Do you think Republicans who lose their election will deny the results like Trump?

• 146 results
Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@FireEmblem_Man said:

@zaryia: bruh, take the L, Stevo beat you as you can’t even elaborate a false equivalence of his post!

Because I never said he posted a false equivalency. No one will be able to quote me saying as much. He's literally the only conservative in this thread that didn't . Although it would be nice if he gave his thoughts on the actual argument.

Straight up Gas Lighting.

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Stacy Abrams had trouble coping that she lost to Kemp back in 2018 and still to this day believed she’s the illegitimate governor of Georgia!

And I agree with you. I didn't like that she did that.

However, Stacey Abrams Admits Defeat In Georgia Governor's Race, Blasts Brian Kemp : NPR

But that doesn't even remotely compare to 2020. Governor vs POTUS. How many Democrats didn't vote to confirm? Was the GA Capitol taken over? How many unconstitutional lawsuits? How many fake electors? We call this a....say it with me.... a False Equivalency. (and Whataboutism).

There's no way around it. The 2018 GA Gubernatorial election wasn't anything on the level of the 2020 POTUS Election....(lol why do I even have to say this). Debates at this forum are always so weird, you're typically arguing if actual reality is real.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Zaryia
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

It's very telling that the defenders of election denial aren't even arguing against it at this point. They switch right into legitimizing it through false equivalencies or outright lying. Whataboutism at it's worst.

LOL, just like 2016?

No, not like 2016. Thank you for illustrating my point so clearly.

Because it happens ALL the time on both sides

Extreme false equivalency. It literally doesn't happen all the time, and the few times it did was not even remotely in the same league on a purely factual basis.

Here is proof:

@JimB said:

/www.dailysignal.com/2021/01/04/in-past-20-years-democrats-objected-3-times-to-electoral-college-certifications/

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

this incident

Thanks for the assist guys. Fact checking fallacies is an important duty. Lots of far right liars ITT. Glad you could both do your parts! And good on you Stevo being a responsible moderator and helping us.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#103 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@zaryia said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Lol, backpedaling to account for the strawman to my initial reply.

I literally wasn't talking about you.....

Any attempt at a win I guess. Not the best thread to do this in, your bros already got fucked up. It's over. 😁

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Probably shouldn't poke fun at others for self ownage. :P

Moderators probably shouldn't troll and lie. But here we are right?

I see that now, although still a bizarre way to backtrack on the strawman.

Ah yes, tribalism, where everything is "win or lose" for "internet arguing" along with the "your side" or "this group getting rekd" mantras galore. Must be tiring.

Not sure where the lying/trolling is but whatever you can throw at the wall at this point?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Zaryia
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Not sure where the lying/trolling is

I didn't ever say you used a false equivalency. One can easily read the thread and see this. In fact I've been fully aware you are quite literally the one conservative ITT who did not. My posts made that clear well before these odd accusations (I listed all the names).

Whatever you are playing at here is very bizarre and un-mod like. I am disappointed.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

blablablablabla

Hi Stevo.

Do you feel the 2020 Election Denial/Overturning attempts were as bad as 2016? I never got your thoughts on this.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#105 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

Very, very likely.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Zaryia

@nintendoboy16 said:

Very, very likely.

A lot of these people are loons:

Over half the GOP candidates running in 2022 are election deniers - The Washington Post

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@zaryia said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Not sure where the lying/trolling is

I didn't ever say you used a false equivalency. One can easily read the thread and see this. In fact I've been fully aware you are quite literally the one conservative ITT who did not. My posts made that clear well before these odd accusations (I listed all the names).

Whatever you are playing at here is very bizarre and un-mod like. I am disappointed.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

lying and trolling removed

Hi Stevo.

Do you feel the 2020 Election Denial/Overturning attempts were as bad as 2016? I never got your thoughts on this.

Again, very bizarre way to backtrack on the strawman--since you interjected with an unrelated argument to my response to Hoola and repeated brought up false equivalence...which had nothing to do with my posts. lol

Whatever I'm playing? Un-mod like? Are we now turning to the Chewbacca Defense? Let's not go down that path, you'll find it'll be very unfruitful.

