NBA 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#151 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
[QUOTE="white_sox"] ...right after he smacked Rose's whole right side. Actually, he could have been called twice for the foul on the same possession(the other one being at the top of the key), but I wouldn't expect anything else at TD Garden(still have nightmares about the 08-09 playoffs there.)No_Hablo_Ingles
That's called defense, the day D-Rose starts playing it, maybe you'll know what it looks like :P Celtics 2011 NBA champions :P

No it's a reach in foul. I'm sure your constantly confused on the rules of the game when watching the celtics play.
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="white_sox"] ...right after he smacked Rose's whole right side. Actually, he could have been called twice for the foul on the same possession(the other one being at the top of the key), but I wouldn't expect anything else at TD Garden(still have nightmares about the 08-09 playoffs there.)white_sox
That's called defense, the day D-Rose starts playing it, maybe you'll know what it looks like :P Celtics 2011 NBA champions :P

No it's a reach in foul. I'm sure your constantly confused on the rules of the game when watching the celtics play.

Hardly reaching in when he touched all ball. Maybe if D-Rose didn't turn it over so much the Refs might give him the benefit of the doubt, but unfortunately, since he currently ranks 3rd in Turnovers per game I doubt the Refs think he can actually hang onto the rock.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 white_sox
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] Hardly reaching in when he touched all ball. Maybe if D-Rose didn't turn it over so much the Refs might give him the benefit of the doubt, but unfortunately, since he currently ranks 3rd in Turnovers per game I doubt the Refs think he can actually hang onto the rock.

Rose had complete control of the ball til he got slashed in the midsection by Rondo. Watch the replay again; I'll even try to find you a replay of it. I also find it interesting you calling out experience as part of ref calls...something you think your entitled to at Boston? ;)
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] Hardly reaching in when he touched all ball. Maybe if D-Rose didn't turn it over so much the Refs might give him the benefit of the doubt, but unfortunately, since he currently ranks 3rd in Turnovers per game I doubt the Refs think he can actually hang onto the rock.white_sox
Rose had complete control of the ball til he got slashed in the midsection by Rondo. Watch the replay again; I'll even try to find you a replay of it. I also find it interesting you calling out experience as part of ref calls...something you think your entitled to at Boston? ;)

Obviously not since Noah ended up with the ball.

Experience does factor into part of the refs calls, to say otherwise is simply being naive.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 white_sox

[QUOTE="white_sox"]Rose had complete control of the ball til he got slashed in the midsection by Rondo. Watch the replay again; I'll even try to find you a replay of it. I also find it interesting you calling out experience as part of ref calls...something you think your entitled to at Boston? ;)No_Hablo_Ingles

Obviously not since Noah ended up with the ball.

Huh? The ball become loose when he was slashed by Rondo...I don't understand how Noah's having the ball determines if it was a foul or not. They are replaying the game on ESPN...be sure to watch it.

Experience does factor into part of the refs calls, to say otherwise is simply being naive.

No_Hablo_Ingles

It shouldn't...whether it does or not wasn't my point.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 No_Hablo_Ingles

Huh? The ball become loose when he was slashed by Rondo...I don't understand how Noah's having the ball determines if it was a foul or not. They are replaying the game on ESPN...be sure to watch it.white_sox
I saw it live, and it was a good no call. Rondo hit all ball with his hand. I can't find a video, post one if you can find it.
It shouldn't...whether it does or not wasn't my point.

white_sox

I completely agree. However, it does. Happens all the time, ask Kobe or Lebron.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 white_sox

I saw it live, and it was a good no call. Rondo hit all ball with his hand. I can't find a video, post one if you can find it.No_Hablo_Ingles

Nope, sure can't. Feel free to watch it again on the ESPN replay. I would too, but I already know how it plays out.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]

I saw it live, and it was a good no call. Rondo hit all ball with his hand. I can't find a video, post one if you can find it.white_sox

Nope, sure can't. Feel free to watch it again on the ESPN replay. I would too, but I already know how it plays out.

With the Celtics winning :P
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 white_sox
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] With the Celtics winning :P

:lol: you are raw man. We'll see how it plays out this season. Love the rivalry and intensity that the series has garnered since the playoffs two years ago.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="white_sox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] With the Celtics winning :P

:lol: you are raw man. We'll see how it plays out this season. Love the rivalry and intensity that the series has garnered since the playoffs two years ago.

I actually look forward to seeing these two teams play in the Post season. When Boozer stops tripping over gym bags, the Bulls top 3 team in east. Rondo vs Rose will be a fun matchup to see for years to come :D
wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#161 wildcat2000
Member since 2006 • 4498 Posts

Im not sure what play you guys are refering to as I kept flipping channels but its obvious the Celtics DO get alot of callsin their favor. As much as I like the Bulls and hate the Celtics the Bulls did some dumb things towards the end.

