Why do atheists feel the need to advertise their godlessness?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#101 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Yes, I do need a study. Otherwise, what you state is unfounded and I have no need to listen to the absolute drivel anymore.

toast_burner

So on one side you have a person who does not drink, does not smokes, does not consumes drugs, keeps a single sexual partner (and its a mutual thing, so the other partner also keeps only 1) and has always been like that. on the other side you have someone who does multiple drugs, drinks an alarming amount of alcohol, does reckless thing such as drunk driving, has sex with over 10 strangers a week, gets into a lot of fights, provokes lots of people and has no "moral line". excluding events that the person couldnt control (for example being killed by a drunk driver while simply walking on the sidewalk) which one would you expect to live longer?

and what has any of that got to do with religion? What makes you think an atheist is more likely to do any of that stuff?

Seriously? not even you agree with that. Like I said an atheist can behave just like what I said above, but most dont, I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]

Then what you're saying is completely meaningless. religion doesn't teach anything about morals, if you read the bible it does the opposite.

toast_burner

The teachings of Jesus Christ tell me something else. Summarizing some of the teachings: dont judge others, its not your job. be respectful towards what they do. dont start fights. lead a healthy lifestyle. be generous, give to the ones who need it the most. dont be greedy. be friendly, be merciful, even towards your enemy. Yes im aware of the old testament, and like its said in the bible the mosaic law was replaced, for Christ's law is bigger.

Now why do you need religion for any of that? The whole fabric of society holds together by those concepts, it's not something Jesus started nor is it something you need to listen to him to learn.

All Christianity does is tell you things you already know, then throws in some stuff that holds society back (e.g. homophobia).

I believe Christians shouldnt be homophobic, like I said "dont judge others, its not your job". if being homosexual is bad, God will judge them, I dont have to treat them different or condemn them or disrespect them for that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] So on one side you have a person who does not drink, does not smokes, does not consumes drugs, keeps a single sexual partner (and its a mutual thing, so the other partner also keeps only 1) and has always been like that. on the other side you have someone who does multiple drugs, drinks an alarming amount of alcohol, does reckless thing such as drunk driving, has sex with over 10 strangers a week, gets into a lot of fights, provokes lots of people and has no "moral line". excluding events that the person couldnt control (for example being killed by a drunk driver while simply walking on the sidewalk) which one would you expect to live longer?lightleggy

and what has any of that got to do with religion? What makes you think an atheist is more likely to do any of that stuff?

Seriously? not even you agree with that. Like I said an atheist can behave just like what I said above, but most dont, I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

and neither do most christians. Can you prove that being religious makes people better? You made the claim, now prove it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61524 Posts

So on one side you have a person who does not drink, does not smokes, does not consumes drugs, keeps a single sexual partner (and its a mutual thing, so the other partner also keeps only 1) and has always been like that. on the other side you have someone who does multiple drugs, drinks an alarming amount of alcohol, does reckless thing such as drunk driving, has sex with over 10 strangers a week, gets into a lot of fights, provokes lots of people and has no "moral line". excluding events that the person couldnt control (for example being killed by a drunk driver while simply walking on the sidewalk) which one would you expect to live longer?lightleggy

renotverybrightareyou.gif

Why are Christians limited to the "Holier than thou" sh*t, and athiests are painted as the Devil incarnate?

I know you're trying to troll, but looking like a 6 year old without a general idea of what they are talking about, isn't really trolling :?

Avatar image for RationalAtheist
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 RationalAtheist
Member since 2007 • 4428 Posts

Well if you ask me, I believe creationism is a widely misunderstood subject, the bible doesnt say adam and eve were the only human beings, it says they were the first, its pretty clear later that there were more humans aside from adam and eve. the book of job also states that humans werent the first creatures to walk on earth.

lightleggy

Genesis does go on to describe their disfunctional children. Is that what you mean? Genesis does also describe their creation. There are several accounts of this in Genesis too.

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
Most people in general like to feel their needs
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 RationalAtheist

I believe Christians shouldnt be homophobic, like I said "dont judge others, its not your job". if being homosexual is bad, God will judge them, I dont have to treat them different or condemn them or disrespect them for that.lightleggy

They get righteous justification for it in the New Testament and the Old Testament, so who can blame them.

It's funny you talking about not being judgmental, while being judgmental about atheists.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]

toast_burner

and neither do most christians. Can you prove that being religious makes people better? You made the claim, now prove it.

