Santa banned from school because of Muslims

This topic is locked from further discussion.

htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

Is anyone really suprised, if I here anything about a religion demanding special rights I can guess it will be islam.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

You just might wannaconsideractuallylooking instead of being laughably contrarian, as per usual.

jwsoul

So, apparently, the family simply asked for an alternative activity to be offered for their children, not for Santa to be banned. Looks like the issue here is with the school board, not Muslims.

Hmm Thanks for that general opinion remains unchanged tho. More tolerance from Muslims would not go amiss.

There are Christians who have taken similar issue with Santa, but it's not intolerance when they do it huh?

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#153 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

Because of people like this, there will be no holidays in the future. They throw a temper because they don't get their way. They can make their child stay home and opt out, thats what my mom did for me at this Global Warming convention, in which they forced the students to go to and they forced participation in the audience. I'd rather do work, thank you. But instead of Destroying the fun for everyone, i told my parents and they let me stay home.

What holiday will be next? They already ruined the celebration of Christmas. Independence day? New Years? Soon they only be allowed to celebrated at home. Then once people complain that one house is being too loud; its gone.

bbkkristian

How was Christmas ruined? It seems as widely celebrated and popular as always.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]It takes some impressive intellectual gymnastics to suggest that a passage advocating the subjugation of all non-Muslims beneath an Islamic state is a self-defence measure; bravo, sir!dromiceiomimus
That's your (incorrect) interpretation. Cultural context > your previously held bigotry.

Oh? And how does cultural context excuse barbarism like this? Enlighten me.

Do you view the Christian faith and its followers as "barbaric" too?

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#155 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts

[QUOTE="jwsoul"]

[QUOTE="DarkGamer007"]

No I don't because I'm not a bigot. :| Yout are judging all mulsiums based upon a few examples. Do Christians limit free speech and freedom of will and are ignorant racists because of the Westboro Baptist Church? Do all Jews have big noeses too? Do all American Indians wear headdresses? You cannot judge a group of individuals like they way you did. :|

chessmaster1989

Regardless of IGNORANCE lol its a simple fact that Muslims do not tolerate other faiths.

What are you talking about. Quite literally every Muslim I know is tolerant of other faiths. Couldn't say the same about every Christian or every atheist that I know.

Not all Muslims i have known are simple as that just because EVERYONE you met is dosent mean they all are. Dude COME ON your being a bit i dunno how to put it well baring your head. What about that woman a Christian who offered water to some Muslim woman. They began abusing her and said they wouldnt drink water from a filthy Christian etc etc they then went on to report to the authorities! She stands to be executed depending on appeal........ Plenty of evidence to back my claim to be ho9nest just check the Net and yeah your correct about the other faiths as well.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#156 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="Gaming-Planet"]

Santa has nothing to do with religion. Ignorance.

jwsoul
Modern day santa doesn't i guess, seeing as Coca Cola invented him. I'm pretty sure Santa is derived from St Nicolas though which is obviously a religious story, but these days heck, Christmas itself isn't even religious.

Lol Coca Cola did not invent Santa :D So many people think that i use to then i become enlightened.

I apologize, invent is the wrong word, but you know what i mean. Santa as we know him is derived from the depiction of him in coca cola ads. I realize that there was a santa prior to that. :P
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] Muslims are not Sikhs, Muslims have fought offensive wars

dromiceiomimus

So have Christians; doesn't mean the Bible doesn't have all that "do not kill" stuff in it.

Which is more than can be said for the Qur'an, might I add.

"And fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but be not aggressive. Surely Allah loves not the aggressors." (2:190)

"But if they desist, surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. And fight them until there is no persecution." (2:192, 193)

"And if they incline to peace, incline thou also to it, and trust in Allah. Surely He is the Hearer, the Knower." (8:61)

"Allah forbids you not respecting those who fight you not for religion, nor drive you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly. Surely Allah loves the doers of justice." (60:8)

You were saying?

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="jwsoul"] Not all Muslims i have known are simple as that just because EVERYONE you met is dosent mean they all are. Dude COME ON your being a bit i dunno how to put it well baring your head. What about that woman a Christian who offered water to some Muslim woman. They began abusing her and said they wouldnt drink water from a filthy Christian etc etc they then went on to report to the authorities! She stands to be executed depending on appeal........ Plenty of evidence to back my claim to be ho9nest just check the Net and yeah your correct about the other faiths as well.

