Wii Game Recommendation thread - ALL 'Which game to get' questions HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

descrate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#501 descrate
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I don't which game to pick No More Heroes or Metroid Corruption.......help anyone?
vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#502 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

I don't which game to pick No More Heroes or Metroid Corruption.......help anyone?descrate

I haven't played No More Heroes, but I can tell you Metroid Prime 3 is a great game and you should get it

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#503 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

i must admit JordanElek you made one heck of a thread, though i find it a bit odd how you catogorized the titles :Pnintendo-4life

Yeah, I organized it in a way that I thought would be the most helpful yet still concise. Most people ask for a simple list of the best Wii games, so that's the Must Haves. A lot of people bought the Wii for party action, so that got its own section. And plenty of people ask for a list of online titles. The last section is for noteworthy games that don't fit in the other sections. Rarely do people ask for a specific genre, so I figure it's kind of a waste to organize according to that.

There's a bit of reason behind the madness, don't worry. ;)

hey i was wandering if guitar hero 3 is REALLY worth it.. or should i wait for Rock band to come out? ..Miisterr

That's a tough one. The problem with waiting for Rock Band is that we have no idea when it's coming. Even if you buy Guitar Hero today, you'd probably still have enough time to save up for Rock Band when it comes out. They're two very different games in terms of music selection, so there's no harm in getting both.

gnbfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#504 gnbfd
Member since 2006 • 4128 Posts

Can't decide. Help Please.

Endless Ocean or Zack & Wiki

and

Star Fox 64 or Kirby 64 or Startropics & Zelda II

Thanks

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#505 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

and

Thanks

gnbfd

Zack and Wiki, Kirby 64

epayps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#506 epayps2
Member since 2005 • 3129 Posts

and

Thanks

gnbfd
I haven't played Z&W, but I love Endless Ocean. I guess it comes down to weather you want an exploration game, or a puzzle game.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#507 PhazonBlazer
ok, should i pay $20 to get the original Tales of Symphonia
Miisterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#508 Miisterr
Member since 2007 • 241 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"]i must admit JordanElek you made one heck of a thread, though i find it a bit odd how you catogorized the titles :PJordanElek

Yeah, I organized it in a way that I thought would be the most helpful yet still concise. Most people ask for a simple list of the best Wii games, so that's the Must Haves. A lot of people bought the Wii for party action, so that got its own section. And plenty of people ask for a list of online titles. The last section is for noteworthy games that don't fit in the other sections. Rarely do people ask for a specific genre, so I figure it's kind of a waste to organize according to that.

There's a bit of reason behind the madness, don't worry. ;)

yeah i agree with nintendo-4life.. your thread had helped me a lot jordan.. you made an excelent job on doing this.. i like the way you arrange all the games and its good you update it very frequently.. you'll need to update it the day SSBB comes out!! and add it right away to the must haves!! :D same with mario kart- okami- and more

[QUOTE="Miisterr"]hey i was wandering if guitar hero 3 is REALLY worth it.. or should i wait for Rock band to come out? ..JordanElek

That's a tough one. The problem with waiting for Rock Band is that we have no idea when it's coming. Even if you buy Guitar Hero today, you'd probably still have enough time to save up for Rock Band when it comes out. They're two very different games in terms of music selection, so there's no harm in getting both.

yeah i'v been thinking about that a lot.. ill probalby just buy GH3 and later on get Rock band.. and also GH aerosmith is comming!!" thats helping me convincing myself on buying GH.. thnx for the advice!

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#509 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

guys/gals :( please my post above...

what you guys/gals say??

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#510 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

ok, should i pay $20 to get the original Tales of SymphoniaPhazonBlazer

I definitely would, it was one of the GC's best RPGs. Considering the sequel is coming up for Wii, I'd say this is the perfect time to pick it up.

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#511 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts

what you guys/gals say??

chang_1910

Well some of the games I'm playing right now are Zanac, Lords of Thunder, Alien Soldier, Streets of Rage 2, Stratropics, and a few others...
I havnt played Landstalker, but I hear its somewhat like Light Crusader. I have Light Crusader, and I really love it. It has some nice puzzles with some hack n slash and RPG elements thrown in.
Startropics I think won't be for every one, but I like it alot.

