GUILD WARS MEGA-THREAD - See 1st page for helpful info

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#301 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts
Hey, I'm wondering, does Guild Wars have monthly payments like WOW or not. If it has monthly payments I'm not getting it but if you just have to buy the game I will Thanks.
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#302 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

If you took the time to look at the first page you would know the answer. :wink:

But Guild Wars is all about online gaming with no fees, and it does it very well.

tomjacobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#303 tomjacobs
Member since 2003 • 462 Posts

To Kpsting:

If that's really what you were saying before, I apologize for having called you a troll.

I interpreted your post in the context of the old "skill vs. gear" gameplay discussion. Talking of which it's clear to all GW players that GW items are mostly a matter of decoration and customizing your character, as most greens can be reproduced with a trader weapon and 2 mods. The core gameplay doesn't depend on it, it depends on skill. But of course lots of people find having nice weapons an important part of the game anyway.

Sorry again,

T.

edit: damn the quotes aren't working for some reason

LuffyTubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#304 LuffyTubby
Member since 2006 • 741 Posts

got my 15k finally:p

voodoo1032801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 voodoo1032801
Member since 2006 • 58 Posts

I hear you man , Every time I go into ascalon or kyrta is all this WTS & WTB Spam even when I put on the filtering!

I'm really getting sick of it and whats with no events on the original. I really hate to cross to WoW cause there is some good **** over there ( three hundred Horde member fight against the Alliance that rocks!).

Yea I heard GP Addicts comment, But they could at least try some more events on the original thats all I'm asking for. YEA YEA we all know WoW is awesome and stuff but I'm 100% sure if areanet puts a little more umf into Guild wars they could out sell WoW.

I'm not gonna cross or turn away anytime soon but I must say Guild Wars is in need of a huge overdose to catch up to the other games.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19587 Posts
Thinking of the lack of events in Tyria, does anyone else think that the Halloween event (which they have to have, right?) will be Nightfall-only?
Avatar image for karimbissar1992
karimbissar1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 karimbissar1992
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Congratulations for the 15k!
imho 15k kurzick is the best
i dont understand why warriors buy fow armor because i think it looks crap! (just an opinion)
Was wondering if anyone here thinks rangers are the best ?
Very hard to play but well worth it, great sense of accomplishment
Avatar image for karimbissar1992
karimbissar1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 karimbissar1992
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
im almost 100% the halloween event WILL be nightfall only.... thats why im dying to get nightfall.
and i think guilds wars is much better than WoW and i have played WoW and i hated it.
Especially those stupid ogre/orcs who scratch their heads and do nothing... urrghhh !
I also find this level thing annoying on GS because im not a level 3 noooob !
grrrr!:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
Im guessing itll be a repeat of the 2005 event just as the Factions dragon event will be.
tic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 tic12
Member since 2006 • 163 Posts

whats a good build for ele/necro ?

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 teebeenz
Seems quoting is dead. Odd. This is in ref to the fees question. It does in some places, but not in most.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
Writtin by karimbissar 1992:

i dont understand why warriors buy fow armor because i think it looks crap! (just an opinion)

END what karimbissar 1992 wrote.

Whats funny, is it sounds like YOU need the huge catch up. As in catch up and get the expansions and stop complaining because the world left you behind. You sound like somebody still trying to hold onto the dream of the 8 track player making a comeback. You have to keep up if you don't want to fall behind and have to play "catch up". It isn't anets thats fallen behind, it is you.
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

Writtin by karimbissar 1992:

Whats funny, is it sounds like YOU need the huge catch up. As in catch up and get the expansions and stop complaining because the world left you behind. You sound like somebody still trying to hold onto the dream of the 8 track player making a comeback. You have to keep up if you don't want to fall behind and have to play "catch up". It isn't anets thats fallen behind, it is you.
l-_-l

if i wanna write my letters to my girl in iambic pentameter, nobody has the right to tell me that i cannot ( well, except her ). likewise, i don't care what you think about me and my liking, no more than i care about your 15k ego amplifier.

what's the point of buying expansion from a company, which uses your money only to kowtow to new players, mostly ill mannered dickwad like you? i might as well spend my money some other games that won't have me buy its expansion when i want to forge a new set of armour. you can keep your 15k, your Factions, and your opinion to your Xunlai whore, no thanks. :|

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 l-_-l

[QUOTE="l-_-l"]Writtin by karimbissar 1992:

Jinroh_basic

if i wanna write my letters to my girl in iambic pentameter, nobody has the right to tell me that i cannot ( well, except her ). likewise, i don't care what you think about me and my liking, no more than i care about your 15k ego amplifier.

