Do you consider yourself dumb, average, or smart?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

Smart...

Not that school is necessarily and indicator, but atm it is the only applicable evidence at hand.
-I am four cla$$es away from degree number 4 and have only had 1 B in college (rest A's)
-I got paid to go to school because of my scholastic abilities/achievements

But, in all reality, someone would have to develop an intelligence test that only measures intelligence (not common knowledge and cultural tendencies) for us to have any reasonable conclusion about this

Intelligence is your capacity to learn; wisdom is the knowledge you have accumulated.
A 10 year old genius should score higher than me on an "intelligence" test, but that is not usually the case because most measure a combination of intelligence and wisdom.
I would love to see someone develop a pure intelligence test (only measures your capacity to learn)...would be fun to take IMO.

MetalGear_Ninty

Four degrees, huh? What in, if you don't mind saying?

1. Psychology
2. Secondary Education
3. Accounting
4. Four cla$$es away from my mathematics degree

To be honest, I would love to get about 10 more
-sociology, history, philosophy, political science, economics, finance, religious studies, and many others
-but life is not exactly set up to support a lifetime of learning like that

KzJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 KzJoe
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

I'm getting smarter everyday so I'm egegbfersigbysols

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
I am quite smart. It tends to happen when one grows up reading books and watching shows related to science and history.
WGTC007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154 WGTC007
Member since 2007 • 6522 Posts

I'm just average 8)

hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#155 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts

im asian im smart lol :D

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
A buddy of mine and I bet each other to take the Mensa test and I got in. I think it means I'm smarter than 98% of America.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#157 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Neither, I would say I am "wise".

I am not really booksmart, but I have great street smarts and I am really good with people; they tell me their problems, and they always say I give good advice.

So yea, I would say I have average smarts in terms of knowledge (i.e. knowing stuff about the world) but I am wise and sage

rjxtian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#158 rjxtian
Member since 2005 • 2638 Posts

Since I am always right, and seldom wrong, I am pretty smart.

Avatar image for BreakTheseLinks
BreakTheseLinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 BreakTheseLinks
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts

I can'treply tothat question with a definite answer as the word "smart" is a fairly vague term. One can be smart in having great problem solving ability (fluid intelligence) or be able to memorize large amounts of information and regurgitate said information (crystallized intelligence.) If we are referring to the latter, then yes, I am smart.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#160 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I like to think I'm fairly intelligent.
ff7fan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 ff7fan2
Member since 2006 • 31413 Posts
I used to think that I was smart, but as I'm growing older, I'm realizing that I'm about average.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#162 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

i consider myself smart

ariz3260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 ariz3260
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts

1. Psychology
2. Secondary Education
3. Accounting

-sociology, history, philosophy, political science, economics, finance, religious studies, and many others

rawsavon

Holy cow dude, what career path do you plan to take once you are done with school, or are you aiming for grad school?

iginlawasup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#164 iginlawasup
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

Pretty smart.

smc91352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 smc91352
Member since 2009 • 7786 Posts

Pretty smart.

iginlawasup

Don't you own a Mac? :?

XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Member since 2007 • 2399 Posts
I'm pretty smart I guess.
cronomagus36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#167 cronomagus36
Member since 2009 • 12663 Posts
People at school will call me smart a lot because of my good grades, but I'd consider that more towards hard-working than intelligence. I'll go with average, maybe a little above.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

1. Psychology
2. Secondary Education
3. Accounting

ariz3260

Holy cow dude, what career path do you plan to take once you are done with school, or are you aiming for grad school?

I "graduated" in May and took an accounting job in Dallas.
I had to start paying off my student loans.
-I got paid to go to school for my first degree, but all the scholarships and grants stop after you walk across the stage that first time (some lessons are learned the hard way).

My hope is that this was not the last time I "graduate"...hopefully I will be in a place where I can go back and live my dream of being a career student...doubtful, but dreams make life worth living.

Revixe06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Revixe06
Member since 2008 • 1021 Posts

average, but I can act smart occasionally :P

ariz3260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 ariz3260

-I got paid to go to school for my first degree, but all the scholarships and grants stop after you walk across the stage that first time (some lessons are learned the hard way).