No, it's fairly evident the 2020 shenanigans and continual "unprecedented" events fiascos place it on its own pedestal.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Zaryia
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Again, very bizarre way to backtrack on the strawman--since you interjected with an unrelated argument to my response to Hoola and repeated brought up false equivalence...which had nothing to do with my posts. lol

That's not a straw-man. 🤣 That's was me telling you how crazy the far right was being ITT and how your/JimB's posts actually helped me and Hoola. That's IT. Recapping the thread and telling you what happened isn't a straw-man rofl.

Dude. lol. I'm glad I could clear this up. Also thank you for no longer thinking I said you made a false equivalency.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Are we now turning to the Chewbacca Defense?

Defense? Wouldn't I have to lose or start to lose a debate or argument first? Bizarre. I mean, we can't even get a grasp of what we're arguing when it comes to you. Almost dizzying. What thread am I even in.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

No, it's fairly evident the 2020 shenanigans and continual "unprecedented" events fiascos place it on its own pedestal.

ROFL YES! WE DID IT! Thread over! This is all I needed!

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@zaryia said:

That's not a straw-man. 🤣 That's was me telling you how crazy the far right was being ITT and how your/JimB's posts actually helped me and Hoola. That's IT. Recapping the thread and telling you what happened isn't a straw-man rofl.

Dude. lol. I'm glad I could clear this up. Also thank you for no longer thinking I said you made a false equivalency.

Defense? Wouldn't I have to lose or start to lose a debate or argument first? Bizarre. I mean, we can't even get a grasp of what we're arguing when it comes to you. Almost dizzying. What thread am I even in.

ROFL YES! WE DID IT! Thread over! This is all I needed!

Of course it was, you interjected with a different argument which was being addressed. I reiterated your argument in a reply and you agreed with the logic without ever expanding on it (which, actually thankfully, for that would have likely included a lot of copy and pasting of other people's ideas).

Probably should put away the alcohol however.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#110 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts

They might, they're totally capable and would if it came to it. But I don't think they'll need to, because those who can stop them just won't show up to the polls. But this is the election where democracy dies, it's hanging by a thread already, this will finish it. There's just too many right wing anti-democracy election deniers infiltrating the local politics of states, gerrymandering them, will purge voter rolls in democratic areas, will cut back early voting, cut back mail in ballots, cut back on polling locations in urban areas, and they support ability of secretaries of state to toss out votes to control who wins. Yes, this is when democracy dies. It it won't be over substantive policy. It'll be because "I don't like pronouns!!"

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

They might, they're totally capable and would if it came to it. But I don't think they'll need to, because those who can stop them just won't show up to the polls. But this is the election where democracy dies, it's hanging by a thread already, this will finish it. There's just too many right wing anti-democracy election deniers infiltrating the local politics of states, gerrymandering them, will purge voter rolls in democratic areas, will cut back early voting, cut back mail in ballots, cut back on polling locations in urban areas, and they support ability of secretaries of state to toss out votes to control who wins. Yes, this is when democracy dies. It it won't be over substantive policy. It'll be because "I don't like pronouns!!"

And they don't even know what pronouns are.

Don't give up. The pendulum swings both ways.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 lamprey263

@InEMplease said:

And they don't even know what pronouns are.

Don't give up. The pendulum swings both ways.

That's a horrible analogy and that's more of that puppies and rainbows false optimism that makes people think they can get away with protest votes or skipping every other election. You can't flip the switch on the damage that's getting done here.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 InEMplease

@lamprey263: But I love flipping the switch. And it's not false optimism. Early voting in Georgia is up 70 percent. Voter turnout may surprise us yet.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By lamprey263

@InEMplease: Georgia? I dunno, I mean barely squeaking by in a narrow race, against a guy just one hit to the head short of having a lobotomy. Democracy is hanging by a thread. And that's just Georgia, there's a lot more races around the country, and every one will be important. Chances are they they lose the house. That means Ukraine can look forwars to being annihilated by the Russians when McCarthy plays debt chicken. That'll be off to a great start.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Zaryia
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Of course it was, you interjected with a different argument which was being addressed.

That's literally not a straw-man...

Straw man - Wikipedia

Straw Man Fallacy | Excelsior Online Writing Lab

Interjecting a quote chain with an argument that was occurring concurrently to it and/or strongly related to it is not a Straw-Man. I was saying how your and JimB's posts helped our concurrent arguments. That's IT. And If you actually look at the core post of that huge quote chain you will see "Fire-emblem" making a false claim in the form of a whataboutism and false equivalency.