And why do you ignore what I said earlier? the ideal Christian wouldnt, hell even I said it myself, most of the christians today are pseudo christians.
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 RationalAtheist

And why do you ignore what I said earlier? the ideal Christian wouldnt, hell even I said it myself, most of the christians today are pseudo christians.lightleggy

Are you judging again? I thought you said that was un-Christian.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]So on one side you have a person who does not drink, does not smokes, does not consumes drugs, keeps a single sexual partner (and its a mutual thing, so the other partner also keeps only 1) and has always been like that. on the other side you have someone who does multiple drugs, drinks an alarming amount of alcohol, does reckless thing such as drunk driving, has sex with over 10 strangers a week, gets into a lot of fights, provokes lots of people and has no "moral line". excluding events that the person couldnt control (for example being killed by a drunk driver while simply walking on the sidewalk) which one would you expect to live longer?lundy86_4

renotverybrightareyou.gif

Why are Christians limited to the "Holier than thou" sh*t, and athiests are painted as the Devil incarnate?

I know you're trying to troll, but looking like a 6 year old without a general idea of what they are talking about, isn't really trolling :?

again, you didnt read everything I said, if you are not going to read it then please dont make those claims. and im not trolling you either. I never said atheists cant be good people, as a matter of fact I said the opposite, even going on to say that I actually know atheist and non christians who behave way better than most christians. im not perfect either, I do a lot of bad things, and im trying to change that, so no dont believe that im claiming to be some superior being to atheist or something like that. dont put words in my mouth.
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 RationalAtheist

again, you didnt read everything I said, if you are not going to read it then please dont make those claims. and im not trolling you either. I never said atheists cant be good people, as a matter of fact I said the opposite, even going on to say that I actually know atheist and non christians who behave way better than most christians. im not perfect either, I do a lot of bad things, and im trying to change that, so no dont believe that im claiming to be some superior being to atheist or something like that. dont put words in my mouth.lightleggy

So you admit that this whole idea of your's about a superior Chrisitan morality just does not work out in reality.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]I believe Christians shouldnt be homophobic, like I said "dont judge others, its not your job". if being homosexual is bad, God will judge them, I dont have to treat them different or condemn them or disrespect them for that.RationalAtheist

They get righteous justification for it in the New Testament and the Old Testament, so who can blame them.

It's funny you talking about not being judgmental, while being judgmental about atheists.

Could you give examples?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] Yes, but if they are going to talk about it they should be open to how both sides work. I may love to walk around naked, but if im going to a place where walking naked is a serious crime, im gonna wear some clothes, because even tho I have no problem against being naked, the people who live at that place do, so I need to play by their rules.lightleggy

This is the same argument creationists use to teach creationism in biology. Both sides aren't really equal. One has loads of peer-reviewed evidence, the other has nothing.

Well if you ask me, I believe creationism is a widely misunderstood subject, the bible doesnt say adam and eve were the only human beings, it says they were the first, its pretty clear later that there were more humans aside from adam and eve. the book of job also states that humans werent the first creatures to walk on earth.

Misunderstood? It's a load of stale tripe no matter how you twist it.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]And why do you ignore what I said earlier? the ideal Christian wouldnt, hell even I said it myself, most of the christians today are pseudo christians.RationalAtheist

how is it judging? what do you take for judging? Even Jesus said "hipocrites". I dont behave like an ideal christian either. juding would be more like "THOSE DAMN PEOPLE, IM GONNA CHASE THEM DOWN AND IM GONNA MAKE THEM BURN FOR NOT FOLLOWING THE TEACHINGS!" im stating the truth, if a guy walks in front of me and robs an old lady im gonna say "he is a thief". what is meant when Jesus said "dont judge" was dont carry prejudices or condemn people for things they do. those that mean there shouldnt be laws? not at all, there are authorities for it. the phrase is meant to explain that only God is a judge, the only one who can pass judgment, condemn, or reward. as for earthly stuff (such as robbing) there are authorities placed to take the proper steps.
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 RationalAtheist

Could you give examples?

tenaka2

Sure.

pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 pie-junior
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Could you give examples?

