NBA 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts

[QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]Last year, Lebron outstripped Kobe in literally every statistic, offensive and defensive, including advanced metric. It's actually closer between Lebron and Wade, but Lebron has is edge in most areas. Overall, Lebron played better than either player in the playoffs last year, save the game 5 in Boston I guess you could say he lacks a "killer instinct", but I'd still take him over anybody in the league. The man has had 2 historically great seasons in a row, ranking up there with the best years that Jordan had, but he gets no credit because people are mad he switched teamsandyboiii
Lebron outstripped Kobe in every statistic because the offense ran through Lebron and he had the ball in his hands most of the game. He doesn't have to play in a triangle offense like Kobe. Also Kobe during 2008 wasn't worried about winning regular MVP or scoring 40+ points a night because he no longer had to. Remember when he averaged 35 points per game when Shaq left because he was the only offensive threat the Lakers had? he could have easily did that the last 3 years but once he got some players that weren't named Smush and Kwame than he started trusting his teammates more and didn't have to carry the entire load. That's why I think lebrons statistics don't mean much to me because I know Kobe can do just the same and he possesses the killer instinct that Jordan had. I'm not saying He's Jordan but Kobe is definitely the closest player to come near him and Lebron still has a long ways to go. He needs to make a name for himself in the playoffs if he wants to enter into the conversation. Now he has 2 all stars by his side and has a good team to work with so no more excuses, time to put up or shut up for Lebron

Yeah I agree with you there. It's diffcult to compare them objectively since, like you said, they played such different roles for their teams.

As far as winning championships with the Heat, I wouldn't hold it against him for joining Wade. I don't see how it's any different than the Kobe/Shaq or Jordan/Pippen teams really.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

Yeah I agree with you there. It's diffcult to compare them objectively since, like you said, they played such different roles for their teams.

As far as winning championships with the Heat, I wouldn't hold it against him for joining Wade. I don't see how it's any different than the Kobe/Shaq or Jordan/Pippen teams really.

TaCoDuDe

I don't hold it against Lebron for not winning a championship in Cleveland because Kobe nor did Jordan did it when they had bad teams. That's why I'm saying with the team he has now though he has all the tools neccessary to win that ring and if he doesn't then it's not going to look good for him. We just have to wait until the playoffs so we can see if he's actually ready to rise up to the challenge and step up as "the man"

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
lol @ adcanced metric systems. I ****ing hate those stats. Stupid ass John Hollinger BS. Watch the games.
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts

lol @ adcanced metric systems. I ****ing hate those stats. Stupid ass John Hollinger BS. Watch the games.-Halftime-

Any particular reason why you don't like them?

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 -Halftime-

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]lol @ adcanced metric systems. I ****ing hate those stats. Stupid ass John Hollinger BS. Watch the games.TaCoDuDe

It's all mumbo jumbo. It gives people an easy way out instead of watching the games. 2 years ago after fifty games John Hollinger's "Advanced metric" power rankings had the Milwaukee Bucks as the best team in the league. Retarded. He tried to justify it by talking about "point differential". What a moron. I watch the games to make my opinions on what players are better. I don't rely on a stupid formula.
hkhatir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 hkhatir
Member since 2009 • 590 Posts

[QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]lol @ adcanced metric systems. I ****ing hate those stats. Stupid ass John Hollinger BS. Watch the games.-Halftime-

It's all mumbo jumbo. It gives people an easy way out instead of watching the games. 2 years ago after fifty games John Hollinger's "Advanced metric" power rankings had the Milwaukee Bucks as the best team in the league. Retarded. He tried to justify it by talking about "point differential". What a moron. I watch the games to make my opinions on what players are better. I don't rely on a stupid formula.

Im also not a big fan of Hollinger's metrics. I watch a lot of basketball and can come to an informed decidion on who I think the best team is.

It's kind of like fantasy sports. Players that aren't really that great put up huge stats fantasy wise while players that are better may not.

As a Mavericks fan, watching what LA has done so far this year they are clearly the best team. They won a championship and got significantly better.

When Bynum comes back, they might be unbeatable. Very impressed with Gasol, and especially Odom so far this year.