I'm more of an arcadey/beat'em/shoot'em/hack'em up fan, so I don't know if I can be any help. :(
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#512 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]ok, should i pay $20 to get the original Tales of SymphoniaErebyssial

I definitely would, it was one of the GC's best RPGs. Considering the sequel is coming up for Wii, I'd say this is the perfect time to pick it up.

I agree completely. I did the same thing and so far think it is much better than expected. I actually bought it for the action-RPG battle system... as it looked rather interesting to see the mechanics of it. The rest of the game is good too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#513 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
[QUOTE="chang_1910"]

what you guys/gals say??

EmilioDigsIt

Well some of the games I'm playing right now are Zanac, Lords of Thunder, Alien Soldier, Streets of Rage 2, Stratropics, and a few others...
I havnt played Landstalker, but I hear its somewhat like Light Crusader. I have Light Crusader, and I really love it. It has some nice puzzles with some hack n slash and RPG elements thrown in.

I'm more of an arcadey/beat'em/shoot'em/hack'em up fan, so I don't know if I can be any help. :(

:D thx for your reply...

Ok... so i`m getting point for Landstalker, is suppose to be better than light crusader so if LC is good then :D and puzzles + RPG = GOOD.

Hmmm... what you mean?? abut startropics... why not for everyone???

ANyone else on this one?? I`m getting 3000 points.. why?? its being a while.. :P

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#514 PhazonBlazer
[QUOTE="EmilioDigsIt"][QUOTE="chang_1910"]

what you guys/gals say??

chang_1910

:D thx for your reply...

Ok... so i`m getting point for Landstalker, is suppose to be better than light crusader so if LC is good then :D and puzzles + RPG = GOOD.

Hmmm... what you mean?? abut startropics... why not for everyone???

ANyone else on this one?? I`m getting 3000 points.. why?? its being a while.. :P

Startropics

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#515 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

and

Thanks

gnbfd

Zack& Wiki

Star Fox 64

timothy41495

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#516 timothy41495
Member since 2005 • 237 Posts
sonics for genesis or super metroid thanks in advacne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#517 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

sonics for genesis or super metroid thanks in advacnetimothy41495

super metroid... but i do not like sonic.. so :oops:

I came to say THX... I got star tropics to start.. GREAT li game... :P

Also I have around 2000 points left so any other recommendation let me know... (also got landstalkers)

Thx

epayps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#518 epayps2
Would anyone reccomend Kid Icarus? What kind of game is it, and what is it like?
vasanthan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#519 vasanthan
Member since 2005 • 193 Posts
I certainly think that if u hav a wii get games that are suited to it, caus something like guitar hero can be played on other consoles too, i mean games like bleach etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#520 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Would anyone reccomend Kid Icarus? What kind of game is it, and what is it like?epayps2

Yes... is a plataformer.. imo a good one...

here you can see more about it. scrool down for a lil clip.

no_one089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521 no_one089
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts
Which WiiWare titles that are coming out today do you girls/guys recommend?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#522 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Which WiiWare titles that are coming out today do you girls/guys recommend?no_one089

today??? They would start comming out on May 12 (if I remember correctelly)

FF CC" the king something is suppose to be out on launch.. 15US$

I would also recommended (for what we know so far)

Eternity child (maybe 5US$)

Lost wings

Also there is one called.. Woo something a puzzle game

and one about a violinist who has killed or something like that.. but there is no much about that one yet (less that about the others :P ) EDIT: this one is called the Rose Princes

no_one089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#523 no_one089

[QUOTE="no_one089"]Which WiiWare titles that are coming out today do you girls/guys recommend?chang_1910

Lost wings

and one about a violinist who has killed or something like that.. but there is no much about that one yet (less that about the others :P ) EDIT: this one is called the Rose Princes

On IGN its says the FF game and Pokemon Ranch plus 2 more are being released today. Is it wrong?
GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#524 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts

Here are some games that I suggest you add:

Pokemon Battle Revolution: (Others section)

If your not a Pokemon fan, skip it but if you are, I highly suggest it. One of those better Pokemon spin-offs.

