Wii Game Recommendation thread - ALL 'Which game to get' questions HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#551 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

I learn you are a fan of RE.. i`m one myself...

RE UC has recieve different point of view from the fans.. so maybe you should wait for more replies... but..

From my point of view.. GET IT!! why?

1. you finally get to see and play during the fall of umbrella.

2. you can view the RE universe from the eyes of Wesker.

3. replay value can be crazy. Getting all the items/files is crazy. And if you are one that like getting rank S or infinitive ammo .. well... you`ll be playing a long while.

4. Have Co-op (some stages do not, thus is avaliable in all stage as unlockable)

5. you get a really nice summary of most of the most important moments in RE.

:D

epayps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#552 epayps2
Member since 2005 • 3129 Posts

[QUOTE="epayps2"][QUOTE="nelfer320"]I need help please. I would like to know if any of the following VC games are worth it? They are the whole Ninja Gaiden trilogy(Ninja Gaiden 1,2,and3 from the NES)nelfer320
I've only played the first NG(still trying to beat it!), and I think it's a very good game..... but it's VERY frustrating, IMO. I guess it depends how good, and patient you are.

Is it ok to skip the first two games and start playing #3? IDK if I should download all 3 games.

Well, according to vc-reviews.com, NG3, is the worst of the three...... but I haven't played it myself, so your choice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#553 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

[QUOTE="nelfer320"][QUOTE="epayps2"][QUOTE="nelfer320"]I need help please. I would like to know if any of the following VC games are worth it? They are the whole Ninja Gaiden trilogy(Ninja Gaiden 1,2,and3 from the NES)epayps2

I've only played the first NG(still trying to beat it!), and I think it's a very good game..... but it's VERY frustrating, IMO. I guess it depends how good, and patient you are.

Is it ok to skip the first two games and start playing #3? IDK if I should download all 3 games.

Well, according to vc-reviews.com, NG3, is the worst of the three...... but I haven't played it myself, so your choice.

my bro is a NG fan... and he would say.. GET 1!!! :P I do not like either so :P

jericoY2J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#554 jericoY2J
Member since 2006 • 1688 Posts

I dont know whether to get bully or no more heroes. they both come out in Aus within 2 weeks. I never played bully on ps2. NMH looks awesome except it looks like mite get repetitive. wat do u guys reckon?dain1000

bully is a great game on the ps2 but idk about the wii version but nmh is freakin awesome!!!! must have if you like a cool, funny, and downright bada-- game. its pretty good for a wii. i say one of the elite on this console.

jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#555 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts
Bully Scholarship Edition has to be added to that list. Its a great Wii game. My favourite.
darkgamingdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#556 darkgamingdude
Member since 2005 • 6032 Posts
Hey there guys. I'm going to get a new game soon but I'm unsure of what to buy (obviously). Before you all rush in and suggest Brawl, I'm from Europe.

The games I'm thinking about getting would be No More Heroes, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Resi: UC or Resi 4.

I've played through the PS2 Resi 4 but never finished it. I do have online and that is what makes me feel like getting MohH2.

Any help at all is much appreciated :)
nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#557 nelfer320
Member since 2004 • 2867 Posts
Hey there guys. I'm going to get a new game soon but I'm unsure of what to buy (obviously). Before you all rush in and suggest Brawl, I'm from Europe.

The games I'm thinking about getting would be No More Heroes, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Resi: UC or Resi 4.

I've played through the PS2 Resi 4 but never finished it. I do have online and that is what makes me feel like getting MohH2.

darkgamingdude
Resident Evil 4 is good and its out for just $30 bucks. I heard Resident Evil: UC is pretty good especially with co-op play! I advice u one of the Resident Evils cause No More Heroes is really short, Medal of Honor Heroes 2 is only good playing online. Don't know about Fire Emblem.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#558 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

I just got a Wii points card again and I'm probably going to get Super Metroid and Harvest Moon (I have 2400 points at the moment) and I just want to hear some thoughts about those games. And also, is there any other recommendations for other games?