what's the point of buying expansion from a company, which uses your money only to kowtow to new players, mostly ill mannered dickwad like you? i might as well spend my money some other games that won't have me buy its expansion when i want to forge a new set of armour. you can keep your 15k, your Factions, and your opinion to your Xunlai whore, no thanks. :|

Hey retard can you please start making some freakin sinse. WTF are you saying. What the hell does your girl, iambic pentameter (whatever the hell that is), writting to her, or 15k ego amplifier (again, whatever that is) have to do with anything I said. And for that matter whats does 15k armor have to do with anything I said. God your an idiot. Just STFU while your at it because I have know clue wtf your talking about. Your completely lost in your own little world, and TRUST me, your the only one there. Go back to school and learn english. And while your at it, stick to the topic because your rambling on about your girl and all that other crap just lost me...........................Not to mention I wasn't even talking to you so press on and stop making a ass of yourself.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 Jinroh_basic
[QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

l-_-l

if i wanna write my letters to my girl in iambic pentameter, nobody has the right to tell me that i cannot ( well, except her ). likewise, i don't care what you think about me and my liking, no more than i care about your 15k ego amplifier.

what's the point of buying expansion from a company, which uses your money only to kowtow to new players, mostly ill mannered dickwad like you? i might as well spend my money some other games that won't have me buy its expansion when i want to forge a new set of armour. you can keep your 15k, your Factions, and your opinion to your Xunlai whore, no thanks. :|

Hey retard can you please start making some freakin sinse. WTF are you saying. What the hell does your girl, iambic pentameter (whatever the hell that is), writting to her, or 15k ego amplifier (again, whatever that is) have to do with anything I said. And for that matter whats does 15k armor have to do with anything I said. God your an idiot. Just STFU while your at it because I have know clue wtf your talking about. Your completely lost in your own little world, and TRUST me, your the only one there. Go back to school and learn english. And while your at it, stick to the topic because your rambling on about your girl and all that other crap just lost me...........................Not to mention I wasn't even talking to you so press on and stop making a ass of yourself.

oh, so you're not talking to me. wow, sorry, that was uncalled for. i thought you were reacting to my earlier post. gee....really sorry. my bad completely. pardon my temper, which is very bad when provoked ( or thought provoked )..... :oops: yea, i was making an ass of myself. sorry~~

iambic pentameter is...well...irrelevant. i apologize for my stupidity, mate. no hard feelings?

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 l-_-l
[QUOTE="l-_-l"][QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

Jinroh_basic

oh, so you're not talking to me. wow, sorry, that was uncalled for. i thought you were reacting to my earlier post. gee....really sorry. my bad completely. pardon my temper, which is very bad when provoked ( or thought provoked )..... :oops: yea, i was making an ass of myself. sorry~~

iambic pentameter is...well...irrelevant. i apologize for my stupidity, mate. no hard feelings?

lol it's all good, you just lost me for a minute there :P
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 Jinroh_basic

yea, sorry folks...i have a dwarf's temper... :oops:

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 GPAddict

Jinroh_basic

So this is what happens while I'm stuck in pre-sear collecting dyes galore! :)

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 l-_-l
[QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

GPAddict

Why are you in pre-searing collecting dyes? You can get them in post also.
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 GPAddict
[QUOTE="GPAddict"][QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

l-_-l

Becuase I just got Prophecies (wanted to try out a monk character), and I was getting dyes left and right, I got 1 black, 6 silvers, 4 red, and numerous blue, yellow, and greens in about 4 days. So I extended my stay. :)

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 l-_-l
[QUOTE="l-_-l"][QUOTE="GPAddict"][QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

GPAddict

Becuase I just got Prophecies (wanted to try out a monk character), and I was getting dyes left and right, I got 1 black, 6 silvers, 4 red, and numerous blue, yellow, and greens in about 4 days. So I extended my stay. :)

Two weekends ago, I got 3 black dye in 2 days. Just got Prophecies.....you only had Factions? Man you are in for a treat if you like pve, because the pve in Factions really sucks compared to Prophecies. And plan on it taking ALOT longer to beat compared to Factions.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 teebeenz
[QUOTE="GPAddict"][QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

l-_-l

Higher drop rate in Pre
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 l-_-l
[QUOTE="l-_-l"][QUOTE="GPAddict"][QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

teebeenz

Higher drop rate in Pre

I have to HIGHLY disagree. I get more dyes in post than I did in pre. There is no dofference in drop rate, thats just a rumor that you obviously bought into.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 teebeenz
[QUOTE="l-_-l"] Higher drop rate in Pre

I have to HIGHLY disagree. I get more dyes in post than I did in pre. There is no dofference in drop rate, thats just a rumor that you obviously bought into.