Shannon Brown looks to have improved his 3 point shot a ton, and I love Barne's D. With Artest and Barnes guarding the other teams best scorer

Kobe is going to be fresh all season long.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
C'mon Pacers! If we beat Philly today we'll be 2-1 on the road and 3-1 overall 8) I'm enjoying these days of having a winning record while they last..
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
Rondo breaks the record for most assist thru the first 5 games today.
Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

You hear about KG called Charlie Villanoava(?lol) a "cancer patient" according to Charlie's Twitter.

KG says he meant he was cancerous to his team.

Wow. Just wow.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 No_Hablo_Ingles

You hear about KG called Charlie Villanoava(?lol) a "cancer patient" according to Charlie's Twitter.

Wow. Just wow.

Major_Snake

The Pistons suck, so no one cares.

and KG has a point

Which one has Cancer?

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#111 wildcat2000
Member since 2006 • 4498 Posts

Wow. Just wow.

Major_Snake

Im not really surprised. Ive always known and felt the Celtics were just a bunch cocky jerks (for lack of better words).

Even if he did mean he "was cancerous to his team". Thats just as bad. Thats saying Charlie is so bad a player he is like cancer to his team. Using cancer as any type of insult just wrong.

Im glad KG is getting bad press. People need to see that the Celtics are just bunch of bullies who's ego's sky-rocketed from winning 1 championship. If I could Id put them all on the injury list.

Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

[QUOTE="Major_Snake"]

Wow. Just wow.

No_Hablo_Ingles

and KG has a point

Who cares what team he is on? Let's pretend you have cancer, and some guy comes to you and says "LOLOLOL You have cancer."

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]

[QUOTE="Major_Snake"]

Wow. Just wow.

Major_Snake

and KG has a point

Who cares what team he is on? Let's pretend you have cancer, and some guy comes to you and says "LOLOLOL You have cancer."

I don't do hypotheticals... Anyway, he does look like have he has cancer... whether KG should have said that is another topic.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 -Halftime-
SOrt of like when KG came up to Tim Duncan on Mother's day and greeted him with "Happy Mothers day, Motherfreaker" knowing full well that Tim's mom died of cancer. Dude is a scumbag and deserved all the pain he got from that knee injury
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 andyboiii

and KG has a point

Which one has Cancer?

No_Hablo_Ingles

KG just called someone a cancer patient and you agree he has a point?

doesn't matter if the Pistons suck. Calling someone a Cancer patient is crossing the line. KG is a douche and always has been, talking trash is one thing but this is beyond that. The fact that you're making fun of it too shows your immaturity too

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

The Magic throttled the Twolves by 42 points tonight. Sort of makes me glad that their game with Knicks was postponed yesterday. :P

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]

and KG has a point

Which one has Cancer?

andyboiii

KG just called someone a cancer patient and you agree he has a point?

doesn't matter if the Pistons suck. Calling someone a Cancer patient is crossing the line. KG is a douche and always has been, talking trash is one thing but this is beyond that. The fact that you're making fun of it too shows your immaturity too

Are you saying that he doesn't look like a Cancer patient or that KG was wrong for saying that?
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 andyboiii
Are you saying that he doesn't look like a Cancer patient or that KG was wrong for saying that?No_Hablo_Ingles
not only was he wrong for saying that but he shouldn't say anyone is or looks like a cancer patient. that's not funny at all to me
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 andyboiii
Lakers still undefeated Kobe with 30 points 12 assists and 10 rebounds
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Are you saying that he doesn't look like a Cancer patient or that KG was wrong for saying that?andyboiii
not only was he wrong for saying that but he shouldn't say anyone is or looks like a cancer patient. that's not funny at all to me

It's not funny at all, however, it is true. I would feel differently if he told him "I hope you die of cancer" or "I hope you get cancer" but saying he looks like he has cancer is tame, and when you see him true.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Takes me back to a guy in junior high who used to call people cancer patients all the time.....
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 SaintBlaze

The Knicks shot lights out tonight against the Bulls. Great win, even with Amar'e having possibly his worst game in years.

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 mont13
Member since 2006 • 1468 Posts

"BTW, our Pacers got stomped! "

"....and yeah, I live in Indiana and word was getting around that they could actually be good this year, but with last night....oh boy"

Hope you guys don't mind, thought I'd move this to the proper thread.

