The real evidence that prayer does not work.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#101 d51man
Member since 2005 • 6143 Posts
[QUOTE="d51man"]

I doubt that you would ever do this. Not because it's not possible, and not because I don't believe that you could earn the money, but because once you have the money, you'll probably forget all about it. How many people say they're going to help all of the "little people" once they get some money, and once they have it think of no one but themselves? Not everyone, I know there are a lot of good hearted people, but there are a lot of selfish people too.

Deity_Slapper

Good job with assuming things about me. :roll:

You don't know my heart. I've cooked and bought food for homeless people countless times. I've given them money, and not just change. I've handed out 5s and 10s to the homeless, when I have it. I give to my family and friends all the time. Food, money, etc. I always offer people things to eat and drink when they come over.

I pamper people too much for my own good. My friends always tell me that too. That I'm always looking out for them all the time, even to the point where it seems like I'm trying to be their dad or something. I always end up shorting myself in the end, just so someone else could have something. You don't have a damn clue about where my heart is bro.

You think your the only one who does? I've given bags of food to the church for the homeless, given money to the poor, helped out friends, etc. I was just stating my opinion. I've stopped giving money to the homeless so much, after I gave money to one and then ran into him in the liquor store spending the money I gave him. :|

It should be your job to accept that there will be people like me, and go ahead and earn yourself lots of money, and prove all of us wrong. That should be one of your goals, if your really serious about doing what you say.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Deity_Slapper
Member since 2008 • 2615 Posts

So your gonna wait, untill you can do it youself, and do nothing inbetween? Lets take in mind that you may never accomplish this goal, and will thus do nothing. So I don't think you have any right to criticise the religious people who do not donate (and pray), untill you actually do something.

I guess you didn't read my post where I say that I give food and money to the homeless. :roll:

I do what I can. I'm not rich. Sometimes I go without for a period of time, but it wouldn't do anyone any good if I made myself completely bankrupt in the process of helping others. If I go broke, I can't help anyone anymore, and I'll end up being another person needing help instead, which doesn't help knock down the percentage of people in need. Get it?

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 black_cat19
Member since 2006 • 8212 Posts

I may be missing the point here, but why do we need God to give people food? Can't we just Give them some of our food instead of hoping that a God who may or may not exist will get off his arse and actually DO something? Prayer is all well and good if it makes you feel better during a personal tragedy, but a situation as bad as this we need people to take action. Not God.manicfoot

That's precisely the point, praying for god to come solve all our problems is useless and will not achieve anything, that's what deity slapper was saying.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Deity_Slapper

Damn Deity_Slapper we've really got to work on your manners.domatron23

My "manners" are plentiful.

It's just that most people here don't deserve them. When away from the falsified world of the internet where everyone is a flawless know-it-all, I'm well respected, and a favorite amongst my peers, family, and neighborhood alike. At the risk of sounding arrogant...

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 d51man

[QUOTE="manicfoot"]I may be missing the point here, but why do we need God to give people food? Can't we just Give them some of our food instead of hoping that a God who may or may not exist will get off his arse and actually DO something? Prayer is all well and good if it makes you feel better during a personal tragedy, but a situation as bad as this we need people to take action. Not God.black_cat19

That's precisely the point, praying for god to come solve all our problems is useless and will not achieve anything, that's what deity slapper was saying.

It seemed to be more like "why, when we pray, doesn't go come and solve all of our problems? Are we seriously going to have to do things ourselves?" to me. I could be wrong, though.

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 d51man

[QUOTE="domatron23"]Damn Deity_Slapper we've really got to work on your manners.Deity_Slapper

It's just that most people here don't deserve them. When away from the falsified world of the internet where everyone is a flawless know-it-all, I'm well respected, and a favorite amongst my peers, family, and neighborhood alike. At the risk of sounding arrogant...

You do sound arrogant. I bet it feels good to help out the poor folks every now and again, and boast about it to all of your friends. Your manners (at least from what I've read) are non existant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#107 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
[QUOTE="123625"]

So your gonna wait, untill you can do it youself, and do nothing inbetween? Lets take in mind that you may never accomplish this goal, and will thus do nothing. So I don't think you have any right to criticise the religious people who do not donate (and pray), untill you actually do something.

