This topic is locked from further discussion.

417alum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 417alum
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts

madden 08's gunna own this year no matter what 4 the ps3 even if its 30fbs

EL_MEXICAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 EL_MEXICAN
Member since 2003 • 1440 Posts
I dont like football, but why is madden so especial?
417alum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 417alum
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts
its dominant and online is great August 14 Baby
rac_fan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 rac_fan12
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

I dont like football, but why is madden so especial?EL_MEXICAN

Your probably not american in america Football is like mexicos fiestas or something like that

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Bleh, CFL is better. NFL games are nothing but 3 hour commercials

"this kick is brought to you by.."

"this catch is brought to you by.."

"this thorw is brought to you by.."

Then you got captian obvious John Madden with stupid comments like "If the guy throws a ball 2 yards, you gotta catch it from 2 yards away!" amongst his other meathead comments and "tips" LOL

Dante865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dante865
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts

"American Football" is Rugby

Football is "Soccer"

Why do Americans try make themselves Seperate and Unique :|

Madden Sucks..

Tha_lazyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Tha_lazyboi
Member since 2003 • 3096 Posts

417alum

Will prob be the same like every game.

trex05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 trex05
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

Football is "Soccer"

Madden Sucks..

Dante865

wow thats a pretty stupid comment

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

Rugby is 10 X better tha American Football, and Football is 1000000000000X better than American Football.

American Football is like a bizarre freak of nature born from Rugby thats played more slowly (every 10 secs its stopped) and is only appealing to a minority. Rugby and Football (north americans call this soccer) are much more appealing and better sports.

Go Pumas Go Argentina !!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for thetombradyhate
thetombradyhate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 thetombradyhate
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Football is "Soccer"

Madden Sucks..

Dante865
First of all football is very different. Second of all we are seperate unique and superior (jking on this part). Third of all Madden does not suck.
rm_fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rm_fc
Member since 2006 • 455 Posts
^^ u r absulotly right about football (soccer) but not the rugby :D
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts
Why must everything turn into a war of countries? All the topic creator tried to say is that Madden will be great, and yet people have to turn it into something ugly. These forums get worse and worse by the day.:(
Avatar image for 5FingersOfDeath
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 5FingersOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 1114 Posts
Why must everything turn into a war of countries? All the topic creator tried to say is that Madden will be great, and yet people have to turn it into something ugly. These forums get worse and worse by the day.:(nyc05

I like gum.
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Why everybody call americans to people who lives in the US? cuz everybody that lives in this part of the world is an american you know... cuba, chile, mexico, jamaica, puerto rico... but if you wanna draw a line then people from the US are north americans not plain americans cuz we all are from America...

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Denji

Why everybody call americans to people who lives in the US? cuz everybody that lives in this part of the world is an american you know... cuba, chile, mexico, jamaica, puerto rico... but if you wanna draw a line then people from the US are north americans not plain americans cuz we all are from America...

Gue1

Yeah but it's the United States that took that word to discribe it's citizens. Just the same as I'm a Canadian. Someone from Mexico is a Mexican. Can't really say you're a United Statesian or something. Besides, there's a stereotype to the word "American" and there's no way in hell I'm one of them.

Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shinedown220
Member since 2007 • 1181 Posts

Then you got captian obvious John Madden with stupid comments like "If the guy throws a ball 2 yards, you gotta catch it from 2 yards away!" amongst his other meathead comments and "tips" LOL

Denji

Yeah, and then you woke up!

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts

Why must everything turn into a war of countries? All the topic creator tried to say is that Madden will be great, and yet people have to turn it into something ugly. These forums get worse and worse by the day.:(nyc05

i agree completly who cares just say if u think madden will be good i think it will be okay

mitchconlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 mitchconlin
Member since 2005 • 1218 Posts

Denji

lol there is so much wrong with the cfl that i cant even argue this

Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shinedown220

Football is "Soccer"

Madden Sucks..

Dante865

Because were awesome. Real Football can only be played in the States, no 3 o'clock tea for us.

Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shinedown220

Rugby is 10 X better tha American Football, and Football is 1000000000000X better than American Football.

