Music and Satanist- A link in modern day

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jowell91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201 Jowell91
Member since 2007 • 555 Posts
Theres satanic messages in rap, Bone thugs and harmony, jay-z, pharoah monch, easy e, cypress hill, just to name a few,
MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#202 MichaelSoft
Member since 2006 • 207 Posts
All I know is black metal bands and fans look like and sound retarded. I could post a huge rant, but it's just simple enough to say black metal is horrible.Zaeryn
Im not demoting black metal in general but.. w00t finally someone not pro-satanist.. admit defeat fool.. u got no proof... edit: i ment the ranters
Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#203 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
[QUOTE="Zaeryn"]All I know is black metal bands and fans look like and sound retarded. I could post a huge rant, but it's just simple enough to say black metal is horrible.MichaelSoft
Im not demoting black metal in general but.. w00t finally someone not pro-satanist.. admit defeat fool.. u got no proof...

I do have proof. Simply look at images at black metal bands, read some lyrics, and watch and listen to a couple on youtube. That sums everything up.
MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 MichaelSoft
[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="Zaeryn"]All I know is black metal bands and fans look like and sound retarded. I could post a huge rant, but it's just simple enough to say black metal is horrible.Zaeryn
Im not demoting black metal in general but.. w00t finally someone not pro-satanist.. admit defeat fool.. u got no proof...

I do have proof. Simply look at images at black metal bands, read some lyrics, and watch and listen to a couple on youtube. That sums everything up.

not you that pro-satanist guy that ranted.. lol my bad
Laymsp0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#206 Laymsp0t
Member since 2007 • 219 Posts

BTW when i say support killing I mean just saying kill kill kill like death metal music. google it then, marilyn manson reverand of church of satan. You read the book.. wow.. the book of satan states that marilyn manson is a peaceful guy. RiiiiigghhhttMichaelSoft

...the book dosent even mention marilyn manson it was writtien in 1950 haha

how about you watch the interview i seen straight from the horses mouth, he was never apart of it. and in my experience, he seems like a peaceful guy. hes just trying to shock you to make money.

Laymsp0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Laymsp0t

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="Zaeryn"]All I know is black metal bands and fans look like and sound retarded. I could post a huge rant, but it's just simple enough to say black metal is horrible.Zaeryn

[QUOTE="Zaeryn"]All I know is black metal bands and fans look like and sound retarded. I could post a huge rant, but it's just simple enough to say black metal is horrible.MichaelSoft
Im not demoting black metal in general but.. w00t finally someone not pro-satanist.. admit defeat fool.. u got no proof... edit: i ment the ranters

yeah but black metal isnt satanist. theyre very militant anti-christians.

the black metal guys who burned down churches dont believe in satan, they beleive in the old gods of europe and use satan as a metaphor.

iMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 iMuffins
Member since 2006 • 2514 Posts

I'm not watching hours of a CHRISTIAN documentary. But all I'll say is people consider Maryln Manson "evil" yet he seems like a pretty nice guy.GettingTired

Exactly. If people would just stop accusing him of things he didn't have a part in(Columbine, anyone?) and looked at the meaning of the lyrics, they'd find that only a small portion of them have meanings related to Satanism. Just like with most bands.

Wait, do those people actually know what Satanism is about...?

Edit: For the record, Manson is a Reverend in the church of Satan, but he didn't ask for it, now does he take part in any activities related to it.

Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#209 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
[QUOTE="Zaeryn"][QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="Zaeryn"]All I know is black metal bands and fans look like and sound retarded. I could post a huge rant, but it's just simple enough to say black metal is horrible.MichaelSoft

not you that pro-satanist guy that ranted.. lol my bad

Ah, I see. No problem. I still stand by my comments though :) Black Metal is the worst quality of music I've ever heard. It takes less talent than rap, and that's pretty suprising. The lyrics usually related to necrophilia and Satan is pretty messed up too. And the apparent, "hardcore" sound, which is a guy grunting at the mic, fast guitaring, and the clicking of crappy drums. Not to mention all the bondage gear... I'd rather get AIDS and listen to Rick Astley than black metal.
Laymsp0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Laymsp0t

www.burzum.org - click on library and read the articles

this is one of the more militant men in the black metal scene who has been serving time in jail for burning churches and murder. This is proof that black metal has nothing to do with a christian ideaology like satan, nor modern satanism such as anton laveys teachings.

Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Golfer4Life
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"]BTW when i say support killing I mean just saying kill kill kill like death metal music. google it then, marilyn manson reverand of church of satan. You read the book.. wow.. the book of satan states that marilyn manson is a peaceful guy. RiiiiigghhhttLaymsp0t

how about you watch the interview i seen straight from the horses mouth, he was never apart of it. and in my experience, he seems like a peaceful guy. hes just trying to shock you to make money.

Again where is your proof it was a publicity stunt? You are JUST SPECULATING. I posted the l-i-n-k-s. You know what that is right? Plus even if by some miricle it was a publicity stunt, pretending you sexual assulted someone doesn't fit into the "I am a peaceful guy". Now does it? It's like asking to get shunned and booed at. Logic man. Oh and remember, links my friend, they are powerful tools.

Laymsp0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Laymsp0t
[QUOTE="Laymsp0t"]

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"]BTW when i say support killing I mean just saying kill kill kill like death metal music. google it then, marilyn manson reverand of church of satan. You read the book.. wow.. the book of satan states that marilyn manson is a peaceful guy. RiiiiigghhhttGolfer4Life

Again where is your proof it was a publicity stunt? You are JUST SPECULATING. I posted the l-i-n-k-s. You know what that is right? Plus even if by some miricle it was a publicity stunt, pretending you sexual assulted someone doesn't fit into the "I am a peaceful guy". Now does it? It's like asking to get shunned and booed at. Logic man. Oh and remember, links my friend, they are powerful tools.

a publicity stunt is supposed to be shocking. theres your proof. I never said he didnt do that. But off stage, mansons a pretty peaceful guy.

Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Golfer4Life
[QUOTE="Golfer4Life"][QUOTE="Laymsp0t"]

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"]BTW when i say support killing I mean just saying kill kill kill like death metal music. google it then, marilyn manson reverand of church of satan. You read the book.. wow.. the book of satan states that marilyn manson is a peaceful guy. RiiiiigghhhttLaymsp0t

How would you know this? Interviews? Plus, if he sexually assulted someone, yeah right he's sooo peaceful and innocent. Is Zaeryn and Micheals0ft the only ones with logic?

Laymsp0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Laymsp0t
[QUOTE="Laymsp0t"][QUOTE="Golfer4Life"][QUOTE="Laymsp0t"]

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"]BTW when i say support killing I mean just saying kill kill kill like death metal music. google it then, marilyn manson reverand of church of satan. You read the book.. wow.. the book of satan states that marilyn manson is a peaceful guy. RiiiiigghhhttGolfer4Life

How would you know this? Interviews? Plus, if he sexually assulted someone, yeah right he's sooo peaceful and innocent. Is Zaeryn and Micheals0ft the only ones with logic?

a publicity stunt is supposed to be shocking. theres your proof. I never said he didnt do that. But off stage, mansons a pretty peaceful guy.

why dont you write outside of the quote tree?

publicity stunts are supposed to be shocking, he makes his money that way. The same way people who make nuclear missiles might be peaceful. Get it? Logic?!?!?!?!?!?!??! ;)

Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Golfer4Life
[QUOTE="Golfer4Life"][QUOTE="Laymsp0t"][QUOTE="Golfer4Life"][QUOTE="Laymsp0t"]

why dont you write outside of the quote tree?

publicity stunts are supposed to be shocking, he makes his money that way. The same way people who make nuclear missiles might be peaceful. Get it? Logic?!?!?!?!?!?!??! ;)

Internet is getting laggy that's why. Where is the proof that it's a stunt??? Peaceful people make nuclear bombs? You're comparing peaches and pears! So he's peaceful yet he sexually assults someone? Seriously man! Someone argue w/ this thick-headed guy. I'm off to do something more important. Be back to argue later.

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 MichaelSoft

Publicity stunts are suppose to be shocking.. oh wow that makes it a fact that his sexual assualt is a publicity stunt? No. And about the manson in satan bible thing i was being SARCASTIC. I posted wikipedia infos on his drug addiction and you say wikipedia is crap and that you have the bible. WTF the bible gotta do with manson? your making up random stuff such as publicity stunt to try and defend his case and i never said manson effected colobine kids I said ghis music promotes drugs and whatnot.

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts

www.burzum.org - click on library and read the articles

this is one of the more militant men in the black metal scene who has been serving time in jail for burning churches and murder. This is proof that black metal has nothing to do with a christian ideaology like satan, nor modern satanism such as anton laveys teachings.

Laymsp0t

Norwegian Black Metal right? That **** is crazy.

