GUILD WARS MEGA-THREAD - See 1st page for helpful info

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#201 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

this new guildwars thread is so cool. ive been playing guild wars over a year now. guildwars nightfall gonna be a big sell for Ncsoft website. am hoping its gonna sell more than guildwars factions i cant wait.steveosandwich

I think NightFall will definately outsell Factions, but to outsell WoW would be quite a feat.

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 GPAddict

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/guildwarscampaign3/news.html?sid=6159003

Guild Wars Nightfall Updated Impressions - Heroes, Quests, and Setting

We talked with ArenaNet co-founder Jeff Strain to get the lowdown on the upcoming chapter of Guild Wars.By Jason Ocampo, GameSpotPosted Sep 28, 2006 7:25 pm CT

Mognon_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 Mognon_Man
Member since 2006 • 176 Posts
Guild Wars Rocks and anyone who says the opposite isn't...well...is a moron!!!!
General-Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 General-Havoc
Member since 2006 • 161 Posts
The new ai for the heros of nightfall is awesome.

In the beginning they have the same lvl of ai as henchies, but when i customise them by giving them select skills, set their attributed and change their weapons they actualy learn your patterns!

In combat u can open up their skill bar and actually more or less fully control them.

They learn your pattern when u keep controlling them and there is no longer a need for u to intervene in how they work.

A guildie managed to turn that monk hero into a boon prot, that blessed everyone just before a fight and cancelled all enchantments after the battle ends so it can conserve its energy.

NIGHTFALL IS GONNA ROCK!!!
kpsting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 kpsting
Member since 2005 • 2452 Posts
noticably in NF they gave up on the idea of giving thousands of exp. points for even the most mundane and boring quests (vide Factions). It should prolong the PvE experience a bit
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
noticably in NF they gave up on the idea of giving thousands of exp. points for even the most mundane and boring quests (vide Factions). It should prolong the PvE experience a bitkpsting
Actualy I reached lvl 20 almost twice dueing the 3 day weekend, so there was plenty of exp to find.
kpsting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 kpsting
you reached that starting from lvl 1?
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
[QUOTE="kpsting"]noticably in NF they gave up on the idea of giving thousands of exp. points for even the most mundane and boring quests (vide Factions). It should prolong the PvE experience a bitteebeenz
Actualy I reached lvl 20 almost twice dueing the 3 day weekend, so there was plenty of exp to find.

lol then you just played WAY WAY to much. I spent a crap load of time on there and didn't get one char to lvl 20. They do give that notice to take a break for a reason.
siskokidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#209 siskokidd
Member since 2006 • 436 Posts

l-_-l
lol then you just played WAY WAY to much. I spent a crap load of time on there and didn't get one char to lvl 20. They do give that notice to take a break for a reason.

ya i totally agree lol u play way too much

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19574 Posts
Hmm...I only got my character to lvl 17, but I finished almost every quest in the event (except for that bloody Assault on Beknur Harbour quest!!).
The pacing is slower than Factions, but still much faster than Prophecies.
chris_beeley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 chris_beeley
Member since 2005 • 51 Posts

Please help somebody-

I have been playing Factions (although I have prophecies too) and I had an A/Rt. Somehow I "turned off" the Rt skills (I vaguely remember doing it) and now I just show up as an A and I don't have any access to Rt skills.

I know when I complete the game I can go to the temple of Balthazar and change my secondary there, but playing with one profession, while rewarding, is tough (few heal or protection spells).

Any advice?

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 GPAddict

Please help somebody-

I have been playing Factions (although I have prophecies too) and I had an A/Rt. Somehow I "turned off" the Rt skills (I vaguely remember doing it) and now I just show up as an A and I don't have any access to Rt skills.

I know when I complete the game I can go to the temple of Balthazar and change my secondary there, but playing with one profession, while rewarding, is tough (few heal or protection spells).

Any advice?

chris_beeley

Try talking to Senji (Factions) yet??? He is the secondary profession changer guy...

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 l-_-l
[QUOTE="chris_beeley"]

Please help somebody-

Any advice?

