The real evidence that prayer does not work.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Deity_Slapper
Member since 2008 • 2615 Posts
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

You claim things about me in a matter-of-fact way with no evidence, only opinion, and then have the audacity to say that I'm pushing my opinions as facts?

AirGuitarist87

Psst! The topic title is "real evidence".

Psst! I made the topic!

Psst! Topic titles are designed purposely to attract attention!

Psst! You're hilarious dude! :lol:

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#152 d51man
Member since 2005 • 6143 Posts
[QUOTE="d51man"]

I really think you should grow up

Deity_Slapper

An ironic statement, considering that this type of statement is only uttered by those who have nothing better to say...which comes from lack of experience. It's like saying, "you should respect me because I'm older than you!". It holds absolutely ZERO weight. Maybe take your own advice about the part about not being the smartest person on the planet. That's something else that I never claimed, that you attributed to me. Talk about arrogance? How about all of the baseless assumptions you've made about me?

You claim things about me in a matter-of-fact way with no evidence, only opinion, and then have the audacity to say that I'm pushing my opinions as facts? Who is the one who needs to look in the mirror? :?

Really dude, you're drowning here and you don't even know it.

Your argument makes me laugh. I told you that you needed to grow up because your making of a fool of yourself by acting incredibly immature. I have never claimed that I'm the smartest person on the planet, yet you continue to say "I wish there were more smart people", something else about how you should cherish intelligence, only when people disagree with you. You have nothing but praise when they agree, though.

What baseless assumptions have I made? Obviously I said them for a reason, I'm not just pulling things out of my ass. I have to laugh at your arrogance, how you think you're doing such a great job disproving everything I say, yet I'm able to produce responses to everything you say by taking examples from things you've said.

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"]

You have your points and have made them, yet they remain a matter of opinion. You act like they are facts and that everyone should follow what you believe, which does absolutely nothing for your cause.

black_cat19

I never act like everything I say is fact. :lol:

Ever read my sig?

Yes, I've read your sig. You make it seem like your opinion is correct, and none others matter, like yours is a fact and everyone needs to accept that. Your arrogance doesn't help you, either.

So you've read my sig, but never the posts where I compliment people, and agree with them? I don't act like my opinion is correct, I just take a strong stance when stating my opinion. It shouldn't be that hard to understand, really. :roll:

You're really nitpicking here, trying to make me look bad, but it's not going to work, because I know myself better than you know me. I'll always have a way to prove you wrong when discussing matters that relate to myself. I can't believe you're even trying. :lol:

There you go, thanks for proving my point. Like I said, your arrogance doesn't help either. I really think you should grow up, realize that there are other opinions in the world and that you need to accept them as well as yours, and also realize that your are not the most intelligent person on the planet.

I'm not going to defend him against personal "attacks", that's his job, but I think he has a point here, he can prove any assumption you make about him wrong, at least in this setting, because he knows himself, while to you he's just a stranger on the internet. He didn't say he will always be right and you'll be wrong, no matter what the topic is, but rather that he'll always be right about himself.

Just pointing that bit out, now back to just contributing to the thread. :P

Sure, he can prove anything I say about him wrong because we are not talking face to face and I do not know anything about his personal life. I have said very little about that, focusing mainly on things I can figure out from his posts.

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 black_cat19
Member since 2006 • 8212 Posts
[QUOTE="black_cat19"][QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"]

You have your points and have made them, yet they remain a matter of opinion. You act like they are facts and that everyone should follow what you believe, which does absolutely nothing for your cause.

d51man

Ever read my sig?

Yes, I've read your sig. You make it seem like your opinion is correct, and none others matter, like yours is a fact and everyone needs to accept that. Your arrogance doesn't help you, either.

So you've read my sig, but never the posts where I compliment people, and agree with them? I don't act like my opinion is correct, I just take a strong stance when stating my opinion. It shouldn't be that hard to understand, really. :roll:

You're really nitpicking here, trying to make me look bad, but it's not going to work, because I know myself better than you know me. I'll always have a way to prove you wrong when discussing matters that relate to myself. I can't believe you're even trying. :lol:

There you go, thanks for proving my point. Like I said, your arrogance doesn't help either. I really think you should grow up, realize that there are other opinions in the world and that you need to accept them as well as yours, and also realize that your are not the most intelligent person on the planet.

