Why today's kids look down upon religion ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 mattisgod01
Member since 2005 • 3476 Posts

[QUOTE="jaydough"]

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]

and there are radical atheist to you are generalizing religion

Sunsha

Sure, but there's a difference between radical atheism and radical theism

One acts snarky all the time and the other blows up buildings.

Blowing up buildings is not good?

Not when there are people inside.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

History has taught us, that when religion is at is highest potency, Society is at it's lowest.

• The Dark ages in Europe
  • The Caliphate in Baghdad
Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Sunsha
Member since 2005 • 20662 Posts

Religion is base of a human being . Without religion there is no existence of a persons identity.Religion teaches us whats wright and whats wrong . You can't deny the principles of Christianity , Islam , Hinduism , Budhism ETC . When you get old , you'll realiseTruthand peace is in following your religion , worshipping your god and doing good for mankind than serving own purpose .

Religion always saved Humanity in the end . Many found peace and salvation from following a religion .

P.S -

Some High Power people sure take advantage of Religion for thier own sinister purpose . That dosen't brand Religion as EVIL . Honour Killings in name of Religion i don't approve .

indzman
You do not need religion to teach you what is right and what is wrong. You need self morals. People are capable of being good and also not being religious. I believe you have grown up with very strict teachings on this matter though...so I can understand why you believe such things.
Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Sunsha
Not when there are people inside.mattisgod01
I always forgot the small details.
imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts

Religion is base of a human being . Without religion there is no existence of a persons identity.Religion teaches us whats wright and whats wrong . You can't deny the principles of Christianity , Islam , Hinduism , Budhism ETC . When you get old , you'll realiseTruthand peace is in following your religion , worshipping your god and doing good for mankind than serving own purpose .

Religion always saved Humanity in the end . Many found peace and salvation from following a religion .

P.S -

Some High Power people sure take advantage of Religion for thier own sinister purpose . That dosen't brand Religion as EVIL . Honour Killings in name of Religion i don't approve .

indzman
1- Survival is the base of humanity. 2- No existance of a persons identity? What does that even mean? Some religious ploy to make one feel important and special? When in fact each and every human is as useless as the next... 3-Religion doesn't teach us what's "wright" and what's wrong. Common sense, and being an intelligent species does. 4-I can serve others without being in a religious order. 5-Religion hasn't saved humanity in the end, in fact, Religion has caused more wars then not...
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

I'm not naive. Religion isn't the only thing in the world that influences violence. But it can be an influence. And I don't think it's inaccurate to say that the anatomy of religious thought - i.e. the dogmatic adherence to a certain belief system, is one of the main reasons for why mankind resorts to violence.

-Sun_Tzu-

I accept that

That's actually not true. Many of the 9/11 hijackers were college educated. The Fort Hood shooter was a psychologist. The Christmas day bomber attended the University of London. The acting leader of Al Qaeda is a certified doctor. Most of the people I'm talking about come from wealthy backgrounds and are pretty well educated.

-Sun_Tzu-

They were all highly organised specific large scale attacks, and thats about 10-20 people, I doubt your run-of-the-mill (the general extremist population) suicide bomber has the same education

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

[QUOTE="indzman"]

P.S -

Sunsha

You do not need religion to teach you what is right and what is wrong. You need self morals. People are capable of being good and also not being religious. I believe you have grown up with very strict teachings on this matter though...so I can understand why you believe such things.

I have to say that religion has ZIP to do with behavior. NONE..THere are more horrible preachers kids out there than you can imagine. I know several..I grew up just fine without a strick religions background. Im going to be 40 soon..NEVER have done drugs. I dont drink. I dont cheat on my wife. My kids are 14 and 17 and they have NEVER heard me say a cussword. Ive never hit my wife. Im good to people...Im that way because of my upbringing and because thats just my nature..NOT because some GOD told me to be this way.

Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Sunsha
I have to say that religion has ZIP to do with behavior. NONE..THere are more horrible preachers kids out there than you can imagine. I know several..I grew up just fine without a strick religions background. Im going to be 40 soon..NEVER have done drugs. I dont drink. I dont cheat on my wife. My kids are 14 and 17 and they have NEVER heard me say a cussword. Ive never hit my wife. Im good to people...Im that way because of my upbringing and because thats just my nature..NOT because some GOD told me to be this way.VanDammFan
I'm 27 and never even been drunk. I would consider myself Agnostic leaning towards Atheist...and I'm also not going out and murdering people and looting for fun.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]I have to say that religion has ZIP to do with behavior. NONE..THere are more horrible preachers kids out there than you can imagine. I know several..I grew up just fine without a strick religions background. Im going to be 40 soon..NEVER have done drugs. I dont drink. I dont cheat on my wife. My kids are 14 and 17 and they have NEVER heard me say a cussword. Ive never hit my wife. Im good to people...Im that way because of my upbringing and because thats just my nature..NOT because some GOD told me to be this way.Sunsha
I'm 27 and never even been drunk. I would consider myself Agnostic leaning towards Atheist...and I'm also not going out and murdering people and looting for fun.

