Will God Let Good People Into Heaven? (Poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts

According to God's Word, He won't - as, "There is none righteous; no, not one." In God's eyes, all our good deeds are "filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6). Christ Jesus is what makes the difference, according to the Word:
(John 14:1-11)- "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. {2} In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. {3} And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. {4} And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. {5} Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? {6} Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. {7} If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. {8} Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. {9} Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? {10} Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. {11} Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake."

(John 3:36)- "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

Naturally, some disagree with me, however. So, what do you believe? And what are your reasons for believing like you do?
Please Note: This topic's purpose is evangelism. Please keep the discussion around Christian/religious subjects; i.e. God, the Bible, Creationism vs. Evolutionism, etc., etc. And, of course, the topic question. Thank you.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.

Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Famiking
Member since 2009 • 4879 Posts
Only those who outright reject God when introduced to him. If they were never introduced to him then I think they will be let off if they were good people. I think anyone who worships one God and was a good person will go to heaven. But of course, it's all up to God who goes to heaven or not.
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
I don't believe in God. Ergo, your question is void. However, if he did exist, then I'm sure he would, regardless of what the propaganda-machine says.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

I have a hard time believing that God would let anyone burn in agonizing hell fire forever and ever if he truly loves them.

jojobaker15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#5 jojobaker15
Member since 2009 • 542 Posts
NO he wouldn't because we're all sinners and it's only through Christ that we can get into heavan.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Yes if he exists and heaven and hell exist (as places or not), he will because imo, deeds DO matter.

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
:| Why? Just why?
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
why waste your time contemplating if god is going to let you into heaven or not? its all such a waste of time
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Crushmaster

Only those who outright reject God when introduced to him. If they were never introduced to him then I think they will be let off if they were good people. I think anyone who worships one God and was a good person will go to heaven. But of course, it's all up to God who goes to heaven or not.Famiking

Indeed, it is. And He has made it clear in His Word that only those who accept Christ as their Savior and repent of their sins will be saved. If you never heard, you're still going to Hell.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Please Note: This topic's purpose is evangelism.Crushmaster

Wasn't your last topic against the new guidelines as well?

Lief_Ericson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lief_Ericson
Member since 2005 • 7082 Posts

I think he does or else whats the point of Heaven its like if Disneyland didn't let people in

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts

I have a hard time believing that God would let anyone burn in agonizing hell fire forever and ever if he truly loves them.

Dark_Knight6
How? Just think of hell like jail. The person broke the laws and now they have to suffer....forever.
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]Please Note: This topic's purpose is evangelism.foxhound_fox

Wasn't your last topic against the new guidelines as well?

evangelion was a great anime, highly reccomend

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Crushmaster

NO he wouldn't because we're all sinners and it's only through Christ that we can get into heavan.jojobaker15

Amen to that.:)

Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
[QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

How? Just think of hell like jail. The person broke the laws and now they have to suffer....forever.

Not a good analogy. Law-keepers (policemen) don't 'love' law-breakers...
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 foxhound_fox

evangelion was a great anime, highly reccomendnimatoad2000

Great? Fantastic you mean. In other news, Rebuild 2.0 is coming out on the 27th of June.

Immortalica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Immortalica
Member since 2008 • 6309 Posts
I don't believe in any of it.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

MgamerBD

Yeah, that makes sense. :| Infinite punishment for finite crimes.

Think of giving someone four life sentences for jay-walking. Now think of how much sense that doesn't make. Infinite punishment is kind of like that, only on quite a larger scale.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts
Only those who outright reject God when introduced to him. If they were never introduced to him then I think they will be let off if they were good people..Famiking
this
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

Don't know, don't care. I'd rather devote my life to living rather than devote my life to a place that may or may not exist.

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts
Great, but Heaven doesn't exist.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Crushmaster

super_mario_128

According to the Bible, God does not either. Look:
(Psalms 5:5-6)- "The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. {6} Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man."

God cannot love a lost person until they are made righteous through His righteousness, as God hates evil. And what are humans? Evil!

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="Famiking"]Only those who outright reject God when introduced to him. If they were never introduced to him then I think they will be let off if they were good people. I think anyone who worships one God and was a good person will go to heaven. But of course, it's all up to God who goes to heaven or not.Crushmaster

Indeed, it is. And He has made it clear in His Word that only those who accept Christ as their Savior and repent of their sins will be saved. If you never heard, you're still going to Hell.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.

The Bible is not god's word it has been tampered and tainted by man for nearly 2000 years of being rewritten. There is no telling how much is truthful if indeed the Bible is suppose to be the word of god.. Not to mention the Bible is not quite clear what is metaphorical and what it isn't, so you have people to this day who believe Noah's Ark as the literal truth.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="super_mario_128"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"] How? Just think of hell like jail. The person broke the laws and now they have to suffer....forever.Crushmaster

(Psalms 5:5-6)- "The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. {6} Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man."

God cannot love a lost person until they are made righteous through His righteousness, as God hates evil. And what are humans? Evil!

If God hates evil then why did he create it?

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
I do not believe in God, so the question is irrelevant. However, I tend to think that, if God exists, he/she/it would base admission into heaven based upon what a person actually did, and not whether or not that person worshiped him/her/it.
Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Famiking

In Christ,
Crushmaster.

