Is the USA healthcare system a joke compared to other countries

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

in other countries, doctors get paid only $100,000

what a joke.

kingkong0124

Only?:lol:

Americans and their sense of entitlement and always complaining.

Sense of entitlement and complaining? Doctors deserve much more money that $100,000....the work hours, amount of stress, and high level of education all make it one of the hardest jobs in the world. But then again, who knows, you might be the type that is satisfied struggling to make ends meet.

What's funny is that Americans pay the most for the least amount of coverage. That MIGHT have something to do with doctors day.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

what a joke.

kingkong0124

Sense of entitlement and complaining? Doctors deserve much more money that $100,000....the work hours, amount of stress, and high level of education all make it one of the hardest jobs in the world. But then again, who knows, you might be the type that is satisfied struggling to make ends meet.

What the hell is your standard of living that you consider $100,000 to be struggling to make ends meet?
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

what a joke.

kingkong0124

In a country where the vast majority of the population makes below 30K, 100K is a LOT of money, it's not "only" 100K. With 100K in such a country you live like a king. So no, in such a country doctors don't deserve more than 100K.

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="Mike-uk"]Money hungry doctors, all they do is take your money then play golf.nunovlopes

Jealous? And considering the amount of stress your average doctor has and hours your average doctor works, it's not simply just "taking your money and playing golf".

Your *average* doctor doesn't have the amount of stress you're implying. It's not all like you see in TV series.

Still, I'm all for doctors being quite well paid, it's a job that carries a great deal of responsiblity. Thing is I see many young people that very clearly say they go into med school because of the money. No doctor that focus on money first will ever be a good doctor. It should be first and foremost about helping other people.

It's definitely more stress than your average job at the office.. And yes, I agree the intent of a doctor should be to help people first and foremost (helping people will give you more satisfaction than money ever will), but they without a doubt deserve much more than $100,000.
Mike-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 Mike-uk
Member since 2008 • 2088 Posts
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

DroidPhysX

What's funny is that Americans pay the most for the least amount of coverage. That MIGHT have something to do with doctors day.

It is pretty funny when you think about it. Although maybe thats why they're so pissed. =)
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 kingkong0124

nunovlopes

In a country where the vast majority of the population makes below 30K, 100K is a LOT of money, it's not "only" 100K. With 100K in such a country you live like a king.

ever heard about the costs of med school? 100k is a lot of money, but it's not what doctors SHOULD be making.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 kingkong0124

Tylendal

What the hell is your standard of living that you consider $100,000 to be struggling to make ends meet?

I never said it wasn't?...
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

what a joke.

kingkong0124
Wow news to me. I should tell a few family members that there's been errors in their paychecks for the last 20 years.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/15/how-much-do-doctors-in-other-countries-make/

GPs. lol.
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"] Sense of entitlement and complaining? Doctors deserve much more money that $100,000....the work hours, amount of stress, and high level of education all make it one of the hardest jobs in the world. But then again, who knows, you might be the type that is satisfied struggling to make ends meet. kingkong0124

In a country where the vast majority of the population makes below 30K, 100K is a LOT of money, it's not "only" 100K. With 100K in such a country you live like a king.

ever heard about the costs of med school? 100k is a lot of money, but it's not what doctors SHOULD be making.

In most European countries education is free or relatively cheap. In my country, you can get a doctor's degree without spending much money. Under these conditions 100K is really really a lot of money.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"] Sense of entitlement and complaining? Doctors deserve much more money that $100,000....the work hours, amount of stress, and high level of education all make it one of the hardest jobs in the world. But then again, who knows, you might be the type that is satisfied struggling to make ends meet. kingkong0124

Countries with universal health care more often than not have free education. Where's the cost of med school now?
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 kingkong0124

nunovlopes

In most European countries education is free or relatively cheap. In my country, you can get a doctor's degree without spending much money. Under these conditions 100K is really really a lot of money.

