Best RPG ? ( Poll )

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

From that list? Dragon Age.

And why the f*** is Mass Effect 2 on the list? The poll isn't about third person shooters.

DarkLink77

Strange that I haven't seen you object to Fallout 3 on the same grounds ;)

Because Fallout 3 is an RPG. It's a terrible game, but it is an RPG.

And with Mass Effect 2 you get both an RPG AND a superb game. How about that :D

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#202 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

Strange that I haven't seen you object to Fallout 3 on the same grounds ;)

AdobeArtist

Because Fallout 3 is an RPG. It's a terrible game, but it is an RPG.

And with Mass Effect 2 you get both an RPG AND a superb game. How about that :D

Nah. Just an okay game. But at least I wanted to finish it. I regret purchasing Fallout 3.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 AdobeArtist  Moderator

Oh and Harbinger sends his regards. Says the indoctrination is proceeding on schedule. You should be nice and ready for ME3 ;) :twisted:

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 DarkLink77

Oh and Harbinger sends his regards. Says the indoctrination is proceeding on schedule. You should be nice and ready for ME3 ;) :twisted:

AdobeArtist
Pfft. Tell him to bring it on.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

DarkLink77

That's the whole point. He already has, months ago, and you're not even aware of it. You saying that ME3 actually looks good is just the first sign of indoctrination taking its hold on your psyche. By the time 2012 comes rolling around, you'll be singing its praises and not knowing why. ;)

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 DarkLink77

AdobeArtist

That's the whole point. He already has, months ago, and you're not even aware of it. You saying that ME3 actually looks good is just the first sign of indoctrination taking its hold on your psyche. By the time 2012 comes rolling around, you'll be singing its praises and not knowing why. ;)

Meh. I thought ME2 looked good, too. Fool me twice, and all that. It shall not happen again.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Pfft. Tell him to bring it on.DarkLink77

Meh. I thought ME2 looked good, too. Fool me twice, and all that. It shall not happen again.

The beauty of it is, that you won't be fooled. Your eyes will finally be opened to see the splendorous truth. Rejoice!! :D

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 DarkLink77

AdobeArtist

The beauty of it is, that you won't be fooled. Your eyes will finally be opened to see the splendorous truth. Rejoice!! :D

Even if your machine could sap my free will, it would still be a hollow victory for you. ;)
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#209 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

AdobeArtist

Ahhh Adobe,still under Soverign´s indoctrination,I see. Dat was some heavy indoctrination,he even got you believing ME2 is a good RPG. :o :twisted:

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

Arach666

Ahhh Adobe,still under Soverign´s indoctrination,I see. Dat was some heavy indoctrination,he even got you believing ME2 is a good RPG. :o :twisted:

Ssh! Arach! Don't tell him! He needs to think he came to like Mass Effect on his own! :P
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#211 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

DarkLink77

Ssh! Arach! Don't tell him! He needs to think he came to like Mass Effect on his own! :P

Cor blimey! Me and me big mouth. :cry:
hensothor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#212 hensothor
Member since 2011 • 522 Posts
Dragon Age: Origins, The Witcher, Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3, and Demon's Souls all tied for first place. I know, I'm not very good at these things...
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

[QUOTE="SkyWard20"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Because Fallout 3 is an RPG. It's a terrible game, but it is an RPG.DragonfireXZ95

Hators. I played most fairly recent RPG's and Fallout 3 ranks among the best. Though that giant robot at the end is stupid...

I guess your standards might be lower? Because I thought Fallout 3 was pretty mediocre too.

You would be wrong. On both accounts.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="SkyWard20"] Hators. I played most fairly recent RPG's and Fallout 3 ranks among the best. Though that giant robot at the end is stupid...SkyWard20

I guess your standards might be lower? Because I thought Fallout 3 was pretty mediocre too.

Nah, Fallout 3 was just a crap game. :)
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="SkyWard20"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] I guess your standards might be lower? Because I thought Fallout 3 was pretty mediocre too.

