The Dark Knight Rises! Box Office update, 160 million opening weekend!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

theSteeeeels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1601 theSteeeeels
Member since 2011 • 520 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="theSteeeeels"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Batma won't use a gun. It's simple, he will never use a gun. [spoiler] As for using gadgets, he tried earlier. When it was clear that he couldn't defeat Bane in a fistfight, he did try using his gadgets. They didn't work.

no, he will never kill. he can still use something to harm and paralyse his oppenent (e.g. a shot to the leg) and didnt he use ONE gadget? like some little smoke bombs thing? (i genuinely cant remember).... batmans got a billions of dollars worth of gadgets.... even use a damn net or something.... anything but your damn fists!?!?!!![/SPOILERS]

He tried a few. He tried using smoke bombs, then he tried disabling all the lights. None of them worked. As for paralyzing his opponent, he tried that too. He tried breaking Bane's mask, the only way he could- by getting up close and punching it. Shooting at it from a distance with that many cops and Bane's thugs in the way would have been fatal, he would never have managed to hit him at all in that mess.

so batman, the dude with specially made bike and batplanes and superhuman suits gives up on gadgets after failing with a smoke bomb and a thing that turns off lights lol..... that is such bad writing.... they just wanted to have batman fight someone because they know if they made anything logical at all then batman would just use his plane to pick him and fly him away or something and there'd be no mellow dramatic 'good guy-bad guy' closure..... that is so poor
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1602 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="theSteeeeels"] no, he will never kill. he can still use something to harm and paralyse his oppenent (e.g. a shot to the leg) and didnt he use ONE gadget? like some little smoke bombs thing? (i genuinely cant remember).... batmans got a billions of dollars worth of gadgets.... even use a damn net or something.... anything but your damn fists!?!?!!![/SPOILERS]

Have you not seen the previous films? he never uses guns, specifically says that in this one. Also, his assortment of gadgets in this trilogy isn't as "vast" as say the comic books, not to mention when he came back he only had what was in his old Batcave, and not access to everything he had before.

Not even the Batcave, just the temporary underground Bat-basement he had in the Dark Knight (that was presumably emptied when he moved all the stuff back to the Batcave, which he couln't visit because of Bane). All he had was that one Batsuit, and the Batplane.

Yeah that is what I meant, so not like he had access to a bunch of random gadgets. Just what ever he had there, which was probably a minimal supply because it seemed more of just a back up suit, and Lucius Fox and all this goodies were taken by Bane.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#1603 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="MacBoomStick"] Maybe you missed it but Miranda told Gordon to mark the wrong truck the the GPS tracker.Travo_basic
Which could have been an honest mistake, especially for someone who had just decided to volunteer that morning.

Gordon is probably smarter than that.

Eh, I still found it to be uncharacteristically... shall I say overlooked? The movie had tons of small flaws like that. None of them detract from the experience one bit (even The Dark Knight had those), but they were there, and they're fun to discuss :P
theSteeeeels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1604 theSteeeeels
[QUOTE="theSteeeeels"]

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]It isn't the first nor the last film to have character's do things for the sake of their progression. Bane's biggest advantage was his strength and the one thing that held Batman/Wayne back throughout the film was his age and physical weakness. After already being beaten to hell once by Bane, trying to use gadgets and failing, in order for him to truly 'beat' Bane was with a 'round 2' or sorts, to show he could take on Bane one on one, and to overcome where he once failed. Not very hard to accept really. Not to mention, one way to defeat Bane (without killing him which Batman tries to avoid) is to go for the mask, and how lame would it have been for him to sit back and try hitting him in the face with something? Makes no sense for him to do that. He had to get close to hit it.SaintLeonidas

so basically batman wans to overcome his own shortcomings first, and save the city from nuclear explosion second

...he can do both at the same time, because defeating Bane meant saving Gotham (at the time he had no idea about Talia).

yes, but getting into a fist fight is 100 riskier than any other method.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1605 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="theSteeeeels"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="theSteeeeels"] no, he will never kill. he can still use something to harm and paralyse his oppenent (e.g. a shot to the leg) and didnt he use ONE gadget? like some little smoke bombs thing? (i genuinely cant remember).... batmans got a billions of dollars worth of gadgets.... even use a damn net or something.... anything but your damn fists!?!?!!![/SPOILERS]

