2013 NHL Season Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#351 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
My last clinical as a nursing student today. Then I am shipping up to Boston for the game!
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#352 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]Quick pulled a Fleury smhBlabadon
Puck go in because of his ass?

Nah haha, I remember a few years ago against the Caps in a playoff game Fleury had a giveaway behind the net that led to a Washington goal. That game was a blowout though so not quite as bad as Quick's gaffe
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#353 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="-Halftime-"]Quick pulled a Fleury smh-Halftime-
Puck go in because of his ass?

Nah haha, I remember a few years ago against the Caps in a playoff game Fleury had a giveaway behind the net that led to a Washington goal. That game was a blowout though so not quite as bad as Quick's gaffe

I remember Fleury doing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJmhM0pvpOo Don't remember the one you mentioned.
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
My Canucks :( don't see them winning this series, they'll be lucky to get to second round.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#355 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Awesome game by the Pens last night Fleury got his 6th career play-off shutout.

I know we aren't going to win ever game but I do hope we win the Stanley Cup this year.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

Awesome game by the Pens last night Fleury got his 6th career play-off shutout.

I know we aren't going to win ever game but I do hope we win the Stanley Cup this year.

Nintendo_Ownes7
so true. an amazing start, now lets just keep up the pressure!
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 Swanogt19
The game was awesome last night. Took some great photos. But I have never put photos from my laptop onto gamespot before.
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#358 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Subban hit on Neal, yowza! Sig worthy stuff right there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

The game was awesome last night. Took some great photos. But I have never put photos from my laptop onto gamespot before. Swanogt19
I. Envy. You.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 Swanogt19
Yeah. Not having any luck with the photos. Anyways Ellar took a huge hit. Curious to see if more suspensions will be handed out.
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#361 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Holtby is awesome. Caps off to a great start. :)

Ouch at that Eller hit.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 starwarsjunky
Crosby's back tonight!!! :D
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 -Halftime-
Kings with their second straight crushing loss....... I'm excited to see Sid tonight.
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 Swanogt19
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]Kings with their second straight crushing loss....... I'm excited to see Sid tonight.

Hard to say what is going on with the Kings. Game 1 was on Quick. I kind of feel like Game 2 is as well. More than likely Quick should've had the that shot despite slight screened. The Kings were extremely physical last night. As they were when they won the cup. If I re-call last year the Kings often give up a lot more shots but what opportunities they had they would capitalize.
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 Seabas989

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Caps Win in OT!

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#366 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
F*cking bullshit calls by the refs and whichever dumbshit thought Abdelkader should be kicked from the game. If the NHL suspends him, they're really full of looney shit.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]F*cking bullshit calls by the refs and whichever dumbshit thought Abdelkader should be kicked from the game. If the NHL suspends him, they're really full of looney shit.

It's going to happen. I'll be surprised if it only 1 game too. The hit wasn't as bad as it seemed in real time. What was embarrassing was the fact the Joe Louis Arena seemed to be half empty. I've been to regular season games that were more packed than that.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 Blabadon
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]F*cking bullshit calls by the refs and whichever dumbshit thought Abdelkader should be kicked from the game. If the NHL suspends him, they're really full of looney shit.

It's going to happen. I'll be surprised if it only 1 game too. The hit wasn't as bad as it seemed in real time. What was embarrassing was the fact the Joe Louis Arena seemed to be half empty. I've been to regular season games that were more packed than that.

My post was more of a spur of the moment post, but even from a rational mindset, there's nothing I see oo wrong other than it being airborne. Announcers said it was sold out, but I only watched up til 1-0
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]F*cking bullshit calls by the refs and whichever dumbshit thought Abdelkader should be kicked from the game. If the NHL suspends him, they're really full of looney shit.Blabadon

My post was more of a spur of the moment post, but even from a rational mindset, there's nothing I see oo wrong other than it being airborne. Announcers said it was sold out, but I only watched up til 1-0

Yeah. The guys at NBC during the Kings/Blues intermission made it seem like Abdelkader was evil and it was really bugging me. The guy kept on saying that he should get 2 games minimum and that's bullsh*t.

Also, yeah I saw that they said it was sold out but that only means the Red Wings sold every ticket. A lot of people didn't show up or couldn't sell their tickets in time. Half of the seats down by the ice were empty. 

