Banned Xbox live users will lose all of their games with the Xbox one

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Riverwolf007 (26023 posts) -

good.

one of the biggest advantages the xbox has always had was that  abusive players, cheaters and glytchers were investigated and got booted off xbl and lost all their stuff.

what a shocker that  fanboys would find this outrageous and unacceptable. 

if i was an asshat i would be frightened too. :lol:

#152 Posted by strawhatlupi (869 posts) -
this involve not only the termination of service but "sequestering" legally "owned" and "procured" properties (xbox one and disc games won't work without an xbl account). they should define this in their ToU implicitly that they will brick your legally owned system if banned both online and offline.
#153 Posted by tormentos (26778 posts) -

[QUOTE="tormentos"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] If its written in their ToU then they are well within their rights to do that. clyde46

Oh lawyers will makew this so big that even more poeple will steer away from the xbox one,this piece of sh** console was created with the sole intention of stripping you of every right you have,also remember just because it is in a agreement doesn't mean is legal,MS can claim that if you get ben they can burn your house down,doesn't mean they can do it and would not be illegal.

Dude, open your eyes. We live in a world where corporations have power over the police to carry out their dirty work. What makes you think MS would lose a lawsuit on this?

Yeah i know but many have beat them,like the guy who beatb AT&T on a small claim court,and AT&T was force to restore his data service and give him back $800..

They can lose on in several ways,specially for restricting every access to games you legaly pay form a judge may not like the idea of some one lossing everything because of something so trivial.

Just because you have an aggrementething doesn't mean is legal and there are laws that over rule any contract,if the court rules the contract is to abusive,in fact the xbox one contract is say to need a lawyer to even read it as to how complicated it is,and how much work it has been put so that people don't uinderstand it.

#154 Posted by gago-gago (12050 posts) -
It takes a lot to get banned. I don't even know if you can get banned from PSN, which can be a bad annoying thing.
#155 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="tormentos"]

Oh lawyers will makew this so big that even more poeple will steer away from the xbox one,this piece of sh** console was created with the sole intention of stripping you of every right you have,also remember just because it is in a agreement doesn't mean is legal,MS can claim that if you get ben they can burn your house down,doesn't mean they can do it and would not be illegal.

tormentos

Dude, open your eyes. We live in a world where corporations have power over the police to carry out their dirty work. What makes you think MS would lose a lawsuit on this?

Yeah i know but many have beat them,like the guy who beatb AT&T on a small claim court,and AT&T was force to restore his data service and give him back $800..

They can lose on in several ways,specially for restricting every access to games you legaly pay form a judge may not like the idea of some one lossing everything because of something so trivial.

Just because you have an aggrementething doesn't mean is legal and there are laws that over rule any contract,if the court rules the contract is to abusive,in fact the xbox one contract is say to need a lawyer to even read it as to how complicated it is,and how much work it has been put so that people don't uinderstand it.

All they have to do is change the wording of their ToU (which most don't read anyway) and then they can pull the rug from under you without any legal recourse.
#156 Posted by Vatusus (8525 posts) -

[QUOTE="MikeMoose"]

http://levelsave.com/banned-xbox-one-users-lose-all-of-their-games/

Just when I thought microsoft couldn't bury themselves any further...

xsubtownerx

That already happens on Steam. Don't get banned?

What? Seriously? Thats just wrong. W/e sh!t someone does, he still PAYED for those games. Thanks for the warning. I'll be buying less from steam from now on, even though I've no intentions to be banned. I wont support sh!t like this.

