Banned Xbox live users will lose all of their games with the Xbox one

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#251 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22675 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]good. if you're banned its probably for a reason. dont be an asshole. Heil68
This... Like I care about what happens to the games of someone who got banned off a network they probably deserved to be banned from...

Apparently people have been banned unjustly just for being good at a FPS game and people report them for cheating?

cmon though... thats the exception to the rule id say... I practice a dwight schrute brand of mcarthyism... Id rather 100 innocent men be locked up then one guilty man go free...

ds

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] This... Like I care about what happens to the games of someone who got banned off a network they probably deserved to be banned from... TheEroica

Apparently people have been banned unjustly just for being good at a FPS game and people report them for cheating?

cmon though... thats the exception to the rule id say... I practice a dwight schrute brand of mcarthyism... Id rather 100 innocent men be locked up then one guilty man go free...

ds

Oh wow.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="ScreamDream"]

There are assholes in this world but you shouldn't lose your console and games if you are one.

Vatusus

If you are an asshole on their service and they're tired of it then yes, why not... If I buy a sports car for 50k and speed everywhere I go, I'll lose my license rendering my expensive car useless... Still gotta pay for it. I'm not willing to defend ms for stupid policies, but this isn't one. If you fun up for being a disk then cya! If I were ms I'd send them a letter thanking them for their money just to rub it in.

But you can sell your car after. You cant with the x1 games you bought...

Nope you can't... just like you aint gettin full price value for your car.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] Apparently people have been banned unjustly just for being good at a FPS game and people report them for cheating? clyde46

ds

Oh wow.

:P
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts
[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] Apparently people have been banned unjustly just for being good at a FPS game and people report them for cheating? clyde46

ds

#dealwithit :p Maybe a future P2M show is in this topic somewhere? :o Oh wow.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#256 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]good. if you're banned its probably for a reason. dont be an asshole. tormentos

Your an idiot no one can tgake away what you legaly buy this will land MS in a law sue faster than you say Ban.

If you get ban on xbox live or PS3 your games still work just not online.

I arrest my case. :lol:

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] cmon though... thats the exception to the rule id say... I practice a dwight schrute brand of mcarthyism... Id rather 100 innocent men be locked up then one guilty man go free...

ds

Heil68
#dealwithit :p Maybe a future P2M show is in this topic somewhere? :o Oh wow.

oh yes... so many topics now... btw, Im kidding about the mcarthyism comment... :P
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 clyde46

[QUOTE="tormentos"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]good. if you're banned its probably for a reason. dont be an asshole. mems_1224

Your an idiot no one can tgake away what you legaly buy this will land MS in a law sue faster than you say Ban.

I arrest my case. 

Arrest?
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 clyde46
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="clyde46"] #dealwithit :p Maybe a future P2M show is in this topic somewhere? :o Oh wow.

oh yes... so many topics now... btw, Im kidding about the mcarthyism comment... :P

Pretty sure me, Sean and Darkspine have a podcast planned on DRM.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]

[QUOTE="tormentos"]

clyde46

I arrest my case. 

Arrest?

Its not the first time I've been called dumb by someone who could barely put a coherent thought together. :lol: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29390631/why-do-people-pay-for-xbox-live?page=12

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Heil68"]clyde46

sweet! Ill play devils advocate and you guys can throw things at me.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 clyde46
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] oh yes... so many topics now... btw, Im kidding about the mcarthyism comment... :P

sweet! Ill play devils advocate and you guys can throw things at me.

Not sure when it is though, could I have the link to the google calendar?
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i went to the forums and did you know that 100% of all banned xbl guys said "WE DINT DO NUFFIN!"

this is an outrage!

:P

strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 strawhatlupi
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

Close this thread. Th article was upadted:

Well that was quick. According to @XboxSupport1 the original tweet was intended for the Xbox 360, not Xbox One. While this would not be the first time Xbox Support said something in error, it would also not be the first time they revealed something before it was ready. I personally hope this was a simple mistake, but that leaves a burning question in my mind. What about all the other tweets?