GPAddict

Try talking to Senji (Factions) yet??? He is the secondary profession changer guy...

What he said.

I had the samething happen to me. When the preview was going on, I changed my sin from a a/mo to a pure sin. Well after the preview was over, my a/mo was still just a sin. I had to go to the secondary profession changer and that fixed it. but you'll need 500g the first time you change with him.
chris_beeley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 chris_beeley

Aah, many thanks, that should work. You couldn't tell me where he is too, could you?

Many thanks.

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 GPAddict

Aah, many thanks, that should work. You couldn't tell me where he is too, could you?

Many thanks.

chris_beeley

Senji's Corner - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Senji%27s_Corner

chris_beeley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 chris_beeley
Thank you!
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 GPAddict

Thank you!chris_beeley

Your Welcome! Anytime my friend! :)

Tharter1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Tharter1337
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
 Is there another way to dont pay a game / key to play some server or ther is no "pirate" version ?
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 GPAddict

Is there another way to dont pay a game / key to play some server or ther is no "pirate" version ?
Tharter1337

Dude, dont come in here asking for pirate software, its wrong and it illegal. Thank you very much! :evil:

thehamman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 thehamman
Member since 2003 • 144 Posts
Hey everybody, I'm an ex-WoW player (got bored) and am thinking of joining your ranks. I was wondering if you think its too late to play? With Nightfall coming out, I got intrested. I like the whole African/Egyptian look but am wondering if it would be better to buy the 'original' first?

Thanks!

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 teebeenz
Hey everybody, I'm an ex-WoW player (got bored) and am thinking of joining your ranks. I was wondering if you think its too late to play? With Nightfall coming out, I got intrested. I like the whole African/Egyptian look but am wondering if it would be better to buy the 'original' first?

Thanks!
thehamman
Well. * The original has more PvE content, but lacks the extra professions you get from other chapters. * The second chapter has some new PvP content but little PvE content, but it does come with 2 new professions * The third is like the original but comes with 2 new professions. Picking the third is probably best from what Ive seen as youll get the most professions and a good basic story. If you get hooked into PvP or PvE like others then you can buy the other chapters. One note however, the original chapter is probably quite cheap from some stores now so it wouldnt hurt.
thehamman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 thehamman
Thanks! I think I'm going to pick up the original and see how I like it then move into Nightfall. I also have a few questions. Is it realm/server based? Do you have an account so you can log on at a different computer? How are you able to get to the other continents/lands that are in Factions and Nightfall?

Thanks!

LuffyTubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 LuffyTubby
Member since 2006 • 741 Posts

Thanks! I think I'm going to pick up the original and see how I like it then move into Nightfall. I also have a few questions. Is it realm/server based? Do you have an account so you can log on at a different computer? How are you able to get to the other continents/lands that are in Factions and Nightfall?

Thanks!
 thehamman

mate, its better if you start with nightfall. it will be easier to get into. then if you like it, you can buy the other games. im pretty positive that NF will be a much easier experience to get into.

thehamman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 thehamman

mate, its better if you start with nightfall. it will be easier to get into. then if you like it, you can buy the other games. im pretty positive that NF will be a much easier experience to get into.LuffyTubby

Hmmm maybe. But Nightfall is still a few weeks away and I would also like to try the originals zone's.
kpsting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 kpsting
the original is better because of the so called "pre-searing" tutorial area. It's like a game inside a game :)
thehamman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 thehamman
Yah whatever. I'll just get both.

vorlon92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#227 vorlon92
Member since 2006 • 378 Posts
Yah whatever. I'll just get both.
 thehamman
lol. After reading a majority that is posted here I think I will do like you and just get both.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 teebeenz

