GUILD WARS MEGA-THREAD - See 1st page for helpful info

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#351 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

Yeah I like the updates, but not quite sure how it will impact my gameplay yet.

But all I kept seeing on the chat channel was:

OMFG they nerfed 55 monk!!!

And stuff like that, I am was just about to try out a 55 monk, anyone know what disadvantages there are to the new updates??? TIA

hojobojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#352 hojobojo
Member since 2005 • 1268 Posts
Bardas Zeuxis R/N =)
ziil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 ziil
Member since 2004 • 36 Posts
As I understand the nerfed SB so it will last for a certain amount of it's instead of 8-9 sec. Maybe there are some other changes too to the 55 but this is all i know
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
Got Factions Collector's Edition. Can't play it yet. Impatiently waiting.Planeforger
What are you waiting for? Pop it in and play. Factions has been out form months now.

I got my Collector's Edition of Nightfall and am waiting to play. I got some cool stuff in the box, but I also get a Nightfalls T-shirt for each copy of the game I pre-ordered (2 copies, my girl also plays). Can' wait until I can play.
I am listening to the sound track as I type this :P
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#355 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

So all, whats the verdict on Nightfall?

I won't get my copy for a week.

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 GPAddict

AFBrat77

Um its not Friday yet! :)

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 AFBrat77
[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

GPAddict

Um its not Friday yet! :)

Wasn't it released today?

Ok, ic, it won't be available until tommorrow.

Let us know how it is when you guys start playing it.

dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

I just bought it today.

Cant play it yet of course.

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
Nightfall is as buggy as hell, the Hero AI is broken, templates is broken for many, there are places where you can walk through walls into locked areas. Its Factions all over again. The whole 6months this is crap, they simply dont have enough time.
h1dd3n5had0w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#361 h1dd3n5had0w
Member since 2005 • 2141 Posts

Can someone please help me with my question?

I'm becoming more and more interested in this Guild War, but I'm just confused right now.  I see Guild Wars on the selling and then I see the Fraction + Night Fall.

So my question is,...Do I have to buy the orginal Guild War software in order to play the new expansion?  Or can I just buy Night Fall and be able to play the game.  Also, just one more question, If I do buy Nightfall, does it include things from the Fraction expasion?  (sounds kinda dumb, but I got the idea from DoW - DC, because that expansion lets to play with all races.)

LuffyTubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 LuffyTubby
Member since 2006 • 741 Posts

Can someone please help me with my question?

I'm becoming more and more interested in this Guild War, but I'm just confused right now. I see Guild Wars on the selling and then I see the Fraction + Night Fall.

So my question is,...Do I have to buy the orginal Guild War software in order to play the new expansion? Or can I just buy Night Fall and be able to play the game. Also, just one more question, If I do buy Nightfall, does it include things from the Fraction expasion? (sounds kinda dumb, but I got the idea from DoW - DC, because that expansion lets to play with all races.)

h1dd3n5had0w

GW, GW Factions and GW Nightfall are all seperate games. They can be linked together if you choose, and you can then take your characters to the new worlds as you buy other campaigns to add to your account.

You should get GW Nightfall first as it is the most easy to begin with. If you enjoy it, you can buy Factions and GW and add them to your game account, and get more stuff to see and do:)
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 AFBrat77
So, hows Nightfall so far?
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 GPAddict

So, hows Nightfall so far?AFBrat77

I'm lovin' it! :)

h1dd3n5had0w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 h1dd3n5had0w
Hey, thanks for clearing that up!:D
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 l-_-l
Hey, thanks for clearing that up!:Dh1dd3n5had0w
To answer your question that wasn't answered. You asked about the classes and what ones you get. With all three games you get the base classes. The base classes are Elementalist, Necromancer, Mesmer, Warrior, Monk, Ranger. Factions comes with the base classes and it also includes the Assassin and Ritualist. The only way to get a Assassin or Ritualist is to own Factions. Nightfall comes with the base classes and adds the Dervish and Paragon. The only way to get the Dervish or Paragon is to own Nightfall.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 AFBrat77

Nightfall's first review is in (drum roll)......