Do you think where you grew up had a role in helping you become the person you are today?
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 VanDammFan

[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]I have to say that religion has ZIP to do with behavior. NONE..THere are more horrible preachers kids out there than you can imagine. I know several..I grew up just fine without a strick religions background. Im going to be 40 soon..NEVER have done drugs. I dont drink. I dont cheat on my wife. My kids are 14 and 17 and they have NEVER heard me say a cussword. Ive never hit my wife. Im good to people...Im that way because of my upbringing and because thats just my nature..NOT because some GOD told me to be this way.Sunsha

awesome dude..I can also add to my self the fact ive NEVER been in a fight. EVER..Not that I havent wanted to be, but just not agressive in nature.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

[QUOTE="Sunsha"][QUOTE="VanDammFan"]I have to say that religion has ZIP to do with behavior. NONE..THere are more horrible preachers kids out there than you can imagine. I know several..I grew up just fine without a strick religions background. Im going to be 40 soon..NEVER have done drugs. I dont drink. I dont cheat on my wife. My kids are 14 and 17 and they have NEVER heard me say a cussword. Ive never hit my wife. Im good to people...Im that way because of my upbringing and because thats just my nature..NOT because some GOD told me to be this way.VanDammFan

awesome dude..I can also add to my self the fact ive NEVER been in a fight. EVER..Not that I havent wanted to be, but just not agressive in nature.

That awesome dude is a chick. :lol:
Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Sunsha
Do you think where you grew up had a role in helping you become the person you are today? ExoticAnimal
Possibly I suppose. I'm not anywhere near as closed minded as anyone here is though. Nor am I anywhere near as religious as most of them are.
awesome dude..I can also add to my self the fact ive NEVER been in a fight. EVER..Not that I havent wanted to be, but just not agressive in nature.VanDammFan
XD I have finally found my best friend. :-p
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

They were all highly organised specific large scale attacks, and thats about 10-20 people, I doubt your run-of-the-mill (the general extremist population) suicide bomber has the same education

chaoscougar1
That's not as true as you would think. Certainly there are uneducated people who are strapping bombs to themselves. But the more educated you are the more politically active you tend to be. Suicide bombing is essentially just a very morbid form of political activism, and so it attracts and/or gains the support of a fair number of educated individuals. And there's a lot of polling data within Muslim countries that shows a lot of educated people believe that suicide bombings is justified under certain circumstances. The story of who is most attracted to suicide bombings is a complicated one - you can't make generalizations about the life stories of the people blowing themselves up.
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 VanDammFan

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]Do you think where you grew up had a role in helping you become the person you are today? Sunsha
Possibly I suppose. I'm not anywhere near as closed minded as anyone here is though. Nor am I anywhere near as religious as most of them are.
awesome dude..I can also add to my self the fact ive NEVER been in a fight. EVER..Not that I havent wanted to be, but just not agressive in nature.VanDammFan
XD I have finally found my best friend. :-p

lol..good..im always in need of a friend..you have facebook?:)

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

A bit of logic worked its way into our brains.

Altiar25

not logic just personal belief big difference

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

I notice most of todays kids ( Teenagers )avoid being religious and are atheist. They beleive in studying / working hard , enjoying party , live life kingsize than being religious. They'd rather follow a Rock / Metal group than follow a religion.

Religion is foundation of ones culture and ethics . Religion saves a person from doingwrong things asSex , doing Drugs ETC kind of sins. Being Religious brings peace of mind .

Something is really wrong with today's kids . I blame Advancement of Technology and Fast Life ( Always running after Money & Pleasure ) .

indzman

Basic teenage rebellion. It's the same reason why so many people get freaking tattoos at that age. They want to rebel against something, so there you go.

Hey, I'm a total atheist. I used to be one of the people railing against the establishment and using every opportunity to call people stupid for believing in a god. These days, what's the point? Funniest thing for me is to look at the anti-religion threads that teens make here, and see how they all say EXACTLY THE SAME **** while each person somehow thinking that he just happened to stumble upon the thing that finally invalidates organized religion once and for all. And the older I get and the more young'uns I see parroting out the same old tired **** over and over again, the more that I realize how little any of this **** even matters.