My hope is that this was not the last time I "graduate"...hopefully I will be in a place where I can go back and live my dream of being a career student...doubtful, but dreams make life worth living.

rawsavon

That is an excellent dream worth pursuing, and kudos to you even after having 4 degrees you still have the energy and interest to go for more. If I have the financial freedom to do so that would be the first thing I would do: go back to school.

You seem like the type who have a very board interest in many things, accounting might not be the best fit for you since it is a very monotonous. It could be a very cushy and stable job with high income guarantee but the job itself vary little and many people found it quite unchallenging after awhile.

Hope you'll enjoy it, and an accounting career can definitely allows for a nice standard of living and pay the bills... and then some

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

[QUOTE="ariz3260"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

1. Psychology
2. Secondary Education
3. Accounting

rawsavon

You should take law and political science.. I highly recommend law.. you see things alot differently!

cowplayinghalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 cowplayinghalo
Member since 2005 • 1642 Posts
[QUOTE="t3hrubikscube"]I put myself down and call myself stupid all the time, but I don't actually think that I am a person of low intelligence. I was a very advanced kid, and I'd probably still be that advanced if I hadn't gotten lazy. I think that I'm a smart person, but I don't put in enough effort. I could be a lot smarter. Also, I'm not good at everything. Certain things don't come naturally for me...like math, unfortunately...:(

Same here lol. Hey, at least you're smart enough to realize you're not good at everything
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Dumb.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

ariz3260

That is an excellent dream worth pursuing, and kudos to you even after having 4 degrees you still have the energy and interest to go for more. If I have the financial freedom to do so that would be the first thing I would do: go back to school.

You seem like the type who have a very board interest in many things, accounting might not be the best fit for you since it is a very monotonous. It could be a very cushy and stable job with high income guarantee but the job itself vary little and many people found it quite unchallenging after awhile.

Hope you'll enjoy it, and an accounting career can definitely allows for a nice standard of living and pay the bills... and then some

I do have a veeeeeery broad interest spectrum, so to speak.

I have been tested for many things academically on several occasions...I always test equally in everything...like I could do any job, or be anything, or excel at anything. There was a very funny episode of Malcolm in the Middle on this.
-he tested off the charts at everything...everyone was so happy for him..."you can be anything"...and he was upset...just wanted an answer as to what he should be/do.

But i just love school and learning...I am a dork, but I am cool with it.

I have a good job though, can't complain.
Decent pay, don't have to do that much (actually post on here more than I work, but get to manage 1.25 billion dollars).
I work to live, I do not live to work...so I just want a job I can leave at work and enjoy my life...which this allows.

Mark_the_Lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Mark_the_Lie
Member since 2009 • 482 Posts

Beyond smart.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="ariz3260"]

Espada12

You should take law and political science.. I highly recommend law.. you see things alot differently!

I have taken a couple law cla$$es and enjoyed them thoroughly.
I just forgot to include that.

I would like get my law degree, just not practice.

I am by no means a genius, but I am "gifted" (whatever that means).
There are 2 types:
One is a knowledge producer...they go out and make stuff and do great things
The other is a knowledge consumer...this is me...all we do is consume the hard work that others do...we produce nothing
-I just want to go to school and learn what others went out and accomplished :P

ariz3260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 ariz3260

I have been tested for many things academically on several occasions...I always test equally in everything...like I could do any job, or be anything, or excel at anything. There was a very funny episode of Malcolm in the Middle on this.
-he tested off the charts at everything...everyone was so happy for him..."you can be anything"...and he was upset...just wanted an answer as to what he should be/do.

Decent pay, don't have to do that much (actually post on here more than I work, but get to manage 1.25 billion dollars).
I work to live, I do not live to work...so I just want a job I can leave at work and enjoy my life...which this allows.

rawsavon

Yes, there's nothing more liberating than being comfortable in your own skin. I know people who tried hard to become someone they are not and ended up wasting their time, only to realize there's nothing wrong with being just themselves right from the get go, myself included.

It is indeed rare to be good at just pretty much anything, and even more rare that you don't seem to lost your head because of it... even more kudos to you.

I am thinking what I would be doing now if I am as multi-talented as you are...

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

ariz3260

Yes, there's nothing more liberating than being comfortable in your own skin. I know people who tried hard to become someone they are not and ended up wasting their time, only to realize there's nothing wrong with being just themselves right from the get go, myself included.

