Is the human fetus a parasite according to science?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 galerouth
Member since 2012 • 184 Posts

[QUOTE="galerouth"]can you prove me wrong with science? do you know what a cop-out is?Teenaged

1. You are disproven:

Parasitism is a type of non mutual relationship between organisms of different species

2. We dont have to disprove you, cause whatever you're trying to infer from your conclusion that the fetus is a parasite, is just a subjective opinion.

yeah, on opposite day in the year of NEVER. as a zygote, it invaded the woman's uterus using its TROPHOBLAST cells, hijacked her immune system by using NEUROKININ B and HCG--- so her body doesn't kill it, steals her nutrients to survive, and causes her harm or potential death. "It is also possible for a symbiotic relationship to exist between two organisms of the same species." http://www.answers.com/topic/symbiosis -- Gale's Science of Everyday Things. just like a parasitic twin --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitic_twin "an animal or plant that lives in or on another (the host) from which it obtains nourishment. The host does not benefit from the association and is often harmed by it" http://www.thefreedictionary.com/parasite pregnancy CAUSES HARM: http://www.thelizlibrary.org/liz/004.htm since you believe that "Parasitism is a type of non mutual relationship between organisms of different species" then what's a parasitic twin?
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#52 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
[QUOTE="galerouth"][QUOTE="Meinhard1"]

"This is SCIENCE!"

*cites mainly wikipedia and yahoo answers*

:lol:

I'm pretty sure that science draws a distinction between parasitism and reproduction. Reproduction is an important characteristic of life; I mean look at our bodies - reproductive organs make up a significant part of the male and female anatomy.

and your point is? the fact that women evolved with uteri is moot...as a zygote, it invaded the woman's uterus using its TROPHOBLAST cells, hijacked her immune system by using NEUROKININ B and HCG--- so her body doesn't kill it, steals her nutrients to survive, and causes her harm or potential death. "an animal or plant that lives in or on another (the host) from which it obtains nourishment. The host does not benefit from the association and is often harmed by it" http://www.thefreedictionary.com/parasite

So, every person is a mugger before they're even born?
galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 galerouth
can you prove it wrong? let me repost it. THE BIBLE: the bible supported abortion, that was done by a priest, in god's name, in his holly temple! the 1984 NIV footnote of numbers 5:11-31 explained what "to thy thigh to rot, they belly to swell" meant: numbers 5:21 "or causes you to have a miscarrying womb and barrenness" to CAUSE a miscarrying womb IS an abortion. 'Ephraim, as I saw Tyre, is planted in a pleasant place; but Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer." Give them, O LORD -- what wilt Thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts...Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit; yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.' HOSEA 9-16 the judeo-christian god is a myth and historical evidence proves it. 3.3.3 ATHEISM: A HISTORY OF GOD (Part 1) http://www.evilbible.com/god http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_about/abortion.html THIS IS THE LAW: ABORTION IS A CIVIL AND CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT SUPPORTED BY THE RIGHTS TO PRIVACY, THE EQUAL PROTECTION CLAUSE OF THE 14TH AMENDMENT, AND THE 13TH AMENDMENT. NO HUMAN ( that means the FETUS, too) has a right to life or any due process rights by the 14th amendment to use another human's body or body parts AGAINST their will, civil and constitutional rights: that's why you are not forced to donate your kidney---the human fetus is no exception; this is supported by the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment AND 13th amendment, which makes reproductive slavery unconstitutional. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Protection_Clause "Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction. " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution this makes viability unconstitutional because pregnancy is not a crime. consensual sex=/= a legal, binding contract to an unwanted fetus to live; and abortion is not murder, the unlawful killing with intent. THIS IS SCIENCE: FETUS IS NOT A BABY (GOOGLE THE HUMAN DEVELOPMENT CHART), but a parasite because the classification of the biological relationship that is based on the behavior one organism (fetus) and how it relates to the woman's body. as a zygote, it invaded the woman's uterus using its TROPHOBLAST cells, hijacked her immune system by using NEUROKININ B and HCG--- so her body doesn't kill it, steals her nutrients to survive, and causes her harm or potential death. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trophoblast "The placenta functions as an immunological barrier between the mother and the fetus, creating an immunologically privileged site. For this purpose, it uses several mechanisms: It secretes Neurokinin B containing phosphocholine molecules. This is the same mechanism used by parasitic nematodes to avoid detection by the immune system of their host.[2]" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immune_tolerance_in_pregnancy "Progesterone enriches the uterus with a thick lining of blood vessels and capillaries so that it can sustain the growing fetus. Due to its highly-negative charge, hCG may repel the immune cells of the mother, protecting the fetus during the first trimester. It has also been hypothesized that hCG may be a placental link for the development of local maternal immunotolerance." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin "It is also possible for a symbiotic relationship to exist between two organisms of the same species." http://www.answers.com/topic/symbiosis -- Gale's Science of Everyday Things. just like a parasitic twin --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitic_twin "an animal or plant that lives in or on another (the host) from which it obtains nourishment. The host does not benefit from the association and is often harmed by it" http://www.thefreedictionary.com/parasite pregnancy CAUSES HARM: http://www.thelizlibrary.org/liz/004.htm
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 branketra
can you prove it wrong? galerouth
Do I need to?
fantasyfacade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 fantasyfacade
Member since 2006 • 8317 Posts
It makes sense. To be honest I always believed us to not be mammals, but more something like a parasite or virus. Mammals adapt to the world around them, while humans hijack the world around them, multiple in great numbers and move on when their is nothing left.
masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 masterdrat
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts
hahaha, now yahoo is science... don't trust what you read on the internet, even if it makes sense in your head. Watch out! I'm going to sneeze in your face.
ColdExistence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ColdExistence
Member since 2011 • 974 Posts

