Crysis vs. Killzone 2 vs. Halo 3 vs. Metroid Prime 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joeblak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 joeblak
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts
Crysis
IamTakkun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 IamTakkun
Member since 2004 • 264 Posts

Great info on all the games.

I'm glad this topic didn't fill with fanboys, of any kind, and just ruin it.

I'm really interested in seeing the online play for all of these, Metroid?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 crunchUK
Member since 2007 • 3050 Posts

metroid prime 3, 100%. because the earlier GC ones totally PWNED. mind you i did have loads of fun on halo 2 online...

verdict: metroid>halo3>all the rest

Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts
Thats a seriously hard decision to make there. I would be between Halo 3 and Crysis for me. Halo is a proven series while Cyrsis just looks amazing.(eye candy FTW). I would have to go with Halo for the reason I already stated.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

[QUOTE="the_jetimaster"]Halo i love it killzone i never like it metroid keeeeewl and crysis umm is good but not so good
but i noe that halo gonna winJJ_1

True, Halo 3 is going to dominate in sales, but that is because alot of people have the 360's and there is a major fanbase. (PC elites are far and few) The big reason halo sold so well was that counsel gamers never had it so good. PC gamers had that 8 years before halo. I'm sorry to say, but Crysis and Bioshock have new gameplay ideas that make halo obsolete.

There are more PC gamers than Xbox360 games ... why on earth are you people still thinking otherwise?

Fyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Fyper
Member since 2007 • 495 Posts

Graphics: Crysis
Gameplay: Crysis
Innovation: Crysis
Online: Crysis
Annoying 12 year olds screaming they will 'pwn' you after you killed them: Halo 3

So, yeah, it's obvious it's Crysis. Too bad I can't run it. Don't have any money for upgrading my PC.

Amit_Raj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Amit_Raj
Member since 2007 • 381 Posts

CRYSIS by a long shot!!!!!!!!

followed byHALO

KILLZONE2

MP3(cozi hate wii)

H3llstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 H3llstrike
Member since 2006 • 1877 Posts

Crysis - graphics

Halo - gameplay and online

HALO 3 is teh winner!

adriancostin83
Can you link me to the store you bought your copies of Crysis and Halo3 much apperciated /sacasm.
leonhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 leonhead
Member since 2007 • 1524 Posts
My computer can't handle crysis, plus i barely know anything about it :S probably Halo 3
h_2_izzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 h_2_izzo
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Crysis - graphics

HALO 3 is teh winner!

adriancostin83

crysis dosent have online and gameplay ??? who knew :P

xelottath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 xelottath
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I'm glad this topic didn't fill with fanboys

IamTakkun

Like the one with the Wii sig who, instead of posting a schpiel, should have just posted his sig?

or the one with the master chief avatar who, instead of posting his schpiel, should have just. . .

you get the idea haha

MonkersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MonkersX

Graphics: Crysis
Gameplay: Crysis
Innovation: Crysis
Online: Crysis
Annoying 12 year olds screaming they will 'pwn' you after you killed them: Halo 3

So, yeah, it's obvious it's Crysis. Too bad I can't run it. Don't have any money for upgrading my PC.

Fyper
I have to say I agree completely. Graphically Crysis is way ahead, it's on PC for starters so that's an advantage The style of gameplay for crysis is going to be immense, what with weapon customization, nano suit, super interactiveness etc The online play for Crysis is going to be much better than that of halo; the power struggle style and HUGE maps are jsut going to be immense. I've never been a big fan of Halo and certainly hate the fanboys. The graphics for Halo 2 and 3 are mediocre (except Halo 1 for it's time), the enemies all look like cartoon characters with bright colours and the gameplay quite frankly is bland and boring. 1. Bioshock 2. Halo 3 3. MP 3 4. Kz2 - wtf is this? Crysis really is in a different league altogether.
omgimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 omgimba
Member since 2007 • 2645 Posts
I would take Crysis if My computer could run it on Max. The graphics are amazing enoguh too justify the purchase on its own. Also the game isn't looking all that bad gameplay wise, atleast it does some things new.. And the Multiplayer seems solid enough.. The game is also bound too get an amazing mod support which means infinite playtime (pretty much). And I suppose it would be fun too play around with the games world editor, seems easy enough too handle. . Ah well. We won't know how good it is until it hit the shelves..
_AsasN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 _AsasN_
Member since 2003 • 3646 Posts
[QUOTE="mantisybza"]