I just think that at some point, people should sort of stop talking if they don't have anything new to say. Go ahead and rebel, but PLEASE find something more productive to rebel against than freaking organized religion. I'm an atheist as well. But to every single angry atheist here who suddenly found out that god is a lie, please do us all the courtesy of assuming that we've all heard that **** before.

Same thing for all of the religious people trying to get me to convert to christianity (or whatever).If you can't offer up anything more compelling than the standard old "you're going to hell if you don't worship Jesus" BS, then you'd might as well shut the hell up. Yeah, I obviously don't live in a cave, I've heard THOUSANDS of people use that **** to try to convert me before I even met you. It didn't work then, so don't even bother trying that **** on me unless you're seriously offering up something NEW that I haven't been constantly hearing for my entire ****ing life.

I mean, in reality, how much does this **** really even matter? In "real life" approximately zero of my interactions with real people have ANYTHING to do with religion, since in a real world sense that's largely ****ing irrelevant.

Yes, we all have beliefs, and the vast majority of us haven't been living in freaking caves for our entire lives. If you can't offer up some actual goddamn proof for why your beliefs are right, and if you aren't coming up with some new and compelling arguments that I haven't heard 1000 times already, then what's the point of even bringing that **** up? It's like a five year old kid who suddenly realizes that the Earth is round, and who then goes around telling everyone he sees that the earth is round. At some point it doesn't even matter if he's right or wrong. The point is that you've already heard anything that he can possibly bring to the table, so it's ****ing annoying having to listen to him educate you on that **** as if you had never heard it before.

Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Sunsha
lol..good..im always in need of a friend..you have facebook?:)VanDammFan
We move fast these days eh? >.>
Vaultl101egend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Vaultl101egend
Member since 2011 • 258 Posts

I notice most of todays kids ( Teenagers )avoid being religious and are atheist. They beleive in studying / working hard , enjoying party , live life kingsize than being religious. They'd rather follow a Rock / Metal group than follow a religion.

Religion is foundation of ones culture and ethics . Religion saves a person from doingwrong things asSex , doing Drugs ETC kind of sins. Being Religious brings peace of mind .

Something is really wrong with today's kids . I blame Advancement of Technology and Fast Life ( Always running after Money & Pleasure ) .

indzman

But, i'm an atheist and i'm neither a Partier, Kid,Teen, or snob..

Wait..

does that mean...

I AM THE CHOSEN ONE!!!!

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#70 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts

Religion saves a person from doingwrong things asSex , indzman

Oh brother.

Vaultl101egend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Vaultl101egend

[QUOTE="indzman"] Religion saves a person from doingwrong things asSex , shinian

Oh brother.

Doing wrog things, assex. I think he meant Ass Ex.

kussese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#72 kussese
Member since 2008 • 1555 Posts

[QUOTE="shinian"]

[QUOTE="indzman"] Religion saves a person from doingwrong things asSex , Vaultl101egend

Oh brother.

Nah, he meant ass sex. Like butt sex. But better somehow.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

guys, he never responded to a single person in 4 pages. let it go.

Vaultl101egend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Vaultl101egend

[QUOTE="Vaultl101egend"]

[QUOTE="shinian"]

Oh brother.

kussese

Nah, he meant ass sex. Like butt sex. But better somehow.

Better, depends....

Avatar image for LieutenantFeist
LieutenantFeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LieutenantFeist
Member since 2008 • 1529 Posts

Not being religious and saying "naw I'm unique so I don't believe in all that cause the bible is like totally unrealistic" seems to be the new thing.

Alacoque72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Alacoque72
Member since 2008 • 1238 Posts

Because newer generations are smarter and don't get brainwashed into believing religous bullcrap as much

imetamonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 imetamonster
Member since 2008 • 793 Posts

kids are learning and people on earth are evolving.

To be honest, i love it.

Wouldnt want it to be 40 years ago where you couldnt be openly gay without bein shot.

In this age i can be who i am, without trying to hide my sexuality.

imetamonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 imetamonster

Not being religious and saying "naw I'm unique so I don't believe in all that cause the bible is like totally unrealistic" seems to be the new thing.

LieutenantFeist

Maybe for a few...

But i think people are just learning.

Im still christian. I do not follow what majority of christians are like. Be myself and use my own personal judgement on things.

I thinkthe majority ofpeople as a whole are just learning how to do this.

Vaultl101egend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Vaultl101egend

kids are learning and people on earth are evolving.

To be honest, i love it.

Wouldnt want it to be 40 years ago where you couldnt be openly gay without bein shot.