Not sure if it was a play drawn up by the coach (if it was shame on him, should of known better, he was the assit. coach for the Celtics all those years) but when the Bulls had the finalchance in regulation Rose should of taken the shot.

Didnt have to be 3. The game was tied. Worst case scenario they goto overtime...best case, they win with a buzzerbeater. Why did he wanna pass the ball? Once in overtime they still allowed Allen to get wide-open 3s. Thats one of the reasons they lost in that 7 game series. They don't gaurd the 3 point line good enough.

Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

Besides towards the end of game, the MAJORITY of the time, refs let the players play it out when in close-late game situations.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#163 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
Rose definitely didn't get fouled lol. Rondo cleanly deflected that ball
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="bobcheeseball"]Rose definitely didn't get fouled lol. Rondo cleanly deflected that ball

^ True Fact :D
M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#165 M_1_A_M_I
Member since 2010 • 938 Posts
Is GS for real? I haven't got to see them play all year but they're 4-1 right now and they held the Jazz to 78 pnts last night. Whats different? David Lee?
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 No_Hablo_Ingles
Is GS for real? I haven't got to see them play all year but they're 4-1 right now and they held the Jazz to 78 pnts last night. Whats different? David Lee?M_1_A_M_I
They got rid of the coach that told his players not to play defense...
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 bobcheeseball
Pacers just dominated the thuggets :shock:
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#168 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Furious comeback by the Jazz in Miami. I don't know the exact score, but the Heat were up by at least 8 with not much time left. A minute or so. The Jazz just tied it at the buzzer. Jazz were down 22 at one point. Credit to them.

Embarassing by Miami.

Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts
Millsap :O I dont even...CRAZY game going on right now, run to the tubes guys. Heat VS Jazz in OT
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 yokofox33

Millsap :O I dont even...CRAZY game going on right now, run to the tubes guys. Heat VS Jazz in OTFuhgeddabouditt

Yeah, Millsaps is having a SICK game.

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 mont13
Member since 2006 • 1468 Posts

Great win for Utah!

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 yokofox33

Missed free throws at the end, poor defense, and a lack of urgency did in Miami tonight. What an awful, awful loss.

Heat got ahead of themselves and were thinking about Boston on Thursday. Pathetic. Lots of credit to Utah who not only came back, but won in OT without Deron Williams. This loss stings for Miami. I'm going to bed an unhappy camper.

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 wildcat2000

I'm rooting for the Heat but I don't mind the Jazz winning. Deron Williams is cool and theyre a good team when they really try. Still though, once again the refs making stupid calls. I don't mean at the end, I mean through out the game calling nit-pick fouls against Miami.

The Heat should have never lost to the Hornets. Thats the game that really hurt. Should of been a blowout. Oh well as long as they beat the Celtics. That means much more to me.

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 mont13

Pacers just dominated the thuggets :shock:bobcheeseball

Pacers go 20 for 21 in the 3rd quarter for 54 points, wow !

Bloodaxe726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Bloodaxe726
Member since 2007 • 7903 Posts

I'm rooting for the Heat but I don't mind the Jazz winning. Deron Williams is cool and theyre a good team when they really try. Still though, once again the refs making stupid calls. I don't mean at the end, I mean through out the game calling nit-pick fouls against Miami.

The Heat should have never lost to the Hornets. Thats the game that really hurt. Should of been a blowout. Oh well as long as they beat the Celtics. That means much more to me.

wildcat2000

That's quite amusing there, even if the refs were calling nit-pick fouls against Miami they were doing it much worse to the Jazz.

LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#176 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
I saw the OT of the Heat-Jazz game and it was good. D-Wade and Millsap were great. I found it funny the Heat couldn't win in OT when the Jazz didn't have Williams or Jefferson.
wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 wildcat2000

[QUOTE="wildcat2000"]

Bloodaxe726

That's quite amusing there, even if the refs were calling nit-pick fouls against Miami they were doing it much worse to the Jazz.

Ya I guess. Like I said I don't mind the Jazz winning. I just hate the refs. Generally speaking, not just in this game. They always call the game however they want. Remeber the foul on Durant against the Jazz that they """missed""" even though it happend right if front of them?

That extra human element in basketball is too big of a factor. I know we cant have robots be the refs but I hope one it gets cleaned up...if not completely fixed, one day.

Bloodaxe726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Bloodaxe726
Member since 2007 • 7903 Posts

[QUOTE="Bloodaxe726"]

[QUOTE="wildcat2000"]

wildcat2000

Ya I guess. Like I said I don't mind the Jazz winning. I just hate the refs. Generally speaking, not just in this game. They always call the game however they want. Remeber the foul on Durant against the Jazz that they """missed""" even though it happend right if front of them?

That extra human element in basketball is too big of a factor. I know we cant have robots be the refs but I hope one it gets cleaned up...if not completely fixed, one day.

