DS lite vs DSi vs DSi XL- Comparison thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

I've been playing a few games on both my DSi and Lite last night and there is a significant difference. The DSi's bigger screen does stand out and the games seem faster, cleaner, crisper, and more smoother.

Sure, it's not DS2 but it's a good evolution of it.

ACL0V3R

im not too sure about the smoother part but i can definately notice the bigger screens. WOOT! 200th post in this topic that is :P

Maybe the bigger screens make it seem like it's smoother. Case point: when I was playing Metroid Prime Pinball on the DSi, it felt incredibly crisp and cleaner than on my Lite. I think games just feel better on the DSi, overall. It maybe because of the bigger screen but I think the faster processor and more ram does add to it.
ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

maybe, but i think the DS games run in DS mode and i dunno if DS mode has a fixed ram for all DS games or what, ill have to try MP pinball and see what it feels like, i could however be completely wrong about the ram...

tura910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 tura910
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Does anyone know a cheap place to get one? Like a used or refurbed one maybe? Or is it way too early for that?
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

i always find it odd when gamers choose to kept the capability to play old games, for consoles that have nothing good coming out on them anymore, even though it had great games, why choose to keep the dead console and not the new one? i mean new games at least are new and have the potential to be great

BTW, DSi ware has just as many A, AA games this year as the Sony Playstation Portable. So people, stop acting like DSiware has nothing.Its 100 days old, so what if nothing appeals to you yet? the fact that critics are loving it says it will continue to get good games

clarinetguy097

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 clarinetguy097
Member since 2009 • 83 Posts

I think the DSi is a scam.

clarinetguy097

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 clarinetguy097
Member since 2009 • 83 Posts

I think the DSi is a scam.

clarinetguy097

But that's just my opinion

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

i always find it odd when gamers choose to kept the capability to play old games, for consoles that have nothing good coming out on them anymore, even though it had great games, why choose to keep the dead console and not the new one? i mean new games at least are new and have the potential to be great

BTW, DSi ware has just as many A, AA games this year as the Sony Playstation Portable. So people, stop acting like DSiware has nothing.Its 100 days old, so what if nothing appeals to you yet? the fact that critics are loving it says it will continue to get good games

darth-pyschosis

The problem is it should have had all those good games at the release-day not a year after release.

The big scare with the DSiWare store is that it has so far been exactly like the Wiiware which has admittedly a couple of great games but the far majority plain sucks. The Dsiware store is THE reason to buy a DSi if you already have a DSL. So far the DSiware has been a disapointment. It would have been like buying a Wii for Wiiware and nothing else.

You can mention excuses like "It's only 100 days old" if you want but that won't chance the fact that right now so far it's been a disapointment. This might chance in the future but it might also stay the same. We don't know how the DSiWare will look like in a year. It could be filled with great games or it could be even more barren than it is now. Saying stuff like "this will chance" or "give it time" is just as pointless like all PSP and PS3 owners that claims they will rise up and kill all competition you just wait.

sintz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 sintz
Member since 2004 • 55 Posts

o.O why does the DSL have longer batery life?

Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#209 Redonkulous_D
Member since 2008 • 1018 Posts

o.O why does the DSL have longer batery life?

sintz
Lower specs...
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

stop acting like DSiware has nothing.Its 100 days old, so what if nothing appeals to you yet? the fact that critics are loving it says it will continue to get good games

JLF1

The problem is it should have had all those good games at the release-day not a year after release.

The big scare with the DSiWare store is that it has so far been exactly like the Wiiware which has admittedly a couple of great games but the far majority plain sucks. The Dsiware store is THE reason to buy a DSi if you already have a DSL. So far the DSiware has been a disapointment. It would have been like buying a Wii for Wiiware and nothing else.

You can mention excuses like "It's only 100 days old" if you want but that won't chance the fact that right now so far it's been a disapointment. This might chance in the future but it might also stay the same. We don't know how the DSiWare will look like in a year. It could be filled with great games or it could be even more barren than it is now. Saying stuff like "this will chance" or "give it time" is just as pointless like all PSP and PS3 owners that claims they will rise up and kill all competition you just wait.

so you expect the Wii, PS3, 360 to launch with 10-12 AA games? or any console? come on its a known fact launch games are always the weakest

fact is: DSiware has about 1/4 of the A, AA, AAA games on the DS platform on Metacritic this year, 10-12 solid A/AA games like Boxlife, Pictobits, Mighty Flip, an now FlipNote

and these good games aren't coming " not a year after release" its been 129 days, 4 months and 9 days. 17 weeks and 10-12 A/AA titles for something that only releases games once per week?

