Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@mattbbpl said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

I love hearing that mail in voting is rife with fraud (not true) while also ignoring that Trump and co. all vote by mail, and in the case of Florida, has gone on the record of advocating for it. Do you Trump supporters understand how incredibly stupid you look while trying to argue this case? This is one of those arguments in which there is zero backing to your side, other than it helps suppress votes against Trump.

This is the party of pizzagate and Qanon. They do not.

Edit: Hell, this is party the created the birtherism conspiracy theory and then elected it's frontman to be president.

I'm done with the party of Trump. People ask for civil discussions, even on this forum, but it's impossible to even start with a group that sits a top a foundation of conspiracy theories, lies, and stupidity.

What a piss pour attitude to have. Just because you think you are right doesn't make it so. Quit getting butt hurt over peoples opinions. That is all it is on this forum, opinions.

Also with this attitude you automatically assume whatever you say is the only correct thing. So it really doesn't matter what anyone else says because of your god complex.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Xabiss
@br0kenrabbit said:
@horgen said:
@Watch_My_6 said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

The USPS is the most inept agency I have ever seen.

I know the left will scream "it needs mooooooooore funding" but it has been a travesty for many years and continues to be so under both Reps and Dems.

It is one of the primary reasons to point to as to why private entities will always be superior.

Half the time I ship something via FedEx or UPS guess who actually brings it to the house?

Pretty sure that is called "Last Leg" of the mailing process.

Makes a heck of a lot of sense for them to do.

Imagine how much more expensive it will get with FedEx and UPS if USPS isn't their last mile delivery.

Exactly my point.

So lets just throw more money at the problem that will surly fix it. Sorry this is a US government run institution and they all suck. There is not one US government institution that runs well or isn't a huge drain on the tax payers. Hell just look at the cost of the Obama Care website and it SUCKED for years.

Sorry we seriously need to trim all the fat in this country and either start over or let it go to private enterprise. Hell, doing that with the space program was one of the best decisions we ever made it is flourishing now.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Watch_My_6
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

@mrbojangles25:Lucky you. I have had multiple packages lost and their are plenty of other people who have too.

A private company could just as easily deliver those necessary items. Probably faster too and with a higher rate of success.

And why do you need the government to provide that competition? It can easily be provided by another private company.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Watch_My_6
@horgen said:
@Watch_My_6 said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

I know the left will scream "it needs mooooooooore funding" but it has been a travesty for many years and continues to be so under both Reps and Dems.

It is one of the primary reasons to point to as to why private entities will always be superior.

Half the time I ship something via FedEx or UPS guess who actually brings it to the house?

Pretty sure that is called "Last Leg" of the mailing process.

Makes a heck of a lot of sense for them to do.

Imagine how much more expensive it will get with FedEx and UPS if USPS isn't their last mile delivery.

Who is to say? Do you have any actual data? Do you know what percentage they even deliver to?

I personally ALWAYS get my packages from UPS and FEDEX.

It's contracted between the two entities so it should be benefiting both of them.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@Watch_My_6 said:

Who is to say? Do you have any actual data? Do you know what percentage they even deliver to?

It's contracted between the two entities so it should be benefiting both of them.

Order something flat, like a stick of RAM. Bet it'll show up in your mailbox.

And UPS and FedEx use USPS so they don't have to make an extra trip. Just for you.

"The mailman visits each of us in turn" -Live, Shit Towne

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Watch_My_6

@br0kenrabbit said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

And UPS and FedEx use USPS so they don't have to make an extra trip. Just for you.

I doubt it will. And who ships RAM like that? It comes in heavy plastic and is then boxed in my experienced. I've even sold it used and would never put it in anything that resembles just an envelope.

I know.

Your post was not good. You answered 0% of the questions I asked. Made some theories about some hypothetical thin product purchases. Gave me information that I already knew. And gave us a quote. 0/10

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@Watch_My_6 said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

I doubt it will. And who ships RAM like that? It comes in heavy plastic and is then boxed in my experienced. I've even sold it used and would never put it in anything that resembles just an envelope.

