GUILD WARS MEGA-THREAD - See 1st page for helpful info

This topic is locked from further discussion.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
[QUOTE="teebeenz"]ArenaNet has confirmed what I suspected, Nightfall is indeed missing a large chunk of its content. They released it unfinished. This would explain the serious problems, the missing heros, missions and so much more. Any review of the game now is void. 6 months is not enough.

It would help if you posted a link so we have some proof you actually know what your saying is true and not just a rumor you wish to spread.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#403 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19602 Posts
He's referring to the fact that the game didn't ship with the Elite Mission, the final Sunspear and Lightbringer ranks or Razah, the mysterious hero from the manual.
Obviously, not many people noticed that they weren't in the game, and there's so much other content in the game that you shouldn't be bothered by such things. The update will be out next month or so.

Anyway, almost finished Nightfall here - I know, I'm slow, but I have a fairly important exam tomorrow so I haven't played as much as I normally would. The last few areas of the game are extremely fun, and (vaguely) tie up many if not all of the subplots from the other two campaigns.

I still think this is the best in the series, and I couldn't care less if it is 'unfinished'.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
He's referring to the fact that the game didn't ship with the Elite Mission, the final Sunspear and Lightbringer ranks or Razah, the mysterious hero from the manual.
Obviously, not many people noticed that they weren't in the game, and there's so much other content in the game that you shouldn't be bothered by such things. The update will be out next month or so.

Anyway, almost finished Nightfall here - I know, I'm slow, but I have a fairly important exam tomorrow so I haven't played as much as I normally would. The last few areas of the game are extremely fun, and (vaguely) tie up many if not all of the subplots from the other two campaigns.

I still think this is the best in the series, and I couldn't care less if it is 'unfinished'.
Planeforger
Its missing other stuff as well, The Vault Keeper still isnt there, nor is the new party system which was due in nightfall or probably many other things they're hiding right now. This explains why they didnt tell us squat before release, they didnht know what theyd finish in time.
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#405 Cerza
Member since 2005 • 1946 Posts
I don't see why Arena.net had to post an announcement that the game isn't finished. You can find that information in the game itself. All you need to do is go to the chantry of secrets and talk to the gaurd in front of the big bamboo door and he tells you you can't go in because whats behind the door isn't ready for public access.

Six months for something like what they are trying to do with Guild Wars just isn't enough time. The time table worked with Lineage 2, but those updates weren't nearly as big as Guild Wars'. It might work if they had two teams working on two expansions so each team gets a year to work on the expansion, but as of right now I just don't feel their time table works. Granted I love Nightfall and think it's the best GW yet, even its unfinished state. However, when I buy a game I like it to come with everything its supposed to and not recieve messages that I can't go some place because it's not finished being developed yet.

Personally I wish they'd do what the dev's of EQ do, and release mini expansions/ adventure packs ever month or so for a small sum in their online store. That way we get more content, they can make use of the large amount of wasted in space already present on the current games maps (prophecies anyone? I dunno about anyone else, but I'd sure like to see whats in the mountains south of ascalon above the forgotten kings tomb. Maybe they look like ascalon did before the searing?), and they can take more time concentrating with the main part of their team on the next expansion this way.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 l-_-l
Why do you guys keep saying 6 months? What part of a year are you not understanding. The game was in the works for a year, NOT 6 months, so please people, get your facts straight.
simszebing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#407 simszebing
Member since 2003 • 72 Posts
So guys, i have nightfall and I am enjoying it immensely but I am quite surprised to hear this unfinished issue. Will the unfinished part eventually be available to players who owns Nightfall or would we have to pay or buy another expansion??
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#408 Cerza
Member since 2005 • 1946 Posts

Why do you guys keep saying 6 months? What part of a year are you not understanding. The game was in the works for a year, NOT 6 months, so please people, get your facts straight.l-_-l

Thanks for the correction I was unaware that the game had been in production for a year. However, this doesn't help anything in regards to nightfall being unfinished. Of anything it makes the fact that Nightfall isn't done worse!

