The Dark Knight Rises! Box Office update, 160 million opening weekend!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1651 brucewayne69
Member since 2012 • 2864 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"] Not a single thing you mentioned there is anything outside of typical movie fanfare. 'How did he get the bombs on the boats?' He had goons to do it. Who knows. He bribed someone who works for the boat company. Who knows. It doesn't matter. To explain all that would detract from the film. How did batman get a plane to pick him up in China? He's a billionaire who owns his own defense company, having a plane come pick him up isn't a crazy plot hole. And besides, the problem with the Dark Knight Rises isn't so much plot holes as the plot itself. The script is just a mess. The events are way too epic for their own good, the stakes are too high to be relate to and as such the Dark Knight is much more gripping and emotionally involving even though the stakes are vastly lower and the villain isn't anywhere near as ridiculously super-evil. A crazed sociopath putting some bombs on a ferry is not out of this world. A crazed sociopath blowing up half the city and taking its entire populus hostage under threat of nuclear holocaust is something a little more 'hey... this seems kinda silly.' meetroid8

So what is a villian vaporizing a huge city's water supply to make the whole city trip the f*ck out? Is that not out of this world or is it kinda silly?

Yes, but still believable within the context of the story. Batman Begins didn't seem to try as hard to be realistic as Dark Knight Rises.

In high doses it kills you, remember? It doens't just trip you. Rachel almost died

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1652 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
This is the greatest review I've seen for the film.
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1653 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
:lol: " Bane sounds like Sean Connery speaking out of a paper towel tube" and "Who knows why Bane is mad, maybe he lost a championship belt or something"
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1654 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
A couple of questions after a few extra viewings of the ending: At the end, why is John Blake given a bag? Is that what Bruce Wayne left him in his will? How in the world did Wayne have time to write that into his will? I assume it was Wayne because the movie later shows coordinates that appear to have directed Blake to the Batcave. Secondly, after giving away the bag, the woman mentions a missing item. The man mentions a strand of pearls. Is he referring to Martha Wayne's pearl necklace that she wore when she was murdered that had been stoled by Selina Kyle? Is that what Kyle was wearing during her last scene with Wayne in Paris? It seems like I already know the answers to these two questions, but if I'm wrong, please correct me. I'm just curious.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1655 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

A couple of questions after a few extra viewings of the ending: At the end, why is John Blake given a bag? Is that what Bruce Wayne left him in his will? How in the world did Wayne have time to write that into his will? I assume it was Wayne because the movie later shows coordinates that appear to have directed Blake to the Batcave. Secondly, after giving away the bag, the woman mentions a missing item. The man mentions a strand of pearls. Is he referring to Martha Wayne's pearl necklace that she wore when she was murdered that had been stoled by Selina Kyle? Is that what Kyle was wearing during her last scene with Wayne in Paris? It seems like I already know the answers to these two questions, but if I'm wrong, please correct me. I'm just curious.Genetic_Code

No worries you got it right

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1656 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

I have to ask, does anyone else think the "Wheres the trigger?!" bit was an intentional call back to the "Where are they?!" bit in TDK, I was laughing hard at that!

I'm surprised people enjoyed the twist or were suprised by it, seriously she is a pretty high calibur actress and was pretty obviious she was going to be importatn, plus I felt it was just to add more drama and add another hurdle for Batman to overcome. It took away from Bane a bit, and was just a weak twist nad way to get the plot out. It was obvious from the moment Bane said he was continuing the LOS works that he wanted to end Gotham.

I persoanlly felt the film was weak, stadning on its own. Not enough Catwoman, Bane, or Batman. The pit was really increabaily dull, yeah yeah, Bruce had to overcome and 'rise' but really didnt like how it dragged on. With Batman out of the game, this became a JGL movie. I felt that the football stadium scene was cool, but it lost its luster after its been in trailers forever.

It felt bloated, it really did. It just got to big an they couldn't figure a way to do it. As someone earlier mentioned, I agree that the cliche's weren't handled as well as they should've been.