Deity_Slapper

I guess you didn't read my post where I say that I give food and money to the homeless. :roll:

I do what I can. I'm not rich. Sometimes I go without for a period of time, but it wouldn't do anyone any good if I made myself completely bankrupt in the process of helping others. If I go broke, I can't help anyone anymore, and I'll end up being another person needing help instead, which doesn't help knock down the percentage of people in need. Get it?

I guess I missed that part in your post, I'll go over it after this one.

And I'm not asking you, or even commanding you to make yourself poor. Just to stop criticising Christians who pray and don't donate, because they can't afford it.

Edit: Can't find where you said you gave food and money to homeless. Only the sentence "if I can"

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"]

I doubt that you would ever do this. Not because it's not possible, and not because I don't believe that you could earn the money, but because once you have the money, you'll probably forget all about it. How many people say they're going to help all of the "little people" once they get some money, and once they have it think of no one but themselves? Not everyone, I know there are a lot of good hearted people, but there are a lot of selfish people too.

d51man

You don't know my heart. I've cooked and bought food for homeless people countless times. I've given them money, and not just change. I've handed out 5s and 10s to the homeless, when I have it. I give to my family and friends all the time. Food, money, etc. I always offer people things to eat and drink when they come over.

I pamper people too much for my own good. My friends always tell me that too. That I'm always looking out for them all the time, even to the point where it seems like I'm trying to be their dad or something. I always end up shorting myself in the end, just so someone else could have something. You don't have a damn clue about where my heart is bro.

You think your the only one who does? I've given bags of food to the church for the homeless, given money to the poor, helped out friends, etc. I was just stating my opinion. I've stopped giving money to the homeless so much, after I gave money to one and then ran into him in the liquor store spending the money I gave him. :|

It should be your job to accept that there will be people like me, and go ahead and earn yourself lots of money, and prove all of us wrong. That should be one of your goals, if your really serious about doing what you say.

Jeez, dude. :lol:

I didn't mean to turn this thread into a place where everyone starts patting themselves on the back. Good for you. I worry about the homeless spending the money on alcohol as well, which is why I usually buy the food and bring it to them, but I've given cash when it was the only thing I had time to do.

And as far as what I want to do, I will, if I can, regardless of what anyone says about it. If it doesn't happen, it won't be because some internet geek talked me out of it.

_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109 _rock_
Member since 2007 • 7071 Posts
When you pray you have to follow threw with what you prayed for. If you pray for the poor kids to be feed and have an education, you need to act and help them by raising money or something and God will help you on the way. Gods just not gonna go BAM and everyone is happy.
Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="black_cat19"]

[QUOTE="manicfoot"]I may be missing the point here, but why do we need God to give people food? Can't we just Give them some of our food instead of hoping that a God who may or may not exist will get off his arse and actually DO something? Prayer is all well and good if it makes you feel better during a personal tragedy, but a situation as bad as this we need people to take action. Not God.d51man

It seemed to be more like "why, when we pray, doesn't go come and solve all of our problems? Are we seriously going to have to do things ourselves?" to me. I could be wrong, though.

Yes, you're wrong. Black_cat19 is the only one who got it. The original post was written in the vein of, "why can't you see that we shouldn't rely on your invisible superhero when we could do it ourselves?"

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

[QUOTE="domatron23"]Damn Deity_Slapper we've really got to work on your manners.Deity_Slapper

You must have noticed that your arguments piss people off far more than they convince people. That's not because you're a poor debater but because you're just very rude and snarky most of the time. If you can do well in a debate without constantly undermining your opponent then you know that you actually have good arguments.

All that I'm saying is that you do yourself a disservice by being less than polite.

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"]

Deity_Slapper

Jeez, dude. :lol:

I didn't mean to turn this thread into a place where everyone starts patting themselves on the back. Good for you. I worry about the homeless spending the money on alcohol as well, which is why I usually buy the food and bring it to them, but I've given cash when it was the only thing I had time to do.

And as far as what I want to do, I will, if I can, regardless of what anyone says about it. If it doesn't happen, it won't be because some internet geek talked me out of it.