And yes the unfinished parts of Nightfall should be made available to those who purchased the game at no extra cost. I believe someone already said earlier in this thread that they are coming in an update next month. 

simszebing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 simszebing
oh okay then, its probably a way for them to claim that they offer new contents frequently hehe, well if its free the only thing im worried about is the huge patch, i bought GW prophecies and for the first load i had to dl nearly 2k files
Wilmc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#410 Wilmc
Member since 2005 • 216 Posts
I'm sure when people were asking for another patch like SF they weren't expecting them to add "additional" content to Nightfall that was already suppose to be in game -.- everday it seems like Arenanet is getting lazier =/ GG a-net. -_-
General-Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 General-Havoc
Member since 2006 • 161 Posts
I am slowly dying

I have so much %^&#%)^ work i havnt been on guild wars for a little over a month (except 2 hours for thr haloween event)

And now I just hope the game doesnt pass me by too fast >
Irongrinder1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#412 Irongrinder1
Member since 2004 • 2423 Posts
I don't see why Arena.net had to post an announcement that the game isn't finished. You can find that information in the game itself. All you need to do is go to the chantry of secrets and talk to the gaurd in front of the big bamboo door and he tells you you can't go in because whats behind the door isn't ready for public access.
Cerza

I think I've seen someone on the other side there (saw a player walking around wthout teammates, so his proffesion popped up) and I think you don't get access untill you beat the game.

arg, can't check gw.gamewiki right now to check my facts as it's really slow
edeasknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 edeasknight
Member since 2004 • 1222 Posts
the bottom line is, you didnt pay for the completed game, you payed for the access to play said game. as long as anet update the game during its lifecycle, youre still getting what you paid for, albeit over time. the things 'missing' from the game are, quite simply, the high-end pve instance (think ToA area/elite mission) and the final hero, razah. hell, the factions elite missions were not open from the word go either. they were only opened up a few weeks into release, not too much difference.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 l-_-l
the bottom line is, you didnt pay for the completed game, you payed for the access to play said game. as long as anet update the game during its lifecycle, youre still getting what you paid for, albeit over time. the things 'missing' from the game are, quite simply, the high-end pve instance (think ToA area/elite mission) and the final hero, razah. hell, the factions elite missions were not open from the word go either. they were only opened up a few weeks into release, not too much difference.
edeasknight
I can get to fow and uw from nightfall, so what was you meaning when you said think ToA area?
LiLsLashy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 LiLsLashy
Member since 2006 • 1082 Posts
I played the original Guild Wars for a few hours and was immediately turned off by the non-voiced NPC's. Do the NPC's in Nightfall feature spoken dialogue?
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/guildwarscampaign3/review.html

contrary to public opinions....it actually scored lower than Factions.....hmmm.......

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 teebeenz
I played the original Guild Wars for a few hours and was immediately turned off by the non-voiced NPC's. Do the NPC's in Nightfall feature spoken dialogue?
LiLsLashy
No, but seeing as the PvE side is for little more than training it doesnt really matter.
edeasknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 edeasknight
Member since 2004 • 1222 Posts
[QUOTE="edeasknight"]the bottom line is, you didnt pay for the completed game, you payed for the access to play said game. as long as anet update the game during its lifecycle, youre still getting what you paid for, albeit over time. the things 'missing' from the game are, quite simply, the high-end pve instance (think ToA area/elite mission) and the final hero, razah. hell, the factions elite missions were not open from the word go either. they were only opened up a few weeks into release, not too much difference.
l-_-l
I can get to fow and uw from nightfall, so what was you meaning when you said think ToA area?