Not once did I mis-state your argument or claim you were the one who made a False Equivalency. THAT would have been a straw-man.

Sorry if you mis-read.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Probably should put away the alcohol however.

Flamebait. Breaking rule #1

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

^Anyway, back on thread topic. I'm glad we can both 100% agree on the actual thread debate. This is considerably more important than whatever the hell is going on prior to this sentence.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@zaryia said:

That's literally not a straw-man.....

Straw man - Wikipedia

Straw Man Fallacy | Excelsior Online Writing Lab

I was just saying how your and JimB's posts helped us. That's IT. Not once did I mis-state your argument or claim you were the one who made a False Equivalency. Nor was that ever my goal. You're making big deal out of nothing.

Aww he's trying to flamebait. Cute.😁

^Anyway, back on thread topic. I'm glad we can both 100% agree on the actual thread debate. This is considerably more important than whatever the hell is going on above this sentence.

It is, because you made a completely different argument in relation to mine after interjecting between Hoola and I's conversation, but copy and paste away? But yes, this is going in circles so we can agree to disagree on that observation.

Not sure how saying put the alcohol away means flamebaiting, the eccentric posting style was entertaining to read.

Not sure I would levy any importance on an internet discussion, but the internet is always serious business for folks; hence why we get such engrained and tribalistic mantras.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Zaryia
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

It is, because you made a completely different argument in relation to mine after interjecting between Hoola and I's conversation,

This simply isn't true going by any definition of straw-man I can find. I guess I'll keep googling?

Interjecting in a quote chain to tell you both links helped me & Hoola in the main thread "debate" is not a straw-man. Furthermore, the core post of that quote chain involved Fire-Emblem making a false claim, false equivalency, and whataboutism. There was a reason Hoola asked that question, it was important to reiterate why.

At no point did I distort or misinterpret your claim, I get that you were "correcting" Hoola rhetorical question. You weren't wrong. But that correction HELPED us in the main thread debate, that's ALL I'm saying. 🤦‍♂️

IE: There is no possible way this is a straw-man lol:

@zaryia said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: Pro tip Stevo. When all that's left for you to counter is semantics, you've lost.

Where's the semantics?

He could of asked knowing the answer was 3, which significantly helps solidify our factual point on false equivalencies.

🤦‍♂️

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Not sure I would levy any importance on an internet discussion, but the internet is always serious business for folks

It is very serious, and I won the actual thread.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@zaryia said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

It is, because you made a completely different argument in relation to mine after interjecting between Hoola and I's conversation,

This simply isn't true going by any definition of straw-man I can find. I guess I'll keep googling?

Interjecting in a quote chain to tell you both links helped me & Hoola in the main thread "debate" is not a straw-man. Furthermore, the core post of that quote chain involved Fire-Emblem making a false claim, false equivalency, and whataboutism. There was a reason Hoola asked that question, it was important to reiterate why.

At no point did I distort or misinterpret your claim, I get that you were "correcting" Hoola rhetorical question. You weren't wrong. But that correction HELPED us in the main thread debate, that's ALL I'm saying. 🤦‍♂️

IE: There is no possible way this is a straw-man lol:

🤦‍♂️

It is very serious, and I won the actual thread.

Like I said previously, this is going in circles so we can agree to disagree on that observation. You are free to keep googling if you so desire to expand the copy/paste clipboard however.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#119 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3867 Posts

In my home state of Pennsylvania all main in ballots must be dated to be counted. The Democrats have gone to court and had a judge rule the undated ballots can be counted. They are setting up to cheat in a close election already. Now you wonder why Republicans cry foul.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts
@JimB said:

In my home state of Pennsylvania all main in ballots must be dated to be counted. The Democrats have gone to court and had a judge rule the undated ballots can be counted. They are setting up to cheat in a close election already. Now you wonder why Republicans cry foul.

Jim it's not cheating to count votes. It's cheating when you suppress them Jim.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#121 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

As Hilary Clinton releases a video claiming "right wing extremists going to literally steal the election." Yeah, sure, it's all Republicans questioning election integrity as the Democrats are already doing it and we haven't even voted yet.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#122 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

@JimB said:

We know why you cry foul, because you guys are gullible enough to literally believe anything. What we wonder is why you think everyone else is just as stupid as you guys are to believe such obviously nonsense.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#123 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts

@eoten said:

As Hilary Clinton releases a video claiming "right wing extremists going to literally steal the election." Yeah, sure, it's all Republicans questioning election integrity as the Democrats are already doing it and we haven't even voted yet.