killzone 2

halo 3

crysis

metroid prime 3

jt8b2z

i really dont see how you can say killzone 2 will be the best when all you've seen is a short video of someone getting of a landing craft and shooting people the same way you shoot people in every other fps. What the hell is different apart from the lick of paint :s

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts
Crysis actually has its own Battlefield implementation, ie Power Struggle, so I guess it's a win by default.
EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#66 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
1. Crysis (a completely new game with new ideas, definately will have the best gameplay and graphics, and prolly a good mp too)
2. Halo3 (I would take it for the story driven SP campaign, not really interested in the mp)
3. MP3 (Dunno much about the game, but it looks more fascinating than the last one and I would like to try the controls)
4. Killzone 2 (Would prolly be a good game, maybe even my fav. after playing them all, but it's a black(dark?) horse to me)
whocares9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#67 whocares9
Member since 2004 • 5062 Posts
Crysis, I rather have donkey butt sex than play FPS games on a controller.
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts
Halo 3 wins for me.
walkerctranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#69 walkerctranger
Member since 2006 • 1477 Posts
halo
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#70 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts

I am all about single player, so my vote goes to Metroid Prime 3.

Halo 3's campaign really made me angry, and I have not played KZ2 or Crysis.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
Well seeing Crysis is the only game you listed that actually interest me, I have no choice but to vote for Crysis. ;)
Avatar image for thenycest1_b_basic
thenycest1_b_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 thenycest1_b_basic
Member since 2002 • 592 Posts
[QUOTE="mantisybza"]

killzone 2

halo 3

crysis

metroid prime 3

jt8b2z

i really dont see how you can say killzone 2 will be the best when all you've seen is a short video of someone getting of a landing craft and shooting people the same way you shoot people in every other fps. What the hell is different apart from the lick of paint :s

oh and halo isn't like every other shooter ? please. dont talk. halo brought nothing new to the table except good graphics and able to drive stuff around, and that was 3-4 years ago, halo 3 brought nothing much new to the table except a short campaign some additions, editor, and more of halo2 but upgraded graphics.

killzone 2 will > killzon 1 cuz of bigger development team, funding from sony and the best console on the market in terms of specs. their latest videos shows some amazing graphics that halo3 cant even touch... so you cant judge the next game like that.

crysis looks jus like another farcry but more realistic looking.

never had much interest in metroid prime even though alot of u say its good.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
[QUOTE="jt8b2z"][QUOTE="mantisybza"]

killzone 2

halo 3

crysis

metroid prime 3

thenycest1_b_basic

oh and halo isn't like every other shooter ? please. dont talk. halo brought nothing new to the table except good graphics and able to drive stuff around, and that was 3-4 years ago, halo 3 brought nothing much new to the table except a short campaign some additions, editor, and more of halo2 but upgraded graphics.

killzone 2 will > killzon 1 cuz of bigger development team, funding from sony and the best console on the market in terms of specs. their latest videos shows some amazing graphics that halo3 cant even touch... so you cant judge the next game like that.

crysis looks jus like another farcry but more realistic looking.

never had much interest in metroid prime even though alot of u say its good.

Far Cry had Frozen Tropics & Zero G giant Spaceships now? Whoa thats news to me ... anda huge Multiplayer with NUCLEAR BOMBS w00T ... and lets not forget the Nano Suit X_x....