Yeah, I was pretty pissed off when I saw the guy in there. I let him be, though, figured he probably has some troubles. I know, I don't want to turn your thread into a competition about who can be the most generous, either.

By the way, I'm not "some internet geek". :(

AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts

I've always found it funny how your sig says "The post above consists only of my own personal opinion" when you use absolutes like "real evidence".

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Deity_Slapper

Edit: Can't find where you said you gave food and money to homeless. Only the sentence "if I can"

Here ya go:

I pamper people too much for my own good. My friends always tell me that too. That I'm always looking out for them all the time, even to the point where it seems like I'm trying to be their dad or something. I always end up shorting myself in the end, just so someone else could have something. You don't have a damn clue about where my heart is bro. Deity_Slapper

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 black_cat19
[QUOTE="black_cat19"]

[QUOTE="manicfoot"]I may be missing the point here, but why do we need God to give people food? Can't we just Give them some of our food instead of hoping that a God who may or may not exist will get off his arse and actually DO something? Prayer is all well and good if it makes you feel better during a personal tragedy, but a situation as bad as this we need people to take action. Not God.d51man

No, maybe it needs rephrasing, but the point was "people need to realize that praying does absolutely nothing, it doesn't work, because if it did problems such as starving kids in africa would have been solved by now, seeing as millions of people must pray for these kids every day, so stop wasting your time and actually DO something."

And it's not just about the kids in africa, either, that was the example he used, he means to stop wasting your time waiting for all your problems to solve themselves and go solve them.

Oh, and btw deity slapper, I think you missed one of my posts on the previous page. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#116 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
[QUOTE="123625"]

Deity_Slapper

Here ya go:

I pamper people too much for my own good. My friends always tell me that too. That I'm always looking out for them all the time, even to the point where it seems like I'm trying to be their dad or something. I always end up shorting myself in the end, just so someone else could have something. You don't have a damn clue about where my heart is bro. Deity_Slapper

Omg, sorry just saw it in thread. Well if did these things, your a pretty good guy.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

[QUOTE="domatron23"]Damn Deity_Slapper we've really got to work on your manners.domatron23

You must have noticed that your arguments piss people off far more than they convince people. That's not because you're a poor debater but because you're just very rude and snarky most of the time. If you can do well in a debate without constantly undermining your opponent then you know that you actually have good arguments.

All that I'm saying is that you do yourself a disservice by being less than polite.

You don't seem to realize that I don't give a crap.

And actually, sometimes pissing people off is the only way they'll listen. Unless you get under people's skin, they won't take you seriously, especially on the internet, where everyone sits back, reads into everything with only their ego, and thinks of the best way they can look cool in responding. I take that away from them, so that I can get a meat and bones type of answer. I don't have time for dancing around the subject. No one here is a real friend of mine anway, so why concern yourself with this?

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 d51man
[QUOTE="domatron23"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

You don't seem to realize that I don't give a crap.

And actually, sometimes pissing people off is the only way they'll listen. Unless you get under people's skin, they won't take you seriously, especially on the internet, where everyone sits back, reads into everything with only their ego, and thinks of the best way they can look cool in responding. I take that away from them, so that I can get a meat and bones type of answer. I don't have time for dancing around the subject. No one here is a real friend of mine anway, so why concern yourself with this?

That was a good example of what he was talking about. Making people angry doesn't solve anything, only causes more problems. The best way to convince people is with a good, strong argument.

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="black_cat19"]

[QUOTE="manicfoot"]I may be missing the point here, but why do we need God to give people food? Can't we just Give them some of our food instead of hoping that a God who may or may not exist will get off his arse and actually DO something? Prayer is all well and good if it makes you feel better during a personal tragedy, but a situation as bad as this we need people to take action. Not God.black_cat19

No, maybe it needs rephrasing, but the point was "people need to realize that praying does absolutely nothing, it doesn't work, because if it did problems such as starving kids in africa would have been solved by now, seeing as millions of people must pray for these kids every day, so stop wasting your time and actually DO something."

And it's not just about the kids in africa, either, that was the example he used, he means to stop wasting your time waiting for all your problems to solve themselves and go solve them.