Bear in mind I have these games: Paper Mario 64, Actraiser, Ninja Gaiden 1, Gunstar Heroes, and Legend of Zelda NES.

Thanks in advance!

nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#560 nelfer320
Member since 2004 • 2867 Posts

I just got a Wii points card again and I'm probably going to get Super Metroid and Harvest Moon (I have 2400 points at the moment) and I just want to hear some thoughts about those games. And also, is there any other recommendations for other games?

Bear in mind I have these games: Paper Mario 64, Actraiser, Ninja Gaiden 1, Gunstar Heroes, and Legend of Zelda NES.

Thanks in advance!

Dark_Link142
IDK anything about Harvest Moon but Super Metroid I know is a great classic gem if u are into the Metroid series or enjoy old school shooters. I've played it at a cousin's place and I plan on downloading it myself.
darkgamingdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#561 darkgamingdude
Member since 2005 • 6032 Posts
[QUOTE="darkgamingdude"]Hey there guys. I'm going to get a new game soon but I'm unsure of what to buy (obviously). Before you all rush in and suggest Brawl, I'm from Europe.

nelfer320
Resident Evil 4 is good and its out for just $30 bucks. I heard Resident Evil: UC is pretty good especially with co-op play! I advice u one of the Resident Evils cause No More Heroes is really short, Medal of Honor Heroes 2 is only good playing online. Don't know about Fire Emblem.

Thank you very much :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#563 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

@darkgamingdude: agree with that post.. and for my opinion on RE UC, rea my post a lil up.

Thanks in advance!

Dark_Link142

Zelda a Link to the past.. that game imo is GREAT and you seem a fan of teh series.

Also what about neutopia 2 (is a rip off of zelda, but a good one)

Star tropics... pretty nice zelda-type RPG

How do you feel about Castlevania old-schoolers?? If you are OK with HARD games (and it seems so bc you ahve NG1) try Super Castlevania 4, my review and it older and more hard brother Castlevania NES, my review

SMB3.. is pretty good.. if you enjoy the mario plataformers...

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#564 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

@darkgamingdude: agree with that post.. and for my opinion on RE UC, rea my post a lil up.

[QUOTE="Dark_Link142"]

Thanks in advance!

chang_1910

Zelda a Link to the past.. that game imo is GREAT and you seem a fan of teh series.

Also what about neutopia 2 (is a rip off of zelda, but a good one)

Star tropics... pretty nice zelda-type RPG

How do you feel about Castlevania old-schoolers?? If you are OK with HARD games (and it seems so bc you ahve NG1) try Super Castlevania 4, my review and it older and more hard brother Castlevania NES, my review

SMB3.. is pretty good.. if you enjoy the mario plataformers...

Thank you for the help. I don't really care much for the older castlevanias but they're ok I suppose but I don't plan on getting one.

Those other 3 sound great. I probably won't get A Link to the Past because I've already played it a lot and such. I'm interested in the other 2 was well. I'm also thinking of Sonic 3.

Again, thanks for your help.

Miisterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#565 Miisterr
Member since 2007 • 241 Posts
add SSBB to the most-haves .. no.wait. make a new list named the SERIOUSLY MOST-HAVE CRAZY AWSOME GAMES!!! and add SSBB to that list :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#566 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Thank you for the help. I don't really care much for the older castlevanias but they're ok I suppose but I don't plan on getting one.

Those other 3 sound great. I probably won't get A Link to the Past because I've already played it a lot and such. I'm interested in the other 2 was well. I'm also thinking of Sonic 3.

