Banned Xbox live users will lose all of their games with the Xbox one

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#201 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]how is it some loose intrepretation?

the rules are set out in the tos.

if you break them you get banned.

they include things like harassing other players, cheating, impersonating mods, spamming, scamming  and exposing yourself on the webcam.

are you really going to shed a tear for those people or be against punishing that sort of behavior?

i'm glad they get their asses booted of xbl just like i am glad that people that break the rules of the road do not get to use the roads.

why would you want the federal government to set the rules for a game company and have to make actual laws to punish people on xbl and psn?

the companies do that because it is their responsibility to protect their customers from bad elements of the community.

Riverwolf007

It's not just the rules but their execution on those rules. There is no way for me to ensure that their interpretation of their rules was correct. Therefore you don't have to break those rules to get banned. I cannot defend myself against their opaque treatment. So their interpretation can be anything. If they say they found something offensive then I'm basically done for.

well you win then because i can't make any argument that refutes random paranoia.

all i can say is that  ms wants you to be on there because if you are not on there you can't spend money so it is in their interest to be lenient and only boot you off as a last resort.

their #1 priority is to retain you as a customer not persecute you.

Well I can refute random naivety. They will make mistakes that will not be solved.
I'm not some conspiracy theorist. This is an almost unethically harsh way to deal with presumed misbehaviour.
I hope they'll go about it responsibly. And I find it odd that I cannot do more than hope.

But I don't want to make a fuss on this forum. I mean this is not even a big deal really. It will be bought regardless. I'll just give up. It's fine.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#202 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

http://levelsave.com/banned-xbox-one-users-lose-all-of-their-games/

Just when I thought microsoft couldn't bury themselves any further...

MikeMoose
Well, they were banned for a reason. They can always create a new gametag on the XBox One, instead of trying to carry over their old one with a modded Xbox 360. lol!!
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#203 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

wend they shut the servers down at the end of the console life span you will lose yopur games too.

linkdarkside
I don't think so. They'll just remove the 24hr check within the software. You'll be able to play the games on your Xbox One for years to come.
Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

Innocent people will lose ability to play their games, because microsoft will make errors (software or human).

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#205 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Jesus, it just gets worse. What a horrible console. I can only imagine the excuses One mods will use to ban people just to screw them out of their games. At least it's only digital games, but still.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
[QUOTE="linkdarkside"]

wend they shut the servers down at the end of the console life span you will lose yopur games too.

blackace
I don't think so. They'll just remove the 24hr check within the software. You'll be able to play the games on your Xbox One for years to come.

That is quite the assumption.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#207 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
[QUOTE="mems_1224"]good. if you're banned its probably for a reason. dont be an asshole. TheEroica
This... Like I care about what happens to the games of someone who got banned off a network they probably deserved to be banned from...

Apparently people have been banned unjustly just for being good at a FPS game and people report them for cheating?
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

Eh they'll learn quick origin and steam both tried this and they changed their TOU quick when someone complained when they were banned via VAC and lost all their games.

*Note: I believe I read this happening with steam but I could be wrong*

WilliamRLBaker
Try a chargeback with a steam purchase (DON'T), you lose access to all your games.
trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#209 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

XBone has to be the worst console of all time and it hasn't even released yet! I always get banned from websites and whatnot so buying One would literally be throwing my money away...

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

Eh they'll learn quick origin and steam both tried this and they changed their TOU quick when someone complained when they were banned via VAC and lost all their games.

*Note: I believe I read this happening with steam but I could be wrong*

WilliamRLBaker
They didnt get banned from their games, Steam doesn't do that. They do however, get banned from VAC enabled servers.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"] It's not just the rules but their execution on those rules. There is no way for me to ensure that their interpretation of their rules was correct. Therefore you don't have to break those rules to get banned. I cannot defend myself against their opaque treatment. So their interpretation can be anything. If they say they found something offensive then I'm basically done for.KungfuKitten

well you win then because i can't make any argument that refutes random paranoia.

all i can say is that  ms wants you to be on there because if you are not on there you can't spend money so it is in their interest to be lenient and only boot you off as a last resort.

their #1 priority is to retain you as a customer not persecute you.

Well I can refute random naivety. They will make mistakes that will not be solved.
I'm not some conspiracy theorist. This is an almost unethically harsh way to deal with presumed misbehaviour.
I hope they'll go about it responsibly. And I find it odd that I cannot do more than hope.