I know.

Your post was not good. You answered 0% of the questions I asked. Made some theories about some hypothetical thin product purchases. Gave me information that I already knew. And gave us a quote. 0/10

Theories, no. I've ordered quite a bit of RAM and it always comes in hard flat plastic blister packages.

And by quite a bit, I mean I've ordered well over 20 sticks this year alone (I'm the family computer guy, and my friends computer guy, and their friends computer guy).

Here's the last one I had delivered from Newegg, notice the UPS logo and who it says delivered it:

Here's what was being delivered:

Happens every time. I have to order something that won't fit in the mailbox for UPS or FedEx to actually arrive at my door. No exceptions.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50562 Posts

@Watch_My_6 said:

Yup

We had a package go through SF and it was just sitting there for a month. Now, that center is usually slow, but with Covid restrictions it is mores o. We actually had a USPS worker call us to explain our package is not lost, but it's literally sitting there.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Watch_My_6

@br0kenrabbit said:

Theories, no. I've ordered quite a bit of RAM and it always comes in hard flat plastic blister packages.

And by quite a bit, I mean I've ordered well over 20 sticks this year alone (I'm the family computer guy, and my friends computer guy, and their friends computer guy).

Here's the last one I had delivered from Newegg, notice the UPS logo and who it says delivered it:

Happens every time. I have to order something that won't fit in the mailbox for UPS or FedEx to actually arrive at my door. No exceptions.

Anecdotal and personal evidence is great. I never deny that it never happens. I know it does. I said that on the 1st page.

Again, answer these questions that I actually posed.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Chutebox  Online

And Trump has attacked USPS pretty much since he took office.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Watch_My_6

@Chutebox said:

Yup

We had a package go through SF and it was just sitting there for a month. Now, that center is usually slow, but with Covid restrictions it is mores o. We actually had a USPS worker call us to explain our package is not lost, but it's literally sitting there.

It's the worst.

I buy and sell a lot on eBay and almost always choose FedEx because of multiple bad experiences and it's usually only a $1 more.

USPS once lost a package I sent out worth over $50. I had tracking information on the item but they refused to even issue me a refund for the cost of postage, let alone actually paying for the damages. ONLY, AND I MEAN ONLY, a government agency could get away with that level of customer service and ineptitude.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 br0kenrabbit

@Watch_My_6 said:

Anecdotal and personal evidence is great. I never deny that it never happens. I know it does. I said that on the 1st page.

What happens in the background doesn't matter. It's the front-end (customer experience) that matters. And the customer experience in my case is related above.

That's how it works around here. This isn't a big metro. If it can fit in your mailbox, it WILL arrive via USPS every time. Not just me, everyone out here. The only time those big trucks will pull up to anyone's house is if they have a big box. They will show up for that.

If you want to look into the program of shipping with USPS, it's called UPS MAIL INNOVATIONS. Right on the front page, the first paragraph says:

UPS Mail Innovations is a high-volume mailing service provider offering an efficient and effective way of delivering your mail. From postal costs to time in transit to packaging labor, our services can streamline, optimize, and synchronize your mailing process.

We service domestic and international locations with expedited mail solutions that can increase efficiencies and cut mailing costs. As postal logistics experts, we can pickup, process, and provide interim transportation of all your mailing communications.

So above they're admitting both that USPS does it cheaper and faster. Hmmm...anecdotal evidence indeed.

faponte13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 faponte13
Member since 2013 • 263 Posts

@Watch_My_6:

USPS is so much better and cheaper and FedEx and UPS. My friend just order a $1300 laptop and they mailed it to the wrong number. They delivered it to 742 instead of 724. Every once in a while I have to take a walk to the street just south of mine because they leave a package on the wrong street but the write number.

If you get ride of usps the prices of delivering a package is gonna skyrocket.