Not everything can launch with Twilight Princess, esspecially when its on a young platform (albeit a platform already shooting up past 6.6 million units sold)

We can guess how DSiware will look by saying ok, 10 good games in 4 months and esspecially with the Art****series always putting out games, and the upcoming TBS DSiware exclusive Dragon Quest Wars, Strategy game Mecho Wars, and augmented reality ghost hunting game Ghostwire we can say that DSiware looking good, i'm looking forward to 4 player online battles in Dragon Quest Wars this year, hopefully Phantasy Star Mini is ok too (never gotten into PS games though this seems like a demo) and we still have a wave of new Planet Puzzle League games for DSiware to come

additionally, if Nintendo secretly develops a Mario vs DK 3 for DSiware, announces it one week and releases it the next what else will they release via DSiware with little info or previous hype? Star Fox Command 2? Yoshi's Island DS 2? i'm not saying those but they took a key IP and made a new DSiware version out of the blue and a good one at that

i can't see why DSiware has far been a disapointment when its given you more quality games this year in 129 days then the PSP in its whole 2009. i hope you're not a PSP fan coz it has about the same amoutn of good games in 2009 as DSiware. I wouldn't call the PSP's year a huge disapointment, it could be better but i wouldn't say its "disapointing"

off topic: are you enjoying Flipnote studio? got any crazy creations?

BobbyBobby85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#211 BobbyBobby85
Member since 2003 • 10336 Posts

I had a DSi for about a month, and I didn't like it at all. There were just so many problems that ticked me off about it that I ended up selling it on ebay to buy a DS lite again. Among the many issues I had with the system were:

Price is not worth it considering all you're really getting is two cheap cameras and a little flash memory

Awful battery life compared to DS lite (seemed about half as long on my favorite setting)

Actually bigger in some respects than the DS lite Lack of GBA compatibility (big mistake to remove it just to shave off a few millimeters in thickness)

Lame cameras with so far no useful purpose (and playing games with them seemed like even more of a headache: See Warioware snapped)

Awful selection of DSiware and Nintendo has no intention of releasing old GB GBC, and GBA games for virtual handheld

Moving the power button to such a bad spot caused be to accidentally power off the system on more than one occasion

Music playback is a joke and is restricted to ONE frustrating format Plans to release DSi exclusive games will neglect the larger demographics of gamers who already have DS lites

Screen size makes welcome menu look extra pixelated and stretched (not unlike how GBC games looked on GBA)

Web browser is slow and eats battery like crazy (and doesn't support flash so no youtube)

Buttons feel different and weird compared to previous systems

And the list goes on and on

All in all, DSi was the first handheld system from Nintendo to REALLY disappoint me. DS lite is beter in almost every respect, and no self respecting Nintendo fan should waste their hard earned money on an inferior system that actually costs more and underperforms compared to the near perfect DS lite.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#212 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

I had a DSi for about a month, and I didn't like it at all. There were just so many problems that ticked me off about it that I ended up selling it on ebay to buy a DS lite again. Among the many issues I had with the system were:

Price is not worth it considering all you're really getting is two cheap cameras and a little flash memory - You also get music playback and DSiWare but I agree to price is a tad high.

Awful battery life compared to DS lite (seemed about half as long on my favorite setting) - Awful battery life compared to the Lite but the charging time is a lot shorter so that makes up for it.

Actually bigger in some respects than the DS lite - It's a bit longer but it's still slimmer and lighter.

Lack of GBA compatibility (big mistake to remove it just to shave off a few millimeters in thickness) - I said this before and I'll say it again. It's the era of the Nintendo DS! GBA's time is over. You could just get a GBA SP if you REALLY wanted to play GB/GBC/GBA games again. Oh and lack of Guitar Hero is no loss.

Lame cameras with so far no useful purpose (and playing games with them seemed like even more of a headache: See Warioware snapped) - Cameras are lame but they can be quite handy sometimes. Also they don't look too bad because of the screen size of the DS.

Awful selection of DSiware and Nintendo has no intention of releasing old GB GBC, and GBA games for virtual handheld - I admit it is pretty crap right now but give it time.

Moving the power button to such a bad spot caused be to accidentally power off the system on more than one occasion - The power button is in a much better location. How could you accidentally hit it? :?

Music playback is a joke and is restricted to ONE frustrating format Plans to release DSi exclusive games will neglect the larger demographics of gamers who already have DS lites - AAC is better than MP3 so how can it be a joke? It may be a hassle to convert songs to AAC but once you do, you'll be enjoying the DSi's music playability.

Screen size makes welcome menu look extra pixelated and stretched (not unlike how GBC games looked on GBA) - How was it pixelated? :?

Web browser is slow and eats battery like crazy (and doesn't support flash so no youtube) - I admit, the browser sucked but meh it was free.

