Why are concerts so popular?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gobo212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 gobo212
Member since 2003 • 6277 Posts
[QUOTE="tzar3"]Me being a Metalhead, its only natural that I want to go see my favourite artist, the smell of weed and alcohol gives it some athmosphere and its fun getting rowdy and watching crazed fans getting their asses handed to them by security. I enjoy shows overall.LittleHands134
That sounds unpleasant and somewhat dangerous.

Yes just stay home under the safe, watchful eye of your mommy and the rest of us will have fun.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 LittleHands134
Member since 2008 • 1176 Posts
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"][QUOTE="tzar3"]Me being a Metalhead, its only natural that I want to go see my favourite artist, the smell of weed and alcohol gives it some athmosphere and its fun getting rowdy and watching crazed fans getting their asses handed to them by security. I enjoy shows overall.gobo212
That sounds unpleasant and somewhat dangerous.

Yes just stay home under the safe, watchful eye of your mommy and the rest of us will have fun.

Getting high and watching frenzied fans getting beaten up doesn't sound like fun. It just sounds like basic rebellious teen behavior.
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Sajedene
Member since 2004 • 13718 Posts
I kind of feel bad for you and what you're missing out on because of your jaded view of music and musicians. But only bad enough to type this.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts
You're obviously not too into music in the first place. Anyone interested in music should love to see it performed in person by the musicians.
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts
You're obviously not too into music in the first place. Anyone interested in music should love to see it performed in person by the musicians.Engrish_Major
thats what i said. but he claims he is
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"]

I really don't understand it. I've only been to one concert and that was about three years ago, but it was hell on earth. I see no intelligent reason why anyone would want to go, even if they are a fan of the music.

1. The bands never sound as good live, especially rock bands.

2. There's normally rude, horrible smelling people filling the seats, and they're always very loud.

3. It's hard to enjoy the music when there's people screaming right next to you.

4. You get a generally better sound quality from listening to the music at home.

5. Concerts cost more than two CDs would, and you get more songs from two CDs, at a better sound quality.

There's my five main reasons. It just doesn't make sense for someone to waste their time and money on going to a concert. Why do people do it?

LJS9502_basic

1. You are listening to the wrong bands then. I've heard bands that sound great live.

2. I guess it depends on the fan base. I haven't noticed that.

3. Are you kidding? The music is loud. You need to get into the music.

4. You get polished sound...not better. Real music shouldn't be studio fixed.

5. The experience is different. Nothing like seeing a band you enjoy live. Provided they are good live.. What bands have you seen that aren't able to play live?

I'll agree with LJ here. Also, there is nothing better than seeing your favourite band in the flesh!
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Engrish_Major
I'll agree with LJ here. Also, there is nothing better than seeing your favourite band in the flesh!aaronmullan
Some of the best and most memorable experiences of my life were during concerts.
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 sAndroid17
[QUOTE="aaronmullan"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"]

I really don't understand it. I've only been to one concert and that was about three years ago, but it was hell on earth. I see no intelligent reason why anyone would want to go, even if they are a fan of the music.

2. There's normally rude, horrible smelling people filling the seats, and they're always very loud.

3. It's hard to enjoy the music when there's people screaming right next to you.

4. You get a generally better sound quality from listening to the music at home.

5. Concerts cost more than two CDs would, and you get more songs from two CDs, at a better sound quality.

There's my five main reasons. It just doesn't make sense for someone to waste their time and money on going to a concert. Why do people do it?

1. You are listening to the wrong bands then. I've heard bands that sound great live.

2. I guess it depends on the fan base. I haven't noticed that.

3. Are you kidding? The music is loud. You need to get into the music.

4. You get polished sound...not better. Real music shouldn't be studio fixed.

5. The experience is different. Nothing like seeing a band you enjoy live. Provided they are good live.. What bands have you seen that aren't able to play live?

I'll agree with LJ here. Also, there is nothing better than seeing your favourite band in the flesh!

he doesnt have one
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 sAndroid17
[QUOTE="aaronmullan"]I'll agree with LJ here. Also, there is nothing better than seeing your favourite band in the flesh!Engrish_Major
Some of the best and most memorable experiences of my life were during concerts.

for serious. i love concerts and had great times with friends etc. but most memorable times of your life.. hmm thats a bit over the top
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 LittleHands134

I kind of feel bad for you and what you're missing out on because of your jaded view of music and musicians. But only bad enough to type this. Sajedene

Here's a list of musicians who died to alcohol or drug related deaths. There's a lot more, these are the only ones I could write down from the list before my hand hurt. My view on musicians is jaded for a reason.