American Football is like a bizarre freak of nature born from Rugby thats played more slowly (every 10 secs its stopped) and is only appealing to a minority. Rugby and Football (north americans call this soccer) are much more appealing and better sports.

kenshinhimura16

And then you woke up! Rugby and soccer better tnah Football, I laugh at your stupidity, HaHaHa.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Denji
[QUOTE="Denji"]

Shinedown220

Yeah, and then you woke up!

LOL Calm down. I don't even care about football LOL

Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shinedown220

Gue1

Not my America. USA all the way.

Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shinedown220
[QUOTE="Gue1"]

Denji

Yeah but it's the United States that took that word to discribe it's citizens. Just the same as I'm a Canadian. Someone from Mexico is a Mexican. Can't really say you're a United Statesian or something. Besides, there's a stereotype to the word "American" and there's no way in hell I'm one of them.

Blame Canada! Eh!!!

pokerchamp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pokerchamp1
Member since 2005 • 1419 Posts
[QUOTE="Dante865"]

Football is "Soccer"

Madden Sucks..

trex05

wow thats a pretty stupid comment

No, it really was'nt. Yours was in the fact that you're calling a exact fact........Umm what was it, oh yeah Stupid?? Wow yo.
walton13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 walton13
Member since 2005 • 2171 Posts
As an American who doesn't like madden or "American" football for that matter, I can honestly say that Football is one of the most popular sports in the world. 500 Million people watch the superbowl, and yet theres only 300 million American Citezens... so where'd the rest come from.

To make this clear I am not putting down Football OR Football (Soccer to me), but yes Madden 08 will probably be better this year as they add new things into the mix, but no one can say Football is "dumb" or "unpopular" because The madden series sells about 7 million copies EVERY YEAR.
aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts

Football is "Soccer"

Madden Sucks..

Dante865

Because they're all emo! I'm American BTW and I still don't understand why they want to use different measurements and stuff.

EL_MEXICAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 EL_MEXICAN
Member since 2003 • 1440 Posts

[QUOTE="EL_MEXICAN"]I dont like football, but why is madden so especial?rac_fan12

Your probably not american in america Football is like mexicos fiestas or something like that

Maybe a bit more like soccer

gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts
America has changed a lot. It used to be about team work. Now it's about individuals (stars). Futball is about teamwork. Football is about individuals (Payton Manning). Sure, the USA sports requires teammates. But the emphasis is on stardom. Not teamwork. A good futball game in Europe can be 90 mininutes and score 1-0. In the USA, we like our NFL 42-34 scores. In the NBA, we like our 148-136 scores. In the MLB, we like our 12-8 scores. American's just don't have the patients for 90 minutes futball games in which it requires TEAMwork and scores only 1 point. We want it NOW! LIke McDonnals fast-food. Tasty, but not so good for you.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Denji

America has changed a lot. It used to be about team work. Now it's about individuals (stars). Futball is about teamwork. Football is about individuals (Payton Manning). Sure, the USA sports requires teammates. But the emphasis is on stardom. Not teamwork. A good futball game in Europe can be 90 mininutes and score 1-0. In the USA, we like our NFL 42-34 scores. In the NBA, we like our 148-136 scores. In the MLB, we like our 12-8 scores. American's just don't have the patients for 90 minutes futball games in which it requires TEAMwork and scores only 1 point. We want it NOW! LIke McDonnals fast-food. Tasty, but not so good for you.gizmo_logix

More to the point, attention spans. But well said. I may not be a Futball (soccor) fan but I get your point.

gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts

[QUOTE="gizmo_logix"]America has changed a lot. It used to be about team work. Now it's about individuals (stars). Futball is about teamwork. Football is about individuals (Payton Manning). Sure, the USA sports requires teammates. But the emphasis is on stardom. Not teamwork. A good futball game in Europe can be 90 mininutes and score 1-0. In the USA, we like our NFL 42-34 scores. In the NBA, we like our 148-136 scores. In the MLB, we like our 12-8 scores. American's just don't have the patients for 90 minutes futball games in which it requires TEAMwork and scores only 1 point. We want it NOW! LIke McDonnals fast-food. Tasty, but not so good for you.Denji

More to the point, attention spans. But well said. I may not be a Futball (soccor) fan but I get your point.