Nah. A human fetus is a human fetus.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
The human fetus is both a baby and a parasite, but it's definitely not a part of a woman's body that can be thrown away on a whim...
masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 masterdrat
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts
Btw, it's not because 2 things share similar properties or comportement that they are the exact same thing...
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 branketra

It makes sense. To be honest I always believed us to not be mammals, but more something like a parasite or virus. Mammals adapt to the world around them, while humans hijack the world around them, multiple in great numbers and move on when their is nothing left.fantasyfacade
Birds build nests, gorillas make camps, ants de-leaf entire trees in a night. African bees are taking over Central America.The saying goes that the discovery of fire sparked human civilization. The big difference is we're smarter. Some human societies have lived in relative harmony with the land. Some still do, like the Australian Aborginals and in a different way, feng shui practitioners. China has terraced rice fields.

Even though the bad does outweigh the good, it's better than nothing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#61 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Science has no place in your argument. Please dont reference it.

nicksonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 nicksonman
Member since 2009 • 1221 Posts
A parasite / virus destroys the host within which it's living. Sound familiar?
Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
According to science a parasite is an organism that lives on or in an organism of another species, therefore fetus =/= parasite
galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 galerouth
[QUOTE="BranKetra"] So, every person is a mugger before they're even born?

what? if you CHOOSE to live by the philosophy, i guess ...git r' done --- you have to be a sentient being with higher mental abilities to make the decision to mug a person, and a fetus is a non-sentient being--- but if it makes you feel good, do-it-to-it. i go by science, because like thunderfoot said, " science works"
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Technically, it can be classified as a parasite, but the word parasite throws a demographic off.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 branketra
[QUOTE="BranKetra"] So, every person is a mugger before they're even born?galerouth
what? if you CHOOSE to live by the philosophy, i guess ...git r' done --- you have to be a sentient being with higher mental abilities to make the decision to mug a person, and a fetus is a non-sentient being--- but if it makes you feel good, do-it-to-it. i go by science, because like thunderfoot said, " science works"

I could say the same to you. Classifying all babies as parasites is pretty out there.
galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 galerouth
[QUOTE="galerouth"]can you prove it wrong? BranKetra
Do I need to?

yes, mr. smarty-pants... we are not going to act like religious-retards up in here, and expect everyone should jebus without proof he is real. if you say that i'm wrong, prove it or go join a circle jerk, or play WOW, or something.
fantasyfacade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#68 fantasyfacade
Member since 2006 • 8317 Posts
[QUOTE="fantasyfacade"]It makes sense. To be honest I always believed us to not be mammals, but more something like a parasite or virus. Mammals adapt to the world around them, while humans hijack the world around them, multiple in great numbers and move on when their is nothing left.BranKetra
Birds build nests, gorillas make camps, ants de-leaf entire trees in a night. African bees are taking over Central America.The saying goes that the discovery of fire sparked human civilization. The big difference is we're smarter. Some human societies have lived in relative harmony with the land. Some still do, like the Australian Aborginals and in a different way, feng shei practitioners. China has terraced rice fields. Even though the bad does outweigh the good, it's better than nothing.

