Why are concerts so popular?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 LittleHands134
Member since 2008 • 1176 Posts

Littlehands,you're serious about this :?Lto_thaG

I'm serious about everything.

Avatar image for thirteen_zombie
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#102 thirteen_zombie
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"]Why is that? Pot, heroin, coke, anything like that, it's illegal drugs. If a police officer saw you doing it, you would either get a fine or some time in jail.LittleHands134
You'd be absolutely surprised if you knew how many people in your life are "criminal" like you call it.

If I ever found out a friend of mine was taking drugs, I'd toss them into rehab myself. Unless they were on heroin or meth, then I'd just toss them out. No going back from that. Soon as you take just a bit of that stuff, next thing you know they're in your house stealing things. Like a bunch of animals.

You are ridiculous. So first if it was not a serious drug like acid or pot you'd send them to rehab? for a non habit forming drug? then if it was herion or meth, where you need drugs pumped into you so your body doesnt shut down from lack of a substance that is needed to keep running becuase of a sickening addiction you'd toss your bud the the curb and let them die? do you know anything about what your talking about? have you ever had a drug experience or do you just like feeling like your parents and telling people whats right and wrong, when its all about your perspective.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] You'd be absolutely surprised if you knew how many people in your life are "criminal" like you call it.Engrish_Major
If I ever found out a friend of mine was taking drugs, I'd toss them into rehab myself. Unless they were on heroin or meth, then I'd just toss them out. No going back from that. Soon as you take just a bit of that stuff, next thing you know they're in your house stealing things. Like a bunch of animals.

What are you talking about? Most studies show that 40% of Americans have tried pot. I guess 100 million or so Americans are stealing things, and are criminal scum of the earth. Generalizations FTL. You seem to have an aweful keen ability to judge experiences that you have never had and people you've never met.

Pot isn't heroin or meth. Have you ever met a poor heroin addict before? Morals go out the window with those people. They'll do whatever it takes to get enough money for more drugs. As for the pot thing, I guess 40% of Americans are criminals. I can't say I'm surprised.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] You'd be absolutely surprised if you knew how many people in your life are "criminal" like you call it.thirteen_zombie

You are ridiculous. So first if it was not a serious drug like acid or pot you'd send them to rehab? for a non habit forming drug? then if it was herion or meth, where you need drugs pumped into you so your body doesnt shut down from lack of a substance that is needed to keep running becuase of a sickening addiction you'd toss your bud the the curb and let them die? do you know anything about what your talking about? have you ever had a drug experience or do you just like feeling like your parents and telling people whats right and wrong, when its all about your perspective.

Has nothing to do with perspective, it's the law. You can't go out into the street, shoot someone, and then say it's perfectly fine because you personally had no problem with it. As for the meth or heroin, I haven't seen many people come out of rehab successfully with one of those addictions. They have a very low success rate. At the end of the day, it's wasted money for someone who is just going to shoot themselves up again soon as they get out.
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 thirteen_zombie
I personally have done alot of drugs in my life, and some at the time didnt know what they were, but never ever ever in my life have I stolen from my friends house or even considered breaking in and stealing from my friend. I've never stolen from a store either. I've never been so hopped up that i fought everyone I saw or tried to stab a best friend. Drugs do not make you a sh***y person, a horrible mind and no morals or ethics makes a sh**ty person. Also not everything requires rehab, I have been sober for a year and a half without stepping foot into a rehab center or using some kind of methadone, but i also never did meth, just about everything else.
Trx07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 Trx07
Member since 2007 • 1851 Posts
Mosh pits Nuff said
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 LittleHands134
I personally have done alot of drugs in my life, and some at the time didnt know what they were, but never ever ever in my life have I stolen from my friends house or even considered breaking in and stealing from my friend. I've never stolen from a store either. I've never been so hopped up that i fought everyone I saw or tried to stab a best friend. Drugs do not make you a sh***y person, a horrible mind and no morals or ethics makes a sh**ty person. Also not everything requires rehab, I have been sober for a year and a half without stepping foot into a rehab center or using some kind of methadone, but i also never did meth, just about everything else.thirteen_zombie
It happens though, even if you haven't done it. Have you ever been pushed to the point where you had no money and you were completely strung out on heroin? If you haven't, no one knows what they would do until they're actually in the situation.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"] If I ever found out a friend of mine was taking drugs, I'd toss them into rehab myself. Unless they were on heroin or meth, then I'd just toss them out. No going back from that. Soon as you take just a bit of that stuff, next thing you know they're in your house stealing things. Like a bunch of animals.LittleHands134
What are you talking about? Most studies show that 40% of Americans have tried pot. I guess 100 million or so Americans are stealing things, and are criminal scum of the earth. Generalizations FTL. You seem to have an aweful keen ability to judge experiences that you have never had and people you've never met.