Buttons feel different and weird compared to previous systems - Hmm they are different but I don't find them weird. If anything, I find them a lot better than the Lites.

And the list goes on and on

All in all, DSi was the first handheld system from Nintendo to REALLY disappoint me. DS lite is beter in almost every respect, and no self respecting Nintendo fan should waste their hard earned money on an inferior system that actually costs more and underperforms compared to the near perfect DS lite.

BobbyBobby85

I respect your post and preference of the Lite over the DSi but please, the DSi isn't inferior and there are tons of Nintendo fans enjoying it.

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#213 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

stop acting like DSiware has nothing.Its 100 days old, so what if nothing appeals to you yet? the fact that critics are loving it says it will continue to get good games

darth-pyschosis

so you expect the Wii, PS3, 360 to launch with 10-12 AA games? or any console? come on its a known fact launch games are always the weakest

fact is: DSiware has about 1/4 of the A, AA, AAA games on the DS platform on Metacritic this year, 10-12 solid A/AA games like Boxlife, Pictobits, Mighty Flip, an now FlipNote

and these good games aren't coming " not a year after release" its been 129 days, 4 months and 9 days. 17 weeks and 10-12 A/AA titles for something that only releases games once per week?

Not everything can launch with Twilight Princess, esspecially when its on a young platform (albeit a platform already shooting up past 6.6 million units sold)

We can guess how DSiware will look by saying ok, 10 good games in 4 months and esspecially with the Art****series always putting out games, and the upcoming TBS DSiware exclusive Dragon Quest Wars, Strategy game Mecho Wars, and augmented reality ghost hunting game Ghostwire we can say that DSiware looking good, i'm looking forward to 4 player online battles in Dragon Quest Wars this year, hopefully Phantasy Star Mini is ok too (never gotten into PS games though this seems like a demo) and we still have a wave of new Planet Puzzle League games for DSiware to come

additionally, if Nintendo secretly develops a Mario vs DK 3 for DSiware, announces it one week and releases it the next what else will they release via DSiware with little info or previous hype? Star Fox Command 2? Yoshi's Island DS 2? i'm not saying those but they took a key IP and made a new DSiware version out of the blue and a good one at that

i can't see why DSiware has far been a disapointment when its given you more quality games this year in 129 days then the PSP in its whole 2009. i hope you're not a PSP fan coz it has about the same amoutn of good games in 2009 as DSiware. I wouldn't call the PSP's year a huge disapointment, it could be better but i wouldn't say its "disapointing"

off topic: are you enjoying Flipnote studio? got any crazy creations?

There's no denying the DSiWare so far has been a huge dissapointment. Many people have observed the much larger veriety of apps available in Japan, and they admit hat the selecion looks rather lousy overall.

I don't understand the logic of comparing PSP games to DSiware applications. That doesn't make any sense, and it's pointless. How on earth could more great DSiware games than quality PSP games have been released so far this year? There's barely any DSi titles available, and most of them are stupid pointless apps (like a clock and a calculator), and a few unimpressive games that are basically just watered- down versions of wiiware games. In the case of DSIware, it seems more likely that Nintendo is trying to compete against Apple instead of Sony and the PSP. But how could anyone be be satisfied with the current state of DSIware? If I want real apps., I'll use and iphone or and ipod touch.

freakbabyblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#214 freakbabyblues
Member since 2009 • 693 Posts

Huge disappointment? I don't find Flipnote Studio, Asphalt 4, Pictobits, Boxlife, Zengage, Aquia, Precipice,Mario vs. Donkey Kong 3, Mighty Flip Champs, or the other good DSiWare titles to be disappointing. And as said before, a lot of the upcoming titles look pretty promising too. There's junk in the DSiWare library just as there's junk in the DS's library, but that doesn't make the DS's library any worse, does it?

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Comduter

Huge disappointment? I don't find Flipnote Studio, Asphalt 4, Pictobits, Boxlife, Zengage, Aquia, Precipice,Mario vs. Donkey Kong 3, Mighty Flip Champs, or the other good DSiWare titles to be disappointing. And as said before, a lot of the upcoming titles look pretty promising too. There's junk in the DSiWare library just as there's junk in the DS's library, but that doesn't make the DS's library any worse, does it?

freakbabyblues

I certaintly think it makes the DSIware selection worse. Mario Vs. Donkykong 3 is a DSiware game? The rest of those games are supposed to be a okay, but nothing special. Many people don't seem to care for them that much. They seem disappointed. That's all I'm making reference to.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="freakbabyblues"]

Comduter

I certaintly think it makes the DSIware selection worse. Mario Vs. Donkykong 3 is a DSiware game? The rest of those games are supposed to be a okay, but nothing special. Many people don't seem to care for them that much. They seem disappointed. That's all I'm making reference to.