9.6 :)

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=738009

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 teebeenz
A review after 2 days of a game kinda makes me think they didnt review it at all as it takes alot longer to review an MMO style game and many dont start reviewing to at least a week after release to get the main bugs out of the way.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 AFBrat77

A review after 2 days of a game kinda makes me think they didnt review it at all as it takes alot longer to review an MMO style game and many dont start reviewing to at least a week after release to get the main bugs out of the way.teebeenz

Ah but if u read the review you'd understand 4 people were playing the game to get that review.

kukukuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 kukukuk
Member since 2005 • 2406 Posts
I can't wait to buy Nightfall... going later today hopefully.
sk8a91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 sk8a91
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
how do u level up in the game, do kill monsters like most mmorpgs?
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 AFBrat77

how do u level up in the game, do kill monsters like most mmorpgs?sk8a91

Yes, but a better way to level up is to do Missions, their Bonuses, and take on high experience Quests.

sk8a91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 sk8a91
so its basicly like world of warcraft
kukukuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 kukukuk
Member since 2005 • 2406 Posts
so its basicly like world of warcraftsk8a91
not really, in WoW grinding is (arguably) faster than questing. Others will disagree, but in WoW grinding IS viable as a way to level up. In Guild Wars, nobody grinds. there are powerlevellers though but that is only for people that are lazy, not for people that are looking for a faster way to level.
weaponx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 weaponx4
nightfall = awesome
AxisOfJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 AxisOfJustice
Member since 2006 • 79 Posts
Nightfall totally makes up for Factions.
TurtleMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 TurtleMilk
Member since 2005 • 4488 Posts
The difficulty of Nightfall, I thought, was just right.  Some of it was very easy, and some of it was pretty tough.  Thankfully, the pretty tough stuff was optional.  As I progressed through the game, however, I discovered that much of the gameworld is very difficult.

Like the mission where you have to defend the Altar of Lyssa, and kill the Harbringers.  Gosh, I hate those missions so much.  I'm on the Harbringer part, and I just can't finish it. I'm always fighting two groups at once, and that dumb guy always dies.  Why can't I beat it?  Why won't it let me progress?  IT MAKES ME SO MAD!!!  IF I DON'T FINISH THE STUPID MISSION I AM GOING TO SLIT MY WRISTS!!!

Not really, but yes, that's my take.  I'd change my Nightfall review, but then people couldn't recommend it.  Along with that, and with the new dye preview system, my little review is lacking.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 teebeenz

[QUOTE="teebeenz"]A review after 2 days of a game kinda makes me think they didnt review it at all as it takes alot longer to review an MMO style game and many dont start reviewing to at least a week after release to get the main bugs out of the way.AFBrat77

Ah but if u read the review you'd understand 4 people were playing the game to get that review.

It takes a long long time to review a game properly, especialy one as big as these types of games, and frankly having 4 people grind for 2 days doesnt really add up to reviee material. Especialy as many features are not available or even bug fixed by then. Did you know ritulaists couldnt tell if a target had rit weapons on them on the release of factions? It came after, these are the sorta things which add upto good reviews, and I doubt 2 days of PvP was in the review either as no-ones playing.
h1dd3n5had0w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 h1dd3n5had0w

[QUOTE="h1dd3n5had0w"]Hey, thanks for clearing that up!:Dl-_-l
To answer your question that wasn't answered. You asked about the classes and what ones you get. With all three games you get the base classes. The base classes are Elementalist, Necromancer, Mesmer, Warrior, Monk, Ranger. Factions comes with the base classes and it also includes the Assassin and Ritualist. The only way to get a Assassin or Ritualist is to own Factions. Nightfall comes with the base classes and adds the Dervish and Paragon. The only way to get the Dervish or Paragon is to own Nightfall.

Well, thats an even better answer. Thank-you!

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 l-_-l
[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="teebeenz"]A review after 2 days of a game kinda makes me think they didnt review it at all as it takes alot longer to review an MMO style game and many dont start reviewing to at least a week after release to get the main bugs out of the way.teebeenz

It takes a long long time to review a game properly, especialy one as big as these types of games, and frankly having 4 people grind for 2 days doesnt really add up to reviee material. Especialy as many features are not available or even bug fixed by then. Did you know ritulaists couldnt tell if a target had rit weapons on them on the release of factions? It came after, these are the sorta things which add upto good reviews, and I doubt 2 days of PvP was in the review either as no-ones playing.