What I'm trying to say is that in science our behavioral characteristics as a whole are closer to that of a virus then it is to the behavior of a mammal. You have listed off some mammals, but none of them have actually destroyed what they have made their home in. We are smart, therefore we should know better, but we continue to bleed the earth of its natural resources and in the process destroy land. While some of us have learned to coexist, many of us are not willing to give up the things we know harm the environment. The only thing those of us who wish to co-exist can do is to try to change it, but it is a slow process and unfortunately may not be enough.
galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 galerouth
[QUOTE="galerouth"][QUOTE="BranKetra"] So, every person is a mugger before they're even born?BranKetra

I could say the same to you. Classifying all babies as parasites is pretty out there.

player pimp, when did i say a BABY was a parasite? oh, yeah on opposite day in the year of never. try again.
galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 galerouth
wow, your favorite movie must be VIRUS with jamie lee curtis. www.imdb.com/title/tt0120458/
galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 galerouth
[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="fantasyfacade"]It makes sense. To be honest I always believed us to not be mammals, but more something like a parasite or virus. Mammals adapt to the world around them, while humans hijack the world around them, multiple in great numbers and move on when their is nothing left.fantasyfacade
Birds build nests, gorillas make camps, ants de-leaf entire trees in a night. African bees are taking over Central America.The saying goes that the discovery of fire sparked human civilization. The big difference is we're smarter. Some human societies have lived in relative harmony with the land. Some still do, like the Australian Aborginals and in a different way, feng shei practitioners. China has terraced rice fields. Even though the bad does outweigh the good, it's better than nothing.

What I'm trying to say is that in science our behavioral characteristics as a whole are closer to that of a virus then it is to the behavior of a mammal. You have listed off some mammals, but none of them have actually destroyed what they have made their home in. We are smart, therefore we should know better, but we continue to bleed the earth of its natural resources and in the process destroy land. While some of us have learned to coexist, many of us are not willing to give up the things we know harm the environment. The only thing those of us who wish to co-exist can do is to try to change it, but it is a slow process and unfortunately may not be enough.

that's make sense, agent smith WAS right.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#72 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Obviously the TC is trolling, but lets clarify a few things. Taking some quotes from medical literature out of context does not substitute for proof. A parasite is an invasive foreign invadingorganism that does not contribute anything positive to the host organism. A fetus is none of those things. If you look up biological life scientifically, you will understand better what goes on during pregancy. A women's egg becomes fertilized by a male sperm. Thus half the women's DNA and half the man's comprise the early embryo which will develop into the fetus. So it is not foreign. The women'sbody anticipates this process and produces many things to expedite this. Women have sex drives which help to encourage reproduction. They ovulate to help increase fertility. The uterus is a specially designed organ to house a growing embryo until it develops into a mature fetus. The fetus is kept alive by a functioning women's reproductive organs. That is what their design is for. So it is not invading.

Finally, looking at biological life - not philosophical- the purpose of biologic entitiesis to pass on andensure the survivability of their genes.So a fetus is serving the prime functionof a living organism - reproduction. All life needs in order to persist. Every biological organismthat weknow today functions that way. That's the end purpose of them. Otherwise, their species would no longerexist.

Now, this is not a referendum on the legality of abortion. That is a whole other issue. This is just a reflection that a fetus isnot a parasite.

galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 galerouth

Technically, it can be classified as a parasite, but the word parasite throws a demographic off.