[spoiler]   go to the chantry of secrets. see the locked door you cant get through? you can go through it after you finish the game. if you hold down alt, you can see the words 'the goddess of truth'. this is a statue, much like the ToA areas. when you kneel, an avatar pops out much in the same way. however, access to that god, like access to lyssa, dwayna and melandru in ToA, is not available.   [/spoiler]
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

[QUOTE="l-_-l"][QUOTE="edeasknight"]the bottom line is, you didnt pay for the completed game, you payed for the access to play said game. as long as anet update the game during its lifecycle, youre still getting what you paid for, albeit over time. the things 'missing' from the game are, quite simply, the high-end pve instance (think ToA area/elite mission) and the final hero, razah. hell, the factions elite missions were not open from the word go either. they were only opened up a few weeks into release, not too much difference.
edeasknight

[spoiler]   go to the chantry of secrets. see the locked door you cant get through? you can go through it after you finish the game. if you hold down alt, you can see the words 'the goddess of truth'. this is a statue, much like the ToA areas. when you kneel, an avatar pops out much in the same way. however, access to that god, like access to lyssa, dwayna and melandru in ToA, is not available.   [/spoiler]

Neat how that spoiler link works :)

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 GPAddict

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/guildwarscampaign3/review.html

contrary to public opinions....it actually scored lower than Factions.....hmmm.......

Jinroh_basic

Hmmm....

Oh well I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I liked all the little improvements, and cant wait for the next chapter. Hopefully they will continue to improve it along the way.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 l-_-l
Anybody else loving the avatar elite skills you get with the dervish? I am also liking the foes you fight. I haven't beat the game yet, but thats because I have been playing with 3 chars. I have a paragon thats the farthest in the game and a dervish thats almost to vabbi. Then I have a lvl 7 mesmer on the starting island. Anyways, back to the dervish elites. I have melandru, balthazar, and dwayna so far. I haven't done any pvp with either of the new chars yet, but for pve, I like dwayna the most.
Antraxspore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#422 Antraxspore
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts
Is there a monthly fee or inintial fee to play guildwars??

Or do i only need to buy the game and register?
BrownWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#423 BrownWalrus
Member since 2005 • 3467 Posts
Guild Wars zomg
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 l-_-l
Is there a monthly fee or inintial fee to play guildwars??

Or do i only need to buy the game and register?Antraxspore
You only have to pay for the game. There is no other fees after you buy it.
simszebing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 simszebing
Wow the elite skills of Dervish sounds so cool. I haven been playing like 4-6 hrs a day after my exams a few days back and i have never experienced such fun gaming. I really love this game! Woohoo great storyline and i never thought fighting monsters will be so fun
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 teebeenz
Okay, Im now half way in Nightfall and I can confirm Chapter 1 is still the best chapter. Kinda sad really.
LuffyTubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 LuffyTubby
Member since 2006 • 741 Posts

Okay, Im now half way in Nightfall and I can confirm Chapter 1 is still the best chapter. Kinda sad really.teebeenz

the best part of nightfall is the latter. its awesome:) some great missions^^

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 GPAddict

Anybody else loving the avatar elite skills you get with the dervish? I am also liking the foes you fight. I haven't beat the game yet, but thats because I have been playing with 3 chars. I have a paragon thats the farthest in the game and a dervish thats almost to vabbi. Then I have a lvl 7 mesmer on the starting island. Anyways, back to the dervish elites. I have melandru, balthazar, and dwayna so far. I haven't done any pvp with either of the new chars yet, but for pve, I like dwayna the most.l-_-l

I still like Balthazar best, but honestly I just kinda stuck with AoB, I need to switch it up.

tjsams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429 tjsams
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Umm I dunno if I should post this here but I guess I will anyways. :P Okay I might get this game and I know WoW has many things to do on it but I dont know much about it.I was wondering How much does this game cost to get online and play whith the online community?And what is the newest and or best game to buy? I heard of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade but all I find is expansion packs is it a game or an expansion pack to another WoW game? Lol you can tell I'm a n00b wene it comes to PC/WoW games :P

~Tjsams

Avatar image for Taxpaying_Acorn
Taxpaying_Acorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#430 Taxpaying_Acorn
Member since 2004 • 4952 Posts

