The Dark Knight Rises! Box Office update, 160 million opening weekend!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1701 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

If it's any consolation, a lot of theaters here try to pass off a slightly bigger screen as the genuine thing.

TheFallenDemon

Yeah, I didn't learn until recently that there actually aren't that many true IMAX theatres in the US. A fair number of theatres claim that they have IMAX screens when they're merely larger than usual screens. I'm lucky that the theatre close to me is a true IMAX screen. I never noticed it, but it's true that people are very quiet throughout an IMAX screening, at least in my experience. Maybe everyone's too drawn into the movie, or maybe everyone realizes that they're paying such a significant premium lol.

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1702 brucewayne69
Member since 2012 • 2864 Posts

If it's any consolation, a lot of theaters here try to pass off a slightly bigger screen as the genuine thing.

TheFallenDemon

Seriously that pisses me off. Their "imax" screen should be the normal screen!

And the only imax theatre in my area only shows those gimmicky movies.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1703 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

CJL182

Yeah, I didn't learn until recently that there actually aren't that many true IMAX theatres in the US. A fair number of theatres claim that they have IMAX screens when they're merely larger than usual screens. I'm lucky that the theatre close to me is a true IMAX screen. I never noticed it, but it's true that people are very quiet throughout an IMAX screening, at least in my experience. Maybe everyone's too drawn into the movie, or maybe everyone realizes that they're paying such a significant premium lol.

I think it may be both. TDKR was the first movie I saw in IMAX, and it was a great experience, both in terms of quality, and the way that audiences present themselves there. My wife and I decided that the next time there's a movie that we're both interested in seeing, we're going back there if the movie's playing.
smokingsbad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1704 smokingsbad
Member since 2004 • 38455 Posts

Kinda off topic, but I had to post this somehwere.

Its crazy how similar his voice is to Heath's Joker. http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLC87893CD5E3FE452&v=gCSc6E4yG9s&feature=player_detailpage#t=93s

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1705 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Its crazy how similar his voice is to Heath's Joker. http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLC87893CD5E3FE452&v=gCSc6E4yG9s&feature=player_detailpage#t=93s

smokingsbad

He's also a pretty good singer. Surprised about his voice though. I miss Heath Ledger though. If he were still alive, there could have been a judge Joker instead of a Judge Scarecrow. Now that would be humorous.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1706 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

[QUOTE="smokingsbad"]

leviathan91

He's also a pretty singer. Surprised about his voice though. I miss Heath Ledger though. If he were still alive, there could have been a judge Joker instead of a Judge Scarecrow. Now that would be humorous.

might have been like that episode of TAS when the villains held a trial for Batman.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#1707 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

smokingsbad

Lol, sounds just like him, and the comments made me laugh.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1708 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

[QUOTE="CJL182"]

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

Hallenbeck77

I think it may be both. TDKR was the first movie I saw in IMAX, and it was a great experience, both in terms of quality, and the way that audiences present themselves there. My wife and I decided that the next time there's a movie that we're both interested in seeing, we're going back there if the movie's playing.

The first movie I saw in IMAX was March of the Penguins. I saw it inside of the United Nations headquarters in Manhattan, New York, on a high school field trip. It was incredible. Since then, I've only seen movies on "bootleg" IMAX. However, I don't mind because "bootleg" IMAX is awesome.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1709 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

[QUOTE="smokingsbad"]

leviathan91

He's also a pretty good singer. Surprised about his voice though. I miss Heath Ledger though. If he were still alive, there could have been a judge Joker instead of a Judge Scarecrow. Now that would be humorous.

Forget Joker. Forget Scarecrow. We should've had... Judge Two-Face!
Nolan really botched a good character cameo by having him permanently killed off.

I mean, he even says "And the verdict is death!" in one of Arkham City's game over screens.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1710 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

[QUOTE="smokingsbad"]

TheFallenDemon

Forget Joker. Forget Scarecrow. We should've had... Judge Two-Face!
Nolan really botched a good character cameo by having him permanently killed off.

I mean, he even says "And the verdict is death!" in one of Arkham City's game over screens.