Jimi Hendrix

Janis Joplin

Phil Lynott

Jim Morrison

Sid Vicious

Dennis Wilson

GG Allin

West Arkeen

Chet Baker

John Balance

Lester Bangs

Bix Beiderbecke

John Belushi

Wes Berggren

Dave Bidwell

Tommy Bolin

John Bonham

James Booker

Erik Brodreskift

Herman Brood

Dennis Brown

Rob Buck

Paul Butterfield

Toy Caldwell

Casey Calvert

Leroy Carr

Gene Clark

Sonny Clark

Michael Clarke

Brian Cole

Carl Crack

Darby Crash

Robbin Crosby

Jesse Ed Davis

Keven DuBrow

Tommy Edwards

John Entwistle

Rick Evers

Howie Epstein

Pete Farndon

Brenda Fassie

Zac Foley

Judy Garland

Dwayne Goettel

Sean Greenway

Stacy Guess

Tim Hardin

Eddie Hazel

Tim Hemensley

Billie Holiday

Peter Laughner

Frankie Lymon

David McComb

Robbie McIntosh

Miss Christine

Malcolm Owen

John Panozzo

Charlie Parker

Bon Scott

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Engrish_Major
Here's a list of musicians who died to alcohol or drug related deaths. There's a lot more, these are the only ones I could write down from the list before my hand hurt. My view on musicians is jaded for a reason.LittleHands134
What does that have to do with seeing a band perform live?
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"]Here's a list of musicians who died to alcohol or drug related deaths. There's a lot more, these are the only ones I could write down from the list before my hand hurt. My view on musicians is jaded for a reason.Engrish_Major

I'm not wasting my money to support someone who is most likely a crack head.
Avatar image for thirteen_zombie
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 thirteen_zombie
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts
Maybe the people do smell but thats a reality to life, not all people are hygenic. concerts are a blast, their exciting you get to actually watch the people you love so much get out and perform for you and everyone else. You get to see how they work and how they do what they do. Its always a good time sitting on a hill rocking out to one of your favorite bands with some friends and knocking back a few. I cant get enough concerts. They do always sing their songs differently but they are also running around performing for a crowd to keep the energy up while trying to remember how the songs goes, how to play it and how to handle their current state of halucination. They are rather expensive yes, but for what you get out of it, its always worth it. I've got guitar picks thrown from some of my idols because of live music and the experience to watch my favorites live. Its always fun to see how a good band can move a whole crowd of 400+, especially when it rains and gets all messy and your running from tree to tree while golf ball sized hail drills you and your beers your trying to save, all just jamming out to modest mouse.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"]Here's a list of musicians who died to alcohol or drug related deaths. There's a lot more, these are the only ones I could write down from the list before my hand hurt. My view on musicians is jaded for a reason.LittleHands134

Do you even listen to any of those artists?
gobo212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 gobo212
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"]Here's a list of musicians who died to alcohol or drug related deaths. There's a lot more, these are the only ones I could write down from the list before my hand hurt. My view on musicians is jaded for a reason.LittleHands134

Wow you seem rather bigoted.
manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#66 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

[QUOTE="Sajedene"]I kind of feel bad for you and what you're missing out on because of your jaded view of music and musicians. But only bad enough to type this. LittleHands134

Here's a list of musicians who died to alcohol or drug related deaths. There's a lot more, these are the only ones I could write down from the list before my hand hurt. My view on musicians is jaded for a reason.