But, yeah, I live in IN (Indianapolis). I have a glimmer of hope for a better team also. At least I "think" they're moving in the right direction with Collison and Hibbert seems really motivated.

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 mont13

Wow, nice 2-hand slam by D. Rose!

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 bobcheeseball

"BTW, our Pacers got stomped! "

"....and yeah, I live in Indiana and word was getting around that they could actually be good this year, but with last night....oh boy"

Hope you guys don't mind, thought I'd move this to the proper thread.

But, yeah, I live in IN (Indianapolis). I have a glimmer of hope for a better team also. At least I "think" they're moving in the right direction with Collison and Hibbert seems really motivated.

mont13

I agree. Hibbert is showing huge improvement, I love his shot blocking and passing. With Collison I love this dude, and we have a bright future at the PG spot. If we play motivated inspired basketball and Danny Granger is playing like Danny Granger, I think we could be a tough team

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 mont13

I agree. Hibbert is showing huge improvement, I love his shot blocking and passing. With Collison I love this dude, and we have a bright future at the PG spot. If we play motivated inspired basketball and Danny Granger is playing like Danny Granger, I think we could be a tough team

Nice recovery from all the knuckleheads of years past, time to get something going in Naptown! .....Maybe I could get off Kobe's jock then :D

sergemyster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 sergemyster8
Member since 2006 • 1749 Posts

This Thunder vs Trailblazers game is in OT right now.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 SaintBlaze

What a shot by Armon Johnson. :o

Too bad it wasn't worth 4 points.

sergemyster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 sergemyster8
Member since 2006 • 1749 Posts

Thunder Won, was a good game.

M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 M_1_A_M_I
Member since 2010 • 938 Posts

[QUOTE="Major_Snake"]

Wow. Just wow.

wildcat2000

Im not really surprised. Ive always known and felt the Celtics were just a bunch cocky jerks (for lack of better words).

Even if he did mean he "was cancerous to his team". Thats just as bad. Thats saying Charlie is so bad a player he is like cancer to his team. Using cancer as any type of insult just wrong.

Im glad KG is getting bad press. People need to see that the Celtics are just bunch of bullies who's ego's sky-rocketed from winning 1 championship. If I could Id put them all on the injury list.

Lol "people need to see that the Celtics are just a bunch of bullies", I cracked up when I read this. Anyway I doesn't matter what you or the public view them as and I don't think they care if people think of them as "bad guys", personally I like our image as "bad guys".

EDIT: Also I love how your acting like the Celtics achievement of winning a championship is nothing special.

M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 M_1_A_M_I
Member since 2010 • 938 Posts
Also I should add big V is weak for ratting out the KG.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 andyboiii

Hornets are for real

they're about to improve to 6-0 if they keep this lead over the Heat

CP3 is just toying with this Heat team right now and he just broke jones ankle lmao

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 No_Hablo_Ingles
Also I should add big V is weak for ratting out the KG.M_1_A_M_I
^True Fact.
mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 mont13

Heat lose, Boston and Chicago down to the wire.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#135 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Great game even though the Heat lost. Very entertaining. Good job by the Hornets.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 No_Hablo_Ingles
Celtics vs Bulls is the NBA's gift to us fans. Playoff caliber game in November baby :P
mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 mont13

Great game! Bull's had em, too many mis-cues, and Celtics experience/defense did it.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 No_Hablo_Ingles
Rondo beat Rose this game.
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 bobcheeseball
Rondo beat Rose this game.No_Hablo_Ingles
No doubt :) Pacers lost :( But great wins for Boston and New Orleans, who look to be surprising us all this year
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Rondo beat Rose this game.bobcheeseball
No doubt :) Pacers lost :( But great wins for Boston and New Orleans, who look to be surprising us all this year

Chris Paul makes a big difference doesn't he :D
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 SaintBlaze

Thunderous jam by Wilson Chandler tonight. Had the whole Garden rocking after this one.

And wow @ the Hornets. Awesome win for them.

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 wildcat2000

The Hornets can go ahead and get all excited for now but we all know that team is going nowhere, especially if Chris Paul leaves.

What surprised me is that they gave the ball to Eddie House for the final shot to try sending it to over-time. He's a good 3-point shooter but he's been off, obviously, since the season started but thats besides the point here.

