America is going CRAZY...Time to Ban Guns

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#701 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

That Constitutional point however is overused. The second doesn't give you the protection you think it does. It is really concerned more with militias and the like. Personal private gun ownership is in the hands of the State if I'm not mistaken. I believe even the Supreme Court agrees on that one. So you could have a gun ban without even touching the 2nd Amendment, technically. I'm not advocating that as a realistic achieveable goal, I'm just saying.

dsmccracken

I disagree, since the second Amendment extends the right to bear arms to the people since it declares: "a well-regulated militia as being necessary to the security of a free State and prohibits infringement of the right of the people to keep and bear arms."

If it was only militias and "the like", it would have read: "the right of the militia to keep and bear arms".

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#702 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts

Whether guns are banned or not...aint nobody takin this gun from me.

sdd

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#703 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts
[QUOTE="dsmccracken"]

That Constitutional point however is overused. The second doesn't give you the protection you think it does. It is really concerned more with militias and the like. Personal private gun ownership is in the hands of the State if I'm not mistaken. I believe even the Supreme Court agrees on that one. So you could have a gun ban without even touching the 2nd Amendment, technically. I'm not advocating that as a realistic achieveable goal, I'm just saying.

The_Ish

I disagree, since the second Amendment extends the right to bear arms to the people since it declares: "a well-regulated militia as being necessary to the security of a free State and prohibits infringement of the right of the people to keep and bear arms."

If it was only militias and "the like", it would have read: "the right of the militia to keep and bear arms".

If the Court of Appeals can't agree on this point, we're sure as hell not going to.

Fire_Ants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#704 Fire_Ants
Member since 2005 • 4256 Posts

Boogaloo!

Im a crazy fishstick covered in strawberrys! :|

SilentFireX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#705 SilentFireX
Member since 2005 • 1956 Posts

People always have and always will find ways to kill people. Guns are just some of the newest and most efficient ways of doing it with no harm to yourself. First of all, criminals will always be able to obtain guns illegally, and taking away the right of law-abiding citizens to legally own firearms would only benefit the criminals.

Even if somehow it was managed that every firearm on the planet was destroyed, people with the intent of murder would find a new way to kill others. Legally-obtainable firearms are not the problem - people are. Those who say that guns are the problem are just fools looking for a scapegoat without thinking their so-called solution through properly.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#706 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

If the Court of Appeals can't agree on this point, we're sure as hell not going to.

dsmccracken

You're right. We need a third party. What would Bill Cosby say?

Avatar image for swizz-the-gamer
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#707 swizz-the-gamer
Member since 2005 • 8801 Posts
They should 100% ban guns.
Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#708 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts

You do know that by banning guns, you're only taking them away from law abiding citizens right?

With the lax import/export laws of the US, there will be no short supply of illegal firearms.

peppersfan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#709 peppersfan2
Member since 2007 • 1064 Posts
[QUOTE="jointed"][QUOTE="The_Ish"][QUOTE="james28893"]

That really is a very slight increase after a relatively large drop.

dsmccracken

True, but my point with Jointed was that a rising crime rate in relation to a rising rate of gun crimes is not a minor problem at all, and it's something to be taken seriously.

http://newsdaily.com/TopNews/UPI-1-20080125-11421100-bc-britain-crime.xml

The crime rate isn't rising. And though the rising rate of gun crimes is slightly worrying (if it's indeed true)...it's not a major problem.

There is no shortage of American right wing (NRA sponsered) websites that will tell you that gun control was followed by massive gun crime spikes. What they won't mention is that their stats mainly deal with the period directly after the new laws. They might point out drops in American crime, neglecting to point out corresponding gun legislation like the Clinton assault weapons ban and the Brady Bill, etc.

Except the Assualt Weapons ban didn't lower crime. The weapons it targeted were not major contributors to gun violence. Like you said criminals use hand guns not 32 inch rifles. Assualt Weapons ban was a attempt to ban semi automatic weapons without saying "were banning semi auto weapons." You know I could kill as many people with a bolt action hunting rifle as with a semi auto rifle with no major difference.

Why the Assualt Weapons ban was dumb.

Of these two weapons the one on the top gets banned. The other bottom one functions just the same semi automatic same bullets everything but it doesn't have the "millitary appeearence that scares people in fact it made as a civilian rifle.