Oh, and btw deity slapper, I think you missed one of my posts on the previous page. :)

Yeah, I think it could've been said better. That's also a matter of opinion. It's not a proven fact that prayer doesn't work.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Deity_Slapper

black_cat19

Win.

Damn, why can't everyone be as smart as you? Eh... I guess we need some lames to remind us of how sacred intelligence actually is...

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 d51man
[QUOTE="black_cat19"]

Deity_Slapper

Win.

Damn, why can't everyone be as smart as you? Eh... I guess we need some lames to remind us of how sacred intelligence actually is...

Another good example. Your arrogance does nothing but anger people and make no one but you value your opinion.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Deity_Slapper

That was a good example of what he was talking about. Making people angry doesn't solve anything, only causes more problems. The best way to convince people is with a good, strong argument.

d51man

Being harsh doesn't take away from the strength of my points...only if you get caught up in the attitude it will, for you, and you alone... ;)

The points remain. Those who wish to see the points, will see them regardless of what else may be cluttered around it.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="black_cat19"]

d51man

Win.

Another good example. Your arrogance does nothing but anger people and make no one but you value your opinion.

So you're angry? But when people are angry they say things they don't mean. So how can I take any of your critcisms seriously? :)

If people will ignore my points simply because a little word here and there rubbed them the wrong way, is that not evidence of weak character?

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"]

Deity_Slapper

Being harsh doesn't take away from the strength of my points...only if you get caught up in the attitude it will, for you, and you alone... ;)

The points remain. Those who wish to see the points, will see them regardless of what else may be cluttered around it.

You have your points and have made them, yet they remain a matter of opinion. You act like they are facts and that everyone should follow what you believe, which does absolutely nothing for your cause.

_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 _rock_

Yeah, I think it could've been said better. That's also a matter of opinion. It's not a proven fact that prayer doesn't work.

d51man
I know someone who broke there finger. She went to a prayer session everyone prayed for her and it was healed in the morning. Proves prayer dose work.
d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="black_cat19"]

Deity_Slapper

Win.

So you're angry? But when people are angry they say things they don't mean. So how can I take any of your critcisms seriously? :)

If people will ignore my points simply because a little word here and there rubbed them the wrong way, is that not evidence of weak character?

I'm not angry at all. It's not just a few little words here and there, you say everything so matter-of-factly, I find it hard to take anything you say seriously.

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"]

_rock_

I know someone who broke there finger. She went to a prayer session everyone prayed for her and it was healed in the morning. Proves prayer dose work.

I didn't say whether or not it worked or not, I don't know.

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#128 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

[QUOTE="_rock_"][QUOTE="manicfoot"]I may be missing the point here, but why do we need God to give people food? Can't we just Give them some of our food instead of hoping that a God who may or may not exist will get off his arse and actually DO something? Prayer is all well and good if it makes you feel better during a personal tragedy, but a situation as bad as this we need people to take action. Not God._rock_

Yeh I don't know what this guy expects, For God to just make bread rain from the sky or something. We could easily stop world hunger ourselfs. This is a fact, If we took all the money from the 5 richest countrys and divided it among everyone in the world everyone would have 1 million dollers.

That's not quite what I had in mind, but are you saying that god couldn't do that? I mean, if he can walk his pretty ass across some water, and turn water into wine, could he not make bread fall from the sky? Do you doubt your own god's power? :?

Uh oh...you're gonna fry for that one! :lol: (Since god doesn't like to be doubted, you know....he's watching!)

God could easily do that. But maybe its up to us if we want to truley stop world hunger. And instead of you saying you will do all these great things...when? when you win the lottery? go out there and do something decent with your time, Start small, thats the only way you will ever be able to go to other countrys and hand out food to everyone.

I never said God COULDN'T do it. I simply said that for whatever reason - he isn't. Therefore its up to us.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Deity_Slapper

You have your points and have made them, yet they remain a matter of opinion. You act like they are facts and that everyone should follow what you believe, which does absolutely nothing for your cause.

d51man

I never act like everything I say is fact. :lol:

Ever read my sig?