@Jeffrey_Jue There was some confusion here. That tweet was intended to refer to downloadable games on the Xbox 360 actually. ^AD

Xbox Support (@XboxSupport1) June 15, 2013

Don't jump to conclusions guys.

mayceV
fools its not over. when they banned your account log in tak the 24 hrs check, therefore you XBONE is brick your disk games wont run on a BRICK consol
strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 strawhatlupi
[QUOTE="mayceV"]

Close this thread. Th article was upadted:

Well that was quick. According to @XboxSupport1 the original tweet was intended for the Xbox 360, not Xbox One. While this would not be the first time Xbox Support said something in error, it would also not be the first time they revealed something before it was ready. I personally hope this was a simple mistake, but that leaves a burning question in my mind. What about all the other tweets?

@Jeffrey_Jue There was some confusion here. That tweet was intended to refer to downloadable games on the Xbox 360 actually. ^AD

Xbox Support (@XboxSupport1) June 15, 2013

Don't jump to conclusions guys.

strawhatlupi
fools its not over. when they banned your account you will be unable to log in and do the 24 hrs check, therefore you XBONE is brick your disk games wont run on a BRICK consol

strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 strawhatlupi
MS is the new government... DEAL WITH IT!
Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

MS is the new government... DEAL WITH IT!strawhatlupi
They can't run it any worse then Obama has. Even Milo can do a better job...

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#268 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts
[QUOTE="Don-Mattrick"]OH NO, people who pirated games they did not pay for or hacked for games they did not pay for DON'T GT THOSE GAMES!!! Why do people think thee guys deserve their games again?

Let's be honest here, pirates/hackers/etc will find a way around it, this ban will literally only affect legit consumers (as all crazy DRM does).
drakekratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 drakekratos
Member since 2011 • 2311 Posts
Imagine losing your entire library of games because youre banned from Live..
Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

seriously though you don't think microsoft are biased a-holes?  angryjoe makes a youtube video now he's banned from live unless he says nice things.

most people aren't going to take microsoft to court over games.  I have better things to do.  My honest opinion is microsoft is everything i hate and they completely don't get it.

Let's be real.  There are a lot of pathetic people on the internet who twist things make people out to be things they aren't just because they disagree with you and have some warped agenda.  I don't want these people reporting me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#271 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

So if you have an offensive gamertag you can lose all of your games. If you get hacked you can lose all of your games. Very annoying.

Avatar image for longtimelurker0
longtimelurker0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 longtimelurker0
Member since 2013 • 190 Posts

So if you have an offensive gamertag you can lose all of your games. If you get hacked you can lose all of your games. Very annoying.

sherman-tank1
I'm sure there will be a way to challenge the ban, but even if they un ban you, its still sucks to not have your games in the meantime.
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

This is asking for a lawsuit. No, this is screaming for a lawsuit. Terms of use or no, they can only legally revoke access to internet/multiplayer, they cannot revoke a singleplayer license.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
[QUOTE="MikeMoose"]

http://levelsave.com/banned-xbox-one-users-lose-all-of-their-games/

Just when I thought microsoft couldn't bury themselves any further...

xsubtownerx
That already happens on Steam. Don't get banned?

wrong only in the online part of the game you cheat in, can still play other games online and the single player part. This is microsoft really taking total control of your games...most probably wont care and you could easily create lots of accounts so you don't loose all your games.
GONtheSKYLORD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 GONtheSKYLORD
Member since 2008 • 3042 Posts
People have been getting wrongfully banned from games for years and it isn't exclusive to Xbox. There's no such thing as a perfect code. Haven't you ever been pissed off after being wrongfully accused of something? I bet if you get banned from Xone you will come here and sing a different tune.
Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

I personally think last gen was bad with all the ban hammer stuff from developers.  Some of these guys are massive douchebags and don't even know who they are banning half the time and who actually reads this stuff.

crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 crusadernm
Member since 2009 • 1609 Posts

As an official spokesman for MS, this is false, you will not be losing your games if you are banned. hehehe.