I'm not going to defend him against personal "attacks", that's his job, but I think he has a point here, he can prove any assumption you make about him wrong, at least in this setting, because he knows himself, while to you he's just a stranger on the internet. He didn't say he will always be right and you'll be wrong, no matter what the topic is, but rather that he'll always be right about himself.

Sure, he can prove anything I say about him wrong because we are not talking face to face and I do not know anything about his personal life. I have said very little about that, focusing mainly on things I can figure out from his posts.

Yeah, I know, that's why I said he can prove you wrong about himself "at least in this setting". All I'm saying is I think calling him arrogant didn't follow from that post. :P

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Deity_Slapper

Your argument makes me laugh. I told you that you needed to grow up because your making of a fool of yourself by acting incredibly immature. d51man

No I'm not. You're just saying that because it makes you feel good. :)

"I wish there were more smart people", something else about how you should cherish intelligence, only when people disagree with you. You have nothing but praise when they agree, though. d51man

What's wrong with wishing for more intelligence? And I never said that you, specifically, were not intelligent, did I? Is it not natural to side with those who agree with you; think the same way? I guess you don't understand human nature. You're trying to make crimes out of natural behavior. What's the problem? :lol:

What baseless assumptions have I made? Obviously I said them for a reason, I'm not just pulling things out of my ass. I have to laugh at your arrogance, how you think you're doing such a great job disproving everything I say, yet I'm able to produce responses to everything you say by taking examples from things you've said.

d51man

Baseless assumptions such as that I'm making my opinions seem factual. I've never done that. You just misunderstood that I take a firm stance when stating an opinion. Because if I don't feel strongly about it, what good does it do me to hold it as an opinion? Maybe you feel uncomfortable in the presence of someone who's so firm? ;)

You keep talking about arrogance, but it's clear to anyone here that you are expressing the same arrogance that you claim I have shown, in your attempts to belittle me, and even raise yourself above me. Petty AND arrogant. Just quit. :roll:

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="black_cat19"][QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"]

black_cat19

Ever read my sig?

Yeah, I know, that's why I said he can prove you wrong about himself "at least in this setting". All I'm saying is I think calling him arrogant didn't follow from that post. :P

It's quite easy to tell if someone is arrogant or not. :P

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Deity_Slapper

d51man

You mean, things that you THOUGHT you figured out from my posts. Ego is playing a significant role in your participation here, and you fail to realize it. Oh well. :(

AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#158 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts
[QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

You claim things about me in a matter-of-fact way with no evidence, only opinion, and then have the audacity to say that I'm pushing my opinions as facts?

Deity_Slapper

Psst! I made the topic!

Right...you're not making a lick of sense anymore. Everything I'm reading from you is "this is my fact" followed by "this is my opinion, you're being a douche" followed by "lol you're stupid". This topic is no longer a discussion (I doubt it ever was), as you have no real means of backing up your "evidence". Instead this is a game of Calvin Ball where you hurl insults left, right and center then claim people are being rude to you. I don't believe a word you've said about helping other people or even being liked. I think you're a child, who's mistaken "atheism" for "intelligence".

Deity_Slapper's argument against the above:
- Lol, you're hilarious
- You're angry/complaining/human so your argument is invalid
- *picks random sentence* Wrong.
- You don't know me.

daftdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 daftdog
Member since 2003 • 910 Posts
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

AirGuitarist87

Psst! I made the topic!

Right...you're not making a lick of sense anymore. Everything I'm reading from you is "this is my fact" followed by "this is my opinion, you're being a douche" followed by "lol you're stupid". This topic is no longer a discussion (I doubt it ever was), as you have no real means of backing up your "evidence". Instead this is a game of Calvin Ball where you hurl insults left, right and center then claim people are being rude to you. I don't believe a word you've said about helping other people or even being liked. I think you're a child, who's mistaken "atheism" for "intelligence".

- Lol, you're hilarious
- You don't know me.

OWNED :)

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 black_cat19
[QUOTE="black_cat19"][QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="black_cat19"][QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"]

d51man

Ever read my sig?

