NBA 2012 Off-season Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
76ers amnesty Brand and sign Nick Young. (FYI No Hablo, he will be paid in full but if a team claims him off waivers what they pay him will be deducted from what the 76ers owe him)TheWalkingGhost
I know how it works. Also know no team will do such a thing.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#202 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Should any other team in the East even try anymore? I mean really?

SilentSoprano

It kinda seems now the Miami Heat are the sole juggernaut in the East. Sadly.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

Should any other team in the NBA even try anymore? I mean really?

SilentSoprano
Fixed.
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts

Magic are very close to trading Dwight Howard. Nets are out of the mix.

Thefatness16
only 2 teams come to mind....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]

Should any other team in the NBA even try anymore? I mean really?

Jagged3dge

Fixed.

Lakers, Thunder. Other than that I can't think of any other team to topple the Miami Sterns.

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

^ Yeah really. I had kinda come to terms with the Heat team as they were, realizing they still needed to work together as a team to win, despite having 3 superstars. But now they go and sign Ray Allen, making me wonder how anyone other than Heat fans can be happy about this...

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#207 wildcat2000
Member since 2006 • 4498 Posts

I am glad the Big 3 in Boston is broken...but its like the saying goes, be careful what you wish for...you might just get it.

I didnt want Ray Allen on the Heat but looking at the bright side he is the least cocky out of the bunch and since he swallowed his pride I guess its ok.

Can always use more 3 pointers.

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
Ray's relationship with Rondo apparently played into the decision.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Jagged3dge

^ Yeah really. I had kinda come to terms with the Heat team as they were, realizing they still needed to work together as a team to win, despite having 3 superstars. But now they go and sign Ray Allen, making me wonder how anyone other than Heat fans can be happy about this...

SilentSoprano
Seattle Sonics fans. If we get Lewis we can have a little reunion.
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#210 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Ray's relationship with Rondo apparently played into the decision. Spellingiscool

It's been known that Rondo has had a poor relationship with Boston's big three. Apparently, Kendrick Perkins was his only friend on the team. So I guess this isn't that surprising.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50559 Posts

Allen to Heat? **** ....

Conscrumptured

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Conscrumptured
Member since 2010 • 797 Posts

SilentSoprano
Ray Allen fans exclusively should be happy. Being a Celtics fan, as well, I'm conflicted; but the Heat are Allen's best opportunity to win another ring, so I'm happy for him. I also don't blame him over what went on this past season, being shopped and the drama that ensued. I still wish he were a Celtic, but I also wished he were a Sonic back when they were still a team. What can we do.
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#213 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

Magic are very close to trading Dwight Howard. Nets are out of the mix.

Thefatness16
If the Lakers get him that is two people LA picked up I hate. What could the Lakers possibly offer Orlando they would want? Bynum is all they could offer and he is going into the last year of his deal, so an extension would be needed. Also LA could offer zero draft picks and can't pick up Turkoglu or Richardson unless they unload others.
DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

Allen to Heat

This forum = :cry: the nba sux

lol

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 SilentSoprano

Allen to Heat

lol

DaJuicyMan

Are we non-Heat fans supposed to be overjoyed at the fact that the best team in the NBA acquired yet another talented player? Good for Ray Allen fans too I guess (like Conscrump said above), but it just seems like the easy way out to me for Ray.

deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 deuce4eva
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

Have they signed Joey Crawford yet?

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 TheWalkingGhost

[QUOTE="DaJuicyMan"]

Allen to Heat

lol

SilentSoprano

Are we non-Heat fans supposed to be overjoyed at the fact that the best team in the NBA acquired yet another talented player? Good for Ray Allen fans too I guess (like Conscrump said above), but it just seems like the easy way out to me for Ray.

Yes, you are supposed to praise King James.
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 SilentSoprano

[QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]

[QUOTE="DaJuicyMan"]

Allen to Heat

lol

TheWalkingGhost

Yes, you are supposed to praise King James.

I felt happy for him when he won the ring, but that's as far as it will go lol.

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 SilentSoprano

Man...now I feel obligated to get NBA 2K13 with all the roster changes there have been this offseason. It will feel weird playing with last season's rosters when a lot of teams have been changed.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 TheWalkingGhost

Man...now I feel obligated to get NBA 2K13 with all the roster changes there have been this offseason. It will feel weird playing with last season's rosters when a lot of teams have been changed.

SilentSoprano
I try to update the rosters manually, NBA 2K13 is way too far off.
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 SilentSoprano

[QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]

TheWalkingGhost

I don't mind waiting. I'll be too busy playing Madden anyways. Can you make rookies if you update manually?

