A Question About Your Eternal Destiny (See Poll).

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts

I am trusting in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to save me from it.:) The Bible says: "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: No man cometh to the Father but by Me."
Note: This topic's purpose is evangelism. Please keep the dicussion around Christian-related topics, such as the Bible, creationism, and, of course, the poll's question.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

DooDooPeePee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DooDooPeePee
Member since 2008 • 406 Posts

I want to...not die...yet...or...

What?

Red-XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Red-XIII
Member since 2003 • 2739 Posts

I do not believe in the lake of fire, therefore I don't need anyone to save me from it.

On second thought, you say that this is a question of our "eternal destinies". If it is our destiny to be saved or punished, then there's really no point in trusting in God because our fates are already sealed.

Ingenemployee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ingenemployee
Member since 2007 • 2307 Posts

great, another one

EDIT: I dont believe in a god/ hell

Cedric169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Cedric169
Member since 2005 • 2138 Posts
great, another oneIngenemployee
Just answer the question... Lake Of fire? what about a forest?
RadBooley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RadBooley
Member since 2008 • 1237 Posts

This topic's purpose is evangelism.Crushmaster

...what, again?

GameSpot isn't the place to convert people, buddy.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blackregiment
Member since 2007 • 11937 Posts
I am trusting in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who died so that I may live, and not just me, but anyone who truly repents and places their faith and trust in Him.
McManus107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 McManus107
Member since 2008 • 6356 Posts
this is not gonna end well
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blackregiment

this is not gonna end wellMcManus107

And why do you feel that way?

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Crushmaster
I do not believe in the lake of fire, therefore I don't need to trust in anyone/thing to save me from it.Red-XIII

It doesn't matter whether or not you believe in it. If I step out into a busy highway, with an eighteen wheeler about to hit me, saying, "I don't believe in trucks", isn't going to change reality.
And the reality in terms of the lake of fire is this: You will have to face God when you die, and Revelation 20:15 says that, unless your name is written in the Book of Life, you will be cast into the lake of fire.
Only placing your trust in Christ can save you.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Since there is no evidence of eternal life, I don't need someone to save it for me.
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts

A lake of fire would be an amazing sight.

By the way, what are all these verses next to the answer? How does one John verse capture the entire answer "other"?

Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
I don't believe in hell, or God for that matter, so the question does not include me.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 foxhound_fox
It doesn't matter whether or not you believe in it. If I step out into a busy highway, with an eighteen wheeler about to hit me, saying, "I don't believe in trucks", isn't going to change reality.
And the reality in terms of the lake of fire is this: You will have to face God when you die, and Revelation 20:15 says that, unless your name is written in the Book of Life, you will be cast into the lake of fire.
Only placing your trust in Christ can save you.Crushmaster

Simple refutation.

Trucks have been proven to exist.
gbpman630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 gbpman630
Member since 2003 • 2795 Posts

Yea, that's not a one-sided poll.

Anyways, don't you know that Hell got Air Conditioning? It's actually pretty nice, I hear. Now, it's just non-stop sinning. And the theme park they have there is supposed to be excellent. Their economy is actually doing pretty great right now, also. Don't you read the news? How could you turn down a place like that?

harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts

I am trusting in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to save me from it.:) The Bible says: "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: No man cometh to the Father but by Me."
Note: This topic's purpose is evangelism. Please keep the dicussion around Christian-related topics, such as the Bible, creationism, and, of course, the poll's question.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Crushmaster
That's not really evangelism...
Ingenemployee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ingenemployee
Member since 2007 • 2307 Posts

[QUOTE="Red-XIII"]I do not believe in the lake of fire, therefore I don't need to trust in anyone/thing to save me from it.Crushmaster

The problem with that is, the truck is real but theres no proof of hell.

Red-XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Red-XIII

[QUOTE="Red-XIII"]I do not believe in the lake of fire, therefore I don't need to trust in anyone/thing to save me from it.Crushmaster

That's all well and good for you, but that truck I can see, hear and touch. Unlike God, which you have no physical proof of. I think that old quote "Seeing is believing" applies here. It would be pretty damn obvious to two of my senses that I was about to die from said truck, whereas you're asking me to have faith in something invisible and untouchable.

I don't feel obliged to place my trust in an ancient scripture that has no more validity than any other major religions. I will take my chances on being a decent human being over an intangible thing like faith.

tzar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 tzar3
Member since 2006 • 12393 Posts
There is no eternal destiny from what I believe, we all die and rot inside a coffin, and I like it that way.
harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts

The problem with your argument is:

You're assuming that you're right.