Umm I dunno if I should post this here but I guess I will anyways. :P Okay I might get this game and I know WoW has many things to do on it but I dont know much about it.I was wondering How much does this game cost to get online and play whith the online community?And what is the newest and or best game to buy? I heard of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade but all I find is expansion packs is it a game or an expansion pack to another WoW game? Lol you can tell I'm a n00b wene it comes to PC/WoW games :P

~Tjsams

tjsams
I believe this a Guild Wars thread. I'm not mentioning that because I'm trashing you, it's just that I *think* you're asking questions about World of Warcraft, and I'm not sure this is the place to be getting answers. But I'll give you some information on both just to make sure.

Guild Wars costs about $49.99 and that's the final price. You can play it from the moment you purchase it until the end of time without spending another penny. World of Warcraft costs about $49.99 for the game, plus an additional $15 a month paid by credit card or pre-paid gamecards.
World of Warcraft has much more content, such as secondary professions like armor crafting, leather working, fishing, things of that nature. Guild Wars has nothing. Guild Wars is basically a stripped down version of World of Warcraft. But at the core, both games are about the same. I prefer Guild Wars over Warcraft because to me, I don't feel the need to force myself to play, to get my money's worth out of it.

The visuals are a lot better in Guild Wars, and the characters are a lot more balanced. That's something I hated about World of Warcraft, was getting to Alterac Valley then being plowed by Grand Marshals and Naxx equipped players. There's just no hope of beating them.

All in all, I suppose it's just a choice of preference. If you want a never-ending list of things to do, pick up Warcraft (and be prepared to shell out a never-ending fee as well). If you want a solid, fun, imaginative game, pick up Guild Wars. It's worth the purchase whether you end up loving it or hating it. It's a game of its own that needs to be played by everyone.

If you do decide on purchasing Guild Wars. I'd have to recommend Nightfall. I own all three chapters, and I have to say Nightfall is the most awe-inspiring so far.
Omnieinherjar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 Omnieinherjar
Member since 2006 • 45 Posts

I’m about to pick up Guild Wars myself but I have a question about bandwidth consumption. Is Guild War’s bandwidth consumption the same as typical MMOs? Is it the same as WoW. I have played WoW for about three months and just gotten to a point where I find myself playing it because I pay for it, not because I want to. In short I need a change and Guild Wars is it. But I have bandwidth restrictions. Example: I can’t play Xbox Live just yet, but WoW is okay to play. I’m just curious if Guild Wars is along the same line as WoW in terms of bandwidth.

Avatar image for Taxpaying_Acorn
Taxpaying_Acorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#432 Taxpaying_Acorn
Member since 2004 • 4952 Posts

I’m about to pick up Guild Wars myself but I have a question about bandwidth consumption. Is Guild War’s bandwidth consumption the same as typical MMOs? Is it the same as WoW. I have played WoW for about three months and just gotten to a point where I find myself playing it because I pay for it, not because I want to. In short I need a change and Guild Wars is it. But I have bandwidth restrictions. Example: I can’t play Xbox Live just yet, but WoW is okay to play. I’m just curious if Guild Wars is along the same line as WoW in terms of bandwidth.

