LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

@gaeandilth: Your posts are bad and you should feel bad about them. Ebola outbreak was barely a blip and you're comparing it to covid-19? Also trump is attacking the USPS and the person he put in charge is invested in the competitors of said USPS. Seriously why are defending the corruption of this administration? Not a patriot that's for sure.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@gaeandilth said:

@zaryia: btw what is mentioned there about the economy. Trump got screwed out of a great economy by the virus. And it is worth bragging about the recovery. I will say that Obama inherited a horrible economy that I will even admit was Bush's fault. But his recovery was slow as molasses this recovery is SKYROCKETING. It is proof on how much better Republican policies on taxs and regulations are then the Democrat's ideas.

But this article somehow twists it to sound like it is a bad thing. There has never been a bounce back this profound in such a short period of time in history. Article fails to mention how many jobs we already have back and how much of that contraction has recovered.

And to suggest that the Democrats would of done better on both the economy and the handling of the virus is a LIE. You had to balance the two there is no helping one without hurting the other. Obama talked about that MAGIC wand was needed to bring back manufacturing jobs(he got proved wrong big time). The Democrats really would need a magic wand to accomplish what they suggest they would of done about the crisis. And I still have yet to hear one of these magical solutions they had.

Yes. Trump got screwed out of a great economy (which was a continuation of Obama's) because of his (and others) massive mis-handling of Covid-19. He was screwed by the virus no doubt, but it doesn't help that he completely botched it.

We don't know if a Democrat Administration would have done better, but the time line of Biden vs Trump quotes shows it is likely when juxtaposed with peer studies on Covid-19 and prior actions.

https://www.procon.org/background-resources/coronavirus-timeline-of-comments-by-trump-and-biden-with-background-and-context/

And most Americans agree with that conclusion (polls).

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Watch_My_6
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

@horgen said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

I never claimed it would & it would be outlandish to say that anyone in this thread would be able calculate something like that.

All I wanted to do was address your original post: Imagine how much more expensive it will get with FedEx and UPS if USPS isn't their last mile delivery. You certainly allude to it being astronomical if USPS was gone.

Eliminating the government funded program would assuredly see the rise of more public businesses.

Instead of a separate agency, the government could broker a deal with any number of current or potential new customers.

Post offices, like they are in some places already, could be created for anyone in extreme rural peoples.

And most importantly, it's impossible for any of us to start any type of cost analysis. They are about to get $25 billion dollars in government money.

Look at it a little different. It is cheaper for UPS and Fedex to use USPS for last mile delivery than doing it themselves. That is quite telling. You alluded that both of them can do it cheaper. Then why use USPS?

Should people in rural areas pay the actual cost of getting mail delivered to them? At a price that will deliver a profit for the company doing?

Fun fact: Did you know USPSIS is the oldest/one of the oldest federal law enforcing agencies? Tracing all the way back to 1772 or so, preceding US itself.

I don't think I ever did that in the slightest. I don't even necessarily believe that.

USPS is used, for a small percent of packages which we still haven't figured out yet, because they have an infrastructure in place to make it easier. It's clearly beneficial for both sides. I still don't think you can confidently say that if the USPS was liquidated and a deal was brokered with a 3rd party that anything, aside from quality, would change significantly.

An extra dime for a stamp? An extra quarter? With all the number crunching you did in your original post, please let me know what you figured out.

I really don't know what you are asking in the middle questions.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 LJS9502_basic

@Watch_My_6 said:

I don't think I ever did that in the slightest. I don't even necessarily believe that.

USPS is used, for a small percent of packages which we still haven't figured out yet, because they have an infrastructure in place to make it easier. It's clearly beneficial for both sides. I still don't think you can confidently say that if the USPS was liquidated and a deal was brokered with a 3rd party that anything, aside from quality, would change significantly.

An extra dime for a stamp? An extra quarter? With all the number crunching you did in your original post, please let me know what you figured out.

Rural areas that are not cost effective would cease to have mail delivery. Also Article 1 Section 8 Clause 7.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Watch_My_6

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

Rural areas that are not cost effective would cease to have mail delivery. Also Article 1 Section 8 Clause 7.

Already been noted.

And those are all powers they CAN use not that they HAVE to use. Declaring war is in the same section...doesn't mean we have to.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 LJS9502_basic

@Watch_My_6 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Already been noted.

