America is going CRAZY...Time to Ban Guns

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts
[QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Yongying"]:roll: i am blaming guns, hear about the 6 year old kid who bought a gun and shot another 6 year old kid? he had no clue what he was doing. Just imitating some cartoon he saw on tv.Yongying

No 6 year old legally purchased a gun...and if a 6 year old had the gun...the blame is the parents...not the gun.

1 thing doesn't take another away, look for someone to blame all you want, at the end of the day, a girl died because of a gun.

Well then by the same virtue, we should take away cars, bicycles, skateboards, rollerskates/rollerblades, aircraft, kitchen utensils, gas stoves, and lighters.

Except all those things weren't made to kill.

But they kill anyway, and they all kill more little girls than guns do.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178855 Posts

The Constitution is clearly wrong, it was made so long ago in history, and needs to be revamp due to increase changes of our civilization, otherwise we will never progress.
Anyway, some states already ban guns.

mikel222222

How can the Constitution be wrong? And I suggest some history study...it may surprise you how bloody it was. We are much more civilized now. And what states go against the Constitution and ban guns?

mikel222222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 mikel222222
Member since 2004 • 1162 Posts
[QUOTE="mikel222222"][QUOTE="Lab392"]

[QUOTE="D9-THC"]What happens when we live in a totalitarian government and all of our rights to defend ourselves have been taken away? I bet you'd want a gun then...Blood-Scribe

Exactly :P that's the reason why the Constitution gives us the right to bear arms in the first place.

The Constitution is clearly wrong, it was made so long ago in history, and needs to be revamp due to increase changes of our civilization, otherwise we will never progress.

Doesn't matter. We constantly amend and change the constitution to fit the needs of modern society. There isn't a need to remove the second amendment, and there most likely will never be a need to do so.

There is a need! ban handguns, nobody needs a friggin handgun! nobody! you are an idiot if you think otherwise. I bet you wouldn't be saying that if you had kids that were shot from gang violence.

gasmaskman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 gasmaskman
Member since 2005 • 3463 Posts

For anyone who wants to obtain guns they need to go through testing, similar to getting a drivers license but much harder.xTw1st4x

Last time I checked, that's the way it works.

I believe there's these things called "gangs" and they get their weapons through a method that is usually referred to by the word "illegal." Seriously, banning guns is stupid, and so is gun control. The money [for gun control] should go towards promoting gun SAFETY and having people LOCK THEIR GUNS UP.

Choga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Choga
Member since 2006 • 2377 Posts
[QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Yongying"]:roll: i am blaming guns, hear about the 6 year old kid who bought a gun and shot another 6 year old kid? he had no clue what he was doing. Just imitating some cartoon he saw on tv.Yongying

No 6 year old legally purchased a gun...and if a 6 year old had the gun...the blame is the parents...not the gun.

1 thing doesn't take another away, look for someone to blame all you want, at the end of the day, a girl died because of a gun.

Well then by the same virtue, we should take away cars, bicycles, skateboards, rollerskates/rollerblades, aircraft, kitchen utensils, gas stoves, and lighters.

Except you are arguing that the girl died because of the gun, and that is the reason it should be banned. By that same reasoning, if somebody dies with a knife, the knife is to blame, and it should be banned.

Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#56 Gen-Gawl
Member since 2004 • 3925 Posts

They may not have been designed to but they can kill just as effectively as a gun.

Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Blood-Scribe
[QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="Choga"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Yongying"]:roll: i am blaming guns, hear about the 6 year old kid who bought a gun and shot another 6 year old kid? he had no clue what he was doing. Just imitating some cartoon he saw on tv.-TheSecondSign-

Don't forget stomachs. So many people have died due to chocking on their own vomit.

We may as well ban living, because being alive is the leading cause of death.

But how will we kill ourselves?

Everything is banned!

We will do what only the manliest of men can do. We will strangle ourselves with our bare hands.

dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 dlp21
Member since 2003 • 2116 Posts
[QUOTE="Lab392"]

[QUOTE="D9-THC"]What happens when we live in a totalitarian government and all of our rights to defend ourselves have been taken away? I bet you'd want a gun then...mikel222222

Exactly :P that's the reason why the Constitution gives us the right to bear arms in the first place.

There isn't a State in America that bans guns. Some have gun control and limit who has the ability to conciel and carry(none of which have better rates of violent crimes mind you). Some have assault weapon bans which does nothing but put assault weapons in the hands of criminals to use on innocent people.