Again, thanks for your help.Dark_Link142

Welcome :) and if any other question just ask :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#568 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

how do i make polls when i post new messagesfootball4ever16

This question below here

eiher way when you create a new thread you have a clickable button after the message space to create poll... (aloud 1 per day)

You should visit link above, I do not remember the details of restriction for poll depending on level

MegaMAN1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#569 MegaMAN1121
Member since 2006 • 551 Posts

I wanna get into the zelda series. So what game do you recommed for a zelda beginner. I just download ocarlna of time and think of getting phatom hour glass so what Zelda game you reccommed I play next

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#570 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

I wanna get into the zelda series. So what game do you recommed for a zelda beginner. I just download ocarlna of time and think of getting phatom hour glass so what Zelda game you reccommed I play next

MegaMAN1121

Ocarina of Time on the Virtual Console

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#571 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
[QUOTE="MegaMAN1121"]

PhazonBlazer

he said he already have that... no?

If you laready have OoT and beside the new PH.. I would get Zelda: a link to the past. Is a bit old-school.. but is one of the best zelda imo..

If you want to keep going go with the wind walker, pretty good game.

DO NOT get zelda II on VC, I have it and love it but is not teh one to get you into the series. The original Legend of zelda is also pretty good, but may have too much of old school in it for a newcommer to the serie.

hope that helps

chaos12391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#572 chaos12391
Member since 2006 • 180 Posts
yo i gots 1200 vc points and dunno what to get with em. any suggestions?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#573 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

yo i gots 1200 vc points and dunno what to get with em. any suggestions?chaos12391

do you have any VC game?? What type of game you like??

Overall I recommed:

Zelda Lik to the past

Zelda Ocarina of time

SBM3

Startropics

Super Castlevania 4 (if you can handle old-school hard games)

Paper Mario

those come to mind now..

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#574 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts
[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"][QUOTE="MegaMAN1121"]

chang_1910

If you laready have OoT and beside the new PH.. I would get Zelda: a link to the past. Is a bit old-school.. but is one of the best zelda imo..

DO NOT get zelda II on VC, I have it and love it but is not teh one to get you into the series. The original Legend of zelda is also pretty good, but may have too much of old school in it for a newcommer to the serie.

hope that helps

sorry, did not read all of the message

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#575 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

sorry, did not read all of the messagePhazonBlazer

oh.. no no nothing to say sorry for.. :oops: I was actually asking.. my 1st language is not english so I was not sure if I missunderstood.. :)

MegaMAN1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#576 MegaMAN1121
Member since 2006 • 551 Posts
[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"][QUOTE="MegaMAN1121"]

chang_1910

hope that helps

Yeah It does. Should get Phatom Hourglass. Are the dungeon hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#577 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

YES!!! I thought you did not had doubt on that one, reason why I did not said anything (and that is a DS game, no a wii)

I did not find any dugeon hard, exc the one that you have to do several time (forgot the name) in between dugeons.. That one is with time and can be lil tricky..

Overall the game is great. Only thing I did not like, some controls can be bad, actually one: hiting trees.. *sighs*

enjoy...

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#578 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts
I added Brawl to the must-haves and the list of online multiplayer games. It's at #2 for a reason... I just couldn't replace Galaxy at the #1 slot. ;)
epayps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#579 epayps2
I added Brawl to the must-haves and the list of online multiplayer games. It's at #2 for a reason... I just couldn't replace Galaxy at the #1 slot. ;)JordanElek
I don't see it, on the online multiplayer list. :?
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#580 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]I added Brawl to the must-haves and the list of online multiplayer games. It's at #2 for a reason... I just couldn't replace Galaxy at the #1 slot. ;)epayps2
I don't see it, on the online multiplayer list. :?

Oh its on there. But its under, other online games, so it doesnt have a picture or a description. Anyway i bet Jordan is going to add a picture and a description, he just needs to play the online to be able to tell how good it is.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#581 JordanElek

Oh its on there. But its under, other online games, so it doesnt have a picture or a description. Anyway i bet Jordan is going to add a picture and a description, he just needs to play the online to be able to tell how good it is.epayps2

I already put the box art and description in the Must Haves section. That stuff doesn't need to be listed twice, so I only put the name of it in the list of online games.

qhr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#582 qhr
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i've got cash
jharv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#583 jharv
Member since 2007 • 1774 Posts
Need a new golf game, Tiger woods 08 or super swing golf?
jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#584 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts

Okay, there are a few games coming out soon or have recently come out in Australia.

