Santa banned from school because of Muslims

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jfisch93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#101 Jfisch93
Member since 2008 • 3557 Posts

Whatever happened to majority rules?

Disturbed123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Disturbed123
Member since 2005 • 1665 Posts

A Muslim family complained thus he was banned? sorry what a load of BS!

1) If the muslim parents are sending their kid to a school with various faiths, then they should be respecting what ever the school brings to them. If not, then GTFO

2) "Santa" always comes in primary schools for entertainment factor. Under no Islamic law does it say this is wrong.

3) I dont understand why they couldnt get just move the muslim students to another room without Santa.

Im a muslim and even I can say this is a horrific joke. Whats the worst taht could happen with Santa there, get candy? have fun with friends? These sumalian immigrants need to get with the times. Either that or people need to get a life and start getting REAL news. Typical press stiring to make muslims look bad.

Tommorows head line:

"Agnus Road not as clean due to a muslim dropping a coke can". You heard it first...

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

Jfisch93
that was tossed out well before i was born, and im etching closer to 30 every day
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

I see Free Republic. Yeah, I don't trust a single word that piece of crap site prints. Something else called Red, White and Blue News. Sure, that doesn't sound like they would have any sort of agenda at all. The blog linked to the the first post. This thread. That's 0 for 4 so far. Got a link to a real, credible news site?

surrealnumber5

You just might wannaconsideractuallylooking instead of being laughably contrarian, as per usual.

thats all radical right winged Jesus anti-Muslim propaganda

iknowright? Even the local newspapers from the town where the Santa ban went down...hell, ALL of Minnesota is in on it! :P
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="Verge_6"]

You just might wannaconsideractuallylooking instead of being laughably contrarian, as per usual.

Verge_6

thats all radical right winged Jesus anti-Muslim propaganda

iknowright? Even the local newspapers from the town where the Santa ban went down...hell, ALL of Minnesota is in on it! :P

they must be, they have at least one republican politician, when will the country learn? we have to ban these racist states from the union

Harkat95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106 Harkat95
Member since 2009 • 1139 Posts

This is why I hate "Political correctness". Changing something for everyone because of 1% of the population. Like at my school, Peanut butter and jelly is banned because there are TWO KIDS IN THE ENTIRE CLASS OUT OF 200 IS ALERGIC TO PEANUT BUTTER! So we ban peanut butter and peanuts for everyone.

It's stupid.

mr_poodles123
Wait, so you can't even bring peanut butter to school? How does that hurt the two kids?
thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#107 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

*sigh*

That blog is hardly the source of what's being discussed. In fact, it's late on reporting it by weeks.

Verge_6

I see Free Republic. Yeah, I don't trust a single word that piece of crap site prints. Something else called Red, White and Blue News. Sure, that doesn't sound like they would have any sort of agenda at all. The blog linked to the the first post. This thread. That's 0 for 4 so far. Got a link to a real, credible news site?

What I'm wondering here is how come BBC news isn't part of any of these sources? Or even CNN? MSNBC? Fox News? I'm just wondering, none of those names seem to be in the links.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

thattotally

What I'm wondering here is how come BBC news isn't part of any of these sources? Or even CNN? MSNBC? Fox News? I'm just wondering, none of those names seem to be in the links.

Maybe because it's not important enough to make national (let alone INTERnational) news? I'm pretty sure the fact that two of those links are from local newspapers from the town where the banning went down is enough validation...

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="mr_poodles123"]

This is why I hate "Political correctness". Changing something for everyone because of 1% of the population. Like at my school, Peanut butter and jelly is banned because there are TWO KIDS IN THE ENTIRE CLASS OUT OF 200 IS ALERGIC TO PEANUT BUTTER! So we ban peanut butter and peanuts for everyone.

It's stupid.

Harkat95
Wait, so you can't even bring peanut butter to school? How does that hurt the two kids?

you have to protect those two kids from the possible harm the other kids could do with the peanut butter
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

How typical of Muslims to crap all over everyone else's culture despite demanding that absolute respect is paid to their own.dromiceiomimus

Hurray for ignorance! /sarcasm :| Grow up and stop stereotyping people like that. :|

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#111 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts
How typical of Muslims to crap all over everyone else's culture despite demanding that absolute respect is paid to their own.dromiceiomimus
Well Said its getting very tiresome and needs to stop. So many examples of this in recent history as well pathetic it really is.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#112 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
The comments on that article make me sad for humanity.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
The comments on that article make me sad for humanity. Ninja-Hippo
Not just that article; in this very topic. . .
dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 dromiceiomimus
Member since 2010 • 113 Posts

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]How typical of Muslims to crap all over everyone else's culture despite demanding that absolute respect is paid to their own.DarkGamer007

Hurray for ignorance! /sarcasm :| Grow up and stop stereotyping people like that. :|

You don't think it's typical of Muslims to behave that way? Tell that to Jyllands-Posten.
Avatar image for BreakTheseLinks
BreakTheseLinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 BreakTheseLinks
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]That's a bunch of bull. This guy tries to do something nice for this kids in this program and a muslim family ruins it. Just put the muslim kids in a corner office or something while santa visits. Or have him visit during meditation time, they won't even notice he was there, just stop ruining the fun for the other kids. MrGeezer

Free speech and all.