As someone who's had to watch the refs lose games for my team more than a few times, I fully agree with you.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Can a team have too many good players? http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/can_an_nba_team_have_too_many_good_players/3576909
hkhatir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 hkhatir
Member since 2009 • 590 Posts

Can a team have too many good players? http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/can_an_nba_team_have_too_many_good_players/3576909X360PS3AMD05

No, But Lebron and Wade are both ball dominant guards. While the Lakers have more good players than the Heat, they have guys on their team

that dont need shots. Odom, Artest.

And Millsap has made 2 3-pointers in his career, he made 3 in the span of like 28 seconds. 2 of them contetsted by Haslem.

This game though a great win by Utah was an anomoly. Also why the hell is Eddie House the one who's taking their last second shots.

This team doesn't play with any flow against decent defensive teams.

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 wildcat2000

This game though a great win by Utah was an anomoly. Also why the hell is Eddie House the one who's taking their last second shots.hkhatir

Hehe, ya I noticed they gave to ball to Eddie House again but this time I think they just did it for the sake of it because they couldn't in-bound to the other 3 plus there was only 0.4 secs which is pretty pointless anyway (yes I know Fisher onces made one against the Spurs with .4)

Actually it was the Hornets game that was the anomoly. Aside from Chris Paul the Hornets suck (no offense Hornets fans its just true). Yes I know theyre one of the last undefeated teams since the season started...but come on, it's been less than a month. Thats not very many games played.

That game there was plenty of time for Wade/James/Bosh to take the last shot (think there was 7 seconds left). Still boggles my mind they gave the ball to House in that game.

I'm not really surprised the Jazz won. They're a good team, despite loosing Boozer and Korver (which has definitly shown since the season started). Plus Jerry Sloan is a good coach.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 bobcheeseball
Needs more talk about how Indiana dropped 54 points in the 3rd quarter!!
mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 mont13

Needs more talk about how Indiana dropped 54 points in the 3rd quarter!!bobcheeseball

Great shooting display, good balanced scoring, nice win for them.

Do you think McRoberts should have taken that last shot in the 3rd, a 3 pointer, with less than a second to go, a huge lead and a perfect shooting record at hand?

Paco8byu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#184 Paco8byu
Member since 2010 • 522 Posts
The jazz comeback was one of the best games i have ever watched live!! millsap was amazing
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 bobcheeseball

[QUOTE="bobcheeseball"]Needs more talk about how Indiana dropped 54 points in the 3rd quarter!!mont13

Great shooting display, good balanced scoring, nice win for them.

Do you think McRoberts should have taken that last shot in the 3rd, a 3 pointer, with less than a second to go, a huge lead and a perfect shooting record at hand?

Heck no! But I guess I can't blame him if he didn't know....:P
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 No_Hablo_Ingles
It's almost official, the Heat can't beat teams with Elite Point Guards. Their only 3 loses comes to the Celtics (Rondo), Hornets (CP3), and Jazz (D.Will). Those are the 3 top PGs in the NBA.
sergemyster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 sergemyster8
Member since 2006 • 1749 Posts

Hope Lakers go 9-0 today and Celtics at Heat is gonna be a really good game. I dunno what to watch celtics/heat or ravens/falcons.

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 mont13

Hope the Celtics send Miami a message,...that the first win wasn't a fluke! So far, so good.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 yokofox33

Hope the Celtics send Miami a message,...that the first win wasn't a fluke! So far, so good.

mont13

Celtics are better. Miami has no bigs. Garnett and Shaq are just toying with them for rebounds and put backs. Total lack of effort for Miami right now.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 yokofox33

Oh my, Rondo.

I'm calling the game already.

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 mont13

Here come the heat

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 mont13

Never mind

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 bobcheeseball
Ray Allen you are truly a beast. :) The Big 3 and Rondo are all playing well thus far. If this keeps up I don't think victory is an option for Miami
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 yokofox33

Wow. This is embarassing. The Heat just look lazy down low.

I always thought the Celtics were the better team over the Heat, but in a hard-fought down-to-the wire kind of way. Not in a "we're gonna beat the tar out of you and blow you out at home" kind of way.

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 mont13

Allen may catch Reggie tonight! I look for Miami to make it interesting down the stretch though...if they have any kind of pride in themselves.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Heat gonna get crowned already? :lol:
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 yokofox33

Lebron shoots an airball from 3, and then hits the side of the backboard from the baseline.

Yuck.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 yokofox33

Heat gonna get crowned already? :lol:X360PS3AMD05

I think most fans realize Boston is the class of the East.

The media likes to hype the Big Three. It's really ridiculous.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 yokofox33

Is Lebron serious? His team just got manhandled at home by a huge rival, his team is walking away dejectedly to the locker room, and Lebron stays behind to decide what "lucky" fan gets his headband. There are so many things wrong with that picture.

wtf

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#200 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

Lebron shoots an airball from 3, and then hits the side of the backboard from the baseline.

Yuck.

yokofox33
I loled Lebrick rightfully earning his nickname