I totally agree with you. There is NO WAY they could have played the game enough to review it. Also having 4 people play means nothing. They won't get through the game any faster having 4 people play it. I too have to take that review with a grain of salt. In otherwords, that review is a joke and means nothing to me.

On another note, I have made it off the island and my dervish is lvl 18 and so far, the game rocks. Yes it has it's issues like the serious lag in the bog (explorable area in the southwest corner of the starting island), or the connection issues. But stuff like this is minor to me because it is stuff like this that you know will get a patch.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 AFBrat77
[QUOTE="teebeenz"][QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="teebeenz"]A review after 2 days of a game kinda makes me think they didnt review it at all as it takes alot longer to review an MMO style game and many dont start reviewing to at least a week after release to get the main bugs out of the way.l-_-l

I totally agree with you. There is NO WAY they could have played the game enough to review it. Also having 4 people play means nothing. They won't get through the game any faster having 4 people play it. I too have to take that review with a grain of salt. In otherwords, that review is a joke and means nothing to me.

On another note, I have made it off the island and my dervish is lvl 18 and so far, the game rocks. Yes it has it's issues like the serious lag in the bog (explorable area in the southwest corner of the starting island), or the connection issues. But stuff like this is minor to me because it is stuff like this that you know will get a patch.

They probably could, especially if they concentrated on different areas of the game.

I don't think the review is a joke. Its legitimate enough.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 l-_-l
[QUOTE="l-_-l"][QUOTE="teebeenz"][QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="teebeenz"]A review after 2 days of a game kinda makes me think they didnt review it at all as it takes alot longer to review an MMO style game and many dont start reviewing to at least a week after release to get the main bugs out of the way.AFBrat77

They probably could, especially if they concentrated on different areas of the game.

lol dude, everybody starts at the same spot, so there is no exploring different areas of the game. Take the review for what you want to take it for, thats your choice. I choose to take it as a joke and take my reviews more serious than you is all. I don't care if you had 100 people playing it, they all have to start at the same spot in the game, so in the little time they did play it, they were all in the same area and didn't make it to far in the game in that small amount of time. So I will continue to take the review as a joke.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 AFBrat77
[QUOTE="AFBrat77"][QUOTE="l-_-l"][QUOTE="teebeenz"][QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="teebeenz"]A review after 2 days of a game kinda makes me think they didnt review it at all as it takes alot longer to review an MMO style game and many dont start reviewing to at least a week after release to get the main bugs out of the way.l-_-l

lol dude, everybody starts at the same spot, so there is no exploring different areas of the game. Take the review for what you want to take it for, thats your choice. I choose to take it as a joke and take my reviews more serious than you is all. I don't care if you had 100 people playing it, they all have to start at the same spot in the game, so in the little time they did play it, they were all in the same area and didn't make it to far in the game in that small amount of time. So I will continue to take the review as a joke.

I'm sure you can start the game at PvE or start the game with PvP like the original, right? 1 person could be testing out the Heroes aspect couldn't they?

With some hardcore playing they could see all the aspects of the game. The review did not come out the day the game was first playable.

Oh well dude, we just disagree, its not important.

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 teebeenz
Would you stop with the nested quoting.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 l-_-l
Would you stop with the nested quoting.teebeenz
lol really. Agreed
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 teebeenz
Okay, currently my vote for Nightfall would sit round the 7.9 area. The first big loss of s whole 1.0s worth was due to no new PvP content. While Heros Arena sounded nice its of little use to anyone cept perhaps testing builds. No new PvP = a whole 1.0 off, should be more. Another .5 was taken off for no heros in normal pvp, something which is just stupid, and the next .5 is taken off for buying armor which is incomplete for the same price as other chapters who get full sets.
gsk_spurs_rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 gsk_spurs_rule
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Nightfall is good...at the moment i would give it around 8.8 The storyline is MUCH better than factions, the new heroes r amazin....and all the little changes are good, like the new template system....its a big improvement on the failure that was Factions....but yer, the only bad thing is the lack of new PvP but i think theres enough PvP in the game at the moment anyway...its well worth the £18
Irongrinder1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 Irongrinder1
Member since 2004 • 2423 Posts
A question that's been bugging me for quit some time: What's the max amount of skillpoints you can get? I've got somewhere near hundred for my elementalist and because of skills costing one platinum I usually only spend them on capture signets (besides I've got my ele build the way I want it already). So is there an amount where whenever you fill up your xp bar again that it goes to waist?
Avatar image for Jordanbarrantes
Jordanbarrantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#390 Jordanbarrantes
Member since 2005 • 309 Posts

