Music and Satanist- A link in modern day

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Golfer4Life
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts

I think more people should choose there music like you DejaVu. Nowadays it's all about violence and drugs; not the true art behind what makes music special and important.

That's all I have to say.

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#102 MichaelSoft
Member since 2006 • 207 Posts

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"]I still feel satanist and those bad rock bands are connected, if you wantch the documenatry it gives some proof. Which is scary.supermetroidfan

And I really don't care. If you're talking about LaVey Satanism what's the big deal? But if this has to do with devil worshipping what's the big deal? Satan isn't real.

NO I'm talkking about the one in the documentary, I'm not christian, I too don't believe in satan but the music is affecting young kids with subconscience messages.
Avatar image for supermetroidfan
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 supermetroidfan
Member since 2004 • 19767 Posts

I think more people should choose there music like you DejaVu. Nowadays it's all about violence and drugs; not the true art behind what makes music special and important.

That's all I have to say.

Golfer4Life

:|I choose to listen to the music because I like how it stands not because the lyrical content. I can't even understand what most of them are saying.

Generalizations FTW!

Aoki__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Aoki__
Member since 2007 • 965 Posts

This vid is ridiculous

Religion is the highest form of brain washing...

Really, that whole "rockumentary" makes me sick

supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 supermetroidfan
[QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"]I still feel satanist and those bad rock bands are connected, if you wantch the documenatry it gives some proof. Which is scary.MichaelSoft

And I really don't care. If you're talking about LaVey Satanism what's the big deal? But if this has to do with devil worshipping what's the big deal? Satan isn't real.

NO I'm talkking about the one in the documentary, I'm not christian, I too don't believe in satan but the music is affecting young kids with subconscience messages.

I don't want to waste my time watching such a documentary. Explain to me how it is affecting them?

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]Maybe they're just reflecting the violent world we live, not necessarily promoting it :?MichaelSoft
Reflecting it is not screaming: "kill kill bathe in blood" That's more promoting then anything. reflecting it would be singing about how horrible it is, not singing about how great it is.

Doesn't the Bible carry some pretty brutal stories?
[QUOTE="Golfer4Life"]

[QUOTE="whos_next000"][QUOTE="MichaelSoft"]Seriously but this is a really bad prblem, kids can be influenced by this because of their connection when they were little and the music can swing moods. For everyone who listens to those may I ask y? Would be good if someone responded.MichaelSoft

I quote Frank Zappa: "I wrote a song about dental floss, but did anybody's teeth get cleaner?" Music is only influencing maniacs and idiots.

These "idiots and maniacs" can be everyday people that has fallen into the grasp of these music.

it's cuz the music puts your subconscience into a mood of violence and so forth, lyrics and the melody can do that, what it cant do is give you a specific feeling such as "dental floss mood", and dental flossing isn't a human instinct, violence is. there's a difference.

Yah and then a mosh pitt comes of it and everyone releases the energy, they don't go out into the streets and start killing people :?
MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 MichaelSoft
[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"]I still feel satanist and those bad rock bands are connected, if you wantch the documenatry it gives some proof. Which is scary.supermetroidfan

I don't want to waste my time watching such a documentary. Explain to me how it is affecting them?

The music hits themw when their young, depressed, or vulnerable. It goes into their subconscience when it's weak with hidden messages that only your subconscience can understand or they use their melodies and lyrics to strike cords into your subconscience when your weak, which you have no control over. They use the propaganda system, which is basically the same system commust used to take over. Theres more to it such as seperation and so forth. But not like YOU would care.
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 supermetroidfan
[QUOTE="supermetroidfan"][QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"]I still feel satanist and those bad rock bands are connected, if you wantch the documenatry it gives some proof. Which is scary.MichaelSoft

The music hits themw when their young, depressed, or vulnerable. It goes into their subconscience when it's weak with hidden messages that only your subconscience can understand or they use their melodies and lyrics to strike cords into your subconscience when your weak, which you have no control over. They use the propaganda system, which is basically the same system commust used to take over. Theres more to it such as seperation and so forth. But not like YOU would care.

So what are the effects of all this? What makes it such a big deal?