Jimi Hendrix

Janis Joplin

Phil Lynott

Jim Morrison

Sid Vicious

Dennis Wilson

GG Allin

West Arkeen

Chet Baker

John Balance

Lester Bangs

Bix Beiderbecke

John Belushi

Wes Berggren

Dave Bidwell

Tommy Bolin

John Bonham

James Booker

Erik Brodreskift

Herman Brood

Dennis Brown

Rob Buck

Paul Butterfield

Toy Caldwell

Casey Calvert

Leroy Carr

Gene Clark

Sonny Clark

Michael Clarke

Brian Cole

Carl Crack

Darby Crash

Robbin Crosby

Jesse Ed Davis

Keven DuBrow

Tommy Edwards

John Entwistle

Rick Evers

Howie Epstein

Pete Farndon

Brenda Fassie

Zac Foley

Judy Garland

Dwayne Goettel

Sean Greenway

Stacy Guess

Tim Hardin

Eddie Hazel

Tim Hemensley

Billie Holiday

Peter Laughner

Frankie Lymon

David McComb

Robbie McIntosh

Miss Christine

Malcolm Owen

John Panozzo

Charlie Parker

Bon Scott

Yes, and the flip side of this is that most of them wouldn't have made the music they did if they didn't do drugs. The Beatles, one of the most important bands of the past century did a hell of a lot of drugs. Btw, I don't think you're going to die by going to a concert full of people drinking and smoking stuff.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] What does that have to do with seeing a band perform live?gobo212

That's like saying I'm a bigot because I dislike murderers. People dislike criminals, shooting yourself up with heroin is a criminal activity, it has nothing to do with bigoted opinions.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#68 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
Having been to over 100 concerts easily I find I like them much more than just listening to a CD or watching a concert DVD. Sure some bands don't sound great, but others do. I have a much bigger appreciation of RHCP, Foo Fighters, Body Count, Fishbone, BB King, Queensryche, AC/DC, and many others after seeing them live. And in the case of my favorite band Nine Inch Nails, the mesh their studio sound to a concert format better than anyone I've ever heard, one of the main reasons I love them. Each song can be slightly different on each tour, and I love that aspect.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="gobo212"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"] I'm not wasting my money to support someone who is most likely a crack head.LittleHands134

That's like saying I'm a bigot because I dislike murderers. People dislike criminals, shooting yourself up with heroin is a criminal activity, it has nothing to do with bigoted opinions.

How does that list compare to other professions and drug use? Anyway, as mentioned before, most of the music that you claim to enjoy was made possible because of drugs. (and not crack, like you say).
gobo212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 gobo212
[QUOTE="gobo212"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"] I'm not wasting my money to support someone who is most likely a crack head.LittleHands134

Ok. Have fun in your dream world.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] What does that have to do with seeing a band perform live?Engrish_Major

I've listened to a few of them, mainly the jazz artists. It's irrelevant though, statistically most artists have at least dabbled with drugs. Those ones who happened to die from it just help to show how criminal a life of music can be.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"][QUOTE="gobo212"] Wow you seem rather bigoted.gobo212

Ok. Have fun in your dream world.

If you go up to a police officer and shoot yourself up with heroin, I don't think he's going to agree with your "dream world" opinion.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"] I'm not wasting my money to support someone who is most likely a crack head.LittleHands134

I've listened to a few of them, mainly the jazz artists. It's irrelevant though, statistically most artists have at least dabbled with drugs. Those ones who happened to die from it just help to show how criminal a life of music can be.

Do you buy CDs, or downloads? I guess then you don't spend any money on music because you don't want to support the musician's drug habits.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"][QUOTE="gobo212"] Wow you seem rather bigoted.Engrish_Major

How does that list compare to other professions and drug use? Anyway, as mentioned before, most of the music that you claim to enjoy was made possible because of drugs. (and not crack, like you say).

So you're telling me that they had to use illegal narcotics to be able to preform the music that they play? Even more reason to dislike musicians.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"] That's like saying I'm a bigot because I dislike murderers. People dislike criminals, shooting yourself up with heroin is a criminal activity, it has nothing to do with bigoted opinions.LittleHands134

So you're telling me that they had to use illegal narcotics to be able to preform the music that they play? Even more reason to dislike musicians.

The drugs influence the music, for sure. That's how it is. You can't have it both ways. Enjoy it, and accept it, or don't listen to it at all then.
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 thirteen_zombie

who cares if people in bands have OD'ed what about famous actors? With your logic you shouldn't watch movies or TV becasue there are drug addicts there and people who also die of drug related issues, so dont support TV or Movies.

In the words of whoever is on the end of the Tool CD ENIMA "If you dont believe drugs have done anything good for society, I want you to go home tonight, Burn all your movies, all your CD's all your tapes because I really do. Because the people who made all that stuff you love. REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL F***ing high on drugs."

LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] Do you even listen to any of those artists?Engrish_Major

Do you buy CDs, or downloads? I guess then you don't spend any money on music because you don't want to support the musician's drug habits.

I normally use napster, that's a small monthly payment to stream free music legally. If you were to buy a song though, most of the money doesn't go directly to the artist. Most musicians make the most money from concerts.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LittleHands134
who cares if people in bands have OD'ed what about famous actors? With your logic you shouldn't watch movies or TV becasue there are drug addicts there and people who also die of drug related issues, so dont support TV or Movies. In the words of whoever is on the end of the Tool CD ENIMA "If you dont believe drugs have done anything good for society, I want you to go home tonight, Burn all your movies, all your CD's all your tapes. Because the people who made all of that stuff you love. REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL F***ing high on drugs."thirteen_zombie
If any actor walked onto the set high or intoxicated, he would probably be fired. A lot of musicians on the other hand, endorse drug use.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"] I've listened to a few of them, mainly the jazz artists. It's irrelevant though, statistically most artists have at least dabbled with drugs. Those ones who happened to die from it just help to show how criminal a life of music can be.LittleHands134

I normally use napster, that's a small monthly payment to stream free music legally. If you were to buy a song though, most of the money doesn't go directly to the artist. Most musicians make the most money from concerts.

You're the very first person I have ever talked to that enjoys the fact that most of the money goes to the record label and not the artist themselves. You really don't like music very much, do you? Have you ever even learned to play an instrument?
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
The more this guy defends himself, the more it seems like a joke thread...
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] Do you buy CDs, or downloads? I guess then you don't spend any money on music because you don't want to support the musician's drug habits.Engrish_Major

You're the very first person I have ever talked to that enjoys the fact that most of the money goes to the record label and not the artist themselves. You really don't like music very much, do you? Have you ever even learned to play an instrument?

I've played the piano in the past, it's a good instrument. I would never bother with the others though.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Engrish_Major
I've played the piano in the past, it's a good instrument. I would never bother with the others though.LittleHands134
So, again, you really are not a big fan of music, right? That's the real reason you can't tolerate concerts.
KOTORkicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#83 KOTORkicker
Member since 2007 • 4595 Posts
I think that you have been told this by one of your (Most likely) prudent friends, and that you have never been to a concert yourself. Sure, the first one or two concerts you are at you won't really 'get', but after that, you'll love it every time. You need to be with friends though, and you need to like the music. IMO that's all that's important; there's very little that can go wrong after that. Seriously dude, give concerts a chance. And btw that last post of yours is a stereotype. :|
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 thirteen_zombie

If any actor walked onto the set high or intoxicated, he would probably be fired. A lot of musicians on the other hand, endorse drug use.

Really so Chris Farley didnt OD? Jon Bilushi didnt OD? Cheech and Chong admitted they wouldnt do their movies sober back in the day. Johnny Depp in fear and loathing was living with hunter thompson a famous journalist who never ever stopped taking drugs, you think with johhny depp living with hunter thompson and learning how to be him he was never once on drugs? have you ever watched the fear and loathing? Dana Carvey, Woody Harrelson two HUGE names that are extremley into the legalization and movement of marijuana. so yes actors also endorse drug use wether or not you decide to see what is in front of you, its there, hidden behind a bathroom wall of your favorite bar, movie theatre, resturaunt, the world loves to get twisted. Jack Black has been on talk shows clearly stoned out of his mind. Ever watched the Life aquatic with steve zissou? Bill murray is always smoking a joint in it, Where the buffalos roam, another movie about hunter thompson played by bill murray, again always on drugs.

KOTORkicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 KOTORkicker
In the words of whoever is on the end of the Tool CD ENIMA "If you dont believe drugs have done anything good for society, I want you to go home tonight, Burn all your movies, all your CD's all your tapes because I really do. Because the people who made all that stuff you love. REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL F***ing high on drugs."

thirteen_zombie
That was Bill Hicks by the way. And it's spelt as 'Aenima'. :)
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 thirteen_zombie
[QUOTE="KOTORkicker"][QUOTE="thirteen_zombie"] In the words of whoever is on the end of the Tool CD ENIMA "If you dont believe drugs have done anything good for society, I want you to go home tonight, Burn all your movies, all your CD's all your tapes because I really do. Because the people who made all that stuff you love. REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL F***ing high on drugs."