Its because bs like this I'll always prefer physical format. Fvck the future. This is just plain un-ethical to the consumer

#157 Posted by strawhatlupi (869 posts) -
they should also make the banning procedure transparent with define due process that require respondents participation, and must include lsome form of egal representative. must be monitored by trade dept and the name of people that makes the banning decisions must be made a public knowledge... to avoid colution, conspiracy, and biased
#158 Posted by strawhatlupi (869 posts) -
MS can't ban someone now based on suspicion alone, as they now demand acquisition of real property as part of penalty. they must prove this now in well represented court open to scrutiny
#159 Posted by strawhatlupi (869 posts) -
MS can't ban someone now based on suspicion alone, as they now demand acquisition of real property as part of penalty. they must prove this now in well represented court open to scrutinystrawhatlupi
should be " acquisition of value" as you'll probably still have the hardwares and disks
#160 Posted by the__joker (6013 posts) -

good. if you're banned its probably for a reason. dont be an asshole. mems_1224

This. Next time play by the rules and you will see how these "news" mean nothing.

#161 Posted by KungfuKitten (25202 posts) -

This is like when you buy a car and you cross the speed limit the car manufacturer takes away your car.

#162 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

This is like when you buy a car and you cross the speed limit the car manufacturer takes away your car.

KungfuKitten
In this country the police can take your car.
#163 Posted by Riverwolf007 (26023 posts) -

KungfuKitten

thousands of people break traffic laws and lose their license every day.

#164 Posted by KungfuKitten (25202 posts) -

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

clyde46

By law yes. Not by unwritten corporate rules.
I didn't say police. I said manufacturer.

#165 Posted by LustForSoul (6404 posts) -
The only way to get banned is xbox modification. You're probably cheating or doing illegal stuff.
#166 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

KungfuKitten

However you are agreeing to use MS's services on their terms. You break their terms they have every right to take it away from you. I don't see why everyone is so up in arms about this. I'm sure Sony has some clause somewhere in their ToU thats pretty similar.
#167 Posted by Riverwolf007 (26023 posts) -

KungfuKitten

lol.

sure they do.

if you don't pay your car insurance the insurance company contacts the dmv and it voids the registration.

that is nothing but the law being the enforcement arm of a corporation.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/online/vrir/vr_sb1500qa.htm

#168 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="clyde46"] In this country the police can take your car. Riverwolf007

lol.

sure they do.

if you don't pay your car insurance the insurance company contacts the dmv and it voids the registration.

that is nothing but the law being the enforcement arm of a corporation.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/online/vrir/vr_sb1500qa.htm

If you don't pay for your car insurance and are caught driving then the police have legal powers to crush your car. As it should be in my mind, if I have to pay insurance then so should you.
#169 Posted by Riverwolf007 (26023 posts) -

KungfuKitten

name one time ms ever sent someone out to collect a banned xbox.

you don't lose the car or the xbox, you lose the license required to operate it.

#170 Posted by KungfuKitten (25202 posts) -

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="clyde46"] In this country the police can take your car. clyde46

However you are agreeing to use MS's services on their terms. You break their terms they have every right to take it away from you. I don't see why everyone is so up in arms about this. I'm sure Sony has some clause somewhere in their ToU thats pretty similar.

So let us make this very clear to people that they should never buy an Xbox One because of these terms, because consumers are unaware of these terms and are not made aware of these terms before buying the console. (So basically it's a scam.)

#171 Posted by Bruce_Benzing (1731 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"] By law yes. Not by unwritten corporate rules.KungfuKitten

So let us make this very clear to people that they should never buy an Xbox One because of these terms, because consumers are unaware of these terms and are not made aware of these terms before buying the console. (So basically it's a scam.)

So what if Sony and Nintendo have similar ToU' s?

#172 Posted by KungfuKitten (25202 posts) -

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] However you are agreeing to use MS's services on their terms. You break their terms they have every right to take it away from you. I don't see why everyone is so up in arms about this. I'm sure Sony has some clause somewhere in their ToU thats pretty similar. Bruce_Benzing

So what if Sony and Nintendo have similar ToU' s?

They are not as anti-consumer so far, but if they were to take a similar stance against consumers that would certainly be a reason to make people avoid their consoles too.
#173 Posted by UCF_Knight (6863 posts) -

Ouch.

So basically, you DON'T own the games you paid for. They are owned by Microsoft. It's something that Sony would disagree with.