They had a problem with Santa, so they complained.

So if I say I have a problem with them having a problem with Santa can I get them banned?
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DarkGamer007

[QUOTE="DarkGamer007"]

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]How typical of Muslims to crap all over everyone else's culture despite demanding that absolute respect is paid to their own.dromiceiomimus

You don't think it's typical of Muslims to behave that way? Tell that to Jyllands-Posten.

No I don't because I'm not a bigot. :| Yout are judging all mulsiums based upon a few examples. Do Christians limit free speech and freedom of will and are ignorant racists because of the Westboro Baptist Church? Do all Jews have big noeses too? Do all American Indians wear headdresses? You cannot judge a group of individuals like they way you did. :|

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
Thats crap, if you get offended to bad. US pushes for all this equality stuff but this is stupid. Unless santa forces his way into your house and forces you to sit on his lap this shouldn't bother you
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#118 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Santa has nothing to do with religion. Ignorance.

dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 dromiceiomimus

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="DarkGamer007"]

DarkGamer007

No I don't because I'm not a bigot. :| Yout are judging all mulsiums based upon a few examples. Do Christians limit free speech and freedom of will and are ignorant racists because of the Westboro Baptist Church? Do all Jews have big noeses too? Do all American Indians wear headdresses? You cannot judge a group of individuals like they way you did. :|

Firstly, lol 'mulsiums'. Secondly, I have every right to judge Muslims because of their religion. They have every right to believe that a book that demands the subjugation or execution of non-Muslims beneath an Islamic state is the word of God, and I have every right to judge them for that.
killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 killzonexbox
Member since 2010 • 3019 Posts

What ever happen to Religion freedom ??

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#121 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Jfisch93
Whatever happened to learn to accept others? Apparently people are still having a hard time. Religion beliefs have been altered so much it's not even funny anymore.
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 DarkGamer007

[QUOTE="DarkGamer007"]

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]You don't think it's typical of Muslims to behave that way? Tell that to Jyllands-Posten.dromiceiomimus

Firstly, lol 'mulsiums'. Secondly, I have every right to judge Muslims because of their religion. They have every right to believe that a book that demands the subjugation or execution of non-Muslims beneath an Islamic state is the word of God, and I have every right to judge them for that.

So your rebutal to me saying you cannot stereotype people like the way you did is a red herring about a spelling mistake? :? Second of all I doubt that is in the Koran, never read it and I doubt you have aswell. My point still stands you cannot stereotype a large body of people like you did.

BreakTheseLinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 BreakTheseLinks

Gaming-Planet
Religion aside I think it's crap that a few party poopers have the ability to ruin things for everyone else. The guy was trying to do something nice; it's not like his intentions were malicious.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Religion aside I think it's crap that a few party poopers have the ability to ruin things for everyone else. The guy was trying to do something nice; it's not like his intentions were malicious. BreakTheseLinks

There's nothing stopping the guy from dressing up like Santa and doing charitable work outside of the school.

Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#126 Solid_Snake325
Member since 2006 • 6091 Posts
Idiots. Santa has nothing to do with religion....this sort of growing sensitivity, political correctiveness in america makes me sick.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="Gaming-Planet"]

BreakTheseLinks
Religion aside I think it's crap that a few party poopers have the ability to ruin things for everyone else. The guy was trying to do something nice; it's not like his intentions were malicious.

he was going to let little kids sit on his lap, sounds like a dangerous child molester, thank god those bigots complained and saved our kids from that sodomite
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts
It's definitely within the family's rights to do so. However, most school boards are not entirely void of religious underpinnings, and I would hope that the family in question would, in their quest to provide a neutral environment, want to eliminate all religious underpinnings. No crosses worn, no hijabs worn, no ceremonial daggers, no Lord's Prayer, no praying whatsoever, in fact. No usage or recognition of any religious holiday, no usage of the word "holiday" as it refers to holiness. Etc. Etc. But you know, they probably don't. *shrug* They probably just want Santa gone, and that's it.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 MrGeezer

Idiots. Santa has nothing to do with religion....this sort of growing sensitivity, political correctiveness in america makes me sick.Solid_Snake325

The other parents can complain about Santa being removed...maybe then they'll bring Santa back.

BreakTheseLinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 BreakTheseLinks

[QUOTE="BreakTheseLinks"]Religion aside I think it's crap that a few party poopers have the ability to ruin things for everyone else. The guy was trying to do something nice; it's not like his intentions were malicious. MrGeezer

There's nothing stopping the guy from dressing up like Santa and doing charitable work outside of the school.

Yeah but still it just seems everyone is trying to so hard to appease all groups/religions that a lot of people are forgotten and crapped on in the process.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="DarkGamer007"]

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]Firstly, lol 'mulsiums'. Secondly, I have every right to judge Muslims because of their religion. They have every right to believe that a book that demands the subjugation or execution of non-Muslims beneath an Islamic state is the word of God, and I have every right to judge them for that.dromiceiomimus

So your rebutal to me saying you cannot stereotype people like the way you did is a red herring about a spelling mistake? :? Second of all I doubt that is in the Koran, never read it and I doubt you have aswell. My point still stands you cannot stereotype a large body of people like you did.

Oh no, my amusement about your rubbish spelling was purely an aside. Secondly, I have read large chunks of the Qur'an, and I can assure you it's there. Specifically, verse 9:29, which states (Pickthal's translation): 'Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.' Perhaps you should get your facts right before you start pulling things out of your ass about books you've never read.

You ARE aware that this was during a time when the Muslims, a new religious sect, was being attacked by the Roman Empire AND the Jews AND the polytheist Arabs, yes? The rest of the Qur'An is about fighting only in self defense (which you ignored) and not overstepping your bounds (also ignored).
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#132 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
ITT: ignorant Muslim bashing
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 DarkGamer007

[QUOTE="DarkGamer007"]

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]Firstly, lol 'mulsiums'. Secondly, I have every right to judge Muslims because of their religion. They have every right to believe that a book that demands the subjugation or execution of non-Muslims beneath an Islamic state is the word of God, and I have every right to judge them for that.dromiceiomimus

Oh no, my amusement about your rubbish spelling was purely an aside. Secondly, I have read large chunks of the Qur'an, and I can assure you it's there. Specifically, verse 9:29, which states (Pickthal's translation): 'Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.' Perhaps you should get your facts right before you start pulling things out of your ass about books you've never read.

And so it is in there from a quick google search, but I still fail to see how that relates to how Muslims act, or believe today or how it relates Muslims to your origonal statement. That passage from the Koran does not represent the beliefs of all Muslims, nor does it prove it okay for you to judge all muslims based upon that passage or a few examples of bad incidents. :|

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 MrGeezer

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

[QUOTE="BreakTheseLinks"]Religion aside I think it's crap that a few party poopers have the ability to ruin things for everyone else. The guy was trying to do something nice; it's not like his intentions were malicious. BreakTheseLinks

Yeah but still it just seems everyone is trying to so hard to appease all groups/religions that a lot of people are forgotten and crapped on in the process.

As long as people want different things, SOMEONE is gonna get "crapped on". I'm not saying that the school should or shouldn't have caved into that family's requests. I'm just saying that when you look through this thread and start paying attention to peoples' REASONS for why the Santa SHOULDN'T have been eliminated, then the standard reason is generally boiling down to nothing more than this...this outcome is bad because the minorities weren't the ones getting crapped on. That they didn't have the majority opinion, and therefore shouldn't have spoken up at all.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 surrealnumber5

Theokhoth

You ARE aware that this was during a time when the Muslims, a new religious sect, was being attacked by the Roman Empire AND the Jews AND the polytheist Arabs, yes? The rest of the Qur'An is about fighting only in self defense (which you ignored) and not overstepping your bounds (also ignored).

Muslims are not Sikhs, Muslims have fought offensive wars

dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 dromiceiomimus

DarkGamer007

And so it is in there from a quick google search, but I still fail to see how that relates to how Muslims act, or believe today or how it relates Muslims to your origonal statement. That passage from the Koran does not represent the beliefs of all Muslims, nor does it prove it okay for you to judge all muslims based upon that passage or a few examples of bad incidents. :|

Cute. No, I was well aware of the Jizya already. If a Muslim disagrees with that part of the Qur'an, I might wonder what motivates them to think they know better than God's message.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]Oh no, my amusement about your rubbish spelling was purely an aside. Secondly, I have read large chunks of the Qur'an, and I can assure you it's there. Specifically, verse 9:29, which states (Pickthal's translation): 'Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.' Perhaps you should get your facts right before you start pulling things out of your ass about books you've never read.surrealnumber5

So have Christians; doesn't mean the Bible doesn't have all that "do not kill" stuff in it.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#138 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

Gaming-Planet
Modern day santa doesn't i guess, seeing as Coca Cola invented him. I'm pretty sure Santa is derived from St Nicolas though which is obviously a religious story, but these days heck, Christmas itself isn't even religious.
dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 dromiceiomimus
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"] You ARE aware that this was during a time when the Muslims, a new religious sect, was being attacked by the Roman Empire AND the Jews AND the polytheist Arabs, yes? The rest of the Qur'An is about fighting only in self defense (which you ignored) and not overstepping your bounds (also ignored).