1. Illegal under Assualt Weapons Ban

2.Legal under ban same caliber and mag size

3.Illegal

4.Legal but same function same caliber semiautomatic.

5.Illegal

6.Legal

When they made the Assualt Weapon ban they didn't know what they were talking about. It didn't change anything because criminals didn't use them. Under the ban Columbine still happend. Manufactures still sold AK-47's they just changed features to make them legal.

dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#710 dlp21
Member since 2003 • 2116 Posts

They should 100% ban guns.swizz-the-gamer

There is a Ban on Drugs, Absinth, Cuban Cigars, etc, yet people get their hands on them in the Black Market.

Banning guns in America is just not as easy as banning gun's in the UK. For one, the country is magnitudes the size of the UK which allows for guns to be hidden. Also, guns are still legal in Mexico and Canada which means that unlike the UK which is an island, there is still a means for guns to come into America via our inability to search every person/vehicle, that comes into the US. Also, the US, especially states like NJ, GA, and AL, need hunters to thin out deer population so that Deer are able to survive.

Also consider all the history that the US has with Firearms, a complete ban on guns means the destruction of even guns from the Civil War, WWI, and WWII.

So how do we solve the issues that the US is faced with today.

1) Create a background database that contains a few facts about every person that is only accessible via SSN to a Non-Govt ran organization. Things that should be included are Mental Defect, Felony, History of Violence/Domestic Violence. That is it, and the Government may only access the database through warrant. Also make it federal law that all the above situations are reported to the database or penalties will ensue on those that fail to comply.

2) Remove and destroy all illegal guns in America, and create great penalties for possesion of an illegal firearm.

3) Ensure that background checks are done at gun shows, there does not need to be a wait if we implement #1

4) Allow everyone in America, no matter what city, county, or state they are in to be able to recieve a carry and conciel liscense. Everyone must take a saftey class and understand the consequence of firearm use.

5) Allow everyone to defend their property with a firearm without the fear of reprecussions to themselves.

Now of course there are many semantics that need to be ironed out here, but implementing those 5 things in America would greatly reduce the ever decreasing amount of gun crime in America.

dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#711 dlp21
Member since 2003 • 2116 Posts
The only reason we banned assault weapons is because they LOOK menacing.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#712 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

Because violence never happened in history...

LJS9502_basic

Not like this.
freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#713 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

UssjTrunks

Not like this.

Are you kidding?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#714 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 170079 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

UssjTrunks

Not like this.

Agreed....it was actually much worse.;)

gia15623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#715 gia15623
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts
Right on, i am a true southerner raised in south georgia and i will not allow a big liberal government to steal my property that the only lives i ever take are those are of foul and big game this is so true

[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"]They should 100% ban guns.dlp21

There is a Ban on Drugs, Absinth, Cuban Cigars, etc, yet people get their hands on them in the Black Market.

Banning guns in America is just not as easy as banning gun's in the UK. For one, the country is magnitudes the size of the UK which allows for guns to be hidden. Also, guns are still legal in Mexico and Canada which means that unlike the UK which is an island, there is still a means for guns to come into America via our inability to search every person/vehicle, that comes into the US. Also, the US, especially states like NJ, GA, and AL, need hunters to thin out deer population so that Deer are able to survive.

Also consider all the history that the US has with Firearms, a complete ban on guns means the destruction of even guns from the Civil War, WWI, and WWII.

So how do we solve the issues that the US is faced with today.

1) Create a background database that contains a few facts about every person that is only accessible via SSN to a Non-Govt ran organization. Things that should be included are Mental Defect, Felony, History of Violence/Domestic Violence. That is it, and the Government may only access the database through warrant. Also make it federal law that all the above situations are reported to the database or penalties will ensue on those that fail to comply.

2) Remove and destroy all illegal guns in America, and create great penalties for possesion of an illegal firearm.

3) Ensure that background checks are done at gun shows, there does not need to be a wait if we implement #1

4) Allow everyone in America, no matter what city, county, or state they are in to be able to recieve a carry and conciel liscense. Everyone must take a saftey class and understand the consequence of firearm use.

5) Allow everyone to defend their property with a firearm without the fear of reprecussions to themselves.

