Marc Anthony publicly trashed on Twitter for singing God Bless America

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Or how about the very famous Jose Feliciano's first ever stylized version of the American Anthem? Durring a 1968 baseball game that took the country by storm. No one had ever performed it in any other way than the traditional way way, and here comes some Puerto Rican kid who is blind, and sends the americans into a frenzy.

Jos+Feliciano+080210josefeliciano.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ZQawbo4Mo

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

He has sang that shit more than a dozen times before. IDK whats the problem now.... Nengo_Flow

Because this time he's doing it at a baseball game, and baseball is America's game, and thus God's game.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]He has sang that shit more than a dozen times before. IDK whats the problem now.... worlock77

Because this time he's doing it at a baseball game, and baseball is America's game, and thus God's game.

he sang it in other baseball games before..... How dare that Taco eating Mexican even set a foot in the holy establishment that is an American Baseball Stadium.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]He has sang that shit more than a dozen times before. IDK whats the problem now.... worlock77

Ameica's game? Sure doesn't seem like it when every player is named Sosa, Rodriguez and Garcia.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]He has sang that shit more than a dozen times before. IDK whats the problem now.... Fightingfan

Ameica's game? Sure doesn't seem like it when every player is named Sosa, Rodriguez and Garcia.

Are you implying that anyone bearing those names can't be American?

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

I'm saying it seems to be favored with those of Latin and Hispanic roots. When you look at Sammy Sosa you can't associate his face with "America"(Even though he is American), same goes for most of MLB outside of Baby Ruth, Ty Cobb, Barry Bonds, and Mark McGwire.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

You're right, white Americans probably won't start learning Spanish in droves, to our detriment. We live on a continent where the majority of people speak Spanish in an increasingly globalized world. The US will keep falling behind while white Americans continue to scream "English only!".

Yeah, nobody, other than white Americans bitches about other people not speaking their language.

worlock77

LOL, you've obviously never heard of France. They're purists when it comes to their language. The United States is a melting pot with many different languages, true, but English is the national language of the country. Not to mention it is more important than Spanish on a global perspective. Spanish is mostly limited to Spain and Latin America. European immigrants who came here between 1890 and 1920 were encouraged to learn English and assimilate, so why shouldn't modern-day Hispanics do the same?

You seem like you have a little chip on your shoulder; you're taking out your anger on whites, yet I'm almost positive that blacks won't learn Spanish in droves either, especially since race relations between blacks and Hispanics aren't perfect. Mexico and most other Latin American countries are multiracial and multiethnic, yet I'm not gonna go over there and bitch about everyone speaking Spanish, so immigrants from that part of the world shouldn't come over here and bitch about everyone speaking only English. If you're going to another country to live for a long time, you should at least make some attempt to assimilate, and learning the country's most predominant language would be a good start.

- That's swell, but I'm talking about the United States and the people therein, not France.

- No, English is not the national language of the country. The United States has never had a national language. 

- No chip or anger. On the contrary I quite love being a white Anglo.

- Again, no immigrants bitch about people here speaking English. I only see the opposite - whites bitching about them speaking Spanish.

Gotta correct you on #2. The US has no official language, but English is the national language. 

Source

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"] LOL, you've obviously never heard of France. They're purists when it comes to their language. The United States is a melting pot with many different languages, true, but English is the national language of the country. Not to mention it is more important than Spanish on a global perspective. Spanish is mostly limited to Spain and Latin America. European immigrants who came here between 1890 and 1920 were encouraged to learn English and assimilate, so why shouldn't modern-day Hispanics do the same?

You seem like you have a little chip on your shoulder; you're taking out your anger on whites, yet I'm almost positive that blacks won't learn Spanish in droves either, especially since race relations between blacks and Hispanics aren't perfect. Mexico and most other Latin American countries are multiracial and multiethnic, yet I'm not gonna go over there and bitch about everyone speaking Spanish, so immigrants from that part of the world shouldn't come over here and bitch about everyone speaking only English. If you're going to another country to live for a long time, you should at least make some attempt to assimilate, and learning the country's most predominant language would be a good start.

gamerguru100

- That's swell, but I'm talking about the United States and the people therein, not France.

- No, English is not the national language of the country. The United States has never had a national language. 

- Again, no immigrants bitch about people here speaking English. I only see the opposite - whites bitching about them speaking Spanish.