Its so weird that you people can't seem to understand that.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 br0kenrabbit

@faponte13 said:

@Watch_My_6:

USPS is so much better and cheaper and FedEx and UPS. My friend just order a $1300 laptop and they mailed it to the wrong number. They delivered it to 742 instead of 724. Every once in a while I have to take a walk to the street just south of mine because they leave a package on the wrong street but the write number.

They want you to be making some investors wallets bigger, because if you ain't doing that, you ain't 'murican!

If a house was on fire, Republicans would rush in with fire hoses. Democrats would take a step back and realize you need to turn the gas line off first, but the republicans would be screaming at you for not picking up a fire hose.

They're so shallow.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Chutebox  Online

@br0kenrabbit said:
@faponte13 said:

@Watch_My_6:

They want you to be making some investors wallets bigger, because if you ain't doing that, you ain't 'murican!

If a house was on fire, Republicans would rush in with fire hoses. Democrats would take a step back and realize you need to turn the gas line off first, but the republicans would be screaming at you for not picking up a fire hose.

They're so shallow.

It's like if they actually teamed up they could get shit done.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 br0kenrabbit

@Chutebox said:

HERESY! HERESY AND SLANDER! BURN HIM!

But seriously, yeah, but it ain't gonna happen. Didn't you know that compromise is a sign of being a pussy? You'll get your ass voted right out into retirement.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Chutebox  Online

@br0kenrabbit said:
@Chutebox said:

HERESY! HERESY AND SLANDER! BURN HIM!

But seriously, yeah, but it ain't gonna happen. Didn't you know that compromise is a sign of being a pussy? You'll get your ass voted right out into retirement.

I seriously hate politicians. I'll leave it at that.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 br0kenrabbit

@Chutebox said:

We should go back to ladies in lakes distributing swords.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#69 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58317 Posts

@Watch_My_6 said:

@mrbojangles25:Lucky you. I have had multiple packages lost and their are plenty of other people who have too.

A private company could just as easily deliver those necessary items. Probably faster too and with a higher rate of success.

And why do you need the government to provide that competition? It can easily be provided by another private company.

mail is a critical infrastructure, the government should be responsible for stuff like that.

Competition is fine. Private options are fine. Doesn't mean we should do away with the public option, however. The problem with major things like this is they tend to get monopolized.

You privatize too much, things go wrong. We just spent the last five years burning down half of California because PG&E was too concerned with their bottom line than simply doing their job competently and safely.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#70 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

They're taking mail boxes out of *checks notes* Portland. Of course...

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@zaryia said:

Going by the data It probably wouldn't be that bad. It would take a while though, but people would also die less.

I'm all for less deaths and more votes.

It still looks unlikely a reliable system for mail-in voting will be in place in time for November.

In the meantime, Dodgers Stadium is probably going to be a major polling site, and there are other sports arenas around the country that may do the same. Social distancing, masks, and allowing the elderly, immunocompromised, and military to vote absentee should be enough.

Going to 100% mail-in voting is not only unnecessary but not 100% secure. While there may be some people that are against it for reasons due to racism, there are a lot of others that are against it because they don't want any type of foreign interference.

Following the CDC guidelines, wearing masks at the polling places, and keeping those areas open for as long as necessary should keep infections extremely low, if not nonexistent.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Watch_My_6

@br0kenrabbit said:

What happens in the background doesn't matter. It's the front-end (customer experience) that matters. And the customer experience in my case is related above.

That's how it works around here. This isn't a big metro. If it can fit in your mailbox, it WILL arrive via USPS every time. Not just me, everyone out here. The only time those big trucks will pull up to anyone's house is if they have a big box. They will show up for that.

If you want to look into the program of shipping with USPS, it's called UPS MAIL INNOVATIONS. Right on the front page, the first paragraph says:

UPS Mail Innovations is a high-volume mailing service provider offering an efficient and effective way of delivering your mail. From postal costs to time in transit to packaging labor, our services can streamline, optimize, and synchronize your mailing process.