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 X360PS3AMD05
I still feel satanist and those bad rock bands are connected, if you wantch the documenatry it gives some proof. Which is scary.MichaelSoft
You know what's scary? Religion, how many people have died over it throughout history and how many people have been discriminated against because of it.
[QUOTE="DejaVu72"][QUOTE="supermetroidfan"][QUOTE="DejaVu72"][QUOTE="Golfer4Life"]

[QUOTE="DejaVu72"]I don't even listen to Rock every day...supermetroidfan

No don't get me wrong; there's noting wrong w/ rock. Heck, I think rock is awsome; I'm leaning towards more of Death Metal etc.

Genres like that in my opinion disrespect music. Music is a form of art. I like artists who treat it that way, and not like a joke. The majority of Metal musicians (especially death metal) care more about image over music, and intensity over quality.

Art is subjective...

I know, but to me a large majority of Metal (Not ALL) cares more about intensity than quality. Quality should be the first priority in Art in my opinion.

Intensity is part of their quality.

+ not of all of it is about violence, there are brilliant songs from doom bands and such that aren't about violence!
Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Golfer4Life

Think about. Why do you like to listen to death, killing, violence, murder and the such? Why would they like that kind of music? Slow conversion I tell you.

Religion is a form of brainwashing? Just like how the government is corrupt? It's the people behind it, not itself. Think about it. Buddhism like all religion for example, tries to exert morals and ethics we should follow. It tries to teach us something.But it's the people that make it corrupted.

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 MichaelSoft
[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="supermetroidfan"][QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]

So what are the effects of all this? What makes it such a big deal?

Can someone say clueless?? It converts their daily nature into a violent nature and often turns them into a person that loves killing
Aoki__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Aoki__
Good point....But its a scape goat...... I dont care what the context of music is, if it sounds good to me, I love it...But what does my voice matter, I'm nothing but a hypocritic athiest....Sense the sarcasm
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 supermetroidfan

Think about. Why do you like to listen to death, killing, violence, murder and the such? Why would they like that kind of music? Slow conversion I tell you.

Religion is a form of brainwashing? Just like how the government is corrupt? It's the people behind it, not itself. Think about it. Buddhism like all religion for example, tries to exert morals and ethics we should follow. It tries to teach us something.But it's the people that make it corrupted.

Golfer4Life

:|Like I said before. I like the sound of it. I like the fast, technical, sometimes brutal guitar and the pounding drums. Nothing to do with the violence

Oh and I also listen to something as silly as The Aquabats. Oh noes:shock:

supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 supermetroidfan

Can someone say clueless?? It converts their daily nature into a violent nature and often turns them into a person that loves killingMichaelSoft

OH I knew. I was just trying to get you to say why this is so ridiculous.

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 MichaelSoft
Good point....But its a scape goat...... I dont care what the context of music is, if it sounds good to me, I love it...But what does my voice matter, I'm nothing but a hypocritic athiest....Sense the sarcasmAoki__
certian volumes of melodies strike a cord in the human body, using propaganda they can slowly convert u into liking such melodies, thus making your nature more violent or making your idealogy and ideas much more aggresive and different. Propaganda is a powerful thing (im guessing u guys no wat it is)
Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Golfer4Life

Good point....But its a scape goat...... I dont care what the context of music is, if it sounds good to me, I love it...But what does my voice matter, I'm nothing but a hypocritic athiest....Sense the sarcasmAoki__

If it sounds good you'll listen to it? No matter the lyrics? Think about it a little.

Aoki__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Aoki__
....Kelli Dayton made me kill :roll:
Aoki__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Aoki__

[QUOTE="Aoki__"]Good point....But its a scape goat...... I dont care what the context of music is, if it sounds good to me, I love it...But what does my voice matter, I'm nothing but a hypocritic athiest....Sense the sarcasmGolfer4Life

If it sounds good you'll listen to it? No matter the lyrics? Think about it a little.

i have plenty... Music = Life to me..... "If God were alive today, we would kill him" from "God Eat God" and yes that is one of my favorite songs.

Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Golfer4Life

....Kelli Dayton made me kill :roll:Aoki__

Uh-huh funny. Think about it. Why do so many young people resort to weed? Because they are running away from there problems and it's "cool". Music has promoted this. I'm not saying if you listen to Metal you're going to kill. It's the message they're promoting that gets me. Look around the society today. Do we want more violence?

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 MichaelSoft
....Kelli Dayton made me kill :roll:Aoki__
those things should not be joked about, some kids in colubine killed because the music they listened to carried on.
Aoki__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Aoki__

[QUOTE="Aoki__"]....Kelli Dayton made me kill :roll:MichaelSoft
those things should not be joked about, some kids in colubine killed because the music they listened to carried on.

i take it you have never heard Kelli Dayton's music

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 MichaelSoft

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="Aoki__"]....Kelli Dayton made me kill :roll:Aoki__

Knowing what kind of music you like.. I dont want to -_-'
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 supermetroidfan

:|Those kids killed because they were troubled, already had mental problems meaning they were agressive and because they were social outcasts.

Aoki__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Aoki__

[QUOTE="Aoki__"]....Kelli Dayton made me kill :roll:Golfer4Life

Uh-huh funny. Think about it. Why do so many young people resort to weed? Because they are running away from there problems and it's "cool". Music has promoted this. I'm not saying if you listen to Metal you're going to kill. It's the message they're promoting that gets me. Look around the society today. Do we want more violence?

some one was is the debate club..:P

to answer your question, no we dont. But I think its ridiculous to say think things like " music drafts satanist" and I'm not refering to you

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 MichaelSoft

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="Aoki__"]....Kelli Dayton made me kill :roll:supermetroidfan

:|Those kids killed because they were troubled, already had mental problems meaning they were agressive and because they were social outcasts.

They found out they also listened to those kinds of music, one scene showed them worshiping the damn band. They themselves admitted that they were their gods. They were depressed and outcast thus their subconscience was vulnerable to their daily music. Makes sense.
Aoki__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Aoki__
[QUOTE="Aoki__"]

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="Aoki__"]....Kelli Dayton made me kill :roll:MichaelSoft

no, you dont know what music I love...and Kelli well she sings "I'd give it all away, just to have a place to go to" in a soft mellow voice. Speaks for itself, not what I would call "killing music"

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 MichaelSoft
[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="Aoki__"]

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="Aoki__"]....Kelli Dayton made me kill :roll:Aoki__

no, you dont know what music I love...and Kelli well she sings "I'd give it all away, just to have a place to go to" in a soft mellow voice. Speaks for itself, not what I would call "killing music"

I would have expected it to be useless ranting from your previous post I.E sacraficing bunnies etc
Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Golfer4Life
[QUOTE="Golfer4Life"]

[QUOTE="Aoki__"]....Kelli Dayton made me kill :roll:Aoki__

to answer your question, no we dont. But I think its ridiculous to say think things like " music drafts satanist" and I'm not refering to you

Yeah, funny, jokes on you, there is no debate club at my school!

Anyways, I'm not saying music drafts Satanist. And I already said, Satanist is not Devil worshipping people. It is a testiment to the Satan in us, the natual want for sex and such. If you choose to follow it, I'm fine. Just don't confuse it with Devil worshipping. I on the other hand study all religion and look at the values that attain. But enough about me...

Aoki__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Aoki__
[QUOTE="Aoki__"][QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="Aoki__"]

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="Aoki__"]....Kelli Dayton made me kill :roll:MichaelSoft

I would have expected it to be useless ranting from your previous post I.E sacraficing bunnies etc

:lol: Robbie brought out the worst in me

supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 supermetroidfan
[QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]

They found out they also listened to those kinds of music, one scene showed them worshiping the damn band. They themselves admitted that they were their gods. They were depressed and outcast thus their subconscience was vulnerable to their daily music. Makes sense.