Banning guns and gun control are two of the worst policies ever to be dreamt up. Criminals will regress when the idea of breaking into someones house ends up in the likely situation that they get shot and killed with no legal recourse to take. Don't believe me, ask criminals, go to a prison and ask who they fear more, a person they are victimizing with a gun, or a police officer with a gun.

The police have to many restrictions on the ability to use their firearms, that is why they are moving more and more towards tazers. Civilians should have a LAWFUL right to protect that for which we have worked for including our property, our neighbors property, our families etc etc

Yongying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Yongying
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts
[QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Yongying"]:roll: i am blaming guns, hear about the 6 year old kid who bought a gun and shot another 6 year old kid? he had no clue what he was doing. Just imitating some cartoon he saw on tv.LJS9502_basic

No...due to a lack of supervision.

Fear, parents buy a gun thinking they could protect themselves with it, that was their first and biggest mistake, look what it lead to.
Choga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Choga
[QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="mikel222222"][QUOTE="Lab392"]

[QUOTE="D9-THC"]What happens when we live in a totalitarian government and all of our rights to defend ourselves have been taken away? I bet you'd want a gun then...mikel222222

Doesn't matter. We constantly amend and change the constitution to fit the needs of modern society. There isn't a need to remove the second amendment, and there most likely will never be a need to do so.

There is a need! ban handguns, nobody needs a friggin handgun! nobody! you are an idiot if you think otherwise. I bet you wouldn't be saying that if you had kids that were shot from gang violence.

Nobody needs handguns? I'd rather have the ability to protect myself and my family than die like a pacifistic untermensch.

Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Gen-Gawl

that's the problem right there.

Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Blood-Scribe

Okay, so who's responsible for the decision to pull the trigger, the user, or the gun?

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#64 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Yongying"]:roll: i am blaming guns, hear about the 6 year old kid who bought a gun and shot another 6 year old kid? he had no clue what he was doing. Just imitating some cartoon he saw on tv.Yongying

No...due to a lack of supervision.

Fear, parents buy a gun thinking they could protect themselves with it, that was their first and biggest mistake, look what it lead to.

My parents have bought five guns. :|

Everyone here, including my twelve year old brother knows how to operate them.

The problem is a lack of education, and supervision. Keep a gun where a young child can not reach it, and if you want a gun, the child should also be educated.

Again, it is not the gun. It is bad parenting.

firebreathing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 firebreathing
Member since 2005 • 4619 Posts

*facepalm* The solution isn't banning guns. Just like the solution for alcohol consumption was Prohibition and look at how well that worked, not to mention made Joe American a criminal. The problem lies with the people who purchase guns. Nothing else. When will people realize it's not society, it's the person?MattUD1

exactly, you can't stop people from being people.

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Yongying"] Because someone with mental issues is gonna read about that other guy who bought a gun easily to shoot up a school and does the same.Yongying

I see...you are blaming books then. Just like the politicians that blame music or games.:roll:

:roll: i am blaming guns, hear about the 6 year old kid who bought a gun and shot another 6 year old kid? he had no clue what he was doing. Just imitating some cartoon he saw on tv.

you do realize shows depicting violence have been on tv for a very long time right??? why havent six year olds been up in arms for much longer then?

[QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Yongying"]:roll: i am blaming guns, hear about the 6 year old kid who bought a gun and shot another 6 year old kid? he had no clue what he was doing. Just imitating some cartoon he saw on tv.brianpoetzel

Accidents do happen. It was probably the parents fault for not securing it properly.

A kid runs out in the street and gets hit by a car. Do we ban automobiles? No, we hold the driver responsible.

omg common sense :O

Yongying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Yongying
[QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Yongying"]:roll: i am blaming guns, hear about the 6 year old kid who bought a gun and shot another 6 year old kid? he had no clue what he was doing. Just imitating some cartoon he saw on tv.brianpoetzel

They may not have been designed to but they can kill just as effectively as a gun.

I doubt they are as effective as a gun.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LJS9502_basic

Fear, parents buy a gun thinking they could protect themselves with it, that was their first and biggest mistake, look what it lead to.Yongying

Keep gun unloaded...and locked up. See? Simple.

-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 -TheSecondSign-
[QUOTE="brianpoetzel"][QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Yongying"]:roll: i am blaming guns, hear about the 6 year old kid who bought a gun and shot another 6 year old kid? he had no clue what he was doing. Just imitating some cartoon he saw on tv.Yongying

Cars are 2000 pound contraptions of steel capable of moving at speeds over 50 MPH.

My tiny, dinky truck could kill more people in a one minute period than a man armed with an assault rifle.