We service domestic and international locations with expedited mail solutions that can increase efficiencies and cut mailing costs. As postal logistics experts, we can pickup, process, and provide interim transportation of all your mailing communications.

So above they're admitting both that USPS does it cheaper and faster. Hmmm...anecdotal evidence indeed.

I have agreed with you multiple times - again, I was the one that actually used the term "last leg" first in this very thread.

You simply aren't answering any of the questions I asked.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Watch_My_6

@ad1x2 said:
@zaryia said:

Going by the data It probably wouldn't be that bad. It would take a while though, but people would also die less.

I'm all for less deaths and more votes.

It still looks unlikely a reliable system for mail-in voting will be in place in time for November.

In the meantime, Dodgers Stadium is probably going to be a major polling site, and there are other sports arenas around the country that may do the same. Social distancing, masks, and allowing the elderly, immunocompromised, and military to vote absentee should be enough.

Going to 100% mail-in voting is not only unnecessary but not 100% secure. While there may be some people that are against it for reasons due to racism, there are a lot of others that are against it because they don't want any type of foreign interference.

Following the CDC guidelines, wearing masks at the polling places, and keeping those areas open for as long as necessary should keep infections extremely low, if not nonexistent.

Continuing to sabotaging doesn't help in either of these scenarios.

Same goes for trying to stop it in places he is doing well and not it in places where he isn't.

It's pure politics.

Also,

Judge Orders Trump Campaign To Produce Evidence Of Voter Fraud In Pennsylvania

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/08/13/judge-orders-trump-campaign-to-produce-evidence-of-voter-fraud/

The judge's order forces the Trump campaign to try to back up President Donald Trump's false claims about massive voter fraud in postal voting.

The judge’s order, in a high-profile case about vote-by-mail in the battleground state, essentially forces the Trump campaign to try to back up President Donald Trump’s false claims about massive voter fraud in postal voting. The federal lawsuit filed in Pittsburgh claims that as voters jumped to make use of the greatly broadened eligibility for mail-in ballots during the June 2 primary, practices and procedures by elections officials ran afoul of state law and the state and federal constitutions.

“The Court finds that instances of voter fraud are relevant to the claims and defenses in this case,” District Judge J. Nicholas Ranjan wrote on Thursday, telling Republicans that they need to provide evidence of fraud to the Democratic Party and the Sierra Club, which are part of the lawsuit.

Trump being called out on his lies.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Zaryia

Ugh,

Trump admits he is undermining USPS to make it harder to vote by mail

The president says he opposes providing additional money to the postal service to help it deliver mail-in ballots

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/13/donald-trump-usps-post-office-election-funding

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

I'm done with the party of Trump. People ask for civil discussions, even on this forum, but it's impossible to even start with a group that sits a top a foundation of conspiracy theories, lies, and stupidity.

What a piss pour attitude to have. Just because you think you are right doesn't make it so.

It does when we're talking about simple things like concrete facts and statistics. Would you bother engaging a moon landing conspiracy theorist on the issue? Look at our current situation where Trump himself is saying, 'I'm intentionally slowing down the USPS due to mail in voting', and his base is saying 'nu uh'.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
@br0kenrabbit said:
@Chutebox said:

We should go back to ladies in lakes distributing swords.

Let's try an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as sort of executive officer for the week.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

So anyway without a hint of humor the president straight up said he's sabotaging the post office funding to suppress mail-in voting.

I'm at the point where I'd get licked by a conga line of 100 covid patients just to vote this shameless asshole out of office. So if his aim was to stop me from voting by mail so I could instead vote in person, I guess he wins.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I figured he'd cling to the White House with tooth and nail, but to force people to risk getting sick if they wanted to vote him out I didn't expect.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts

@Xabiss said:

So lets just throw more money at the problem that will surly fix it. Sorry this is a US government run institution and they all suck. There is not one US government institution that runs well or isn't a huge drain on the tax payers. Hell just look at the cost of the Obama Care website and it SUCKED for years.