^^^

I never said otherwise. :)

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Deity_Slapper

d51man

Yes, yes it is. :roll:

(Hint)

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"]

Your argument makes me laugh. I told you that you needed to grow up because your making of a fool of yourself by acting incredibly immature. Deity_Slapper

No I'm not. You're just saying that because it makes you feel good. :)

"I wish there were more smart people", something else about how you should cherish intelligence, only when people disagree with you. You have nothing but praise when they agree, though. d51man

What's wrong with wishing for more intelligence? And I never said that you, specifically, were not intelligent, did I? Is it not natural to side with those who agree with you; think the same way? I guess you don't understand human nature. You're trying to make crimes out of natural behavior. What's the problem? :lol:

d51man

Baseless assumptions such as that I'm making my opinions seem factual. I've never done that. You just misunderstood that I take a firm stance when stating an opinion. Because if I don't feel strongly about it, what good does it do me to hold it as an opinion? Maybe you feel uncomfortable in the presence of someone who's so firm? ;)

You keep talking about arrogance, but it's clear to anyone here that you are expressing the same arrogance that you claim I have shown, in your attempts to belittle me, and even raise yourself above me. Petty AND arrogant. Just quit. :roll:

Yes, your acting quite childish.

No, you never said that I was not intelligent (that I recall), and there is absolutely nothing wrong with siding with people who agree with you. The problem is calling people that don't agree with you unintelligent. Just because they have a different way of thinking does not make them idiots. If you think it does, then they could turn say the same thing about you.

You do say things quite matter-of-factly, and you say things like you think they're facts. Maybe you don't mean it that way, if you don't, you should phrase them better, so it doesn't come off that way.

I am not arrogant in the least bit. I am simply stating my opinion. I'm basing everything off of what I've read from your posts. To me, you do seem quite arrogant. My opinion. Also, since I'm basing things off of your posts, they are not baseless. :roll: I am not trying to raise myself above you, or belittle you, just prove to you that your quite immature and full of yourself.

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"]

Deity_Slapper

(Hint)

Good, now that we've both agreed that your arrogant, we can move on. :roll:

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Deity_Slapper

Right...you're not making a lick of sense anymore. AirGuitarist87

Aww shucks. :(

Everything I'm reading from you is "this is my fact" followed by "this is my opinion, you're being a douche" followed by "lol you're stupid". This topic is no longer a discussion (I doubt it ever was), as you have no real means of backing up your "evidence". Instead this is a game of Calvin Ball where you hurl insults left, right and center then claim people are being rude to you. I don't believe a word you've said about helping other people or even being liked. I think you're a child, who's mistaken "atheism" for "intelligence".

- Lol, you're hilarious
- You don't know me.

AirGuitarist87

You're the one who brought the word "douche" into the conversation, not me. And look at you be hypocritical again. Why do you think before you post? :cry:

As you're criticizing me, you're employing the very tactics that you claim that I have used, and are even complaining about! Just read your own posts for once! :lol:

EDIT: It's funny that you say my arguement fails, because yours fails instantly when you attribute things to me that I never said, in an attempt to "defeat" me (as if there's a competition going on :roll: ). Example: I never said douche until you did, and I was making fun of it. I never said anyone was stupid, and I NEVER say "LOL". What a gargantuan fail.

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="black_cat19"][QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="black_cat19"][QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"]

black_cat19

Ever read my sig?

^^^

I never said otherwise. :)

I know, just stating the obvious. :P

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"]

d51man

(Hint)

See, that was an arrogant response. Do you honestly think you're fooling anyone? :lol:

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"]

Deity_Slapper

You mean, things that you THOUGHT you figured out from my posts. Ego is playing a significant role in your participation here, and you fail to realize it. Oh well. :(

Ego? Why? You have no way of proving that, you don't know anything about me. You assume things about me, but you don't eve know me. :roll:

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"]

Deity_Slapper

(Hint)

See, that was an arrogant response. Do you honestly think you're fooling anyone? :lol:

I said that jokingly. Apparently the :roll: didn't help you out.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Deity_Slapper

You do say things quite matter-of-factly, and you say things like you think they're facts. Maybe you don't mean it that way, if you don't, you should phrase them better, so it doesn't come off that way.

d51man

I don't have to change the way I construct my posts just so you can understand them better. :lol:

I am not trying to raise myself above you, or belittle you, just prove to you that your quite immature and full of yourself.

d51man

If you're trying to "prove" that someone is immature and full of themselves, then you ARE trying to raise yourself above that person, and in this instance, it's in a public forum, and you're trying to do it in front of others. Admit it already. It's not like I care, I know what I've got, and you'll never take it away from me...although it's entertaining to watch you try.