But I don't want to make a fuss on this forum. I mean this is not even a big deal really. It will be bought regardless. I'll just give up. It's fine.

they are not  out to get you for random reasons and they investigate the claims.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/account-banning-and-player-feedback/account-suspensions-and-console-bans

i have to look at this logically and logic says it is in their interest to keep you on the service and spending money.

in the last 9 years of me being on there i have seen one guy on my friends list get banned and it was because he was operating a modded original xbox  that he used to download games to the harddrive on.

he forgot to flip the switch on the side that hid the mod from xbl and got busted using it.

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 AD216
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts

u only get banned for modding or pirating. it is what it is. dnt do something stupid like that and keep ur account

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]good. if you're banned its probably for a reason. dont be an asshole. Heil68
This... Like I care about what happens to the games of someone who got banned off a network they probably deserved to be banned from...

Apparently people have been banned unjustly just for being good at a FPS game and people report them for cheating?

yeah, they were banned because they were too good.

if someone told me that i would totally believe it.

totally.

:P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] This... Like I care about what happens to the games of someone who got banned off a network they probably deserved to be banned from... Riverwolf007

totally.

I'm just reporting the news sir. :P My friend had over 100 kills in a COD match and he didn't cheat. I played with him, I can verify hes an asshole. :P Anyways, if he got reported because people thought he was cheating and got banned that would suck. I never have to worry about that though, because I suck at FPS MP. :P
Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Waaayyy to much regulation on how I use my games from Ms. Also wow completly cutting off banned gamers.

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 AD216

Waaayyy to much regulation on how I use my games from Ms. Also wow completly cutting off banned gamers.

Mercenary848
lmao i mean, ur banned for a reason. look up the definition of BANNED
trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#217 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

This is an almost unethically harsh way to deal with presumed misbehaviour.

KungfuKitten

Agreed. Just because I got drunk and terrorized some goink on the web shouldn't mean I lost access to my $500 console and whatever the cost of my games amounts to.

You half-chads saying this is a "good" thing are beyond saving and I can't wait to taste your tears the day you come back crying because you were banned for some silly insignificant reason and you're on the verge of suicide because your little cousin can't see you awesome Halo achievemts any more...

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Ouch, that cant be fun with a big game collection :|

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] Apparently people have been banned unjustly just for being good at a FPS game and people report them for cheating? Heil68

totally.

I'm just reporting the news sir. :P My friend had over 100 kills in a COD match and he didn't cheat. I played with him, I can verify hes an asshole. :P Anyways, if he got reported because people thought he was cheating and got banned that would suck. I never have to worry about that though, because I suck at FPS MP. :P

those xbl mods  could look at your stats and tell if you were a cheater or legit in about 2 seconds.

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#220 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts
it was updated. close this thread.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Are lemmings really this braindead apologists? Really it seems all were subjected to lobotomies.
Don-Mattrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Don-Mattrick
Member since 2013 • 81 Posts
OH NO, people who pirated games they did not pay for or hacked for games they did not pay for DON'T GT THOSE GAMES!!! Why do people think thee guys deserve their games again?
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#223 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
That is bad. Being banned is one thing, losing games you paid for is just terrible, MS need to change this.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

This is an almost unethically harsh way to deal with presumed misbehaviour.

trollop_scat

Agreed. Just because I got drunk and terrorized some goink on the web shouldn't mean I lost access to my $500 console and whatever the cost of my games amounts to.

You half-chads saying this is a "good" thing are beyond saving and I can't wait to taste your tears the day you come back crying because you were banned for some silly insignificant reason and you're on the verge of suicide because your little cousin can't see you awesome Halo achievemts any more...

if you are a dick nobody cares about what happens to you.

that is the consequence of being a dick.

i am not seeing a problem with screwing you over if you can't be civil.

we as a society do it all the time to undesirable members.

why is it a tragedy now?

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#225 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
[QUOTE="Don-Mattrick"]OH NO, people who pirated games they did not pay for or hacked for games they did not pay for DON'T GT THOSE GAMES!!! Why do people think thee guys deserve their games again?

You can get banned for other reasons. Piracy? It's pretty hard to pirate on a always-online-no-used-games system...
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Riverwolf007

Are lemmings really this braindead apologists? Really it seems all were subjected to lobotomies.kuraimen
yeah, i'm the asshole because i don't want cheaters, glytchers, abusive people, spammers and social engineering on xbl.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Mercenary848

[QUOTE="Mercenary848"]

AD216

True and I dont realy care because I dont play online enough to get banned or care. But you buy all these games and suddenly situations happen and you lose it all. Not to mention ok you got banned on the 360, and find out you will be completly castrated and have no remetion if you get an xbox one that will turn a lot of people away, which will only hurt ms.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Mercenary848

it was updated. close this thread. mayceV

I always think its funny when someone goes into a thread looking to run shit :lol:

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 mayceV

Close this thread. Th article was upadted:

Well that was quick. According to @XboxSupport1 the original tweet was intended for the Xbox 360, not Xbox One. While this would not be the first time Xbox Support said something in error, it would also not be the first time they revealed something before it was ready. I personally hope this was a simple mistake, but that leaves a burning question in my mind. What about all the other tweets?