I don't completely understand the point of Bane's whole take over Gotham either. He broke Batman and wanted to continue LOS plans. He should've won at the Football scene, the movie should've ended there!

The movie had its moments (intro kicked ass) and the acting all around was superb. Bane was great, not as out of left field spectatular as Joker (but im oker fanboy:P) but definatly a worthy seccessor. Catwoman was good, and knew how to rock the Batpod. JGL did good. The entire returning crew was also great!

Overall though, I felt this film was still really weak, maybe I need to watch it again, or I missed something that everyone else got:/

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1657 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

I have to ask, does anyone else think the "Wheres the trigger?!" bit was an intentional call back to the "Where are they?!" bit in TDK, I was laughing hard at that!

I'm surprised people enjoyed the twist or were suprised by it, seriously she is a pretty high calibur actress and was pretty obviious she was going to be importatn, plus I felt it was just to add more drama and add another hurdle for Batman to overcome. It took away from Bane a bit, and was just a weak twist nad way to get the plot out. It was obvious from the moment Bane said he was continuing the LOS works that he wanted to end Gotham.

I persoanlly felt the film was weak, stadning on its own. Not enough Catwoman, Bane, or Batman. The pit was really increabaily dull, yeah yeah, Bruce had to overcome and 'rise' but really didnt like how it dragged on. With Batman out of the game, this became a JGL movie. I felt that the football stadium scene was cool, but it lost its luster after its been in trailers forever.

It felt bloated, it really did. It just got to big an they couldn't figure a way to do it. As someone earlier mentioned, I agree that the cliche's weren't handled as well as they should've been.

I don't completely understand the point of Bane's whole take over Gotham either. He broke Batman and wanted to continue LOS plans. He should've won at the Football scene, the movie should've ended there!

The movie had its moments (intro kicked ass) and the acting all around was superb. Bane was great, not as out of left field spectatular as Joker (but im oker fanboy:P) but definatly a worthy seccessor. Catwoman was good, and knew how to rock the Batpod. JGL did good. The entire returning crew was also great!

Overall though, I felt this film was still really weak, maybe I need to watch it again, or I missed something that everyone else got:/

Bardock47

Spoken in normal conventional, common sense form. However, BINGOBINGO BINGO. Everything is exactly right as to why the movie fell short. It is incredible bloated, very sloppy with an already slow start, and an even more redundant final act. Not to mention the serious tone the movie sets sucks up so much of the "fun" and excitement the movie could have had. I've expressed my disappointment enough in this thread but some very iffy ideas were used indeed.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1658 Bardock47

Spoken in normal conventional, common sense form. However, BINGOBINGO BINGO. Everything is exactly right as to why the movie fell short. It is incredible bloated, very sloppy with an already slow start, and an even more redundant final act. Not to mention the serious tone the movie sets sucks up so much of the "fun" and excitement the movie could have had. I've expressed my disappointment enough in this thread but some very iffy ideas were used indeed.

mexicangordo

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this. I wasn't even comparing it to TDK, I was going in expecting something between TDK and BB. Just a good Nolan movie, and didn't get that. You can imagine how dissapointed I was, i didnt even have ridcualous hype or expectations.

Also, agee on the lack of fun. I dont mind dark movies, but this had such lack of just fun. In TDK, Jokers doing what he wants left and right, it suck and Batman is losing, but at least The Joker brings such a fun and intense act to the forefront, you cant wait to see him again and his dashing evil, or there is at least a a scene with Batman to look forward to. This had, Bane wins, so heres some scene of underground cops led by JGL and the recently bed relieved Gordon while Bruce is in the pit.

Also, am I the only one sesing some kind of messgae here. I swear there is an underlying theme, with the entire Wall Street thing, I felt that the movie defiantly had some obvious political undertones, but idk.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1659 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"]

Bardock47

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this. I wasn't even comparing it to TDK, I was going in expecting something between TDK and BB. Just a good Nolan movie, and didn't get that. You can imagine how dissapointed I was, i didnt even have ridcualous hype or expectations.