Fire Emblem: Radient Dawn: (Others section)

Although not one of the better games. Still a great game. Highly suggested for RPG fan. Really hardcore RPG.

Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party: (Others Section):

Every once in a while, a DDR expansion pack will make a big change (The original PS1 game, DDR: Max, DDR: Ex US verson). This is one of them. Although it doesn't have one of the best sound tracks in the series, it's still worth a look. One of the most underrated Wii games.

Wii Play: (Party games)

Although only two-player, non-gamers will eat this up. A very good deal considering it includes a wiimote. One of the better mini-game collections, despite the haters.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games: (Party games)

The best mutiplayer game on the Wii. Minigames are only slightly worse then Wii Play's, and there's a lot of them. Non-gamers and hardcore gamers alike will have fun playing this together

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#525 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
[QUOTE="chang_1910"]

[QUOTE="no_one089"]Which WiiWare titles that are coming out today do you girls/guys recommend?no_one089

Lost wings

On IGN its says the FF game and Pokemon Ranch plus 2 more are being released today. Is it wrong?

yeap..

look it this way... if wiiware were going to be release today the Forums would be flowed with that...

Any link on that info?? I could not find it...

no_one089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#526 no_one089
[QUOTE="no_one089"][QUOTE="chang_1910"]

[QUOTE="no_one089"]Which WiiWare titles that are coming out today do you girls/guys recommend?chang_1910

Lost wings

yeap..

look it this way... if wiiware were going to be release today the Forums would be flowed with that...

Any link on that info?? I could not find it...

On IGN goto the Nentendo Wii section and scroll all the way down. There it will show recently released and games coming soon. There is Pokemon Farm and others saying a 3/1 release.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#527 JordanElek

On IGN goto the Nentendo Wii section and scroll all the way down. There it will show recently released and games coming soon. There is Pokemon Farm and others saying a 3/1 release.no_one089

I believe WiiWare was originally rumored to launch in March, so they probably set a generic release date for the games they knew were going to be ready first. Then they never got around to changing them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#528 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

:shock: wow.. yea... that has to be a mistake.. a huge one btw.. if that were true the news would be all over... here, at kotaku, ign, 1up and so...

To teh mod.. sorry for the OT...

EDIT: :) oh Jordan is here to clear up :D There you go... So yea.. no Wiiware recommendations yet.. :P

jericoY2J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#529 jericoY2J
Member since 2006 • 1688 Posts
okay so i'm gonna trade super mario galaxy(already beat it dissapointed me) also paid full for ssbb. what game should i get? i was thinking no more heroes(if in stock) or fire emblem(never played anything from the franchise but a hugh rpg fan).
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#530 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
okay so i'm gonna trade super mario galaxy(already beat it dissapointed me) also paid full for ssbb. what game should i get? i was thinking no more heroes(if in stock) or fire emblem(never played anything from the franchise but a hugh rpg fan).jericoY2J
If you want Fire Emblem I would suggest the GC game first, it is far easier. Don't get me wrong, I love Radiant Dawn (gave it an 8.5), but people criticize it for it's dificulty, so if you are a huge fan, get the GC version if you can find it, but if you are super hard-core and know how a grid-based strategy RPG works, go for it, you probably won't be disappointed.
jericoY2J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#531 jericoY2J
Member since 2006 • 1688 Posts

[QUOTE="jericoY2J"]okay so i'm gonna trade super mario galaxy(already beat it dissapointed me) also paid full for ssbb. what game should i get? i was thinking no more heroes(if in stock) or fire emblem(never played anything from the franchise but a hugh rpg fan).Phantom5800
If you want Fire Emblem I would suggest the GC game first, it is far easier. Don't get me wrong, I love Radiant Dawn (gave it an 8.5), but people criticize it for it's dificulty, so if you are a huge fan, get the GC version if you can find it, but if you are super hard-core and know how a grid-based strategy RPG works, go for it, you probably won't be disappointed.

i like a challenge...how hard? and what gameplay is similar to it?(advanced wars maybe?)