Pot isn't heroin or meth. Have you ever met a poor heroin addict before? Morals go out the window with those people. They'll do whatever it takes to get enough money for more drugs. As for the pot thing, I guess 40% of Americans are criminals. I can't say I'm surprised.

Yes, I've known people who've done heroin, and they're nothing like you say, in my experience. Anyway, I've never had a problem seeing a concert being performed by musicians who may or may not have been on drugs.
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 thirteen_zombie

Has nothing to do with perspective, it's the law. You can't go out into the street, shoot someone, and then say it's perfectly fine because you personally had no problem with it. As for the meth or heroin, I haven't seen many people come out of rehab successfully with one of those addictions. They have a very low success rate. At the end of the day, it's wasted money for someone who is just going to shoot themselves up again soon as they get out.

again never have i gone into the streets and shot someone cause I was high, if anything you stay inside cause your paranoid. Also tell me how many people you know addicted to meth or heroin that went in to rehab then came out. How many of them succesfully made it out, what rehab center, how long had they been using, what were there names? What is the average success rate of drug rehabilitation? did they ever pull a gun on you? have they stolen from you? did they break into houses?

Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

Eh, I find concerts to be pretty pointless.

I've been to one concert in my life and I slept through it. Never plan on going to another one...

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#111 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

I disagree. I went to a Queens of the Stone Age concert and it was amazing. They did a few new songs that weren't out yet and they did some gags in between songs.

thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 thirteen_zombie
[QUOTE="thirteen_zombie"]I personally have done alot of drugs in my life, and some at the time didnt know what they were, but never ever ever in my life have I stolen from my friends house or even considered breaking in and stealing from my friend. I've never stolen from a store either. I've never been so hopped up that i fought everyone I saw or tried to stab a best friend. Drugs do not make you a sh***y person, a horrible mind and no morals or ethics makes a sh**ty person. Also not everything requires rehab, I have been sober for a year and a half without stepping foot into a rehab center or using some kind of methadone, but i also never did meth, just about everything else.LittleHands134
It happens though, even if you haven't done it. Have you ever been pushed to the point where you had no money and you were completely strung out on heroin? If you haven't, no one knows what they would do until they're actually in the situation.

I have never been to the point to where I was out of money due to heroin, I've also never shot up heroin, only smoked black tar opium and lots of it, which is a different form of heroin. I've never been out of money because of drugs period.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 LittleHands134

again never have i gone into the streets and shot someone cause I was high, if anything you stay inside cause your paranoid. Also tell me how many people you know addicted to meth or heroin that went in to rehab then came out. How many of them succesfully made it out, what rehab center, how long had they been using, what were there names? What is the average success rate of drug rehabilitation? did they ever pull a gun on you? have they stolen from you? did they break into houses?thirteen_zombie

At the moment, I don't know any drug addicts. I don't associate with criminals, nor have I ever taken drugs myself. I took a puff of one cigarette back in highschool and I regret it to this day.