And those are all powers they CAN use not that they HAVE to use. Declaring war is in the same section...doesn't mean we have to.

Ah I see, another Republican that picks and chooses the Constitution.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Watch_My_6

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Watch_My_6 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Already been noted.

Seems more like I'm actually reading it instead of manipulating it, like yourself.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Watch_My_6

@thegreatchomp said:

@Watch_My_6: No, you are cherry picking and manipulating it.

Wrong.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts

@Watch_My_6 said:

Small percent of packages? Can you back that up with anything? Because what I find about USPS is almost 3 times what Fedex delivers, and some 700million more than UPS. Can you provide something that says different?

As for the prices USPS charges.

First-Class Mail, Marketing Mail, and Periodicals are the major categories of Market-Dominant mail. Altogether, MarketDominant products and services accounted for approximately 66 percent of total revenue in 2019. These products are subject to a strict price cap tied to changes in the Consumer Price Index, restricting our ability to generate revenue.

Btw it seems USPS handles 142.6(and not 48% of that) billion pieces of mail in 2019. So in 3 weeks they deliver more than Fedex and UPS do in a year combined.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 LJS9502_basic

@Watch_My_6 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Seems more like I'm actually reading it instead of manipulating it, like yourself.

Cherry picking it.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Watch_My_6

@horgen said:

Small percent of packages? Can you back that up with anything? Because what I find about USPS is almost 3 times what Fedex delivers, and some 700million more than UPS. Can you provide something that says different?

As for the prices USPS charges.

First-Class Mail, Marketing Mail, and Periodicals are the major categories of Market-Dominant mail. Altogether, MarketDominant products and services accounted for approximately 66 percent of total revenue in 2019. These products are subject to a strict price cap tied to changes in the Consumer Price Index, restricting our ability to generate revenue.

Btw it seems USPS handles 142.6(and not 48% of that) billion pieces of mail in 2019. So in 3 weeks they deliver more than Fedex and UPS do in a year combined.

1. I was obviously referring to the last leg delivery.

2. Yes. How does that fit into the grand scheme of things? Most people don't use Fedex, UPS, DHL, for letters/envelopes, which I'm sure makes up the majority of the USPS traffic.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Watch_My_6
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Watch_My_6 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Cherry picking it.

LMFAO - hardly. If it were written like this:

"The federal government is to run national post offices and national highways" then yes, that's written as a mandate.

It's clearly not written like that. I'm not cherry picking. I'm reading. You're contorting. You're wrong.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 LJS9502_basic

@Watch_My_6 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Cherry picking it.

"The federal government is to run national post offices and national highways" then yes, that's written as a mandate.

It's clearly not written like that. I'm not cherry picking. I'm reading. You're contorting. You're wrong.

Well if you want to use exact words then why do you ignore the words well regulated militia when you cons whine about any gun control?

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#165 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4366 Posts

@LJS9502_basic : they do that . when they can back up claims

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 LJS9502_basic

@firedrakes said:

@LJS9502_basic : they do that . when they can back up claims

No that's called cherry picking. You have to ignore the entire phrase to get their interpretation. And in fact back when the Constitution was written they actually did militia drills on weekends. Don't give me your crap. How many accounts are you using now? 3?

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Watch_My_6

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

Well if you want to use exact words then why do you ignore the words well regulated militia when you cons whine about any gun control?

LMAO - if a weasel had an account on GS, this is what he would post.

The tears. So many tears.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 LJS9502_basic

@Watch_My_6 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

Man don't be so hard on yourself. Here's a tissue for those tears. Also deflecting is all you have.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Watch_My_6

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Watch_My_6 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

Man don't be so hard on yourself. Here's a tissue for those tears. Also deflecting is all you have.

I'm deflecting?

You brought up gun control in a thread about the USPS.

LMAO. Gotta give you a 0/10 on this one.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 LJS9502_basic

@Watch_My_6 said:

I'm deflecting?

I brought up how you cherry pick the Constitution. Applies to this thread. I give you 0/10 on all your posts. Which alt are you?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Voting is to dangerous because of mass people being at polling areas, but lets form up big groups of people and protest it. ROFLMAO I just think it is funny.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#172 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

@Xabiss said:

Voting is to dangerous because of mass people being at polling areas, but lets form up big groups of people and protest it. ROFLMAO I just think it is funny.

people willing to put their lives at risk to protect their democracy.

that's pretty fucking american, no?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 horgen  Moderator

@Watch_My_6: Provide something more than just baseless claims. You are being dishonest.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Watch_My_6
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

I'm deflecting?

