Music and Satanist- A link in modern day

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 MichaelSoft
Member since 2006 • 207 Posts

http://video.google.com/videosearch?um=1&tab=wv&ie=UTF-8&rls=SUNA%2CSUNA%3A2006-49%2CSUNA%3Aen&q=they%20sold%20their%20souls%20to%20rock%20n%27%20roll

Satanist have contacted and linked with stupid emo and gothic bands. They use backmasking to put hidden messages into your mind and use propaganda to convert people. Backmasking is basically putting hidden messages into music, when played backwards the message is revealed. Your conscience doesn't know it but your subconscience does.

I hate satanist.

What do you guys think.

More info on wiki and whatnot.

rrric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 rrric
Member since 2003 • 2408 Posts

i dont care because im an atheist

Wslacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wslacker
Member since 2003 • 2696 Posts

Most people on these forums will not care. To them, anything related to spiritual things is bunk. As a matter of fact, must people in life you meet will not care. As a matter of fact, rumors of backmasking are nothing new. Such accuzations were made of Ozzy, ACDC , and the like 20 odd years ago. I have no proof that backmasking or hidden messages in records played backwards exist.

I am a Believer, very much so. But, I believe there are much more pressing problems than JUST records being played backwards.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I hate no one, Satanism is interesting. Backmasking is BS in my view, the lyrics in Black Metal are clearly Satanic :lol:
Avatar image for supermetroidfan
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 supermetroidfan
Member since 2004 • 19767 Posts
Wait a minute....This thread is about devil worshipping?
GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts
I'm not watching hours of a CHRISTIAN documentary. But all I'll say is people consider Maryln Manson "evil" yet he seems like a pretty nice guy.
ff7fan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ff7fan2
Member since 2006 • 31413 Posts
I guess you wouldn't be too fond of my brother then...oh wait, he doesn't listen to death metal...I forgot that. :roll:
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 supermetroidfan

I guess you wouldn't be too fond of my brother then...oh wait, he doesn't listen to death metal...I forgot that. :roll:
ff7fan2

I understand your message not, but what does death metal have to do with anything?

wrlyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wrlyy
Member since 2006 • 7632 Posts
Loud music is the devils swansong.
ff7fan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ff7fan2

[QUOTE="ff7fan2"]I guess you wouldn't be too fond of my brother then...oh wait, he doesn't listen to death metal...I forgot that. :roll:
supermetroidfan

I understand your message not, but what does death metal have to do with anything?

I was mainly basing that portion of it towards the end of X360PS3AMD05's post.

EDIT: Damnit. I'm losing my mind...that comment was based towards the OP's post, as it sounded like one can only be a Satanist if they listen to death metal.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 X360PS3AMD05
[QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]

[QUOTE="ff7fan2"]I guess you wouldn't be too fond of my brother then...oh wait, he doesn't listen to death metal...I forgot that. :roll:
ff7fan2

Again, what does DM have to do with anything? I said Black Metal.....
Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Golfer4Life
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts

Okay, Satanism sounds like Devil worshipping but it's actually a theory that all of us has "Satan" in us. The instinct for greed, sex etc., basicly everything against the 7 sins of the Church. However, there has been reports of abuse, murders and devil worship. Satanism basicly is strongly opposed to Christianity. That link that Michaelsoft has provided is a documentary on Satanism and Music (Metal); how they preach and desive the young to hate etc. Of course the video uses the Bible as a model for ethics so it looks like it issponsered by religious groups (Christians), whom are opposed to Satanism.

I dunno, you decide.

For the record: I'm not a religious guy.

ff7fan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ff7fan2
Again, what does DM have to do with anything? I said Black Metal.....X360PS3AMD05
I edited my post...I just happened to be reading your post when I typed that message out. :P
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 supermetroidfan
[QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]

ff7fan2

EDIT: Damnit. I'm losing my mind...that comment was based towards the OP's post, as it sounded like one can only be a Satanist if they listen to death metal.

lawl. Death metal has nothing to do Satan.

ff7fan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ff7fan2
lawl. Death metal has nothing to do Satan.supermetroidfan
I'm not so good with my music subgenres...ok? >__>
Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Golfer4Life

[QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]lawl. Death metal has nothing to do Satan.ff7fan2

Straight from wikipedia "Death Metal's lyrical themes typically invoke violence, but also contain various themes of Satanism..." Maybe not Satan himself; but violence no the less (kinda like rap). Now I'm not generlizing, it's not all Death Metal, just some.

That's my 2 cents.

darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts

http://video.google.com/videosearch?um=1&tab=wv&ie=UTF-8&rls=SUNA%2CSUNA%3A2006-49%2CSUNA%3Aen&q=they%20sold%20their%20souls%20to%20rock%20n%27%20roll

Satanist have contacted and linked with stupid emo and gothic bands. They use backmasking to put hidden messages into your mind and use propaganda to convert people. Backmasking is basically putting hidden messages into music, when played backwards the message is revealed. Your conscience doesn't know it but your subconscience does.

I hate satanist.