I lived in the UK during the Eurocup. And I understood what great futball was about. It's not about scoring. It's about winning as a team. The great part of the game is seeing each team play as a unit. The score is just the bonus of all the hardwork. I used to care about them not scoring enough. But now all I care about is watchimg them play the game regardless if they score or not.
Perception1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Perception1
Member since 2006 • 1010 Posts

Football is "Soccer"

Madden Sucks..

Dante865

Im not American, but that's just dumb. And American Football Isn't Rugby at all.

cnsstar6038

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cnsstar6038
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

how many changes has their been between madden 07 and 08???

snwboardn08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 snwboardn08
Member since 2006 • 979 Posts

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

what is with all this **** somebody please make a new topic where you can all brag about how your sport is better and how another country *****. Please im tiered of people backlashing and then the thread turns into a war. Its just stupid. Id say cant we all get along but no because people cant accept other peoples opinions without saying something. And I dont care what you think im just cant believe how some people cant just keep it to themselves.

Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shinedown220
[QUOTE="Dante865"]

Football is "Soccer"

Madden Sucks..

aznfool07

Because they're all emo! I'm American BTW and I still don't understand why they want to use different measurements and stuff.

What?

Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shinedown220

America has changed a lot. It used to be about team work. Now it's about individuals (stars). Futball is about teamwork. Football is about individuals (Payton Manning). Sure, the USA sports requires teammates. But the emphasis is on stardom. Not teamwork. A good futball game in Europe can be 90 mininutes and score 1-0. In the USA, we like our NFL 42-34 scores. In the NBA, we like our 148-136 scores. In the MLB, we like our 12-8 scores. American's just don't have the patients for 90 minutes futball games in which it requires TEAMwork and scores only 1 point. We want it NOW! LIke McDonnals fast-food. Tasty, but not so good for you.gizmo_logix

In other words we like our sports entertaining. Who the hell wants to watch a game for 90 min. and have it end 0-0. Not Americans.

Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shinedown220
[QUOTE="Denji"]

[QUOTE="gizmo_logix"]America has changed a lot. It used to be about team work. Now it's about individuals (stars). Futball is about teamwork. Football is about individuals (Payton Manning). Sure, the USA sports requires teammates. But the emphasis is on stardom. Not teamwork. A good futball game in Europe can be 90 mininutes and score 1-0. In the USA, we like our NFL 42-34 scores. In the NBA, we like our 148-136 scores. In the MLB, we like our 12-8 scores. American's just don't have the patients for 90 minutes futball games in which it requires TEAMwork and scores only 1 point. We want it NOW! LIke McDonnals fast-food. Tasty, but not so good for you.gizmo_logix

I lived in the UK during the Eurocup. And I understood what great futball was about. It's not about scoring. It's about winning as a team. The great part of the game is seeing each team play as a unit. The score is just the bonus of all the hardwork. I used to care about them not scoring enough. But now all I care about is watchimg them play the game regardless if they score or not.

Have fun, bud.

DarkGnome55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DarkGnome55
Member since 2003 • 214 Posts
hahahahah ok moron have fun watching a full "soccer" match with noone scoring... as if its not boring enough to watch with them scoring, without them scoring its as fun to watch as lifetime or something
snwboardn08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 snwboardn08
[QUOTE="snwboardn08"]

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

what is with all this **** somebody please make a new topic where you can all brag about how your sport is better and how another country *****. Please im tiered of people backlashing and then the thread turns into a war. Its just stupid. Id say cant we all get along but no because people cant accept other peoples opinions without saying something. And I dont care what you think im just cant believe how some people cant just keep it to themselves.

Shinedown220

Ah, go back to France with your tail between your legs.

Im an american a**h***

its people like you who ruin this forum

bsbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bsbowman
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts
I have nothing again soccer/football, but to all the American football haters, I can only say that it's true American football is hard to get into.  It is slower than almost any other sport (except baseball), and the rules are confusing until you know them.  What you might be missing is the huge mental aspect to the game.  More so than any other physical sport, American football is about strategy and gameplanning.  