Also, am I the only one sesing some kind of messgae here. I swear there is an underlying theme, with the entire Wall Street thing, I felt that the movie defiantly had some obvious political undertones, but idk.

Nor did I, in fact, I wrote a mini-pre review a day or two before the movie and posted it here. I told people to prepare for disappointment but as it turnedout, a majority of OT are one sided Bat fanboys (go figure?) and only saw the good. I never expressed it was a bad film, nor do I even think TDK is a great film but this movie was a huge disappointment imo. Just very unsatisfying--relyingtoo much on the ending to make people forget how bad some parts were.

And yes, they were trying to corolate it with the 99% protests.

Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#1660 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

Today i'm again watching Batman Begins, now i feel it was really a underated movie lol.It should be in same league with TDK and TDKR

indzman
Batman Begins may be the best film of the three
Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1661 Bardock47

[QUOTE="Bardock47"]

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"]

mexicangordo

Nor did I, in fact, I wrote a mini-pre review a day or two before the movie and posted it here. I told people to prepare for disappointment but as it turnedout, a majority of OT are one sided Bat fanboys (go figure?) and only saw the good. I never expressed it was a bad film, nor do I even think TDK is a great film but this movie was a huge disappointment imo. Just very unsatisfying--relyingtoo much on the ending to make people forget how bad some parts were.

The thing that really irks me is, the movie had potential to be the movie of the year, and easily at least beat Avengers for Superhero movie of the year. The potential was just pissed to hell, and I can't let that go.Nor can I believe that Nolan had this kind of misstep, I have never been let down by him. When I want a clever, deep, action movie; I would go Nolan (though I suppose any director has this). The policial underlyings irked me as to obvious, Ishouldn't be think "The director is commenting on something right now" in the middle of the movie. At the end of the day, the fact that the movies potential was wasted and we got robbed of something that could've been just grinds my gears!

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#1663 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="indzman"]

Today i'm again watching Batman Begins, now i feel it was really a underated movie lol.It should be in same league with TDK and TDKR

The_Gaming_Baby

While I enjoyed it I found it to be the least awesome of the 3 IMO, the sequels improved over it in many areas. Villains, action, camera, set pieces, characters, acting, story, music and pacing were done better in TDK and TDKR.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1664 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"]

[QUOTE="Bardock47"] Glad I'm not the only one thinking this. I wasn't even comparing it to TDK, I was going in expecting something between TDK and BB. Just a good Nolan movie, and didn't get that. You can imagine how dissapointed I was, i didnt even have ridcualous hype or expectations.

Bardock47

The thing that really irks me is, the movie had potential to be the movie of the year, and easily at least beat Avengers for Superhero movie of the year. The potential was just pissed to hell, and I can't let that go.Nor can I believe that Nolan had this kind of misstep, I have never been let down by him. When I want a clever, deep, action movie; I would go Nolan (though I suppose any director has this). The policial underlyings irked me as to obvious, Ishouldn't be think "The director is commenting on something right now" in the middle of the movie. At the end of the day, the fact that the movies potential was wasted and we got robbed of something that could've been just grinds my gears!

Major Spoilers for anyone

Just some nitpicks I had with the movie.

I think the film suffered from what all film trilogy's suffer from, the whole *we gotta make it bigger* mentality that ruins triologys for me like it did with Transformers3.

It almost didn't feel like a Batman film to me rather a typical Terrorist movie where Batman just happens to be in it. Batman Begins and TDK Felt more like a Batman and Gotham movie then The Dark Knight Rises, it felt alittle silly that I was drawn away from the Gotham universe to somehow give a **** about what the world (The US) thinks of the whole Gotham take over thing, yes realistically I assume the Government would step in but idk to me it just took me out of the world unlike its prequels.

Bane's performance was done extremely well having to act with body language and eyes only would have been a difficult thing to do for any actor. Banes *death* felt rushed and overall pretty crappy considering how much backstory they gave him compared to The Joker, getting blown upp by Catwomen felt like a kick in the nuts for a overall badass character. And this is my own nitpick but arrrrg why no *Venom* they could have made it believable making it come off as a *wonder drug* but I guess it wouldn't have fit in Nolans Universe.

