Why are concerts so popular?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheOddQuantum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201 TheOddQuantum
Member since 2008 • 2472 Posts
Frankly, I do not like the chaotic atmosphere in rock or concerts. I only enjoy small gigs, with few people. Or piano recitals.
Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#202 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
I don't go to big arena shows very often. Maybe once or twice a year. that said, i do go to a lot of club shows. The way I feel is that it's often just a nice, different way to spend a night out with friends. It's certainly a lot more interesting than just grabbing a drink or playing video games every night, not that that isn't fun. That and club show tickets generally aren't too bad $-wise, compared to arena shows. Honestly, if you don't drink, or only grab one drink, it usually ends up being the same amount you would've spent on booze had you just hit a bar.
YRMA-JAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 YRMA-JAR
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts
I love going to gigs and stuff. The atmosphere is amazing - you really feel like a part of something and like you have a connection with the rest of the crowd. You can just talk to random people and I just really enjoy it. All the bands i've seen live have been good too:)
Avatar image for Maverick_Chaos1
Maverick_Chaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204 Maverick_Chaos1
Member since 2007 • 415 Posts
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"]I think it's awesome when a band you like is playing a song you love and you and everyone in the crowd are singing at the top of their lungs. LittleHands134
Most people can't sing well though. Doesn't it ruin the quality of the song for you?

Why are you making such stupid generalisations? Which bands have you seen?
escapeoftheape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 escapeoftheape
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts
all those reasons you listed in the first posts are the reasons i LOVE GOING TO CONCERTS :D well.. if they are rock concerts, that is. i dont like those calmed down "clap your hands" concerts. thats just lame. and boring. i just LOVE uniting with thousands of fans of the same music as me, and just let myself loose together with them! no matter if theyre smelly or not! most of the people look at me in a disgusted way when i tell them that the moment i get out of a concert, i am soaked with not only my own sweat, but with others too, and that ive just drunk out of the SAME BOTTLE AS MARILYN MANSON and i can barely walk cause ive been literally jumping for 3 straight hours., and LOVING IT. alright, that last sentence made no sense at all whatsoever hahah but you get my point :) its lovely!
Jillian11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Jillian11
Member since 2008 • 530 Posts
I love concerts. I don't mosh very often because I get crushed (I'm fairly small) but I love headbanging and meeting the bands and they're amazing live so I'm happy. :)
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

[QUOTE="LittleHands134"][QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"]I think it's awesome when a band you like is playing a song you love and you and everyone in the crowd are singing at the top of their lungs. Maverick_Chaos1
Most people can't sing well though. Doesn't it ruin the quality of the song for you?

Why are you making such stupid generalisations? Which bands have you seen?

Most people do suck but when do you ever notice one person in the crowd? It just turn into one monstrous voice so it doesn't sound bad at all.