It is indeed rare to be good at just pretty much anything, and even more rare that you don't seem to lost your head because of it... even more kudos to you.

I am thinking what I would be doing now if I am as multi-talented as you are...

I appreciate the compliment...but I would not go so far as to say talented...just look at my other post about being a "dirty" knowledge consumer ;)

I have been given the opportunity to lead an unfortunate fortunate life though.
I have gone from being a millionaire's kid to living with a single parent working 2.5 jobs to survive to being on my own at 18
I have gone from people thinking i was dull at best because I was 2 years behind by peers age wise (putting me in reading cla$$es in 1st grade) to being one of the smartest.
-life has blessed my with a great deal of perspective...so being comfortable in my current state is rather easy.

But my guess is that you are plenty talented. You are able to have a well rounded, intelligent, written conversation...a rarity on here...that puts you one step above most.

Like you said, just find what you want out of life and figure a way to get there.
-for some, that is money and things
-for me, it is comfort and a chance to learn

Microdevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Microdevine
Member since 2008 • 1126 Posts

Above average to smart. Depends what we're talking about.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

rawsavon

I'm not going to practice either, my conscience would be killing me D:

Mark_the_Lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Mark_the_Lie

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

rawsavon

There are 2 types:
The other is a knowledge consumer...this is me...all we do is consume the hard work that others do...we produce nothing

Nothing you can take in undergrad will even remotely resemble law school, for the most part. Not political science or philosophy, though those were my majors at A&M.

I am like you when it comes to school. However, as someone who has earned a J.D. and an LL.M., I can tell you that law school is not the kind of thing you want to go through without applying it to a career afterwards. You shouldn't go to law school and then not practice law, though there are some people who do. It's not the theoretical type of education that it may seem like. It's very applied; in law school, you learn how to practice law. What you would be better off doing is getting a Ph.D. in philosphy with a focus on philosophy of law.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

Espada12

I'm not going to practice either, my conscience would be killing me D:

Same here. That and the actual application seems boring...I just want to learn
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

Mark_the_Lie

There are 2 types:

Nothing you can take in undergrad will even remotely resemble law school, for the most part. Not political science or philosophy, though those were my majors at A&M.

I am like you when it comes to school. However, as someone who has earned a J.D. and an LL.M., I can tell you that law school is not the kind of thing you want to go through without applying it to a career afterwards. You shouldn't go to law school and then not practice law, though there are some people who do. It's not the theoretical type of education that it may seem like. It's very applied; in law school, you learn how to practice law. What you would be better off doing is getting a Ph.D. in philosphy with a focus on philosophy of law.

Thanks for the heads up :)
-law school would only be about number 7 on my to do list (of degrees) anyways
-so that means probably not going to happen, unless I come into a good amount of money

Mark_the_Lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Mark_the_Lie

[QUOTE="Mark_the_Lie"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

There are 2 types:

rawsavon

Thanks for the heads up :)
-law school would only be about number 7 on my to do list (of degrees) anyways
-so that means probably not going to happen, unless I come into a good amount of money

Indeed. My legal education at UT School of Law was $17,500 a year just for basic tuition, which is cheap as far as law schools go. My Master of Laws program at St. Mary's in San Antonio cost $28,000 a year for basic tuition.

I have loans to pay off, obviously. I wouldn't reccomend doing those just for fun.

ariz3260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 ariz3260

I appreciate the compliment...but I would not go so far as to say talented...just look at my other post about being a "dirty" knowledge consumer ;)

I have gone from being a millionaire's kid to living with a single parent working 2.5 jobs to survive to being on my own at 18
I have gone from people thinking i was dull at best because I was 2 years behind by peers age wise (putting me in reading cla$$es in 1st grade) to being one of the smartest.
-life has blessed my with a great deal of perspective...so being comfortable in my current state is rather easy.

But my guess is that you are plenty talented. You are able to have a well rounded, intelligent, written conversation...a rarity on here...that puts you one step above most.

Like you said, just find what you want out of life and figure a way to get there.

rawsavon

I must've missed that post... regardless it sounds like you've lived quite an eventful life so far and I would say those are the kind of experiences that will carry you through the rough patches and make you even more successful when the time is good.