Thanks!
thehamman
GW unlike WoW is based in a complete universe. Each region has its own server, but it matters little. Any player from any place and can play with anyone else anywhere, whenever. To play with someone in another region just goto the "International district" in any area and meet them there. Your profile is constnatly moved around the network on demand so for example if you're gunna play with someone in japan, the game figures where best to host that instanxce and then everyones data is moved there. The games account system is like many other games where you can simply login to any GW client and you can play. To get to other "lands" you need to A) own the chapter with that land and B get to the first major port outside of the noob areas. There will be a quest there.
voodoo1032801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 voodoo1032801
Member since 2006 • 58 Posts
say gyz i jst bought the original n i ws wounderin where cn u find Orr?
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 teebeenz
say gyz i jst bought the original n i ws wounderin where cn u find Orr?voodoo1032801
Orr was destroyed and sank to the bottom of the ocean.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 teebeenz
Just a note to all. If you havent been to the Tombs Of The Primevil King in a long time, it might pay to now. I think you'll find its connection with elona are running much deeper now :)
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19574 Posts
Just a note to all. If you havent been to the Tombs Of The Primevil King in a long time, it might pay to now. I think you'll find its connection with elona are running much deeper now :)teebeenz

By 'a long time', he means since January. And by 'now', he probably meant a few months ago, when we were all speculating about this :P.
tomjacobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#233 tomjacobs
Member since 2003 • 462 Posts

[QUOTE="teebeenz"]Just a note to all. If you havent been to the Tombs Of The Primevil King in a long time, it might pay to now. I think you'll find its connection with elona are running much deeper now :)Planeforger

By 'a long time', he means since January. And by 'now', he probably meant a few months ago, when we were all speculating about this :P.

Just... lol.

I checked back yesterday into the Tombs (I don't normally go there) to see what Teebeenz was talking about and nothing's changed. Talking of old news... no offense Teebeenz. But it's true it makes more sense after what we've seen in the Nightfall Preview Event.

Cheers,

T.

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 teebeenz
I was refering to the plot connection to nightfall
calumwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#235 calumwhite
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts
Bought it 2 months ago, got to level 20 on the game then got bored. What more can you do?
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 l-_-l
Bought it 2 months ago, got to level 20 on the game then got bored. What more can you do?calumwhite
Make another char, make more money to buy better armor and weapons, try playing some kind of pvp such as Alliance Battles. There is alot to do still. Work on titles. Have you even beat the game yet? I ask because I just love how some come it talking about I made it to lvl 20, now what like the whole goal of the game was to simply reach lvl 20. Sorry but this isn't that swallow of a game (unlike a certain other game I won't mention). Reaching the lvl cap isn't the goal in this game. Let just say I have 6 lvl 20 chars and still have plenty to do, so I KNOW you still have plenty to do. The game is what you make of it just like any other game. Reaching lvl 20 is just the beginning. Hell I rarely even play the PvE part anymore. I mainly just play Alliance Battles. Something just tells me you reached lvl 20 thinking the was the goal and now your like now what. How about join a guild and get into some GvG.
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 GPAddict

Bought it 2 months ago, got to level 20 on the game then got bored. What more can you do?calumwhite

You really have to "get into the game to enjot it" 

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#238 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4372 Posts
i barly played it for the reason of partys to join. seeing everywhere i got people are selling stuff. if any of you got a guild or party that i can join and play weekly please pm or im me.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#239 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

alot.....you can travel by ship to the Arena Islands and unlock the various PvP Arenas until you are good enough to make it through to the Hall of Heroes. Honestly, after you complete the PvE campaign, the game really begins.

markus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 markus17
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I can hardly believe GW Nightfall isn't on GamePro's most anticipated games list at the bottom of their page. I know it is my #1.
voodoo1032801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 voodoo1032801

Hey guyz keep up the forum, I haven't really looked a lot at Night Fall and I was wondering if u guys could tell me why it's soo good and different from the original and Fractions? Thanks.