I can't decide which one to save up for: Fire Emblem, Bully, Battalion Wars, Mario Kart (I know your guess is as good as mine on how it'll turn out), No More Heroes (Censored version), Zack and Wiki, Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (The gamecube game ported to wii) or Metroid Prime 3 (came out ages ago).

Thanks for your help. I'm mainly looking for a game that's just plain fun, challenging and not too short. (4 hours = way too short, 8 hours= okay 15= Good)

epayps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#585 epayps2

[QUOTE="epayps2"]Oh its on there. But its under, other online games, so it doesnt have a picture or a description. Anyway i bet Jordan is going to add a picture and a description, he just needs to play the online to be able to tell how good it is.JordanElek

I already put the box art and description in the Must Haves section. That stuff doesn't need to be listed twice, so I only put the name of it in the list of online games.

Oops. :P Didn't notice the "Other online titles:" part.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#586 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Okay, there are a few games coming out soon or have recently come out in Australia.

I can't decide which one to save up for: Fire Emblem, Bully, Battalion Wars, Mario Kart (I know your guess is as good as mine on how it'll turn out), No More Heroes (Censored version), Zack and Wiki, Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (The gamecube game ported to wii) or Metroid Prime 3 (came out ages ago).

Thanks for your help. I'm mainly looking for a game that's just plain fun, challenging and not too short. (4 hours = way too short, 8 hours= okay 15= Good)

jjr10

one out of those.... Hmmm.... MK do not come until april (at least NA, do not remember for AU) and we still do not know much about it and pry would have issue with online at 1st (thus i`m getting it for sure :lol: )

If you Like puzzles Z&W is a pretty good one and is long enough..

NMH censored or not (assume the blood was the only thing remove) is a hell of a great game.

Now.. all that said: I would pry go with MP3, is fun, longer that the others (at least for me), has pretty good use of controllers. and bc it was release a long time ago you could find a used copy or a cheaper one.

If you can get MP3 and NMH (at least my choice would be between those)

sorry about HM no idea about that serie :P

hope taht helps

i've got cashqhr

we need more than that... what u looking for?? what you have?? VC?? Wii?? and so on... :)

jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#587 jjr10
Okay, it's either No More Heroes, Metroid Prime 3 or Mario Kart Wii. I guess you guys can't help with the Mario Kart bit, but anyway.
Slamost432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#588 Slamost432
Member since 2007 • 61 Posts
Go with Metroid Prime 3I have both No more heroes and MP# and MP3 is just so much better I think

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#589 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Go with Metroid Prime 3I have both No more heroes and MP# and MP3 is just so much better I thinkSlamost432

yea I think it give more for your money... I should end the voucher stuff btw...

Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#590 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts

Okay, it's either No More Heroes, Metroid Prime 3 or Mario Kart Wii. I guess you guys can't help with the Mario Kart bit, but anyway.jjr10

I'd say go with with MP3. But its not that long (probably around 10-12 hours) but it has different difficulty settings to add some replay value. If you liked any of the Metriod Prime games on the GC, then you will like this one.

jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#591 jjr10

I loved MP1...

