The real evidence that prayer does not work.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Deity_Slapper
Member since 2008 • 2615 Posts

Hungry children in Ethiopia are still suffering.

That should be enough, but for those who can't see past their noses, allow me to explain.

Every single day, since the beginning of our awareness that there are starving children in impoverished parts of the world, good-hearted people have been praying to the lord to help these children receive the nourishment they so desperately need. How long ago was this? At least a few decades. Hell, I'll bet that even just today alone, there were probably thousands, if not tens of thousands of prayers from all over the world, that hungry children should not be hungry any longer.

What really strikes me as odd however, is why god wouldn't notice this on his own, as he actually needed people to pray to him and notify him of the problem :roll: But anyway, if he cared, he would rectify this situation immediately, right? Perhaps god will make examples out of some people, to teach others...but why innocent children? There is absolutely no justification for that. NONE.

Since starving children first came to our attention, billions of prayers have been said. Yes, billions. Easily. Yet, not even ONE was answered. I wonder why...

So not only does god not give a crap about innocent babies suffering the horrible pain of extreme malnutrition, but he obviously doesn't give a crap about the cries of his other people, the supposedly "chosen" christians, the ones who are pleading with him to send some much needed help to the hungry.

God ignores the suffering of the innocent, and ignores the prayers of the good-natured. Wow. What a swell guy. :roll:

_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 _rock_
Member since 2007 • 7071 Posts
Read the book of job....
Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts

Read the book of job...._rock_

are you saying that this is a test for everyone else, to see how good people are?

Zephgaldarien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zephgaldarien
Member since 2008 • 210 Posts
Have faith in God,...I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
It shouldn't be God's responsibility to feed them, it should be our own. I have no idea what prayers God answers, or rejects but all I know is that my prayers have been answered on multiple occassions.
Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Deity_Slapper

Read the book of job...._rock_

Why? Does god make excuses for his atrocities in the book of job? I don't want excuses anyway.

I bet you're not going hungry. How simple it is for you to brush this problem off so easily when you're not the one suffering.

Imagine yourself suffering, dying of starvation, without a speck of food in sight, and no reason for you not to have any, when wretched people in priveleged parts of the world have so much food that they end up throwing it away. How loyal to god would you remain in this situation? I doubt you'd be so loyal...

_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _rock_

[QUOTE="_rock_"]Read the book of job....Xeros606

are you saying that this is a test for everyone else, to see how good people are?

To test there faith in God maybe. God is always painting a bigger picture that we can just not understand, Your only looking at a small part of it.
Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

It shouldn't be God's responsibility to feed them, it should be our own. I have no idea what prayers God answers, or rejects but all I know is that my prayers have been answered on multiple occassions. 123625

Essentially

_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _rock_

[QUOTE="_rock_"]Read the book of job....Deity_Slapper

Why? Does god make excuses for his atrocities in the book of job? I don't want excuses anyway.

I bet you're not going hungry. How simple it is for you to brush this problem off so easily when you're not the one suffering.

Imagine yourself suffering, dying of starvation, without a speck of food in sight, and no reason for you not to have any, when wretched people in priveleged parts of the world have so much food that they end up throwing it away. How loyal to god would you remain in this situation? I doubt you'd be so loyal...

Your judging my faith over the internet?:lol:. Why don't you do something better with your time and maybe help those people instead of judging people on an internet forum And abusing God.
Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Deity_Slapper

[QUOTE="_rock_"]Read the book of job....Xeros606

Even if that's the case, to make innocent children be at the vortex of such a test, would be unforgivable.

On top of all that, "god testing us" doesn't make sense anyway.

I hear christians say quite often that a difficult situation in one's life is simply god testing them. I think to myself, "if god knows everything you're going to do already, who is the test for?"

If god already knows the outcome of any given situation, a test would be meaningless. He does not need to see how you would react, because he already would know. There's no point in god keeping track of where you succeed or fail along your journey, as all that knowledge would already be present in his all-knowing mind. Right?

When people say life is a test, what on earth are they thinking? It couldn't be a test, if it's all pre-planned. To us, maybe it isn't, but to god's mind, it is all pre-planned, or might as well be, as he has the ability to see to the end of time. Testing us would bring him no new information of any kind to his knowledge, to be used as a grading scale against us, to deem whether or not we are worthy of a spot in heaven. Since god already has all the knowledge of everything that every human will ever do in their entire life, god "testing" us becomes meaningless, and even a completely ridiculous idea.