First off, what is wrong with being Satanist? All it basically is is being human with reasonable limits for todays society. DO some serious research (neutral documentaries, the Satanic Bible, followers of Satanism) and you will find that it is being human with reasonable limits (like the child thing).

I'm sure the whole Subliminal Messbuyacokeaging deal has been arobuyacokeund longer than Black Metal has. You can go back in history to find where some nut (yes, believe it or not, people who we label as nuts or crazy after doing really stupid crap, are crazy all their lives. We just realize after they screw up.) may have saw a billboard and that billboard told him to kill his best friend and marry his wife. That may be the most extreme scenario out there, but I can guarentee you you can find stuff like that if you really do research into subliminal messaging.

I listen to metal; power metal mostly, but occasionally I go to the Metal Music channel and listen to what they have. If I can understand the band (which admittedly is hard, especially after understanding a Finnish band) I hear no traces of Satanic messages. The occasional "kill someone or smash some stuff" but no one in their right mind (a sane person) would go out and kill someone. Only those who have been crazy their entire lives will. Why? Because they might have no bearing on what they are doing. They might be easily influenced. I could go on and on about reasons why.

And making a jump to another subject which I think (with the current arguement) holds ground. What about video games? People call them murder simulations all the time. I have not felt the urge to go kill someone after playing Call of Duty 2. I have not felt the urge to pick up a longbow and shoot arrows at people after playing on my Ranger in Guild Wars. Why? I have self control. Not total self control, but I can stop myself from doing said things. Now, what about someone who is mentally unstable? What about Dylan and Eric? I'm not implying that they have been nuts their whole lives, but something may have triggered the thought process (besides the bullying) that we may never know. Pinning a scapegoat to a problem doesn't help.

Metal might not make you violent; games might not make you kill. This is bordering on paranoia my friend. And Wiki is never a reliable source.

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 MichaelSoft
WTF nuclears compare to his promotion of bad stuff?!?!? We have to advance in science so we created nuclear bombs, we have to survive attacks from other countries, its an advancement in science, we need them to survive. Whereas we dont need blackmetal's ranting of killing, blood, or drugs. GET IT?!?!?!? LOGIC?!?!?!??!
MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 MichaelSoft

lol funny KFC sig but anyways Im not dissing metal.. Im saying SOME bands, but apparently no one listens and they think im generalizing. Second video games arent as powerful as music, music is naturally more invocative since we had it way back during ancient times, its like a natural thing. Second no one is dumb enough to imitate games.. but you dont have to be dumb to be effected by music, it effects your sub conscience, something you wont realize since you have no control over it whereas games use conscience. And once again not all metal bands or metal listeners are bad, I have a friend who loves them and hes fine (except the music killed his ears!) I'm just saying vulnarable ppl can get effected. over time. without knwoing. not all.

non wiki links above from golfer4life and google it

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
lol funny KFC sig but anyways Im not dissing metal.. Im saying SOME bands, but apparently no one listens and they think im generalizing. Second video games arent as powerful as music, music is naturally more invocative since we had it way back during ancient times, its like a natural thing. Second no one is dumb enough to imitate games.. but you dont have to be dumb to be effected by music, it effects your sub conscience, something you wont realize since you have no control over it whereas games use conscience. And once again not all metal bands or metal listeners are bad, I have a friend who loves them and hes fine (except the music killed his ears!) I'm just saying vulnarable ppl can get effected. over time. without knwoing. not all.MichaelSoft
And the vulernable people are the nutcases. Those who may be normal people on the outside but have a few wires crossed. And who says video games can't affect the subconscience?
Laymsp0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Laymsp0t

WTF nuclears compare to his promotion of bad stuff?!?!? We have to advance in science so we created nuclear bombs, we have to survive attacks from other countries, its an advancement in science, we need them to survive. Whereas we dont need blackmetal's ranting of killing, blood, or drugs. GET IT?!?!?!? LOGIC?!?!?!??!MichaelSoft

nuclear bombs are essentially useless because even one will either destroy the planet or cause a total world war.

manson shocks, so he makes money. its pretty simple really.

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 MichaelSoft

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"]WTF nuclears compare to his promotion of bad stuff?!?!? We have to advance in science so we created nuclear bombs, we have to survive attacks from other countries, its an advancement in science, we need them to survive. Whereas we dont need blackmetal's ranting of killing, blood, or drugs. GET IT?!?!?!? LOGIC?!?!?!??!Laymsp0t

nuclear bombs are essentially useless because even one will either destroy the planet or cause a total world war.