Question: Is that because of muslism, or because of brutal theocratic dictatorships? Think about it.
jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 jwsoul

[QUOTE="jwsoul"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

So, apparently, the family simply asked for an alternative activity to be offered for their children, not for Santa to be banned. Looks like the issue here is with the school board, not Muslims.

worlock77

Hmm Thanks for that general opinion remains unchanged tho. More tolerance from Muslims would not go amiss.

There are Christians who have taken similar issue with Santa, but it's not intolerance when they do it huh?

Oh yeah nice try lol like i care. i am referring to the fact that in modern society and by todays standards Muslims are the least tolerant of the faiths or main faiths that i know of.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#161 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="jwsoul"]

[QUOTE="DarkGamer007"]

No I don't because I'm not a bigot. :| Yout are judging all mulsiums based upon a few examples. Do Christians limit free speech and freedom of will and are ignorant racists because of the Westboro Baptist Church? Do all Jews have big noeses too? Do all American Indians wear headdresses? You cannot judge a group of individuals like they way you did. :|

chessmaster1989

Regardless of IGNORANCE lol its a simple fact that Muslims do not tolerate other faiths.

What are you talking about. Quite literally every Muslim I know is tolerant of other faiths. Couldn't say the same about every Christian or every atheist that I know.

and the most tolerant person i know, excluding my modest self, is a close friend who converted away from islam. just about everyone else i know of all creeds has some level of bias when it comes to their religious stances. im of the opinion that you can do whatever as long as it does not interfere with my life.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] lets not shift blame here you are saying that passage is solely intended to be a justification for defensive murder.surrealnumber5

What?

the ending of anothers life.

In self-defense. Are you saying that's immoral?
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#163 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

[QUOTE="jwsoul"] Regardless of IGNORANCE lol its a simple fact that Muslims do not tolerate other faiths.

jwsoul

Not all Muslims i have known are simple as that just because EVERYONE you met is dosent mean they all are. Dude COME ON your being a bit i dunno how to put it well baring your head. What about that woman a Christian who offered water to some Muslim woman. They began abusing her and said they wouldnt drink water from a filthy Christian etc etc they then went on to report to the authorities! She stands to be executed depending on appeal........ Plenty of evidence to back my claim to be ho9nest just check the Net and yeah your correct about the other faiths as well.

You said "its a simple fact that Muslims do not tolerate other faiths," I was simply pointing out you were wrong. Of course I know that there are Muslims who are intolerant of other people's religions.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"] What?

Theokhoth

the ending of anothers life.

im saying that your interpretation of the passage has not been followed at all and therefore is wrong.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="DarkGamer007"]

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]Oh? And how does cultural context excuse barbarism like this? Enlighten me.dromiceiomimus

Do you view the Christian faith and its followers as "barbaric" too?

I view the Bible as barbaric, and some parts of it as even more vile than the Quran. The same goes for anyone who believes that the Bible is God's word.

As if you've read the Bible or the Qur'An, rather than some selectively chosen website quotes.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] the ending of anothers life. surrealnumber5

im saying that your interpretation of the passage has not been followed at all and therefore is wrong.

Has not been followed at all? The Muslims in my area aren't trying to convert me. :| It was followed by the very first Muslims, quite well, in fact.
dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 dromiceiomimus
Member since 2010 • 113 Posts
Theokhoth
Not seeing any 'do not kill' there - and one can also see rather a lot of 'do kill' once we reach the subject of - say - adulterers. By the way, if you're going to use the 'cultural context' justification, then presumably you'll allow me the same privilege: might I point out that in general the more tolerant verses of the Quran were written during a period during which the Islamic cult was weak, and when aggression against other tribes would have been suicide? Just a thought.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="jwsoul"] Hmm Thanks for that general opinion remains unchanged tho. More tolerance from Muslims would not go amiss. jwsoul

Oh yeah nice try lol like i care. i am referring to the fact that in modern society and by todays standards Muslims are the least tolerant of the faiths or main faiths that i know of.

That's swell. Now what does that have to do with the topic at hand?

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 jwsoul
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="jwsoul"] Not all Muslims i have known are simple as that just because EVERYONE you met is dosent mean they all are. Dude COME ON your being a bit i dunno how to put it well baring your head. What about that woman a Christian who offered water to some Muslim woman. They began abusing her and said they wouldnt drink water from a filthy Christian etc etc they then went on to report to the authorities! She stands to be executed depending on appeal........ Plenty of evidence to back my claim to be ho9nest just check the Net and yeah your correct about the other faiths as well.