you act like people's opinions can't be accurate in anyway, if critics agree those games are good and people on this forum say they are, well i'm not saying its a guarantee BUT that prolly means they're worth your attention.

i compared PSP games to DSi ware games because critically almost as many good DSiware games have been released as PSP games this year

almost as many A/AA DSiware games as there are A/AA PSP games. in 4 months less time.

for example lets compare the metacritic average review scores by critics: ArtStyle Boxlife(80), ArtStyle Pictobits (83), Asphalt 4 (78), Brain Age: Arts & Letters (74), Dr.Mario Express (76), Flipnote Studio (93), Brain Age Sudoku (80), Little Bit of Planet Puzzle League (70), Mario vs DK: Mini's March Again (83), Mighty Flip Champs (85), Real Soccer 2009 (75)

So far 1 AAA, 5 AA, 5 A for DSiware from April 5th 2009 to now

PSP has 7 A, 2 AA. Really via critics and aggregate scores of games from Metacritic PSP has 9 games 70 or above in 2009, DSiware has 11

no joke. sure Planet Puzzle League may not be as deep as FF Dissdia, and Holy Badman may not be as original or addicitve as Boxlife they are different selections but DSiware has gotten alot of good titles critics and gamers who own DSi's and actually buy games with their own money agree it has some good stuff, i mean its barely 4 months old and 11 A/AA games isn't enuff? and the AAA game on DSiware is free and thats not good enuff?

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Comduter

[QUOTE="Comduter"]

[QUOTE="freakbabyblues"]

darth-pyschosis

you act like people's opinions can't be accurate in anyway, if critics agree those games are good and people on this forum say they are, well i'm not saying its a guarantee BUT that prolly means they're worth your attention.

i compared PSP games to DSi ware games because critically almost as many good DSiware games have been released as PSP games this year

almost as many A/AA DSiware games as there are A/AA PSP games. in 4 months less time.

for example lets compare the metacritic average review scores by critics: ArtStyle Boxlife(80), ArtStyle Pictobits (83), Asphalt 4 (78), Brain Age: Arts & Letters (74), Dr.Mario Express (76), Flipnote Studio (93), Brain Age Sudoku (80), Little Bit of Planet Puzzle League (70), Mario vs DK: Mini's March Again (83), Mighty Flip Champs (85), Real Soccer 2009 (75)

PSP has 7 A, 2 AA. Really via critics and aggregate scores of games from Metacritic PSP has 9 games 70 or above in 2009, DSiware has 11

no joke. sure Planet Puzzle League may not be as deep as FF Dissdia, and Holy Badman may not be as original or addicitve as Boxlife they are different selections but DSiware has gotten alot of good titles critics and gamers who own DSi's and actually buy games with their own money agree it has some good stuff, i mean its barely 4 months old and 11 A/AA games isn't enuff? and the AAA game on DSiware is free and thats not good enuff?

It doesn't make sense to compare a small downloadable game or app to a PSP game, and once again, way too few DSIware games have been released so far to be compared with any other system (especially when so few of those games have even been extensively reviewed). Nintendo is trying to compete with Apple in this department, not Sony. I already said twice that most people and critics alike seem to be dissapointed with what dsiware has to offer so far if you read around. Who cares about review scores at GS. This isn't system wars. It doesn't matter what games ae AA or AAAAA or whatever.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="Comduter"]I certaintly think it makes the DSIware selection worse. Mario Vs. Donkykong 3 is a DSiware game? The rest of those games are supposed to be a okay, but nothing special. Many people don't seem to care for them that much. They seem disappointed. That's all I'm making reference to.

Comduter

It doesn't make sense to compare a small downloadable game or app to a PSP game, and once again, way too few DSIware games have been released so far to be compared with any other system (especially when so few of those games have even been extensively reviewed). Nintendo is trying to compete with Apple in this department, not Sony. I already said twice that most people and critics alike seem to be dissapointed with what dsiware has to offer so far if you read around. Who cares about review scores at GS. This isn't system wars. It doesn't matter what games ae AA or AAAAA or whatever.

so you say "critics are disapointed" but i give you proof of 11 games on DSiware that don't disapoint critics and,.... that means they aren't disapointed in those 11 titles, 11 titles in 4 months.

this isn't system wars, yes but you're saying an entire new platform is bad, so i must use real world examples like the PSP's horrible year with sofware to show people DSiware is worth a second look. Did you say you owned a DSi?

and now i'm saying twice that these critics i sited, and other gamers on gamespot like RiaRiases, Awsker (or whatever his name) and others have found some ogod games on the service, so for the 2nd time i'm giving you proof of critic and gamer's approval

i've never said people have gotten everything they wanted from DSiware, i never said it was perfect, i said there are 11 good games for it, you should try them yourself.