:|Wow. I'm so surprised. If you want to talk media violence that caused this, it wasn't the music. Most people jump on the fact that they loved the game Doom and the movie Natural Born Killers. Wow but it was actually the music that don't even get to see violent acts performed amazing. Anyways this destroys your whole fact of making a big deal out of this. If it even affects subconcious and causes things, it's only alarming when said individuals are troubled. Only crazy people are influenced. Most children aren't crazy:|

Aoki__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Aoki__
[QUOTE="Aoki__"][QUOTE="Golfer4Life"]

[QUOTE="Aoki__"]....Kelli Dayton made me kill :roll:Golfer4Life

Anyways, I'm not saying music drafts Satanist. And I already said, Satanist is not Devil worshipping people. It is a testiment to the Satan in us, the natual want for sex and such. If you choose to follow it, I'm fine. Just don't confuse it with Devil worshipping. I on the other hand study all religion and look at the values that attain. But enough about me...

I'm an athiest,music lover.. my life story

Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Golfer4Life
[QUOTE="Golfer4Life"][QUOTE="Aoki__"][QUOTE="Golfer4Life"]

[QUOTE="Aoki__"]....Kelli Dayton made me kill :roll:Aoki__

I'm an athiest,music lover.. my life story

How very interesting!

Avitu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#133 Avitu666
Member since 2005 • 316 Posts

Right, so death metal draws out the Satan in us?

Honestly, I get more violent ideas when I see a Beyonce clip (because her blatant lack of talent enrages me so I'd like to strangle her with pianowire or something) than I do listening to Death Metal.

And their lyrics do not necessarily promote violence (or they don't necessarily talk about violence either). I mean, just look at Amorphis...

They are proud of their northern (and probably Odinist heritage), but are their lyrics about violence? No they aren't.

As for the person whou said Death Metal is only about intensity, he couldn't be more wrong. Again, look at the example of Amorphis. Those men are just extremely talented musicians.

Oh, and btw. Supermetroidfan, i took a look at your last.fm top bands list :-) Man, you've got some darn good taste in music :-)

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 MichaelSoft
[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="Aoki__"]....Kelli Dayton made me kill :roll:supermetroidfan

:|Wow. I'm so surprised. If you want to talk media violence that caused this, it wasn't the music. Most people jump on the fact that they loved the game Doom and the movie Natural Born Killers. Wow but it was actually the music that don't even get to see violent acts performed amazing. Anyways this destroys your whole fact of making a big deal out of this. If it even affects subconcious and causes things, it's only alarming when said individuals are troubled. Only crazy people are influenced. Most children aren't crazy:|

Games and movies dont provoke those kinds of actions, sure your seeing it but theres no direct message. Music however is, and as studied and said by scientest, music is the ultimate weapon for violence conversion not the steorotypical movie and games, why? Because music is like an instinct, it comes naturally and we have been listening to it for generations, as long as humans lived. Thats why it has more effects. Also its more direct and the melodies strike more cords in human emotions. Only crazy people are influenced is wrong. When they convert you, you dont know it since it starts slowly, they convert not only crazy, but depressed, outcasted, and the generally vulnable people. Research it more, but then again why waste time. You know its true :D
MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 MichaelSoft

Honestly, I get more violent ideas when I see a Beyonce clip (because her blatant lack of talent enrages me so I'd like to strangle her with pianowire or something) than I do listening to Death Metal.

And their lyrics do not necessarily promote violence (or they don't necessarily talk about violence either). I mean, just look at Amorphis...

They are proud of their northern (and probably Odinist heritage), but are their lyrics about violence? No they aren't.

As for the person whou said Death Metal is only about intensity, he couldn't be more wrong. Again, look at the example of Amorphis. Those men are just extremely talented musicians.

Oh, and btw. Supermetroidfan, i took a look at your last.fm top bands list :-) Man, you've got some darn good taste in music :-)

Avitu666
Lyrics arent the only thing to strike cords, melody is to. Also I never said all death metal was like that and when saying "the satan in all of us" he (golfer4life) is talking about greed, violence, and sex addiction. Also look into the sublimal messages that your subconscience picks up **WHICH YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF KNOWING AND U CANNOT CONTROL IT**. And usually if ppl listen to those type of music they deny anything of it since they already got converted and its normal for them. And if beyonce makes u violent u got problems. sorry for double post
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 supermetroidfan

Avitu666

:DWhy thank you sir

Aoki__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Aoki__
some of these statements are very narrow mined :| not excluding myself
Avitu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Avitu666