Question: Is that because of muslism, or because of brutal theocratic dictatorships? Think about it.

The Dictatorship is following the book to the word..... Its how the religion the writing is interpreted and it dose not change the fact it happened. She is up for execution because she apparently spoke badly of the religion...... So where's the tolerance in that? One example granted but it is that bad and worse. I grew up with a guy called Jeff well that's his short name the real name is a bit complicated. Anyhow he was my Taxi Driver to School back in the day and he was Muslim great guy oh and his wife. Im not implying this is the case for all Muslims but generally in Muslim dominated countries i am yet to hear of much acceptance of other cultures and views.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Ninja-Hippo
Y'know there was originally passages in the bible where Jesus struck a kid down dead for throwing sticks in a pool of water he was sitting by, and another where a crowd of people knocked into him so he made them all blind. They were removed by the church. The point being; dont get so caught up on scripture. It was written thousands of years ago and all....
dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 dromiceiomimus
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"] As if you've read the Bible or the Qur'An, rather than some selectively chosen website quotes.

As presumptuous as you ever were, I see.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"] In self-defense. Are you saying that's immoral?Theokhoth

Has not been followed at all? The Muslims in my area aren't trying to convert me. :| It was followed by the very first Muslims, quite well, in fact.

if that were the interpretation that was correct it would have been followed by all devout muslims, but since states and holy men that subscribe to that faith have not followed that interpretation, i cant see how you deem it valid over historical president
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 -Big_Red-
Member since 2006 • 7230 Posts
That's just stupid. And THIS IS AMERICA DAMNIT:x:evil: !!!!! I WANT SANTA:o!!!!!!
jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 jwsoul

[QUOTE="jwsoul"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

I dunno but its certainly SWELL. What on earth has your comment got todo with anything apart from trying to be clever? lol i mean god its relevant because this is about modern society trying to integrate with the Muslim faith isnt it obvious. Im just stating my point of view wrong or not im willing to listen and be corrected if someone feels im spouting rubbish.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]dromiceiomimus
Not seeing any 'do not kill' there - and one can also see rather a lot of 'do kill' once we reach the subject of - say - adulterers. By the way, if you're going to use the 'cultural context' justification, then presumably you'll allow me the same privilege: might I point out that in general the more tolerant verses of the Quran were written during a period during which the Islamic cult was weak, and when aggression against other tribes would have been suicide? Just a thought.

I bet you believe the Qur'An orders adulterers stoned, too. Good interpretation, except the other tribes were already attacking the Muslims since before the Qur'An was even finished.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="jwsoul"] The Dictatorship is following the book to the word..... Its how the religion the writing is interpreted and it dose not change the fact it happened. She is up for execution because she apparently spoke badly of the religion...... So where's the tolerance in that? One example granted but it is that bad and worse. I grew up with a guy called Jeff well that's his short name the real name is a bit complicated. Anyhow he was my Taxi Driver to School back in the day and he was Muslim great guy oh and his wife. Im not implying this is the case for all Muslims but generally in Muslim dominated countries i am yet to hear of much acceptance of other cultures and views.

No they aren't though. The book goes on and on and on about peace and forgiveness plenty of times. You realize that the middle east only accounts for about 20 percent of the world's muslims? How come all the others aren't subjugating women and living under oppression? It has nothing to do with the religion and all to do with the dictators who oppress people using Islam as their tool. You realize Iran wasn't always a theocracy, right?
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Ninja-Hippo

if that were the interpretation that was correct it would have been followed by all devout muslims surrealnumber5

Say what? Devout religious followers get their own faith horribly wrong all the time.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] im saying that your interpretation of the passage has not been followed at all and therefore is wrong.

surrealnumber5

if that were the interpretation that was correct it would have been followed by all devout muslims, but since states and holy men that subscribe to that faith have not followed that interpretation, i cant see how you deem it valid over historical president

States like Saudi Arabia haven't followed the Qur'An for years. What holy men have not followed this interpretation?