Robin felt rushed as well, don't get me wrong the character of (Blake) Robin was really done well and felt great giving a perhaps more personal story about what is going on with Gotham and its civilians while providing some nice acting. But the whole shaping into Robin felt really average to me the whole *you wear the same mask THUS I KNOW YOUR BATMAN* felt..stupid to me I would have liked if they expanded on the evolution of Blake becoming into Robin rather then him simply picking off where Batman left off. But I guess it would have drawn out the movie even longer.

Oh and I kinda Wish Dent didn't die the whole Judge scene with Scarcrow would have been soo much better if Dent was the one doing it *You live...*flips coin* you die* Or if Scarcrow put on his mask when he made his verdict.

Overall I pretty decent movie and I assume most will say Dark Knight Rises is better because they were impressed by the flashy lights and bigger set pieces but to me The Dark Knight is way better. Oh and Im a obsessed joker fan so im alittle Biased haha.

The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1665 The_Gaming_Baby

[QUOTE="The_Gaming_Baby"][QUOTE="indzman"]

mitu123

While I enjoyed it I found it to be the least awesome of the 3 IMO, the sequels improved over it in many areas. Villains, action, camera, set pieces, characters, acting, story, music and pacing were done better in TDK and TDKR.

I disagree about a few things. The Pacing in Batman Begins is the best of the three. In TDK and TDKR the first 30-40 minutes or so are very slow. In Batman Begins the origin story gets going from the get go and doesn't let up until Bruce Wayne announces he is Batman, at which point he the film becomes relentless and never stops moving.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1666 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

After having seen the Dark Knight Rises twice now (friday and monday) and having let it sink in, I have to rank these movies accordingly

Plot

The Dark Knight>Batman Begins>The Dark Knight Rises

Depth

Action

The Dark Knight Rises>Batman Begins>The Dark Knight

Acting

The Dark Knight Rises>The Dark Knight>Batman Begins

Emotion

The Dark Knight=The Dark Knight Rises>Batman Begins

Overall

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1667 sammyjenkis898

Acting

Pikminmaniac

Really?

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1668 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Mr. Plinkett's review of The Dark Knight Rises!

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1669 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

To me the best part was the ending. SPOILER I love the fact that we saw Bruce and Selina together at the end. What I hate about the comics is how hard the writers always seemed to work at keeping the two apart. It just got annoying after a while...a while in the comic world means freaking decades.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1670 TheFallenDemon

To me the best part was the ending. SPOILER I love the fact that we saw Bruce and Selina together at the end. What I hate about the comics is how hard the writers always seemed to work at keeping the two apart. It just got annoying after a while...a while in the comic world means freaking decades.

rzepak

Batman is not allowed to have a happy ending or end up with any women permanently in the comics srry

juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1671 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
I was one of those people. Movie was great!
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1672 The_Gaming_Baby

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Acting

sammyjenkis898

Really?

Heath Ledger's performance alone leads The Dark Knight to victory in the acting section
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1673 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Acting

The_Gaming_Baby

Really?

Heath Ledger's performance alone leads The Dark Knight to victory in the acting section

but in the Dark Knight Rises we get

-Christian Bale's best performance

-Michael Caine's best performance

-Gary Oldman's best performance

-an outstanding performance from Anne Hathaway

-an outstanding performance from Joseph Gorden-levitt

-an outstanding performance from Tom Hardy

Sure, Heath Ledger and Aaran Eckhart are amazing in The Dark Knight, but the acting as a whole is better in Rises IMO

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1674 TheFallenDemon

When you could hear what Bane was saying that is.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1675 mitu123

TheFallenDemon

I heard him like 99% of the time.:D

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1676 Bardock47

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

mitu123

I'm thinking it depends on the theater you go to, I heard him perfectly fine, center main at full blast.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1677 Bardock47

[QUOTE="Bardock47"]

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"] Nor did I, in fact, I wrote a mini-pre review a day or two before the movie and posted it here. I told people to prepare for disappointment but as it turnedout, a majority of OT are one sided Bat fanboys (go figure?) and only saw the good. I never expressed it was a bad film, nor do I even think TDK is a great film but this movie was a huge disappointment imo. Just very unsatisfying--relyingtoo much on the ending to make people forget how bad some parts were.