Choga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Choga
[QUOTE="brianpoetzel"][QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Yongying"]:roll: i am blaming guns, hear about the 6 year old kid who bought a gun and shot another 6 year old kid? he had no clue what he was doing. Just imitating some cartoon he saw on tv.Yongying

You've never seen what the blade of an iceskate can do to the neck...

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
I support the second amendment, thanks.
Yongying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Yongying

[QUOTE="Yongying"] Fear, parents buy a gun thinking they could protect themselves with it, that was their first and biggest mistake, look what it lead to.LJS9502_basic

What is the use of an unloaded gun that is locked up, if you buy it for protection in the first place? :|
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Blood-Scribe

So you're willing to wager that car crashes are less effective at killing a little girl than a gun? Try weighing that notion against the amount of occurrences on both ends, and then check back with me.

Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Gen-Gawl

Tell that to someone who's been stabbed or run over or in a plane crash. Hell, people have even died rollerblading.

dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 dlp21

Besides the fact that it clearly states that the Right to Bear Arms is reserved for those organized into state militia's. Of course, laws have changed that.
MattUD1

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

That does not specify that guns are relegated to people of militia's only, it says that a Militia is necessary, and so people have the right to bear arms, and that shall not be infringed.

I am sure, that if the founders wanted only those in Militias to have guns it would have read something like this:

The people of a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the Militia to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#75 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
America has a serious gun problem but I get the impression that people don't care.
mikel222222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mikel222222
[QUOTE="mikel222222"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="mikel222222"][QUOTE="Lab392"]

[QUOTE="D9-THC"]What happens when we live in a totalitarian government and all of our rights to defend ourselves have been taken away? I bet you'd want a gun then...Choga

Nobody needs handguns? I'd rather have the ability to protect myself and my family than give my ability to self-defense.

More deaths occur from handguns then they prevent them. thats a fact! I don't have any guns, like 1% of the people i know handguns and thats it. My house and family are pretty safe.

What are you going to do when i guy is waiting beside your driveway with a hand gun and shoots you in the spine? how will you protect your family then?
How will you protect your family when your kids go to school, and some other kid comes to school with his fathers gun?

Maybe you should just live in a bullet proof bubble, and never go outside.

-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 -TheSecondSign-
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Yongying"] Fear, parents buy a gun thinking they could protect themselves with it, that was their first and biggest mistake, look what it lead to.Yongying

What is the use of an unloaded gun that is locked up, if you buy it for protection in the first place? :|

You can load a gun with a magazine in less than a ten second period.

Even if you keep the magazine in a different area, and the gun in a locked case, you can have the weapon ready in less than twenty seconds. You just need to know how to operate it, and where everything is.

Have you ever operated a firearm, and if you have, to what extent?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LJS9502_basic

America has a serious gun problem but I get the impression that people don't care.SolidSnake35

The problem is blown way out of proportion...

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts

[QUOTE="MattUD1"]Besides the fact that it clearly states that the Right to Bear Arms is reserved for those organized into state militia's. Of course, laws have changed that.
dlp21

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

That does not specify that guns are relegated to people of militia's only, it says that a Militia is necessary, and so people have the right to bear arms, and that shall not be infringed.

I am sure, that if the founders wanted only those in Militias to have guns it would have read something like this:

The people of a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the Militia to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Considering most able bodied men living in the Colonies post Revolution had guns in their homes and were a part of the State/local militia.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 DivergeUnify

[QUOTE="Yongying"] Fear, parents buy a gun thinking they could protect themselves with it, that was their first and biggest mistake, look what it lead to.LJS9502_basic

Exactly- most parents probably leave the gun under a stack of clothes or something and it's easy enough for a curious kid to just look there.
mikel222222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 mikel222222
[QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Yongying"] Fear, parents buy a gun thinking they could protect themselves with it, that was their first and biggest mistake, look what it lead to.-TheSecondSign-

Even if you keep the magazine in a different area, and the gun in a locked case, you can have the weapon ready in less than twenty seconds. You just need to know how to operate it, and where everything is.

and 20 seconds is enough time to some guy to bum rush you and shot you in the head. Have you ever broke into a house? and to what extent?

Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Blood-Scribe

[QUOTE="Yongying"] Fear, parents buy a gun thinking they could protect themselves with it, that was their first and biggest mistake, look what it lead to.-TheSecondSign-

In my experience, most people who argue that guns laws are not strict enough have never fired a weapon before.

Yongying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Yongying
[QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="brianpoetzel"][QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Yongying"]:roll: i am blaming guns, hear about the 6 year old kid who bought a gun and shot another 6 year old kid? he had no clue what he was doing. Just imitating some cartoon he saw on tv.Blood-Scribe

So you're willing to wager that car crashes are less effective at killing a little girl than a gun? Try weighing that notion against the amount of occurrences on both ends, and then check back with me.

What are the chances a guy with intentions to kill somone uses his car compared to using a gun?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Yongying"] Fear, parents buy a gun thinking they could protect themselves with it, that was their first and biggest mistake, look what it lead to.Yongying

In case of emergency it doesn't take that long to retrieve the gun and load it.:|

Aeronautical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Aeronautical
Member since 2005 • 2039 Posts
You cannot have a free state without an armed populous. Also, disarming the innocent (Those that will be effected by the ban), will not protect them from those that will gain weapons illegally, usually for illegal activity. The key is education about guns, safety, and maintenance.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#86 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]America has a serious gun problem but I get the impression that people don't care.LJS9502_basic

The problem is blown way out of proportion...

It's still a problem, and I don't like how people defend guns as though they're a great thing. I understand the arguments for having them but still...
Yongying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Yongying

If you need defence, 20 seconds can be to late, right?
mikel222222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 mikel222222
[QUOTE="-TheSecondSign-"][QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Yongying"] Fear, parents buy a gun thinking they could protect themselves with it, that was their first and biggest mistake, look what it lead to.Blood-Scribe

In my experience, most people who argue that guns laws are not strict enough have never fired a weapon before.

and in my experience, most people who argue gun laws are strict enough, have a gun. Whats your point? Gun laws are strict enough? haha, are you saying in some states its hard to buy a gun? really? really? you cant be serious

-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 -TheSecondSign-

[QUOTE="Yongying"] Fear, parents buy a gun thinking they could protect themselves with it, that was their first and biggest mistake, look what it lead to.mikel222222

and 20 seconds is enough time to some guy to bum rush you and shot you in the head. Have you ever broke into a house? and to what extent?

No, but I seriously doubt someone's going to rush straight to your room and blow your head off.
Even if you keep a gun, there are multiple ways to have a ready firearm.
May family has several. We know where they are and how to access them.

You don't even have to have it unloaded.

Your kid needs to understand how a gun works and what it does, and you clarify that they should never play with it with one twenty minute visit to a gun range. If you educate a kid, you can have a ready firearm.

And besides, my chances are much higher WITH THE GUN than not having one. The criminal coming to blow my head off will have his gun regardless of law.

I can have a fighting chance, but if you take that away, I'm a target.

Wetall_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Wetall_basic
Member since 2003 • 4086 Posts
How would banning guns help? Instead of registered and traceable guns we'll have untraceable shootings because everything will be illegal. It's not going to stop violent crimes anyway,people who wish to kill other people will simple take a kitchen knife to school,or the'll take a chainsaw,or the'll take a homemade explosive device or any number of other weapons that will kill people.

Guns are simply a means to an end. The problem is the number of people that WANT to kill,not the number of weapons available to full fill that desire.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DivergeUnify

Hey if you're sleeping and someone starts strangling you, anything is too late
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 -TheSecondSign-

Criminal will get gun regardless, many criminals own illegal firearms. Having a criminal record makes it extremely difficult if not impossible to legally own a firearm. Criminals have illegal firearms

He will have his gun.
I can get my gun if I can actually own a gun. If you take my gun away, everyone will assuredly die.

gobo212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 gobo212
Member since 2003 • 6277 Posts
[QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="-TheSecondSign-"][QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Yongying"] Fear, parents buy a gun thinking they could protect themselves with it, that was their first and biggest mistake, look what it lead to.DivergeUnify

I sleep with a loaded gun under my pillow and my finger on the trigger.

hkmp5a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 hkmp5a2
Member since 2003 • 1315 Posts

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4MQmOEA1s8g

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

This article is from the BBC News website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7246003.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7246003.stm

=======================================

US university gunman kills five Emergency services at Northern Illinois University The local hospital says victims are on their way for treatmentA gunman has opened fire on students at a university near Chicago in the United States, killing five people before turning the gun on himself, police say.

The shooting took place at Northern Illinois University, in De Kalb, 65 miles (100km) west of Chicago.

Students described the chaos as a white male armed with a handgun and a shotgun opened fire in a lecture theatre.

Earlier reports said at least 17 people were injured and that several were being treated for serious head wounds.

At a news conference, police said they had recovered a shotgun and handgun and were searching for a third small firearm.