Why, in that situation, would you give the ball to another player when you have your pick of Wade, James or Bosh? Bosh had just hit a 3 too.

It may have been a spit second thing once the ball was in-bounds but if that was in fact the play that Erik Spoelstra drew up that was a huge lapse in judgement. Sorry Erik.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 SaintBlaze

The Hornets can go ahead and get all excited for now but we all know that team is going nowhere, especially if Chris Paul leaves.

What surprised me is that they gave the ball to Eddie House for the final shot to try sending it to over-time. He's a good 3-point shooter but he's been off, obviously, since the season started but thats besides the point here.

Why, in that situation, would you give the ball to another player when you have your pick of Wade, James or Bosh? Bosh had just hit a 3 too.

It may have been a spit second thing once the ball was in-bounds but if that was in fact the play that Erik Spoelstra drew up that was a huge lapse in judgement. Sorry Erik.

wildcat2000

Eddie House was open.

And I don't think it was even a drawn up play. Wade passed on the shot at the last second, it seems.

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 wildcat2000

[QUOTE="wildcat2000"]

SaintBlaze

Eddie House was open.

And I don't think it was even a drawn up play. Wade passed on the shot at the last second, it seems.

Well like I said it may have been a split second decision once the clock re-started. Either way someone made a big mistake there.

If your Wade/James/Bosh in that kinda situation, you take the shot....TAKE THE SHOT! Even if they missed at least you went down knowing you had 1 of your 3 best players doing it. Your supposed to give yourself the best chance.

Yes I know Eddie was open but with this team you just don't do something like that. Not when you have a Big 3 errr...Super 3 like this.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 SaintBlaze

[QUOTE="SaintBlaze"]

[QUOTE="wildcat2000"]

wildcat2000

Eddie House was open.

Well like I said it may have been a split second decision once the clock re-started. Either way someone made a big mistake there.

If your Wade/James/Bosh in that kinda situation, you take the shot....TAKE THE SHOT! Even if they missed at least you went down knowing you had 1 of your 3 best players doing it. Your supposed to give yourself the best chance.

Yes I know Eddie was open but with this team you just don't do something like that. Not when you have a Big 3 errr...Super 3 like this.

Eh, it's early in the season, so I'll cut them some slack. If this was a playoff situation, then maybe i'd see things your way. There's still plenty of games left for them to play.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 andyboiii

wildcat2000

Kobe did the same thing when he passed to Blake for the go ahead basket in the final seconds of the game. You have to trust your role players to hit those kind of shots, and i'll take eddie house shooting it over wade and Lebron behind the arc any day. MJ used to pass to Kerr for go ahead 3 point baskets as well in the final seconds of games

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#147 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
Rondo beat Rose this game.No_Hablo_Ingles
No, they were able to contain Rose because KG(former Defensive player of the year) doubled him every time. Taj was able to torch him because of it. That was a reach-in foul at the end of the game too, should of been called on Rondo.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Rondo beat Rose this game.white_sox
No, they were able to contain Rose because KG(former Defensive player of the year) doubled him every time. Taj was able to torch him because of it. That was a reach-in foul at the end of the game too, should of been called on Rondo.

Yeah... no. Rondo (who had 4 steals :) ) hit the ball, and Rose is known to turn the ball over (6 today). No need to be bitter. When Rose goes 8-19, you guys are bound to lose :P
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#149 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
[QUOTE="white_sox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Rondo beat Rose this game.No_Hablo_Ingles

Yeah... no. Rondo (who had 4 steals :) ) hit the ball,

...right after he smacked Rose's whole right side. Actually, he could have been called twice for the foul on the same possession(the other one being at the top of the key), but I wouldn't expect anything else at TD Garden(still have nightmares about the 08-09 playoffs there.)
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 No_Hablo_Ingles
...right after he smacked Rose's whole right side. Actually, he could have been called twice for the foul on the same possession(the other one being at the top of the key), but I wouldn't expect anything else at TD Garden(still have nightmares about the 08-09 playoffs there.)white_sox
That's called defense, the day D-Rose starts playing it, maybe you'll know what it looks like :P Celtics 2011 NBA champions :P