Big_Pecks
i know, parasite isn't really bad word...it's just how an organism survives.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

A parasite / virus destroys the host within which it's living. Sound familiar?Nicksonman

:lol:

galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 galerouth
According to science a parasite is an organism that lives on or in an organism of another species, therefore fetus =/= parasiteTokeism
can prove all of this wrong? THIS IS SCIENCE: FETUS IS NOT A BABY (GOOGLE THE HUMAN DEVELOPMENT CHART), but a parasite because the classification of the biological relationship that is based on the behavior one organism (fetus) and how it relates to the woman's body. as a zygote, it invaded the woman's uterus using its TROPHOBLAST cells, hijacked her immune system by using NEUROKININ B and HCG--- so her body doesn't kill it, steals her nutrients to survive, and causes her harm or potential death. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trophoblast "The placenta functions as an immunological barrier between the mother and the fetus, creating an immunologically privileged site. For this purpose, it uses several mechanisms: It secretes Neurokinin B containing phosphocholine molecules. This is the same mechanism used by parasitic nematodes to avoid detection by the immune system of their host.[2]" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immune_tolerance_in_pregnancy "Progesterone enriches the uterus with a thick lining of blood vessels and capillaries so that it can sustain the growing fetus. Due to its highly-negative charge, hCG may repel the immune cells of the mother, protecting the fetus during the first trimester. It has also been hypothesized that hCG may be a placental link for the development of local maternal immunotolerance." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin "It is also possible for a symbiotic relationship to exist between two organisms of the same species." http://www.answers.com/topic/symbiosis -- Gale's Science of Everyday Things. just like a parasitic twin --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitic_twin "an animal or plant that lives in or on another (the host) from which it obtains nourishment. The host does not benefit from the association and is often harmed by it" http://www.thefreedictionary.com/parasite pregnancy CAUSES HARM: http://www.thelizlibrary.org/liz/004.htm
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 branketra
yes, mr. smarty-pants... we are not going to act like religious-retards up in here, and expect everyone should jebus without proof he is real. if you say that i'm wrong, prove it or go join a circle jerk, or play WOW, or something.galerouth
You've already been proven wrong.
when did i say a BABY was a parasite? galerouth
I meant an unborn baby. In other words, a fetus. Some babies are strictly breast fed for a while after birth, too. Isn't that the same thing you've been saying?
What I'm trying to say is that in science our behavioral characteristics as a whole are closer to that of a virus then it is to the behavior of a mammal. You have listed off some mammals, but none of them have actually destroyed what they have made their home in. We are smart, therefore we should know better, but we continue to bleed the earth of its natural resources and in the process destroy land. While some of us have learned to coexist, many of us are not willing to give up the things we know harm the environment. The only thing those of us who wish to co-exist can do is to try to change it, but it is a slow process and unfortunately may not be enough.fantasyfacade
That's how most people are these days. As far as I know, you're right about those creatures.
galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 galerouth

Obviously the TC is trolling, but lets clarify a few things. sonicare

A parasite is an invasive foreign invadingorganism that does not contribute anything positive to the host organism. A fetus is none of those things. If you look up biological life scientifically, you will understand better what goes on during pregancy. A women's egg becomes fertilized by a male sperm. Thus half the women's DNA and half the man's comprise the early embryo which will develop into the fetus. So it is not foreign.sonicare
wrong, the zygote is a foreign object because it's has half of the man's dna...why do you think it has to invade and hijack a woman's immune system to survive? what you do think Rh-factor issues, are? [QUOTE="sonicare"] The women'sbody anticipates this process and produces many things to expedite this. Women have sex drives which help to encourage reproduction. They ovulate to help increase fertility. The uterus is a specially designed organ to house a growing embryo until it develops into a mature fetus. The fetus is kept alive by a functioning women's reproductive organs. That is what their design is for.[QUOTE="sonicare"] and your point is? as a zygote, it STILL invaded the woman's uterus using its TROPHOBLAST cells, hijacked her immune system by using NEUROKININ B and HCG--- so her body doesn't kill it, steals her nutrients to survive, and causes her harm or potential death. "an animal or plant that lives in or on another (the host) from which it obtains nourishment. The host does not benefit from the association and is often harmed by it" http://www.thefreedictionary.com/parasite if what you said is 100%-- the zygote wouldn't have to invade and hijack a woman's body, but it does.
Every biological organismthat weknow today functions that way. That's the end purpose of them. Otherwise, their species would no longerexist.