He tried a few. He tried using smoke bombs, then he tried disabling all the lights. None of them worked. As for paralyzing his opponent, he tried that too. He tried breaking Bane's mask, the only way he could- by getting up close and punching it. Shooting at it from a distance with that many cops and Bane's thugs in the way would have been fatal, he would never have managed to hit him at all in that mess.

so batman, the dude with specially made bike and batplanes and superhuman suits gives up on gadgets after failing with a smoke bomb and a thing that turns off lights lol..... that is such bad writing.... they just wanted to have batman fight someone because they know if they made anything logical at all then batman would just use his plane to pick him and fly him away or something and there'd be no mellow dramatic 'good guy-bad guy' closure..... that is so poor

He couldn't have used any gadget even if he wanted to: he didn't have access to his Batcave, or to Lucius Fox's armory, all he had was one Batsuit in the Batbasement, and whatever was on it, and a Batplane and a Batpod. That was it.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1606 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="theSteeeeels"] so basically batman wans to overcome his own shortcomings first, and save the city from nuclear explosion secondtheSteeeeels
...he can do both at the same time, because defeating Bane meant saving Gotham (at the time he had no idea about Talia).

Again, other methods? He didn't have access to all his gadgets, as I just mentioned above. He doesn't use guns. Fighting Bane one on one isn't far fetched or an issue, it works in the story, for what he had to do, and for the character. Unless you've never seen another film in your life, this is nothing new.
theSteeeeels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1607 theSteeeeels
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="theSteeeeels"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"] ...he can do both at the same time, because defeating Bane meant saving Gotham (at the time he had no idea about Talia).

Again, other methods? He didn't have access to all his gadgets, as I just mentioned above. He doesn't use guns. Fighting Bane one on one isn't far fetched or an issue, it works in the story, for what he had to do, and for the character. Unless you've never seen another film in your life, this is nothing new.

its nothing new. non eof the cliches used were anything new. thats the point. why are people so in love with this movie when this crap has been done to death for years now in every average popcorn flick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1608 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="theSteeeeels"] yes, but getting into a fist fight is 100 riskier than any other method. theSteeeeels

its nothing new. non eof the cliches used were anything new. thats the point. why are people so in love with this movie when this crap has been done to death for years now in every average popcorn flick

Because every single movie ever made, every story ever told, is just a 'collection of cliches.' Did you like The King's Speech? Welp, too bad, it's a typical underdog/mentor story. Liked Extremely Loud/Incredibly Close? Why, it was just your average 'wayward child finds way after tragey strikes family.' Or hey, what about Slumdog Millionaire, did you like that? It is literally a collection of one cliche being marched after the next, from start to end. Every story that can be told has been told. At this point, it isn't about the story- every movie has cliches. At this point, it's about how the cliches are utilized, how the story is told.

With an attitude such as yours, you must find it very hard to enjoy movies in general.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1609 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="theSteeeeels"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="theSteeeeels"] yes, but getting into a fist fight is 100 riskier than any other method.

LMAO, "cliches" can be found in every film. Their presences does not automatically make something bad. If they are handled well and fit the story, which is the case here given all the reasons I already supplied, then it doesn't matter if it isn't "new/unique" or what have you. In the context of this film, this story and these characters it works, which is all that matters.
theSteeeeels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1610 theSteeeeels
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="theSteeeeels"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"] Again, other methods? He didn't have access to all his gadgets, as I just mentioned above. He doesn't use guns. Fighting Bane one on one isn't far fetched or an issue, it works in the story, for what he had to do, and for the character. Unless you've never seen another film in your life, this is nothing new.

Because every single movie ever made, every story ever told, is just a 'collection of cliches.' Did you like The King's Speech? Welp, too bad, it's a typical underdog/mentor story. Liked Incredibly Loud/Extremely Close? Why, it was just your average 'wayward child finds way after tragey strikes family.' Or hey, what about Slumdog Millionaire, did you like that? It is literally a collection of one cliche being marched after the next, from start to end. Every story that can be told has been told. At this point, it isn't about the story- every movie has cliches. At this point, it's about how the cliches are utilized, how the story is told. With an attitude such as yours, you must find it very hard to enjoy movies in general.

from those i have only seen Slumdog... and yes that was full of cliches you are correct though, it is about how they are handled. but DKR handled them like every other movie... trying to force your emotions (cheesy one liners... that girls dying speech)..... trying to make twists which are actually soooo predictable (bomb not going off, batman making the jump, cat woman coming back). pathetic and no, i enjoy a lot of movies. im a big movie fan. but i like movies which treat its viewers with intelligence, this is your run of the average cinema flick but somehow is getting a world of praise... its pathetic.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1612 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
I think negative opinions of this movie can be summarized thusly; The Dark Knight was an incredibly smart, deep, enjoyable movie. The Dark Knight rises is an incredibly loud, dumb, shallow and enjoyable movie.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1613 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]I think negative opinions of this movie can be summarized thusly; The Dark Knight was an incredibly smart, deep, enjoyable movie. The Dark Knight rises is an incredibly loud, dumb, shallow and enjoyable movie.