Police said the gunman appeared to be operating alone and it was not yet clear how many rounds of ammunition had been fired.

The shooting comes 10 months after 32 students and staff were shot by a student at Virginia Tech University in one of the worst shootings ever at a US school.

Some girl got hit in the eye, a guy got hit in the leg
George Gaynor
student

It is also the fourth shooting at a US education establishment within a week.

Last Friday, a woman shot dead two fellow students before killing herself at Louisiana Technical College in Baton Rouge. In Memphis, Tennessee, a 17-year-old is accused of shooting and critically wounding a student on Monday, and a 15-year-old was shot at a junior high school in California on Tuesday.

On Thursday, Kishwaukee Community Hospital said 17 patients had arrived for treatment. Three were in a critical condition, one of whom has been flown to a bigger hospital in Rockford.

Eight are in a stable condition, six in a good condition and there are no reported fatalities, the hospital said on its website.

"We don't expect to transfer any further patients," it added.

The shooting took place in Cole Hall near the King Commons, a central gathering place for the 25,000 students on campus.

Terrifying

A student named John told local radio station WBBM that the gunman entered a lecture theatre and began firing a shotgun on the more than 100 students inside.

Map

"He pointed it into the middle of the ****.. then he went for the teacher," John said.

George Gaynor, a senior geography student, told the student newspaper that the gunman was "a skinny white guy with a stocking cap on".

He described the scene immediately following the incident as terrifying and chaotic.

"Some girl got hit in the eye, a guy got hit in the leg," he said.

Online alert

The university's website first issued alerts, warning of the possibility of a gunman on campus.

"Get to a safe area and take precautions until given the all clear," it warned students.

The site then carried updates confirming the shooting and telling students to stay away or stay in doors. It then said the gunman was "no longer a threat".

Emergency hotlines and counselling are being offered for students and parents.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

This thread makes me:

ElZilcho90

I concur.

dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 dlp21

More deaths occur from handguns then they prevent them. thats a fact! I don't have any guns, like 1% of the people i know handguns and thats it. My house and family are pretty safe.

What are you going to do when i guy is waiting beside your driveway with a hand gun and shoots you in the spine? how will you protect your family then?
How will you protect your family when your kids go to school, and some other kid comes to school with his fathers gun?

Maybe you should just live in a bullet proof bubble, and never go outside.

mikel222222

I would like to point out that yes death is a consequence of using a handgun, I didn't know it saved lives. I think you were trying to state that more guns have been used to commit crimes then prevent them, and to that I would agree, because it is hard for the Average American to obtain a gun and carry it concieled then for a criminal to simply break the law and do what he wants.

And when I see a guy bearing down on me with a handgun, I will draw and shoot before he does, and just to make sure there is no confusion, I will put the entire clip in him.

And to a kid coming to the school and shooting it up, well I guess I will just take my chances, because I would rather take the slim chance, and I do mean slim, then forfit my right to own a firearm

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
How would banning guns help? Instead of registered and traceable guns we'll have untraceable shootings because everything will be illegal. It's not going to stop violent crimes anyway,people who wish to kill other people will simple take a kitchen knife to school,or the'll take a chainsaw,or the'll take a homemade explosive device or any number of other weapons that will kill people.

Guns are simply a means to an end. The problem is the number of people that WANT to kill,not the number of weapons available to full fill that desire.Wetall_basic
What!? I thought banning guns would mean that everybody would follow the rules and all the guns would disappear and no one would ever touch one again! And we would all live happily forever after.
Aeronautical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Aeronautical
Member since 2005 • 2039 Posts
[QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="-TheSecondSign-"][QUOTE="Yongying"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Yongying"] Fear, parents buy a gun thinking they could protect themselves with it, that was their first and biggest mistake, look what it lead to.DivergeUnify

I keep a knife under my bed. It is holstered and hidden, but I am able to reach it just in case. I also have a MagLight and emergency kit.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

[QUOTE="Wetall_basic"]How would banning guns help? Instead of registered and traceable guns we'll have untraceable shootings because everything will be illegal. It's not going to stop violent crimes anyway,people who wish to kill other people will simple take a kitchen knife to school,or the'll take a chainsaw,or the'll take a homemade explosive device or any number of other weapons that will kill people.

Guns are simply a means to an end. The problem is the number of people that WANT to kill,not the number of weapons available to full fill that desire.smokeydabear076
What!? I thought banning guns would mean that everybody would follow the rules and all the guns would disappear and no one would ever touch one again! And we would all live happily forever after.

lol. smokey/thread.

good job.