@Jeffrey_Jue There was some confusion here. That tweet was intended to refer to downloadable games on the Xbox 360 actually. ^AD

Xbox Support (@XboxSupport1) June 15, 2013

Don't jump to conclusions guys.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Are lemmings really this braindead apologists? Really it seems all were subjected to lobotomies.Riverwolf007

yeah, i'm the asshole because i don't want cheaters, glytchers, abusive people, spammers and social engineering on xbl.

Those people are not the real problem, the real problem is a corporation having the power to render something you bought useless with just one clic. It opens many ways for corporations to abuse consumers and I'm much worried about big companies abusing people than people abusing big companies.
mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 mayceV

[QUOTE="mayceV"]it was updated. close this thread. Mercenary848

I always think its funny when someone goes into a thread looking to run shit :lol:

:lol: well I did it again. thought no body would see it. sorry to sound cocky didn't mean it :)
sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#232 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="MikeMoose"]

Prove that only "some" people have been banned and not "a lot". I need an exact number.

MikeMoose

I don't have to. You made the claim.

I've already explained to you my logic. Give me yours as to why only "some" people have been wrongfully banned and not a lot. I just added in that last "exact number" part to show you how childish of a thing that is to ask of someone.

You have to provide facts since you made the claim. If you don't have any, then your claim has no basis and you are pulling that crap out of your ass.
Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Mercenary848

[QUOTE="Mercenary848"]

[QUOTE="mayceV"]it was updated. close this thread. mayceV

:lol: well I did it again. thought no body would see it. sorry to sound cocky didn't mean it :)

Naaa its cool man, and you have a point. I dont think its funny because its cocky, I think its funny because there is o point. Logic does not translate well on these boards hahaha

Don-Mattrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Don-Mattrick
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="Don-Mattrick"]OH NO, people who pirated games they did not pay for or hacked for games they did not pay for DON'T GT THOSE GAMES!!! Why do people think thee guys deserve their games again?

You can get banned for other reasons. Piracy? It's pretty hard to pirate on a always-online-no-used-games system...

I see you have to work on your skills. You know the 360 was the one being discussed.
Don-Mattrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Don-Mattrick

Close this thread. Th article was upadted:

Well that was quick. According to @XboxSupport1 the original tweet was intended for the Xbox 360, not Xbox One. While this would not be the first time Xbox Support said something in error, it would also not be the first time they revealed something before it was ready. I personally hope this was a simple mistake, but that leaves a burning question in my mind. What about all the other tweets?

@Jeffrey_Jue There was some confusion here. That tweet was intended to refer to downloadable games on the Xbox 360 actually. ^AD

Xbox Support (@XboxSupport1) June 15, 2013

Don't jump to conclusions guys.

mayceV
As I said above, the 360.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Are lemmings really this braindead apologists? Really it seems all were subjected to lobotomies.kuraimen

Those people are not the real problem, the real problem is a corporation having the power to render something you bought useless with just one clic. It opens many ways for corporations to abuse consumers and I'm much worried about big companies abusing people than people abusing big companies.

so which do you think has the bigger odds of happening here.

that ms is out to get you or that you will run into a guy on line that is an abusive asshole that deserves to be reported for ruining peoples fun?

i have to put my concerns where the odds on  threat is not that some big company is going to randomly dislike me for no reason and boot me off the system that they are desperate for me to spend money on.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]yeah, i'm the asshole because i don't want cheaters, glytchers, abusive people, spammers and social engineering on xbl.

Riverwolf007

so which do you think has the bigger odds of happening here.

that ms is out to get you or that you will run into a guy on line that is an abusive asshole that deserves to be reported for ruining peoples fun?

i have to put my concerns where the odds on  threat is not that some big company is going to randomly dislike me for no reason and boot me off the system that they are desperate for me to spend money on.