"God is testing us", is just another invention of mankind's ego, adding to the already polluted list of things mankind has made up on the fly, simply to make excuses for the things they do not understand.

And it still doesn't solve the problem of hungry children dying every day.

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 black_cat19
Member since 2006 • 8212 Posts

Have faith in God,...I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.Zephgaldarien

Ask god to move a mountain for you, believe with all your heart it will happen, put all of your faith into your prayer. When I see in the news that a mountain somehow dissapeared and ended up in the sea, I'll believe you...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
Could you come across any less pleasant?
Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Xeros606"]

[QUOTE="_rock_"]Read the book of job...._rock_

To test there faith in God maybe. God is always painting a bigger picture that we can just not understand, Your only looking at a small part of it.

If god is painting a picture that we can't understand, then how can you even understand that he's painting a picture in the first place? :? HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?!?!

Somehow, you have obtained the knowledge that has eluded the rest of us...I see. :roll:

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 black_cat19

It shouldn't be God's responsibility to feed them, it should be our own. I have no idea what prayers God answers, or rejects but all I know is that my prayers have been answered on multiple occassions. 123625

Just because you wished for something to happen and it did does not mean god is actually there listening to you.

_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 _rock_
[QUOTE="_rock_"][QUOTE="Xeros606"]

[QUOTE="_rock_"]Read the book of job....Deity_Slapper

If god is painting a picture that we can't understand, then how can you even understand that he's painting a picture in the first place? :? HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?!?!

Somehow, you have obtained the knowledge that has eluded the rest of us...I see. :roll:

All you have to do is read the bible.

You should have the understanding of christianity before you mock it.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Deity_Slapper

Have faith in God,...I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.Zephgaldarien

You know, you basically just said this:

Not even one of those billions of people who prayed for starving children to find food, were praying with enough conviction.

You pretty much just smeared the character, and judged the intentions of billions of humans, most of whom came before you, in one neatly packaged post. Congratulations. :roll:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 123625

[QUOTE="123625"]It shouldn't be God's responsibility to feed them, it should be our own. I have no idea what prayers God answers, or rejects but all I know is that my prayers have been answered on multiple occassions. black_cat19

Just because you wished for something to happen and it did does not mean god is actually there listening to you.

I know, I'm just stating the fact...

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

_rock_

Such a convenient excuse. But excuses don't solve problems.

If you don't have the solution, why even get involved to begin with? :roll:

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
whether praying is real or not, praying isn't like wishing, there's more to prayer than just praying for something you want
Zephgaldarien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zephgaldarien

[QUOTE="Zephgaldarien"]Have faith in God,...I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.black_cat19

Ask god to move a mountain for you, believe with all your heart it will happen, put all of your faith into your prayer. When I see in the news that a mountain somehow dissapeared and ended up in the sea, I'll believe you...

Certain prayers are impossible because of that verse there. I can't pray without doubt that God will kill someone for me because I know it is against his law to kill. For this reason, if I prayed to God to move a mountain, it would be testing him, which is against his law too. If I pray for a car for myself, it would not be for his glory, but for my own, which is another example. I would pray for starving kids in Africa, but I don't have faith that they will all get fed. It would be like me praying that all of the OT community will turn christian by tomorrow,
_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 _rock_
[QUOTE="_rock_"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

Deity_Slapper

Such a convenient excuse. But excuses don't solve problems.

If you don't have the solution, why even get involved to begin with? :roll:

Wow your smart proving there is no such thing as pray on an internet forum:o You have disproven a forum of worship that has gone on since the dawn of time. I wonder why no one in man kinds history relised what you have discovered:roll:
7guns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 7guns
Member since 2006 • 1449 Posts
If you pray regularly from the depth of your heart, you are less likely to question god or religion. Prayer fortifies the mind-blocks and mind re-routers. I don't think your prayer is more appealing to god than the sufferings of those people.
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 black_cat19
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="_rock_"][QUOTE="Xeros606"]

If you're so sure god is on such a higher level we can't possibly understand him, then how can you be so sure a book that just claims to have all the answers about god is telling you the truth?

Zephgaldarien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zephgaldarien

[QUOTE="Zephgaldarien"]Have faith in God,...I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.Deity_Slapper

Not even one of those billions of people who prayed for starving children to find food, were praying with enough conviction.