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 TheWalkingGhost

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]

SilentSoprano

I don't mind waiting. I'll be too busy playing Madden anyways. Can you make rookies if you update manually?

Yes. Just download a draft class from 2K share. May need to do some trades to make it match.
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 SilentSoprano

[QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"] I try to update the rosters manually, NBA 2K13 is way too far off.TheWalkingGhost

Yes. Just download a draft class from 2K share. May need to do some trades to make it match.

Oh yeah, I didn't even think about that. Totally forgot they have custom files on there. Thanks!

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 TheWalkingGhost

SilentSoprano

Oh yeah, I didn't even think about that. Totally forgot they have custom files on there. Thanks!

NP. But you may need to add some less known ones and restart your association.
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 SilentSoprano

[QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]Yes. Just download a draft class from 2K share. May need to do some trades to make it match.TheWalkingGhost

It's all good. I don't play Association, just Exhibition games or Team Up.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 TheWalkingGhost

SilentSoprano

Association is all I use, I like building teams. But it gets old after a while and after every draft the games becomes useless.
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 SilentSoprano

[QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]NP. But you may need to add some less known ones and restart your association. TheWalkingGhost

Association is all I use, I like building teams. But it gets old after a while and after every draft the games becomes useless.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I always try to start a Season a couple times with each version, but I never follow through with it. Too much BS happens that results in my record taking a dump, or something like that.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Have they signed Joey Crawford yet?

deuce4eva

I thought hes still with the Heat?

I cant believe that clown Jim Buss would let go of that jewel.

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 SilentSoprano

I thought Joey is Tim Duncan's mentor?

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#231 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts

Honestly, if I were Ray Allen, I'd leave Boston, too. A lot of crap went on between him, Danny Ainge, Doc, & Rondo over the past year.

But really, THE HEAT???? There's leaving a team, but then there's leaving a team for a bitter RIVAL. he could have chosen ANY other team but the Heat... seriously. I always used to have the utmost respect for Jesus Shuttlesworth because of his demeanor, but I find it very, very hard to root for him after basically giving the finger to his friends/teammates and fans in the New England area.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 TheWalkingGhost

Honestly, if I were Ray Allen, I'd leave Boston, too. A lot of crap went on between him, Danny Ainge, Doc, & Rondo over the past year.

But really, THE HEAT???? There's leaving a team, but then there's leaving a team for a bitter RIVAL. he could have chosen ANY other team but the Heat... seriously. I always used to have the utmost respect for Jesus Shuttlesworth because of his demeanor, but I find it very, very hard to root for him after basically giving the finger to his friends/teammates and fans in the New England area.

GodofBigMacs
He wants another ring....Miami is a very logical choice. Would you rather him go to OKC?
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

GodofBigMacs

I'm pretty sure the only other team offering him a contract was Minnasota. Not really a place you want to spend your twilight years with.

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#234 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts
Ray Allen must have really hated some of his C's teammates to bolt for the Heat. And enough of the Howard rumors from these 'insiders'. Stop wasting your time believing any of it. These guys know nothing and make like they have info. Chris Broussard from ESPN tries to make like he's breaking a story and says his inside sources just told him Eric Gordon has signed with the Suns. The fact of the matter is that 20 minutes earlier Eric Gordon himself broke the news on his Twitter announcing the Suns deal. The ESPN insiders are laughable. Just be honest and say Gordon just announced his deal on his twitter... not you're 'inside sources' told you things to make like you seem important. He read Gordon's Twitter post and ran with it like it was inside scoop. What an idiot.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Jagged3dge
Wonder how long it will be before we see KG set an illegal screen on Allen. :lol:
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#236 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I've come to the realization that anyone who willingly signs with the Heat is going to be labeled as a traitor, no matter who they played for or who they are.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

I've come to the realization that anyone who willingly signs with the Heat is going to be labeled as a traitor, no matter who they played for or who they are.

yokofox33

You gotta admit though that the ways guys sign with the Heat leaves their old cities justifiably pissed off a little.

-LeBron's decision, obviously
-Chris Bosh sitting out his last few games with the Raptors when they were in the playoff hunt
-Ray Allen had a choice between the Celtics and the Celtics' biggest current rival, he picked the rival

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#238 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts

[QUOTE="GodofBigMacs"]

Thefatness16

I'm pretty sure the only other team offering him a contract was Minnasota. Not really a place you want to spend your twilight years with.