It takes some impressive intellectual gymnastics to suggest that a passage advocating the subjugation of all non-Muslims beneath an Islamic state is a self-defence measure; bravo, sir!
jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 jwsoul

DarkGamer007

Regardless of IGNORANCE lol its a simple fact that Muslims do not tolerate other faiths. You cant be one way and expect everyone to just be ok with it. Demanding or complaining about Santa is just ridiculous. Its not even religious for crying out loud ("Tho ST Nick") HMmMM Maybe it is i amunsure?. Like i stated above many many instances in the last year or so of concessions being made to Muslims. We the UK and America are trying to accommodate as are other countries and faiths. It dose not change the fact that a Church being built on Muslim soil is about as likely as pigs flying. Tolerance works both ways and this family has just completely overacted pathetic.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"] You ARE aware that this was during a time when the Muslims, a new religious sect, was being attacked by the Roman Empire AND the Jews AND the polytheist Arabs, yes? The rest of the Qur'An is about fighting only in self defense (which you ignored) and not overstepping your bounds (also ignored).Theokhoth

So have Christians; doesn't mean the Bible doesn't have all that "do not kill" stuff in it.

lets not shift blame here you are saying that passage is solely intended to be a justification for defensive murder.
dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 dromiceiomimus
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"] You ARE aware that this was during a time when the Muslims, a new religious sect, was being attacked by the Roman Empire AND the Jews AND the polytheist Arabs, yes? The rest of the Qur'An is about fighting only in self defense (which you ignored) and not overstepping your bounds (also ignored).Theokhoth

Which is more than can be said for the Qur'an, might I add.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

*sigh*

That blog is hardly the source of what's being discussed. In fact, it's late on reporting it by weeks.

Verge_6

So, apparently, the family simply asked for an alternative activity to be offered for their children, not for Santa to be banned. Looks like the issue here is with the school board, not Muslims.

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 jwsoul
[QUOTE="Gaming-Planet"]

Ninja-Hippo
Modern day santa doesn't i guess, seeing as Coca Cola invented him. I'm pretty sure Santa is derived from St Nicolas though which is obviously a religious story, but these days heck, Christmas itself isn't even religious.

Lol Coca Cola did not invent Santa :D So many people think that i use to then i become enlightened.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"] You ARE aware that this was during a time when the Muslims, a new religious sect, was being attacked by the Roman Empire AND the Jews AND the polytheist Arabs, yes? The rest of the Qur'An is about fighting only in self defense (which you ignored) and not overstepping your bounds (also ignored).

It takes some impressive intellectual gymnastics to suggest that a passage advocating the subjugation of all non-Muslims beneath an Islamic state is a self-defence measure; bravo, sir!

That's your (incorrect) interpretation. Cultural context > your previously held bigotry.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] Muslims are not Sikhs, Muslims have fought offensive wars

surrealnumber5

lets not shift blame here you are saying that passage is solely intended to be a justification for defensive murder.

What?

dromiceiomimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 dromiceiomimus
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"] You ARE aware that this was during a time when the Muslims, a new religious sect, was being attacked by the Roman Empire AND the Jews AND the polytheist Arabs, yes? The rest of the Qur'An is about fighting only in self defense (which you ignored) and not overstepping your bounds (also ignored).

That's your (incorrect) interpretation. Cultural context > your previously held bigotry.

Oh? And how does cultural context excuse barbarism like this? Enlighten me.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#148 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkGamer007"]

[QUOTE="dromiceiomimus"]You don't think it's typical of Muslims to behave that way? Tell that to Jyllands-Posten.jwsoul

Regardless of IGNORANCE lol its a simple fact that Muslims do not tolerate other faiths.

What are you talking about. Quite literally every Muslim I know is tolerant of other faiths. Couldn't say the same about every Christian or every atheist that I know.

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 jwsoul

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

So, apparently, the family simply asked for an alternative activity to be offered for their children, not for Santa to be banned. Looks like the issue here is with the school board, not Muslims.

Hmm Thanks for that general opinion remains unchanged tho. More tolerance from Muslims would not go amiss.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"] So have Christians; doesn't mean the Bible doesn't have all that "do not kill" stuff in it.Theokhoth

What?

the ending of anothers life.