and yes those titles are small (20MB-40MB) but those are the same size as most DS retail titles, a lot of which come under 64MB (of course some come a lot higher) and they are just as worth comparing to the same high scoring PSP games, as a lot of the DSi's titles are sequels to good DS games (Mario v DK) fully featured titles (Asphalt, Mighty Flip) and highly original and addictive games (the entire ArtStyle series practically)

but i suppose you'd have to have played both the DSi ware titles and the titles they are being compared to to have any reasonable chance to understand on how they could be comparable in ways

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Comduter

[QUOTE="Comduter"]

darth-pyschosis

so you say "critics are disapointed" but i give you proof of 11 games on DSiware that don't disapoint critics and,.... that means they aren't disapointed in those 11 titles, 11 titles in 4 months.

this isn't system wars, yes but you're saying an entire new platform is bad, so i must use real world examples like the PSP's horrible year with sofware to show people DSiware is worth a second look. Did you say you owned a DSi?

and now i'm saying twice that these critics i sited, and other gamers on gamespot like RiaRiases, Awsker (or whatever his name) and others have found some ogod games on the service, so for the 2nd time i'm giving you proof of critic and gamer's approval

i've never said people have gotten everything they wanted from DSiware, i never said it was perfect, i said there are 11 good games for it, you should try them yourself.

and yes those titles are small (20MB-40MB) but those are the same size as most DS retail titles, a lot of which come under 64MB (of course some come a lot higher) and they are just as worth comparing to the same high scoring PSP games, as a lot of the DSi's titles are sequels to good DS games (Mario v DK) fully featured titles (Asphalt, Mighty Flip) and highly original and addictive games (the entire ArtStyle series practically)

but i suppose you'd have to have played both the DSi ware titles and the titles they are being compared to to have any reasonable chance to understand on how they could be comparable in ways

I own a DSI and a PSP. The PSP has not had a horrible year by any means. According to people at GS, the PSP has had a terrible existence overall. I would love to have een abel to make money every time someone made hat claim. Do some more research.

Anyway, critics in general, really truely are dissapointed with the current state of DSiware, and I never once said that I disliked the DS. I just dislike DSIware games. I never implied that it meant that the DSi is an overall bad gimmicky system. It's just a gimmicky system with lots of great games (minus the DSiware games), which are just watered-down versions of wiiware games.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="Comduter"]It doesn't make sense to compare a small downloadable game or app to a PSP game, and once again, way too few DSIware games have been released so far to be compared with any other system (especially when so few of those games have even been extensively reviewed). Nintendo is trying to compete with Apple in this department, not Sony. I already said twice that most people and critics alike seem to be dissapointed with what dsiware has to offer so far if you read around. Who cares about review scores at GS. This isn't system wars. It doesn't matter what games ae AA or AAAAA or whatever.

Comduter

I own a DSI and a PSP. The PSP has not had a horrible year by any means. According to people at GS, the PSP has had a terrible existence overall. I would love to have een abel to make money every time someone made hat claim. Do some more research.

Anyway, critics in general, really truely are dissapointed with the current state of DSiware, and I never once said that I disliked the DS. I just dislike DSIware games. I never implied that it meant that the DSi is an overall bad gimmicky system. It's just a gimmicky system with lots of great games (minus the DSiware games), which are just watered-down versions of wiiware games.

wiiware games? name me one game on WiiWare and DSiware? Second, have you bought any of the 11 games critics say are good? Thirdly, i'm not saying PSP is horrible overall either but when you only have 9 good games in 8 months (via critics opinions) and DSi ware has more (not to mention the DS has 40 more this year)

I'm not saying its had a terrible existence overall, but it is 50 quality titles behind DS at all times critically so there are strong reasons for critisism

if you own a DSi i sincerely suggest you downlad Flipnote, its free, and buy mario VS Dk, Mighty Flip Champs, or any of the great ArtStyle games.

you will not be disapointed, unless of course you already have and didn't like them

I hope if you like Dsiware games its because you at least bought the games, played them and didn't like them, not just downloaded WarioWare or one game with your 1000 points and judging the entire serivce off of one or two bad games

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Comduter

[QUOTE="Comduter"]

darth-pyschosis

wiiware games? name me one game on WiiWare and DSiware? Second, have you bought any of the 11 games critics say are good? Thirdly, i'm not saying PSP is horrible overall either but when you only have 9 good games in 8 months (via critics opinions) and DSi ware has more (not to mention the DS has 40 more this year)

I'm not saying its had a terrible existence overall, but it is 50 quality titles behind DS at all times critically so there are strong reasons for critisism

if you own a DSi i sincerely suggest you downlad Flipnote, its free, and buy mario VS Dk, Mighty Flip Champs, or any of the great ArtStyle games.