Gotta correct you on #2. The US has no official language, but English is the national language. 

Source

In common usage "national language" is often used synonymously with "official language", but I'll conceed the point if it makes you feel better about being painfully wrong about everything else.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Ameica's game? Sure doesn't seem like it when every player is named Sosa, Rodriguez and Garcia. Fightingfan

I'm saying it seems to be favored with those of Latin and Hispanic roots. When you look at Sammy Sosa you can't associate his face with "America"(Even though he is American), same goes for most of MLB outside of Baby Ruth, Ty Cobb, Barry Bonds, and Mark McGwire.

You realize that there are millions of Americans with Latin and Hispanic roots right? Not just immigrants, but people who's families have been in America for several generations. Not sure why you mention Sammy Sosa. He's not American. He's from the Dominican Republic and as far as I'm aware he never became a US citizen and still lives in the DR. Basically your whole statement sounds like American = white.

KingKinect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 KingKinect
Member since 2012 • 548 Posts

All I care about when it comes to the immigrants if they be here a long time.

english-motherfr-do-you-speak-it.jpg

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts
[QUOTE="mems_1224"]stay classy white peopleBucked20

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 gamerguru100

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

Source

In common usage "national language" is often used synonymously with "official language", but I'll conceed the point if it makes you feel better about being painfully wrong about everything else.

How am I painfully wrong about everything else? The United States is a melting pot, fact. Millions of Europeans came here between 1890 and 1920, fact. English is often considered the global lingua franca, which means it has more influence than Spanish, fact. Immigrants to any country should be strongly encouraged to assimilate, which includes learning the predominant language, or face being shunned, fact. Brush that chip off your shoulder.
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"] Gotta correct you on #2. The US has no official language, but English is the national language. 

Source

gamerguru100

How am I painfully wrong about everything else? The United States is a melting pot, fact. Millions of Europeans came here between 1890 and 1920, fact. English is often considered the global lingua franca, which means it has more influence than Spanish, fact. Immigrants to any country should be strongly encouraged to assimilate, which includes learning the predominant language, or face being shunned, fact. Brush that chip off your shoulder.

he's a weirdo.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]stay classy white peopleheeweesRus

Yes, because some idiots on Twitter represent all 200 million non-Hispanic whites in the US. That's some great logic you got going there.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 gamerguru100

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

MakeMeaSammitch

he's a weirdo.

Either that, or he doesn't like being corrected. :P
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="heeweesRus"][QUOTE="Bucked20"]gamerguru100

Yes, because some idiots on Twitter represent all 200 million non-Hispanic whites in the US. That's some great logic you got going there.

DUANE.gif?1303443119

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 gamerguru100

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="heeweesRus"]mems_1224

DUANE.gif?1303443119

?
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#168 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="heeweesRus"]mems_1224

DUANE.gif?1303443119

:lol: dat gif :lol:
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"] Gotta correct you on #2. The US has no official language, but English is the national language. 

Source

gamerguru100

- Yes, the United States is a melting pot. I've stated that several times in this thread. A melting poit which encourages people from all walks of life and all corners of the globe to come and build a new life for themselves here. That does not mean that must give up their culture to "assimilate" into WASP culture.

- Who the f*ck said anything about global influence? Now you're trying to counter arguments that have not been made.

- Bullshit. This idea of assimilation is nothing more that xenophobia rearing its head. Assimilation is the subugation of one culture by another. When we tell people the must assimilate we're telling them their culture is worthless, that they must adopt our culture no matter how unnatural it is for them.

- As I've said before, I have no chip on my shoulder. As I've said before I love being of Anglo heritage. Stop making groundless assumptions that you're already been called on you ignoramus.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

.....LOL what these morons don't realize is that Marc Anthony was born in Newyork.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#171 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
Oh..THAT trash site again. Does that guy have nothing better to do then spy in twitter for remarks he can repost? Oh, and you people need to figure out when people are just saying stuff to get attention. Nothing to see here.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 TheWalkingGhost

.....LOL what these morons don't realize is that Marc Anthony was born in Newyork.

WilliamRLBaker
Calls people morons....Spells it Newyork.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 TheWalkingGhost
[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]stay classy white peopleheeweesRus

Racism rears it's ugly head in this thread. Look at those tweets, not all were White...In fact, one was by a Black dude.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#174 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

God still has any relevance in America? wow

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points