That was Bill Hicks by the way. And it's spelt as 'Aenima'. :)

yeah i never knew who that was, but i realized i spelled it wrong later.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 LittleHands134

So, again, you really are not a big fan of music, right? That's the real reason you can't tolerate concerts.Engrish_Major

Nope, like I said before, I enjoy smaller shows being played by good, decent people. For example, a small jazz club.

Really so Chris Farley didnt OD? Jon Bilushi didnt OD? Cheech and Chong admitted they wouldnt do their movies sober back in the day. Johnny Depp in fear and loathing was living with hunter thompson a famous journalist who never ever stopped taking drugs, you think with johhny depp living with hunter thompson and learning how to be him he was never once on drugs? have you ever watched the fear and loathing? Dana Carvey, Woody Harrelson two HUGE names that are extremley into the legalization and movement of marijuana. so yes actors also endorse drug use wether or not you decide to see what is in front of you, its there, hidden behind a bathroom wall of your favorite bar, movie theatre, resturaunt, the world loves to get twisted. Jack Black has been on talk shows clearly stoned out of his mind. Ever watched the Life aquatic with steve zissou? Bill murray is always smoking a joint in it, Where the buffalos roam, another movie about hunter thompson played by bill murray, again always on drugs. thirteen_zombie

Can't say I've seen any of those shows/movies you mentioned. As for the actors, I don't like a single one of them. Jack Black is obese and has zero acting skill. Chris Farley was overrated. Belushi was good, but Dan Aykroyd was better. I never really enjoyed Cheech and Chong, but last I heard Cheech has been off drugs. Johnny Depp is just annoying.

There are much more respectable actors who don't openly do those kinds of things.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Engrish_Major
Nope, like I said before, I enjoy smaller shows being played by good, decent people. For example, a small jazz club. LittleHands134
Then don't go to larger concerts. We've explained why they are popular. (and they still are good, decent people anyway, that is not limited to small jazz clubs :roll: .)
FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts
It provides losers the excuse to wear an obscure band shirt to seem 'cool' and 'indie'. That's why. Seriously, the next time you are at a rock show go up to the 12 year old with a T.S.O.L. shirt and ask him what the band's lineup is, and what his favorite album is.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 LittleHands134

[QUOTE="LittleHands134"]Nope, like I said before, I enjoy smaller shows being played by good, decent people. For example, a small jazz club. Engrish_Major
Then don't go to larger concerts. We've explained why they are popular. (and they still are good, decent people anyway, that is not limited to small jazz clubs :roll: .)

Most people in mainstream bands are douchebags And everyone else is probably on drugs, at the very least pot. They don't sound like decent people to me. The second you touch that joint, you become a criminal.

gobo212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 gobo212

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"]Nope, like I said before, I enjoy smaller shows being played by good, decent people. For example, a small jazz club. LittleHands134

Most people in mainstream bands are douchebags And everyone else is probably on drugs, at the very least pot. They don't sound like decent people to me. The second you touch that joint, you become a criminal.

I wasn't planning on responding to you again but i must say that people like you frighten me.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Engrish_Major
Most people in mainstream bands are douchebags And everyone else is probably on drugs, at the very least pot. They don't sound like decent people to me. The second you touch that joint, you become a criminal.LittleHands134
I've met many bands, and they were very nice for the most part. Now you're just making excuses to live a sheltered life.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 LittleHands134

I wasn't planning on responding to you again but i must say that people like you frighten me.

gobo212

Why is that? Pot, heroin, coke, anything like that, it's illegal drugs. If a police officer saw you doing it, you would either get a fine or some time in jail.

Franken_Berry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#94 Franken_Berry
Member since 2004 • 5968 Posts

LittleHands134
1. I've seen many rock bands that sound BETTER live. 2. That's true, but once the music starts, you shouldn't care. 3. The music should be loud enough for you not to even hear yourself screaming. 4. Yeah, but do you get the actual members of the band and a sea of other like-minded people to enjoy the tunes with? 5. Yeah, concerts can be kind of over priced, but almost all I've been to I've always thought they were worth every penny. So yeah, you must live in Canada or something where concerts suck.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Engrish_Major
Why is that? Pot, heroin, coke, anything like that, it's illegal drugs. If a police officer saw you doing it, you would either get a fine or some time in jail.LittleHands134
You'd be absolutely surprised if you knew how many people in your life are "criminal" like you call it.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"]Why is that? Pot, heroin, coke, anything like that, it's illegal drugs. If a police officer saw you doing it, you would either get a fine or some time in jail.Engrish_Major
You'd be absolutely surprised if you knew how many people in your life are "criminal" like you call it.