Cyberdot
Yeah no thank you. I'm not gambling on MS being nice enough to patch the system eventually to allow me to play games I've paid for past their server support.
#174 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"] By law yes. Not by unwritten corporate rules.KungfuKitten

Every company has them. I'm sure your ISP has a clause that says you can't use their network to view copyrighted material yet I'm sure you watch music videos on Youtube at some point that aren't from the official record labels. Since you have broken their ToU they could take away the service, they aren't going to because its more hassle that its worth but the point is still there.
#175 Posted by KungfuKitten (25202 posts) -

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] In this country the police can take your car. Riverwolf007

you don't lose the car or the xbox, you lose the license required to operate it.

You completely misunderstand the analogy. I didn't say police, and I didn't say insurance. It wasn't about the car being the object that was taken. You may as well replace it with the engine. That is a technicality. The object of purchase is made void.
#176 Posted by KungfuKitten (25202 posts) -

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] However you are agreeing to use MS's services on their terms. You break their terms they have every right to take it away from you. I don't see why everyone is so up in arms about this. I'm sure Sony has some clause somewhere in their ToU thats pretty similar. clyde46

Every company has them. I'm sure your ISP has a clause that says you can't use their network to view copyrighted material yet I'm sure you watch music videos on Youtube at some point that aren't from the official record labels. Since you have broken their ToU they could take away the service, they aren't going to because its more hassle that its worth but the point is still there.

The difference being that my ISP isn't actively destroying my rights at the moment and MS is.
And two wrongs don't make a right outside the world of corporate apologists.

#177 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"] So let us make this very clear to people that they should never buy an Xbox One because of these terms, because consumers are unaware of these terms and are not made aware of these terms before buying the console. (So basically it's a scam.)

KungfuKitten

The difference being that my ISP isn't actively destroying my rights at the moment and MS is.

They are one in the same. The difference being that your ISP is not enforcing it. If you actually read many companies ToU, you will notice that they are all pretty similar.
#178 Posted by KungfuKitten (25202 posts) -

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"]  Every company has them. I'm sure your ISP has a clause that says you can't use their network to view copyrighted material yet I'm sure you watch music videos on Youtube at some point that aren't from the official record labels. Since you have broken their ToU they could take away the service, they aren't going to because its more hassle that its worth but the point is still there. clyde46

They are one in the same. The difference being that your ISP is not enforcing it. If you actually read many companies ToU, you will notice that they are all pretty similar.

The companies are not doing the same things at the moment. Enforcing it is a key difference.
They can put in the terms whatever they want and nobody will care. Until they enforce it, then it's time for them to get lost.

#179 Posted by Riverwolf007 (26023 posts) -

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"] By law yes. Not by unwritten corporate rules.

KungfuKitten

You completely misunderstand the analogy. I didn't say police, and I didn't say insurance. It wasn't about the car being the object that was taken. You may as well replace it with the engine. That is a technicality. The object of purchase is made void.

just like the car is void if you lose your license to operate it.

you break the rules and you are not allowed to use the property you have paid for.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#180 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12935 posts) -

Is there anything Microsoft did not fvck up?

Renegade_Fury
The PS4.
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#181 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (11455 posts) -

Wow so if someone buys a $500 console and spends hundreds on games and gets banned for whatever reason they lose all that money for nothing and are stuck with a brick. That is harsh.

#182 Posted by Heil68 (57960 posts) -
Since I'm a perfect gentleman and practice Sony's Live, Learn and Love philosophy, I have nothing to worry about if I decide to buy the X1 later.
#183 Posted by ScreamDream (3953 posts) -

There are assholes in this world but you shouldn't lose your console and games if you are one.

#184 Posted by Andrew_Xavier (9625 posts) -

Wow so if someone buys a $500 console and spends hundreds on games and gets banned for whatever reason they lose all that money for nothing and are stuck with a brick. That is harsh.