Seriously ... the only thing it shares is the tropical island nothing else.

nicenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 nicenator
Member since 2005 • 1938 Posts
i really wish fellow cows would stop going on about KZ2 and Haze. Sure, they look good, but nothing overly spectacular. besides which, if the PS3 is to win this Gen, it wont be the FPS that do it.
Mardil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Mardil
Member since 2004 • 3214 Posts
Crysis... I'm more excited about this game that I have been for any of the others. But the system requirements... they'd make my computer explote!
numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#76 numba1234
Member since 2007 • 3561 Posts

bioshock/ half life 2 orange box owns all those games combined.

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
KILLZONE 2 WOULD DENITAELY DOMINATE
hydrophoboe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 hydrophoboe
Member since 2004 • 444 Posts

Two of them I haven't played and thus I cannot choose. Why are you people choosing from these games when some of them aren't even OUT?

Maybe because you're FANBOYS?

PROBABLY.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#79 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

(The reason this is here is because system wars always comes down to software)

These four titles are a FPS fan's wet dream.
Now, if all were lauched at the same time, which would dominate?

Simply stated, if you had all four systems/system requirements, which would you buy if only one and why?

IamTakkun

Crysis. Dynamic, freeform gameplay. Halo has some of that, but not enough. Plus you're fighing alien clowns.

hydrophoboe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 hydrophoboe
Really, this thread is just proof that people have already decided what games they are going to like, even when they haven't played some of them. In essence, it's a summary of the general stupidity that clouds system wars.

But I'm not really all that surprised. Most of the people on here can barely spell or form a single cogent line of thinking.

Crysis is awesome because it has nice visuals, Halo 3 and Metroid Prime 3 are awesome because people have actually played them, and Killzone 2 is "awesome" for the same reason that Killzone 1 is awesome (because it's the only Sony FPS exclusive).
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
CRysis, with killzone 2 afterwards and halo 3 a close third and MP3 a far off 4th
MonkersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 MonkersX

Two of them I haven't played and thus I cannot choose. Why are you people choosing from these games when some of them aren't even OUT?

Maybe because you're FANBOYS?

PROBABLY.

hydrophoboe

In case you didn't notice none of the games were out when this thread started. (Cept maybe Mp3, don't know about that one.)

Try not to show yourself up.

groudyogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 groudyogre
Member since 2006 • 1661 Posts
Metroid == Crysis >>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo 3 == Flopzone 2.
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 MegaPigeon
Member since 2007 • 1726 Posts

Halo 3-OVerall the best game

MP3-Haven't played it yet (due to Nintendo treating Europe like garbage and not releasing it) so I can't judge it

Crysis-It's all about the graphics. I don't want to put the graphical settings down in the beta and do you know why? Because then it'd just be a typical FPS. The single player may prove interesting though

Killzone 2-lol.

jbisco25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#85 jbisco25
Member since 2004 • 976 Posts
Crysis
alia999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86 alia999
Member since 2005 • 1353 Posts

well heres my list:

1. metroid prime 3: i dont know why ithasnt recievedthe reception it deserved, it is bloody brilliant, good replay value, no online, a breathtaking single player game that shows that wii fps' can kick ass better than any other console.

2. crysis: this game is georgeous! and not just graphically either. The AI is amazing, the world interactive, and the gameplay immersive. top that with some great multiplayer, and its win win win.

3. halo 3: a truly great game on almost all accounts. provides almost endless playablity with multiplayer, and has some nifty features (the replay video mode)

4. killzone 2: the graphics are definetaly looking good, great infact. yet since i havent played it,and havent seen a great deal of it, and havent really read much regarding its gameplay, i cant say for now.

hydrophoboe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 hydrophoboe
In case you didn't notice none of the games were out when this thread started. (Cept maybe Mp3, don't know about that one.)MonkersX

Ha, well that makes this thread even more ridiculous.