Now, this is not a referendum on the legality of abortion. That is a whole other issue. This is just a reflection that a fetus isnot a parasite.

sonicare
wow, you should work for hallmark, the fact is , again: "as a zygote, it invaded the woman's uterus using its TROPHOBLAST cells, hijacked her immune system by using NEUROKININ B and HCG--- so her body doesn't kill it, steals her nutrients to survive, and causes her harm or potential death." that's a parasite, regardless of how mammals reproduce... what WE produce is a parasite by symbiosis. accept it, science.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 branketra
I honestly don't see what your point is. Instead of invading, would you rather it asked nicely and waited for a response?
galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 galerouth
I honestly don't see what your point is. Instead of invading, would you rather it asked nicely and waited for a response?BranKetra
oh, you are so cute. you make me feel like a little school all over again.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]I honestly don't see what your point is. Instead of invading, would you rather it asked nicely and waited for a response?galerouth

Are you serious?

You've been arguing this whole time that a fetus is a parasite.

Parasites are negative creatures. Having offspring continues a species.It's a positive trait. That's the point. The universe doesn't build on nothing. You have to give what you want to get out. Read about the "law of conversation of energy." That's what happens in a pregnancy. It isn't a parasite, as already said by many others ITT.

I'm not sure why you keep arguing these minute points because the overall reason for the zygote's actions is a positive one.

galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 galerouth

[QUOTE="galerouth"][QUOTE="BranKetra"]I honestly don't see what your point is. Instead of invading, would you rather it asked nicely and waited for a response?BranKetra

Are you serious?

Parasites are negative creatures. Having offspring continues a species.It's a positive trait. That's the point. The universe doesn't build on nothing. You have to give what you want to get out. Read about the "law of conversation of energy." That's what happens in a pregnancy. It isn't a parasite, as already said by many others ITT.

I'm not sure why you keep arguing these minute points because the overall reason for the zygote's actions is a positive one.

negative is a emo-word, anyways. "Having offspring continues a species.It's a positive trait" according to whom? women been having abortions, thus your point is moot. fetus is a parasite because of the way it behaves to the woman's body, and symbiosis doesn't have anything to do with the whole entire species, just two or more organism. you can't coming back here, because you like to be verbally abused by me, duh --- you know i'm right --- i gots swag and mad pimp skillz! THIS IS SCIENCE: FETUS IS NOT A BABY (GOOGLE THE HUMAN DEVELOPMENT CHART), but a parasite because the classification of the biological relationship that is based on the behavior one organism (fetus) and how it relates to the woman's body. as a zygote, it invaded the woman's uterus using its TROPHOBLAST cells, hijacked her immune system by using NEUROKININ B and HCG--- so her body doesn't kill it, steals her nutrients to survive, and causes her harm or potential death. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trophoblast "The placenta functions as an immunological barrier between the mother and the fetus, creating an immunologically privileged site. For this purpose, it uses several mechanisms: It secretes Neurokinin B containing phosphocholine molecules. This is the same mechanism used by parasitic nematodes to avoid detection by the immune system of their host.[2]" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immune_tolerance_in_pregnancy "Progesterone enriches the uterus with a thick lining of blood vessels and capillaries so that it can sustain the growing fetus. Due to its highly-negative charge, hCG may repel the immune cells of the mother, protecting the fetus during the first trimester. It has also been hypothesized that hCG may be a placental link for the development of local maternal immunotolerance." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin "It is also possible for a symbiotic relationship to exist between two organisms of the same species." http://www.answers.com/topic/symbiosis -- Gale's Science of Everyday Things. just like a parasitic twin --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitic_twin "an animal or plant that lives in or on another (the host) from which it obtains nourishment. The host does not benefit from the association and is often harmed by it" http://www.thefreedictionary.com/parasite pregnancy CAUSES HARM: http://www.thelizlibrary.org/liz/004.htm
DarthTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DarthTuna
Member since 2011 • 707 Posts

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

[QUOTE="galerouth"] oh, you are so cute. you make me feel like a little school all over again.galerouth

Are you serious?