NathanDrakeSwag
I think it's a good thing, I mean, xbox 360 had a wonderful reputation for banning people for all the right reasons, so there is no reason to believe the one won't continue their tradition of never actually examining the evidence and just banning because a bunch of people on an fps decided one guy was too good. (Never happened to me, I'm terrible at FPS and don't care at all about online gaming save for UNO.) But yes, I agree that blocking all games paid for and the system is the right way to go when someone is good at an FPS.
#185 Posted by KungfuKitten (25202 posts) -

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]name one time ms ever sent someone out to collect a banned xbox.

Riverwolf007

you break the rules and you are not allowed to use the property you have paid for.

By law. Not by some kind of loose interpretation of what the manufacturer thinks is right and wrong.
#186 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

KungfuKitten

The companies are not doing the same things at the moment. Enforcing it is a key difference.
They can put in the terms whatever they want and nobody will care. Until they enforce it, then it's time for them to get lost.

Eh? Is that some self-entitlement I detect? Its MS's rules, if you don't like em, then don't use their services then. Hell stop using just about every service then because there is always something in their ToU's that state they can remove said service from you if you break the ToU.
#187 Posted by KungfuKitten (25202 posts) -

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] They are one in the same. The difference being that your ISP is not enforcing it. If you actually read many companies ToU, you will notice that they are all pretty similar. clyde46

Eh? Is that some self-entitlement I detect? Its MS's rules, if you don't like em, then don't use their services then. Hell stop using just about every service then because there is always something in their ToU's that state they can remove said service from you if you break the ToU.

Nice troll attempt. But I'm not the corporate apologist. That they put something in their terms that nobody reads and that you cannot expect everybody to read (they don't even make you read it before buying the console and don't place it in their adverts) does not make it right. That the law is circumvented or used to scam people does not make it right. The law is not a goal but a guidance. MS is an authority on justice as much as I am an authority on justice.
If they want people to play by their made up rules, they will have to advertise that nobody knows whether their purchases will remain available. They can disappear at any time depending on their mood. That should be advertised and nobody in their right mind should buy a product with such restrictions from a company that enforces crazy restrictions.

#188 Posted by RR360DD (13884 posts) -

You get suspended first (unless you do something really bad, in which case good riddance :P)

If you can't learn your lession after the suspension, then sucks to be you.

#189 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -
They can put in the terms whatever they want and nobody will care. Until they enforce it, then it's time for them to get lost.KungfuKitten

Nice troll attempt. But I'm not the corporate apologist. That they put something in their terms that nobody reads and that you cannot expect everybody to read (they don't even make you read it before buying the console and don't place it in their adverts) does not make it right. That the law is circumvented or used to scam people does not make it right. The law is not a goal but a guidance. MS is an authority on justice as much as I am an authority on justice.

Just because nobody reads the ToU doesn't make them meaningless. Try again.
#190 Posted by Heil68 (57960 posts) -
[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

Andrew_Xavier
I think it's a good thing, I mean, xbox 360 had a wonderful reputation for banning people for all the right reasons, so there is no reason to believe the one won't continue their tradition of never actually examining the evidence and just banning because a bunch of people on an fps decided one guy was too good. (Never happened to me, I'm terrible at FPS and don't care at all about online gaming save for UNO.) But yes, I agree that blocking all games paid for and the system is the right way to go when someone is good at an FPS.

It's funny you brought up UNO, while playing online and my kids present a player thought it would be a great time to pull a bong on camera..lol
#191 Posted by Riverwolf007 (26023 posts) -

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"] You completely misunderstand the analogy. I didn't say police, and I didn't say insurance. It wasn't about the car being the object that was taken. You may as well replace it with the engine. That is a technicality. The object of purchase is made void.KungfuKitten

By law. Not by some kind of loose interpretation of what the manufacturer thinks is right and wrong.

how is it some loose intrepretation?

the rules are set out in the tos.

if you break them you get banned.

they include things like harassing other players, cheating, impersonating mods, spamming, scamming  and exposing yourself on the webcam.

are you really going to shed a tear for those people or be against punishing that sort of behavior?

i'm glad they get their asses booted of xbl just like i am glad that people that break the rules of the road do not get to use the roads.

why would you want the federal government to set the rules for a game company and have to make actual laws to punish people on xbl and psn?

the companies do that because it is their responsibility to protect their customers from bad elements of the community.