RationalAtheist

Sure.

lol
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 RationalAtheist

how is it judging? what do you take for judging? Even Jesus said "hipocrites". I dont behave like an ideal christian either. juding would be more like "THOSE DAMN PEOPLE, IM GONNA CHASE THEM DOWN AND IM GONNA MAKE THEM BURN FOR NOT FOLLOWING THE TEACHINGS!" im stating the truth, if a guy walks in front of me and robs an old lady im gonna say "he is a thief". what is meant when Jesus said "dont judge" was dont carry prejudices or condemn people for things they do. those that mean there shouldnt be laws? not at all, there are authorities for it. the phrase is meant to explain that only God is a judge, the only one who can pass judgment, condemn, or reward. as for earthly stuff (such as robbing) there are authorities placed to take the proper steps.lightleggy

You saying "most Christians are only pseudo-Christians" sounds to me like you're judging them.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]again, you didnt read everything I said, if you are not going to read it then please dont make those claims. and im not trolling you either. I never said atheists cant be good people, as a matter of fact I said the opposite, even going on to say that I actually know atheist and non christians who behave way better than most christians. im not perfect either, I do a lot of bad things, and im trying to change that, so no dont believe that im claiming to be some superior being to atheist or something like that. dont put words in my mouth.RationalAtheist

So you admit that this whole idea of your's about a superior Chrisitan morality just does not work out in reality.

it works in reality, it perfectly works in reality, sadly there are only a few people who apply it, that doesnt mean that it "does not work"
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="RationalAtheist"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Could you give examples?

pie-junior

Sure.

lol

lol yeah i know, i suspect a double cross.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]how is it judging? what do you take for judging? Even Jesus said "hipocrites". I dont behave like an ideal christian either. juding would be more like "THOSE DAMN PEOPLE, IM GONNA CHASE THEM DOWN AND IM GONNA MAKE THEM BURN FOR NOT FOLLOWING THE TEACHINGS!" im stating the truth, if a guy walks in front of me and robs an old lady im gonna say "he is a thief". what is meant when Jesus said "dont judge" was dont carry prejudices or condemn people for things they do. those that mean there shouldnt be laws? not at all, there are authorities for it. the phrase is meant to explain that only God is a judge, the only one who can pass judgment, condemn, or reward. as for earthly stuff (such as robbing) there are authorities placed to take the proper steps.RationalAtheist

You saying "most Christians are only pseudo-Christians" sounds to me like you're judging them.

If they arent following the actual teachings of Christ, then how should I call them? should I still call them christians? So if a guy comes and shows me a blue cloth and tells me "this is a green cloth" and I tell him "no, thats a blue cloth" im judging?
norm41x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#121 norm41x
Member since 2011 • 813 Posts

Everyone on this forum religious or not has set a stereotype for each other. Atheists think the religious like to crucify and stone people who don't agree with science and the religious think the athiests are out ripping bibles apart holding yard sticks dressed like Steve Urkel (Bill Nye joke for those who didn't get it). So it's really just better to let them think what they want and watch them make fools of themselves by creating countless threads such as this over and over just to insult each party.

I had a thread like this not so long ago where I learned pretty much what I posted. After that I just sit back and watch people rip at eachothers throats.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#122 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
[QUOTE="RationalAtheist"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]And why do you ignore what I said earlier? the ideal Christian wouldnt, hell even I said it myself, most of the christians today are pseudo christians.lightleggy

how is it judging? what do you take for judging? Even Jesus said "hipocrites". I dont behave like an ideal christian either. juding would be more like "THOSE DAMN PEOPLE, IM GONNA CHASE THEM DOWN AND IM GONNA MAKE THEM BURN FOR NOT FOLLOWING THE TEACHINGS!" im stating the truth, if a guy walks in front of me and robs an old lady im gonna say "he is a thief". what is meant when Jesus said "dont judge" was dont carry prejudices or condemn people for things they do. those that mean there shouldnt be laws? not at all, there are authorities for it. the phrase is meant to explain that only God is a judge, the only one who can pass judgment, condemn, or reward. as for earthly stuff (such as robbing) there are authorities placed to take the proper steps.

Actually, judging means prescribing a certain view point on someone, values, giving them a certain destiny and so on. So when you say most Christians aren't really Christian, you're effectively putting a label on them, which is the very definition of judging.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#123 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
Why do religion feel the need to advertise their godlessness?
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 RationalAtheist

If they arent following the actual teachings of Christ, then how should I call them? should I still call them christians? So if a guy comes and shows me a blue cloth and tells me "this is a green cloth" and I tell him "no, thats a blue cloth" im judging?lightleggy

Why should you judge them at all? Why is that your business? You were only just saying how that is not your job, but your Gods. Shouldn't you be concentrating on yourself instead? It is "odd" how common this happens with Christians though.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 lightleggy
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="RationalAtheist"]

michaelP4

Actually, judging means prescribing a certain view point on someone, values, giving them a certain destiny and so on. So when you say most Christians aren't really Christian, you're effectively putting a label on them, which is the very definition of judging.