I've definitely haven't been through as much as you have. My experience as an immigrant have taught me that if I want to achieve anything, I'll have to do it with my own two hands. It's a rather lonely path but I've learned to live with it. Luckily I am married to someone who have similar believes as I do and so far we hit it off fairly well. My experience was a blessing in disguise. If it wasn't for the bad things that happened, I wouldn't have realized what kind of a person I was and wouldn't know what I need to do to improve upon my weaknesses and enhance my strengths and, perhaps most importantly, to be able to live the kind of life I want to live.

Sorry for turning this into some kind of mindless mumble jumble. Anyway it's been nice talking to you.

Best of luck with your pursuits

Goomba_Lord37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#186 Goomba_Lord37
Member since 2008 • 5381 Posts

I'd say I'm above average.

Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts
I've been referred to as a complete smartass before.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

ariz3260

I must've missed that post... regardless it sounds like you've lived quite an eventful life so far and I would say those are the kind of experiences that will carry you through the rough patches and make you even more successful when the time is good.

I've definitely haven't been through as much as you have. My experience as an immigrant have taught me that if I want to achieve anything, I'll have to do it with my own two hands. It's a rather lonely path but I've learned to live with it. Luckily I am married to someone who have similar believes as I do and so far we hit it off fairly well. My experience was a blessing in disguise. If it wasn't for the bad things that happened, I wouldn't have realized what kind of a person I was and wouldn't know what I need to do to improve upon my weaknesses and enhance my strengths and, perhaps most importantly, to be able to live the kind of life I want to live.

Sorry for turning this into some kind of mindless mumble jumble. Anyway it's been nice talking to you.

Best of luck with your pursuits

I know exactly how you feel.
I was a terrible jacka$$ when I was rich...just a horrible person...I literally thank God for taking that away (though I would not mind having some of it back now ;) )

Life is what you make it to be...your experiences help to shape who you are now, but you determine what will become of you...it is up to you and no one else to make your way...just my opinion though

It is great that you have someone like that in your life and even better that you are the type of person that strives to improve upon their weaknesses.

This has been a great, all be it unexpected, conversation
-been a while since I have had some on here...and had a couple tonight.

I wish you all the best in life :D

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
I thought I was smart until I went to a high-end college :(
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts
I don't consider myself smart so much as I consider most other people rather stupid. :lol:
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

I would have to say "average" would probably best describe me.

KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 KittyHeart
Member since 2009 • 1340 Posts

[QUOTE="ariz3260"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

1. Psychology
2. Secondary Education
3. Accounting

rawsavon

rawsavvon, i see you have a lot of degrees :)

do you want to do any health care stuff? the demand for them is high.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#193 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

Myself? it depends. Math don't even mention it. I am that bad. English or History- NOW we're talking. Speaking of dumb, avergae or smart persons, I have

a neighbor who is avery, very smart man. He has gone for most any degree you can get. He has done quite a bit with his life except marry. That is one of the very few things he hasn't done.

Spam_Pics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Spam_Pics
Member since 2008 • 222 Posts

Since I am always right, and seldom wrong, I am pretty smart.

rjxtian
You forgot to add "blatantly arrogant". Also, you're wrong on this one for sure. "Always" contradicts "seldom".
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="ariz3260"]

KittyHeart

rawsavvon, i see you have a lot of degrees :)

do you want to do any health care stuff? the demand for them is high.

Meh, I more about just learning the theories, rather than any useful application of them...
In other words, I would prefer to learn things just to learn them, not to do anything with it.

In regards to a high demand field, that is why I chose accounting.
Accountants are in really high demand, at least here in the US.
-and I learned something that is useful to me personally (taxes, etc.)

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#196 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
Well, I will consider myself below average. I mean, I know what some common things are and how they work, but most of the time when I usually don't have anything to say about something, I won't speak about it. Which means, of course, that means I don't know nothing about it. I don't try to spit out information that might not be true. Guess I am smart enough to keep my mouth shut sometimes. :P
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I'm average, but most people I know consider me smart.
dawnnoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#198 dawnnoob
Member since 2006 • 948 Posts
I'm average, but most people I know consider me smart.Lonelynight
thats exactly what they tell me lol
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts
I'm an ignoramus.
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#200 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

I'm an ignoramus.domatron23

How´s it workin´ out fer´ ya, then?

That is, if you have the intellectual capacity to atleast evaluate such a thing.

If not, oh boy is this awkward or what.