I feel that if Leger were still alive, The Joker would've had a bigger role then the court.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1711 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
What is "bootleg" IMAX?
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1712 TheFallenDemon

What is "bootleg" IMAX?Travo_basic

to put simply, IMAX has a smaller digital equivalent that most theaters advertise as the genuine thing.
Compare-imax-image.jpg

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1713 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Loved it, but looking at the imdb boards, the fanboys are worse than Twilight fans and Beliebers.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1714 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Just saw it today and man, what a great movie.

The acting was amazing, both Bane and Selina (yeah, Selina, i mean she was never called catwoman in the movie :P ) were amazingly played, i like how Selina has that elegant look, she is beautiful, elegant, sexy and charming, she was a great character.

Bane wasn't bad at all, but what can i say, i'm such a Joker fanboy, however i loved the touch on his voice, he looked threatening and sounded twisted, no doubt a great villian.

The plot was pretty good too, even if at the beginning there was a lot of fanservice and some scenes were pretty corny, it got so much better towards the end and while the action scenes weren't as great (IMO) as in TDK, they were still pretty enjoyable, also the twist reveal was pretty cool and most comic fans will say...of course!

And the ending, boy what a great ending, it was perfect, plain and simple, perfect, i couldn't choose a better ending fot this trilogy.

Overall the movie is worth every penny you spend in the teather. Is it better than TDK? for me, No, but by a very small margin and yes, the Joker plays a huge rol on this decision. Is it better than The Amazing Spider-Man? Yes, and i liked Spider Man a lot. Is it better than The Avengers...Yes, of course it is, but again, by a very small margin.

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1715 CJL182

I watched it for the 2nd time today, and for whatever reason it was the only film of the trilogy that I actually enjoyed more the second time. My friends seemed to like it a lot. If I can get another group of friends to go, I'll go see it again.

skingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1717 skingus
Member since 2006 • 2370 Posts
So, can someone please explain the Catwoman kidnapping the senator? How did she get him to accompany her to the bar? Did he even know that he was considered missing?
skingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1718 skingus
So, can someone please explain the Catwoman kidnapping the senator? How did she get him to accompany her to the bar? Did he even know that he was considered missing?
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1719 leviathan91

So, can someone please explain the Catwoman kidnapping the senator? How did she get him to accompany her to the bar? Did he even know that he was considered missing?skingus

Actually you have a point. I've always wondered how Catwoman got the congressman to come inside the bar. By the looks of it, he seemed drunk.

Truf89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1720 Truf89
Member since 2006 • 4680 Posts
I just saw it yesterday. Loved every second of it. Bane was a great. I'm know the Joker was good and all, but he's not the only Batman villain out there. Cant wait for it to come out on Blu-Ray.
skingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1721 skingus
skingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1722 skingus
Can someone please explain how catwoman kidnapped the senator? Did he even know that the police considered him missing? Why would he just go willingly to the bar with her?
Warhawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1723 Warhawk_
Member since 2006 • 1497 Posts

I just saw it and I thought it was a great film. But here are some of my problems with it though. While I liked Bane I still felt that he sounded silly at times, but a good villain still. Also am I the only one who didn't like Marion Cotillard in this at all? I felt that her acting wasn't great and didn't like her character Miranda at all. They could remove her from the film and I wouldn't care one bit. And finally the film felt very boring at the beginning but later becomes very good after that. But at the end I felt that the Dark Knight was better then Rises was.

Heath Ledger's Joker is still the best villain and I felt that he was perfect from start to finish. Sorry but Bane could never be as good as the Joker was but at least he was way better then the Scarecrow or Ra's al Ghul which I'm sorry I never liked them at all from Batman Begins. And I liked the story and pacing a bit better as well in TDK then TDKR. I wished they would of explained what had happen to the Joker in Rises. Yes I know Nolan wanted to respect Heath Ledger but come on at least tell us if he died or still alive. They didn't have to show stock footage of Heath Ledger or anything but just tell us what happened to him. But overall it was still a entertaining film.

Warhawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1724 Warhawk_

I just saw it and I thought it was a great film. But here are some of my problems with it though. While I liked Bane I still felt that he sounded silly at times, but a good villain still. Also am I the only one who didn't like Marion Cotillard in this at all? I felt that her acting wasn't great and didn't like her character Miranda at all. They could remove her from the film and I wouldn't care one bit. And finally the film felt very boring at the beginning but later becomes very good after that. But at the end I felt that the Dark Knight was better then Rises was.