Maybe there's more chance with an abusive guy maybe not but considering M$ history M$ doings will be far more damaging in the long run. There are several ways for people to deal with annoying and damaging individuals there are not many options with damaging gigantic corporations.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
Great news imo. Don't be human garbage and everything will be a-ok.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 KungfuKitten

Alright I was going to completely leave this alone but I wanted to offer a suggestion that is not about the discussion of TOU or anything like that.
So what if:
What if MS would make people pay a fee to the police (at least not to MS or it would be a conflict of interest) instead of taking away all purchases (If that was their plan)?
Someone says a bad word and gets reported, they have to pay $10 to the police.
That would be a real moneymaker and it would also mean people would not lose $500+ stuff they invested in.
And perhaps cheating would mean $50 + losing their game? I dunno I'm just making up numbers.

I still think that it would be a ridiculous system but it would maybe be less objectionable because it would be about more appropriate punishments that take into account a mistake.

Or maybe not the police or the government. But what if they had to pay that fine to the people in that match where they commited their 'crime'?
So someone says bitch during a match, and he then has to pay $10 (in MS points or whatever) that gets divided to all the players in the match.

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 AD216

[QUOTE="AD216"][QUOTE="Mercenary848"]

Mercenary848

True and I dont realy care because I dont play online enough to get banned or care. But you buy all these games and suddenly situations happen and you lose it all. Not to mention ok you got banned on the 360, and find out you will be completly castrated and have no remetion if you get an xbox one that will turn a lot of people away, which will only hurt ms.

in my years of online play on sony, nintendo and ms consoles i have only seen 1 person ever get banned. it's rare but they only ban u when u get caught cheating or with a modded console. this dude was bullet proof and flying around cod4. not to mention the fact that he was calling choppers as soon as the match started so hell yea he had to get banned. i support that 100%
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Riverwolf007

Alright I was going to completely leave this alone but I wanted to offer a suggestion that is not about the discussion of TOU or anything like that.
So what if:
What if MS would make people pay a fee to the police (at least not to MS or it would be a conflict of interest) instead of taking away all purchases (If that was their plan)?
That would be a real moneymaker and it would also mean people would not lose $500+ stuff they invested in.
And perhaps cheating would mean $50 + losing their game? I dunno I'm just making up numbers.

I still think that it would be a ridiculous system but it would maybe be less objectionable because it would be about more appropriate punishments that take into account a mistake.

KungfuKitten

as long as there is enforcement of the rules and punishment handed out for cheating i really don't care what it is as long as it is effective.

here, check this out maybe you will understand why i want these people to be held to standards and responsible for their actions.

http://www.1up.com/features/village-of-the-banned-xbox-live

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 KungfuKitten

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

So what if:

Riverwolf007

as long as there is enforcement of the rules and punishment handed out for cheating i really don't care what it is as long as it is effective.

here, check this out maybe you will understand why i want these people to be held to standards and responsible for their actions.

http://www.1up.com/features/village-of-the-banned-xbox-live

Yes I can totally relate to that. I mean I play BF3 BF2, I played CounterStrike, MOH:AA, Tribes and so forth and they all had cheaters. I kind of updated it. The suggestion may sound rather oppressive at first and I still think it goes too far, but if they had to pay to the other players in a match, maybe that could actually work really well.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#244 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I don't care what the reason is, taking away someones game library is just wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#245 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

[QUOTE="ScreamDream"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]good. if you're banned its probably for a reason. dont be an asshole. TheEroica

There are assholes in this world but you shouldn't lose your console and games if you are one.

If you are an asshole on their service and they're tired of it then yes, why not... If I buy a sports car for 50k and speed everywhere I go, I'll lose my license rendering my expensive car useless... Still gotta pay for it. I'm not willing to defend ms for stupid policies, but this isn't one. If you fun up for being a disk then cya! If I were ms I'd send them a letter thanking them for their money just to rub it in.

But you can sell your car after. You cant with the x1 games you bought...

Don-Mattrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Don-Mattrick

I don't care what the reason is, taking away someones game library is just wrong.

ReadingRainbow4
A game library they never paid for? It's wrong? I think your missing something sir.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#247 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

Don-Mattrick

A game library they never paid for? It's wrong? I think your missing something sir.

You are not only banned because of piracy. Dont be stupid

6_Shooter_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 6_Shooter_25
Member since 2013 • 219 Posts

Oh well.

Don't like it? Don't buy an Xbox One, and thus don't be forced into agreeing with the TOU. Problem solved.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

More proof you don't own shit on XB1, not even the console which can become a paperweight at their whim.

Novotine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Novotine
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
good. if you're banned its probably for a reason. dont be an asshole. mems_1224
lol