Not when like half of it goes to welfare leeches.
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts

you are not addressing any of my arguments you are only re-spouting political lines http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1094/is_n2_v28/ai_13834930/surrealnumber5
What didn't i address? Wow you really believe that? Look at other 1st world countries in the modern world right now, they all have some form of universal health care which have lower costs and most access to care. Showing that his point of reducing regulations is just wrong, also Health care is not like any other market due to the fact people die if they don't get treatment.

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 kingkong0124

DroidPhysX

Countries with universal health care more often than not have free education. Where's the cost of med school now?

privatized education is better ex: private schools, ivy leagues
35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

As an outsider, I can't understand how you guys in the US would ever have such a healthcare system in the first place:?

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"] ever heard about the costs of med school? 100k is a lot of money, but it's not what doctors SHOULD be making. kingkong0124

Are you talking about taxes? Because they pay more in taxes than we do, but the stuff that costs us the most (read: healthcare/student debt) doesn't cost them nearly as much since it's "free", so to speak.
Mike-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 Mike-uk
Member since 2008 • 2088 Posts

As an outsider, I can't understand how you guys in the US would ever have such a healthcare system in the first place:?

35cent
Universal health care means no profit, if there is one thing America is in love with its profit.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 kingkong0124

l4dak47

Are you talking about taxes? Because they pay more in taxes than we do, but the stuff that costs us the most (read: healthcare/student debt) doesn't cost them nearly as much since it's "free", so to speak.

large percentages of their taxes also go in the name of welfare.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Ace6301
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="l4dak47"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"] Not when like half of it goes to welfare leeches.

large percentages of their taxes also go in the name of welfare.

Less than yours.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"] ever heard about the costs of med school? 100k is a lot of money, but it's not what doctors SHOULD be making.

That isn't relevant to my point. With countries in Europe churning out more and more qualified people at a higher rate thanks to the absence of obscene tuition costs, it's clear that for profit education system is designed to benefit few. There's a reason we have a trillion dollar student loan debt.
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"] Jealous? And considering the amount of stress your average doctor has and hours your average doctor works, it's not simply just "taking your money and playing golf".

kingkong0124

Your *average* doctor doesn't have the amount of stress you're implying. It's not all like you see in TV series.

Still, I'm all for doctors being quite well paid, it's a job that carries a great deal of responsiblity. Thing is I see many young people that very clearly say they go into med school because of the money. No doctor that focus on money first will ever be a good doctor. It should be first and foremost about helping other people.

It's definitely more stress than your average job at the office.. And yes, I agree the intent of a doctor should be to help people first and foremost (helping people will give you more satisfaction than money ever will), but they without a doubt deserve much more than $100,000.

100k is criminal. Damn third world labour.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ace6301
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Countries with universal health care more often than not have free education. Where's the cost of med school now?

That isn't relevant to my point. With countries in Europe churning out more and more qualified people at a higher rate thanks to the absence of obscene tuition costs, it's clear that for profit education system is designed to benefit few. There's a reason we have a trillion dollar student loan debt.

Debts good for you, builds character. That's what my bank told me.
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 l4dak47

thebest31406

Again, they have little/no student debt, so it's quite a bit of money to them.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 kingkong0124
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Countries with universal health care more often than not have free education. Where's the cost of med school now?

the reason for the high costs of post-secondary education is because of government intervention.
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
[QUOTE="l4dak47"][QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"] It's definitely more stress than your average job at the office.. And yes, I agree the intent of a doctor should be to help people first and foremost (helping people will give you more satisfaction than money ever will), but they without a doubt deserve much more than $100,000.