DarkLink77

Nah, Fallout 3 was just a crap game. :)

Given your account of ME2, the fact that you claim FO3 is crap would just lead me to believe its in actuality a masterpiece of an RPG. Maybe second to ME2 :D

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#216 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Given your account of ME2, the fact that you claim FO3 is crap would just lead me to believe its in actuality a masterpiece of an RPG. Maybe second to ME2 :D

AdobeArtist

*looks at sig. again*

Do i really need to elaborate as to why your opinion is irrelevant to RPGs alltogether ?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

Fable 3 !! :shock:

OK, ok, ummmm, for recent RPG enjoyment, I'll need to go with Mass Effect the first but Kotor is still king. :P

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#218 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

My favourite RPG would have to be Halo 3.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 SecretPolice

FrozenLiquid

Hmmm, Halo 3 is mah second favorite RPG with Mass Effect 2 coming in a distant third. :twisted:

Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1

#220 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

Probably the Witcher or Oblivion with extensive mods to correct it's defects.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24000 Posts

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] Yeah New Vegas was much much better.DarkLink77
That's what I hear. I want to check it out, but Fallout 3 was just so boring.

What was it about Fallout 3 you didnt like? List them, so I can know if I should recommend you New Vegas or not. :)

I hated Fallout 3 as well with its Auto-Aim that you couldnt turn off, VATS, awful quest design, poor plot and writing, and drab world and green tint. I did enjoy Fallout New Vegas however.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
The Witcher followed by Mass Effect 2
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#223 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
This generation: Dragon Age. Last: Deus Ex 1. Probably the best of all time really.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#224 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]

SecretPolice

Hmmm, Halo 3 is mah second favorite RPG with Mass Effect 2 coming in a distant third. :twisted:

did you like Fable 3?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]

FrozenLiquid

did you like Fable 3?

I had a blast with it as a lighthearted action / adventure / rpg lite game with a very pretty world to explore and lots of things to do though Fable 1 still seems to be the high water mark for the series. For now I've had enough Fable and demand ( :p ) MS / Lionhead work on bringing BC as a launch title for the next MS console - me thinks that could be a real winner for them if done right. :)

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#226 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

Just because Mass Effect 1 was an RPG doesn't automatically make its sequel one. Seriously though, Mass Effect 2 has absolutely nothing that makes an RPG an RPG. It's just a 3rd person shooter with terrible and glitchy mechanics and dialogue options.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 AdobeArtist  Moderator

Just because Mass Effect 1 was an RPG doesn't automatically make its sequel one. Seriously though, Mass Effect 2 has absolutely nothing that makes an RPG an RPG. It's just a 3rd person shooter with terrible and glitchy mechanics and dialogue options.

Pikminmaniac

Soooo, you mean I didn't build up my character as defined by cIasses, level up, or interact with the world around me, advancing the story through direct player/character involvement? I actually haullicinated all that and was only shooting the whole time? :o

* and really it's ridiculous how people use the term "dialogue options" as only a minor feature without realizing its significance. It's part of the interaction of you through your character with the world around you, and part of how you define your role by how he/she approaches situations. Your dialogue is a reflection of the attitude and personality of your character, their traits being defined by you. This is a role playing experience you don't get from just shooters. Combat alone (shooting, hack n' slash, or what ever...) is not the sum whole of the RPG experience, and ME2 does contain more than just that.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#228 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

I don't know how people can honestly say Witcher was a better game than Demon's Souls and Dragon Age. The first Witcher was decent, even the Enhanced Edition.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

Lucianu

*looks at sig. again*

Do i really need to elaborate as to why your opinion is irrelevant to RPGs alltogether ?

By all means, do look at my sig. In fact you should be continuing to look at it. Maybe eventually you'll finally understand how everything I stated in it (aside from the last line which poses a question) is completely factual :)

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Lucianu

By all means, do look at my sig. In fact you should be continuing to look at it. Maybe eventually you'll finally understand how everything I stated in it (aside from the last line which poses a question) is completely factual :)

AdobeArtist

I could get into a lot of history talk about RPGs and about this and that, proving you wrong, and all that, but i honestly am afraid that i would be wasting my time, and i am one lazy mofo..

So i'm gonna let my lil' dude here do the talking, weather ME2 is a RPG or not.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

Lucianu

I could get into a lot of history talk about RPGs and about this and that, proving you wrong, and all that, but i honestly am afraid that i would be wasting my time, and i am one lazy mofo..

So i'm gonna let my lil' dude here do the talking, weather ME2 is a RPG or not.

And how far back does your history of RPGs go? The first Final Fantasy's and Dragon Quest's in the 8bit era? ;)

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Lucianu

And how far back does your history of RPGs go? The first Final Fantasy's and Dragon Quest's in the 8bit era? ;)

AdobeArtist

95% of every japanese role playing games are Ultima clones. They have remained with the same back bone for so long. A old relic from the past were computer RPGs were finally succesfully translated from the pen 'n paper DnD.