you will not be disapointed, unless of course you already have and didn't like them

I hope if you like Dsiware games its because you at least bought the games, played them and didn't like them, not just downloaded WarioWare or one game with your 1000 points and judging the entire serivce off of one or two bad games

Dr. Mario Express is both a dsiware and wiiware title, and it's known for being much better on he wii. I can agree on that one. I'm glad that you like these games, but the fact of the matter is that these games and apps have overall received poor to average reviews. Most people are dissapointed with them. They view them as being poor iPhone app and game wannabe's.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="Comduter"]I own a DSI and a PSP. The PSP has not had a horrible year by any means. According to people at GS, the PSP has had a terrible existence overall. I would love to have een abel to make money every time someone made hat claim. Do some more research.

Comduter

Dr. Mario Express is both a dsiware and wiiware title, and it's known for being much better on he wii. I can agree on that one. I'm glad that you like these games, but the fact of the matter is that these games and apps have overall received poor to average reviews. Most people are dissapointed with them. They view them as being poor iPhone app and game wannabe's.

you should find me a link proving Dr Mario Express is a port of the WiiWare version, just because its made for the two consoles doesn't mean theyre the same, i suppose Socom for PSP and PS3 are the same?

yes a lot of games have gotten bad reviews for every console. on metacritic there are only 19 DSi ware games with reviews, and 5 of those are clocks/calculators, of those 19, 11 of those games are rated between 70 and 89 in reviews

So, uh 11 out of 19 is bad? Yes there are more than 19 games on the service, some with no reviews, what 30 maybe? I'm not sure i'll count. so i'd say about 1 out of every 3 DSiware titles are good

Edit: after more fact checking, it seems of the 19 DSi ware games on Metacritic the overall average review scores for all reviewed DSi ware titles is 68%, so critics overall score the service as a D+ so you're right in some ways it has some 90's AAA titles and some 30's bad titles

BUT if you're a person who can read that these Calculators/Photo Clocks aren't games, and are only apps and if you judged DSi ware as a GAMES SERVICE you then should take out the 5 clock/calculators and judge it solely on the actual games right? Well if you don't count the 5 non-games on the service its average score is 73%, and that means 11 out of 16 real games on DSi ware are A/AA/AAA. yes that means of the reviewed games on DSiware, only 5 of them are rated below 69.

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Comduter

[QUOTE="Comduter"]

darth-pyschosis

you should find me a link proving Dr Mario Express is a port of the WiiWare version, just because its made for the two consoles doesn't mean theyre the same, i suppose Socom for PSP and PS3 are the same?

yes a lot of games have gotten bad reviews for every console. on metacritic there are only 19 DSi ware games with reviews, and 5 of those are clocks/calculators, of those 19, 11 of those games are rated between 70 and 89 in reviews

So, uh 11 out of 19 is bad? Yes there are more than 19 games on the service, some with no reviews, what 30 maybe? I'm not sure i'll count. so i'd say about 1 out of every 3 DSiware titles are good

Edit: after more fact checking, it seems of the 19 DSi ware games on Metacritic the overall average review scores for all reviewed DSi ware titles is 68%, so critics overall score the service as a D+ so you're right in some ways it has some 90's AAA titles and some 30's bad titles

BUT if you're a person who can read that these Calculators/Photo Clocks aren't games, and are only apps and if you judged DSi ware as a GAMES SERVICE you then should take out the 5 clock/calculators and judge it solely on the actual games right? Well if you don't count the 5 non-games on the service its average score is 73%, and that means 11 out of 16 real games on DSi ware are A/AA/AAA. yes that means of the reviewed games on DSiware, only 5 of them are rated below 69.

Wow!! I never refered to the clock or the calculator as games. I always called them applications, and I don't need to give you a link to prove that Dr. Mario is also a superior wiiware game. I never said Dr Mario express is a port. But just compare the two. They look and play like Express might as well be a port. Anyway, thanks for further proving some of my points and whatnot. Good day to you sir. Ugh

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts

Didn't want to start a new thread and did not read all twelve pages but my mum and me need a new DS and since the Lite is around 50$ cheaper I just wanted to know if the DSi is worth those 50$ more or should I stay with the Lite?

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#226 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

Didn't want to start a new thread and did not read all twelve pages but my mum and me need a new DS and since the Lite is around 50$ cheaper I just wanted to know if the DSi is worth those 50$ more or should I stay with the Lite?

uRan_Ehr
I think the DSi is worth it if you can afford it but if you're right on cash or you just want to save then get the Lite. Really can't go wrong with either.
uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts
[QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"]

Kenny789
I think the DSi is worth it if you can afford it but if you're right on cash or you just want to save then get the Lite. Really can't go wrong with either.

