Marc Anthony publicly trashed on Twitter for singing God Bless America

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] But as a human race, isn't the point of anything on this planet is to breed and pass along genes? You don't see animals of different fur colors not liking each other. They just see their species and not the color of their fur. Also did you just tried to relate racism to biting your fingernails? You haven't given me a viable reason. Sounds like you would be one of those people who would post something like that on twitter and just wanna defend itChris_Williams

Oh great, now I'm being accused of racism because I believe racists shouldn't be downgraded because they have a different opinion than us.

I didn't see any opinions in those twitter posts. No one said he singing was horrible, no one said "I think he was alright", no one said he sung great. All the posts and that site were about how he wasn't an American. Which isn't a opinion because its a fact that he was born here in America. So what were the opinions in the posts? I must have missed them. Those were ignorant stupid posts. People even replied to a few of those posts and told those people he was born in America and yet because he's latino, they still didn't consider him American. How is that not stupid.

Let me clarify. Those people are stupid. I'm saying that we shouldn't consider all racist people stupid because we don't agree with them. That itself is ignorance.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

[QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

Is someone really getting bothered about ignorant racist shitbags being called stupid?

sherman-tank1

Now, now. They're not stupid, they just "have a different opinion". :roll:

Well these people obviously are stupid but not all of them. We may disagree with them but I have met some very intelligent racists. Should they call us stupid because we don't agree with them?

nazi's were intiligent people but you don't see anyone defending what they did as "awww they just had a different opinion", come on man. I'm not asking you to be outraged or anything but to say "they just have a different opinion", well that kind of thinking can be applied to any f*cked up aspect of our society. awww don't charge pedophiles they just have a different opinion. Awww don't charge rapists they just have a different opinion and they are also intelligent. You see what i'm getting at?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="JML897"] Now, now. They're not stupid, they just "have a different opinion". :roll:Chris_Williams

Well these people obviously are stupid but not all of them. We may disagree with them but I have met some very intelligent racists. Should they call us stupid because we don't agree with them?

nazi's were intiligent people but you don't see anyone defending what they did as "awww they just had a different opinion", come on man. I'm not asking you to be outraged or anything but to say "they just have a different opinion", well that kind of thinking can be applied to any f*cked up aspect of our society. awww don't charge pedophiles they just have a different opinion. Awww don't charge rapists they just have a different opinion and they are also intelligent. You see what i'm getting at?

Nazis can be nazis all they want. Once they start to act on their belief is when problems arise. You can support rape all you want but once you do it becomes a problem. You can support racism all you want but once you start killing minorities it becomes a problem. At least that is what I believe.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="JML897"] Now, now. They're not stupid, they just "have a different opinion". :roll:Chris_Williams

If you read mein Kamf you can understand Hitler's logic. His logic comes before we had DNA, which proves there's no genetic trait for race(Two black people can have a white child). Race was thought to be genetically coded. Race is determined by your ancestries need for "sun block", which then your melanocytes kick in. This is why a white man can turn black(tan), and black people can lose their pigment over years of lack of sun light(desk job).
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Chris_Williams
[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]Well these people obviously are stupid but not all of them. We may disagree with them but I have met some very intelligent racists. Should they call us stupid because we don't agree with them?Fightingfan

If you read mein Kamf you can understand Hitler's logic. His logic comes before we had DNA, which proves there's no genetic trait for race(Two black people can have a white child). Race was thought to be genetically coded. Race is determined by your ancestries need for "sun block", which then your melanocytes kick in. This is why a white man can turn black(tan), and black people can lose their pigment over years of lack of sun light(desk job).

you know I stopped taking you serious like 3 posts ago right?
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Fightingfan
^ But days science bro. You believe in science, right? Go stand outside in Africa all day for a week, and watch you turn Mulatto (assuming you ain't black-black).
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Fightingfan
Leave the Nazi Party alone - Fuhrer got some much shit done in 8 years. Medicine evolved, guns, space technology, missiles - probably would of cured cancer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Leave the Nazi Party alone - Fuhrer got some much shit done in 8 years. Medicine evolved, guns, space technology, missiles - probably would of cured cancer. Fightingfan
Only made the third worse massacre in history.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Leave the Nazi Party alone - Fuhrer got some much shit done in 8 years. Medicine evolved, guns, space technology, missiles - probably would of cured cancer. sherman-tank1

He didn't kill anyone - he's innocent of murder. His party has probably saved more lives than they killed with the advancement of medicine alone. Anabolic steroids help aids, cancer, and people suffering from body wasting diseases daily.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

Where was the public outcry when Celine Dion sang god bless america?

