2013 NHL Season Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts
pRick Nash not getting a hearing is a joke. Forget about a suspension, where's the hearing? Clearly bias towards the star players. 
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#252 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

pRick Nash not getting a hearing is a joke. Forget about a suspension, where's the hearing? Clearly bias towards the star players. JohnBean42

Agreed.

and Lupul gets 2 games for this.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 Namgis

And Edler gets 2 games for charging. Shanny needs to get his head out his arse. I don't mind the suspension, just the randomness of punishment across the board. Nash leaves his feet and uses his forearm to strike at the head, and he sees nothing.

LauraPortinari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 LauraPortinari
Member since 2013 • 67 Posts
Lets go Sharks!
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#255 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts
If Matt Calvert did what Rick Nash did, we would've been slapped with 2 games
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 Los9090
Flyers announce Daniel Briere out indefinitely with a concussion he got in practice
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 JohnBean42

Jon Cooper will be named coach of the Lightning tomorrow morning. Was coach of their AHL team, and had an excellent year last year...team got 113 points I believe.

I wonder is he's a second choice though...he's in their system, they don't have to interview really cause they know him....if they wanted him, couldn't they just have named him interim when Boucher was fired? Just odd they had no replacement right away, especially if they wanted Cooper all along.

Makes me wonder if Ruff turned it down or something.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
pens make yet another move, getting Iglina. This team is ridiculous right now!
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#260 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

pens make yet another move, getting Iglina. This team is ridiculous right now! starwarsjunky
They still didn't even trade current players just prospects and draft picks.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 starwarsjunky

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]pens make yet another move, getting Iglina. This team is ridiculous right now! Nintendo_Ownes7

They still didn't even trade current players just prospects and draft picks.

exactly. this team better end up with a cup at the end of the year...
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I'm really hoping for a Blackhawks/Penguins finals, it would be a ton of fun to watch
gunslinger024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#263 gunslinger024
Member since 2012 • 252 Posts

What do y'all think of Iggy going to Pittsburgh? I think him and Crosby are going to be last years Stamkos and St.Louis.

gunslinger024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#264 gunslinger024
Member since 2012 • 252 Posts

What do y'all think of Iggy going to Pittsburgh? I think him and Crosby are going to be last years Stamkos and St.Louis.

gunslinger024
A very dangerous combo
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 Los9090
[QUOTE="gunslinger024"]

gunslinger024
A very dangerous combo

If everyone can mesh.
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="gunslinger024"][QUOTE="gunslinger024"]

Los9090

A very dangerous combo

If everyone can mesh.

Iggy and Crosby were on the same line in the 2010 Olympics. If their isn't any chemestry between any lines the Penguins didn't really lose any players in all the trades they only traded prospects and draft picks.

The one thing that is worrying is that the 1st Line is doing so great that we don't really want it to be messed with but they could still try it and if it doesn't work they can bring that line back.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 Namgis

The one thing that is worrying is that the 1st Line is doing so great that we don't really want it to be messed with but they could still try it and if it doesn't work they can bring that line back.

Nintendo_Ownes7

That's why they would be morons to change things up until their 1st line begins to sputter, if ever. Never F* with a winning streak. Iggy can play with Malkin on the second line. Could even put him on the 3rd and 4th lines to add that extra punch. He knows he has to mesh and is willing to play any role they want of him. He'll sacrifice just about anything at this point to get another shot at the Cup.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

15 in a row for the Pens. The (Iginla-Malkin-Neal) line looked pretty good. 

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 starwarsjunky

Nike_Air
i just know we're gonna get 16, then lose. :| my hope is that the streak ends at 17(providing we get there). Lemieux's team and Crosby's team sharing the record would be incredible!
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#270 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I wish the Panthers would stop winning. I need them to get that first pick and continue to stockpile young, elite talent.

I'm salivating thinking about what Huberdeau, Shore, Matthias, Mueller, Markstromm, Gundbranson, Bjugstad, and others will accomplish in a few years.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

starwarsjunky

i just know we're gonna get 16, then lose. :| my hope is that the streak ends at 17(providing we get there). Lemieux's team and Crosby's team sharing the record would be incredible!

It would be cool if they share the record 20 years apart.

But the Pens created another record Yesterday they are the only team to win every game in a single month; This season was really hard to win every game in a single month because since it is shorter they have to fit more games into a single month.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#272 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
 Lulz
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"] Lulz

nice :lol:
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 starwarsjunky

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

It would be cool if they share the record 20 years apart.