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 worlock77

Y'know there was originally passages in the bible where Jesus struck a kid down dead for throwing sticks in a pool of water he was sitting by, and another where a crowd of people knocked into him so he made them all blind. They were removed by the church. The point being; dont get so caught up on scripture. It was written thousands of years ago and all....Ninja-Hippo

The whole "removed from the Bible" thing is a bit inaccurate. The Bible itself is pretty well unchanged from when its cannon was established. While it's true that there were many Jewish and Christian texts in that time none were removed from the Bible as they were never in the Bible itself in the first place.

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 jwsoul
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Y'know there was originally passages in the bible where Jesus struck a kid down dead for throwing sticks in a pool of water he was sitting by, and another where a crowd of people knocked into him so he made them all blind. They were removed by the church. The point being; dont get so caught up on scripture. It was written thousands of years ago and all....

Im not I am referring to the people following the scripture. None the less i aint saying anyone's better than anyone else i cant stand Christianity or any of them to be honest so yeah lets just get that out there so no one perceives me as some mega Christian.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="DarkGamer007"]So your rebutal to me saying you cannot stereotype people like the way you did is a red herring about a spelling mistake? :? Second of all I doubt that is in the Koran, never read it and I doubt you have aswell. My point still stands you cannot stereotype a large body of people like you did.Theokhoth
Oh no, my amusement about your rubbish spelling was purely an aside. Secondly, I have read large chunks of the Qur'an, and I can assure you it's there. Specifically, verse 9:29, which states (Pickthal's translation): 'Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.' Perhaps you should get your facts right before you start pulling things out of your ass about books you've never read.

You ARE aware that this was during a time when the Muslims, a new religious sect, was being attacked by the Roman Empire AND the Jews AND the polytheist Arabs, yes? The rest of the Qur'An is about fighting only in self defense (which you ignored) and not overstepping your bounds (also ignored).

So the Qur'an provides contradicting messages? :?

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Y'know there was originally passages in the bible where Jesus struck a kid down dead for throwing sticks in a pool of water he was sitting by, and another where a crowd of people knocked into him so he made them all blind. They were removed by the church. The point being; dont get so caught up on scripture. It was written thousands of years ago and all....worlock77

The whole "removed from the Bible" thing is a bit inaccurate. The Bible itself is pretty well unchanged from when its cannon was established. While it's true that there were many Jewish and Christian texts in that time none were removed from the Bible as they were never in the Bible itself in the first place.

It was a gospel, it was widely circulated, and when the church decided what should go in the bible and what shouldn't they cut it out.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="jwsoul"] Oh yeah nice try lol like i care. i am referring to the fact that in modern society and by todays standards Muslims are the least tolerant of the faiths or main faiths that i know of. jwsoul

I dunno but its certainly SWELL. What on earth has your comment got todo with anything apart from trying to be clever? lol i mean god its relevant because this is about modern society trying to integrate with the Muslim faith isnt it obvious. Im just stating my point of view wrong or not im willing to listen and be corrected if someone feels im spouting rubbish.

My comments have been directly in response to articles about the topic we're discussing.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Theokhoth
"Do not take life, which Allah has made sacred, except through justice and the law. He orders this so that you may acquire wisdom" (6:151) "Do not take life, which Allah has made sacred, except for a just cause. If anyone is killed unjustly, We allow his heir (to seek justice) but do not allow him to exceed bounds when it comes to taking life, for he is helped (by the law)" (17:33). "Because of this, we decreed for the Children of Israel that anyone who murders any person who had not committed murder or horrendous crimes, it shall be as if he murdered all the people. And anyone who spares a life, it shall be as if he spared the lives of all the people. Our messengers went to them with clear proofs and revelations, but most of them, after all this, are still transgressing. (5:32)"
dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 dromiceiomimus
[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]Theokhoth

I bet you believe the Qur'An orders adulterers stoned, too. Good interpretation, except the other tribes were already attacking the Muslims since before the Qur'An was even finished.

Oh no, that's just many of the hadith. I'm aware that the Quran - pillar of moderation that it is - merely orders that the adulterers be flogged a hundred stripes. Does cultural context excuse that too, by the way? Oh, and I'm well aware that other tribes were attacking the Muslims while the Qur'an was being written. It's just that only when the later verses were written did Muhammad's hideous desert cult have the power to actually win.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"] Has not been followed at all? The Muslims in my area aren't trying to convert me. :| It was followed by the very first Muslims, quite well, in fact.Theokhoth

States like Saudi Arabia haven't followed the Qur'An for years. What holy men have not followed this interpretation?