negative is a emo-word, anyways. "Having offspring continues a species.It's a positive trait" according to whom? women been having abortions, thus your point is moot. fetus is a parasite because of the way it behaves to the woman's body, and symbiosis doesn't have anything to do with the whole entire species, just two or more organism. you can't coming back here, because you like to be verbally abused by me, duh --- you know i'm right --- i gots swag and mad pimp skillz! THIS IS SCIENCE: FETUS IS NOT A BABY (GOOGLE THE HUMAN DEVELOPMENT CHART), but a parasite because the classification of the biological relationship that is based on the behavior one organism (fetus) and how it relates to the woman's body. as a zygote, it invaded the woman's uterus using its TROPHOBLAST cells, hijacked her immune system by using NEUROKININ B and HCG--- so her body doesn't kill it, steals her nutrients to survive, and causes her harm or potential death. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trophoblast "The placenta functions as an immunological barrier between the mother and the fetus, creating an immunologically privileged site. For this purpose, it uses several mechanisms: It secretes Neurokinin B containing phosphocholine molecules. This is the same mechanism used by parasitic nematodes to avoid detection by the immune system of their host.[2]" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immune_tolerance_in_pregnancy "Progesterone enriches the uterus with a thick lining of blood vessels and capillaries so that it can sustain the growing fetus. Due to its highly-negative charge, hCG may repel the immune cells of the mother, protecting the fetus during the first trimester. It has also been hypothesized that hCG may be a placental link for the development of local maternal immunotolerance." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin "It is also possible for a symbiotic relationship to exist between two organisms of the same species." http://www.answers.com/topic/symbiosis -- Gale's Science of Everyday Things. just like a parasitic twin --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitic_twin "an animal or plant that lives in or on another (the host) from which it obtains nourishment. The host does not benefit from the association and is often harmed by it" http://www.thefreedictionary.com/parasite pregnancy CAUSES HARM: http://www.thelizlibrary.org/liz/004.htm

When a women has a child, she releases endorphins on that child. It is somewhat positive. Woman do have abortions, because they feel like they are inadequate to take care of that child. Women don't just get abortions for rec purposes.

DarthTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 DarthTuna

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

[QUOTE="galerouth"] oh, you are so cute. you make me feel like a little school all over again.galerouth

Are you serious?

Think about somone who tried to save somone stuck in a burning building..the person performing the rescue has no benefit from it and is putting themselves in extreme harm. It does not make it a bad thing though.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#84 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
technically yes, Invades your body, takes over, makes your body ill, ect ect
OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 OrkHammer007
Member since 2006 • 4753 Posts

How many times are you going to repost the OP, just out of sheer curiosity? I want to know how many more times I need to refuse to re-read it.

DarthTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DarthTuna

the goal of almost all animals is to survive and re produce.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="galerouth"]can you prove me wrong with science? do you know what a cop-out is?galerouth

1. You are disproven:

Parasitism is a type of non mutual relationship between organisms of different species

2. We dont have to disprove you, cause whatever you're trying to infer from your conclusion that the fetus is a parasite, is just a subjective opinion.

yeah, on opposite day in the year of NEVER. as a zygote, it invaded the woman's uterus using its TROPHOBLAST cells, hijacked her immune system by using NEUROKININ B and HCG--- so her body doesn't kill it, steals her nutrients to survive, and causes her harm or potential death. "It is also possible for a symbiotic relationship to exist between two organisms of the same species." http://www.answers.com/topic/symbiosis -- Gale's Science of Everyday Things. just like a parasitic twin --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitic_twin "an animal or plant that lives in or on another (the host) from which it obtains nourishment. The host does not benefit from the association and is often harmed by it" http://www.thefreedictionary.com/parasite pregnancy CAUSES HARM: http://www.thelizlibrary.org/liz/004.htm since you believe that "Parasitism is a type of non mutual relationship between organisms of different species" then what's a parasitic twin?

Weird, I also cited wikipedia when I said that parasitism is between organisms of different species.

If you also look at other articles of wikipedia such as the article on commensalism and see some linked articles to it, you'll see that some bacteria such entamoeba coli that fall under commensalism (which means that the parasite benefits from the host but the host isnt harmed) are called parasites.

So there goes your whole definition of parasite and its negative aspect. If we go by wikipedia that is.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#89 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

No, your own offspring can't be a parasite. At least not until it gets to be 25 years old and is still living at home :lol:

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#90 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

This is disgusting way to interpret things.