In this age i can be who i am, without trying to hide my sexuality.

imetamonster

^This. It's great how the US Has evolved from glb community discriminators to, well, ust look at the recent New York bill. 8)

gameking5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#80 gameking5000
Member since 2007 • 1360 Posts

Because newer generations are smarter and don't get brainwashed into believing religous bullcrap as much

Alacoque72

People have aways been smart. People like Issac Newton, Gaileo, Plato, Socrates. They were all smart and have made amazing contributions to us.

lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
the kids have access to the internets and lern demself some logics and whatnots
r4v3gl0ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#82 r4v3gl0ry
Member since 2006 • 1285 Posts

indzman

I am agnostic and I live like an atheist. Nobody around me would be able to tell that I am agnostic if they followed me around for a day. Funny thing is, I learned my own morals and values just by living my life. I don't look towards just one role model; I jump from one to the other. I read and absorb what wisdom I can from books and other sources.

And the point about the advancement of tech and living a fast life...I'm actually with you. Life is dynamic, I can accept that,butpeople just have so much media and information thrown at them at such an alarming ratethese days. But teachers and parents push for thinking about the future and looking towards success every day. It's become natural. Living a fast life and living a life of instant gratification involved with drugs and sex are two different things, friend.

Besides, teens are teens. Let 'em grow. Those values don't just come from piety. When I was a bit younger, I used to look down on religion as a weak person's way of finding guidance. But some people just don't need guidance. They prefer to ponder the mysteries of life independently.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Because it's easy to.
fighter91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#84 fighter91
Member since 2005 • 1293 Posts
I'm not sure if you are serious. There is a hint of sarcasm in your post...
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

because kids are dumb and think they know everythingmems_1224

Yeah, stupid atheist kids thinking they know everything, nothing like us *insert religion here* people.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Kids are getting smarter ?

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

not the best place to ask that ur gonna get biased answers here

imetamonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 imetamonster

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]because kids are dumb and think they know everythingPernicioEnigma
Yeah, stupid athiest kids thinking they know everything, nothing like us *insert religion here* people.

hahaha nice one

KUDOS

Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Sunsha

Kids are getting smarter ?

Sagem28
Impossible...children can not learn.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Because religion is holding back advancement in technology and humanity as a whole. Some also spread a message which is morally arguable, and children are indoctrinated into believing in such things simply because of the family they are born into. Some religions also have medical practices at birth which are massive breaches of freedom and rights. However they are allowed to go ahead because they are permitted under god. There are plenty of other religious practice also which although breaching rights, are allowed in modern society.
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Sunsha

You really should, all the cool Atheists are doing it !

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#92 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Dont know man.

The youth of today is so corrupted and lost. We gotta help save them from horrendous acts like sex and all that vile disgusting wrongdoings.

Personally I am traditional so I keep my sisters locked in the house and they'll only go outside when I approve of the right husband for them. The tests will be rigorous.

xXShortroundXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 xXShortroundXx
Member since 2011 • 1807 Posts

indzman
Religion is a scapegoat for mankind's faults and successes, it is more convoluted than a Michael Bay film and has taken more life's than any World War. I avoid religion because it causes to much problems. Religion = misfortune. Agnostic = happiness.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
Technology, I think, isolates us. It keeps us content with being behind our computer monitors and engaging in pseudorelationships. When we remove ourselves from actual human interactions, we remove our desire to believe in God.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

In the old days, religious parents could keep their kids as a captive audience. They didn't get much exposure to the idea of there not being a God.

Today information is easily accessible and global. They can see all the arguments for themselves, and make up their own minds.

Global communication and the free exchange of ideas is the biggest enemy to religious indoctrination. There are still people who cling to religious ideoligies; despite the internet, but there is a wealth of information debunking them. The "why do people laugh at creationists" is an example of creationism being exposed and debunked, and also demonstrating how crazy it is. There is also the work of none stamp collector and DarkMatter2525 where people can see the nonsense of religion being demonstrated.

Kids from older generations didn't have access to this sort of material.

Technology, I think, isolates us. It keeps us content with being behind our computer monitors and engaging in pseudorelationships. When we remove ourselves from actual human interactions, we remove our desire to believe in God.Genetic_Code

Nope. There is no link between how social someone is and their susceptability to religion. Unless you are suggesting that religion requires social preasures to enforce faith? I wouldn't really call that faith.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#96 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Probably because 95% of the arguments one can find that are in favour of religion are also total ****.

Like the post that the O.P. made.

Good-Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Good-Apollo
Member since 2007 • 751 Posts

I think it's pretty ****ing childish to believe in a magical sky daddy, but whatever...

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#98 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Because they subconsciously realise that following a backward desert cult is counterproductive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

I don't look down on religion but a lot of religious people I meet tend to be disrespectful to other peoples views

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
they look down on religion because they look up to obama, amiright. look i just mixed religion and politics with a statement that makes no sense and it still has a better foundation than most of the crap in this thread