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 Swanogt19
Missed the game last night because of Half-way to Halloween. Going to be watching the games today as I kind of study for my final tomorrow.
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] It's going to happen. I'll be surprised if it only 1 game too. The hit wasn't as bad as it seemed in real time. What was embarrassing was the fact the Joe Louis Arena seemed to be half empty. I've been to regular season games that were more packed than that.Toxic-Seahorse

Yeah. The guys at NBC during the Kings/Blues intermission made it seem like Abdelkader was evil and it was really bugging me. The guy kept on saying that he should get 2 games minimum and that's bullsh*t.

Also, yeah I saw that they said it was sold out but that only means the Red Wings sold every ticket. A lot of people didn't show up or couldn't sell their tickets in time. Half of the seats down by the ice were empty. 

I can't stand watching the game on NBC they (Pierre McGuire) always seem to hate on my favorite team; That is why I only watch on my local station since they aren't really biased if they see a bad call on the other team they say that the refs made a bad call even if it benefited our team.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 Swanogt19

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]My post was more of a spur of the moment post, but even from a rational mindset, there's nothing I see oo wrong other than it being airborne. Announcers said it was sold out, but I only watched up til 1-0Nintendo_Ownes7

I can't stand watching the game on NBC they (Pierre McGuire) always seem to hate on my favorite team; That is why I only watch on my local station since they aren't really biased if they see a bad call on the other team they say that the refs made a bad call even if it benefited our team.

Aren't you a Pens fan? McGuire hating on the Pens. :lol: yeah right. He and everyone else like Sports Center eat the Pens up because of Crosby. Please.
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] Yeah. The guys at NBC during the Kings/Blues intermission made it seem like Abdelkader was evil and it was really bugging me. The guy kept on saying that he should get 2 games minimum and that's bullsh*t.

Swanogt19

Aren't you a Pens fan? McGuire hating on the Pens. :lol: yeah right. He and everyone else like Sports Center eat the Pens up because of Crosby. Please.

When they play the Rangers, the Flyers, and the Capitols he is always kissing Lundquist, Giroux, and Ovechkin's ass; Almost every Pens fan hates him.

I prefer to watch Root Sports and if the game isn't on Root Sports I would just listen to it on the radio since the color commentators they still like the Pens but if they see a bad call for the opposing team they call the refs out on it even if it benefitted the Pens.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 Swanogt19
And when the Pens play he is kissing Crosby and Malkin's ass. So stop complaining. Better yet your team is the only team that sportscenter covers. So stop complaining. The fact of the matter is Pierre annoys all fans out there because he talks up the star players on every team. All of the time rather than providing no basis analysis. I can tell you right now that I prefer Jack Edwards over Pierre but Edwards is the most basis announcer there is. Brickley, Edwards' partner is excellent in providing no basis analysis.
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 Nintendo_Ownes7

I wasn't really complaining I was just saying that is mainly the reason I don't like watching on NBC I also don't like how during intermission they spend most of the time talking about other games instead of spending the majority talking about the game that they are covering.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 Blabadon

Abdelkader got a two-game suspension. Great. Thanks Shanahan. Nice to see this wasn't worth any game suspensions whatsoever:

Even if that due to the new CBA, this is all bullshit.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 JohnBean42

Montreal is an embarrassment. What a bunch of whiners. 

And oh geez, this won't be a fun offseason in Vancouver. I think Vigneault will be fired..which he doesn't deserve. The huge mess concerning the goalies, who BOTH played tonight, is all on Gillis.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#378 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Did i pick the Canucks? I thought i did, to try and jinx um. Poor people i didn't think it would really work! :P
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 Swanogt19

Montreal is an embarrassment. What a bunch of whiners. 

And oh geez, this won't be a fun offseason in Vancouver. I think Vigneault will be fired..which he doesn't deserve. The huge mess concerning the goalies, who BOTH played tonight, is all on Gillis.

JohnBean42
Didn't see all of the Vancouver game last night but I feel that they no longer have a lot of depth at D and forward like they had in 2011.
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 Namgis

Did i pick the Canucks? I thought i did, to try and jinx um. Poor people i didn't think it would really work! :PX360PS3AMD05

Of all the low down, dirty, no good, swindler of a thing to do!