BranKetra

Objectively? ok.

galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 galerouth

[QUOTE="galerouth"][QUOTE="Teenaged"]1. You are disproven:

Teenaged

Weird, I also cited wikipedia when I said that parasitism is between organisms of different species.

If you also look at other articles of wikipedia such as the article on commensalism and see some linked articles to it, you'll see that some bacteria such entamoeba coli that fall under commensalism (which means that the parasite benefits from the host but the host isnt harmed) are called parasites.

So there goes your whole definition of parasite and its negative aspect. If we go by wikipedia that is.

that wiki page doesn't count that parasites can be the same species at the host, just it has a page about parasitic twins...the editors need to fix that. "It is also possible for a symbiotic relationship to exist between two organisms of the same species." http://www.answers.com/topic/symbiosis -- Gale's Science of Everyday Things. just like a parasitic twin --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitic_twin
galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 galerouth
[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]technically yes, Invades your body, takes over, makes your body ill, ect ectthegerg
You seem to be confused. A woman's body is not invaded by a fetus.

THIS IS SCIENCE: FETUS IS NOT A BABY (GOOGLE THE HUMAN DEVELOPMENT CHART), but a parasite because the classification of the biological relationship that is based on the behavior one organism (fetus) and how it relates to the woman's body. as a zygote, it invaded the woman's uterus using its TROPHOBLAST cells, hijacked her immune system by using NEUROKININ B and HCG--- so her body doesn't kill it, steals her nutrients to survive, and causes her harm or potential death. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trophoblast "The placenta functions as an immunological barrier between the mother and the fetus, creating an immunologically privileged site. For this purpose, it uses several mechanisms: It secretes Neurokinin B containing phosphocholine molecules. This is the same mechanism used by parasitic nematodes to avoid detection by the immune system of their host.[2]" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immune_tolerance_in_pregnancy "Progesterone enriches the uterus with a thick lining of blood vessels and capillaries so that it can sustain the growing fetus. Due to its highly-negative charge, hCG may repel the immune cells of the mother, protecting the fetus during the first trimester. It has also been hypothesized that hCG may be a placental link for the development of local maternal immunotolerance." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin
Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Planet_Pluto
Member since 2011 • 2235 Posts

Ah, the lengths people go to in order to rationalize killing an unborn baby.

Too bad people don't just call it what it is.... Killing. It's not like killing isn't 'acceptable' in other areas of life. We kill people on the battle field. We kill people on death row. Wekill people in self defence. Etc, etc

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="galerouth"] yeah, on opposite day in the year of NEVER. as a zygote, it invaded the woman's uterus using its TROPHOBLAST cells, hijacked her immune system by using NEUROKININ B and HCG--- so her body doesn't kill it, steals her nutrients to survive, and causes her harm or potential death. "It is also possible for a symbiotic relationship to exist between two organisms of the same species." http://www.answers.com/topic/symbiosis -- Gale's Science of Everyday Things. just like a parasitic twin --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitic_twin "an animal or plant that lives in or on another (the host) from which it obtains nourishment. The host does not benefit from the association and is often harmed by it" http://www.thefreedictionary.com/parasite pregnancy CAUSES HARM: http://www.thelizlibrary.org/liz/004.htm since you believe that "Parasitism is a type of non mutual relationship between organisms of different species" then what's a parasitic twin?galerouth

that wiki page doesn't count that parasites can be the same species at the host, just it has a page about parasitic twins...the editors need to fix that. "It is also possible for a symbiotic relationship to exist between two organisms of the same species." http://www.answers.com/topic/symbiosis -- Gale's Science of Everyday Things. just like a parasitic twin --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitic_twin

If you think that wikipedia's articles can contain errors then dont quote it again.

Your quote doesnt even mention the word parasite/parasitic.

Dont you think that this doesnt help what you're trying to prove?

galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 galerouth
[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="galerouth"][QUOTE="thegerg"] You seem to be confused. A woman's body is not invaded by a fetus.