Now of course there are many semantics that need to be ironed out here, but implementing those 5 things in America would greatly reduce the ever decreasing amount of gun crime in America.

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#716 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

What happens when we live in a totalitarian government and all of our rights to defend ourselves have been taken away? I bet you'd want a gun then...D9-THC

If the government takes that kind of control it won't matter if you have guns or not, the gov will have better guns,armor, and trained soldiers.

ConBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#717 ConBro
Member since 2005 • 531 Posts

There is another mass shooting, it seems that every week now theres some gunman going crazy.. and it is getting more common.

America is in a war of itself. This country is starting to become really screwed up. When was the last time you have seen a dad teaches his 8yr old girl how to shoot a 50 caliber machine gun?

All these people say "No War!" but yet they turn around and teaches their little girl how to shoot a machine gun? WTF

Media needs to stop promoting violence. And ban guns. For anyone who wants to obtain guns they need to go through testing, similar to getting a drivers license but much harder.

This way things like this doesn't happen.xTw1st4x

Ok Hillary. Or is that Nancy Pelosi? :roll: Lemme guess.... stop the war, too?

xTw1st4x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#718 xTw1st4x
Member since 2008 • 241 Posts

Whether guns are banned or not...aint nobody takin this gun from me.

sdd

RamboSymbiot

True that ROFLMAO....

ConBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#719 ConBro
Member since 2005 • 531 Posts
Oh yeah, and time to ban cars too right? Because a few people in the US choose to drive drunk, and cause accidents? Guns don't kill people, Idiots do.
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#720 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts

Oh yeah, and time to ban cars too right? Because a few people in the US choose to drive drunk, and cause accidents? Guns don't kill people, Idiots do.ConBro

Idiots don't help, that's for damn sure, but I'm sorry: guns do, in fact, kill people. You don't ban cars because of drunk drivers, but you do (and you have) take other steps to control/limit the problem. Just like with anything. Gun control =/= gun banning.

Besides, you can make a legitimate case that even WITH the vehicular death rate in the U.S. (hell, even if it was tripled), a banning of cars would bring society to a screaching halt in a way that banning guns could never do.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#721 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Oh yeah, and time to ban cars too right? Because a few people in the US choose to drive drunk, and cause accidents? Guns don't kill people, Idiots do.ConBro
And so do crazy people who don't take their meds, but I highly doubt that if there were a gun ban that a crazy person would ever consider breaking the law and get a gun by illegal means... I mean they might be crazy enough to shoot people with legal weapons, but crazy enough to shoot people with illegal weapons? No way in hell.
MarineJcksn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#722 MarineJcksn
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts
Banning guns is the dumbest idea I've ever heard. All it does is enable more violence. The people who want guns for malicious purposes are always going to be able to obtain them, you'll never stop the black market on arms sales be it to foreign militia death squads or violent criminals here in the US. The bottom line is keeping guns in the hands of law abiding citizens who know how to operate them properly is key to maintaining the ability to defend ourselves.
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#723 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts

Banning guns is the dumbest idea I've ever heard. All it does is enable more violence. The people who want guns for malicious purposes are always going to be able to obtain them, you'll never stop the black market on arms sales be it to foreign militia death squads or violent criminals here in the US. The bottom line is keeping guns in the hands of law abiding citizens who know how to operate them properly is key to maintaining the ability to defend ourselves. MarineJcksn

That is so right on so many levels. :|

Rayze78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#724 Rayze78
Member since 2004 • 456 Posts
I am glad to see people actually see the point that if we ban guns, then the only people that will have them are criminals. And since they know that everyone else will be un armed, then crime will go through the roof. I am glad to see I am not the only one who thinks that. (Feel free, anyone, to read/comment on my current blog about this).
Avatar image for ConkerAndBerri2
ConkerAndBerri2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#725 ConkerAndBerri2
Member since 2008 • 2010 Posts
banning guns is impossible. remember the emenmants? (dont know how to spell) the right to bear arms. its impossible to ban guns because its easy as hell to get an M16 into america as it is to play a game. america isnt secure because theres no way there isnt dozens of flaws in our security. not to mention that america is hated by many countries because our leader is R-Tarded. and theres hundreds of thousands of people that know how to make a gun.