To make a good argument, you have to assume you are wrong and the other side is correct.
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blackregiment

I will take my chances on being a decent human being over an intangible thing like faith.

Red-XIII

Oh but you do have faith. You have faith that God doesn't exist and that His Word is not true. What evidence do you have to support those things that you are putting your faith in?

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts
I only have to be a good person to earn the terrestrial kingdom.
McManus107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 McManus107

there is a major diffrence,there's proof of trucks and your proof of god and of hell is some book that was written ages ago that has not been proved right

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 foxhound_fox
Oh but you do have faith. You have faith that God doesn't exist and that His Word is not true. What evidence do you have to support those things that you are putting your faith in? blackregiment

Atheism as defined generally is a rejection of theism. It does not have assertions based on frivolous assumptions. It is just rejection of the claims of theism. Not all atheists claim to "know" that "God does not exist." Faith is believing in something which does not have evidence to support it, the atheist asks: since there is no evidence to support the existence of God, why believe in him?
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts
[QUOTE="blackregiment"]Oh but you do have faith. You have faith that God doesn't exist and that His Word is not true. What evidence do you have to support those things that you are putting your faith in? foxhound_fox

Atheism as defined generally is a rejection of theism. It does not have assertions based on frivolous assumptions. It is just rejection of the claims of theism. Not all atheists claim to "know" that "God does not exist." Faith is believing in something which does not have evidence to support it, the atheist asks: since there is no evidence to support the existence of God, why believe in him?

Yeah, some people call that agnostic, but the original meaning of atheism is maybe the same.
McManus107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 McManus107
[QUOTE="Red-XIII"]

I will take my chances on being a decent human being over an intangible thing like faith.

blackregiment

Oh but you do have faith. You have faith that God doesn't exist and that His Word is not true. What evidence do you have to support those things that you are putting your faith in?

what proof do you have of god?Don't mention faith since you're asking us atheists of proof of no god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts

I won't say where I will end up, its not my decision to make.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blackregiment

[QUOTE="blackregiment"]Oh but you do have faith. You have faith that God doesn't exist and that His Word is not true. What evidence do you have to support those things that you are putting your faith in? foxhound_fox

If someone believes that they do not know that God exists, they would be agnostic.

There is a great deal of evidence that God exists and for the truth of Christianity. It is not blind faith. It just might not be in the format that some people would like.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#29 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

Well, religion has always taken a back seat in my mind but I'll try to play ball here: If there was some lake of fire, I guess I'd be avoiding it by being the best possible person I can by being charitable and a good samaritan.

Even though I strongly doubt the "lake of fire" claim, I do try to be the best person that I can and I hope that's good enough.

AnObscureName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AnObscureName
Member since 2008 • 2069 Posts
I'll try to live my life making judgements of what makes a person right or wrong according to my internal moral code. I may repent and convert on my deathbed to be on the safe side.
Rikardur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rikardur
Member since 2008 • 9290 Posts
There is no eternal destiny from what I believe, we all die and rot inside a coffin, and I like it that way.tzar3
I'd rather be lain on a pyre and sent down stream.
Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
Wow...what do you do other than obsess over religion? I'm starting to worry about you, "Crushmaster".
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blackregiment
[QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="Red-XIII"]

McManus107

what proof do you have of god?Don't mention faith since you're asking us atheists of proof of no god

There are many evidences, in His creation, in His revealed Word, in fulfilled prophecy , in Jesus Christ, and in the power of the Holy Spirit to change the lives of those that put their faith and trust in Christ.

RadBooley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RadBooley

There is a great deal of evidence that God exists and for the truth of Christianity. It is not blind faith. It just might not be in the format that some people would like.

blackregiment

Okay then. What's this evidence? Is it the Bible?

I have some evidence god doesn't exist. Here goes.

There is no god.

RadBooley

I know it might not be in the format that you would like, but it's evidence eh? It's at least as valid as whatever scripture verse you were going to quote.

Red-XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Red-XIII
[QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="Red-XIII"]

I cannot touch, see, taste, smell or hear God. I cannot measure him by any physical means and one person's faith cannot be measured against anothers by any objective means. I have as much 'faith' in believing there isn't a God as I have as much 'faith' in believing there isn't Big Foot, Loch Ness Monster etc.
McManus107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 McManus107
[QUOTE="McManus107"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]

blackregiment

There are many evidences, in His creation, in His revealed Word, in fulfilled prophecy , in Jesus Christ, and in the power of the Holy Spirit to change the lives of those that put their faith and trust in Christ.

wanna give some examples

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

God bless,
Crushmaster.