What do you guys think.

MichaelSoft

You hate satanism?

Umm...Christians say you will burn in hell forever if you don't join them. Thats fear mongering. If you hate satanism hate christianity too.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 X360PS3AMD05

[QUOTE="ff7fan2"][QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]lawl. Death metal has nothing to do Satan.Golfer4Life

Straight from wikipedia "Death Metal's lyrical themes typically invoke violence, but also contain various themes of Satanism..." Maybe not Satan himself; but violence no the less (kinda like rap). Now I'm not generlizing, it's not all Death Metal, just some.

That's my 2 cents.

Yep, most bands that started it used Satanic themes e.g. Slayer, but they weren't really Satanic once you get to know them. It's more about offending people, once again anti-christian :D Also i see it as a form of art.
whos_next000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 whos_next000
Member since 2006 • 11892 Posts
haha you're funny. Seriously, only idiots would believe in backmasking.
Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Golfer4Life
[QUOTE="Golfer4Life"]

[QUOTE="ff7fan2"][QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]lawl. Death metal has nothing to do Satan.X360PS3AMD05

That's my 2 cents.

Yep, most bands that started it used Satanic themes e.g. Slayer, but they weren't really Satanic once you get to know them. It's more about offending people, once again anti-christian :D Also i see it as a form of art.

I don't like one thing though. Music stirs and conjures the emotions (happy, sad, mad, grief) and shouldn't be used as a weapon to promote violence. The world is a violent place and this is not helping. Yes music is a art, but it can be used either way.

That's my 3 cents.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
[QUOTE="ff7fan2"][QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]

X360PS3AMD05

Again, what does DM have to do with anything? I said Black Metal.....

Black metal isn't satan either. Gimmicky bands are Satanists.

supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 supermetroidfan

[QUOTE="ff7fan2"][QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]lawl. Death metal has nothing to do Satan.Golfer4Life

That's my 2 cents.

:|What's the point of even replying with that if you yourself say that maybe it has nothing to do with Satan which it really doesn't.

JadedEagle04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JadedEagle04
Member since 2004 • 211 Posts
The worship of the devil predates to thousands of years before today; it is nothing new. Ancient civilizations, at one time or another, were led astray to worship the devil or other manifestations. Just because we are in the 21st century doesn't mean anything has changed at all.
Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Golfer4Life
[QUOTE="Golfer4Life"]

[QUOTE="ff7fan2"][QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]lawl. Death metal has nothing to do Satan.supermetroidfan

That's my 2 cents.

:|What's the point of even replying with that if you yourself say that maybe it has nothing to do with Satan which it really doesn't.

Ok ready for this corny-yet-makes-sense comeback? Okay you asked for it.

Satan can be the essence of evil and wrongdoing. Violence, rape and sins. Well, if music promotes it; it's promoting Satan! :o

That's my 4 cents.

For the record: I'm not a religious man.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 X360PS3AMD05
[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"][QUOTE="Golfer4Life"]

That's my 2 cents.

I don't like one thing though. Music stirs and conjures the emotions (happy, sad, mad, grief) and shouldn't be used as a weapon to promote violence. The world is a violent place and this is not helping. Yes music is a art, but it can be used either way.

That's my 3 cents.

Yah but what's the quote from V for Vendetta, "An artist tells lies to get to the truth" or something like that. Except for a few who are really nuts(Norway church burnings), i don't know any metalheads that support violence :? How many rappers are out shooting each other n such.......
Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Golfer4Life
[QUOTE="Golfer4Life"][QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"][QUOTE="Golfer4Life"]

[QUOTE="ff7fan2"][QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]lawl. Death metal has nothing to do Satan.X360PS3AMD05

That's my 2 cents.

That's my 3 cents.

Yah but what's the quote from V for Vendetta, "An artist tells lies to get to the truth" or something like that. Except for a few who are really nuts(Norway church burnings), i don't know any metalheads that support violence :? How many rappers are out shooting each other n such.......

You'll be surprised. How many rappers are alleged weed heads? If they don't promote it, please don't sing it. If I go and sing a song, "Golfer4Life is the sexiest man alive."I'm promoting that I'm the sexiest man alive (which of course I am... not). See my point?

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
I think that documentary is pretty bad. I mean, some of the things are of course right, everyone knows that. But that documentary seems to try to prove that pre-rock(pre-1950s) society was all christian and moral...heh no...
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 supermetroidfan
[QUOTE="supermetroidfan"][QUOTE="Golfer4Life"]

That's my 2 cents.

Satan can be the essence of evil and wrongdoing. Violence, rape and sins. Well, if music promotes it; it's promoting Satan! :o

That's my 4 cents.

Makes sense. But that's an unintentional tie to Satan nonetheless.

KrayzieJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KrayzieJ
Member since 2003 • 3283 Posts
"I hate satanist" quite a ironic statement! :P .
Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Golfer4Life
[QUOTE="Golfer4Life"][QUOTE="supermetroidfan"][QUOTE="Golfer4Life"]

[QUOTE="ff7fan2"][QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]lawl. Death metal has nothing to do Satan.supermetroidfan

That's my 2 cents.