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#532 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts

[QUOTE="Phantom5800"][QUOTE="jericoY2J"]okay so i'm gonna trade super mario galaxy(already beat it dissapointed me) also paid full for ssbb. what game should i get? i was thinking no more heroes(if in stock) or fire emblem(never played anything from the franchise but a hugh rpg fan).jericoY2J

i like a challenge...how hard? and what gameplay is similar to it?(advanced wars maybe?)

yes, similar to Advance Wars, but much harder. The first few chapters are brutal because your units are incredibly weak. It has three difficulty settings, and Easy is still fairly challenging, but Normal is brutal. Just remember that if a unit dies, they are gone for good, so restarting levels to make sure certain units stay alive is extremely common on Normal and Hard modes, especially for new commers to the series.
ms-fable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#533 ms-fable
Member since 2008 • 741 Posts
I'd recommend one piece unlimited adventure I love character select (bigger then brawl), great adventure mode and fighting is 3d (don't get me wrong I love 2d but 3d really good)

I'd never recommend pokemon br worst pokemon game eva (that I've played)
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#534 PhazonBlazer
[QUOTE="jericoY2J"]

[QUOTE="Phantom5800"][QUOTE="jericoY2J"]okay so i'm gonna trade super mario galaxy(already beat it dissapointed me) also paid full for ssbb. what game should i get? i was thinking no more heroes(if in stock) or fire emblem(never played anything from the franchise but a hugh rpg fan).Phantom5800

yes, similar to Advance Wars, but much harder. The first few chapters are brutal because your units are incredibly weak. It has three difficulty settings, and Easy is still fairly challenging, but Normal is brutal. Just remember that if a unit dies, they are gone for good, so restarting levels to make sure certain units stay alive is extremely common on Normal and Hard modes, especially for new commers to the series.

i didnt find normal so hard

footfoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#535 footfoe2
Member since 2007 • 3014 Posts

ok so im looking for a game with 2 or more players, that doesnt pit players against each other, a game where players work together

i need a game with co-op cause my friends keep geting pissed off when i beat them every time

zerosaber456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#536 zerosaber456
Member since 2005 • 1363 Posts
Which has better gameplay and graphics? COD3 or MOH:H2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#537 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Which has better gameplay and graphics? COD3 or MOH:H2zerosaber456

MOH.. but consider that it does NOT have offline multiplayer..

web_slinger_62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#538 web_slinger_62
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts
k so other than SSBB, im really not looking forward to any games this year cept maybe MUA2 and the new spidey game if they come out this year (maybe i'll just use that money to save for a ps3)
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#539 PhazonBlazer

ok so im looking for a game with 2 or more players, that doesnt pit players against each other, a game where players work together

i need a game with co-op cause my friends keep geting pissed off when i beat them every time

footfoe2

Super Mario Galaxy

epayps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#540 epayps2

[QUOTE="epayps2"]Would anyone reccomend Kid Icarus? What kind of game is it, and what is it like?chang_1910

Thanks. It looks interesting, but I don't know.... I hear it's a hard game. Can you give me an idea on how hard it is? Would you say it's harder then Ninja Gaiden(NES), because I don't want it much harder then that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#541 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
[QUOTE="chang_1910"]

[QUOTE="epayps2"]Would anyone reccomend Kid Icarus? What kind of game is it, and what is it like?epayps2

Thanks. It looks interesting, but I don't know.... I hear it's a hard game. Can you give me an idea on how hard it is? Would you say it's harder then Ninja Gaiden(NES), because I don't want it much harder then that.

OMG.. NO.. :P

I have ninja gaiden (got it for my brother) and bc I`m not a fan of the series, i just try to play for old memories.. I had teh conclusion that just for old memories is not worth it :lol: Ninja gaiden is a game for hardcore fan of teh series.. :P

Now.. by this Am I saying tha kidicarus is easy?? NO.. is a pretty hard game. A guess you could wait for more replies.. I do not know if mine was helpful.. imo is easier that ninja gaiden, but the game is hard either way. :oops:

Hope you enjoy whatever you end up getting :)

dain1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#542 dain1000
Member since 2006 • 41 Posts
I dont know whether to get bully or no more heroes. they both come out in Aus within 2 weeks. I never played bully on ps2. NMH looks awesome except it looks like mite get repetitive. wat do u guys reckon?
epayps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#543 epayps2
[QUOTE="epayps2"][QUOTE="chang_1910"]