As for the statistics on rehabs, it's about a 53.2% success rate in general. That's just barely less than 50% of people coming into rehabs, leaving and then becoming addicted again. Seems pretty bad to me.

Source: http://www.soberforever.net/program_success1.cfm

gobo212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 gobo212
Member since 2003 • 6277 Posts

I disagree. I went to a Queens of the Stone Age concert and it was amazing. They did a few new songs that weren't out yet and they did some gags in between songs.

THE_DRUGGIE
Queens of the Stone Age does put on an awesome concert.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"][QUOTE="thirteen_zombie"]I personally have done alot of drugs in my life, and some at the time didnt know what they were, but never ever ever in my life have I stolen from my friends house or even considered breaking in and stealing from my friend. I've never stolen from a store either. I've never been so hopped up that i fought everyone I saw or tried to stab a best friend. Drugs do not make you a sh***y person, a horrible mind and no morals or ethics makes a sh**ty person. Also not everything requires rehab, I have been sober for a year and a half without stepping foot into a rehab center or using some kind of methadone, but i also never did meth, just about everything else.thirteen_zombie

I have never been to the point to where I was out of money due to heroin, I've also never shot up heroin, only smoked black tar opium and lots of it, which is a different form of heroin. I've never been out of money because of drugs period.

It's good that you were never out of money because of it, but plenty of people are. You hear about drug related crimes in the news every single day. It's horrible, and a world without drugs would be a better world.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"] It's good that you were never out of money because of it, but plenty of people are. You hear about drug related crimes in the news every single day. It's horrible, and a world without drugs would be a better world.

However, the music would be terrible.
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 thirteen_zombie
At the moment, I don't know any drug addicts. I don't associate with criminals, nor have I ever taken drugs myself. I took a puff of one cigarette back in highschool and I regret it to this day. As for the statistics on rehabs, it's about a 53.2% success rate in general. That's just barely less than 50% of people coming into rehabs, leaving and then becoming addicted again. Seems pretty bad to me.

well when you're addicted to a substance like heroin or meth your heart has to have it after a while or your heart stops if you dont do heroin or meth. So at some point those people entering and leaving rehab are helpless in their own life, because they got so tied up in a terrible terrible addiction. People that far into an addiction dont have a choice anymore their body just has to have it or it shuts down, becuase with those substances, certain levels of abuse cause the body to be dependent on that substance and the heart reprograms to use that substance to keep going, so it has to be in you, this is why they make methadone, to ween people off it so their heart doesnt stop. At some point these addicts cannot save themselves from it, their body is making them helpless in their situation and its not their fault anymore. You cant view them as awfull people, you have to accept them for what they did and do what you can to help, you cant slander them all day cause they do something mommy said not to do.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"] It's good that you were never out of money because of it, but plenty of people are. You hear about drug related crimes in the news every single day. It's horrible, and a world without drugs would be a better world.Engrish_Major

I think that the no more destroyed families, children born with heroin addictions, and people that die every day to overdoses would make up for the slightly worse music quality.
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 thirteen_zombie
You hear about drug related crimes in the news every single day. It's horrible, and a world without drugs would be a better world.

You also hear about physcho's killing their families just because, and people being shot in toys'r'us because they wanted a wii, and people shooting schools up because of DOOM and GTA, so the world would be better without video games. ( i had to i dont belive that)
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"] It's good that you were never out of money because of it, but plenty of people are. You hear about drug related crimes in the news every single day. It's horrible, and a world without drugs would be a better world.LittleHands134

I think that the no more destroyed families, children born with heroin addictions, and people that die every day to overdoses would make up for the slightly worse music quality.

Sure, but we make do with the world we actually have. And in this world, we have great musicians and great concerts.
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 thirteen_zombie

alright i'm done little hands, this is just flustering me. I've argued this to many times and don't know why I'am now. I mean no offense to you or anyone else in here i just believe people have terrible views on these things and it only deepens the problem when theres so much misunderstanding, and no experience.

LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 LittleHands134
well when you're addicted to a substance like heroin or meth your heart has to have it after a while or your heart stops if you dont do heroin or meth. So at some point those people entering and leaving rehab are helpless in their own life, because they got so tied up in a terrible terrible addiction. People that far into an addiction dont have a choice anymore their body just has to have it or it shuts down, becuase with those substances, certain levels of abuse cause the body to be dependent on that substance and the heart reprograms to use that substance to keep going, so it has to be in you, this is why they make methadone, to ween people off it so their heart doesnt stop. At some point these addicts cannot save themselves from it, their body is making them helpless in their situation and its not their fault anymore. You cant view them as awfull people, you have to accept them for what they did and do what you can to help, you cant slander them all day cause they do something mommy said not to do.thirteen_zombie
While I agree that's horrible, you can't say they aren't responsible for it. In most cases, they were not forced to take those drugs. That's why there are laws against it, to warn you about how it can destroy your life and the lives of others. If the police were harder on drug addicts and drug dealers, in 5-10 years the drug problem might not be as bad. This can even relate to the earlier discussion. With those horrible things you just listed, how could anyone support a musician who endorses these very same drugs in his music and through his actions? My suggestion for it all: Make more prison rehab centers, lock up the addicts and also give them rehab inside of the prison. That way it gets the message across that drug addicts just don't get a slap on the wrists, and they still get help.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] However, the music would be terrible.Engrish_Major

Sure, but we make do with the world we actually have. And in this world, we have great musicians and great concerts.

And by supporting those very same musicians even more young kids get exposed to a world of drug use.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"] I think that the no more destroyed families, children born with heroin addictions, and people that die every day to overdoses would make up for the slightly worse music quality.LittleHands134

And by supporting those very same musicians even more young kids get exposed to a world of drug use.

And more great music is made by the next generation.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] Sure, but we make do with the world we actually have. And in this world, we have great musicians and great concerts.Engrish_Major

I think they're too busy ODing behind dumpsters to make much music.
DabsTight703

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#126 DabsTight703
Member since 2008 • 1966 Posts

I really don't understand it. I've only been to one concert and that was about three years ago, but it was hell on earth. I see no intelligent reason why anyone would want to go, even if they are a fan of the music.

1. The bands never sound as good live, especially rock bands.

2. There's normally rude, horrible smelling people filling the seats, and they're always very loud.

3. It's hard to enjoy the music when there's people screaming right next to you.

4. You get a generally better sound quality from listening to the music at home.

5. Concerts cost more than two CDs would, and you get more songs from two CDs, at a better sound quality.

There's my five main reasons. It just doesn't make sense for someone to waste their time and money on going to a concert. Why do people do it?

LittleHands134
That's why you should get into electronica. Their concerts are awsome!
Tracer2115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Tracer2115
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts

The vibe I'm getting from you is that you're the type of person who sits in the back of the venue with his arms folded waiting for the messiah of music to come on stage and impress you. (No offense, but that's just what I picture you doing.) If you go into a concert with the attitude, "this better be good" or "ugh, look at those stupid people in the pit" you will never get your money's worth out of a concert. The whole point of the concert is the experience, you have to get into the music or it's just pointless. Sure, there are some terrible live bands out there (trust me, I've seen a lot of them), but there are definitely some that are a lot better or completely different live. Just look at a band like Phish. They've built their reputation on 30 minute jams and known for playing the same song completely different from night to night. Concerts are worth it, you just must have a good attitude about it.

Hell, it's not like you have to get in the moshpit and start hitting people or anything. I personally dislike moshpits and still absolutely love the concert experience. If you ever go to another one (depending on which venue i suppose) pick a spot not in the mosh pit, but where you can still get into the music. Bob your head to the music or just flash the metal horn at the guitarist, just do something. Also, know the band's music before you go.