Blake135

Major Spoilers for anyone

Just some nitpicks I had with the movie.

I think the film suffered from what all film trilogy's suffer from, the whole *we gotta make it bigger* mentality that ruins triologys for me like it did with Transformers3.

It almost didn't feel like a Batman film to me rather a typical Terrorist movie where Batman just happens to be in it. Batman Begins and TDK Felt more like a Batman and Gotham movie then The Dark Knight Rises, it felt alittle silly that I was drawn away from the Gotham universe to somehow give a **** about what the world (The US) thinks of the whole Gotham take over thing, yes realistically I assume the Government would step in but idk to me it just took me out of the world unlike its prequels.

Bane's performance was done extremely well having to act with body language and eyes only would have been a difficult thing to do for any actor. Banes *death* felt rushed and overall pretty crappy considering how much backstory they gave him compared to The Joker, getting blown upp by Catwomen felt like a kick in the nuts for a overall badass character. And this is my own nitpick but arrrrg why no *Venom* they could have made it believable making it come off as a *wonder drug* but I guess it wouldn't have fit in Nolans Universe.

Robin felt rushed as well, don't get me wrong the character of (Blake) Robin was really done well and felt great giving a perhaps more personal story about what is going on with Gotham and its civilians while providing some nice acting. But the whole shaping into Robin felt really average to me the whole *you wear the same mask THUS I KNOW YOUR BATMAN* felt..stupid to me I would have liked if they expanded on the evolution of Blake becoming into Robin rather then him simply picking off where Batman left off. But I guess it would have drawn out the movie even longer.

Oh and I kinda Wish Dent didn't die the whole Judge scene with Scarcrow would have been soo much better if Dent was the one doing it *You live...*flips coin* you die* Or if Scarcrow put on his mask when he made his verdict.

Overall I pretty decent movie and I assume most will say Dark Knight Rises is better because they were impressed by the flashy lights and bigger set pieces but to me The Dark Knight is way better. Oh and Im a obsessed joker fan so im alittle Biased haha.

I agree with almost everything you said. This movie easily compares to the horror that is transformers 3, in the way that its to big and bloated and convulted for no reason. I also think that Scarecrow should've had the burlap sack and been more...scarecrowy.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1678 TheFallenDemon

What seats did you people have at your viewing?

Mine was in the second-to-front row.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1679 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

Bardock47

I'm thinking it depends on the theater you go to, I heard him perfectly fine, center main at full blast.

And I sat in the far back on the right close to the exit of the theater, lol.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1680 mitu123

TheFallenDemon

Read my previous post.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1681 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Saw it a second time. Still amazing, incredible film. I might go see it a third time. :P

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1682 sammyjenkis898

but in the Dark Knight Rises we get

-Christian Bale's best performance

-Michael Caine's best performance

-Gary Oldman's best performance

-an outstanding performance from Anne Hathaway

-an outstanding performance from Joseph Gorden-levitt

-an outstanding performance from Tom Hardy

Sure, Heath Ledger and Aaran Eckhart are amazing in The Dark Knight, but the acting as a whole is better in Rises IMO

Pikminmaniac

Oldman pleading for his son's life is head-and-shoulders above anything he did in The Dark Knight Rises

Every performance you listed is trumped by Ledger's. We get four new performances, two of which being impressive. Cotillard was wasted.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1683 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

TheFallenDemon

Front-row and second-to front, for viewings. That was pretty a miserable time for my neck and eye.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1684 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

TheFallenDemon
That's too close. About midway for me.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1685 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts
[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

Travo_basic

Back row for me, but I was at an IMAX theater.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1686 TheFallenDemon

[QUOTE="Travo_basic"][QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

Hallenbeck77

Back row for me, but I was at an IMAX theater.