Heath Ledger's Joker is still the best villain and I felt that he was perfect from start to finish. Sorry but Bane could never be as good as the Joker was but at least he was way better then the Scarecrow or Ra's al Ghul which I'm sorry I never liked them at all from Batman Begins. And I liked the story and pacing a bit better as well in TDK then TDKR. I wished they would of explained what had happen to the Joker in Rises. Yes I know Nolan wanted to respect Heath Ledger but come on at least tell us if he died or still alive. They didn't have to show stock footage of Heath Ledger or anything but just tell us what happened to him. But overall it was still a entertaining film.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1725 one_plum

Warhawk_

I liked Bane better than Joker. The Joker even with all his mind games never really broke Batman physically and mentally to the point Bane did. This made Batman's triumph at the end more satisfying.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1726 mitu123

[QUOTE="Warhawk_"]

one_plum

I liked Bane better than Joker. The Joker even with all his mind games never really broke Batman physically and mentally to the point Bane did. This made Batman's triumph at the end more satisfying.

I agree with this 100%.

Warhawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1727 Warhawk_

[QUOTE="Warhawk_"]

one_plum

While seeing Bane defeating Batman in their first fight was very interesting, I felt that Hardy didn't quite make his character perfect at times while Ledger's Joker was perfect in the entire TDK movie. Plus the whole twist part that was close to the end of the film kind of ruined the Bane character as well while nothing was ruined of the Joker character. But ether way they are both great villains and I liked them better then the Scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul, and yes even Two-Face but I still liked the Joker a bit more then Bane.

dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1728 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

Dane Cook says TDKR is crap and jokes about the Colorado shooting...

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/27/dane-cook-jokes-about-theater-shooting/#ixzz21wesTKoY

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1729 mitu123

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/27/dane-cook-jokes-about-theater-shooting/#ixzz21wesTKoY

dominer

It's Dane Cook...enough said.:P

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1730 leviathan91

dominer

Batman and Robin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dane Cook.

skingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1731 skingus
Can someone please explain how catwoman kidnapped the senator? Did he even know that the police considered him missing? Why would he just go willingly to the bar with her?
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1732 leviathan91

Can someone please explain how catwoman kidnapped the senator? Did he even know that the police considered him missing? Why would he just go willingly to the bar with her?skingus

I hope you're just glitching. I've already answered your question and you can look it up on the internet. No need to quadruple post your question.

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1733 CJL182

leviathan91

Agreed. It may be for all the wrong reasons, but at least Batman and Robin is funny.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1734 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
Watched it again today and enjoyed it even more the third time :D Goddamn Bane had all the best lines! Now I also caught on to all the small details that I missed earlier, like Blake throwing his badge over the bridge showing he is done with the so-called Police justice, ready to take on a new cause. Good thing Bruce is also done being Batman and ready to hand the symbol to someone worthy. Blake had a great character arc and he definitely embodies everything Batman stands for. I feel the title more than Bruce overcoming the odds it's about that final scene where Blake is ascending in the cave; The Dark Knight Rises.
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1735 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
My only gripe with the movie is how Blake became Batman in the end. He has no training whatsoever in this universe with ninjastu, technology, or even acrobatics. Robin should have some training before taking the mantle.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1736 TheFallenDemon

My only gripe with the movie is how Blake became Batman in the end. He has no training whatsoever in this universe with ninjastu, technology, or even acrobatics. Robin should have some training before taking the mantle. bobaban

I assume that Bruce left him something like a training program in the Batcave.

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1737 brucewayne69

[QUOTE="bobaban"]My only gripe with the movie is how Blake became Batman in the end. He has no training whatsoever in this universe with ninjastu, technology, or even acrobatics. Robin should have some training before taking the mantle. TheFallenDemon

I assume that Bruce left him something like a training program in the Batcave.

Seems like a silly complaint. Did we see him in the batsuit? Did we see him even seeing the batsuit? No. I think Bruce probably left him instructions on how to train and who to get to train him. Hell he might not even be Batman

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1738 one_plum

In the stock excchange scene, how did the police chase suddenly went from day to night?