It's the experience that makes concerts amazing and I would suggest you try one more time. Pick the band carefully, tell your friends to get tickets and get into the music. Not much else I can say.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"] And by supporting those very same musicians even more young kids get exposed to a world of drug use.LittleHands134

And how is that logic even sound? Reread what you wrote, and get back to us. Also reread everything we've been talking about the last couple of pages.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="DabsTight703"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"]

I really don't understand it. I've only been to one concert and that was about three years ago, but it was hell on earth. I see no intelligent reason why anyone would want to go, even if they are a fan of the music.

1. The bands never sound as good live, especially rock bands.

2. There's normally rude, horrible smelling people filling the seats, and they're always very loud.

3. It's hard to enjoy the music when there's people screaming right next to you.

4. You get a generally better sound quality from listening to the music at home.

5. Concerts cost more than two CDs would, and you get more songs from two CDs, at a better sound quality.

There's my five main reasons. It just doesn't make sense for someone to waste their time and money on going to a concert. Why do people do it?

That's why you should get into electronica. Their concerts are awsome!

I have to admit, what I've seen of electronica concerts did look pretty cool. I can't imagine myself ever going to one, but the lights looked very entertaining.
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 thirteen_zombie

thats so messed up though because people dont deserve to be thrown in jail because of a decision for their own life that had no affect on anyone else but the willing party. If you kill someone yes you should go to jail and suffer, if you take a drug and sit at home and watch movies hang out and have a good time you do not deserve to be in jail.

I will suggest this, find someone who knows of a crowd of people who enjoy using from time to time and just talk to them, find out who they really are and how they act. Some of the people i have met in those communities and on my own binges are some of the most influencial people you will ever meet because they have incredible stories of triumph and personal pride, overcoming huge life obsticles and some are my best friends. Sounds crazy but its honestly true, there are some amazing people in the world of all walks of life, you cant pass them up because they think or do differently in major ways than you. Put yourself in an uncomfortable element and experience.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"] I have to admit, what I've seen of electronica concerts did look pretty cool. I can't imagine myself ever going to one, but the lights looked very entertaining.

Of course you can't imagine yourself going to one. There might be *gasp* drugs there!!
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] And more great music is made by the next generation.Engrish_Major

And how is that logic even sound? Reread what you wrote, and get back to us. Also reread everything we've been talking about the last couple of pages.

How many kids that get interested in drug use from music do you really think end up actually being successful? A very small amount. Sure, you have a few people who might make it big in the music industry, but the rest of them just become failed musicians with a drug addiction.
OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#133 OrkHammer007
Member since 2006 • 4753 Posts

The best reason to go to a concert: sometimes, it's a "once-in-a-lifetime, never-happen-again" event.

I went with my wife to see The Police over the summer, because we knew they were never going to be playing live, ever again, from that point on.

I went with friends to see Iced Earth while they were touring for the "Glorious Burden" album. Seeing "Ripper" Owens live was worth every penny, and actualy meeting the band afterwards... priceless. Especially since Owens left in favor of bringing back Matt Barlow.

I saw Anthrax about 17 years ago when Joey Belladonna was still with the band, and they were touring with Public Enemy. It was the first time a rap act toured with a metal act (to my knowledge), and the last tour for about 15 years with Belladonna as lead vocalist.

Finally, the proceeds of some concerts go to charities, and not to the musicians. Trans-Siberian Orchestra comes to our area every year around Christmas, and donates large sums of money to local causes from their ticket sales. That way, everyone wins: the charities get sizable donations, the fans (the diverse lot I've seen: teenagers with Testament and Savatage T-shirts, grandparents, and everything in between) get a phenomenal live show, and the band gets a lot of positive exposure. I've seen them twice, and plan on seeing them again next year.

Speaking of Anthrax... at a time when it was "metal" to be druggies, they we're seriously anti-drug. Your blanket generalization that you would be "supporting crack-heads" fails here.