But then again, I don't generally look at dates considering most threads don't last very long here.
SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SER69
Member since 2003 • 7096 Posts
I care about single player the most and prefer fantasy over realistic, so... MP3 > Halo3 = Crysis >Killzone2
cooluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 cooluc

Crysis - graphics

HALO 3 is teh winner!

adriancostin83

since when does halo 3's gameplay beat crysis's?Last i checked, master chief has o nano-muscle suit. Also, crysis has better online than halo, just not as populated.

crysis is the obvious winner.

halo 3 is second

KZ3 is third

and metroid prime is last because i simply despise the Wii and all who own it

PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#90 PotatoSan
Member since 2005 • 3491 Posts
Comparing a single player shooter with a focus on graphics to a shooter we don't know much about to a multiplayer shooter to an adventure game ftw.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
I would choose Crysis and then MP3. Crysis is amazing in terms of technical graphics and still awesome gameplay. MP3 blew me away with the controls. It is the best FPS on console i've played. and no it does not make my arm tired. it is also atmospheric. I haven't played Halo 3 and have no plan to as i dislike Halo. Killzone never mind.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#92 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts
KIllzone 2 isn't even out yet. How about R:FoM instead?
Tasman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Tasman_basic
Member since 2002 • 3255 Posts
Halo 3. I would have done it before because of the BETA and now I'd do it because out of the 4 its the one i like most.
coolgra101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 coolgra101
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Crysis - Great new features on an FPS and outstanding graphics and destructible environments

Metroid prime 3 - Pretty solid controls with the wii-mote (apparently) and pretty good gameplay

Killzone 2 - havent seen anything yet (hurry up guerrilla games)

Halo3 - solid gameplay, good online but poor campaign (yes i said it the story mode was crap in my opinion)

Winner - Crysis why? because the environments are just amazing and they are destructible as well, the graphics are amazing, the gameplay also looks very good and the nanosuit gives the player a tactical advantage. Halo may have been my favourite but they didnt care enough about the single player (not everyone can get thier console online), they focused too much on the online multiplayer which is full of 12-15 year olds who constantly swear and think they are "leet" or whatever they call it.

If Half life 2 episode 2 had been on this list i would have chosen that.

ahmedkandil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ahmedkandil
Member since 2004 • 2328 Posts
dear god stop bumping dead topics people
CAPSROGUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 CAPSROGUE
Member since 2008 • 863 Posts

I fail to understand why people think Crysis only has ''the'' graphics. The nanosuit is incredibly awesome and allows you to do things you could only dream of seeing in a movie.

For those that haven't played the game: Your suit has 4 abilities, Strength, Speed, Armor, Camoflage and you can slightly modify your weapon on the fly aswell. By clicking your scroll wheel a mini-menu pops up in the middle, all you have to do is just slightly move the mouse in the direction of the ability you want, release, and you have it. This means you can switch between them extremely fast, as if you're switching weapons. You have a ''mana''-bar below which regenerates slowly back up when you use your abilities.

Strength makes you strong ''duh'' which means you can jump very high aswell as hit/knock/throw things alot harder/farther then you normally could.

Speed makes you passively faster, by pressing SHIFT you get a serious speed boost.

Armor functions like a vest, the manabar takes hits when you take damage, so you're more durable.

Camo makes you invisible.

So what changes you say? Imagine this.

Camo into the water, de-camo in the water, speed, head to their mini-harbor, camo, climp up, hide behind barrel, strength, pick up the barrel, throw it at the 2 guards about 50 yards away from you, shoot the barrel, and BOOM.

A car is driving your way ready to make pancakes out of you, switch to strength, jump to avoid the impact, turn, sniper the fuel tank, BOOM!

The possibilities are endless.

Stop promoting Crysis as a graphic-only-game. This is one of the best FPS's I've ever played, and it's certainly better then Halo and will be better then Flopzone.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

Crysis for gameplay and graphics.

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points