Do you consider yourself dumb, average, or smart?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts

Average.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
[QUOTE="KittyHeart"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="KittyHeart"]

Oh, i had community college/university teaching in mind lol i dont think anyone enjoys hgh school teachign

That would be an awesome job. You are in total control of "your little world", so to speak You will need at least a Masters to teach at a community college/junior college Most Universities require a PhD...unless you have accomplished some extraordinary things in the real world

i think with your enthusiasm for learning, you can get your masters easily and teach at a community college or somtehing. it will be a great job :)

i would love to do it

I agree 100%... It is something that I plan on doing at some point in my life...just not right now. I was way too young when I taught HS (too close in age to the students, fresh out of college). It made things a lot more difficult on my end. -I just don't want to make the same mistake twice
trodeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#253 trodeback
Member since 2007 • 3161 Posts

I think I've finally come to realize that I'm just an average joe. I got fairly good grades in High School and considered myself a smart person, college is a different story. IMO You don't really know how smart you are until you get to college and see real competition.

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#254 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

Come to think of it, I'm average. It's just because I was stuck with the biggest nerds ever in HS.

Avatar image for wiistation36000
wiistation36000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 wiistation36000
Member since 2009 • 215 Posts

I see myself as ignorant, but not stupid.

KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#256 KittyHeart
Member since 2009 • 1340 Posts

I think I've finally come to realize that I'm just an average joe. I got fairly good grades in High School and considered myself a smart person, college is a different story. IMO You don't really know how smart you are until you get to college and see real competition.

trodeback
that is so true. my friends always said that high school is like spoon feeding but college is like dog feeding though his analogy was quite weird, i felt it was correct.
MJ4040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 MJ4040
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts
[QUOTE="KittyHeart"][QUOTE="trodeback"]

that is so true. my friends always said that high school is like spoon feeding but college is like dog feeding though his analogy was quite weird, i felt it was correct.

College can be hard for anybody. It depends on how well prepared you are for it, not about how "smart" you are.
Dude_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Dude_ownage
Member since 2009 • 232 Posts
I consider myself intelligent rather than smart. I am smart too...but I'm more intelligent.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 rawsavon

College can be hard for anybody. It depends on how well prepared you are for it, not about how "smart" you are.MJ4040

I don't know if I agree with this 100%
-some preparation is good, but give me intelligence over preparation any day
-you still have to do the work, but being smart sure makes life a lot easier

All I know is that as far as studying goes, I did VERY little
-but I made sure to do all the work that was assigned and always went to cla$$

Edit:
-the main keys to college IMO (in order)
1. got o cla$$
2. do the work (assignments)
3. intelligence
4. study
5. prepared for college life/what is expected

LODisapproval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 LODisapproval
Member since 2009 • 98 Posts
dumb 8% [26] average 33% [107] smart 59% [194] Yes, that's quite the bell-curve.
OODALOOP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#262 OODALOOP
Member since 2004 • 36350 Posts

down's syndrome

LODisapproval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 LODisapproval
I consider myself intelligent rather than smart. I am smart too...but I'm more intelligent.Dude_ownage
Read: smart yet socially inept, amirite?
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
Average, completely average.
OODALOOP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 OODALOOP
[QUOTE="LODisapproval"]dumb 8% [26] average 33% [107] smart 59% [194] Yes, that's quite the bell-curve.

It's more demonstrative of the average person's denial of their being average, if not slightly below average. There have been many studies on the subject. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority
KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 KittyHeart

[QUOTE="MJ4040"] College can be hard for anybody. It depends on how well prepared you are for it, not about how "smart" you are.rawsavon
I don't know if I agree with this 100% -some preparation is good, but give me intelligence over preparation any day -you still have to do the work, but being smart sure makes life a lot easier All I know is that as far as studying goes, I did VERY little -but I made sure to do all the work that was assigned and to go to cla$$

I agree with savon's points here. very good

preparation can only go so far in college.

KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 KittyHeart
[QUOTE="bt_the_great_78"][QUOTE="LODisapproval"]dumb 8% [26] average 33% [107] smart 59% [194] Yes, that's quite the bell-curve.

It's more demonstrative of the average person's denial of their being average, if not slightly below average. There have been many studies on the subject. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority

lol, looking like an exponential X^2 intelligence curve
ZenesisX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#268 ZenesisX
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts

People say that i am smart all the time, but i personally only feel average:?

LODisapproval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 LODisapproval
exponential X^2KittyHeart
ಠ_ಠ
Smallville417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Smallville417
Member since 2009 • 437 Posts

Smart, which surprises people who assume I'm a meathead because I am a weightlifter.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 rawsavon

Smart, which surprises people who assume I'm a meathead because I am a weightlifter.

Smallville417
weightlifter = dumb????? I have never encountered that...in other words, people have never assumed that about me
KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 KittyHeart
[QUOTE="KittyHeart"]exponential X^2LODisapproval
ಠ_ಠ

what...? o.o
Smallville417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Smallville417
Member since 2009 • 437 Posts

[QUOTE="Smallville417"]

rawsavon

weightlifter = dumb????? I have never encountered that...in other words, people have never assumed that about me

I've actually had people tell me they didn't expect me to be very smart when they first saw/met me. They thought of me as a bodybuilder and assumed my whole life was built around lifting weights and that I had just been some dumb jock in school previously. There are a lot of people who still sterotype. For whatever reason people find it unusual I could bench 405 lbs and had been an honor student in high school.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="Smallville417"]

Smallville417

I've actually had people tell me they didn't expect me to be very smart when they first saw/met me. They thought of me as a bodybuilder and assumed my whole life was built around lifting weights and that I had just been some dumb jock in school previously. There are a lot of people who still sterotype. For whatever reason people find it unusual I could bench 405 lbs and had been an honor student in high school.

That sucks... I may not be quite as big as you though -when I go lean I am around 205, when I go for size/bulk I am around 220 But people always treat me like I am intelligent. That would probably be about the quickest way for someone to really annoy me (to treat me like I am stupid)
KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 KittyHeart

intertsing... working out makes people assume youre dumb...

ok... weird

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 rawsavon

intertsing... working out makes people assume youre dumb...

ok... weird

KittyHeart
Has never happened to me...but apparently to others
OODALOOP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 OODALOOP

[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="Smallville417"]

Smallville417

Everyone on the internet has a genius IQ and can bench 405 lbs. I don't know why anyone would find you unusual.

KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 KittyHeart

[QUOTE="Smallville417"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"] weightlifter = dumb????? I have never encountered that...in other words, people have never assumed that about mebt_the_great_78

Everyone on the internet has a genius IQ and can bench 405 lbs. I don't know why anyone would find you unusual.

LOL!

Avatar image for Mythbuster4ever
Mythbuster4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Mythbuster4ever
Member since 2007 • 2846 Posts
I think that my intelligence in average, but the fact that I apply myself to learning things more than the average person gives me a veneer of high intelligence.
Burnt_Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Burnt_Star
Member since 2009 • 105 Posts
On the barrier between average and smart. People who know me personally would say average, people who know me academically would say smart.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts
[QUOTE="bt_the_great_78"][QUOTE="LODisapproval"]dumb 8% [26] average 33% [107] smart 59% [194] Yes, that's quite the bell-curve.

That may be a factor, but Gamespot users (or members of any other interest group) are not representative of the overall general populace. If you surveyed people on Slashdot you'd probably also get a high percentage of people claiming to be smart. Also, it's a self-selection poll, so maybe people who think they are smart are more likely to respond to it.