OK, so I like I said a guy comes in a room and says "im christian you know? yeah super christian, I have a crucifix in my house and all". then he leaves the room, and he finds some booze and starts drinking it, then he finds a prostitute and has sex with her. so I cant say that he isnt being a christian by doing those things?. even I dont behave like a christian all the time, im really trying to change that, I make mistakes too. my point is that the one I follow does not makes mistakes, while I do.
Avatar image for tylergamereview
tylergamereview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#126 tylergamereview
Member since 2006 • 2051 Posts

Everyone on this forum religious or not has set a stereotype for each other. Atheists think the religious like to crucify and stone people who don't agree with science and the religious think the athiests are out ripping bibles apart holding yard sticks dressed like Steve Urkel (Bill Nye joke for those who didn't get it). So it's really just better to let them think what they want and watch them make fools of themselves by creating countless threads such as this over and over just to insult each party.

I had a thread like this not so long ago where I learned pretty much what I posted. After that I just sit back and watch people rip at eachothers throats.

norm41x
Mind if I grab a seat next to you? I'm getting tired of these religion threads. Nobody agrees with each other, nobody changes their mind about anything. It's all very counter-productive.
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 michaelP4

norm41x
Not really. In my experience, you start with a stereotype and as you discuss more, it tends to break down. I have fundamentalist Christian friends and we can discuss these issues respectfully - it's actually one of the binding ingredients of our friendships, as most people I've came across would rather not discuss religion. Fundamentalist Christians also seem very interested as to how I could go from being a fundamentalist to an atheist, literally from one end of the spectrum to the other, so they love hearing me out and likewise I love hearing them out as well.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="michaelP4"][QUOTE="lightleggy"] how is it judging? what do you take for judging? Even Jesus said "hipocrites". I dont behave like an ideal christian either. juding would be more like "THOSE DAMN PEOPLE, IM GONNA CHASE THEM DOWN AND IM GONNA MAKE THEM BURN FOR NOT FOLLOWING THE TEACHINGS!" im stating the truth, if a guy walks in front of me and robs an old lady im gonna say "he is a thief". what is meant when Jesus said "dont judge" was dont carry prejudices or condemn people for things they do. those that mean there shouldnt be laws? not at all, there are authorities for it. the phrase is meant to explain that only God is a judge, the only one who can pass judgment, condemn, or reward. as for earthly stuff (such as robbing) there are authorities placed to take the proper steps.lightleggy

OK, so I like I said a guy comes in a room and says "im christian you know? yeah super christian, I have a crucifix in my house and all". then he leaves the room, and he finds some booze and starts drinking it, then he finds a prostitute and has sex with her. so I cant say that he isnt being a christian by doing those things?. even I dont behave like a christian all the time, im really trying to change that, I make mistakes too. my point is that the one I follow does not makes mistakes, while I do.

Well Jesus drank booze and hung around with prostitutes, so...

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]If they arent following the actual teachings of Christ, then how should I call them? should I still call them christians? So if a guy comes and shows me a blue cloth and tells me "this is a green cloth" and I tell him "no, thats a blue cloth" im judging?RationalAtheist

Why should you judge them at all? Why is that your business? You were only just saying how that is not your job, but your Gods. Shouldn't you be concentrating on yourself instead? It is "odd" how common this happens with Christians though.

Actually, you are completely right, I shouldnt be doing it. and no im not agreeing just to end the discussion, you are right, its not my job to judge, and I just saw it. I apologize if I offended you, or anyone, with what I said, I wasnt right. Its actually funny, how these things work. God works in mysterious ways.
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 michaelP4
[QUOTE="lightleggy"] so I cant say that he isnt being a christian by doing those things?.

Not according to Jesus, no. Judging is left to God to do. Christians are suppose to love the sinner, hate the sin - so you're suppose to show an example rather than condemn and allow people the choice to continue on sinning or to change their ways.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Why do people keep making these pointless threads? Atheists don't go door to door asking people to convert. Some might advertise it. But Christians and all other religions do it just as much if not more. Who cares. Stop making these threads. Nobody wants to see them.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61524 Posts

To be honest, this is like a night out with my buds. We always devolve to the politics/religous talk... If that's devolution, considering our other conversations :lol:

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 lightleggy
[QUOTE="michaelP4"][QUOTE="lightleggy"] so I cant say that he isnt being a christian by doing those things?.

Not according to Jesus, no. Judging is left to God to do. Christians are suppose to love the sinner, hate the sin - so you're suppose to show an example rather than condemn and allow people the choice to continue on sinning or to change their ways.