You pretty much just smeared the character, and judged the intentions of billions of humans, most of whom came before you, in one neatly packaged post. Congratulations. :roll:

Not really, I just said they lacked the faith. I don't even have that much faith. If God is real and that verse is in the Bible and so many people pray for starving kids in Africa everyday. Then the only reason for the prayer not getting answered is lack of faith.
_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 _rock_
[QUOTE="_rock_"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="_rock_"][QUOTE="Xeros606"]

[QUOTE="_rock_"]Read the book of job....black_cat19

If you're so sure god is on such a higher level we can't possibly understand him, then how can you be so sure a book that just claims to have all the answers about god is telling you the truth?

...Thats where faith comes in.
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 black_cat19
[QUOTE="black_cat19"]

[QUOTE="123625"]It shouldn't be God's responsibility to feed them, it should be our own. I have no idea what prayers God answers, or rejects but all I know is that my prayers have been answered on multiple occassions. 123625

I know, I'm just stating the fact...

So you agree that it's not nesessarily true, but somehow it's still a fact? Just how does that work...? :?

Adrianstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Adrianstalker
Member since 2008 • 1467 Posts

Its a simple point, even some sort of cliche, but its still a good point. It contradicts the idea that God see and know everything

If we can assume God will be aware of our sins at any given time, we can assume God is more than aware of those children dying. The test of faith is also pointless in my view. God certainly doesnt need to test us, and if he is who they say he is, he shouldnt be testing us at all. Why God created us to simply have our admiration? I'd think God would overcome self-steam problems

Now, put in perspective that everything that is said about God and what he wants from us is created from us humans. Literally, some known all wise ass told us what god is like and they even know what he wants from us

We have put words into God's mouth...What if he doesnt want our admiration? (as in a request to go to heaven)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 123625

So you agree that it's not nesessarily true, but somehow it's still a fact? Just how does that work...? :? black_cat19

The fact is, when i have prayed to God, they have been answered. Perhaps I'm praying to nothing and its just luck, but it doesn't change the fact the prayers I have made were answered.

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 black_cat19
[QUOTE="black_cat19"]

[QUOTE="Zephgaldarien"]Have faith in God,...I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.Zephgaldarien

Certain prayers are impossible because of that verse there. I can't pray without doubt that God will kill someone for me because I know it is against his law to kill. For this reason, if I prayed to God to move a mountain, it would be testing him, which is against his law too. If I pray for a car for myself, it would not be for his glory, but for my own, which is another example. I would pray for starving kids in Africa, but I don't have faith that they will all get fed. It would be like me praying that all of the OT community will turn christian by tomorrow,

So you were speaking metaphoricaly? Ok then, so pray for something selfless, but REALLY big to happen, such as this starving kids example, I'll believe you when I see it.

And btw, it's oh so convenient for you to say, "have faith, and god will always answer a selfless prayer, this is the truth, believe me", and then go, "well I don't have much faith myself, so praying doesn't work for me, and I can't prove my point to you". :roll:

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

[QUOTE="Zephgaldarien"]Have faith in God,...I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.Zephgaldarien

Not really, I just said they lacked the faith. I don't even have that much faith. If God is real and that verse is in the Bible and so many people pray for starving kids in Africa everyday. Then the only reason for the prayer not getting answered is lack of faith.

I'm pretty sure at least a handful of people in a sea of BILLIONS would have real, unadulterated faith in god, and his supposed words. Don't you? Wow...you actually believe that not even one person in billions would have enough faith? You actually doubt your own fellow humans that much, and on that grand of a scale?

So basically, nobody has enough faith? Not enough faith to get a prayer to work, must also mean they don't have enough faith to accept Jesus as their savior, and get into heaven either. I guess heaven is going to be empty. And to think god had this plan all set for all of us to be with him some day...wow....mission failed, eh?

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Deity_Slapper

[QUOTE="black_cat19"]So you agree that it's not nesessarily true, but somehow it's still a fact? Just how does that work...? :? 123625

The fact is, when i have prayed to God, they have been answered. Perhaps I'm praying to nothing and its just luck, but it doesn't change the fact the prayers I have made were answered.