Money isn't really a problem but the saved money would be 4 new DS games :P But I guess the DSi is worth it.
omarspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 omarspider
Member since 2009 • 187 Posts
i have a dsi thanks for info
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#229 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

[QUOTE="Kenny789"][QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"]

uRan_Ehr

Money isn't really a problem but the saved money would be 4 new DS games :P But I guess the DSi is worth it.

It's worth it. Trust me.

If you get it and don't think so now, you will once the first DSi-exclusive game comes out.

Then you'll be able to point and laugh at the people who choose a DS Lite over the DSi even after it was release. (JK. Sorta.)

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

[QUOTE="Comduter"]I own a DSI and a PSP. The PSP has not had a horrible year by any means. According to people at GS, the PSP has had a terrible existence overall. I would love to have een abel to make money every time someone made hat claim. Do some more research.

Comduter

I'm sorry, you an others feel that way about dsi ware, hopefully it will start to pick up like wii ware. So far both wii ware and dsi ware had a average start imo and I just hope NINTENDO gets working on a 2d metriod game for either one.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="Comduter"]Dr. Mario Express is both a dsiware and wiiware title, and it's known for being much better on he wii. I can agree on that one. I'm glad that you like these games, but the fact of the matter is that these games and apps have overall received poor to average reviews. Most people are dissapointed with them. They view them as being poor iPhone app and game wannabe's.

Comduter

Wow!! I never refered to the clock or the calculator as games. I always called them applications, and I don't need to give you a link to prove that Dr. Mario is also a superior wiiware game. I never said Dr Mario express is a port. But just compare the two. They look and play like Express might as well be a port. Anyway, thanks for further proving some of my points and whatnot. Good day to you sir. Ugh

If you think the fact that the total review average of DSi ware games is 68% is bad you're sorely mistaken, the Xbox 360's is 67%, Wii 66% (or less)

flinnha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#232 flinnha
Member since 2006 • 1890 Posts
The Dsiware store is THE reason to buy a DSi if you already have a DSL. JLF1
I gotta disagree, I've only downloaded 2 DSiWare and I still like the DSi far better than the DSL.
zamzamv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 zamzamv
Member since 2009 • 642 Posts

"If you think the fact that the total review average of DSi ware games is 68% is bad you're sorely mistaken, the Xbox 360's is 67%, Wii 66%"

Why is it that all virtual games such as DSIWare and WIIware suck? their is so much potential for them and yet it seems as though it was just rushed t get out. even if they are reasonably priced i would rather save my money and get a real game

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 darth-pyschosis

"If you think the fact that the total review average of DSi ware games is 68% is bad you're sorely mistaken, the Xbox 360's is 67%, Wii 66%"

Why is it that all virtual games such as DSIWare and WIIware suck? their is so much potential for them and yet it seems as though it was just rushed t get out. even if they are reasonably priced i would rather save my money and get a real game

zamzamv

I don't know why you think they suck, some of the best DS and Wii games i've played this gen were from DSiware or WiiWare, just as some of the best 360/PS3 games i've played were from PSN/XBLA

but i suppose you've bought a lot of DSiware games, WiiWare games and haven't liked any of them? i'm very sorry for you then. I suppose you think they all suck but that doesn't mean they all suck universally esspecially when the critics say they are better than you say they are. But there are always differences in opinion, in my mind (and a lot of ppl) the ArtSytle series's originality and creativity is rivaled by very few in the gaming industry

zamzamv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 zamzamv

so you think the sacrifice of GBA games is worth DSIware?

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 darth-pyschosis

so you think the sacrifice of GBA games is worth DSIware?

zamzamv

Why would i want to play games i've already beaten again and again? I mean yea some of them have some replay value but you can't even play multiplayer GBA games on DS, so why need it? I'm done with that last last gen system. gba was great while it lasted but reality is it only lasted from 2001 to 2004 and i'm flooded with quality DS games, i bought a DS to play DS games. I didn't buy a WIi to play GCN titles, or a BC PS3 to plays PS2/PS1 games.

the potential of new games is always worth more to me than BC in old games. There are many good games already on DSiware, and many more coming like GhostWire, Dragon Quest Wars, Mecho Wars.

And the DSi exclusives should be good too, depending on what nintendo puts out at retail.