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

[QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

Is someone really getting bothered about ignorant racist shitbags being called stupid?

sherman-tank1

Now, now. They're not stupid, they just "have a different opinion". :roll:

Racists are stupid no matter what. :lol:

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 frannkzappa
Member since 2012 • 3003 Posts

Why must we consider all people who are racist stupid? Just because they have different opinions than us doesn't make them any less intelligent than everyone else. I'm not racism by any means, but just because they are racist doesn't make them uneducated.

sherman-tank1

racism is illogical and irrational it is by definition a hallmark of stupidity.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

Where was the public outcry when Celine Dion sang god bless america?

GummiRaccoon

She's white

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Leave the Nazi Party alone - Fuhrer got some much shit done in 8 years. Medicine evolved, guns, space technology, missiles - probably would of cured cancer. Fightingfan

He didn't kill anyone - he's innocent of murder. His party has probably saved more lives than they killed with the advancement of medicine alone. Anabolic steroids help aids, cancer, and people suffering from body wasting diseases daily.

those are dangerus opinions Fightingfan...

Nazi's were pure evil and everything they did was wrong.:roll:

pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts
murca
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
OT is literally defending Hitler right now
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Chris_Williams
OT is literally defending Hitler right nowJML897
bu bu but Hitler just had a different opinion then everyone else
DJ419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DJ419
Member since 2005 • 1016 Posts

Is anybody considering the possibility that these arent exactly sincere people making these twitter posts? This seems more likely a group of basement dwellers with multiple troll accounts trying to make a ruckus.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="JML897"] Now, now. They're not stupid, they just "have a different opinion". :roll:Jebus213

Racists are stupid no matter what. :lol:

If that isn't ignorant then I don't know what is.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 frannkzappa

no one is defending hitler nazi contributions are separate from there irrationalitys and inefficiencies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

Why must we consider all people who are racist stupid? Just because they have different opinions than us doesn't make them any less intelligent than everyone else. I'm not racism by any means, but just because they are racist doesn't make them uneducated.

frannkzappa

Logic is subjective.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

No that is fightingfan trying to stir up trouble. 

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 JML897

Is anybody considering the possibility that these arent exactly sincere people making these twitter posts? This seems more likely a group of basement dwellers with multiple troll accounts trying to make a ruckus.

DJ419
Nah. There are a lot of really, really stupid people on twitter.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 JML897
[QUOTE="DJ419"]

JML897

Er, I mean, "people with different opinions"
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

sherman-tank1

Logic is subjective.

of course it is, everything is imperfect.

but humans have a genetically agreed upon standard that approximates logic and hating people for non real reasons is not it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="DJ419"]

JML897

Er, I mean, "people with different opinions"

I don't understand why I have to keep repeating myself. You assume I'm defending these people.

DJ419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DJ419
Member since 2005 • 1016 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ419"]

JML897

And there are plenty of people with no social lives and way too much time on their hands. Think about it, given the type of people who have no problem making racist statements public under their real names. How many of these people have any idea who Marc Anthony is? This sounds ludicrous.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 JML897

Think about it, given the type of people who have no problem making racist statements public under their real names. How many of these people have any idea who Marc Anthony is? This sounds ludicrous.DJ419
They didn't have to know who Marc Anthony is, they were just watching the beginning of a sporting event and this hispanic-looking dude sang God Bless America

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

frannkzappa

Logic is subjective.

but humans have a genetically agreed upon standard that approximates logic and hating people for non real reasons is not it.

But it is not absolute so how can everybody agree upon it. Anyways, I'm tired of this agreement. perhaps we can agree to disagree? 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="DJ419"]

DJ419

And there are plenty of people with no social lives and way too much time on their hands. Think about it, given the type of people who have no problem making racist statements public under their real names. How many of these people have any idea who Marc Anthony is? This sounds ludicrous.

Agreed. The only Marc Anthony I know commited suicide in Egypt.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 JML897
You guys are seriously overestimating twitter users.
nomsayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 nomsayin
Member since 2013 • 1346 Posts

[QUOTE="nomsayin"]

i'd like to think most of them are joking

worlock77

You can't be that naive.

People know it'd be social suicide if they say things like that, especially when blacks are one of the largest minority groups in the country.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]Logic is subjective.

sherman-tank1

But it is not absolute so how can everybody agree upon it. Anyways, I'm tired of this agreement. perhaps we can agree to disagree?

there are no absolutes in the physical world, we are used to that and operate based on that..

there is a thing called acceptable margin of error which makes near universal consensus possible.

nomsayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 nomsayin
Member since 2013 • 1346 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="nomsayin"]

i'd like to think most of them are joking

jimkabrhel

You can't be that naive.

Look who you are talking to.

You do realize that was a persona, correct? 

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

I think those idiots forgot the point of this Country. 