Games and movies dont provoke those kinds of actions, sure your seeing it but theres no direct message. Music however is, and as studied and said by scientest, music is the ultimate weapon for violence conversion not the steorotypical movie and games, why? Because music is like an instinct, it comes naturally and we have been listening to it for generations, as long as humans lived. Thats why it has more effects. Also its more direct and the melodies strike more cords in human emotions. Only crazy people are influenced is wrong. When they convert you, you dont know it since it starts slowly, they convert not only crazy, but depressed, outcasted, and the generally vulnable people. Research it more, but then again why waste time. You know its true :DMichaelSoft

What kind of scientists said that? The same kind of scientists who affirm the world is only 6000-10000 years old? The same scientists who say the Grand Canyon was created after Noah's Flood?

Because honestly, I've never seen an article by a real scientist who says music provokes violence.

supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 supermetroidfan

some of these statements are very narrow mined :| not excluding myselfAoki__

I can admit to being narrow minded and hypocritical at times:|

Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Golfer4Life

Avitu666

I'm not saying that all Death Metal is promoting violence, I'm justsaying a lot are. Are all rap promoting sex and drugs? No, but again, a lot are. I haven't heard Amorphis so I wouldn't know; but from what I do know,musicthat areindulging the idea of violence and the such is a no no.

Avitu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Avitu666
[QUOTE="Avitu666"]

MichaelSoft

Lyrics arent the only thing to strike cords, melody is to. Also I never said all death metal was like that and when saying "the satan in all of us" he (golfer4life) is talking about greed, violence, and sex addiction. Also look into the sublimal messages that your subconscience picks up **WHICH YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF KNOWING AND U CANNOT CONTROL IT**. And usually if ppl listen to those type of music they deny anything of it since they already got converted and its normal for them. And if beyonce makes u violent u got problems. sorry for double post

1. The thing about Beyonce= sarcasm. I dislike Beyonce and her music. I do not feel real violence when seeing her clips (I do feel annoyed when I see and hear her, though :p)

2. When you speak about melody, again check out some previously mentioned bands: Amorphis, Dark Tranquillity, etc... It's loud at moments, but the melody is not necessarily aggressive.

3. According to you, I'm brainwashed (or converted as you say)...So Death Metal => converts people to evil? You're gonna spout some theories about the Illuminati now?

If you want to prove that this is true, I want you to come with scientific evidence. A documentary made by bible-thumpers does NOT count. That video was Pseudo-science

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 MichaelSoft
[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="Avitu666"]

Avitu666

1. The thing about Beyonce= sarcasm. I dislike Beyonce and her music. I do not feel real violence when seeing her clips (I do feel annoyed when I see and hear her, though :p)

2. When you speak about melody, again check out some previously mentioned bands: Amorphis, Dark Tranquillity, etc... It's loud at moments, but the melody is not necessarily aggressive.

3. According to you, I'm brainwashed (or converted as you say)...So Death Metal => converts people to evil? You're gonna spout some theories about the Illuminati now?

If you want to prove that this is true, I want you to come with scientific evidence. A documentary made by bible-thumpers does NOT count. That video was Pseudo-science

First I said that not all death metal are like that and I said ppl who listen to those type (aka promoting violence) are already effected. Second the documenatry might be a bit biased but it is still correct AND wiki subliminal and Subconscience and you'll have your facts. Scientest say music is the biggest wepon for conversion. And I never said EVIL I said violence.. Satanist dont worhsip satan, they embrace human indulgence (aka sex addiction, violence etc)
Aoki__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Aoki__
no, its VERY bias
MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 MichaelSoft

[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"]

Games and movies dont provoke those kinds of actions, sure your seeing it but theres no direct message. Music however is, and as studied and said by scientest, music is the ultimate weapon for violence conversion not the steorotypical movie and games, why? Because music is like an instinct, it comes naturally and we have been listening to it for generations, as long as humans lived. Thats why it has more effects. Also its more direct and the melodies strike more cords in human emotions. Only crazy people are influenced is wrong. When they convert you, you dont know it since it starts slowly, they convert not only crazy, but depressed, outcasted, and the generally vulnable people. Research it more, but then again why waste time. You know its true :DAvitu666

What kind of scientists said that? The same kind of scientists who affirm the world is only 6000-10000 years old? The same scientists who say the Grand Canyon was created after Noah's Flood?