But the Pens created another record Yesterday they are the only team to win every game in a single month; This season was really hard to win every game in a single month because since it is shorter they have to fit more games into a single month.

didn't realize no one did that before. crazy! the closer they get, the more scared i get(especially with the injuries/line changes). i can't take this much more...just play the damn games already!!
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#275 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
Crosby out indefinitely. Some Bruins fans feel this as it is karma for the trade.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 starwarsjunky
Crosby out indefinitely. Some Bruins fans feel this as it is karma for the trade. Swanogt19
lol how is that karma? they offered him/Cal a deal and they/he took it over the Bruins. nothing low or dirty....because the Pens are good, they aren't allowed to seek out potential trades? :?
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Nintendo_Ownes7

Crosby out indefinitely. Some Bruins fans feel this as it is karma for the trade. Swanogt19
Some fans want Pittsburgh to burn the blue jersey's because everytime the Pens wear them a player gets hurt.

Also it isn't karma Iginla had a no trade clause and he got to pick which team he went to and he chose Pittsburgh.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 starwarsjunky

[QUOTE="Swanogt19"]Crosby out indefinitely. Some Bruins fans feel this as it is karma for the trade. Nintendo_Ownes7

Some fans want Pittsburgh to burn the blue jersey's because everytime the Pens wear them a player gets hurt.

Also it isn't karma Iginla had a no trade clause and he got to pick which team he went to and he chose Pittsburgh.

i'm honestly not a big fan of the blue jerseys to begin with. I really wouldn't mind getting rid of them.
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Swanogt19
[QUOTE="Swanogt19"]Crosby out indefinitely. Some Bruins fans feel this as it is karma for the trade. starwarsjunky
lol how is that karma? they offered him/Cal a deal and they/he took it over the Bruins. nothing low or dirty....because the Pens are good, they aren't allowed to seek out potential trades? :?

Iggy listed Boston as one of the teams he wanted to go to. The GM of the Flames told Boston's GM they had won the sweepstrakes for him. Hince why Iggy did not play and two Boston players as well. Yet the deal didn't happen because Iggy said he wanted to go to Pittsburgh.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="Swanogt19"]Crosby out indefinitely. Some Bruins fans feel this as it is karma for the trade. Swanogt19

Iggy listed Boston as one of the teams he wanted to go to. The GM of the Flames told Boston's GM they had won the sweepstrakes for him. Hince why Iggy did not play and two Boston players as well. Yet the deal didn't happen because Iggy said he wanted to go to Pittsburgh.

that's on Calgary's GM then...From what I heard, Shero told them to keep him informed on the status since he was interested. and he threw out some late offers, apparently. and got him.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 Los9090

[QUOTE="Swanogt19"]Crosby out indefinitely. Some Bruins fans feel this as it is karma for the trade. Nintendo_Ownes7

Yeah, that's rough. Getting your jaw blasted like that. Probably will be out a month
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 Namgis

that's on Calgary's GM then...From what I heard, Shero told them to keep him informed on the status since he was interested. and he threw out some late offers, apparently. and got him.starwarsjunky

It's on Feaster for jumping the gun and telling Boston it was done. Feaster shouldn't have told Iggy that Pitt was an option. They would have got a better deal sending him to Bos. Just send him there. It was one of his teams, done. Instead, he gave him the choice. Who wouldn't want to go to the hottest team in the world with the best player? Feaster should have dealt him years ago. Not going to be there(CGY) next year.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 starwarsjunky

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]that's on Calgary's GM then...From what I heard, Shero told them to keep him informed on the status since he was interested. and he threw out some late offers, apparently. and got him.Namgis

It's on Feaster for jumping the gun and telling Boston it was done. Feaster shouldn't have told Iggy that Pitt was an option. They would have got a better deal sending him to Bos. Just send him there. It was one of his teams, done. Instead, he gave him the choice. Who wouldn't want to go to the hottest team in the world with the best player? Feaster should have dealt him years ago. Not going to be there(CGY) next year.

most likely, all the trade options went through his agent as well. "not telling him" wasn't an option, i'm sure. not to mention that it would give a bad sign to current players, or those signing in the future. besides, he took less money to get that no trade clause to ensure he got his choice if a situation like this were to come up.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 Los9090
Robyn Regher to the LA Kings...Jay Bouwmeester to St. Louis
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 Swanogt19
Pens streak in doom. Bergy is injured. :(
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 JohnBean42

Leafs have 2 options tomorrow: trading for a Dman like Robidas or Yandle. Or standing pat. No Leaf fan should want Kipper OR Luongo.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#287 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Nick Bjugstad will make his NHL debut for the Panthers on Saturday. The future is bright for the Panthers.