#192 Posted by KungfuKitten (25202 posts) -

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Eh? Is that some self-entitlement I detect? Its MS's rules, if you don't like em, then don't use their services then. Hell stop using just about every service then because there is always something in their ToU's that state they can remove said service from you if you break the ToU. clyde46

Only in a place like the USA does the rule stand above the rationality. The rest of the (less corporate) world would make more sense of this all.

#193 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -
[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"] Nice troll attempt. But I'm not the corporate apologist. That they put something in their terms that nobody reads and that you cannot expect everybody to read (they don't even make you read it before buying the console and don't place it in their adverts) does not make it right. That the law is circumvented or used to scam people does not make it right. The law is not a goal but a guidance. MS is an authority on justice as much as I am an authority on justice.

Only in the USA. The rest of the (less corporate) world would make more sense of this all.

Umm no.
#194 Posted by KungfuKitten (25202 posts) -
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Just because nobody reads the ToU doesn't make them meaningless. Try again.

Only in the USA. The rest of the (less corporate) world would make more sense of this all.

Umm no.

Let's hug.
#195 Posted by fueled-system (6529 posts) -
This is a good thing... Maybe those lame "troll" channels on youtube will stop now
#196 Posted by TheEroica (17541 posts) -
This... Like I care about what happens to the games of someone who got banned off a network they probably deserved to be banned from...
#197 Posted by Zuzuvela (1993 posts) -
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="clyde46"] In this country the police can take your car.

But I wonder about the Xbox's TOU regarding banned accounts and if they can get away with it considering before people can understand and agree to the TOU, they will have already payed 500$ for their games console
#198 Posted by KungfuKitten (25202 posts) -

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]just like the car is void if you lose your license to operate it.

Riverwolf007

they include things like harassing other players, cheating, impersonating mods, spamming, scamming  and exposing yourself on the webcam.

are you really going to shed a tear for those people or be against punishing that sort of behavior?

i'm glad they get their asses booted of xbl just like i am glad that people that break the rules of the road do not get to use the roads.

why would you want the federal government to set the rules for a game company and have to make actual laws to punish people on xbl and psn?

the companies do that because it is their responsibility to protect their customers from bad elements of the community.

It's not just the rules but their execution on those rules. There is no way for me to ensure that their interpretation of their rules was correct. Therefore you don't have to break those rules to get banned. I cannot defend myself against their opaque treatment. So their interpretation can be anything. If they say they found something offensive then I'm basically done for.
#199 Posted by TheEroica (17541 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]good. if you're banned its probably for a reason. dont be an asshole. ScreamDream

There are assholes in this world but you shouldn't lose your console and games if you are one.

If you are an asshole on their service and they're tired of it then yes, why not... If I buy a sports car for 50k and speed everywhere I go, I'll lose my license rendering my expensive car useless... Still gotta pay for it. I'm not willing to defend ms for stupid policies, but this isn't one. If you fun up for being a disk then cya! If I were ms I'd send them a letter thanking them for their money just to rub it in.
#200 Posted by Riverwolf007 (26023 posts) -

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"] By law. Not by some kind of loose interpretation of what the manufacturer thinks is right and wrong.KungfuKitten

It's not just the rules but their execution on those rules. There is no way for me to ensure that their interpretation of their rules was correct. Therefore you don't have to break those rules to get banned. I cannot defend myself against their opaque treatment. So their interpretation can be anything. If they say they found something offensive then I'm basically done for.

well you win then because i can't make any argument that refutes random paranoia.

all i can say is that  ms wants you to be on there because if you are not on there you can't spend money so it is in their interest to be lenient and only boot you off as a last resort.

their #1 priority is to retain you as a customer not persecute you.