Because honestly, I've never seen an article by a real scientist who says music provokes violence.

Oh well now your just making stuff up. have you done your research. Once again wiki it, groups of scientist have said it. One group said it effects you because your subconscience picks it up and another denies it but says it effects them because music revolves around human life for ages. No scientist has ever stated the grand canyon was made by noah's flood ok? I guess you havent seen articles at all.
Avitu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Avitu666
[QUOTE="Avitu666"][QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="Avitu666"]

MichaelSoft

First I said that not all death metal are like that and I said ppl who listen to those type (aka promoting violence) are already effected. Second the documenatry might be a bit biased but it is still correct AND wiki subliminal and Subconscience and you'll have your facts. Scientest say music is the biggest wepon for conversion. And I never said EVIL I said violence.. Satanist dont worhsip satan, they embrace human indulgence (aka sex addiction, violence etc)

A little biased??? It's Christian Fundy prejudice.

I mean, it's been made by people in the vein of Jack Chick or Kent Hovind.

That video does NOT count as scientific evidence.

Unless you can show me a proof by a objective, neutral REAL scientist, then I'll accept this as truth.

Until then, I count this link as totally useless, and especially stupid.

Avitu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Avitu666

Oh well now your just making stuff up. have you done your research. Once again wiki it, groups of scientist have said it. One group said it effects you because your subconscience picks it up and another denies it but says it effects them because music revolves around human life for ages. No scientist has ever stated the grand canyon was made by noah's flood ok? I guess you havent seen articles at all.MichaelSoft

Link?

If else, the argument fails

MichaelSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 MichaelSoft
[QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="Avitu666"][QUOTE="MichaelSoft"][QUOTE="Avitu666"]

Avitu666

A little biased??? It's Christian Fundy prejudice.

I mean, it's been made by people in the vein of Jack Chick or Kent Hovind.

That video does NOT count as scientific evidence.

Unless you can show me a proof by a objective, neutral REAL scientist, then I'll accept this as truth.

Until then, I count this link as totally useless, and especially stupid.

Just cuz its christian doesnt mean it contains no facts at all. It does. Music is a form of expression, which provokes different feelings. DUH. Everyone knows this. Depending on the music, the form of expression is picked up by your subconscience (once again wiki it for facts) thus provoking different feelings or striking different cords. Music is emotion, death metal is as well, tho most of the time it relates towards aggresiveness and violence. Your just hating on the documentary becuz it makes death metal seem bad. Im not christian either yet I still agree. But fine we'll play your game. know whats useless? Death metal.. straight up stupid.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 X360PS3AMD05
No one here has mentioned the fact that most of the time you can't even understand the lyrics and some bands don't really even care about them, they're meant to be unintelligible and just part of the atmosphere.

:lol: It had nothing to do with their upbringing.
Aoki__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Aoki__

Death Metal = Awesome

Metal = Awesome

Golfer4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Golfer4Life

Okay... http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=sa006&articleID=0007D716-71A1-1179-AF8683414B7F0000&pageNumber=5&catID=2

From the link: "When they scanned the brains of musicians who had chills of euphoria when listening to music, they found that music activated some of the same reward systems that are stimulated by food, sex and addictive drugs.

Overall, findings to date indicate that music has a biological basis and that the brain has a functional organization for music. It seems fairly clear, even at this early stage of inquiry, that many brain regions participate in specific aspects of music processing, whether supporting perception (such as apprehending a melody) or evoking emotional reactions."

It doesn't take a 10 year old to know that music stirs the emotion. Whether it be happiness, sadness, grief, anger, or the need for something. Now tell me, when you hear music about killing, drugs, sex, what emotion cord does that stir? Me? I would be sad because millions of people listen to this kind of music. Oh and to comment on whether you hear them singing it or not; that doesn't really matter. What if there was a secret organization of terriost andwe don'tknow aboutthem - it's still there. And even if they don't mean what they are singing it doesn't justify it.