Sorry we seriously need to trim all the fat in this country and either start over or let it go to private enterprise. Hell, doing that with the space program was one of the best decisions we ever made it is flourishing now.

The government controls the prices that USPS charges. And until the law change in 2006 USPS was running a profit actually. But because USPS has to fund pensions 75 years into the future, they are struggling running with profit now. Imagine if every company had to do this. It would also help not actively destroying it from within.

U.S. Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has reportedly started to remove mail sorting machines from Post Offices across the country.

The process of removing those machines has stoked fears that President Donald Trump and his allies in the executive branch are intentionally sabotaging mail operations in order to diminish the capability of the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) to sort and deliver mail-in ballots in a timely fashion for the 2020 general election.

Hurting USPS will most likely hurt rural areas more than cities in the long run. It costs both time and money to deliver a few packages to rural areas compared to cities.

@zaryia said:

Ugh,

Trump admits he is undermining USPS to make it harder to vote by mail

The president says he opposes providing additional money to the postal service to help it deliver mail-in ballots

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/13/donald-trump-usps-post-office-election-funding

Yet he will use mail-in voting himself.

@Watch_My_6 said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

Hahahahah this is rich. Present your anecdotal evidence as being the norm and when someone post their opposite experience claim it being anecdotal.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Watch_My_6

@horgen said:

The government controls the prices that USPS charges. And until the law change in 2006 USPS was running a profit actually. But because USPS has to fund pensions 75 years into the future, they are struggling running with profit now. Imagine if every company had to do this. It would also help not actively destroying it from within.

U.S. Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has reportedly started to remove mail sorting machines from Post Offices across the country.

The process of removing those machines has stoked fears that President Donald Trump and his allies in the executive branch are intentionally sabotaging mail operations in order to diminish the capability of the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) to sort and deliver mail-in ballots in a timely fashion for the 2020 general election.

Hurting USPS will most likely hurt rural areas more than cities in the long run. It costs both time and money to deliver a few packages to rural areas compared to cities.

Yet he will use mail-in voting himself.

Hahahahah this is rich. Present your anecdotal evidence as being the norm and when someone post their opposite experience claim it being anecdotal.

Are you still avoiding my questions above?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Zaryia

@Chutebox said:

He seemed to ramp up sabotage efforts recently in the last few months. All while refusing to fund them for the election specifically due to mail in voting, he admitted it yesterday.

There is no hiding what this is about anymore.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Chutebox  Online

@zaryia said:
@Chutebox said:

He seemed to ramp up sabotage efforts recently in the last few months. All while refusing to fund them for the election specifically due to mail in voting, he admitted it yesterday.

It's not like this will only effect (affect? I always mess this up) only democrats.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Zaryia

@Chutebox said:
@zaryia said:
@Chutebox said:

It's not like this will only effect (affect? I always mess this up) only democrats.

It will effect American voters and is anti-Democratic. This guy is shit. But yes it hurts Democrats more which is why he's doing it:

“They want $25 billion for the post office,” Trump said of Democrats. “Now they need that money in order to have the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots.

“But if they don’t get those two items, that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting because they’re not equipped to have it,” he said.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Zaryia

Sad that this can even happen,

President Trump Says He Wants to Block Post Office Funding to Stop Mail Voting

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/8/13/21366689/postal-service-post-office-donald-trump-delays-funding-suntimes-editorial

How can anyone not be troubled by this?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@Chutebox said:
@zaryia said:
@Chutebox said:

A for the verb, e for the noun.

As in, will affect both sides, however it's Democrats who feel the effect more. Lower turnout commonly favors Republicans which is why they want to discourage mail-in. Either way it's shameless voter suppression.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@zaryia said:
@jeezers said:

We should keep it the same as it always has been.

During Covid-19? That's silly:

NEW CDC GUIDELINES OFFER RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SAFE VOTING DURING COVID-19

Recommendations include voting by mail, expanding early voting and personal safety measuresFor Immediate Release

I know why you're against it. Why play the charade?