I was being sarcastic lol
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 kingkong0124
[QUOTE="l4dak47"][QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"] It's definitely more stress than your average job at the office.. And yes, I agree the intent of a doctor should be to help people first and foremost (helping people will give you more satisfaction than money ever will), but they without a doubt deserve much more than $100,000.

and then a good portion of it goes back to welfare leeches
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]you are not addressing any of my arguments you are only re-spouting political lines http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1094/is_n2_v28/ai_13834930/Person0

What didn't i address? Wow you really believe that? Look at other 1st world countries in the modern world right now, they all have some form of universal health care which have lower costs and most access to care. Showing that his point of reducing regulations is just wrong, also Health care is not like any other market due to the fact people die if they don't get treatment.

so it is just like the food and waste disposal/treatment industries. it is just like any other industry. i cant tell that any of your posts are even directed at me as they are political talking points that do not relate to my argument what so ever.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 kingkong0124
DroidPhysX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGL-Ex1CD1c&t=2m54s
35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

[QUOTE="35cent"]

Mike-uk

Universal health care means no profit, if there is one thing America is in love with its profit.

It just seems insane that healthcare would be a profit driven industry. A public and private sector for healthcare is the way to go

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 l4dak47
[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="l4dak47"][QUOTE="thebest31406"] 100k is criminal. Damn third world labour.

I was being sarcastic lol

Ah, my apologies, then.
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 l4dak47
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="l4dak47"][QUOTE="thebest31406"] 100k is criminal. Damn third world labour.

and then a good portion of it goes back to welfare leeches

Yea........? They'll get it back. Money does circulate, you know.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"] privatized education is better ex: private schools, ivy leagues

the reason for the high costs of post-secondary education is because of government intervention.

And while the U.S. education system flames out with higher tuition cost and an impending bubble burst, it should consider that their type of government intervention, the type that DOESN'T make it free for everyone, is failing at monumental proportions.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="Mike-uk"][QUOTE="35cent"]

35cent

It just seems insane that healthcare would be a profit driven industry. A public and private sector for healthcare is the way to go

no "way to go" is the only sustainable "way to go"
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] That isn't relevant to my point. With countries in Europe churning out more and more qualified people at a higher rate thanks to the absence of obscene tuition costs, it's clear that for profit education system is designed to benefit few. There's a reason we have a trillion dollar student loan debt.

And while the U.S. education system flames out with higher tuition cost and an impending bubble burst, it should consider that their type of government intervention, the type that DOESN'T make it free for everyone, is failing at monumental proportions.

FREE!
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Countries with universal health care more often than not have free education. Where's the cost of med school now?DroidPhysX

Me thinks you don't know what a for profit education system is. Schools like Harvard, Yale, Princeton, etc. aren't for profit. For profit some garbage like ITT Tech or DeVry.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 l4dak47

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"] privatized education is better ex: private schools, ivy leagues Aljosa23

Me thinks you don't know what a for profit education system is. Schools like Harvard, Yale, Princeton, etc. aren't for profit. For profit some garbage like ITT Tech or DeVry.

Mhm, yes, but we get charged a ridiculous amount of money at the "non-profit" colleges, too.
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 l4dak47
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"] the reason for the high costs of post-secondary education is because of government intervention.

FREE!

You don't think there's anything wrong with our current higher education system?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

[QUOTE="Person0"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]you are not addressing any of my arguments you are only re-spouting political lines http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1094/is_n2_v28/ai_13834930/surrealnumber5

so it is just like the food and waste disposal/treatment industries. it is just like any other industry. i cant tell that any of your posts are even directed at me as they are political talking points that do not relate to my argument what so ever.

Point 1: Charities could fix everything if the damn government just stopped being involved

Got any source for that because it seems like trillions of dollars is a little more then charities could provide, also numerous charities are less efficient then 1 large body like the government being able to allocate money and resources.

Point 2: Everybody had insurance until the government got involved.

I have not been able to find the statistic of 95% you said, however in 1954 the government passed incentives to employees and employers to help get people health insurance. (Government action leads to more people insured) The only statistic i could find that was close was that in 1958 just 4 years later only 75% of people had SOME form of private insurance, which seems odd that in just 4 years 20% lost their insurance coverage. This also does not indicate the quality of the insurance.