Crushmaster

For this reason you should have kept that thread in your unions board.

But I guess everyone needs a mute audience to spread ideas and beliefs. I chose the second and I was the first one to do so, but only for the first part, not the second saying "because I'm a wonderful person" or w/e.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Crushmaster
Here is a story some of you may find interesting (as this is an actual account): (Luke 16:19-31) - "There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: {20} And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, {21} And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. {22} And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; {23} And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. {24} And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. {25} But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. {26} And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. {27} Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: {28} For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. {29} Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. {30} And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. {31} And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." Also, here are the verses I referenced in the poll: (Ephesians 2:8-9) - "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: {9} Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Revelation 20:15) - "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." (Matthew 7:26-27) - "And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: {27} And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it." (John 14:6) - "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tycoonmike
Member since 2005 • 6082 Posts

A trick question, huh? Not to mention you are relying on faith to judge our fates. There is nothing you can do that will prepare you for the afterlife, including supposedly believing in Jesus. Indeed, the whole idea of fanatical evangelism is against the ideals Christ preached. He preached tolerance, and the idiots on the television preach intolerance.

But to answer your question, I place my faith in God and God alone. Not some human counterpart, not some trinity, but simply God Almighty. Why should we need a middleman like a prophet to communicate with God?

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blackregiment

I'll try to live my life making judgements of what makes a person right or wrong according to my internal moral code. I may repent and convert on my deathbed to be on the safe side.AnObscureName

In a dangerous and treacherous world, how do you know that you will even get a chance to "convert" on your deathbed. We are all just one heartbeat, one breath, one accident, away from eternity. Have you ever considered that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that these threads cover the exact same grounds as the previous ones?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 foxhound_fox
Yeah, some people call that agnostic, but the original meaning of atheism is maybe the same.11Marcel

Some people would but if you reject the claims of theism, that makes you an atheist. Whether or not you make claims of your own doesn't matter.

If someone believes that they do not know that God exists, they would be agnostic.

blackregiment

No, they are an atheist. There is a difference between accepting and rejecting claims and "knowing" whether or not they are true. There are two sides, each with two forms of "knowledge." You have theism on one side and atheism on the other. Whether or not you know those claims to be true falls into gnosticism and agnosticism.

And please, besides the Bible and other related religious texts, what "evidence" is there "a great deal of" that shows that "God exists and the truth of Christianity."

There is tons of evidence for the truth of Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Sikhism, Shintoism, Shamanism, Zoroastrianism, Baha'iism and plenty of the other world religions that pretty much undermine your claim that Christianity is "right."

And technically, belief in the unproveable is exactly blind faith.
vlin1108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 vlin1108
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
The only people I require salvation from is those who would have me, or not, burn in a lake of fire. Both would preach at my ear and disturb my peace. This, hell, is a thing of the past; the devil is a liability to Christianity and a wickedness of imagination.
Fandangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Fandangle
Member since 2003 • 3433 Posts
Mmmmm the lake of fire has the best fish - already deep fried
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 foxhound_fox
Has anyone else noticed that these threads cover the exact same grounds as the previous ones?123625

I've been participating in religion threads for years now and have noticed that they all are exactly the same... which is probably why I enjoy them so much.
Avatar image for NecroKvltMuffin
NecroKvltMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NecroKvltMuffin
Member since 2007 • 9334 Posts
Just a couple more sacrifices and I think I'm good.
McManus107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 McManus107

Has anyone else noticed that these threads cover the exact same grounds as the previous ones?123625

all religion threads end up the same

"god isn't real""the bible is always right""I have evidence of god,but you need to have faith in him"

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Crushmaster

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Red-XIII"]I do not believe in the lake of fire, therefore I don't need to trust in anyone/thing to save me from it.Red-XIII

That's all well and good for you, but that truck I can see, hear and touch. Unlike God, which you have no physical proof of. I think that old quote "Seeing is believing" applies here. It would be pretty damn obvious to two of my senses that I was about to die from said truck, whereas you're asking me to have faith in something invisible and untouchable.

I don't feel obliged to place my trust in an ancient scripture that has no more validity than any other major religions. I will take my chances on being a decent human being over an intangible thing like faith.

It is not just an "Ancient Scripture", as you put it. It is something which has never, ever been proven wrong.
RadBooley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 RadBooley
[QUOTE="Red-XIII"]

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

It is not just an "Ancient Scripture", as you put it. It is something which has never, ever been proven wrong.

...I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Immortalica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Immortalica
Member since 2008 • 6309 Posts
There is no eternal destiny from what I believe, we all die and rot inside a coffin, and I like it that way.tzar3
This.