Well, MInnesota's squad is actually starting to look very competitive, lol. Anyway, it's Ray Allen. He could simply declare interest for any one team and that team would very likely come running to him. He may win a (second) ring, but he'll have sacrificed his soul.
Conscrumptured

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Conscrumptured
He may win a (second) ring, but he'll have sacrificed his soul. GodofBigMacs
:lol: If you say so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

yokofox33

Nah, I just think it is of what happened during the playoffs last season. The Celtics-Heat series was very dramatic, and same with the Clippers-Heat. From those 2 teams it hurts the most.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Jagged3dge

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

JML897

You gotta admit though that the ways guys sign with the Heat leaves their old cities justifiably pissed off a little.

-Chris Bosh sitting out his last few games with the Raptors when they were in the playoff hunt
-Ray Allen had a choice between the Celtics and the Celtics' biggest current rival, he picked the rival

A city would be pissed off about their superstar leaving regardless. These guys are free agents, they don't owe anybody anything. Allen said that the whole Miami presentation was excellent. Pat Riley did it again. :lol:
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Jagged3dge

tumblr_m6s8j89boZ1qha5dpo1_1280.jpg

aww yeah!

Conscrumptured

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Conscrumptured

[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Jagged3dge

A city would be pissed off about their superstar leaving regardless. These guys are free agents, they don't owe anybody anything. Allen said that the whole Miami presentation was excellent. Pat Riley did it again. :lol:

That, and who would honestly care to go through the same **** that went on in Boston this past season? Ainge was vocal about everyone except essentially Pierce being worth trading (then he came back at the end of the season and spoke so highly of bringing everyone back, after what happened already went on), and with Terry going to Boston, and Allen's participation level in question and nothing set in stone, I don't blame him at all for leaving. Yeah, he went to Miami, a rivalry rekindled these last few years, but I would be much more upset if he went to the Lakers than Miami, but that's probably because I personally feel no animosity towards Miami as I personally do against the Lakers, as a fan.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

That, and who would honestly care to go through the same **** that went on in Boston this past season? Ainge was vocal about everyone except essentially Pierce being worth trading

Conscrumptured

Who cares? With the exception of the really elite players everybody in the NBA deals with being put on the trading block. It would be stupid of Ainge to not look at any offers for an aging Ray Allen.

I mean Luol Deng's been on the trading block for almost his whole career but he always says that he knows the Bulls don't mean anything personal by it.

Conscrumptured

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Conscrumptured

[QUOTE="Conscrumptured"]

That, and who would honestly care to go through the same **** that went on in Boston this past season? Ainge was vocal about everyone except essentially Pierce being worth trading

JML897

Who cares? With the exception of the really elite players everybody in the NBA deals with being put on the trading block. It would be stupid of Ainge to not look at any offers for an aging Ray Allen.

I mean Luol Deng's been on the trading block for almost his whole career but he always says that he knows the Bulls don't mean anything personal by it.

That's my point. A player is expected to show loyalty to a general manager, or an organization, when that general manager and organization doesn't need to show the same loyalty? It's a double standard that's downright silly. It's the player's choice, and though it's hard to see him leave a team you root for, saying he sacrificed his soul because of it is stupid to me; Miami wanted him more, and Allen wants to compete for a championship on a team with a better shot. Not much more to it than that.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Jagged3dge

[QUOTE="Conscrumptured"]

JML897

Ray Allen was always a ring chaser (not in a bad connotation). He went all the way to Boston with KG and Pierce to increase his chances of winning a championship. He's always been determined to be a champ. You know..The guy that goes to the stadium and shoots hundreds of shots before the game. He seems like a friendly and respectable person, but let's not act like he's the kind of guy to sit on the bench as a third string for an alright team. He will go down competing. It shouldn't hurt his legacy that he went to the Heat and I'm sure it won't. Didn't hurt Pippen for leaving the Bulls to go give himself a better opportunity once MJ retired, nor Karl Malone to compete with the Lakers.
DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 DaJuicyMan

JaggedEdge speaks truth ^^

LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#248 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
How many teams should even play a game next season? I'd say around 25 should spend at least a year playing each other in a separate league. A team could move to the top 5 league if they somehow manage to steal a superstar from a team in the top 5 league or if a serious injury occurs to a top 5 team.
DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 DaJuicyMan
How many teams should even play a game next season? I'd say around 25 should spend at least a year playing each other in a separate league. A team could move to the top 5 league if they somehow manage to steal a superstar from a team in the top 5 league or if a serious injury occurs to a top 5 team.LTomlinson21
:cry:
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts
I guess every team but Miami can be active in free agency. Cool.