Crushmaster

Eh, I'm not Christian so I don't agree :P

"Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allâh and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve" 2:62

And even then, I believe only kafir (a person who knows "the truth" but rejected it) go to hell for all eternity, or a person who has done many bad deeds.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Crushmaster

why waste your time contemplating if god is going to let you into heaven or not? its all such a waste of timenimatoad2000

...That's not a waste of time. Your eternal destiny can depend upon it; that's serious business.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Sun_Tzu-

Not to mention the Bible is not quite clear what is metaphorical and what it isn't, so you have people to this day who believe Noah's Ark as the literal truth.

sSubZerOo
Oh boy, you just opened a can of worms.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MgamerBD

super_mario_128

Although the bible is a book of laws so....doesn't that make God a judge? Anyway you get what I mean.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Crushmaster

If God hates evil then why did he create it? -Sun_Tzu-

He didn't create it. Evil is the absence of good, like cold is the absence of heat.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 foxhound_fox

If God hates evil then why did he create it?-Sun_Tzu-

For ***** and giggles? Its a pretty boring existence without something to hate. At least, I think it is. :/

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DrSponge

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]why waste your time contemplating if god is going to let you into heaven or not? its all such a waste of timeCrushmaster

...That's not a waste of time. Your eternal destiny can depend upon it; that's serious business.

:lol: srs bsns indeed.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

Not to mention the Bible is not quite clear what is metaphorical and what it isn't, so you have people to this day who believe Noah's Ark as the literal truth.

-Sun_Tzu-

lol no kidding, he's right though.

Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Famiking

If God hates evil then why did he create it?

-Sun_Tzu-

God created the human mind which is able to create evil.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

Its a good point to be made if there are no one way to interpret the Bible.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]why waste your time contemplating if god is going to let you into heaven or not? its all such a waste of timeDrSponge

:lol: srs bsns indeed.

:D

Eternal destiny is serious business.

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? {6} Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. {7} If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. {8} Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. {9} Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? {10} Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. {11} Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.MrPraline

Cool story bro.

:lol: Praline your post wins :lol:

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MgamerBD
[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

Yeah, that makes sense. :| Infinite punishment for finite crimes.

Think of giving someone four life sentences for jay-walking. Now think of how much sense that doesn't make. Infinite punishment is kind of like that, only on quite a larger scale.

I'm sure in the commandments or whatever God never put anyone in hell for jay-walking >_>. Just for crimes that is unforgivable like you know killing,stealing.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#40 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

deeds DO matter.

Teenaged

I wouldn't say that. A person can do a good deed out of impure motives. Think of sucking up to your boss as a good example: sure, you're treating him nicely, but only because you're driving by selfish desires; it has nothing to do with the fact that you like him or want to make him happy.

I would say that the motives driving a person's deeds are what matters, not the deeds themselves. There's a reason why Jesus constantly admonished those who announced good deeds with trumpets, or who did good deeds to those who can repay them - we ought to do such things simply out of love for our neighbors with no expectation of recompense, rather than for any carnal or material desires.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
deactivated-5b5d7639964d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
Member since 2008 • 8225 Posts

Wait up, I'll ask him.

Me:
Will you let good people into heaven?
God:
Hmm. What do you really want to ask me?
Me:
will you let good people into heaven?
God:
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it. I'm afraid I can't give you an accurate answer right now.
Me:
answer me douchebag
God:
What are you wearing?

CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
Your poll and topic in general confuse me... Regardless, I believe those who are only truly wicked go to hell. Anyone may have "evil" thoughts, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are truly "evil". Everyone, regardless of belief, goes to heaven and... umm, I kinda lost my train of thought.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MgamerBD

[QUOTE="super_mario_128"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"] How? Just think of hell like jail. The person broke the laws and now they have to suffer....forever.Crushmaster

Hey your making things worse. Even I find it annoyng when people bring up scriptures. You must argue with logic :x

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

Its a good point to be made if there are no one way to interpret the Bible.

Oh, I know, and I agree. But prepare to get hammered down with a plethora of biblical quotes.
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] If God hates evil then why did he create it? Crushmaster

He didn't create it. Evil is the absence of good, like cold is the absence of heat.

Wouldn't evil sensibly be the opposite of good? Wouldn't the absence of good simply be neutrality?

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Crushmaster

Eh, I'm not Christian so I don't agree :P

"Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allâh and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve" 2:62

And even then, I believe only kafir (a person who knows "the truth" but rejected it) go to hell for all eternity, or a person who has done many bad deeds.Famiking

Interesting.

Do you consider yourself to be a good person?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 foxhound_fox

I'm sure in the commandments or whatever God never put anyone in hell for jay-walking >_>. Just for crimes that is unforgivable like you know killing,stealing.MgamerBD

Any eternal punishment for a finite crime is incredibly unfair and non-just. Only an eternal crime deserves an eternal punishment.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] If God hates evil then why did he create it? Crushmaster

That's not what your fellow CWU members have told me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
If he don't then he's ****ing cruel. I don't believe in him because I've seen no proper evidence. I can't just make myself believe something out of thin air. It's like me asking you to believe in Santa Clause...you can say you believe in him, but deep down you know it's not true.
DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DrSponge
If he don't then he's ****ing cruel. I don't believe in him because I've seen no proper evidence. I can't just make myself believe something out of thin air. It's like me asking you to believe in Santa Clause...you can say you believe in him, but deep down you know it's not true.jointed
At least we'll be together in Hell :oops: