Santa banned from school because of Muslims

This topic is locked from further discussion.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#251 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

Seriously dude, read the Old Testament. Some of those books do nothing more than justify ethnic cleansing.

Cheesehead9099

I'm well aware of the vileness of the Old Testament. What, may I ask, is your point?

Did an islamic guy trample your lawn or something?

i found out here by some of our local Muslim posters that Islam is a anti-dog religion, that is quite barbaric as dogs rule!

alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 alexside1
Member since 2006 • 4412 Posts

[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"] .... .... yay for thinking that a whole religion is evil! :| It's people like you that stir hate crimes. Honestly. That verse was totally cherry picked. Admit it.dromiceiomimus
The whole religion IS evil. Misogyny is evil. Flogging people for sex outside of marriage is evil. Homophobia is evil. Slavery is evil, antisemitism is evil, and the idea of hell is evil. And, oh look, the Quran condones every ****ing one of those. And here you are, having the arrogance to accuse me of stirring hate crimes purely for pointing out the barbarism of the Quran.

Evil according to what? You?

Cheesehead9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#253 Cheesehead9099
Member since 2008 • 2849 Posts
[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"] .... .... yay for thinking that a whole religion is evil! :| It's people like you that stir hate crimes. Honestly. That verse was totally cherry picked. Admit it.

The whole religion IS evil. Misogyny is evil. Flogging people for sex outside of marriage is evil. Homophobia is evil. Slavery is evil, antisemitism is evil, and the idea of hell is evil. And, oh look, the Quran condones every ****ing one of those. And here you are, having the arrogance to accuse me of stirring hate crimes purely for pointing out the barbarism of the Quran.

"barbarism of the Quran". Oh god. :| Ok first of all I'm not muslim. So there isn't much of a bias here, at least for me. But I really think that you should reevaluate your stance on islam, because as it stands you have SO MUCH STUFF wrong about it.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#254 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
Santa doesn't really have anything to do with any particular religion; he's just a symbol of joy and generosity.UT_Wrestler
and as some of the communist posters here pointed out capitalism, bringing joy and generosity to the masses.
Cheesehead9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 Cheesehead9099

[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]I'm well aware of the vileness of the Old Testament. What, may I ask, is your point?surrealnumber5

Did an islamic guy trample your lawn or something?

i found out here by some of our local Muslim posters that Islam is a anti-dog religion, that is quite barbaric as dogs rule!

Dogs do rule... hmm.
Cheesehead9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 Cheesehead9099
[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]The whole religion IS evil. Misogyny is evil. Flogging people for sex outside of marriage is evil. Homophobia is evil. Slavery is evil, antisemitism is evil, and the idea of hell is evil. And, oh look, the Quran condones every ****ing one of those. And here you are, having the arrogance to accuse me of stirring hate crimes purely for pointing out the barbarism of the Quran.dromiceiomimus
... Are you aware that the Bible also condones many of those things???

Yes, and the bible is also an evil book. What's your point?

My point is that many religions condone these types of things because they were the old fashioned way of thinking. It DOES NOT mean that the entire religion and everyone who follows it is necessarily "evil".
dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 dromiceiomimus
Member since 2010 • 113 Posts
[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]How does that context make any difference? It's still a general statement demanding tribute from non-Muslims and the context provides no evidence that it is anything other.Ninja-Hippo
How can you even say that given the context i just gave you? They were attacked. Their allies betrayed them. They went to battle. Muhammad told his men that any of the arab tribes who betrayed them who they encounter along the way should be given the chance to rejoin them or forced to pay tribute. You're trying to present that as a teaching or something that all non-muslims in the world should be subjugated and forced to pay tax. That's literally so far away from what it actually is its absurd.

I'm moved to wonder, then, why it doesn't merely refer in that verse to those who betray the Muslims. I'm also to moved to point out that the Quran states clearly that the tax is to ensure that non-Muslims 'feel themselves subdued'. It is an expression of Muslim superiority, and of the subjugation of their victims. The thing is a grotesque, discriminatory poll tax to be levied by the Islamic state; to suggest that it applies purely as some kind of temporary arrangement is absurd.
alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 alexside1
[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"] ... Are you aware that the Bible also condones many of those things???

My point is that many religions condone these types of things because they were the old fashioned way of thinking. It DOES NOT mean that the entire religion and everyone who follows it is necessarily "evil".

Funny that he keeps calling things "evil" as a typical religious fanatic. Oh the irony it burns bad.
dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 dromiceiomimus
[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"] ... Are you aware that the Bible also condones many of those things???

You're damn right it was done in the 'old-fashioned way of thinking' - it's barbarianism, and the very idea that it should be a model for modern society is ethically repugnant.
dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 dromiceiomimus
[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]Yes, and the bible is also an evil book. What's your point?alexside1

Funny that he keeps calling things "evil" as a typical religious fanatic. Oh the irony it burns bad.

Hah - alright, so I'm fanatically opposed to misogyny and homophobia and antisemitism and slavery. Is that bad? I think it's something to be proud of.
alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 alexside1
[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="alexside1"][QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"] My point is that many religions condone these types of things because they were the old fashioned way of thinking. It DOES NOT mean that the entire religion and everyone who follows it is necessarily "evil".

Hah - alright, so I'm fanatically opposed to misogyny and homophobia and antisemitism and slavery. Is that bad? I think it's something to be proud of.

Which it base on a book that you call it evil. Can anyone smell the hypocrisy in the morning?
bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#262 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

Part of growing up is learning to function where you are uncomfortable. This nation is growing babies by the hundreds with crap like this.

dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 dromiceiomimus
[QUOTE="alexside1"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="alexside1"] Funny that he keeps calling things "evil" as a typical religious fanatic. Oh the irony it burns bad.

Which it base on a book that you call it evil. Can anyone smell the hypocrisy in the morning?

Try again. I was referring to the Jewish race, not the Jewish religion - I must say, I've never seen 'antisemitism' used to simply mean dislike of the Jewish religion.
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts
[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"] .... .... yay for thinking that a whole religion is evil! :| It's people like you that stir hate crimes. Honestly. That verse was totally cherry picked. Admit it.

antisemitism is evil,

Arabic is a Semitic language and Muslims are Semites also, so by the real definition of antisemitism, you are antisemitic yourself. Talked yourself into a right one there didn't you.
dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 dromiceiomimus
[QUOTE="Asim90"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"] .... .... yay for thinking that a whole religion is evil! :| It's people like you that stir hate crimes. Honestly. That verse was totally cherry picked. Admit it.

antisemitism is evil,

Arabic is a Semitic language and Muslims are Semites also, so by the real definition of antisemitism, you are antisemitic yourself. Talked yourself into a right one there didn't you.

Oh, Muslims are a race now? No one tells me anything around he- oh no, wait, you're talking utter ****.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"] .... .... yay for thinking that a whole religion is evil! :| It's people like you that stir hate crimes. Honestly. That verse was totally cherry picked. Admit it.Asim90
antisemitism is evil,

Arabs, not Muslims, are Semites. Not all Arabs are Muslim. Not all Muslims are Arabs.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#267 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
... Pretty silly when Santa is a commercial holiday figure, a myth.. It really doesn't hold any relationship with Christianity now.. That being said, I am willing to bet we would hear much GREATER out roar if a Islamic myth figure came to there to give the kids gifts and what not.
alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 alexside1
[QUOTE="alexside1"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]Hah - alright, so I'm fanatically opposed to misogyny and homophobia and antisemitism and slavery. Is that bad? I think it's something to be proud of.dromiceiomimus

Try again. I was referring to the Jewish race, not the Jewish religion - I must say, I've never seen 'antisemitism' used to simply mean dislike of the Jewish religion.

I think you misunderstood what antisemitism means.
Cheesehead9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 Cheesehead9099

[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]Yes, and the bible is also an evil book. What's your point?dromiceiomimus

You're damn right it was done in the 'old-fashioned way of thinking' - it's barbarianism, and the very idea that it should be a model for modern society is ethically repugnant.

Yes, that's why not many Muslims/Christians interpret those writings in that way anymore. Because they are not fit for modern day society. IT DOES NOT MEAN, in ANY way, that the religion is EVIL.

dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 dromiceiomimus
... Pretty silly when Santa is a commercial holiday figure, a myth.. It really doesn't hold any relationship with Christianity now.. That being said, I am willing to bet we would hear much GREATER out roar if a Islamic myth figure came to there to give the kids gifts and what not.sSubZerOo
Much of which would come from Muslims themselves, if that myth figure were whom I think you're thinking of. No depictions of the Prophet, remember?
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 Asim90

[QUOTE="Asim90"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"] antisemitism is evil, worlock77

Arabs, not Muslims, are Semites. Not all Arabs are Muslim. Not all Muslims are Arabs.