January 6th didn’t happen in your world view?

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Eoten
@JimB said:

Some people in Arizona are trying to get a judge to rule against having surveillance over mail-in drop boxes. Other states have tried creating so many drop boxes it'd be impossible for them all the be properly monitored against fraud or tampering.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 InEMplease

@eoten: And by “properly monitor” you mean a couple of goons hang around in full tactical gear with semi autos and pretend to be patriots. Thats suppression/intimidation for people living in the real world, and **** that.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Eoten
@InEMplease said:

@eoten: And by “properly monitor” you mean a couple of goons hang around in full tactical gear with semi autos and pretend to be patriots. Thats suppression/intimidation for people living in the real world, and **** that.

Hence the reason for more security and surveillance over a controlled number of drop box locations in order to prevent intimidation and/or tampering.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 InEMplease

@eoten: Like it matters. When your people lose they cry foul play regardless of evidence or a lack thereof. “Elections are rigged, unless we win, then they’re fine.” How honest.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8223 Posts

Will laugh when Democrats cry foul after getting BTFO in the midterms

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Eoten
@InEMplease said:

@eoten: Like it matters. When your people lose they cry foul play regardless of evidence or a lack thereof. “Elections are rigged, unless we win, then they’re fine.” How honest.

Which is word for word what I've heard Hillary supporters saying for four years. Romney voters for the 4 years prior, McCain voters the 4 years prior, Kerry voters the 4 years before that. Gore voters the 4 years prior to that. Noticing a pattern yet?

And since it looks like the DNC is going to get wrecked in a couple weeks, they're already trying to cast doubt and paranoia onto our election system. They are already claiming it's rigged, the other side is cheating.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 JimB

Hillary is claiming the Supreme court is going to let the state legislatures because many of them are controlled by Republicans, determine the results of the 2024 presidential election.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 JimB

@tjandmia said:
@JimB said:

We know why you cry foul, because you guys are gullible enough to literally believe anything. What we wonder is why you think everyone else is just as stupid as you guys are to believe such obviously nonsense.

Because we know who we are dealing with.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#132 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@horgen: No one cares about Jan 6, other than those that want to imprison people and show government authoritarian! The Dems thought that Jan 6 and Abortion will be their strongest points to win the midterms, but it’s the economy and they’re losing hard!

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 InEMplease

@eoten said:
@InEMplease said:

Which is word for word what I've heard Hillary supporters saying for four years. Romney voters for the 4 years prior, McCain voters the 4 years prior, Kerry voters the 4 years before that. Gore voters the 4 years prior to that. Noticing a pattern yet?

And since it looks like the DNC is going to get wrecked in a couple weeks, they're already trying to cast doubt and paranoia onto our election system. They are already claiming it's rigged, the other side is cheating.

That's just an outright lie, or you have no idea what you're talking about. Again you warp reality to justify the erosion of democracy.

You have republican candidates that are flat out saying they'll refuse the election results if they lose. Everything you describe, your side is doing. And please, show me a democratic nominee claiming it's rigged.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By InEMplease
@FireEmblem_Man said:

@horgen: No one cares about Jan 6, other than those that want to imprison people and show government authoritarian! The Dems thought that Jan 6 and Abortion will be their strongest points to win the midterms, but it’s the economy and they’re losing hard!

The Jan 6 mob was literally there so they could install an authoritarian. Is this a joke?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 FireEmblem_Man

@InEMplease said:
@eoten said:
@InEMplease said:

That's just an outright lie, or you have no idea what you're talking about. Again you warp reality to justify the erosion of democracy.

You have republican candidates that are flat out saying they'll refuse the election results if they lose. Everything you describe, your side is doing. And please, show me a democratic nominee claiming it's rigged.

