Why do atheists feel the need to advertise their godlessness?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for RationalAtheist
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 RationalAtheist
Member since 2007 • 4428 Posts

I am not sounding like an atheist. I do believe in something like a resurrection, but I'm simply stating a fact of life. Even if you do life out your life to the fullest extent, it's going to have to end some day, and something can make up for that. Also, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Why would I have shadenfreude in my posts? Last time I checked I'm a human too...and I'm in the same position. :roll:ShadowsDemon

Resurrection is surely not a fact of life - that would be a contradiction.

Schadenfreude is a "shameful joy" (roughly translated) - some feeling that I get when I read your misguided and ill-informed posts.

EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 EatShanna
Member since 2008 • 875 Posts
I'm not a believer myself and most religious people I've met never talked about religion or attempted to "convert" me. Atheists(and this includes friends of mine) however seem to have this need to shoot their mouths off about their lack of belief even when it's irrelevant. Which is why as an atheist I find most atheists irritating.
Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

I'm not a believer myself and most religious people I've met never talked about religion or attempted to "convert" me. Atheists(and this includes friends of mine) however seem to have this need to shoot their mouths off about their lack of belief even when it's irrelevant. Which is why as an atheist I find most atheists irritating. EatShanna

Interesting, I've never met another atheist in person before so I've never heard that before. My Christian friends do the same thing your atheist friends do