No its legit, been that way since day one which is why Dye farmers farm there and not in post.
dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts
[QUOTE="teebeenz"][QUOTE="l-_-l"] Higher drop rate in Pre

No its legit, been that way since day one which is why Dye farmers farm there and not in post.

Yeah ive gotten plenty more drops in Pre, but maybe 5 in the whole post campaign.
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 GPAddict
[QUOTE="GPAddict"][QUOTE="l-_-l"][QUOTE="GPAddict"][QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

l-_-l

Becuase I just got Prophecies (wanted to try out a monk character), and I was getting dyes left and right, I got 1 black, 6 silvers, 4 red, and numerous blue, yellow, and greens in about 4 days. So I extended my stay. :)

Two weekends ago, I got 3 black dye in 2 days. Just got Prophecies.....you only had Factions? Man you are in for a treat if you like pve, because the pve in Factions really sucks compared to Prophecies. And plan on it taking ALOT longer to beat compared to Factions.

Dang 3 blacks in 2 days! Where you get them at?

And oh ya don't hate... :)

voodoo1032801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 voodoo1032801
Member since 2006 • 58 Posts

You no guys I was wondering why did you choose Guild Wars over World of Warcraft?

(just a Question, no harm done)

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 Planeforger
Anyone else notice the abnormally high dye drop rate during the Nightfall preview event? I found at least nine silver dyes, and one red dye during the event.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 l-_-l
[QUOTE="l-_-l"][QUOTE="GPAddict"][QUOTE="l-_-l"][QUOTE="GPAddict"][QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

GPAddict

Dang 3 blacks in 2 days! Where you get them at?

And oh ya don't hate... :)

I got them in different areas. I got one in Pongmei Valley, one outside the Monastary, and one in a mission on Prophecies. I get dye drops all the time. I still don't believe those other 2 guys. I get ALOT of dye drops in post and when I was in pre I didn't get as many. I get about 3-6 dyes a day easy and I mainly AB, so I don't get to farm much. Aint saying they are wrong, just saying I don't believe them. I have roughly about 60-70 dyes on me now and all from post.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 l-_-l

You no guys I was wondering why did you choose Guild Wars over World of Warcraft?

voodoo1032801

Are you still wondering? I like Guild Wars over WoW because I don't want to spend soooooooooooooooo much time just trying to reach the next lvl. I want great, not good PvP. I don't want to have all the extra none needed crap thats involved in the micromanagment in WoW. The fighting system to me is way better in GW vs. WoW. You just have to waste away so much of your life with WoW if you want to be good at the game and really get anywhere. In GW it's not like that. And plus I am not willing to pay to play for any game period at anytime. I payed my $50 for the game and thats all I am willing to pay for a game. I don't like games so much that I am willing to pay all that money every year just to play the same game that I already purchased once. Oh and the graphics (which aren't all that important to me) are better in GW vs. WoW. I don't have to worry about others stealing my kills that I don't even know or stealing my drops. GW is just a all around well balanced game that focuses on skill more than lvling. See to people that like WoW more, it's all about lvling. With people that like GW more, It's all about skill and who is actually the better player. Theres no real end to WoW so you never really feel like you accomplished anything. After you beat GW you do, and you still have the PvP part to keep you happy. Whats does WoW have (I consider WoW's PvP a joke considering the combat system itself isn't all that great)? More dungeons..........I am good, no thinks. Plus you can always farm in GW like in WoW if that really is your thing. And how about way better A.I. I couldn't believe how stupid the foes were in WoW when I watched somebody play, man thats sad.

Xaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 Xaiden
Member since 2006 • 260 Posts
hey all , i know this is offtopic , but i used to play guild wars the original i had a ascended warrior monk and then left the gaem due to new games and my clan leaving to play mainly on the new one factions i think theres one called nightfall . was wondering if its worth getting back into like is factions worth it or will night fall be good btw can i use my char on these games any one whos played knows how long it takes to get a char to lv20 short of useing tip and tricks
linmukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#333 linmukai
Member since 2003 • 600 Posts

Thanks for all the helpful links in the original post.