@jeezers said:

If anyone looks like they are trying to cheat its the dems.

None of that stuff is cheating nor is attempting to make it legal cheating. Voter Fraud is nearly non existent.

Cheating would be gerrymandering, voter suppression, sabotaging the USPS, and trying to get only states you don't like to not do mail in voting.

I mean why play these games, we know why the right is against it. The GOP thinks it reduces Trump's chances lol. I mean he basically admitted it when he encourages Red states to vote by mail.

Easy fix polling stations should stay open a month long from a set time from 8am-8pm, Monday through Friday to help with social distance and all that jazz. I think that is more then fair and if you can't figure out a way to vote in that time period you probably were not going to vote anyway.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-vote-by-mail-ballot-counted-election/

Sorry I am a firm believer that you go in person to vote so the person running the polling stations can make sure the proper person is voting.

polling stations are often at school. are you going to close a school down for month so it can be used as a polling station instead?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts

@Watch_My_6 said:

Are you still avoiding my questions above?

So you think a private company which sole purpose is to turn a profit will deliver something cheaper than a company which has its price-roof decided by the government?

The Postal Service is legally obligated to serve all Americans, regardless of geography, at uniform price and quality.

To answer your first question: It's pure speculation, but I have given my reasoning above. USPS say they handle 48% of the worlds mail.

Total mail volume in 2019 was 142.6 billion.

According to Statista FedEx had in 2019 on average 6.2 million daily package deliveries. Multiply with 365 and you get 2 263 millions, or 2.26 billions per. 142.6 billion is a little more than 2.26 billion. Or if wish to count it differently and thus lets say USPS only handled 48% of that 142.6 billion you are still left with 68.45 billion.

Fedex themselves states they deliver to 188 million people in the US

Delivering to over 188 million people in the U.S.

Granted 330 million is over 188 million, but it would be weird to not say you deliver to all of US if you do.

UPS claims they deliver 5.5 billions packages each year. This can be read as worldwide and not US only.

5.5 billion packages delivered per year

Looking at their fact sheet they claim cover all of US adresses. Which is better than Fedex and equally good as USPS. However as @br0kenrabbit already pointed out. Their last mile delivery is often covered by USPS.

Maybe you should begin to provide some facts and sources to back up your claims.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Chutebox  Online

@Vaasman:

@zaryia said:
@Chutebox said:
@zaryia said:
@Chutebox said:

It will effect American voters and is anti-Democratic. This guy is shit. But yes it hurts Democrats more which is why he's doing it:

“They want $25 billion for the post office,” Trump said of Democrats. “Now they need that money in order to have the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots.

“But if they don’t get those two items, that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting because they’re not equipped to have it,” he said.

Not denying that.

So you guys are saying it hurts Dems more because they are less likely to go to polls during the pandemic?

Genuine question, not looking for a gotcha BS moment.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Chutebox  Online

@comp_atkins: I mean, schools are closed down now anyways lol.

Well, besides mine. Kids aren't here, but apparently we're the only district where teachers have to work from school.

And a month is way too much time. Week, tops.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Chutebox  Online

From Fouci today,

“I think if carefully done, according to the guidelines, there’s no reason that I can see why that not be the case,” Fauci told ABC News this week. “If you go and wear a mask, if you observe the physical distancing, and don’t have a crowded situation, there’s no reason why shouldn’t be able to do that.”

"But Fauci doubled-down, saying “there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to vote in person or otherwise.”

He also says people with underlying conditions can use mail in.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Watch_My_6

@horgen said:

To answer your first question: It's pure speculation

I know, I just wanted to hear you say it.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Zaryia

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/14/politics/usps-warn-states-mail-in-ballot-delivery/index.html

You see this well in our latest polls from Arizona, Florida and Michigan. In each state, at least 56% of self-identified Democrats say they're going to cast a vote by mail. In each state, Democrats are at least 30 points more likely to say they'll vote by mail than Republicans.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Xabiss

@comp_atkins said:
@Xabiss said:
@zaryia said:
@jeezers said:

We should keep it the same as it always has been.