THIS IS SCIENCE: FETUS IS NOT A BABY (GOOGLE THE HUMAN DEVELOPMENT CHART), but a parasite because the classification of the biological relationship that is based on the behavior one organism (fetus) and how it relates to the woman's body. as a zygote, it invaded the woman's uterus using its TROPHOBLAST cells, hijacked her immune system by using NEUROKININ B and HCG--- so her body doesn't kill it, steals her nutrients to survive, and causes her harm or potential death. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trophoblast "The placenta functions as an immunological barrier between the mother and the fetus, creating an immunologically privileged site. For this purpose, it uses several mechanisms: It secretes Neurokinin B containing phosphocholine molecules. This is the same mechanism used by parasitic nematodes to avoid detection by the immune system of their host.[2]" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immune_tolerance_in_pregnancy "Progesterone enriches the uterus with a thick lining of blood vessels and capillaries so that it can sustain the growing fetus. Due to its highly-negative charge, hCG may repel the immune cells of the mother, protecting the fetus during the first trimester. It has also been hypothesized that hCG may be a placental link for the development of local maternal immunotolerance." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin

Reposting that same snippet doesn't make you right. Nor is anyone arguing that a fetus is a baby, why do you think pointing this out aids you argument? Anyway, a fetus does not invade a woman's body. It is actually created by a woman's body. Maybe you should take an intro to biology class.

actually, it does because that's the evidence that proves i'm right --- try to debunk the evidence that i posted with science, not your opinion. wrong, the zygote is half created by the woman's DNA, once that happens... it's a foreign object, if the zygote doesn't invade and/or hijack the woman's body properly, her body will kill it. "While the mother's and baby's blood systems are separate there are times when the blood from the baby can enter into the mother's system. This can cause the mother to create antibodies against the Rh factor, thus treating an Rh positive baby like an intruder in her body. If this happens the mother is said to be sensitized. A sensitized mother's body will make antibodies. These antibodies will then attack an Rh positive baby's blood, causing it to breaking down the red blood cells of the baby and anemia will develop. In severe cases this hemolytic disease can cause illness, brain damage and even death." http://pregnancy.about.com/od/rhfactor/a/Rh-Factor-in-Pregnancy.htm http://pregnancy.about.com/od/rhfactor/a/Rh-Factor-in-Pregnancy.htm
galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 galerouth
[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="galerouth"][QUOTE="thegerg"] You seem to be confused. A woman's body is not invaded by a fetus.

Reposting that same snippet doesn't make you right. Nor is anyone arguing that a fetus is a baby, why do you think pointing this out aids you argument? Anyway, a fetus does not invade a woman's body. It is actually created by a woman's body. Maybe you should take an intro to biology class.

actually, it does because that's the evidence that proves i'm right --- try to debunk the evidence that i posted with science, not your opinion. wrong, the zygote is half created by the woman's DNA, once that happens... it's a foreign object, if the zygote doesn't invade and/or hijack the woman's body properly, her body will kill it. "While the mother's and baby's blood systems are separate there are times when the blood from the baby can enter into the mother's system. This can cause the mother to create antibodies against the Rh factor, thus treating an Rh positive baby like an intruder in her body. If this happens the mother is said to be sensitized. A sensitized mother's body will make antibodies. These antibodies will then attack an Rh positive baby's blood, causing it to breaking down the red blood cells of the baby and anemia will develop. In severe cases this hemolytic disease can cause illness, brain damage and even death." http://pregnancy.about.com/od/rhfactor/a/Rh-Factor-in-Pregnancy.htm http://pregnancy.about.com/od/rhfactor/a/Rh-Factor-in-Pregnancy.htm
galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 galerouth

[QUOTE="galerouth"][QUOTE="Teenaged"]Weird, I also cited wikipedia when I said that parasitism is between organisms of different species.

Teenaged

If you think that wikipedia's articles can contain errors then dont quote it again.

Your quote doesnt even mention the word parasite/parasitic.

Dont you think that this doesnt help what you're trying to prove?

can you prove wiki wrong?
galerouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 galerouth

Ah, the lengths people go to in order to rationalize killing an unborn baby.

Too bad people don't just call it what it is.... Killing. It's not like killing isn't 'acceptable' in other areas of life. We kill people on the battle field. We kill people on death row. Wekill people in self defence. Etc, etc

Planet_Pluto
unborn baby is a misnomer and oxymoron of the human development chart.