...I really can not take anyone seriously if they think 'The Dark Knight' was any less convoluted or filled with any less plot holes as this.
theSteeeeels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1614 theSteeeeels
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="theSteeeeels"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]^ Check the poll. Do you thinbk that people here thought it sucked? Being cliche isn't necessarily a bad thing. How you use those cliches defines if your story will be worth it or not, and Nolan used his cliches really well.

apparently not! tell me, do you think the examples in my post where handled well?

The movie didn't suck. It was a fine movie. But everything you said was correct, and that's what brought it down. The writing was all over the place, there were a fair few moments which were just dumb and thoughtless, and the whole thing was just kind of a mess, albeit not so much to make it unenjoyable because the direction is so good and we're invested in it from the previous two movies. It could have done with a script re-write. I'm surprised they read that script and didn't take a cleaver to it to make it way less convoluted and all over the place.

i think they just wanted this film as viewer-friendly as possible, seeing as its the trilogy. they didnt want to make a good movie, just one full of cliches that are used in every blockbuster.... which is enough to satisfy your casual viewer there were things like this in TDK, though nowhere close to the scale of this film...e.g. the kid at the end, the boat sequence, a guard standing INSIDE a cell with the joker.... there were some stupid things in that film but nowhere near as bad at this one.... TDKR was full of crappy stuff.... i'd give TDK 7/10 and TDKR 3/10
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1615 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]I think negative opinions of this movie can be summarized thusly; The Dark Knight was an incredibly smart, deep, enjoyable movie. The Dark Knight rises is an incredibly loud, dumb, shallow and enjoyable movie.

...I really can not take anyone seriously if they think 'The Dark Knight' was any less convoluted or filled with any less plot holes as this.

The Dark Knight is about two personalities; Bruce Wayne and the Joker. They engage each other, they attempt to thwart each other, they're compelled by each other, they test each other. The whole movie is just watching the two of them be who they are and it's gripping. The Dark Knight Rises is about nuclear bombs and jet planes and explosions and batman leading a battle charge full of cops. You don't have to argue with everyone who had a different feeling leaving the cinema to you.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1616 SaintLeonidas

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]I think negative opinions of this movie can be summarized thusly; The Dark Knight was an incredibly smart, deep, enjoyable movie. The Dark Knight rises is an incredibly loud, dumb, shallow and enjoyable movie. Ninja-Hippo

The Dark Knight is about two personalities; Bruce Wayne and the Joker. They engage each other, they attempt to thwart each other, they're compelled by each other, they test each other. The whole movie is just watching the two of them be who they are and it's gripping. The Dark Knight Rises is about nuclear bombs and jet planes and explosions and batman leading a battle charge full of cops. You don't have to argue with everyone who had a different feeling leaving the cinema to you.

TDK was not just Batman vs. Joker. It had Two Face, bombs on boats, assassination, etc. Yeah the main focus was those two but there was a lot going on around them. Same with TDKR. The very core was Bruce overcoming pain, age and rising from his lowest point to bring down Bane and the league, and around them were the same sort of crazy plot devices, bombs, etc. Both plots are rather convoluted. Both have plot holes. Nothing the Joker does in TDK makes any sense really. How does he get away in a school bus in the beginning? How does he plan it just in time to get in line with the other buses? How does NO ONE see that? How the hell was getting capture part of the plan if he didn't know Gordon was alive to capture him? How did he survive the station blowing up when every other cop was knocked out? How did he get all the bombs on the boats? How the hell did those boats with all those people get off the dock without inspecting one floor down and seeing all the explosives? How did Batman get to China with all this gear, hire some plane to pick him and the prisoner up and then manage to get back into the country with a prisoner? One could go on and on. Has nothing to do with arguing with anyone with a different feeling. The fact is both had major issues, and I can not take anyone seriously if they can so easily over look those issue in one film (TDK) but then when it comes to another film (TDKR) all the sudden they matter.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1617 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
One thing that bothers me about TDK, did Batman kill the two guys when he rammed the tumbler into the garbage truck?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#1618 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"] ...I really can not take anyone seriously if they think 'The Dark Knight' was any less convoluted or filled with any less plot holes as this. SaintLeonidas