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 GPAddict

Hey guyz keep up the forum, I haven't really looked a lot at Night Fall and I was wondering if u guys could tell me why it's soo good and different from the original and Fractions? Thanks.

voodoo1032801

Fractions is what you learn in Math LOL!

voodoo1032801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 voodoo1032801
lol but seriously (srry bout that error) wat is the difference?
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 teebeenz
lol but seriously (srry bout that error) wat is the difference?voodoo1032801
Factions is a diaster of design, its the worst case senario. Factions is an unfinished game they rushed out with terrible design issues. It forced you to farm for your alliance to maintain towns, but to do that you needed to pick a side 1 of which is radicaly bias which means the whole balance system GW is known for is shot to hell. 1 Faction has 90% of the good armor, has more maps bias towards it, gets paid more for winning, and get a lot of the elite skills easier. And becuase of the player bias to one side for much of the time the big faction has a hard time playing a game as there is no-one on the other side to play against while those on the smaller side have no choice in who to pick but who is there. Nightfall on the otherhand so far is well thought out, larger, balanced and adds in major user related features. While Factions added some improvments to things, the negatives it brought way out did anything good. Infact Factions engine remained buggy until the Nightfall ening went online.
Mean_noskill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Mean_noskill
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
just wanna say that Guild Wars is one of the best games ever mad and that it will always have something new and more interesting with it
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 l-_-l
And becuase of the player bias to one side for much of the time the big faction has a hard time playing a game as there is no-one on the other side to play against.teebeenz
Please don't tell me you are sooooo silly, you actually believe this. I hate to break it to you, but this is a world wide game, there is no lack of players on the other side. The problem is only 5 matches are going on at any given time and you have to wait your turn in line. So keep that in mind the next time the counter reaches zero and says no opposing party joins. Because it sure aint because of lack of players waiting to play on the other side.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 teebeenz
[QUOTE="teebeenz"]And becuase of the player bias to one side for much of the time the big faction has a hard time playing a game as there is no-one on the other side to play against.l-_-l
Please don't tell me you are sooooo silly, you actually believe this. I hate to break it to you, but this is a world wide game, there is no lack of players on the other side. The problem is only 5 matches are going on at any given time and you have to wait your turn in line. So keep that in mind the next time the counter reaches zero and says no opposing party joins. Because it sure aint because of lack of players waiting to play on the other side.

I play on both sides dude on a regular basis, infact our guild did a little survey on it. For a 5 hour period there was 3 dists on the K side and 7 people on the L side in all US and Int dists.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 l-_-l
[QUOTE="l-_-l"][QUOTE="teebeenz"]And becuase of the player bias to one side for much of the time the big faction has a hard time playing a game as there is no-one on the other side to play against.teebeenz

I play on both sides dude on a regular basis, infact our guild did a little survey on it. For a 5 hour period there was 3 dists on the K side and 7 people on the L side in all US and Int dists.

I have never seen it that way and I AB all the time. Only time I see anything dead is on the Kurzick side in the morning in American. I have to go to international. So don't mind me if I decide to go off my own experience.
voodoo1032801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 voodoo1032801

so it's Night Fall over Factions?

I actually liked the idea of two sides but i did also know that there was going to be a side with more people.

I don't really get it, in WoW there are two sides but yet they are mainly even with players with both sides having goods and bads, why couldn't factions do the same? I mean is it really that hard to make even sides? It may be up to the public to choose their side but its the developers who have the power on how the sides can work.

I think the next Guild Wars should start fresh I'm sick off developers deciding to make an awesome game then half way decide to do a half arse job I mean what is up with that? Why don't developers give a preview (like the Night Fall one) and then make the players write comments and rate it out of ten?  

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 teebeenz

so it's Night Fall over Factions?

I actually liked the idea of two sides but i did also know that there was going to be a side with more people.

I don't really get it, in WoW there are two sides but yet they are mainly even with players with both sides having goods and bads, why couldn't factions do the same? I mean is it really that hard to make even sides? It may be up to the public to choose their side but its the developers who have the power on how the sides can work.

I think the next Guild Wars should start fresh I'm sick off developers deciding to make an awesome game then half way decide to do a half arse job I mean what is up with that? Why don't developers give a preview (like the Night Fall one) and then make the players write comments and rate it out of ten?

voodoo1032801
In WoW the sides are balanced, but in Factions one side gets all the advantages while the other gets all the disadvantages.