You're not suppose to buy a new generation console to play old generation games on it only, esspecially when the only good GBA games that play on DS (by which i mean only there SP plays on DS) lack any sort of replay value as they offer no local or online multiplayer. I've played and beaten the Super Mario Advances, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Metroid Fusion, and while it'd be cool to see GB/GBC downloads on DSi shop i really don't need GBA games anymore

zamzamv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 zamzamv

sheesh, no need to get angry, just askin'

flinnha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 flinnha

sheesh, no need to get angry, just askin'

zamzamv
It's not anger, it's frustration that people keep bringing up the same broken complaint. I've said it myself before as well, you don't buy a new console for an older console's games so it shouldn't be an argument against DSi. Play GBA games on a GBA *shrug*
zamzamv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 zamzamv

it's not an arguement against a dsi, it's just a small little pro

ABRABOY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 ABRABOY
Member since 2008 • 90 Posts

zamzamv

well if you ask me, i say get both because the dsi has better upgrades and all the add on's and new tech.but somepeople like to go back to old school and play gameboy advance games. one thing i recommend is to not get a regular ds phat.it sucks.

1ABRABOY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 1ABRABOY
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="zamzamv"]

ABRABOY

well if you ask me, i say get both because the dsi has better upgrades and all the add on's and new tech.but somepeople like to go back to old school and play gameboy advance games. one thing i recommend is to not get a regular ds phat.it sucks.

well what do you know i didn't even notice but that was my account right there!!!argh it brings back old memories.we look alike don't we?you know picture,writing style,USERNAME!!!!!!................sigh......................
lord_thorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 lord_thorno
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
i Would say that the DSI is better then the DS lite cause its easier to play games with the DSI even though GBA games cant be played from it who needs GBA games anyway its out-Dated
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

[QUOTE="1ABRABOY"][QUOTE="ABRABOY"]well if you ask me, i say get both because the dsi has better upgrades and all the add on's and new tech.but somepeople like to go back to old school and play gameboy advance games. one thing i recommend is to not get a regular ds phat.it sucks.

3ABRABOY

well what do you know i didn't even notice but that was my account right there!!!argh it brings back old memories.we look alike don't we?you know picture,writing style,USERNAME!!!!!!................sigh......................

well look at me again!

You got banned twice already and you are still making new accounts?,thats just stupid cause if you already got banned twice before,don't you think that they will keep on banning you once you keep on making a new account?.

DSgurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#247 DSgurl
Member since 2005 • 909 Posts

I went from Original DS to DSi to I never owned the DSL myself but my little cousins do. I say it feels much slick (IMO) and a BIT smaller but not much. However, the DSi has larger screens and some new features that I found to be a compelling upgrade. Either way, a DS is a DS! Great games no matter what.

mangocrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 mangocrazy
Member since 2009 • 87 Posts
I like the DSi better than the DS Lite. I like the fact the DSi is a little slimmer than the Lite. The screen is a little bigger, but I cannot tell the difference. I really like the fact that there is a camera on the DSi (make that two cameras). The music player is pretty cool too. Being able to use an SD card to put music and stuff is pretty cool. The menu screen on the DSi is awesome. Oh there is one thing i noticed on the DSi, that's different from the Lite. When you go into pictochat on the DSi and exit from it, it gives you an option to go back to the main menu. On the Lite, when you exit the pictochat, you have to restart the system. The fact that they took out the GBA slot, doesn't bother me much. I didn't use it anyway. The sound on the DSi is awesome, WAY better than the Lite. I don't know about the Internet browser, I'm a bit disappointed with it. I mean my phone has a better internet browser. I have noticed that the battery life on the DSi doesn't last as long as on the Lite. But maybe that's just me. I do like the sleeker design and the fact that the power button is on the top instead of the side. Being able to record you voice is cool. I really like the fact that you can edit your pictures while you are taking a picture. DSiWare is cool. I like the fact that you can download games and apps. Game play is pretty much the same. Other than that, I like the DSi way more than the DS Lite. I'm glad I decided to upgrade. DSi was so worth my money.
ssailoryue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 ssailoryue
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
i agree that who really plays GB games anyways... the only decent ones were the mario/wario ones, and there all linear and lame. now, i have a question: even tho its "late in the game" if i took my DSL (stillhas the serial barcode) to like Game-stop, will they still do a trade-up? (dont tell me to 'sell online' onyx is the least popular and lowest selling color)
flinnha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 flinnha
[QUOTE="ssailoryue"]i agree that who really plays GB games anyways... the only decent ones were the mario/wario ones, and there all linear and lame. now, i have a question: even tho its "late in the game" if i took my DSL (stillhas the serial barcode) to like Game-stop, will they still do a trade-up? (dont tell me to 'sell online' onyx is the least popular and lowest selling color)

I don't think they are doing trade ups anymore, but give them a call and ask what the trade in value is, only they will have the correct answer. I have a feeling even the "lowest selling color" will get you more $$ online than at Gamestop though. If you dislike Ebay maybe take a look at your local CraigsList instead.