But if you prayed to nothing and it was just luck, then your prayers WERE NOT answered. See how that works?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 123625
[QUOTE="123625"]

[QUOTE="black_cat19"]So you agree that it's not nesessarily true, but somehow it's still a fact? Just how does that work...? :? Deity_Slapper

But if you prayed to nothing and it was just luck, then your prayers WERE NOT answered. See how that works?

Honestly I don't care, all I know is that whatever I asked for did come. I still considered it answered.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Deity_Slapper
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="123625"]

[QUOTE="black_cat19"]So you agree that it's not nesessarily true, but somehow it's still a fact? Just how does that work...? :? 123625

Honestly I don't care, all I know is that whatever I asked for did come. I still considered it answered.

:lol:

So now you're saying you don't care if it was god, or if you just got lucky, as long as you get what you ask for, you're satisfied. Yikes. Selfish.

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 black_cat19
[QUOTE="black_cat19"][QUOTE="_rock_"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="_rock_"][QUOTE="Xeros606"]

...Thats where faith comes in.

Faith proves nothing to those who don't have it, where's the actual evidence???

7guns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 7guns
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="123625"]

Things like these make me wana loose faith in god!:x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 123625
:lol:

So now you're saying you don't care if it was god, or if you just got lucky, as long as you get what you ask for, you're satisfied. Yikes. Selfish.

Deity_Slapper

:|

I don't care for such a minor discussion that seems relatively unimportant to me...

Zephgaldarien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zephgaldarien
[QUOTE="Zephgaldarien"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

[QUOTE="Zephgaldarien"]Have faith in God,...I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.Deity_Slapper

I'm pretty sure at least a handful of people in a sea of BILLIONS would have real, unadulterated faith in god, and his supposed words. Don't you? Wow...you actually believe that not even one person in billions would have enough faith? You actually doubt your own fellow humans that much, and on that grand of a scale?

So basically, nobody has enough faith? Not enough faith to get a prayer to work, must also mean they don't have enough faith to accept Jesus as their savior, and get into heaven either. I guess heaven is going to be empty. And to think god had this plan all set for all of us to be with him some day...wow....mission failed, eh?

Just because there are starving kids in Africa, doesn't mean everyone is going to hell. I have prayers answered all the time and I am sure many other christians do too. I don't doubt my "fellow humans" at all, the fact is that IF God is real, THEN that verse in the Bible must be TRUE and IF that verse is TRUE and there are still starving kids in Africa THEN they must be lacking faith that God will feed the starving children.

That is all I have to say on the subject, you will probably find some way to pick apart my words, but IF you can stop putting words in my mouth THEN maybe you will prove a point.

Adrianstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Adrianstalker
[QUOTE="123625"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="123625"]

[QUOTE="black_cat19"]So you agree that it's not nesessarily true, but somehow it's still a fact? Just how does that work...? :? 7guns

Dont be afraid, and step into the light, my son

black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 black_cat19
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]:lol:

I don't care for such a minor discussion that seems relatively unimportant to me...

You should at least be humble enough to admit you made a mistake. If god exists, then you can say your prayers might have been answered, but if he doesn't, which you acknowledge as a possibility, then you just wished for something and it happened, maybe it was luck, maybe you made it happen yourself, but you can't say it was answered anyway, because there's NO ONE there to answer in the first place. Don't be stubborn. ;)

7guns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 7guns
[QUOTE="7guns"][QUOTE="123625"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="123625"]

[QUOTE="black_cat19"]So you agree that it's not nesessarily true, but somehow it's still a fact? Just how does that work...? :? Adrianstalker

TOO LATE!!! I already have:D

Adrianstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Adrianstalker
[QUOTE="Adrianstalker"][QUOTE="7guns"][QUOTE="123625"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="123625"]

[QUOTE="black_cat19"]So you agree that it's not nesessarily true, but somehow it's still a fact? Just how does that work...? :? 7guns

TOO LATE!!! I already have:D

Lost faith in God? Well, congrats then!

Thats what I meant, the light is to perceive that no human have the authorithy to speak for a divine being

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 123625
[QUOTE="123625"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]:lol:

black_cat19

You should at least be humble enough to admit you made a mistake. If god exists, then you can say your prayers might have been answered, but if he doesn't, which you acknowledge as a possibility, then you just wished for something and it happened, maybe it was luck, maybe you made it happen yourself, but you can't say it was answered anyway, because there's NO ONE there to answer in the first place. Don't be stubborn. ;)

Perhaps, but for me who made the prayer and had it answered by either God or nothing, it still feels like it was answered. But this seems like such a minor thing in the topic, and i'm not entirely sure. But for the sake of ending this sub argument, I will say I was wrong.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Deity_Slapper

Just because there are starving kids in Africa, doesn't mean everyone is going to hell. I have prayers answered all the time and I am sure many other christians do too.