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1739 leviathan91

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

CJL182

Agreed. It may be for all the wrong reasons, but at least Batman and Robin is funny.

tumblr_m412vhSLgK1qh6tudo9_r1_400.gif

Terrible movie but that scene gets me all the time. :lol:

Also, I like to rev up that Harley. :P

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1740 Travo_basic

In the stock excchange scene, how did the police chase suddenly went from day to night?

one_plum
It was probably close to evening when it started and the chase took a while.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1741 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
My only real gripe is the movie went helterskelter the second half and really suffered like LOTR Return of the King.. Where we are getting all these numerous plots going on all at once.. I honestly thought it would have been cool when Batman was broken and thrown into prison.. That Gothem went dark for the viewer and the only thing they got from it was through Bruce's perception through the tv.. I really thought the movie would have been more powerful if it focused more on Batman's rise.. Kinda of like how he developed as a character in the beginning of Batman Begins again.. I honestly thought also Bane and Batman should have had more face time in the conflict, it felt alot like Bane was the mirror image of Bruce of what he became if he had followed the league of shadows..
Shadow4020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1742 Shadow4020
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts

[spoiler] I'm hoping Robin gets a spin-off, but I'm not holding my breath. I thought the cafe scene at the end could have been better, like if Alfred had just smiled at the camera, hinting that Wayne was there; subtle is always better.

I was disappointed with Bane, because I could barely understand what he was saying most of the time. [/spoiler]

For the most part it was great film. I only wish it was continuing, because I'm tired of seeing comic heroes rebooted from the beginning over and over.

ujjval16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1743 ujjval16
Member since 2008 • 1669 Posts
I saw it again yesterday and I'm still thinking about who was better, Ledger as Joker or Hardy as Bane.
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1744 Travo_basic
I saw it again yesterday and I'm still thinking about who was better, Ledger as Joker or Hardy as Bane. ujjval16
Ledger, but he obviously could do more wit theJoker than Hardy could do with Bane.
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1745 BluRayHiDef

I don't think this is going to break the 1 Billion dollar mark, like TDK did. In fact, I'm wondering if it'll break the hafl billion dollar mark. Damn.

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1746 brucewayne69

I don't think this is going to break the 1 Billion dollar mark, like TDK did. In fact, I'm wondering if it'll break the hafl billion dollar mark. Damn.

BluRayHiDef

Theres no way in hell this won't break the 1 billion dollar mark. Everyone loved TDK, who wouldn't see the eipic finale? It has good reviews, and is beating TDK at the moment. ???

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1747 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

brucewayne69

Theres no way in hell this won't break the 1 billion dollar mark. Everyone loved TDK, who wouldn't see the eipic finale? It has good reviews, and is beating TDK at the moment. ???

It's just that when I think of the fact that Avengers broke the One Billion Dollar mark in ten days, my hope dwindles. TDK has been out for ten days now and it's nowhere near the One Billion Dollar mark.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1748 TheFallenDemon

So I was thinking that the uber $200 collector's trilogy set should be something like this:

-All three films on Blu-ray + DVD
-Apprx 20 hours of special features, interviews, and commentary
-Replica Batarangs, Joker cards, Two-Face Coin
-Replica Bane mask, Scarecrow mask, and Catwoman goggles
-The animated Batman Year One movie, plus part one of The Dark Knight Returns animated.
-The Batman: Gotham Knight animatrix style thingy, just because it was advertised as set between Begins and TDK.
-Episodes of the Batman: Animated Series.
-Models of the Bat, Tumbler, and Batpod.
-Figurines of all your favorite characters
-Codes for downloading the Batsuits from Begins and TDK for use in Arkham City.
-Copies of the comics that inspired elements in the movies. I'm not sure whether the books should be hard copies or digital.

What do you think?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1749 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
[QUOTE="one_plum"]

Travo_basic
It was probably close to evening when it started and the chase took a while.

It took 8 minutes according to the timer on the computer. And it was mid day when the scene started because the two guys mentioned lunch break while getting shoe shines. Huge continuity error that happens a second time in the finale. Batman mentions to Selina Kyle that the bomb goes off in 45 mintues while it is still night. The entire finale takes place in Mid Day. It was better than I expected, but pretty sloppy continuity and plot hole wise. It's by far the worst of the three Nolan movies, and I'd put it behind Batman 89 and Batman Returns. It beat the piss out of that horrendous New Spider-Man movie though.
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1750 Travo_basic

BluRayHiDef
It's already made 536 million worldwide.