Anyone thats not in a guild should check out this guild. I am an officer of the guild and we currently have 12 people but are looking for more. You can check out our website at http://www.freewebs.com/doomfireguild/ If you want to apply for guild just go to forums and you will know what to do from there.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19599 Posts
Being a bit of a PvE fanboy, I think I actually like Nightfall better than either of the other campaigns :D.
However, some of these missions are extremely frustrating. Whoever designed the boss battle in the Dasha Vestibule should be shot.
...not that I'm finding it terribly hard...but Goren gets insta-killed half of the time.
disciple_slave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#392 disciple_slave
Member since 2004 • 107 Posts
I need a very detailed description as to how to craft items. I have salvage kits and crafting materials, but I can't do anything with them. I try double-clicking to use them, I try dropping them into eachother, but nothing happens. Please help me. I really need better armor. Thanks. J screenname in game is: Disciple Slave.
voodoo1032801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 voodoo1032801
Member since 2006 • 58 Posts
hey you guys know we never got around to knowing each others user names, I would love to know GP addicts user name! :D 
TurtleMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 TurtleMilk
Member since 2005 • 4488 Posts
I need a very detailed description as to how to craft items. I have salvage kits and crafting materials, but I can't do anything with them. I try double-clicking to use them, I try dropping them into eachother, but nothing happens. Please help me. I really need better armor. Thanks. J screenname in game is: Disciple Slave.disciple_slave

You buy better armor from merchants.  Double-click on an Identification Kit, then click on an item to identify it, unless it already has been.  Double-click on a Salvage Kit and then select an item - a list will pop up which will let you choose what you want to salvage from the item.  You could get plain materials, it's insignias, upgrade components, inscriptions, whatever you want.  Whenever you salvage something from an item, there is a 50% chance that the item will break.  This percentage is reduced with the Wisdom Title.  The Wisdom Title is gained by identifying rare (gold) items.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 l-_-l
hey you guys know we never got around to knowing each others user names, I would love to know GP addicts user name! :D voodoo1032801
And I will never get around to listing my user name. I don't want a 100 people whispering me all the time. Just know that I play Guild Wars and have all three games and 9 characters.
voodoo1032801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 voodoo1032801
Member since 2006 • 58 Posts
point taken
edeasknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 edeasknight
Member since 2004 • 1222 Posts
A question that's been bugging me for quit some time: What's the max amount of skillpoints you can get? I've got somewhere near hundred for my elementalist and because of skills costing one platinum I usually only spend them on capture signets (besides I've got my ele build the way I want it already). So is there an amount where whenever you fill up your xp bar again that it goes to waist?
Irongrinder1

to be honest? nobody really knows. as far as anyone can tell, the number goes up and up and up. there may be a cap on unused skill points (though it would probably be in the thousands), but there is definitely no upward limit on used skill points. i know people who have over 1000 skill points used on a single character, and one of my characters has over 200 unused skill points.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 teebeenz
ArenaNet has confirmed what I suspected, Nightfall is indeed missing a large chunk of its content. They released it unfinished. This would explain the serious problems, the missing heros, missions and so much more. Any review of the game now is void. 6 months is not enough.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 AFBrat77

ArenaNet has confirmed what I suspected, Nightfall is indeed missing a large chunk of its content. They released it unfinished. This would explain the serious problems, the missing heros, missions and so much more. Any review of the game now is void. 6 months is not enough.teebeenz

link?

Nightfall is fine as it is, and ArenaNet can add the content (if this is true) later. This game has been worked on for a year, not 6 months.

kpsting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 kpsting
Member since 2005 • 2452 Posts
[QUOTE="teebeenz"]ArenaNet has confirmed what I suspected, Nightfall is indeed missing a large chunk of its content. They released it unfinished. This would explain the serious problems, the missing heros, missions and so much more. Any review of the game now is void. 6 months is not enough.

what missions is it missing that makes the story broken? is the story broken at all? what's wrong with NF? i dont get it