TDK was not just Batman vs. Joker. It had Two Face, bombs on boats, assassination, etc. Yeah the main focus was those two but there was a lot going on around them. Same with TDKR. The very core was Bruce overcoming pain, age and rising from his lowest point to bring down Bane and the league, and around them were the same sort of crazy plot devices, bombs, etc. Both plots are rather convoluted. Both have plot holes. Nothing the Joker does in TDK makes any sense really. How does he get away in a school bus in the beginning? How does he plan it just in time to get in line with the other buses? How does NO ONE see that? How the hell was getting capture part of the plan if he didn't know Gordon was alive to capture him? How did he survive the station blowing up when every other cop was knocked out? How did he get all the bombs on the boats? How the hell did those boats with all those people get off the dock without inspecting one floor down and seeing all the explosives? How did Batman get to China with all this gear, hire some plane to pick him and the prisoner up and then manage to get back into the country with a prisoner? One could go on and on. Has nothing to do with arguing with anyone with a different feeling. The fact is both had major issues, and I can not take anyone seriously if they can so easily over look those issue in one film (TDK) but then when it comes to another film (TDKR) all the sudden they matter.

Damn, my mind is blown.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1619 Ninja-Hippo

SaintLeonidas
Not a single thing you mentioned there is anything outside of typical movie fanfare. 'How did he get the bombs on the boats?' He had goons to do it. Who knows. He bribed someone who works for the boat company. Who knows. It doesn't matter. To explain all that would detract from the film. How did batman get a plane to pick him up in China? He's a billionaire who owns his own defense company, having a plane come pick him up isn't a crazy plot hole. And besides, the problem with the Dark Knight Rises isn't so much plot holes as the plot itself. The script is just a mess. The events are way too epic for their own good, the stakes are too high to be relate to and as such the Dark Knight is much more gripping and emotionally involving even though the stakes are vastly lower and the villain isn't anywhere near as ridiculously super-evil. A crazed sociopath putting some bombs on a ferry is not out of this world. A crazed sociopath blowing up half the city and taking its entire populus hostage under threat of nuclear holocaust is something a little more 'hey... this seems kinda silly.'
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1620 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts
[QUOTE="Travo_basic"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Which could have been an honest mistake, especially for someone who had just decided to volunteer that morning.charizard1605
Gordon is probably smarter than that.

Eh, I still found it to be uncharacteristically... shall I say overlooked? The movie had tons of small flaws like that. None of them detract from the experience one bit (even The Dark Knight had those), but they were there, and they're fun to discuss :P

That's not a flaw....
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1621 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

Ninja-Hippo
Not a single thing you mentioned there is anything outside of typical movie fanfare. 'How did he get the bombs on the boats?' He had goons to do it. Who knows. He bribed someone who works for the boat company. Who knows. It doesn't matter. To explain all that would detract from the film. How did batman get a plane to pick him up in China? He's a billionaire who owns his own defense company, having a plane come pick him up isn't a crazy plot hole. And besides, the problem with the Dark Knight Rises isn't so much plot holes as the plot itself. The script is just a mess. The events are way too epic for their own good, the stakes are too high to be relate to and as such the Dark Knight is much more gripping and emotionally involving even though the stakes are vastly lower and the villain isn't anywhere near as ridiculously super-evil. A crazed sociopath putting some bombs on a ferry is not out of this world. A crazed sociopath blowing up half the city and taking its entire populus hostage under threat of nuclear holocaust is something a little more 'hey... this seems kinda silly.'

The stakes in TDKR had to be huge, because it was to conclude the trilogy and tie in events that came before it in the other films. Bane and Talia were trying to do what the league failed to do in Batman Begins, which was to cripple and then destroy Gotham. Did it often turn out to be a mess? Yes. But the same could be said for TDK. Again, how one can just chalk up all the issues in TDK as "typical movie fanfare" and say "it doesn't matter" but then turn around and say it does matter in another film is baffling.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1622 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
Both films are silly. You have a guy dressed up in clown make-up pulling a school bus out of a bank after pulling an against-the-odds heist while cops drive right by him. Silly.
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1623 Travo_basic
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]Both films are silly. You have a guy dressed up in clown make-up pulling a school bus out of a bank after pulling an against-the-odds heist while cops drive right by him. Silly.