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 black_cat19
[QUOTE="d51man"]

_rock_

How do you know it wasn't her own doing? The mind is a powerful thing, by praying to god, she was so sure, so certain beyond all doubt that she would be healed, it actually happened, how do you know it wasn't just this great hope and absolute certainty she achieved through the concept of a god that did the trick?

jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#131 jasonheyman
Member since 2006 • 1683 Posts

That's not quite what I had in mind, but are you saying that god couldn't do that? I mean, if he can walk his pretty ass across some water, and turn water into wine, could he not make bread fall from the sky? Do you doubt your own god's power? :?

Uh oh...you're gonna fry for that one! :lol: (Since god doesn't like to be doubted, you know....he's watching!)

Deity_Slapper

You need to read a bible better. Just what I said to you in the other thread! You have no concept of the Cross... Fyi

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 d51man
[QUOTE="_rock_"][QUOTE="d51man"]

black_cat19

How do you know it wasn't her own doing? The mind is a powerful thing, by praying to god, she was so sure, so certain beyond all doubt that she would be healed, it actually happened, how do you know it wasn't just this great hope and absolute certainty she achieved through the concept of a god that did the trick?

Broken bones don't heal overnight. :?

AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 AirGuitarist87

Deity_Slapper

No, it's evidence that you're being a douche.

You're using circular arguments for your "evidence", but refusing it against. I'm sure you've heard the tale of the man trapped in a flood, refusing a boat and helicopter rescue claiming "God will save me" only to die. When he asked God why he didn't save him God shouted "I sent a boat and a helicopter, what else did you want?".

What I'm getting from your "evidence" is that because some glowing bearded giant doesn't decend from the Heavens to deliver a banquet to these children that there is no God. Millions are spent each year on charities like Christian Aid and Oxfam to send food, water and shelter to these impoverished areas. The trouble lies elsewhere in things like corrupt rulers or constant warfare. As the bible says "Love thy neighbour".

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"]

Deity_Slapper

Ever read my sig?

Yes, I've read your sig. You make it seem like your opinion is correct, and none others matter, like yours is a fact and everyone needs to accept that. Your arrogance doesn't help you, either.

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 d51man
[QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

Deity_Slapper

You're using circular arguments for your "evidence", but refusing it against. I'm sure you've heard the tale of the man trapped in a flood, refusing a boat and helicopter rescue claiming "God will save me" only to die. When he asked God why he didn't save him God shouted "I sent a boat and a helicopter, what else did you want?".

What I'm getting from your "evidence" is that because some glowing bearded giant doesn't decend from the Heavens to deliver a banquet to these children that there is no God. Millions are spent each year on charities like Christian Aid and Oxfam to send food, water and shelter to these impoverished areas. The trouble lies elsewhere in things like corrupt rulers or constant warfare. As the bible says "Love thy neighbour".

Wah wah wah...that's all you ever do. Quit crying so much. :roll:

Why don't you love your neighbors? Am I not your neighbor in a way? If you loved me, you'd not act like a..."douche" to me. :)

And therefore you would not act like a "douche" to him.

AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 AirGuitarist87
[QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

Deity_Slapper

Wah wah wah...that's all you ever do. Quit crying so much. :roll:

Why don't you love your neighbors? Am I not your neighbor in a way? If you loved me, you'd not act like a..."douche" to me. :)

...that's your argument against me? Seriously?

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"]

d51man

Ever read my sig?

Yes, I've read your sig. You make it seem like your opinion is correct, and none others matter, like yours is a fact and everyone needs to accept that. Your arrogance doesn't help you, either.

So you've read my sig, but never the posts where I compliment people, and agree with them? I don't act like my opinion is correct, I just take a strong stance when stating my opinion. It shouldn't be that hard to understand, really. :roll:

You're really nitpicking here, trying to make me look bad, but it's not going to work, because I know myself better than you know me. I'll always have a way to prove you wrong when discussing matters that relate to myself. I can't believe you're even trying. :lol:

_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 _rock_

I never said God COULDN'T do it. I simply said that for whatever reason - he isn't. Therefore its up to us.

manicfoot
I was referring to deity_slapper.
[QUOTE="_rock_"][QUOTE="d51man"]

black_cat19

God is also powerful.
Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Deity_Slapper
...that's your argument against me? Seriously?