Obviously. A large number of Muslims are Arabs though so by definition he is being antisemitic whilst calling others antisemitic. Hypocrisy at the highest level
dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 dromiceiomimus
[QUOTE="alexside1"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="alexside1"] Which it base on a book that you call it evil. Can anyone smell the hypocrisy in the morning?

I and almost everyone else use it to mean dislike of the Jewish race. By all means use it however you want to, but of course your criticisms won't apply if you're simply wilfully failing to understand what I mean by 'antisemitism'.
dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 dromiceiomimus
[QUOTE="Asim90"] Obviously. A large number of Muslims are Arabs though so by definition he is being antisemitic whilst calling others antisemitic. Hypocrisy at the highest level

Shush, please. Are you claiming I look down on Arabs for being of semitic origin?
-Y2J-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 -Y2J-
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts

Ohh Just to had Honour Killings are actually semi common in the Uk not alone somewhere else in the world so again i stand by and say its an in general intolerant religion.

jwsoul
Just to add that those honour killivs are not religious, I come from the group that always has these problem ( Pakistani and Muslim) honour killings is not a islamic thng because theyhappen in south Asia including India and Sri Lanka, hear are cultural issues, it's similar to female genital mutilation which people think is an iamic thing but its really an African cultural tradition. What a lot of people assume are problems or issues with Islam are really cultural tradition of hose countires bfiremislam that still exist. If you have more questions I'm happy to answer the
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Asim90"] Arabic is a Semitic language and Muslims are Semites also, so by the real definition of antisemitism, you are antisemitic yourself. Talked yourself into a right one there didn't you.Asim90

Obviously. A large number of Muslims are Arabs though so by definition he is being antisemitic whilst calling others antisemitic. Hypocrisy at the highest level

Actually I believe that only around 20% of the world's Muslims are Arabic.

alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 alexside1
[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"] My point is that many religions condone these types of things because they were the old fashioned way of thinking. It DOES NOT mean that the entire religion and everyone who follows it is necessarily "evil".

Yes, that's why not many Muslims/Christians FOLLOW those writings anymore. Because they are not fit for modern day society. IT DOES NOT MEAN, in ANY way, that the religion is EVIL.

I wouldn't use the word "follow' I rather use the word "interpretation".
Cheesehead9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Cheesehead9099
[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]You're damn right it was done in the 'old-fashioned way of thinking' - it's barbarianism, and the very idea that it should be a model for modern society is ethically repugnant.alexside1
Yes, that's why not many Muslims/Christians FOLLOW those writings anymore. Because they are not fit for modern day society. IT DOES NOT MEAN, in ANY way, that the religion is EVIL.

I wouldn't use the word "follow' I rather use the word "interpretation".

Yeah that's a better word. Lemme edit my post.
dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 dromiceiomimus
[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"] Yes, that's why not many Muslims/Christians FOLLOW those writings anymore. Because they are not fit for modern day society. IT DOES NOT MEAN, in ANY way, that the religion is EVIL.

On what basis can a Muslim turn around and say to God, 'actually, I don't think your revealed word is fit for modern society - we know better now'?
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Asim90
[QUOTE="alexside1"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]Try again. I was referring to the Jewish race, not the Jewish religion - I must say, I've never seen 'antisemitism' used to simply mean dislike of the Jewish religion.dromiceiomimus

I and almost everyone else use it to mean dislike of the Jewish race.

Which is completely wrong. Why can't you comprehend that? Stop being ignorant and just accept it. Antisemitism isn't just antijewish. That's a fallacy created by the media and is constantly used by hypocrites like yourself, and it's incredibly frustrating.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]... Pretty silly when Santa is a commercial holiday figure, a myth.. It really doesn't hold any relationship with Christianity now.. That being said, I am willing to bet we would hear much GREATER out roar if a Islamic myth figure came to there to give the kids gifts and what not.dromiceiomimus
Much of which would come from Muslims themselves, if that myth figure were whom I think you're thinking of. No depictions of the Prophet, remember?