Point 3:Medicare and regulations led to increase costs in health care that are a direct result of government intervention

If government intervention was the only cause of increased health care costs why are more regulated countries have a significantly lower increase in health care costs, that just makes no sense if your point is that government intervention leads to health cost increases. The relatively free market of the U.S has faster increases in costs which helps proves the opposite of your point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Mhm, yes, but we get charged a ridiculous amount of money at the "non-profit" colleges, too. l4dak47
High demand for post-secondary education in the US. People are expected now to go to University so the few spots that are available in the top-tier schools have ridiculously high prices, so naturally this trickles down into the lower-tier schools. Though I've heard the state-run schools aren't that bad.

The prices here in Canada are all dictated by the Government. Our best schools (University of Toronto, McGill University, and University of British Columbia) are all publically funded schools. Even the schools a tier below cost around the same. You won't see a school in Canada that costs more than 10k a year.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="Person0"] What didn't i address? Wow you really believe that? Look at other 1st world countries in the modern world right now, they all have some form of universal health care which have lower costs and most access to care. Showing that his point of reducing regulations is just wrong, also Health care is not like any other market due to the fact people die if they don't get treatment.

Person0

Point 1: Charities could fix everything if the damn government just stopped being involved Got any source for that because it seems like trillions of dollars is a little more then charities could provide, also numerous charities are less efficient then 1 large body like the government being able to allocate money and resources.

Point 2: Everybody had insurance until the government got involved. I have not been able to find the statistic of 95% you said, however in 1954 the government passed incentives to employees and employers to help get people health insurance. (Government action leads to more people insured) The only statistic i could find that was close was that in 1958 just 4 years later only 75% of people had SOME form of private insurance, which seems odd that in just 4 years 20% lost their insurance coverage. This also does not indicate the quality of the insurance.

Point 3:Medicare and regulations led to increase costs in health care that are a direct result of government intervention If government intervention was the only cause of increased health care costs why are more regulated countries have a significantly lower increase in health care costs, that just makes no sense if your point is that government intervention leads to health cost increases. The relatively free market of the U.S has faster increases in costs which helps proves the opposite of your point.

so if its not government its not going to get done, just so you know, there is no thing called "government" just people equipment and a history of force and oppression. there is literally nothing 'government' can do that men cant. government action, just like they did in the housing industry, i bet it made medical more affordable just like it did housing. wait, prices shot through the roof and created an unsustainable system. just like in health care!
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 l4dak47

[QUOTE="l4dak47"]Mhm, yes, but we get charged a ridiculous amount of money at the "non-profit" colleges, too. Aljosa23

High demand for post-secondary education in the US. People are expected now to go to University so the few spots that are available in the top-tier schools have ridiculously high prices, so naturally this trickles down into the lower-tier schools. Though I've heard the state-run schools aren't that bad.

The prices here in Canada are all dictated by the Government. Our best schools (University of Toronto, McGill University, and University of British Columbia) are all publically funded schools. Even the schools a tier below cost around the same. You won't see a school in Canada that costs more than 10k a year.

I would kill for 10 grand a year or less. Lucky bastard. As it stands now, if I go to a decent school, I'll probably rack up at least 50-80 grand at the end. At the Ivy League schools, it can easily run into hundreds of thousands of dollars.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="l4dak47"]Mhm, yes, but we get charged a ridiculous amount of money at the "non-profit" colleges, too. Aljosa23

i bet you i will find many many colleges in canada well over 10k/Yr. just not today, give it 6 months or a year or two tops.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Ace6301
I would kill for 10 grand a year or less. l4dak47
Do you provide your own equipment or is that extra?
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="l4dak47"]Mhm, yes, but we get charged a ridiculous amount of money at the "non-profit" colleges, too. l4dak47

I would kill for 10 grand a year or less. Lucky bastard. As it stands now, if I go to a decent school, I'll probably rack up at least 50-80 grand at the end. At the Ivy League schools, it can easily run into hundreds of thousands of dollars.

i went to a great school for my field, one of the best in the nation, and it was 12-14/semester but that is a 2000 increase over a 3 year period. expect this trend to continue.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

lol, mandated healthcare.

cool when it is in massachusetts and called romneycare.

socialist muslim nazi commie plot when it is nationwide and called obamacare.

how fuking silly are people?