Also, jazz musicians introduced pot use to the music world. What kind of music did you say you listen to live? :lol:

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"] How many kids that get interested in drug use from music do you really think end up actually being successful? A very small amount. Sure, you have a few people who might make it big in the music industry, but the rest of them just become failed musicians with a drug addiction.

And then quit the band, and the drugs, hopefully, and get a normal job like the rest of us.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="thirteen_zombie"]

thats so messed up though because people dont deserve to be thrown in jail because of a decision for their own life that had no affect on anyone else but the willing party. If you kill someone yes you should go to jail and suffer, if you take a drug and sit at home and watch movies hang out and have a good time you do not deserve to be in jail.

I will suggest this, find someone who knows of a crowd of people who enjoy using from time to time and just talk to them, find out who they really are and how they act. Some of the people i have met in those communities and on my own binges are some of the most influencial people you will ever meet because they have incredible stories of triumph and personal pride, overcoming huge life obsticles and some are my best friends. Sounds crazy but its honestly true, there are some amazing people in the world of all walks of life, you cant pass them up because they think or do differently in major ways than you. Put yourself in an uncomfortable element and experience.

I can see what you're saying, and jail time might not always seem right, because I'm sure a lot of drug users are very nice people. To make the future a better place though, you need to make some sacrifices. Making an example of people who use illegal drugs would just be one of these sacrifices, and it would probably make the streets a better place in the long run, because younger kids wouldn't get this idea that using drugs is a crime with no consequences.
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 thirteen_zombie
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"] I think they're too busy ODing behind dumpsters to make much music.LittleHands134

How many kids that get interested in drug use from music do you really think end up actually being successful? A very small amount. Sure, you have a few people who might make it big in the music industry, but the rest of them just become failed musicians with a drug addiction.

I know 5 people who started using drugs and got into the psy/techno scene and are doing very well in their careers now. I could have been one of them but i stopped doing it all and went back to being normal, for the most part. they started a local planning group for events they set up and thrown all by themselves and invite everyone called mindoutpsyde. Had I stayed with them and started spinning tables and what not I could've been with them. They tour the country now with other big names in psy and play raw ass parties.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"] How many kids that get interested in drug use from music do you really think end up actually being successful? A very small amount. Sure, you have a few people who might make it big in the music industry, but the rest of them just become failed musicians with a drug addiction.Engrish_Major
And then quit the band, and the drugs, hopefully, and get a normal job like the rest of us.

That's the problem, it's not that easy. You can't just all of the sudden quit drugs when it's not working for you, you'll go through withdraw, probably get addicted again, and then before you know it you're dead. Just like what happened with all of those musicians I listed earlier, I don't think they wanted to die.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 LittleHands134
The vibe I'm getting from you is that you're the type of person who sits in the back of the venue with his arms folded waiting for the messiah of music to come on stage and impress you. (No offense, but that's just what I picture you doing.) If you go into a concert with the attitude, "this better be good" or "ugh, look at those stupid people in the pit" you will never get your money's worth out of a concert. Tracer2115
That's actually very accurate.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"] How many kids that get interested in drug use from music do you really think end up actually being successful? A very small amount. Sure, you have a few people who might make it big in the music industry, but the rest of them just become failed musicians with a drug addiction.LittleHands134

That's the problem, it's not that easy. You can't just all of the sudden quit drugs when it's not working for you, you'll go through withdraw, probably get addicted again, and then before you know it you're dead. Just like what happened with all of those musicians I listed earlier, I don't think they wanted to die.

I think that you must get your information from conservative talk show hosts. Most of the people close to me tried drugs for a while, might have been in a band or two, and then grew up and got normal jobs with good pay. Your massive generalization fails to take into account the millions of people who do try drugs for a while in school, and then quit, never look back, and lead normal lives. It does exist; accept it.
freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#140 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
well you get to see the guy/girl you have been worshipping for years finally come to your city and see them in action live
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] And then quit the band, and the drugs, hopefully, and get a normal job like the rest of us.Engrish_Major

I think that you must get your information from conservative talk show hosts. Most of the people close to me tried drugs for a while, might have been in a band or two, and then grew up and got normal jobs with good pay. Your massive generalization fails to take into account the millions of people who do try drugs for a while in school, and then quit, never look back, and lead normal lives. It does exist; accept it.