Provided it's genuine IMAX and not the ripoff LieMax that most chain theaters use, front row is just way too close, right?

Avatar image for -sharp-shooter-
-sharp-shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1687 -sharp-shooter-
Member since 2006 • 2677 Posts
Just saw the movie and am a little let down that there weren't more Batman and Catwoman fight scenes. I'm a little confused with the ending though. I thought there would only be 3 movies and it would be done but they left it open for another one it seems like. What's going on?
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1688 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

TheFallenDemon

I wouldn't say you couldn't understand him but I sure as hell had to pay more attention when the guy was talking to try and not miss anything, at the start the voice sorta put me off but soon you get used to it.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1689 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
I love that the film really played with my expectations, being the final film in the trilogy I really expected Gotham to go under and Batman to die and finally creating a symbol for justice through his dead, the presence Bane had in the trailers further added to this feeling. Sure a happy ending is cliche but when it's done right like in TDKR it works better than an unexpected ending. Bruce did make Batman a symbol but survived and moved on to let someone else take the cause.

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

mitu123

Bane's voice was clear as day for me too. And what a lovely lovely voice it was :P
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1690 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Just saw the movie and am a little let down that there weren't more Batman and Catwoman fight scenes. I'm a little confused with the ending though. I thought there would only be 3 movies and it would be done but they left it open for another one it seems like. What's going on?-sharp-shooter-
It is over, the ending with Blake was more to show that even with Bruce gone, the legend lives on. The idea that it isn't who is behind the mask, but what it represents that matters, has been present throughout the trilogy. Gotham will always need a hero, Bruce's time in that role is done, and he left it to Blake to continue his legacy.

MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1691 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

I don't think that some of you realize that Batman did die... But Bruce Wayne lived.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1692 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

I don't think that some of you realize that Batman did die... But Bruce Wayne lived.

MacBoomStick

hurrrr

The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1693 The_Gaming_Baby

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

mitu123

There were very few things I was unsure of what he said. I thought he sounded excellent
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1694 The_Gaming_Baby

[QUOTE="-sharp-shooter-"]Just saw the movie and am a little let down that there weren't more Batman and Catwoman fight scenes. I'm a little confused with the ending though. I thought there would only be 3 movies and it would be done but they left it open for another one it seems like. What's going on?SaintLeonidas

It is over, the ending with Blake was more to show that even with Bruce gone, the legend lives on. The idea that it isn't who is behind the mask, but what it represents that matters, has been present throughout the trilogy. Gotham will always need a hero, Bruce's time in that role is done, and he left it to Blake to continue his legacy.

A new trilogy will begin without Batman and a new director etc. I look forward to it
brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1695 brucewayne69
Member since 2012 • 2864 Posts

I am positive that there will not be a spin off trilogy with JGL. Besides, without Nolan it would feel wierd

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1696 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

Back row for me, but I was at an IMAX theater.Hallenbeck77

I like to sit towards the back for IMAX as well. The screen is so big that I feel that I'm too close if I sit anywhere closer than the back 3 rows.

SteverXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1697 SteverXIII
Member since 2010 • 3795 Posts
Bane's voice was clear as day for me tooSwift_Boss_A
Shame it was really over-produced.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1698 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]Back row for me, but I was at an IMAX theater.CJL182

I like to sit towards the back for IMAX as well. The screen is so big that I feel that I'm too close if I sit anywhere closer than the back 3 rows.

First time seeing a Hollywood film in IMAX, too, It costs me $34.50 for two tickets, but it was money well spent. There was no talking, nobody was playing with their cell phones, none of the headaches associated with your typical theatrical experience. I guess some people realize if you're gonna pay that kind of money for a movie ticket, they're not gonna dick around as if they're paying for just a regular showing.

SteverXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1699 SteverXIII
Member since 2010 • 3795 Posts
I am so jealous of you Americans with your fancy Imax screens :(
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1700 TheFallenDemon

If it's any consolation, a lot of theaters here try to pass off a slightly bigger screen as the genuine thing.