Zephgaldarien

So god answers your petty prayers, but not the prayers of those who ask for children to not suffer any longer? I gotta wonder about god's priorities.

It makes me think of the time when a guest at my hotel lost her keys, started praying to god, and she eventually found them...IN HER PURSE! She adamantly claimed that god helped her find her keys, as he helps her with so many things like that all the time. I was just like... :| ...you gotta be kidding. God helps you find your keys, but won't stop a innocent kid from going hungry...

Again, your god has his priorities all ****ed up.

Why do athletes always say, "I thank god for making that basket go in"...? I'm thinking, so god likes your team better than the other team? A god that supposedly loves equally? :? God cares about petty crap like sports, when innocent babies are dying of starvation on the other side of the planet? Who is this god?!?! What a creep!

Adrianstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Adrianstalker
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="Zephgaldarien"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

Just because there are starving kids in Africa, doesn't mean everyone is going to hell. I have prayers answered all the time and I am sure many other christians do too. I don't doubt my "fellow humans" at all, the fact is that IF God is real, THEN that verse in the Bible must be TRUE and IF that verse is TRUE and there are still starving kids in Africa THEN they must be lacking faith that God will feed the starving children.

That is all I have to say on the subject, you will probably find some way to pick apart my words, but IF you can stop putting words in my mouth THEN maybe you will prove a point.

When the 9/11 hapenned a lot of muslin fanatics believe wholeheartly that THEIR prayers have been aswered. Your prayers is just as pointless as something absurd as that one. Nothing but a reflection of the egocentric human mind

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Deity_Slapper

Certain prayers are impossible Zephgaldarien

Well, that kind of kills the promise that you posted earlier, stating that, if one has faith, it will be done. :roll:

Zephgaldarien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Zephgaldarien
[QUOTE="Zephgaldarien"][QUOTE="black_cat19"]

[QUOTE="Zephgaldarien"]Have faith in God,...I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.black_cat19

So you were speaking metaphoricaly? Ok then, so pray for something selfless, but REALLY big to happen, such as this starving kids example, I'll believe you when I see it.

And btw, it's oh so convenient for you to say, "have faith, and god will always answer a selfless prayer, this is the truth, believe me", and then go, "well I don't have much faith myself, so praying doesn't work for me, and I can't prove my point to you". :roll:

Praying for things that are selfless is just one example I had stated. If you didn't notice I stated several. If I prayed for something just to prove you wrong, it would be against God's law. I pray for simple things all the time that come true.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 123625

[QUOTE="Zephgaldarien"]Just because there are starving kids in Africa, doesn't mean everyone is going to hell. I have prayers answered all the time and I am sure many other christians do too.

Deity_Slapper

So god answers your petty prayers, but not the prayers of those who ask for children to not suffer any longer? I gotta wonder about god's priorities.

It makes me think of the time when a guest at my hotel lost her keys, started praying to god, and she eventually found them...IN HER PURSE! She adamantly claimed that god helped her find her keys, as he helps her with so many things like that all the time. I was just like... :| ...you gotta be kidding. God helps you find your keys, but won't stop a innocent kid from going hungry...

Again, your god has his priorities all ****ed up.

Why do athletes always say, "I thank god for making that basket go in"...? I'm thinking, so god likes your team better than the other team? A god that supposedly loves equally? :? God cares about petty crap like sports, when innocent babies are dying of starvation on the other side of the planet? Who is this god?!?! What a creep!

You seem overly hostile tonight.

MFaraz_Hayat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MFaraz_Hayat
Member since 2006 • 1794 Posts

The assumption here is that, this life is all the matters. If you actually follow a religion, it tells us that this life is basically a test and the eternal life starts after this. So even if people are dying due to starvation, possibly they will be rewarded for this in hereafter. Plus, this may even be a test for rich people that whether they are giving charity or not.

P.S. You may argue, that in this post I speak as if religion is truth and God exists (whereas you don't believe in it). However, in your original post you asked that "how can God not do anything or answer prayersof people", so I had to answer in this manner.