I am not thinking of the specific figure at all.. I am just pointing out YES its a over-reaction thats quite ridiculous.. But if Santa were a Islamic figure coming to these kids giving the gifts, I honestly believe we would see a massive outrage.. Especially with the past few years of people wanting Islam to be expelled from the United States.

dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 dromiceiomimus
[QUOTE="-Y2J-"] Just to add that those honour killivs are not religious, I come from the group that always has these problem ( Pakistani and Muslim) honour killings is not a islamic thng because theyhappen in south Asia including India and Sri Lanka, hear are cultural issues, it's similar to female genital mutilation which people think is an iamic thing but its really an African cultural tradition. What a lot of people assume are problems or issues with Islam are really cultural tradition of hose countires bfiremislam that still exist. If you have more questions I'm happy to answer the

Isn't it an interesting coincidence that these cultural issues arise almost exclusively in Islamic culture? Shocking, really.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 worlock77

[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"] Yes, that's why not many Muslims/Christians FOLLOW those writings anymore. Because they are not fit for modern day society. IT DOES NOT MEAN, in ANY way, that the religion is EVIL. dromiceiomimus
On what basis can a Muslim turn around and say to God, 'actually, I don't think your revealed word is fit for modern society - we know better now'?

On the same basis that Christians and Jews adjust their religion to fit the society they live in.

dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 dromiceiomimus

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"] Yes, that's why not many Muslims/Christians FOLLOW those writings anymore. Because they are not fit for modern day society. IT DOES NOT MEAN, in ANY way, that the religion is EVIL. worlock77

On the same basis that Christians and Jews adjust their religion to fit the society they live in.

Except that Christians and Jews aren't obliged by their religion to believe that their holy books are the word of God. Try again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"] Yes, that's why not many Muslims/Christians FOLLOW those writings anymore. Because they are not fit for modern day society. IT DOES NOT MEAN, in ANY way, that the religion is EVIL. dromiceiomimus

:| Christians do this.. So does every religion out there fitting into a first would country thats democratically controlled.. And yeah for a lack of a better way to say it.. We do know better today then we did centuries ago where will killed people for being heretics, witches or other such things.. People can choose what they want to believe in.

dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 dromiceiomimus
[QUOTE="Asim90"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="alexside1"] I think you misunderstood what antisemitism means.

I and almost everyone else use it to mean dislike of the Jewish race.

Which is completely wrong. Why can't you comprehend that? Stop being ignorant and just accept it. Antisemitism isn't just antijewish. That's a fallacy created by the media and is constantly used by hypocrites like yourself, and it's incredibly frustrating.

Lol. As you wish; dislike of the semitic race, then. Either way, I don't look down on people for being of semitic racial origins, so your point is moot. Off you go, now.
dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 dromiceiomimus

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"] Yes, that's why not many Muslims/Christians FOLLOW those writings anymore. Because they are not fit for modern day society. IT DOES NOT MEAN, in ANY way, that the religion is EVIL. sSubZerOo

:| Christians do this.. So does every religion out there fitting into a first would country thats democratically controlled.. And yeah for a lack of a better way to say it.. We do know better today then we did centuries ago where will killed people for being heretics, witches or other such things.. People can choose what they want to believe in.

As I said to the last guy who didn't have a clue: 'Except that Christians and Jews aren't obliged by their religion to believe that their holy books are the word of God. Try again.'
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]On what basis can a Muslim turn around and say to God, 'actually, I don't think your revealed word is fit for modern society - we know better now'?dromiceiomimus

Except that Christians and Jews aren't obliged by their religion to believe that their holy books are the word of God. Try again.

...Yyyyyyes. They are, actually. :|
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]On what basis can a Muslim turn around and say to God, 'actually, I don't think your revealed word is fit for modern society - we know better now'?dromiceiomimus

Uhhh, yeah, they are.

dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 dromiceiomimus

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

Uhhh, yeah, they are.

Oh? Care to show me the Christian statement of faith, claming that the Bible is God's word?
-Y2J-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 -Y2J-
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts
[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="-Y2J-"] Just to add that those honour killivs are not religious, I come from the group that always has these problem ( Pakistani and Muslim) honour killings is not a islamic thng because theyhappen in south Asia including India and Sri Lanka, hear are cultural issues, it's similar to female genital mutilation which people think is an iamic thing but its really an African cultural tradition. What a lot of people assume are problems or issues with Islam are really cultural tradition of hose countires bfiremislam that still exist. If you have more questions I'm happy to answer the

Isn't it an interesting coincidence that these cultural issues arise almost exclusively in Islamic culture? Shocking, really.