Got proof hit was just a publicity stunt.. having a stunt like that doesnt make a guy nice, and nucklear bombs can wipe out a city not a planet. Theres a difference my friend. When nukes were first invented they were invented to help win wars. Manson is by no means nice. And to the KFC sig guy, yes thats what im getting at, some of these (SOME) music target vulnarable ppl with problems.

bout the games thing, games hasnt been around long, even back in ancient times music was used to provoke feelings.. its more then natural for it to provoke the highest of feelings today.

Laymsp0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Laymsp0t
[QUOTE="Laymsp0t"]

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"]WTF nuclears compare to his promotion of bad stuff?!?!? We have to advance in science so we created nuclear bombs, we have to survive attacks from other countries, its an advancement in science, we need them to survive. Whereas we dont need blackmetal's ranting of killing, blood, or drugs. GET IT?!?!?!? LOGIC?!?!?!??!MichaelSoft

Got proof hit was just a publicity stunt.. having a stunt like that doesnt make a guy nice, and nucklear bombs can wipe out a city not a planet. Theres a difference my friend. When nukes were first invented they were invented to help win wars. Manson is by no means nice. And to the KFC sig guy, yes thats what im getting at, some of these (SOME) music target vulnarable ppl with problems.

bout the games thing, games hasnt been around long, even back in ancient times music was used to provoke feelings.. its more then natural for it to provoke the highest of feelings today.

uh yeah I do have proof

he did it, and mtv publicized it... theres your proofwill you shut up now?

I personally think video games are a lot stronger than music, because of immersion. Music is strong, but does not offer a an alternative to reality. Stop being naive.

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 MichaelSoft
mtv publicising it is not a publicity stunt, if a famous artist has a sex offense of course theyd have it, dont be naive.. thats not proof.
Laymsp0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Laymsp0t

mtv publicising it is not a publicity stunt, if a famous artist has a sex offense of course theyd have it, dont be naive.. thats not proof.MichaelSoft

eh whatever, im involved in the music industry. I know how these things work.

if he did it in his own private life, then you would be right. but he did it on stage right? publicity stunt.

You're just a little kid whos on a conspiracy kick.

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 MichaelSoft

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"]mtv publicising it is not a publicity stunt, if a famous artist has a sex offense of course theyd have it, dont be naive.. thats not proof.Laymsp0t

eh whatever, im involved in the music industry. I know how these things work.

if he did it in his own private life, then you would be right. but he did it on stage right? publicity stunt.

You're just a little kid whos on a conspiracy kick.

if he did it on stage fine.. a guy pretending to have a sex offense isnt nice and if he was nice why promote drugs and such? If you dont believe in it dont promote it. Your a little manson fanboy.

ok ima go do some better things peace and love evryone (wtf am i talkin about..)

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

That music is trash anyway. I can't believe anyone even listens to it to begin with.

MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#229 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
I think im too stupid for my subconscience to grasp a hidden message that is only found by playing a song backwards
Laymsp0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Laymsp0t

That music is trash anyway. I can't believe anyone even listens to it to begin with.

UssjTrunks

ill give you that

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
Being more or less a Satanist, I can tell you there is no conspiracy by the Church of Satan or anyone affiliated with them to put backwards messages in music, much less be in "gothic" or "emo" bands.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 HandsomeDead
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts
I really do tire of reading religious debates, but really, anyone who believes in backmasking Satanic messages is a fool.
MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 MichaelSoft
original question was either you believed it or not. Also the subject has quickly changed to why music effect moods and why satanism isn't as good as it sounds on paper i.e making a man whom promotes violence and drugs to be a reverand thus representing how they truly feel. I do feel if you are vulnable you will get effected by the music, and for the score marilyn manson promotes drugs and violence. Its not a religous debate, i dont tend to bring up christianity, the other guy does.
CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 CptJSparrow
original question was either you believed it or not. Also the subject has quickly changed to why music effect moods and why satanism isn't as good as it sounds on paper i.e making a man whom promotes violence and drugs to be a reverand thus representing how they truly feel. I do feel if you are vulnable you will get effected by the music, and for the score marilyn manson promotes drugs and violence. Its not a religous debate, i dont tend to bring up christianity, the other guy does.MichaelSoft
Marilyn Manson does not promote drugs and violence. On the contrary. Furthermore you aren't qualified to make judgments on Satanism when you haven't tried it yourself.
Deathxcore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Deathxcore
Member since 2007 • 1786 Posts
Satanists are dumb. They just want to feel better about themselves by thinking they're smarter and superior to everyone else. It gives them an excuse to not have friends.
MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 MichaelSoft