That's my 4 cents.

Makes sense. But that's an unintentional tie to Satan nonetheless.

I think that documentary is pretty bad. I mean, some of the things are of course right, everyone knows that. But that documentary seems to try to prove that pre-rock(pre-1950s) society was all christian and moral...heh no...guynamedbilly

No, I think they're trying to say that in the past few decades some music is trying to promote violence and such. And looking around I believe some of it is true.

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MichaelSoft
[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"]

I hate satanist.

What do you guys think.

darklord888

You hate satanism?

Umm...Christians say you will burn in hell forever if you don't join them. Thats fear mongering. If you hate satanism hate christianity too.

im not christian, and altho the documentary is kinda christian look past that and it's kinda interesting. I wantd to see other ppl's opinions since when i first found out i was shocked and somewhat pissed.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

No, I think they're trying to say that in the past few decades some music is trying to promote violence and such. And looking around I believe some of it is true.

Golfer4Life

That's true. And that point is right. Some music does promote violence and other illegal activities, but when you portray 1950 as a turning point in society's morals, you're going to have a hard time convicing anyone.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 X360PS3AMD05
Maybe they're just reflecting the violent world we live, not necessarily promoting it :?
Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Fortier
Member since 2004 • 7728 Posts
Consider this...Cannibal Corpse's lyrics are clearly evil forwards...yet they've gained a reputation as some of the nicest guys in music (if it can so be called)...
MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MichaelSoft
When children are young their (sub) conscience is more easier to convert, what those music do is go into their sub conscience while young to convert their mind, using the idea of propaganda as to what communist use, compare those and there you go.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

Consider this...Cannibal Corpse's lyrics are clearly evil forwards...yet they've gained a reputation as some of the nicest guys in music (if it can so be called)...Fortier

Cannibal Corpse is a joke and no one takes them seriously music-wise.

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MichaelSoft
Maybe they're just reflecting the violent world we live, not necessarily promoting it :?X360PS3AMD05
Reflecting it is not screaming: "kill kill bathe in blood" That's more promoting then anything. reflecting it would be singing about how horrible it is, not singing about how great it is.
Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Fortier

[QUOTE="Fortier"]Consider this...Cannibal Corpse's lyrics are clearly evil forwards...yet they've gained a reputation as some of the nicest guys in music (if it can so be called)...GodLovesDead

Actually, some people do...somehow. How one could enjoy it is beyond me, but you know...to each his own.

Meh___Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Meh___Guy
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts
Satanists do not need lyrics in thier music to worship Satan fully.
MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MichaelSoft
They like it because it hits them when young and again goes into their subconscience. Or they just retarded and try to be "unique". I really recomend watching some, if not just 30 minutes of the documentary, just ignore the christian stuff in it (unless u are cristian) it explains a whole lot more.
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts

[QUOTE="Fortier"]Consider this...Cannibal Corpse's lyrics are clearly evil forwards...yet they've gained a reputation as some of the nicest guys in music (if it can so be called)...GodLovesDead

Noteventhemselves... Mayhem on the other hand.

Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Golfer4Life
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]

[QUOTE="Fortier"]Consider this...Cannibal Corpse's lyrics are clearly evil forwards...yet they've gained a reputation as some of the nicest guys in music (if it can so be called)...Fortier

Actually, some people do...somehow. How one could enjoy it is beyond me, but you know...to each his own.

Not familiar w/ Cannibal Corpse but how are they known as the nicest guy? Just wondering, there music seems... very gory.

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MichaelSoft
Seriously but this is a really bad prblem, kids can be influenced by this because of their connection when they were little and the music can swing moods. For everyone who listens to those may I ask y? Would be good if someone responded.
Meh___Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Meh___Guy
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts
Seriously but this is a really bad prblem, kids can be influenced by this because of their connection when they were little and the music can swing moods. For everyone who listens to those may I ask y? Would be good if someone responded.MichaelSoft
I agree, are you a Christian?
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts
I would like to post music from an actual satanic band. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3FXd6mwZXQ
Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Fortier
[QUOTE="Fortier"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]

[QUOTE="Fortier"]Consider this...Cannibal Corpse's lyrics are clearly evil forwards...yet they've gained a reputation as some of the nicest guys in music (if it can so be called)...Golfer4Life

Not familiar w/ Cannibal Corpse but how are they known as the nicest guy? Just wondering, there music seems... very gory.

They are gory to the max...but I've seen interviews andread in magazines thatthey're really nice guys...I'm talkin' helping old ladies with their groceries nice.

rrric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rrric
Member since 2003 • 2408 Posts
dude no ive been listening to metal for a long time and i havent had the urge to kill or rape or become a devil worshiper
MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MichaelSoft
[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"]Seriously but this is a really bad prblem, kids can be influenced by this because of their connection when they were little and the music can swing moods. For everyone who listens to those may I ask y? Would be good if someone responded.Meh___Guy
I agree, are you a Christian?

No though I do respect christianity.