You better believe that the Dems are going to lose bad in the House, and will struggle to keep the Senate, because people are pissed. Doesn't matter if one said about denying the election because Kari Lake is a heavy favorite and Dr. Oz is closing in on Fetterman, who's not healthy enough to be a Senate>

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 InEMplease

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@InEMplease said:
@eoten said:
@InEMplease said:

You better believe that the Dems are going to lose bad in the House, and will struggle to keep the Senate, because people are pissed. Doesn't matter if one said about denying the election because Kari Lake is a heavy favorite and Dr. Oz is closing in on Fetterman, who's not healthy enough to be a Senate>

Yeah, people are pissed. They're pissed a bunch of morons in red hats are trying to tear the country apart because the previous disgrace of a president is the biggest sore loser in history. Early voting turnout is at record numbers. We'll see how it plays out.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

Election denying politicians are why I do not trust vote by mail. Trump's whole thing (you know, before he tried to overthrow the election via riot) was to declare victory before the mail in ballots had time to be counted. If more people do that often enough we could be in a situation where in person voting is the primary way votes get counted.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#138 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58978 Posts

Of course.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 FireEmblem_Man

@InEMplease said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@InEMplease said:

Yeah, people are pissed. They're pissed a bunch of morons in red hats are trying to tear the country apart because the previous disgrace of a president is the biggest sore loser in history. Early voting turnout is at record numbers. We'll see how it plays out.

LOL no! We're not talking about Stacy Abrams or Hillary Clilnton here

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#140 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

Lol.

I love how Republicans try to draw equivalence between sporadic singular instances of democrats denying electoral outcomes against an entire party that has sworn and coalesced itself around a complete lie, who had, what, 100+ object to the electoral count? Wake me when the democrats storm our Capitol to smear their feces and urine on its walls while proclaiming they’re “making America great again”. 😂

When you are forced to pick out singular instances to try to mitigate essentially the bulk of your entire party from taking responsibility for swearing allegiance to shitting all over democracy and our Constitution, you’re far past reaching and are just pathetic.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8223 Posts

@MirkoS77: Democrats will blame everything but themselves when they loose. They will scream they were cheated, they will blame the Russians again.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#142 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts

@sargentd said:

@MirkoS77: Democrats will blame everything but themselves when they loose. They will scream they were cheated, they will blame the Russians again.

Projecting much?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

@sargentd said:

LOL That's what Republicans do. Then they attack the Capitol.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

High probability.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#145 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

So much hate on the Republicans, when people like Stacey Abrams still claim she won in 2018.

It's on both sides - Democrats are just as crazy as Republicans.

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts

Where did this idea that this is just a Republican phenomenon come from? I can look up on Google or Youtube, if they've not been scrubbed from there, videos and articles going back over 20 years, from both sides, saying the same thing.

It's like accusing only one side of lying about their opponents. Like, yeah, you can say that, but no one serious is going to believe you over their own eyes and memory.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:

LOL That's what Republicans do. Then they attack the Capitol.

Every election business board up their windows for fear of Democrat violence.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#148 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

@Lotus-Edge said:

Where did this idea that this is just a Republican phenomenon come from? I can look up on Google or Youtube, if they've not been scrubbed from there, videos and articles going back over 20 years, from both sides, saying the same thing.

It's like accusing only one side of lying about their opponents. Like, yeah, you can say that, but no one serious is going to believe you over their own eyes and memory.

Nobody said it was exclusive to Republicans.

But there’s a vast difference between a few one-off outliers in a political party claiming electoral impropriety, vs. an entire political party that has sworn itself in allegiance to a con man, in the majority, to his false claims bereft of any and all evidence of that supposed impropriety in the attempt to leverage it to their advantage.

For all their faults, I do not see democrats, en masse, attempting to place election deniers in positions of influence over its outcome. I do not see democrats, en masse, objecting to the electoral college to stop a perfectly valid election. I do not see democrats, en masse, appealing to their constituents to sow doubts and disrepute in our process of democracy. Citing Stacy Abrams, no matter how many times, does not change this fact.

To claim that democrats are just as bad as republicans in electoral shenanigans is akin to claiming that one or two police officers are racists in a force is just as bad as having 75% of the force openly swear allegiance to the KKK. No, a few toadies can be easily dismissed in its consequence. A majority that holds such influence cannot.

It‘s not even comparable.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Eoten
@dabear said:

So much hate on the Republicans, when people like Stacey Abrams still claim she won in 2018.

It's on both sides - Democrats are just as crazy as Republicans.

Is she still making that claim?

Avatar image for fedorplaysgames
fedorPlaysGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By fedorPlaysGames
Member since 2022 • 5 Posts

You do realize that prior to him doing it that the democrats screamed it for years too both in 2016 and before..right? Its quite literally both parties and neither of them gives a shit about anyone in this comments section. Promise.