In December 1996, a press conference was called by William J. Bennett, Senator Joseph Lieberman, and activist C. DeLores Tucker, aimed at MCA, the owner of Interscope Records. Calling several albums released by the label - including Antichrist Superstar - "profane," "violent," "filth," and "crap,"[13] the group questioned MCA president Edgar Bronfman, Jr.'s ability to head the label competently while profiting from such material. That November 6, U.S. Senate Subcommittee on Oversight of Government Management and Restructuring held a public hearing on the effect of violent rock and rap lyrics on youths

manson also had reports of sexual assualt, drug abuse, and giving his daughter cocaine.

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 CptJSparrow

In December 1996, a press conference was called by William J. Bennett, Senator Joseph Lieberman, and activist C. DeLores Tucker, aimed at MCA, the owner of Interscope Records. Calling several albums released by the label - including Antichrist Superstar - "profane," "violent," "filth," and "crap,"[13] the group questioned MCA president Edgar Bronfman, Jr.'s ability to head the label competently while profiting from such material. That November 6, U.S. Senate Subcommittee on Oversight of Government Management and Restructuring held a public hearing on the effect of violent rock and rap lyrics on youths

manson also had reports of sexual assualt, drug abuse, and giving his daughter cocaine.

MichaelSoft
1. Antichrist Superstar is a parody of Jesus Christ Superstar and has nothing to do with violence. 2. Marilyn Manson doesn't have a child, much less a daughter. 3. Marilyn Manson always advocates words instead of violence. He sees the latter as stupidity. 4. You side with the judgment of a Christian senator in the interpretation of Manson's lyrics?:lol: 5. There is no 5.
CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 CptJSparrow
I'm out for about two hours soon...here's a link with Marilyn Manson's thoughts on the subject: Bill O'Reilly interviews Marilyn Manson circa 2001
MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 MichaelSoft

he WAS filed for sexual assualt.. plus interviews are ways of masking yourself

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 CptJSparrow

MichaelSoft
Where did I deny that he was? Like it or not, that interview is the honest truth about Marilyn Manson.
PickGlove243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 PickGlove243
Member since 2007 • 3144 Posts

MichaelSoft

He rubbed his balls against a guards head as a joke....it's not like he raped a woman on the street or anything.

Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Golfer4Life
[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="Laymsp0t"]

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"]WTF nuclears compare to his promotion of bad stuff?!?!? We have to advance in science so we created nuclear bombs, we have to survive attacks from other countries, its an advancement in science, we need them to survive. Whereas we dont need blackmetal's ranting of killing, blood, or drugs. GET IT?!?!?!? LOGIC?!?!?!??!Laymsp0t

uh yeah I do have proof

he did it, and mtv publicized it... theres your proofwill you shut up now?

I personally think video games are a lot stronger than music, because of immersion. Music is strong, but does not offer a an alternative to reality. Stop being naive.

First off, once again, I would like to say I am NOT an ant-Satanist. What they preach is an extent of individualism andexistantialism. I would just like to comment on ignorent people like Laymsp0t, whom would defend Marilyn Manson with his life. Publicity stunt? No, it's your own words against everyone elses. Got it? It is weird though; if he doesn't promote violence he shouldn't sing it. If I don't promote KKK, my sig shouldn't say "KKK all teh way.". And in a simple interview I can defend myself; mask myself from the person I really am. Okay that's it guys, I'll be gone foor like 3 hours.

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 CptJSparrow
Songs that are clearly misinterpreted.;)
Funereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Funereal
Member since 2006 • 530 Posts
[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"][QUOTE="ff7fan2"][QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]

[QUOTE="ff7fan2"]I guess you wouldn't be too fond of my brother then...oh wait, he doesn't listen to death metal...I forgot that. :roll:
GodLovesDead

I understand your message not, but what does death metal have to do with anything?

I was mainly basing that portion of it towards the end of X360PS3AMD05's post.

Again, what does DM have to do with anything? I said Black Metal.....

Black metal isn't satan either. Gimmicky bands are Satanists.

Would you say that Gorgoroth is a gimmicky band? To me a band isnt playing black metal if they aren't in some way conveying a satanic message, regardless of how the music sounds.