I was the other vote for them. Hoping against hope they had some magic in them this year. At least I wont have to stay up to watch them.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 Seabas989

Bad game by the Caps.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 Blabadon
More bad calls by refs (calling a high stick on a Red Wing when some Ducks player hit himself in thr face with his own stick) and some missed ones (three in the crease by Anaheim conveniently overlooked) but my boys win in OT!
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 Toxic-Seahorse
More bad calls by refs (calling a high stick on a Red Wing when some Ducks player hit himself in thr face with his own stick) and some missed ones (three in the crease by Anaheim conveniently overlooked) but my boys win in OT!Blabadon
haha. I was literally yelling at the TV when the Ducks player hit himself in the face with his stick. What a horrible call in overtime.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 -Halftime-
Can't watch this Kings game, ****in CBS and DirectTV
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#385 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
This is how i expected the series with the Blues would be last year, knock out drag out fight!!
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 Namgis

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]More bad calls by refs (calling a high stick on a Red Wing when some Ducks player hit himself in thr face with his own stick) and some missed ones (three in the crease by Anaheim conveniently overlooked) but my boys win in OT!Toxic-Seahorse
haha. I was literally yelling at the TV when the Ducks player hit himself in the face with his stick. What a horrible call in overtime.

Guys just doing everything they can to win games. We want that in our players. But it tarnishes the product when you see football(soccer) creep into play.

Rafael red carded. Luiz all smiles.

-

Bieksa calling out Thornton and Couture.

I saw the Thornton call live and thought the same thing. Bieksa 2 goals tonight.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 Blabadon
Finally saw Quick's terrible gaffe, man, I just felt awful watching that. Nearly 60 minutes of good hockey and that happens. I felt bad for the fans too, but jeez, that was just awful.
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 JohnBean42

Funny that Bieksa, who plays for a team that is thought to embellish more than anyone, says that. Guess he would know a thing or two when he sees embellishment.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 Namgis

Funny that Bieksa, who plays for a team that is thought to embellish more than anyone, says that. Guess he would know a thing or two when he sees embellishment.

JohnBean42

He does have a point though.

20130506136780890273829.gif

Slash was no where near Thornton's left hand yet there he is shaking it and playing it up.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 JohnBean42

Rough night for goalies.

First off, Fleury shouldn't start game 5..dead serious. Also can't see how as a contending team, they move forward with him. He is what is bringing everyone else down..he's just flat out not very good.

Price: hurt, no update on game 5. Harding: hurt. Schneider: 2 goals allowed already.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 JohnBean42

[QUOTE="JohnBean42"]

Namgis

He does have a point though.

20130506136780890273829.gif

Slash was no where near Thornton's left hand yet there he is shaking it and playing it up.

I know. Just funny coming from a Canuck.
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 Namgis

I know. Just funny coming from a Canuck.JohnBean42

henrik-sedin-butt-end.gif.

Funny sure, but and utter embarrassment to the entire league on behalf of the Sharks.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 JohnBean42

[QUOTE="JohnBean42"]I know. Just funny coming from a Canuck.Namgis

henrik-sedin-butt-end.gif.

Funny sure, but and utter embarrassment to the entire league on behalf of the Sharks.

Oh ya, for sure it's embarrassing. Guess league doesn't really care..never see them dish out fines or warnings.
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 JohnBean42

Well..Canucks swept. This will be one fun offseason for them. AV, Gillis, Luongo..who stays, who goes? Watch Philly get Luongo..and Av would get another job very quickly.

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
Wow.....this is embarrassing. The Sedin's don't have it anymore.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 starwarsjunky

Rough night for goalies.

First off, Fleury shouldn't start game 5..dead serious. Also can't see how as a contending team, they move forward with him. He is what is bringing everyone else down..he's just flat out not very good.

Price: hurt, no update on game 5. Harding: hurt. Schneider: 2 goals allowed already.

JohnBean42
as a pens fan, i agree. but it wasn't just him. they need some line changes too. and stop with the F*CKING turnovers in your own end!
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 Seabas989

Ugly game by the Caps. Good thing they have home ice.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 Blabadon
Camera angle made it look like Howard had a skate in his crotch. Anyways, thanks to the Mule, it's 1-0 Wings
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 Blabadon
Fantastic goal off the faceoff by the Ducks. 1-1
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points