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 GPAddict

Thanks for all the helpful links in the original post.

linmukai

No problem. You are very welcome. This is why I created this Megathread in the first place. Feel free to post here with anything you cant find or figure out.

dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 dragonball3900
hey all , i know this is offtopic , but i used to play guild wars the original i had a ascended warrior monk and then left the gaem due to new games and my clan leaving to play mainly on the new one factions i think theres one called nightfall . was wondering if its worth getting back into like is factions worth it or will night fall be good btw can i use my char on these games any one whos played knows how long it takes to get a char to lv20 short of useing tip and tricksXaiden
I think Nightfall will be better then Factions, and Prophecies the best of the 3. And yes you can transfer characters between the 3.
MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts

You no guys I was wondering why did you choose Guild Wars over World of Warcraft?

voodoo1032801

I started playing Guild Wars first and I tried the WoW trial and it was trash compared to Guild Wars + I had to pay for it. I would much rather play Guild Wars the more fun of the two and not have to pay the monthly fee. Guild Wars also is a much better thought out game that WoW. It feels alot more polished and it suits my play style.
radical_punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#337 radical_punk
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts
does anyone know how good the ati radeon x1300 pro would run guild wars? and how it compares to the geforce 6200?
radical_punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#338 radical_punk
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts
does anyone know how good the ati radeon x1300 pro would run guild wars? and how it compares to the geforce 6200?
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 l-_-l
does anyone know how good the ati radeon x1300 pro would run guild wars? and how it compares to the geforce 6200?radical_punk
Why did you post the samething twice?
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 l-_-l
does anyone know how good the ati radeon x1300 pro would run guild wars? and how it compares to the geforce 6200?radical_punk
Why did you post the samething twice?
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 teebeenz
Okay, time to update the first post GPAddict. Guild Wars PvP Editions now on sale. You buy it for less, get PvP only. More information is due soon. Okay dont add it to the front page, its such a massive ripoff its not even worth knowing it exists.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 Planeforger
Got Factions Collector's Edition. Can't play it yet. Impatiently waiting.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 teebeenz
I got Nightfall today as well, big tip for everyone. The Datfile on the nightfall disk is a complete, decompressed dat file of a recent build so swap it for your current dat file and youll save space and time. Had about a 4meg update and that was it for me.
dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 dragonball3900
I got Nightfall today as well, big tip for everyone. The Datfile on the nightfall disk is a complete, decompressed dat file of a recent build so swap it for your current dat file and youll save space and time. Had about a 4meg update and that was it for me.teebeenz
You got Nightfall? The game, or the pre-release thing?
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 GPAddict
My NightFall Pre-Order with Bonus pack I got for $43.29 shipped, shipped today so hopefully have it on Friday!!!
kpsting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 kpsting
Member since 2005 • 2452 Posts
I got Nightfall today as well, big tip for everyone. The Datfile on the nightfall disk is a complete, decompressed dat file of a recent build so swap it for your current dat file and youll save space and time. Had about a 4meg update and that was it for me.teebeenz

ummm... i received NF today and there were 3 CDs there so there is no way they can have a complete GW build on them.
as i understand you were talking about a DVD version. ZOMG?! there is a DVD version? i got screwed then?
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 teebeenz
[QUOTE="teebeenz"]I got Nightfall today as well, big tip for everyone. The Datfile on the nightfall disk is a complete, decompressed dat file of a recent build so swap it for your current dat file and youll save space and time. Had about a 4meg update and that was it for me.kpsting

ummm... i received NF today and there were 3 CDs there so there is no way they can have a complete GW build on them.
as i understand you were talking about a DVD version. ZOMG?! there is a DVD version? i got screwed then?

yes a DVD. and yes the full version.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 Planeforger
Collector's Edition is on DVD, yeah.

Oh, and check out the Game Updates page on the GW website - but watch out, the massive update will surely cause you to wet yourself!
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 teebeenz
The update is massive to say the least :) New armor system, new weapons system, new dye system, new dmg system, new dye colours, new everything.
tomjacobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 tomjacobs
Member since 2003 • 462 Posts

The update is massive to say the least :) New armor system, new weapons system, new dye system, new dmg system, new dye colours, new everything.teebeenz

Yeah. I couldn't believe my eyes reading that update. So much great stuff !

Although the weapons system leaves me in doubt : it seems as if they're streamlining all the (inherent) mods to make them fit into the inscriptions system. This means doing away with some rare mods and reducing variety. That would be too bad. Also, if you can swap every mod there is, what's the point going after a specific weapon ? The only criteria left will be the skin. (btw by mods in this case I mean the inherent weapon bonuses that couldn't be salvaged up 'till now).

What do you guys think about this ?