So far, every post you've made was extremely easy to poke holes in. You're not that challenging of an adversary at all, sorry, but that's real.

JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 JJ_Productions
Member since 2008 • 1067 Posts
[QUOTE="black_cat19"]

No, maybe it needs rephrasing, but the point was "people need to realize that praying does absolutely nothing, it doesn't work, because if it did problems such as starving kids in africa would have been solved by now, seeing as millions of people must pray for these kids every day, so stop wasting your time and actually DO something."

And it's not just about the kids in africa, either, that was the example he used, he means to stop wasting your time waiting for all your problems to solve themselves and go solve them.

Deity_Slapper

Win.

Damn, why can't everyone be as smart as you? Eh... I guess we need some lames to remind us of how sacred intelligence actually is...

Have you actually tried praying for theose starving kids in africa, since millions of people have. I guess now a days you don't have to have actual real "evidence" for real evidence cause i have seen zero evidence and 00% opinion

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"]

d51man

(Hint)

Apparently you couldn't tell that I know you're joking, and I'm keeping the joke alive. I guess the :lol: didn't help you.

By the way, when black_cat19 said "I never said otherwise", did you notice the little arrows pointing up at you? ;)

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"]

Deity_Slapper

I don't have to change the way I construct my posts just so you can understand them better. :lol:

I am not trying to raise myself above you, or belittle you, just prove to you that your quite immature and full of yourself.

d51man

If you're trying to "prove" that someone is immature and full of themselves, then you ARE trying to raise yourself above that person, and in this instance, it's in a public forum, and you're trying to do it in front of others. Admit it already. It's not like I care, I know what I've got, and you'll never take it away from me...although it's entertaining to watch you try.

So far, every post you've made was extremely easy to poke holes in. You're not that challenging of an adversary at all, sorry, but that's real.

I understand your posts just fine. I was saying that if you really aren't so arrogant, you should phrase them a little better so it doesn't seem like you are. Talk about not understanding posts.

In public? What do you think I am, some 5th grade bully trying to make fun of you to look cool? I'm not trying to raise myself above you. I never said that I was a better person (which you've tried on me). I'm merely stating that your acting like a child and coming off as arrogant.

It's more like you try to poke holes in my argument, but instead just ram your finger against it and give yourself a boo boo. You've done a good job of coming up with arguments against my thread, unfortunately none of them are doing anything.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Deity_Slapper

I understand your posts just fine. I was saying that if you really aren't so arrogant, you should phrase them a little better so it doesn't seem like you are. Talk about not understanding posts.

In public? What do you think I am, some 5th grade bully trying to make fun of you to look cool? I'm not trying to raise myself above you. I never said that I was a better person (which you've tried on me). I'm merely stating that your acting like a child and coming off as arrogant.

It's more like you try to poke holes in my argument, but instead just ram your finger against it and give yourself a boo boo. You've done a good job of coming up with arguments against my thread, unfortunately none of them are doing anything.

d51man

So that's how you see it in your little imaginary world, huh? :lol:

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"]

Deity_Slapper

(Hint)

Apparently you couldn't tell that I know you're joking, and I'm keeping the joke alive. I guess the :lol: didn't help you.

By the way, when black_cat19 said "I never said otherwise", did you notice the little arrows pointing up at you? ;)

Considering that you've been using that emote while laughing at other people's opinions, no, I didn't notice that you were trying to keep the joke alive. :roll:

I thought that the arrows were pointing up to the words he put in bold, but I wasn't sure what he meant by them.

JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 JJ_Productions

This guy is just looking for attention, he hates God and wants other to follow his beliefs and opinions, next time don't make false thread topics such as evidence because all i hve read are opinions, prayer is real, it works, and to say that it does not when you haven't tried it yourself with real conviction in your heart.

How can you blame God for starving children in africa? I guess its Gods fault why theres a war in Iraq right now, oh, and i guess its his fault that russia tried to invade georgia right? No its not Gods fault, its mans fault, mans makes these decision. The british raped africa of its wealth, gold diamonds natural resources, destroyed kingdoms, brought guns and left, now african is destroying it self. Seems pretty evident that man caused that problem and not God

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"]

Deity_Slapper

Good job poking holes in it. I thought my argument was weak, I was sure that you would've been able to disprove everything in that post.

Look back at your posts. Every time someone posts an argument against what you say, you don't argue against them, providing them with examples and reasoning as to why your saying things. You just insult them until they give up and go away.

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 d51man

This guy is just looking for attention, he hates God and wants other to follow his beliefs and opinions, next time don't make false thread topics such as evidence because all i hve read are opinions, prayer is real, it works, and to say that it does not when you haven't tried it yourself with real conviction in your heart.

How can you blame God for starving children in africa? I guess its Gods fault why theres a war in Iraq right now, oh, and i guess its his fault that russia tried to invade georgia right? No its not Gods fault, its mans fault, mans makes these decision. The british raped africa of its wealth, gold diamonds natural resources, destroyed kingdoms, brought guns and left, now african is destroying it self. Seems pretty evident that man caused that problem and not God

JJ_Productions

I know he only wants attention, he's egging me on. I'm going along with it because his posts are a great source of amusement.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Deity_Slapper

next time don't make false thread topics such as evidence because all i hve read are opinionsJJ_Productions

Followed by:

prayer is real, it works, and to say that it does not when you haven't tried it yourself with real conviction in your heart.

JJ_Productions

Ouch. An extremely obvious contradiction.

AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 AirGuitarist87
[QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"]

Right...you're not making a lick of sense anymore. Deity_Slapper

Aww shucks. :(

Everything I'm reading from you is "this is my fact" followed by "this is my opinion, you're being a douche" followed by "lol you're stupid". This topic is no longer a discussion (I doubt it ever was), as you have no real means of backing up your "evidence". Instead this is a game of Calvin Ball where you hurl insults left, right and center then claim people are being rude to you. I don't believe a word you've said about helping other people or even being liked. I think you're a child, who's mistaken "atheism" for "intelligence".

- Lol, you're hilarious
- You don't know me.

AirGuitarist87

You're the one who brought the word "douche" into the conversation, not me. And look at you be hypocritical again. Why do you think before you post? :cry:

As you're criticizing me, you're employing the very tactics that you claim that I have used, and are even complaining about! Just read your own posts for once! :lol:

EDIT: It's funny that you say my arguement fails, because yours fails instantly when you attribute things to me that I never said, in an attempt to "defeat" me (as if there's a competition going on :roll: ). Example: I never said douche until you did, and I was making fun of it. I never said anyone was stupid, and I NEVER say "LOL". What a gargantuan fail.

Aww, you love me so much you editted your post twice. :P

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"]

d51man

Good job poking holes in it. I thought my argument was weak, I was sure that you would've been able to disprove everything in that post.

Look back at your posts. Every time someone posts an argument against what you say, you don't argue against them, providing them with examples and reasoning as to why your saying things. You just insult them until they give up and go away.

Remember what I said earlier about seeing past the clutter to get to the point? I guess you're just lazy. :roll:

I always provide reasons for why I feel my opinions are valid.

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Lansdowne5
Member since 2008 • 6015 Posts

Hungry children in Ethiopia are still suffering.

That should be enough, but for those who can't see past their noses, allow me to explain.

Every single day, since the beginning of our awareness that there are starving children in impoverished parts of the world, good-hearted people have been praying to the lord to help these children receive the nourishment they so desperately need. How long ago was this? At least a few decades. Hell, I'll bet that even just today alone, there were probably thousands, if not tens of thousands of prayers from all over the world, that hungry children should not be hungry any longer.