It's not really a coincidence I mean I know what your saying but that's how it is, I'm jus trying to clear up some misinformation. Here is a family down he street from me who are White British and full Muslim converts and they culturally are English, the things I listed would be alien to them as that's not part of their culture or tradition. Don't just think Muslims are from south Asia or Arabs. Hey in man countires and are different people, Chinese Muslims will act Chinese and Mexican Muslims are still culturally Mexican and so forth, this is important to remember
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 Verge_6
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]Except that Christians and Jews aren't obliged by their religion to believe that their holy books are the word of God. Try again.dromiceiomimus

Uhhh, yeah, they are.

Oh? Care to show me the Christian statement of faith, claming that the Bible is God's word?

2 Timothy 3:15-17; "from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work"
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 Asim90

[QUOTE="Asim90"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]I and almost everyone else use it to mean dislike of the Jewish race. dromiceiomimus

Lol. As you wish; dislike of the semitic race, then. Either way, I don't look down on people for being of semitic racial origins, so your point is moot. Off you go, now.

I find it hilarious that you are trying to dismiss me like I haven't thrown you off your pedestal, maybe because you didn't expect your ignorance to blow up in your own face? The point is, not all semites are jews, so to say that antisemitism is anti-jewish is wrong. Many muslims are semites and you are clearly anti-muslim, so by definition you are a anti-semitic hypocrite. Now off you go.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]Except that Christians and Jews aren't obliged by their religion to believe that their holy books are the word of God. Try again.dromiceiomimus

Uhhh, yeah, they are.

Dude, you're just being damned ignorant now.

dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 dromiceiomimus
[QUOTE="Verge_6"] 2 Timothy 3:15-17; "from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work"

Except that that verse is only God-breathed if it's true, and thus if a Christian does not believe that the verse is true, then they are not obliged to believe that the Bible is God-breathed.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 Verge_6
[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="Verge_6"] 2 Timothy 3:15-17; "from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work"

Except that that verse is only God-breathed if it's true, and thus if a Christian does not believe that the verse is true, then they are not obliged to believe that the Bible is God-breathed.

I'm pretty sure the verse in question automatically destroys that feeble attempt of a rebuttal.
dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 dromiceiomimus

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="Asim90"] Which is completely wrong. Why can't you comprehend that? Stop being ignorant and just accept it. Antisemitism isn't just antijewish. That's a fallacy created by the media and is constantly used by hypocrites like yourself, and it's incredibly frustrating.Asim90

I find it hilarious that you are trying to dismiss me like I haven't thrown you off your pedestal, maybe because you didn't expect your ignorance to blow up in your own face? The point is, not all semites are jews, so to say that antisemitism is anti-jewish is wrong. Many muslims are semites and you are clearly anti-muslim, so by definition you are a anti-semitic hypocrite. Now off you go.

Cute. But of course antisemitism IS anti-Jewish, because the Jews are a subset of the semites.
dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 dromiceiomimus
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="Verge_6"] 2 Timothy 3:15-17; "from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work"

I'm pretty sure the verse in question automatically destroys that feeble attempt of a rebuttal.

If and only if it's true. You don't really understand the logical issues entailed by self-reference, do you?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

As I said to the last guy who didn't have a clue: 'Except that Christians and Jews aren't obliged by their religion to believe that their holy books are the word of God. Try again.'

... Yes they are.. :| You ask a extremist on either of those religions and they will say their book is the word of god..

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]Except that that verse is only God-breathed if it's true, and thus if a Christian does not believe that the verse is true, then they are not obliged to believe that the Bible is God-breathed.dromiceiomimus

If and only if it's true. You don't really understand the logical issues entailed by self-reference, do you?

You've been repeatedly proven wrong since you started posting in this thread. No amount of hackneyed observations is going to change that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="Asim90"] Which is completely wrong. Why can't you comprehend that? Stop being ignorant and just accept it. Antisemitism isn't just antijewish. That's a fallacy created by the media and is constantly used by hypocrites like yourself, and it's incredibly frustrating.Asim90

Also to note.. Semitic is a definition of their language group.. Hebrew and Arabic are in the semitic language tree... Though it could be argued that antisemitism was directed towards Jews.. It was coined based upon the Nazi Regime's hatred.. Because if we were take it literally it could mean that you do not favor those languages, not necessarly the people that speak them.