if you would like i could do a few quick google searches, but any holy man who has ever advocated attacking anyone ever in history. if you want names there are many out there just from the last 10 years and lets not forget the first sacking of Jerusalem was offensive
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="jwsoul"][QUOTE="DarkGamer007"]No I don't because I'm not a bigot. :| Yout are judging all mulsiums based upon a few examples. Do Christians limit free speech and freedom of will and are ignorant racists because of the Westboro Baptist Church? Do all Jews have big noeses too? Do all American Indians wear headdresses? You cannot judge a group of individuals like they way you did. :|chessmaster1989

Let's just agree that there are good Muslims and bad Muslims, just like with every other faith.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]Not seeing any 'do not kill' there - and one can also see rather a lot of 'do kill' once we reach the subject of - say - adulterers. By the way, if you're going to use the 'cultural context' justification, then presumably you'll allow me the same privilege: might I point out that in general the more tolerant verses of the Quran were written during a period during which the Islamic cult was weak, and when aggression against other tribes would have been suicide? Just a thought.dromiceiomimus

Oh no, that's just many of the hadith. I'm aware that the Quran - pillar of moderation that it is - merely orders that the adulterers be flogged a hundred stripes. Does cultural context excuse that too, by the way? Oh, and I'm well aware that other tribes were attacking the Muslims while the Qur'an was being written. It's just that only when the later verses were written did Muhammad's hideous desert cult have the power to actually win.

And the hundred stripes aren't these vicious public slayings you picture in your mind, either. Muhammad's "desert cult" was winning wars well into the third Surah, such as the battle of Uhud and the battle of Badr.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Y'know there was originally passages in the bible where Jesus struck a kid down dead for throwing sticks in a pool of water he was sitting by, and another where a crowd of people knocked into him so he made them all blind. They were removed by the church. The point being; dont get so caught up on scripture. It was written thousands of years ago and all....Ninja-Hippo

It was a gospel, it was widely circulated, and when the church decided what should go in the bible and what shouldn't they cut it out.

Right, but it was never in the Bible so it couldn't have been removed from the Bible. It might sound like I'm being pedantic, but it's an important point I think. I see a lot of "removed from the Bible" stuff thrown around and it implies that the Bible has been altered willy-nilly throughout the centuries, and that's simply not the case at all. Since Biblical cannon was established it has remained largely unchanged save for the difference between Catholic and Protestant cannon.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]
if that were the interpretation that was correct it would have been followed by all devout muslims Ninja-Hippo

Say what? Devout religious followers get their own faith horribly wrong all the time.

and i would not defend them, your point?

dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 dromiceiomimus
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]"Do not take life, which Allah has made sacred, except through justice and the law. He orders this so that you may acquire wisdom" (6:151) "Do not take life, which Allah has made sacred, except for a just cause. If anyone is killed unjustly, We allow his heir (to seek justice) but do not allow him to exceed bounds when it comes to taking life, for he is helped (by the law)" (17:33). "Because of this, we decreed for the Children of Israel that anyone who murders any person who had not committed murder or horrendous crimes, it shall be as if he murdered all the people. And anyone who spares a life, it shall be as if he spared the lives of all the people. Our messengers went to them with clear proofs and revelations, but most of them, after all this, are still transgressing. (5:32)"

HAHAHAHA. Not only is none of those a prohibition on killing ('do not take life except when it's right' implies quite clearly that killing is sometimes justified), but the last one is explicitly stated only to apply to the Jews (Children of Israel). Must try harder. Perhaps you should give up on your pathetic and un-Quranic quest to prove that the Quran takes a 'do not kill' stance.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] if that were the interpretation that was correct it would have been followed by all devout muslims, but since states and holy men that subscribe to that faith have not followed that interpretation, i cant see how you deem it valid over historical president surrealnumber5

if you would like i could do a few quick google searches, but any holy man who has ever advocated attacking anyone ever in history. if you want names there are many out there just from the last 10 years and lets not forget the first sacking of Jerusalem was offensive

Okay. They had the wrong interpretation then. Just like the Westboro Baptist Church, the Crusaders, the KKK and Al Qaeda. The fact that people got it wrong doesn't mean it's not how it is.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 worlock77

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]Not seeing any 'do not kill' there - and one can also see rather a lot of 'do kill' once we reach the subject of - say - adulterers. By the way, if you're going to use the 'cultural context' justification, then presumably you'll allow me the same privilege: might I point out that in general the more tolerant verses of the Quran were written during a period during which the Islamic cult was weak, and when aggression against other tribes would have been suicide? Just a thought.dromiceiomimus

There's stuff just as bad or worse in the Old Testament. Why does it make Islam a violent religion but for Jews and Christians it's no big deal?