What really strikes me as odd however, is why god wouldn't notice this on his own, as he actually needed people to pray to him and notify him of the problem :roll: But anyway, if he cared, he would rectify this situation immediately, right? Perhaps god will make examples out of some people, to teach others...but why innocent children? There is absolutely no justification for that. NONE.

Since starving children first came to our attention, billions of prayers have been said. Yes, billions. Easily. Yet, not even ONE was answered. I wonder why...

So not only does god not give a crap about innocent babies suffering the horrible pain of extreme malnutrition, but he obviously doesn't give a crap about the cries of his other people, the supposedly "chosen" christians, the ones who are pleading with him to send some much needed help to the hungry.

God ignores the suffering of the innocent, and ignores the prayers of the good-natured. Wow. What a swell guy. :roll:

Deity_Slapper

BS Deity, this is your worst topic to date. Read your Bible and stop making accusations when you have no idea what your talking about.

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 d51man
[QUOTE="JJ_Productions"]

next time don't make false thread topics such as evidence because all i hve read are opinionsDeity_Slapper

Followed by:

prayer is real, it works, and to say that it does not when you haven't tried it yourself with real conviction in your heart.

JJ_Productions

He didn't contradict himself. He stated the obvious and then stated his opinion. How is that contradictory?

JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 JJ_Productions
[QUOTE="JJ_Productions"]

next time don't make false thread topics such as evidence because all i hve read are opinionsDeity_Slapper

Followed by:

JJ_Productions

Exactly, my opinion, i have never said it was fact, unlike you, who seem to have to knowledge of the universe. In my heart i really believe prayer works, you might not agree, but it is my opinion,

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"]

Deity_Slapper

Remember what I said earlier about seeing past the clutter to get to the point? I guess you're just lazy. :roll:

I always provide reasons for why I feel my opinions are valid.

Twice you have failed to do that.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Deity_Slapper

AirGuitarist87

The first one was to add something I should have typed the first time. The second was for a couple typing (spelling) errors. Sorry, it's not all about you. :)

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 black_cat19
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"]

d51man

(Hint)

Considering that you've been using that emote while laughing at other people's opinions, no, I didn't notice that you were trying to keep the joke alive. :roll:

I thought that the arrows were pointing up to the words he put in bold, but I wasn't sure what he meant by them.

Yes, I was actually pointing to the bolded text...

I'm not calling anyone anything, please don't use me as a scapegoat, I agree with deity slapper's initial point and I'm not sure wether I agree with d51man or not because this thread stopped being a discussion 3 pages ago, that's all I know. I should have known better than to step in on this, I swear it won't happen again, but now please keep your personal argument to yourselves ok? :)

AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 AirGuitarist87
[QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"]

Deity_Slapper

The first one was to add something I should have typed the first time. The second was for a couple typing (spelling) errors. Sorry, it's not all about you. :)

So that night in Paris meant nothing to you? :cry:

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="JJ_Productions"]

next time don't make false thread topics such as evidence because all i hve read are opinionsd51man

Followed by:

JJ_Productions

He didn't contradict himself. He stated the obvious and then stated his opinion. How is that contradictory?

He's complaining that all he's read is opinions, but then goes on to state an opinion of his own. I can't believe I actually had to spell this out for you. Some things should be obvious. :roll:

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"]

black_cat19

(Hint)

Yes, I was actually pointing to the bolded text...

I'm not calling anyone anything, please don't use me as a scapegoat, I agree with deity slapper's initial point and I'm not sure wether I agree with d51man or not because this thread stopped being a discussion 3 pages ago, that's all I know. I should have known better than to step in on this, I swear it won't happen again, but now please keep your personal argument to yourselves ok? :)

I'm not trying to drag you into this. It's best not to become part of it, not worth it.

_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 _rock_
Member since 2007 • 7071 Posts
[QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

daftdog

Psst! I made the topic!

- Lol, you're hilarious
- You don't know me.

I agree8)
d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="JJ_Productions"]

Followed by:

JJ_Productions

He's complaining that all he's read is opinions, but then goes on to state an opinion of his own. I can't believe I actually had to spell this out for you. Some things should be obvious. :roll:

What's wrong with that? He didn't contradict himself. His is pointing out that everything anyone says about this is opinion, and he cannot state his? He's allowed to do that.

JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 JJ_Productions
[QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="JJ_Productions"]

Followed by:

JJ_Productions

This guy is a serious joker, he is not here to debate but to piss off, and thats what he can do, at least try an argue your point instead of being a prick

JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 JJ_Productions
[QUOTE="daftdog"][QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

_rock_

Psst! I made the topic!

- Lol, you're hilarious
- You don't know me.

I agree8)

Now i can say 100% that thats FACT

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="JJ_Productions"]

next time don't make false thread topics such as evidence because all i hve read are opinionsJJ_Productions

Followed by:

JJ_Productions

Exactly, my opinion, i have never said it was fact, unlike you, who seem to have to knowledge of the universe. In my heart i really believe prayer works, you might not agree, but it is my opinion,

All you said was that it's real and that it works. Concrete statements, they are. Right after saying that you've seen nothing but opinion.

I think my brain is going to explode if I stay on this forum too long. I always forget how zombified everyone is these days...with all your prescription pills, fairy tales, and reality television...uugghhh...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#195 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
Seriously diety I think you should stop.
JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 JJ_Productions
[QUOTE="JJ_Productions"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="JJ_Productions"]

Followed by:

JJ_Productions

All you said was that it's real and that it works. Concrete statements, they are. Right after saying that you've seen nothing but opinion.

I think my brain is going to explode if I stay on this forum too long. I always forget how zombified everyone is these days...with all your prescription pills, fairy tales, and reality television...uugghhh...

I seem to understand his formula now, (insert random sentence here) + (insult) = coolness

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="_rock_"][QUOTE="daftdog"][QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

JJ_Productions

Psst! I made the topic!

- Lol, you're hilarious
- You don't know me.

I agree8)

Now i can say 100% that thats FACT

You guys are hilarious. Half of his supposed ownage is made up stuff that I never said. :lol:

See what I said about siding with those who think the same? Look at what we have here. Even if there is no ownage, they'll all jump on the bandwagon, just so they can take a swipe at me. WEEEEEAAAAAKK....

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 d51man
[QUOTE="JJ_Productions"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="JJ_Productions"]

Followed by:

JJ_Productions

He believes that it's real and it works. That is an opinion, young one.

He stated that he has seen nothing but opinion, that is a fact, young one.

Again you complain about everything else. It's about time I got back to my life and begin my day, now that I've gotten my point across and other people are here to continue to show you. Good day to you.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Deity_Slapper

I seem to understand his formula now, (insert random sentence here) + (insult) = coolness

JJ_Productions

As opposed to, thinly veiled insult + mathematical equation = coolness? :?

Hypocrite? Perhaps. :roll:

Avatar image for superheromonkey
superheromonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 superheromonkey
Member since 2005 • 1568 Posts

Hungry children in Ethiopia are still suffering.

That should be enough, but for those who can't see past their noses, allow me to explain.

Every single day, since the beginning of our awareness that there are starving children in impoverished parts of the world, good-hearted people have been praying to the lord to help these children receive the nourishment they so desperately need. How long ago was this? At least a few decades. Hell, I'll bet that even just today alone, there were probably thousands, if not tens of thousands of prayers from all over the world, that hungry children should not be hungry any longer.

What really strikes me as odd however, is why god wouldn't notice this on his own, as he actually needed people to pray to him and notify him of the problem :roll: But anyway, if he cared, he would rectify this situation immediately, right? Perhaps god will make examples out of some people, to teach others...but why innocent children? There is absolutely no justification for that. NONE.

Since starving children first came to our attention, billions of prayers have been said. Yes, billions. Easily. Yet, not even ONE was answered. I wonder why...

So not only does god not give a crap about innocent babies suffering the horrible pain of extreme malnutrition, but he obviously doesn't give a crap about the cries of his other people, the supposedly "chosen" christians, the ones who are pleading with him to send some much needed help to the hungry.

God ignores the suffering of the innocent, and ignores the prayers of the good-natured. Wow. What a swell guy. :roll:

Deity_Slapper

you have a flawed understanding of the problem of evil. Christians have already defended against this since the days of aquinas.