As I said to the user above me, you are right. its really not my job to do it, but to try and help them, one of the things I got to change too.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 worlock77

Why do people keep making these pointless threads? Atheists don't go door to door asking people to convert. Some might advertise it. But Christians and all other religions do it just as much if not more. Who cares. Stop making these threads. Nobody wants to see them.

SouL-Tak3R

Why do people who "don't want to see" these threads always make a point to enter into and b*tch about them? Would it not be easier to simply ignore such threads?

jetpower3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 jetpower3
Member since 2005 • 11631 Posts

[QUOTE="jetpower3"]

[QUOTE="seahorse123"]If there was no religion then there would be half the wars there are, millions of people would still be alive today!Nibroc420

The worst wars/theatres of war of our time have rarely invoked religion to any meaningful degree. Rhetoric and propoganda, yes, but the fighting goes on regardless.

People have justified wars in the past, and many wars have gone on because two religions couldn't pray quietly, or at least respect each other. They're children, arguing over which of their imaginary friends are real, yet none have any legitimate evidence.

Fascism, communism, democracy, capitalism, etc. Those seem to be the 4 big ticket ideologies of international war in the last 70-80 years and they generally have little to do with religion.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 michaelP4
And as for why threads like these are always made: it feeds people like me who have a passion for debating religion and politics. It's just part of my personality (and I'm an easy going guy btw) to naturally get involved in these debates - can't help it.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 lightleggy
And as for why threads like these are always made: it feeds people like me who have a passion for debating religion and politics. It's just part of my personality (and I'm an easy going guy btw) to naturally get involved in these debates - can't help it.michaelP4
Same here actually :P there is just some sort of pleasure comming from these things :lol:
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#140 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts
The vast majority of atheists I know don't act like you describe, TC. The only ones who really act like that are teens on the Internet who get off belittling people who don't act and think like them while having a keyboard to hide behind. For the atheists who do act like that, I only have one thing to say: If you really are so superior to religious people you can show your intelligence by not stooping to their level and acting like an ass. It's no different than getting into an argument with a child, it just makes you look stupid.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

[QUOTE="SouL-Tak3R"]

worlock77

Why do people who "don't want to see" these threads always make a point to enter into and b*tch about them? Would it not be easier to simply ignore such threads?

Be honest. Do you like seeing the same posting every single week with the same responses?It just takes up space.There is a search button.

norm41x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#142 norm41x
Member since 2011 • 813 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="SouL-Tak3R"]

SouL-Tak3R

Be honest. Do you like seeing the same posting every single week with the same responses?It just takes up space.There is a search button.

It just makes it look like the majority of the people on this forum don't know what else to talk about. Every other thread... Ehh, maybe 2-3 pages of posting if you're lucky. Religious threads? 20+ pages.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="SouL-Tak3R"]

SouL-Tak3R

And by posting here you're only contributing to that which you are complaining about. It's not really difficult to ignore threads.

Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts
Because it got to be Chocolate Jesus.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#145 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

good question, lets all be a group who doesn't believe in anything. yep

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

good question, lets all be a group who doesn't believe in anything. yep

Chris_Williams
That doesn't work because your believing in not believing in anything ha
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#147 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

Insecurity and a need to have their sense of identity validated. Same reasons why some theists advertise their faith.

sonicare
Pretty much this.
Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#148 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

What's wrong with people creating a union filled with people of similar interests?(or lack of I guess) That's the whole point of a Union...

Anywho I don't advocate preaching your religion (or lack of) to people not interested in hearing about it, although no one's forcing you to go to the Atheist Union so no one's forcing you to go to the union's board and read the horrendous Anti-God blasphemous threads they create.

In real life I've never has an Atheist come to me and try to convert me, so I can't see the argument for that either. As an Atheist I don't impose my beliefs on those with different ones.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

What's wrong with people creating a union filled with people of similar interests?(or lack of I guess) That's the whole point of a Union...

Anywho I don't advocate preaching your religion (or lack of) to people not interested in hearing about it, although no one's forcing you to go to the Atheist Union so no one's forcing you to go to the union's board and read the horrendous Anti-God blasphemous threads they create.

In real life I've never has an Atheist come to me and try to convert me, so I can't see the argument for that either. As an Atheist I don't impose my beliefs on those with different ones.

Slashless

Yeah, atheism doesn't need to spread things to others, reason itself is doing it. Record numbers of people are leaving organized religion on their own.

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
Cause they think its cool for some reason and think people are suppose to care