I brought up how you cherry pick the Constitution. Applies to this thread. I give you 0/10 on all your posts. Which alt are you?

Only because you brought it up and then it was shot down because YOU WERE WRONG.

Still worried about "mah alt" - more deflecting. Saaaaaaaaaaad

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Watch_My_6
@horgen said:

@Watch_My_6: Provide something more than just baseless claims. You are being dishonest.

You were the one that made the claim and the burden of evidence is on you. If you scroll through this whole thread then you will see that I have made no claim other than what you are saying is absurd because you do not have 1% of the evidence needed to support it.

Which

You

Have

Yet

To

Supply

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 horgen  Moderator

@Watch_My_6 said:
@horgen said:

You were the one that made the claim and the burden of evidence is on you. If you scroll through this whole thread then you will see that I have made no claim other than what you are saying is absurd because you do not have 1% of the evidence needed to support it.

Which

You

Have

Yet

To

Supply

Small percentage of packages?

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Watch_My_6

@horgen said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

Which

You

Have

Yet

To

Supply

Small percentage of packages?

You are getting your facts/situations mixed up again. Look at what I wrote just a couple of posts up:

1. I was obviously referring to the last leg delivery. Not overall throughput of mail.

We've determined that, potentially, small items like ram are pawned off on USPS. I have never personally been shipped an item from FedEx or UPS that doesn't arrive by them.

What about you - give us some personal insight about your items shipped from UPS and FedEx.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts

W

T

F

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Zaryia

@mattbbpl said:

W

T

F

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Zaryia
@Xabiss said:

The numbers of protesters is extremely small vs. the number of people who want to vote.....

Dumb comparison. Surely you understand Trump was wrong on this matter, he's already fake back-tracking as seen in the above tweet.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#181  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58318 Posts

I've post office people in my family. They say this is all bullshit. They deal with literally billions of pieces of mail each week. They can deal with a few million ballots.

If you screw with this post office, it is because you don't want it to work, not because you think it won't.

Also, let's be real: you think the post office is going to be worse than, what? Hanging chads? Broken electronic machines? Community centers and volunteers?

@Xabiss said:

When the opposing side is betting on you not showing up, you need to call their bluff. Also it is a pretty small crowd.

The difference is that we can do something about voting. We can vote by mail.

We can't really do anything but protest when your government officials are abusing their powers.

And it might be splitting hairs but if they're outside with masks and distancing themselves there is little to no risk of transmission. Cramming inside of a church or community center to vote? That's a definite risk.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@zaryia: that do over is looking pretty good right now

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 horgen  Moderator

So destroying the post office have... not so nice consequences.

https://apnews.com/486600f2d71fcd64edc9f4927990a290

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — At least 4,800 chicks shipped to Maine farmers through the U.S. Postal Service have arrived dead in the recent weeks since rapid cuts hit the federal mail carrier’s operations, U.S. Rep. Chellie Pingree said.

Pingree, a Maine Democrat, is raising the issue of the dead chicks and the losses farms are facing in a letter to Postmaster General Louis DeJoy and U.S. Department of Agriculture Commissioner Sonny Perdue, The Portland Press Herald reported Wednesday.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#184  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58318 Posts

@horgen: not the chicks!

*on a serious note, I would argue the people hurt by a less-functional post office are Trump voters. Like chicken ranchers. Old people. Etc..

**Or do you farm chickens? At what size animal does it go from farm to ranch? Or does it not matter? Hmmm....

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 horgen  Moderator

@mrbojangles25: sending live chickens has been doable since 1918 I think...

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

*on a serious note, I would argue the people hurt by a less-functional post office are Trump voters. Like chicken ranchers. Old people. Etc..

**Or do you farm chickens? At what size animal does it go from farm to ranch? Or does it not matter? Hmmm....

How has no one adopted a "Save the Chicks!" slogan as part of a pro-USPS campaign?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 horgen  Moderator

@mattbbpl said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

How has no one adopted a "Save the Chicks!" slogan as part of a pro-USPS campaign?

Use it as hashtag on twitter to get it out there!