Now that guy that was burned in exactly half his face.....totally realistic.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1624 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

is anyone else having glitches with this thread?

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1625 Travo_basic

is anyone else having glitches with this thread?

TheFallenDemon
One post was deleted and messed it up.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1626 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]Both films are silly. You have a guy dressed up in clown make-up pulling a school bus out of a bank after pulling an against-the-odds heist while cops drive right by him. Silly.

I fully agree, you know how obsessed I was originally about 'The Dark Knight' when it first came out, now I can't look at it without all these glaring issues becoming apparent. The same goes for 'The Dark Knight Rises', which was just as much of a mess. It all comes down to being able to overlook those things and enjoying the experience for what it is. I just can not understand why people can do that for 'The Dark Knight' and yet can be so nit-picky with 'The Dark Knight Rises'.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1627 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]Both films are silly. You have a guy dressed up in clown make-up pulling a school bus out of a bank after pulling an against-the-odds heist while cops drive right by him. Silly.SaintLeonidas
I fully agree, you know how obsessed I was originally about 'The Dark Knight' when it first came out, now I can't look at it without all these glaring issues becoming apparent. The same goes for 'The Dark Knight Rises', which was just as much of a mess. It all comes down to being able to overlook those things and enjoying the experience for what it is. I just can not understand why people can do that for 'The Dark Knight' and yet can be so nit-picky with 'The Dark Knight Rises'.

Ditto. I was hyped for The Dark Knight as much as you. Now I just take them for what they are, superhero films that attempt to be overly ambitious but don't completly succeed.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1628 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts
Also, I wish there were more Batman fights. Stopping gangs and stuff, using more gadgets, and gliding. Imagine, at the end Batman finds Bane in the crowd, jumps off a building and glides with the Molossus dive kicking Bane to start the fight. Epic.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1629 mitu123

Also, I wish there were more Batman fights. Stopping gangs and stuff, using more gadgets, and gliding. Imagine, at the end Batman finds Bane in the crowd, jumps off a building and glides with the Molossus dive kicking Bane to start the fight. Epic. Blazerdt47
[spoiler] Batman was in like 7 action scenes. [/spoiler]

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1630 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"] Also, I wish there were more Batman fights. Stopping gangs and stuff, using more gadgets, and gliding. Imagine, at the end Batman finds Bane in the crowd, jumps off a building and glides with the Molossus dive kicking Bane to start the fight. Epic. mitu123

For being the end film of a trilogy, not enough. He's the f'ing Batman for goodness sakes
dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1631 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

I thought this would come a little close to the Avengers' opening weekend gross, even regarding the Colorado tragedy.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1632 SaintLeonidas

I thought this would come a little close to the Avengers' opening weekend gross, even regarding the Colorado tragedy.

dominer
No way it was doing that with no 3D screenings. I read somewhere that even with the events on Saturday, if they had had just as many 3D screenings as 'The Avengers' then 'The Dark Knight Rises' could have made as much as 'The Avengers'.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1633 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts

I just came from the primere here where i live and HOLY******* THE FILM WAS AWESOME. NOTHING like the dark knight, batman barely used his gadgets or anything but man it was awesome, i m going back tomorrow. LOVE IT.

dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1634 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

[QUOTE="dominer"]

SaintLeonidas

No way it was doing that with no 3D screenings. I read somewhere that even with the events on Saturday, if they had had just as many 3D screenings as 'The Avengers' then 'The Dark Knight Rises' could have made as much as 'The Avengers'.

Oh man, forgot all about 3D screenings. That makes sense.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1635 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="dominer"]

dominer

Oh man, forgot all about 3D screenings. That makes sense.

3D would have given it a HUGE boost. If it was in 3D it would have definitely matched The Avengers, maybe even beat it. Let's not forget the tragedy that definitely hurt it's weekend gross.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1636 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"] Also, I wish there were more Batman fights. Stopping gangs and stuff, using more gadgets, and gliding. Imagine, at the end Batman finds Bane in the crowd, jumps off a building and glides with the Molossus dive kicking Bane to start the fight. Epic. Blazerdt47

For being the end film of a trilogy, not enough. He's the f'ing Batman for goodness sakes

Yes, true, but the direction they went with it had to make him go that way.