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Ninja-Hippo

surrealnumber5
That this: "if that were the interpretation that was correct it would have been followed by all devout muslims " Obviously isn't true.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]"Do not take life, which Allah has made sacred, except through justice and the law. He orders this so that you may acquire wisdom" (6:151) "Do not take life, which Allah has made sacred, except for a just cause. If anyone is killed unjustly, We allow his heir (to seek justice) but do not allow him to exceed bounds when it comes to taking life, for he is helped (by the law)" (17:33). "Because of this, we decreed for the Children of Israel that anyone who murders any person who had not committed murder or horrendous crimes, it shall be as if he murdered all the people. And anyone who spares a life, it shall be as if he spared the lives of all the people. Our messengers went to them with clear proofs and revelations, but most of them, after all this, are still transgressing. (5:32)"

HAHAHAHA. Not only is none of those a prohibition on killing ('do not take life except when it's right' implies quite clearly that killing is sometimes justified), but the last one is explicitly stated only to apply to the Jews (Children of Israel). Must try harder. Perhaps you should give up on your pathetic and un-Quranic quest to prove that the Quran takes a 'do not kill' stance.

Applies only to Jews? You ARE aware that Islam stems from Judaism, right? You clearly are out of arguments. "HAHAHA" doesn't make you any more logical. ;)
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"] States like Saudi Arabia haven't followed the Qur'An for years. What holy men have not followed this interpretation?

Theokhoth

Okay. They had the wrong interpretation then. Just like the Westboro Baptist Church, the Crusaders, the KKK and Al Qaeda. The fact that people got it wrong doesn't mean it's not how it is.

if you want to say "my interpretation is the only correct one" you can do that and we can end this conversation, but historically your interpretation is just not how it is.

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 jwsoul
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="jwsoul"] The Dictatorship is following the book to the word..... Its how the religion the writing is interpreted and it dose not change the fact it happened. She is up for execution because she apparently spoke badly of the religion...... So where's the tolerance in that? One example granted but it is that bad and worse. I grew up with a guy called Jeff well that's his short name the real name is a bit complicated. Anyhow he was my Taxi Driver to School back in the day and he was Muslim great guy oh and his wife. Im not implying this is the case for all Muslims but generally in Muslim dominated countries i am yet to hear of much acceptance of other cultures and views.

No they aren't though. The book goes on and on and on about peace and forgiveness plenty of times. You realize that the middle east only accounts for about 20 percent of the world's muslims? How come all the others aren't subjugating women and living under oppression? It has nothing to do with the religion and all to do with the dictators who oppress people using Islam as their tool. You realize Iran wasn't always a theocracy, right?

Fair point :) None the less i stand by what i said. Thats a lot of people who are not tolerant you claim its the dictators i say its more todo with how the book and how its perceived and then preached to the masses.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

Ninja-Hippo
That this: "if that were the interpretation that was correct it would have been followed by all devout muslims " Obviously isn't true.

it is true but that is not how they interpreted it, no devout person willingly and knowingly craps all over their belief
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]"Do not take life, which Allah has made sacred, except through justice and the law. He orders this so that you may acquire wisdom" (6:151) "Do not take life, which Allah has made sacred, except for a just cause. If anyone is killed unjustly, We allow his heir (to seek justice) but do not allow him to exceed bounds when it comes to taking life, for he is helped (by the law)" (17:33). "Because of this, we decreed for the Children of Israel that anyone who murders any person who had not committed murder or horrendous crimes, it shall be as if he murdered all the people. And anyone who spares a life, it shall be as if he spared the lives of all the people. Our messengers went to them with clear proofs and revelations, but most of them, after all this, are still transgressing. (5:32)"dromiceiomimus

The quran does take a do not kill stance. The issue with the quran that many forget is that it was created during a period of constant warring between tribes and faiths. So it includes an awful lot about war and battle because that was going on daily.

Muhammad spelled out a method of war which included no killing of children or women, no executions, no torture, and the pursuit and acceptance of peace whenever possible. So to use any verses about war as if to say that Islam is a violent faith isn't really fair.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

Sooooo the one non-religious symbol of quite a religious holiday is what offended this family?