Omnieinherjar
What do you mean exactly by bandwidth restrictions? You're on dial-up? If that's what you mean, yes. Guild Wars works just find on a low bandwidth connection as it would on a high bandwidth connection. You're just going to be in for a long wait when the game updates. On a fresh install, I've had upwards of 2,000 files it had to download and install. That took about a half an hour with 150kb/s DSL. But as far as the gameplay goes, you don't need a very fast connection to play.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 teebeenz
GW will play on a 28.8k modem so I doubt youll have issues on DSL. So far Im at the end of Vabbi in Nightfall and things have not improved except the buildings. The worst thing of all so far is how few things there are to do, I can go for a whole day and not see a quest.
lenny2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 lenny2001
Member since 2005 • 158 Posts
hey what are the best pvp build for ne/me ? 
Omnieinherjar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 Omnieinherjar
Member since 2006 • 45 Posts
What I mean is that I can play Live but the internet service I'm going through doesn't have enough bandwidth for me not to send their bandwidth bill through the roof if I play Live. I just wanted to make sure Guild wars wouldn't eat up a bunch of bandwidth like Live does.
imnotapoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436 imnotapoof
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts
do you finish this game easy coz i heard u stop lvling at lvl 20
imnotapoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 imnotapoof
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts
AND is it just role playing or massive multiplayer?
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 teebeenz
do you finish this game easy coz i heard u stop lvling at lvl 20imnotapoof
Lvling means nothing in GW, its all about builds and PvP.
tomjacobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#439 tomjacobs
Member since 2003 • 462 Posts

[QUOTE="imnotapoof"]do you finish this game easy coz i heard u stop lvling at lvl 20teebeenz
Lvling means nothing in GW, its all about builds and PvP.

Even if you're not into PVP, there's still plenty of things to do in GW after you reach level 20 : hunting for skills, crafting fancy (and expensive) armor for your different characters, collecting unique weapons, collecting minipets, earning hard-to-get titles, becoming filthy rich through trade, going for highscores in challenge missions, equipping your heroes if you own Nightfall, ...

I'll agree there's less PVE content in GW than for instance in WOW, but it's still more than enough imo.

Cheers,

T.

Edit: I forgot the most important one : finishing all the story missions and bonuses. Heh

dinuattila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 dinuattila
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts
can someone tell me wich is the best build for an assasin?
weggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 weggles
Member since 2005 • 281 Posts
Cool Guild Wars thread :)

I have Factions and Prof.

I have a
lvl 20 R/MO- Weggles The Brave
Lvl 20 N/Mo- Weggles of Darkness
Lvl 12 Me/E- Cymrich Chan
Lvl 19 A/?- Swift Blades Weggles
and 2 other chars who are on the choppin block, :P.
Ciderfight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 Ciderfight
Member since 2006 • 68 Posts

I've had guild wars for about a year now and I don't plan on turning to WoW. I've got Prophecies, Factions, and CE Nightfall, I don't have any questions about guild wars at all, but if you need any, just ask, I'm a Ranger God...that's my opinion of myself, but watch out for my monk, I suck royally with it.

Shart In The Dark-Ranger

(Other 8 characters whose names I'm too lazy to list)

simszebing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 simszebing
Domain of Anguish is finally open! I haven reached there yet so I hope someone talks about it here. Hows the primeval armor and the long awaited hero Razah? I cant wait to finish the game and explore it!!:D
pizzaman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 pizzaman789
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

hey

im new to guild wars and am wondering which one to buy

so if anyone can help me out just post which one

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#445 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

hey

im new to guild wars and am wondering which one to buy

so if anyone can help me out just post which one

pizzaman789

Nightfall....its the best

voodoo1032801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 voodoo1032801
Member since 2006 • 58 Posts

Hey just bought NightFall CE, loving it. Just asking do you guys think Guild wars takes skill in PvE.

And you guys have gotta check out these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCE-cm7cVpo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hXn_iLE7_Q&mode=related&search=

simszebing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447 simszebing
I think GW requires more skill PvP than PvE but which game doesnt haha.. In PvE somehow I never equip many heal skills tho I just let my monks heal me so it probably doesnt require much skill. Having said that I really had to micro my three heroes to a precision just to kill Avatar of Balthazar damn that boss was hard... at least for me and my henchies
simszebing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448 simszebing
and those videos made me feel bad that they decided not to make cinematics for Nightfall it would have been awesome to see an animated Dervish!!:D
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#449 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

If any of you remember DOOM 1 or 2, you should appreciate the music and shotgun aqppearance in Guild Wars, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwbObW1j5QM&mode=related&search

especially the BFG at the end :)