AirGuitarist87

Yep, seriously. All you ever do is complain; nothing really worthy of a detailed response. Sorry brother, maybe if you weren't so emo. :)

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 black_cat19
[QUOTE="black_cat19"][QUOTE="_rock_"][QUOTE="d51man"]

d51man

Broken bones don't heal overnight. :?

I know they're not SUPPOSED to, and I'm not claiming they do.

But bear with me a little, JUST for the sake of argument, how do you know a mind that's focused enough, in this case by believing in a god (we'll assume just for a second here that there's no god), can't make such a thing happen? Ever heard of monks drying up wet towels in freezing temperatures by raising their body temperature just through meditation? Alternative medicine? The power of the mind?

How are these explanations to an unmeasured, untested, unrecorded phenomena any more or less plausible than saying god answered and fixed her finger?

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"]

Deity_Slapper

Ever read my sig?

So you've read my sig, but never the posts where I compliment people, and agree with them? I don't act like my opinion is correct, I just take a strong stance when stating my opinion. It shouldn't be that hard to understand, really. :roll:

You're really nitpicking here, trying to make me look bad, but it's not going to work, because I know myself better than you know me. I'll always have a way to prove you wrong when discussing matters that relate to myself. I can't believe you're even trying. :lol:

There you go, thanks for proving my point. Like I said, your arrogance doesn't help either. I really think you should grow up, realize that there are other opinions in the world and that you need to accept them as well as yours, and also realize that your are not the most intelligent person on the planet.

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#143 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
My apologies, _rock_ :)
_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 _rock_

There you go, thanks for proving my point. Like I said, your arrogance doesn't help either. I really think you should grow up, realize that there are other opinions in the world and that you need to accept them as well as yours, and also realize that your are not the most intelligent person on the planet.

d51man
Hey he did just prove prayer dosen't work:roll:
AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 AirGuitarist87
[QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"]...that's your argument against me? Seriously?

Deity_Slapper

Yep, seriously. All you ever do is complain; nothing really worthy of a detailed response. Sorry brother, maybe if you weren't so emo. :)

Weakest. Argument. Ever.

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 d51man
[QUOTE="d51man"]

_rock_

Hey he did just prove prayer dosen't work:roll:

Oh that's right. My mistake, please forgive me. :roll:

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 black_cat19
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="d51man"]

d51man

Ever read my sig?

I'm not going to defend him against personal "attacks", that's his job, but I think he has a point here, he can prove any assumption you make about him wrong, at least in this setting, because he knows himself, while to you he's just a stranger on the internet. He didn't say he will always be right and you'll be wrong, no matter what the topic is, but rather that he'll always be right about himself.

Just pointing that bit out, now back to just contributing to the thread. :P

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Deity_Slapper

I really think you should grow up

d51man

An ironic statement, considering that this type of statement is only uttered by those who have nothing better to say...which comes from lack of experience. It's like saying, "you should respect me because I'm older than you!". It holds absolutely ZERO weight. Maybe take your own advice about the part about not being the smartest person on the planet. That's something else that I never claimed, that you attributed to me. Talk about arrogance? How about all of the baseless assumptions you've made about me?

You claim things about me in a matter-of-fact way with no evidence, only opinion, and then have the audacity to say that I'm pushing my opinions as facts? Who is the one who needs to look in the mirror? :?

Really dude, you're drowning here and you don't even know it.

AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 AirGuitarist87

You claim things about me in a matter-of-fact way with no evidence, only opinion, and then have the audacity to say that I'm pushing my opinions as facts?

Deity_Slapper

Psst! The topic title is "real evidence".

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"]...that's your argument against me? Seriously?

AirGuitarist87

Weakest. Argument. Ever.

Three words, typed as seperate sentences. With the added touch of an internet fad, I must say...I've been completely owned here... :roll:

:lol:

How is saying "Weakest. Arguement. Ever." any better of an arguement? Do you guys just like stepping into your own traps of hypocracy or what? See what I mean Domatron? Do these people deserve my manners? Aren't they analyzing everything with ego only, like I said? C'mon, you know I'm right.