Chris_Williams

Exactly.  Nobody should be identifying themselves as American other than for describing where they are from.  Lots of people describe themselves as American in a way that signifies a closed group of like-minded people, when the real purpose of the USA is that there isn't any single unifying feature.  There is nothing to be proud or defensive of, its just a land mass with thousands of different groups all going about their busienss.  Nationalism and complete control of one set of rules over the entire country will be the destruction of the country.  This is why the federal government is growing too large - it alienates certain beliefs and forces laws on everyone.  It unifies the nation in a destructive way.  You end up getting people like these tweeters who think it means something to be American when it shouldn't.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

The reason this happens is because people are fed up with Hispanics coming to the US and refusing to assimilate.  We don't want to live in Mexico and that is pretty much what is beginning to happen or has happened in parts of the US.  Most Americans want this problem of illegal immigration to stop without giving amnesty to those here illegally.  Not because we don't like hispanics but the cultural impact is profound.  Most Americans are tired and nervous about the spanish language becoming an expected norm in our society.  To name a few reasons...  Overall the hispanicification of american culture is out of control and in 30 years this country will culturally be unrecognizable as it once was.

Whether you agree or not, this is where all the hate towards the hispanic community is coming from in relation to patriotism in the US.  

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Fightingfan

The reason this happens is because people are fed up with Hispanics coming to the US and refusing to assimilate.  We don't want to live in Mexico and that is pretty much what is beginning to happen or has happened in parts of the US.  Most Americans want this problem of illegal immigration to stop without giving amnesty to those here illegally.  Not because we don't like hispanics but the cultural impact is profound.  Most Americans are tired and nervous about the spanish language becoming an expected norm in our society.  To name a few reasons...  Overall the hispanicification of american culture is out of control and in 30 years this country will culturally be unrecognizable as it once was.

Whether you agree or not, this is where all the hate towards the hispanic community is coming from in relation to patriotism in the US.  

junglist101
Those Mexicans are using cultural imperialism - smart folks.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
Funny there's so much Hitler talk in this thread, because the people who run "public shaming" are the type of people that reported their neighbors in Europe during WW2. Would take a loud mouthed internet twitter troll over them any day of the week.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

You guys are seriously overestimating twitter users. JML897

No twitter represents the United States obviously. AmeriKKKa is still racist and fat and obviously Canada is so much better and in perfect harmony. I mean, come on Canada has never been racist! I know that for a fact even though I never been to Canada and I'm just a 13 year old hippie idiot. Derp.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#91 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Damn racists can go to hell...
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

junglist101

Here's a sound plan to solve that problem that seems to be haunting you. 

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 JML897

junglist101
wtf what sparked this post
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#94 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

[QUOTE="Jehuty08"]

Is it sad that Im not surprised by things like this anymore?

Netherscourge

What's even more sad is that these people are posting with their real names and some photos of themselves and it's like they don't even care.

These are the instances where I hope the NSA IS tracking and logging all their names, photo IDs and statements so they can be compiled for use against them in the future. Maybe add them to a National Racists Database or something so they can be denied Social Security benefits when they retire for being UNAMERICAN themselves.

Oh wouldn't THAT be justice.

The government shouldn't have a "National Racists Database". And if these people are "denied Social Security benefits" than they shouldn't have to pay payroll taxes to support Social Security.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

I feel like it's too much to expect of some people that they figure out to never pay attention to FB/youtube/twitter comments.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
I wonder if these people have ever watched a hockey game with a Canadian and American team playing each other, they always sing both anthems and depending where the game is held, sometimes it's not even an American singing their anthem. Yikes, some people just find anything to whine about.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

junglist101

And what is American culture? America is a land of immigrants. A land founded by immigrants. A land shaped by immigrants. A land that has always courted immigrants. A land that has always prided itself on being a melting pot. So what exactly is this American culture that that immigrants should "assimilate" into?

(And by the way, if someone lives in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona or California then they really have no room whatsoever to bitch about Hispanics not "assimilating".)

Furthermore, the person in question here is no immigrant. He is a natural born US citizen born to parents who are natural born US citizens.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

I wonder if these people have ever watched a hockey game with a Canadian and American team playing each other, they always sing both anthems and depending where the game is held, sometimes it's not even an American singing their anthem. Yikes, some people just find anything to whine about.XilePrincess

I wonder if they're that bothered by Hispanics why they're watching Major League Baseball to begin with.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts
Disgraceful display of stupidity and prejudice.Renevent42
Indeed....
mmwmwmmwmwmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 mmwmwmmwmwmm
Member since 2008 • 620 Posts
can we please stop taking racists seriously? i mean seriously. that goes for "ermagherd white privilege" crowd too.