[QUOTE="epayps2"]Would anyone reccomend Kid Icarus? What kind of game is it, and what is it like?chang_1910

OMG.. NO.. :P

I have ninja gaiden (got it for my brother) and bc I`m not a fan of the series, i just try to play for old memories.. I had teh conclusion that just for old memories is not worth it :lol: Ninja gaiden is a game for hardcore fan of teh series.. :P

Now.. by this Am I saying tha kidicarus is easy?? NO.. is a pretty hard game. A guess you could wait for more replies.. I do not know if mine was helpful.. imo is easier that ninja gaiden, but the game is hard either way. :oops:

Hope you enjoy whatever you end up getting :)

Okay, thanks. I'll think about getting it, and I think I can get by, if it's not harder then NG(NES)(of which, I'm on Stage 6-3, which I don't think is that bad;))

EDIT: Now I'm on Stage 6-2, because I lost against a boss.... :?

footfoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#544 footfoe2
Member since 2007 • 3014 Posts
[QUOTE="footfoe2"]

PhazonBlazer

Super Mario Galaxy

other than Mario galaxy, im just not a mario fan or rather i hate mario and collecting stars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#545 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"][QUOTE="footfoe2"]

footfoe2

Super Mario Galaxy

other than Mario galaxy, im just not a mario fan or rather i hate mario and collecting stars

co-op.... Hmmmmm...

lego start wars.. is fun, easy but fun.. :P

RE Umbrella chronicles.. thus is not that long.. unless you want to unlock all stuff and get S rank.. then is LONG. And noneless it may be consider short by some (around 10hours) imo is a must :P EDIT: just remember, some missions are not co-op just one player.

elebits (no sure if co-op thus, i think is vs multiplayer)

Metal Slug antology (if you like old-school side scrollers stile)

and for the VC I highly recommend Contra 3

Those are the one that jumped to mind atm :)

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#546 JordanElek

[QUOTE="footfoe2"]i need a game with co-op cause my friends keep geting pissed off when i beat them every timechang_1910
RE Umbrella chronicles..

I second Umbrella Chronicles for two-player co-op. It's a well-designed shooter that has great replayability. Chances are, you'll only do okay on your first run-through of a mission, and some of the levels require a certain grade to unlock other levels, so you'll want to go back and play them again after you're more familiar with them. There are several single-player only levels, but those are still fun with two-players since you can take turns on them. And it's also fairly difficult on medium, though it also has easy and hard difficulty settings.

I think I've logged about 12 hours into the game, and while I beat the main campaign at about 10 hours, I still have quite a bit I want to do in the game. It's a fun pick-up-and-play game, whether it be by yourself or with others, for fifteen minutes or a couple hours.

nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#547 nelfer320
Member since 2004 • 2867 Posts
I need help please. I would like to know if any of the following VC games are worth it? They are the whole Ninja Gaiden trilogy(Ninja Gaiden 1,2,and3 from the NES), Super Metroid, Street Figther Turbo 2: Hyper Fighting, and Star Fox 64. I already have Mario Kart 64, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Sin and Punishment, and Gunstar Heroes.
epayps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#548 epayps2
I need help please. I would like to know if any of the following VC games are worth it? They are the whole Ninja Gaiden trilogy(Ninja Gaiden 1,2,and3 from the NES)nelfer320
I've only played the first NG(still trying to beat it!), and I think it's a very good game..... but it's VERY frustrating, IMO. I guess it depends how good, and patient you are.
nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#549 nelfer320
Member since 2004 • 2867 Posts
[QUOTE="nelfer320"]I need help please. I would like to know if any of the following VC games are worth it? They are the whole Ninja Gaiden trilogy(Ninja Gaiden 1,2,and3 from the NES)epayps2
I've only played the first NG(still trying to beat it!), and I think it's a very good game..... but it's VERY frustrating, IMO. I guess it depends how good, and patient you are.

Is it ok to skip the first two games and start playing #3? IDK if I should download all 3 games.
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#550 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

What would you do?

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles

or

$50 on VC games