If I ever found out a friend of mine was taking drugs, I'd toss them into rehab myself. Unless they were on heroin or meth, then I'd just toss them out. No going back from that. Soon as you take just a bit of that stuff, next thing you know they're in your house stealing things. Like a bunch of animals.
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 thirteen_zombie

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] So, again, you really are not a big fan of music, right? That's the real reason you can't tolerate concerts.LittleHands134

Nope, like I said before, I enjoy smaller shows being played by good, decent people. For example, a small jazz club.

Really so Chris Farley didnt OD? Jon Bilushi didnt OD? Cheech and Chong admitted they wouldnt do their movies sober back in the day. Johnny Depp in fear and loathing was living with hunter thompson a famous journalist who never ever stopped taking drugs, you think with johhny depp living with hunter thompson and learning how to be him he was never once on drugs? have you ever watched the fear and loathing? Dana Carvey, Woody Harrelson two HUGE names that are extremley into the legalization and movement of marijuana. so yes actors also endorse drug use wether or not you decide to see what is in front of you, its there, hidden behind a bathroom wall of your favorite bar, movie theatre, resturaunt, the world loves to get twisted. Jack Black has been on talk shows clearly stoned out of his mind. Ever watched the Life aquatic with steve zissou? Bill murray is always smoking a joint in it, Where the buffalos roam, another movie about hunter thompson played by bill murray, again always on drugs. thirteen_zombie

Can't say I've seen any of those shows/movies you mentioned. As for the actors, I don't like a single one of them. Jack Black is obese and has zero acting skill. Chris Farley was overrated. Belushi was good, but Dan Aykroyd was better. I never really enjoyed Cheech and Chong, but last I heard Cheech has been off drugs. Johnny Depp is just annoying.

There are much more respectable actors who don't openly do those kinds of things.

out of all of them I only like woody harrelson and johnny depp in fear and loathing and no other movie besides edward scissor hands. I'm not saying that those are all the actors out there that endorse drugs because there are certainly lots and lots more, I just think its unfair to say actors would be fired for being on set while influenced, because it seems too often people hate on musicians because they are seen as bad people who do nothing but drugs and evil, when actors do the exact same thing they are just under a different light. You never see actors not behind camera, they are rarely in the public eye and when they are its not usually a huge event. The fact is that Drug use is a part of art, no matter if you decide to believe it or not. All the way back to Salvador Dali the famous painter, would lock himself in his room and take absynthe and paint for days. Its a fact of life and a part of all forms of art, maybe not practiced by all beings of art but a majority of them do and people view it in such a bad sense because they can be harmful yes. You cant say that drugs arent used by respected actors and always used by musicians, for as many musicians that do it theres the same amount of directors, producers who ever that also use. Stephen king, how do you think he came up with some of his movies, Jim henson the guy who makes the muppets, how do you think he made the dark crystal? that movie is an off the walls acid trip.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
Littlehands,you're serious about this :?
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"]Why is that? Pot, heroin, coke, anything like that, it's illegal drugs. If a police officer saw you doing it, you would either get a fine or some time in jail.LittleHands134

If I ever found out a friend of mine was taking drugs, I'd toss them into rehab myself. Unless they were on heroin or meth, then I'd just toss them out. No going back from that. Soon as you take just a bit of that stuff, next thing you know they're in your house stealing things. Like a bunch of animals.

What are you talking about? Most studies show that 40% of Americans have tried pot. I guess 100 million or so Americans are stealing things, and are criminal scum of the earth. Generalizations FTL. You seem to have an aweful keen ability to judge experiences that you have never had and people you've never met.
KOTORkicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 KOTORkicker
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] You'd be absolutely surprised if you knew how many people in your life are "criminal" like you call it.Engrish_Major

What are you talking about? Most studies show that 40% of Americans have tried pot. I guess 100 million or so Americans are stealing things, and are criminal scum of the earth. Generalizations FTL. You seem to have an aweful keen ability to judge experiences that you have never had and people you've never met.

This, definitely.