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 Los9090
Pens streak in doom. Bergy is injured. :(Swanogt19
I was surprised to see that people think the Penguins can live without Crosby. Yeah the team is stacked, but Crosby makes that machine go.
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 Namgis

I was surprised to see that people think the Penguins can live without Crosby. Yeah the team is stacked, but Crosby makes that machine go.Los9090

I think they can live without him. They wont win a cup, but they can still be very competitive. When Crosby was out 1/2 the year in '10/11, they had a 49 win season. Last year with him for only 22 games, they won 51. They have a good team, just not as seemingly dominant without Sid. He should be healing well by the playoffs. Still have to wear a full shield, but he'll be good. Then it's a toss up, they may win a cup, or they may get swept in the first round.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 starwarsjunky

[QUOTE="Los9090"]I was surprised to see that people think the Penguins can live without Crosby. Yeah the team is stacked, but Crosby makes that machine go.Namgis

I think they can live without him. They wont win a cup, but they can still be very competitive. When Crosby was out 1/2 the year in '10/11, they had a 49 win season. Last year with him for only 22 games, they won 51. They have a good team, just not as seemingly dominant without Sid. He should be healing well by the playoffs. Still have to wear a full shield, but he'll be good. Then it's a toss up, they may win a cup, or they may get swept in the first round.

hilarious how everyone screams doomed after just 2 games....
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 Swanogt19

[QUOTE="Los9090"]I was surprised to see that people think the Penguins can live without Crosby. Yeah the team is stacked, but Crosby makes that machine go.Namgis

I think the Pens D and suspect goaltending from time to time is what hurts them when they don't have Crosby.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 Los9090
[QUOTE="Namgis"]

[QUOTE="Los9090"]I was surprised to see that people think the Penguins can live without Crosby. Yeah the team is stacked, but Crosby makes that machine go.starwarsjunky

Proof is in the pudding. As Namgis said, the Pens can still be competitive without Crosby, but he's their best player. Can't think of any teams off hand that won a Cup without their top player. Unless you can name one.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#293 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="Namgis"]

Los9090

Proof is in the pudding. As Namgis said, the Pens can still be competitive without Crosby, but he's their best player. Can't think of any teams off hand that won a Cup without their top player. Unless you can name one.

Bruins without Savard.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 Swanogt19

[QUOTE="Los9090"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] hilarious how everyone screams doomed after just 2 games....sherman-tank1

Bruins without Savard.

:lol: Savard was not our top player. Try Bergeron or better yet Krecji who lead the team in the playoffs when we won the cup. Also we lost every game in 2010 playoffs after Krecji got hurt.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#295 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="Los9090"] Proof is in the pudding. As Namgis said, the Pens can still be competitive without Crosby, but he's their best player. Can't think of any teams off hand that won a Cup without their top player. Unless you can name one.Swanogt19

Bruins without Savard.

:lol: Savard was not our top player. Try Bergeron or better yet Krecji who lead the team in the playoffs when we won the cup. Also we lost every game in 2010 playoffs after Krecji got hurt.

Alright I must admit I just woke up when I posted that so my brain was fuzzy. Krecji is not our top player by any means, I say Bergy.

Adri6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 Adri6
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Okay, Kings might be the most overrated team, but Kopitar is the most underrated player.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#297 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

The SE Division must be terrible because how in the hell did my team, the Capitals, jump to 1st place? :P

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 Nintendo_Ownes7

Pittsburgh and Chicago both clinched a playoff spot Yesterday; Chicago when they beat Nashville and Pittsburgh when Buffalo beat New Jersey in a shootout.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 Nintendo_Ownes7

Pens just guaranteed that they wouldn't finish lower than 2nd Place in the Eastern Conference since they just clinched their Division in their win over Carolina with a score of 5-3.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 starwarsjunky

Pens just guaranteed that they wouldn't finish lower than 2nd Place in the Eastern Conference since they just clinched their Division in their win over Carolina with a score of 5-3.

Nintendo_Ownes7
yep! freakin awesome!!!