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 l4dak47
[QUOTE="l4dak47"]I would kill for 10 grand a year or less. Ace6301
Do you provide your own equipment or is that extra?

Books, health insurance, food, etc, you have to pay on top of the tuition and room and board.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

I would kill for 10 grand a year or less. Lucky bastard. As it stands now, if I go to a decent school, I'll probably rack up at least 50-80 grand at the end. At the Ivy League schools, it can easily run into hundreds of thousands of dollars. l4dak47
Would all of that be debt, though? I was under the impression that most of the top schools provide very generous endowments to their students. Ivy League schools in particular.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

[QUOTE="Person0"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] so it is just like the food and waste disposal/treatment industries. it is just like any other industry. i cant tell that any of your posts are even directed at me as they are political talking points that do not relate to my argument what so ever. surrealnumber5

Point 1: Charities could fix everything if the damn government just stopped being involved Got any source for that because it seems like trillions of dollars is a little more then charities could provide, also numerous charities are less efficient then 1 large body like the government being able to allocate money and resources.

Point 2: Everybody had insurance until the government got involved. I have not been able to find the statistic of 95% you said, however in 1954 the government passed incentives to employees and employers to help get people health insurance. (Government action leads to more people insured) The only statistic i could find that was close was that in 1958 just 4 years later only 75% of people had SOME form of private insurance, which seems odd that in just 4 years 20% lost their insurance coverage. This also does not indicate the quality of the insurance.

Point 3:Medicare and regulations led to increase costs in health care that are a direct result of government intervention If government intervention was the only cause of increased health care costs why are more regulated countries have a significantly lower increase in health care costs, that just makes no sense if your point is that government intervention leads to health cost increases. The relatively free market of the U.S has faster increases in costs which helps proves the opposite of your point.

so if its not government its not going to get done, just so you know, there is no thing called "government" just people equipment and a history of force and oppression. there is literally nothing 'government' can do that men cant. government action, just like they did in the housing industry, i bet it made medical more affordable just like it did housing. wait, prices shot through the roof and created an unsustainable system. just like in health care!

You are not addressing any points that i bring up I can't even tell if you are replying to me. You know points like actual facts and statisitics.

(While showing things like the housing crisis that can also be attributed to lax regulations)

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 l4dak47
[QUOTE="l4dak47"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]High demand for post-secondary education in the US. People are expected now to go to University so the few spots that are available in the top-tier schools have ridiculously high prices, so naturally this trickles down into the lower-tier schools. Though I've heard the state-run schools aren't that bad.

surrealnumber5

i went to a great school for my field, one of the best in the nation, and it was 12-14/semester but that is a 2000 increase over a 3 year period. expect this trend to continue.

:( My only solace is that my major is in pretty high demand so I'll be able to pay off the debt.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 surrealnumber5

lol, mandated healthcare.

cool when it is in massachusetts and called romneycare.

socialist muslin nazi commie plot when it is nationwide and called obamacare.

how fuking silly are people?

Riverwolf007
implied: people like romney or romneycare :/
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 l4dak47

[QUOTE="l4dak47"]I would kill for 10 grand a year or less. Lucky bastard. As it stands now, if I go to a decent school, I'll probably rack up at least 50-80 grand at the end. At the Ivy League schools, it can easily run into hundreds of thousands of dollars. Aljosa23

Would all of that be debt, though? I was under the impression that most of the top schools provide very generous endowments to their students. Ivy League schools in particular.

Yes, they do because they know how ridiculous it is. Still, it's a bit scary just looking at the numbers.