If you're completely honest with yourselves, I think you must realize that there's a reason it's by far the most popular sport over here, just like there's a reason you guys like the game we call soccer.
ranman1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ranman1990
Member since 2006 • 295 Posts
madden is a good game .... and this country war was sumthing i saw comming becuase in the UK and in Southern America they concentrate more on "football" ( Soccer) and the States made Football bigger and better then Canada did ( even though Canada invented the sport).CFL ison adifferent level then NFL .... basically if one team from CFL faced a team from NFL. CFL would get absolutly pummeled i kno that for a fact becuase iwatchCanadian and American Football and NFL is just funner to watch lol
12elic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 12elic_
Member since 2006 • 101 Posts

well i'm American but i prefer baseball to football but i like football second don't care for hockey or basketball

soccer probally third in my book n i was a keeper for 10 years

baseball is a religous experience for me everytime i got to wrigley field

i belive this same experience is why the rest of the world likes soccer

each sport cast shadows n shares the brightest spots of each countries history

iraq for example with thier soccer game played a week ago will be remembered by many

as a huge step towards something great for every iraqi citzen it's something to be proud of.

sports are about team and any fan no matter where you live or what sport you like

will include sporting moments as some of thier fondest memory's.

Ultra-Alue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ultra-Alue
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

417alum

No one cares.

People are far more interested in Metal Gear Solid 4, Lair, Warhawk, Killzone 2, and Little Big Planet. Ya know, actually important games.

Theendgamelv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Theendgamelv3
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

David Beckem disagrees with you. American Football IS about team work. Payton Manning doesn't go out on defense, Payton Manning doesn't catch his own passes, Payton Manning doesn't go out there like a running back. OF COURSE the NFL markets it stars like how David Beckem was marketed in the world from Europe. You can't disagee with me and say David Beckem ISN'T the biggest or at the very most, well known soccer player in the world. If it is all about teams, you wouldn't EVEN know about David Beckem. You know about him and ANY other star cause THEY stand out as indivduals in their respective sports for being so great. They are stars that USE their teams and make their teams better. The Indianapolis Colts won the Superbowl, not the Indianapolis Payton Mannings. If it wasn't for some of his teammates like, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, etc. he wouldn't EVEN touch a Super Bowl. Let me put it to you this way, against the Kansas City Chiefs, Payton Manning threw 3 Interceptions, BUT his team won. If there wasn't any teamwork in the NFL, the Colts would have lost DUE to Manning's poor play. However the rest of his team played pretty well, like the defense who stopped Larry Johnson, one of the best running backs in the NFL. Teamwork IS required in the NFL and just because the NFL markets its stars, doesn't mean they don't look at teamwork, cause they HAVE TO.

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
[QUOTE="kenshinhimura16"]

Shinedown220

And then you woke up! Rugby and soccer better tnah Football, I laugh at your stupidity, HaHaHa.

Your ignorance is funny. Rugby and Football (soccer) are the 2 most watched events in the world. USA is not the center f the world kid. Just for you info, the Rugby world cup was last years most watched event globally, go suck it up.

finalsquall76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 finalsquall76
Member since 2006 • 199 Posts

Football is "Soccer"

Madden Sucks..

Dante865

Rugby is totally different from gridiron. First of all Rugby is fast and no armour! Rubgy is better :P

snwboardn08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 snwboardn08
holy crap when will the bickering end hey guess what NOBODY CARES nobody wants to listen to people argue so shut up
Thigeic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 Thigeic
Member since 2004 • 1083 Posts

Why do you call it football? Becouse you use your legs to run and carry the ball for the most part? I never got the name for it. Football is the thing we play with or feets, or so i would belive.

And for you Shinedown220. What are you talking about? tea? Only england do that... Gorgot about the remaining 700 millions of us here?

Madden 08 will probebly be fun, but unfortunatly, i get so fast tierd of the madden games..

sammysalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sammysalsa
Member since 2004 • 1832 Posts
whats stupid is calling american 'football' football, seeing as you pretty much dont even use your feet