Are you talking about a little gateway drug like pot? I really doubt any of your friends were heavily into heroin or meth, you can't just shrug that off. There's a reason that the success rate in rehabs are only about 50%.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"] Are you talking about a little gateway drug like pot? I really doubt any of your friends were heavily into heroin or meth, you can't just shrug that off. There's a reason that the success rate in rehabs are only about 50%.

You are correct about heroin, but musicians don't really do meth. Conversely, high school kids don't do heroin. Musicians and actors do.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"] Are you talking about a little gateway drug like pot? I really doubt any of your friends were heavily into heroin or meth, you can't just shrug that off. There's a reason that the success rate in rehabs are only about 50%.Engrish_Major
You are correct about heroin, but musicians don't really do meth. Conversely, high school kids don't do heroin. Musicians and actors do.

I don't know about that, a lot of high school aged kids are doing heroin or cocaine.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"] Are you talking about a little gateway drug like pot? I really doubt any of your friends were heavily into heroin or meth, you can't just shrug that off. There's a reason that the success rate in rehabs are only about 50%.LittleHands134

I don't know about that, a lot of high school aged kids are doing heroin or cocaine.

Not many that I know. Most high school kids can not afford those.
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 LittleHands134
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] You are correct about heroin, but musicians don't really do meth. Conversely, high school kids don't do heroin. Musicians and actors do.Engrish_Major

Not many that I know. Most high school kids can not afford those.

That's probably right, I think a lot of inner city kids do it though. Probably because some of their parents are on it and it would be easy to get their hands on some. Meth though, I think is especially used a lot by high school kids, since it's not very hard to make.
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 thirteen_zombie
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"] Are you talking about a little gateway drug like pot? I really doubt any of your friends were heavily into heroin or meth, you can't just shrug that off. There's a reason that the success rate in rehabs are only about 50%.LittleHands134

cocain is an expensive drug, so is meth and heroin when you form a habit. Fact is that very few kids in high school these days do heroin, coke yes, but no one really in high school goes out to push off anymore. Also how would you know how many kids are doing heroin or not? you dont know that crowd apparently. Also alcohol is generally the first "drug" anyone tries then pot and so on. But of course for some reason alcohol isn't considered a drug even though it kills way more than most drugs ever have, so in reality alcohol is the gateway drug. I know i drank before I did anything else and drinking got me into pot, pot to shrooms so on and so forth.
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 thirteen_zombie

Nixon coined pot as the "gateway drug". There was no reason for it other than publicity to get mothers to back up his "war on drugs" that had, and still has no purpose other than the fact that in those times, most people, not all, but most people who used pot back then were anti-government, and most still are. It has nothing to do with the fact that its dangerous or addicting, which it is neither, its because he was afraid the users of the world could start something and mutinize the government, which also would not happen because people who use whatever they choose, enjoy having order and justice in life and believe all the same stuff you do.

LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 LittleHands134

Also how would you know how many kids are doing heroin or not? you dont know that crowd apparently. thirteen_zombie

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/dcf/du.htm

Here's where I get most of my information.

thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 thirteen_zombie
isnt the topic of this room, why are concerts so popular? because they rock, enough said.
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 thirteen_zombie

[QUOTE="thirteen_zombie"]Also how would you know how many kids are doing heroin or not? you dont know that crowd apparently. LittleHands134

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/dcf/du.htm

Here's where I get most of my information.

so you get your information of some statistics on the interent that came from you dont know, not from personal experience? Did you know 89% of statistics are made up, and its that easy, see i just did it.