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1637 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Seen the movie 4 times now, and if I can overlook the obvious plot holes and issues (that yes, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight also had), I can declare this an absolutely incredible movie. And I will overlook them, because the enjoyment I recieve during certain scenes in the trilogy make those inconsistencies and plot holes irrelevant to me. I know their there, but this is just my opinion of it. My enjoyment of the trilogy does not fade knowing these problems. Its hard for me to say that about any film nowadays, because as I grow older I notice more and more issues about the films I onced loved, and for me to still regard these Batman movies as some of my favorite films of all-time, that is huge for me.

Christopher Nolan is now my favorite director. I'm not going to go around saying the man can do no wrong, but I've yet to not love one of his films, problems and all, so that is how I've come to that conclusion.

Anway, great flick.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1638 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

I think the way Batman escaped the blast is by using a mini sub which was being housed in the BAT (plane) similar to how the tumbler housed bat bike in TDK. And then of course the bat went into auto pilot as explained in the film

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1639 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Also the 'here are my final words and now i will die' moment from the character you all know i'm talking about was one of the worst, cheesiest, most ham-fisted deaths in recent memory. Literally like something from a TV soap. Ninja-Hippo

Thats the biggest lol moment in the film. Not in a good way obviously.

I thought most of Bane's lines were hilarious though, especially his last line of dialogue.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#1640 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

I didn't catch the nod. What was it?

TheFallenDemon

It was after Gorden was taken to the sewers Blake wanted to go after him and said to his superior "I don't think there's a giant crocodile down there".

Yeah, it took me a while to get that.

Wow. I never got that...
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1641 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Also the 'here are my final words and now i will die' moment from the character you all know i'm talking about was one of the worst, cheesiest, most ham-fisted deaths in recent memory. Literally like something from a TV soap. Ilovegames1992

Thats the biggest lol moment in the film. Not in a good way obviously.

I thought most of Bane's lines were hilarious though, especially his last line of dialogue.

Also, nothing to do with the movie, its immense, but the trailers beforehand almost ruined it for me.

Four films, two were remakes of great films. Its such a sad state of affairs in the film industry now.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1642 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Today i'm again watching Batman Begins, now i feel it was really a underated movie lol.It should be in same league with TDK and TDKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1643 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]I think negative opinions of this movie can be summarized thusly; The Dark Knight was an incredibly smart, deep, enjoyable movie. The Dark Knight rises is an incredibly loud, dumb, shallow and enjoyable movie.

The Dark Knight Rises was not shallow. The Dark Knight Rises just buckled to convention, where The Dark Knight defied it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1644 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Today i'm again watching Batman Begins, now i feel it was really a underated movie lol.It should be in same league with TDK and TDKR

indzman
Well yes, it was. It was an incredibly underraed movie when it released, and it is only now that it is fully apreciated.
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1645 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

dominer

I'm pretty sure if the fact that Avengers was available in 3D was factored into the comparison, things would even out.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#1646 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]I think negative opinions of this movie can be summarized thusly; The Dark Knight was an incredibly smart, deep, enjoyable movie. The Dark Knight rises is an incredibly loud, dumb, shallow and enjoyable movie.

The Dark Knight Rises was not shallow. The Dark Knight Rises just buckled to convention, where The Dark Knight defied it.

Nah, it was pretty damn shallow for the most part.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1647 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]I think negative opinions of this movie can be summarized thusly; The Dark Knight was an incredibly smart, deep, enjoyable movie. The Dark Knight rises is an incredibly loud, dumb, shallow and enjoyable movie. charizard1605

Sure they used the ticking time bomb which has been done before but unlike other similar films Bane actually succeeded in bringing the city to its knees. Batman lost half way and Bane and Talia took complete control which I really liked and thought it was well executed.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1648 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

Ninja-Hippo

So what is a villian vaporizing a huge city's water supply to make the whole city trip the f*ck out? Is that not out of this world or is it kinda silly?

nightcall14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1649 nightcall14
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

worlock77

So what is a villian vaporizing a huge city's water supply to make the whole city trip the f*ck out? Is that not out of this world or is it kinda silly?

One thing I always thought was weird about his plan is wouldn't the water vaporizer also vaporize the water in the people and cause them to explode.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1650 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

worlock77

Yes, but still believable within the context of the story. Batman Begins didn't seem to try as hard to be realistic as Dark Knight Rises.