MP3 it is. I rented it a while ago, it was very good.

lindo932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592 lindo932
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts
Hey guys, ive got cash to spend so i was thinking of getting Furu Furu Park and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core. Can you guys tell me just how good both games are? Please and thank you.
jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#593 jjr10

I think Furu Furu park is supposed to be horrible.

reevedmoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#594 reevedmoir
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts
I was wondering if theres any rpg's out there where you can do whatever you want. I was thinking things like grand theft auto and games like those? do you know if theres any out there?
Avatar image for christ4ever9889
christ4ever9889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#595 christ4ever9889
Member since 2007 • 1349 Posts

Hey, I'm getting some new games and I've looked around but can't really find some answers, and I suck at search engines:p. anyway I've been looking at guitar hero 3, medal of honour heroes 2, no more heroes, and legend of zelda twilight princess. I have some questions on all so I'll start with guitar hero.

I've played the first guitar hero on easy for a while at a friend's and played rock band on medium/hard at a different friends. My questions on all of this is, are there a lot of songs that will make me want to go back again and again by myself for guitar hero fun?, how hard is it I'm not talking about the dragonforce song but overall? will it take me between 15-20 or more hours just to make it too hard or will I be able to do hard in only a few hours, in other words, is it a long game with lots of replay value? how about online is it still going strong right at this moment? will I be able to find people in the play anyone section of online and find lots of people? that is all my questions for guitar hero.

medal of honour heroes 2, how is the wii zapper gameplay, is the game single player hard (even with the idiot AI) and have different difficulties? Is the online going strong in deathmatch, team deathmatch, and capture the flag (I'll be playing all 3) and is the game overall even fun and last a long time with fun online? that's all my questions for medal of honour.

no more heroes, is it a long game (15-20 hours) on core gameplay and are there any extra sidequests or minigames? is it hard or challenging? that is all?

zelda twilight princess, is it a repeat of ocarina of time (I know the story kind of is but how about dungeons and puzzles i.e at the end of the first dungeon you fight a giant spider type of thing)? is it long with a lot of sidequests? is it difficult or easy, I'm hearing that it's easy from some people and hard from others.

Thanks for all the help in answering my questions.

Avatar image for christ4ever9889
christ4ever9889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#596 christ4ever9889
Member since 2007 • 1349 Posts

sorry for the double post but also which game would you suggest to get, and please specify which of the above games you have when you say which game. thanks again for all the help

reevedmoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#597 reevedmoir

I can't speak of other games but I know that medal of honor heroes 2 has a great online. It is pretty much a big board with all types of these games. The campaign mode doesn't take long and most people only play it once. It is a game that is really based on online play. There is between 100-800 people on when i go on usually 700's during peakhours. I expect this might go down as more games come out such as Brawl.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#598 JordanElek

are there a lot of songs that will make me want to go back again and again by myself for guitar hero fun?, how hard is it overall? will it take me between 15-20 or more hours just to make it too hard or will I be able to do hard in only a few hours, is it a long game with lots of replay value? how about online is it still going strong right at this moment? will I be able to find people in the play anyone section of online and find lots of people?christ4ever9889

Replay value is the driving force of Guitar Hero. I've played the game almost daily since November, and I still can't get enough.

You won't move up to hard in a few hours. Maybe a few days if you play constantly, even a few weeks if you don't play that much. It takes a lot of practice. Moving from medium to hard is the most difficult transition. Expert forces you to learn new techniques and develop faster fingers. It's impossible to say how difficult the game is as a whole.... some songs are easy, some are nearly impossible, but most are somewhere in between. Even with playing as much as I do, I still haven't beaten the game.

Online is great. I've never had trouble finding an opponent. Sometimes it takes awhile for the system to find an opponent, but if you create your own game, you'll usually never have to wait more than a couple of minutes.

Chellmit55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#599 Chellmit55
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

i have guitar hero 3 or re4 for the wii,

but i need cant find any really worth the money games, i heard of that game, No More Heroes, but it looks kind of retarted cause of the graphics, what do u think of it if you own it?

super mario galaxy i heard was good but im not really into those games without a story, i like ones like crysis, fear, or bioshock, but i still heard it was really good, can u tell me the gameplay?

and are there any other game recommendations

reevedmoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#600 reevedmoir
Should I get Bully or The Godfather: Blackhand Edition?