During Covid-19? That's silly:

NEW CDC GUIDELINES OFFER RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SAFE VOTING DURING COVID-19

Recommendations include voting by mail, expanding early voting and personal safety measuresFor Immediate Release

I know why you're against it. Why play the charade?

@jeezers said:

If anyone looks like they are trying to cheat its the dems.

None of that stuff is cheating nor is attempting to make it legal cheating. Voter Fraud is nearly non existent.

Cheating would be gerrymandering, voter suppression, sabotaging the USPS, and trying to get only states you don't like to not do mail in voting.

I mean why play these games, we know why the right is against it. The GOP thinks it reduces Trump's chances lol. I mean he basically admitted it when he encourages Red states to vote by mail.

Easy fix polling stations should stay open a month long from a set time from 8am-8pm, Monday through Friday to help with social distance and all that jazz. I think that is more then fair and if you can't figure out a way to vote in that time period you probably were not going to vote anyway.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-vote-by-mail-ballot-counted-election/

Sorry I am a firm believer that you go in person to vote so the person running the polling stations can make sure the proper person is voting.

polling stations are often at school. are you going to close a school down for month so it can be used as a polling station instead?

Seriously there are plenty of places you can have it during COVID right now. Seriously there are entire arenas that can't be used, there are all kinds of halls that can be used, trust me you don't have to do it at a school. Where I live there is not a single election at the school. Where do they do early voting in those places? Come on be creative it would not be to hard to figure this out.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@comp_atkins said:

Seriously there are plenty of places you can have it during COVID right now. Seriously there are entire arenas that can't be used, there are all kinds of halls that can be used, trust me you don't have to do it at a school. Where I live there is not a single election at the school. Where do they do early voting in those places? Come on be creative it would not be to hard to figure this out.

You also have to take travel and convenience part of the equation.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Xabiss
@Chutebox said:

From Fouci today,

“I think if carefully done, according to the guidelines, there’s no reason that I can see why that not be the case,” Fauci told ABC News this week. “If you go and wear a mask, if you observe the physical distancing, and don’t have a crowded situation, there’s no reason why shouldn’t be able to do that.”

"But Fauci doubled-down, saying “there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to vote in person or otherwise.”

He also says people with underlying conditions can use mail in.

Of course because there are plenty of places to get this done during these times. People only take what Fouci says when it helps there agenda. You can do this safely, we do voting during flu season and we do nothing to help with that issue. It really is not hard to have this election and do it correctly. No one can even argue the plan that I have came up with and it would work.

If you can protest you can vote period.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Xabiss
@Chutebox said:

@comp_atkins: I mean, schools are closed down now anyways lol.

Well, besides mine. Kids aren't here, but apparently we're the only district where teachers have to work from school.

And a month is way too much time. Week, tops.

Hell use the huge basketball courts in these schools. You can fit a lot of voting booths in basketball courts and have hella social distance.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Chutebox  Online

@zaryia said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/14/politics/usps-warn-states-mail-in-ballot-delivery/index.html

You see this well in our latest polls from Arizona, Florida and Michigan. In each state, at least 56% of self-identified Democrats say they're going to cast a vote by mail. In each state, Democrats are at least 30 points more likely to say they'll vote by mail than Republicans.

Ok, so don't lol. If they don't have faith in USPS because of Trump, go outside and vote.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts

Trump and his sycophant postmaster general are trying to mess with the election, pretty clear at this point, removing mail sorting machines and drop boxes around the country. But, I am sure those who defended him up until this point will not feel any different about him.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Zaryia

@Chutebox said:
@zaryia said:

Ok, so don't lol. If they don't have faith in USPS because of Trump, go outside and vote.

They don't want to get corona virus. Oh and why sabotage it, how about don't do that?