DS lite vs DSi vs DSi XL- Comparison thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 Redonkulous_D
Member since 2008 • 1018 Posts

It seem like Nintendo wants to focus on things such as cameras and a web browser than gameplay.. and that is disappointing to me.xXvenom5150Xx

???

destroyerHHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 destroyerHHH
Member since 2004 • 772 Posts

[QUOTE="xXvenom5150Xx"]It seem like Nintendo wants to focus on things such as cameras and a web browser than gameplay.. and that is disappointing to me.Redonkulous_D

???

I love the internet because it lets me read stuff like this.
reveiwer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153 reveiwer
Member since 2008 • 650 Posts

So should I get a DSi or stick with my DSL and just buy a new game and the the reason I'm saying this is because I heard theres a new ds coming.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

I hope Nintendo found a solution to play Guitar Hero games for the DSi.

legend_h96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 legend_h96
Member since 2009 • 32 Posts
i think that the dsi wins hands down, but why shud they not keep making games 4 the ds lite? i think they shud make a range of games 4 both consoles
SragentThom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#156 SragentThom
Member since 2008 • 941 Posts

i think that the dsi wins hands down, but why shud they not keep making games 4 the ds lite? i think they shud make a range of games 4 both consoleslegend_h96

I think the dsi is trashy update.I bet the extra ram was used for the OS.Psp is much better in comparsion.

Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Redonkulous_D

I hope Nintendo found a solution to play Guitar Hero games for the DSi.

SSBFan12

A solution has been found. IDK what it is though. I just know that the next GH games(after the 3rd DS one) will be DSi exclusives)

[QUOTE="legend_h96"]i think that the dsi wins hands down, but why shud they not keep making games 4 the ds lite? i think they shud make a range of games 4 both consolesSragentThom

I think the dsi is trashy update.I bet the extra ram was used for the OS.Psp is much better in comparsion.

The RAM actually decreases loading times like when starting up the game, connecting to wifi, and saving. It also helps improve the system's wifi capabilities. The dramatically improved OS is only one of the things that the DSi's improved specs makes possible. And for that last statement, Scribblenauts says you're lying. :P

RKBUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 RKBUD
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Bottom line:As a DS lite owner, i feel the DSi is focus on what is to become:downloads-sooner or later the gaming world will be focus on downloads to where disks or cards no longer apply for the next gen handhelds such PSP GO and DSi. But as of right now, if your ds lite owner dont upgrade nothing really worth it yet......, as for new gamers looking to jump in then you cant go wrong with the dsi, as for the original ds owners-i suggest upgrading to ds lite or dsi-i think you know why.......... I own:Xbox 360 Wii PS2 PSP 3000 DS Lite but i wont be upgrading unless i find the dsi to be worthwhile-meaning it has a games(AAA games) that the ds lite cant have or perform
44r0n12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 44r0n12

Is it true that you can't play Gameboy games on the DSi?

Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Redonkulous_D

You can't play Gameboy Advanced games, but you can play DS games and DSi games.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

So should I get a DSi or stick with my DSL and just buy a new game and the the reason I'm saying this is because I heard theres a new ds coming.

reveiwer
There isn't a new DS coming any time soon. You should buy a DSi if you want the extra features it has.
rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#162 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

The DSI is a Must buy for Nintendonerds like Myself.

jann_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#163 jann_101
Member since 2006 • 65 Posts

Will there be DSi games that will use the camera feature of the DSi..?

by the way, how many Megapixels is the DSi camera..?

thanks.

Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Redonkulous_D

Will there be DSi games that will use the camera feature of the DSi..?

by the way, how many Megapixels is the DSi camera..?

thanks.

jann_101

Yes and .03(more than enough for what it's used for).

Brain Age, Wario Ware Snapped, Ghostwire(to be released), Asphalt 4: Elite Racing(to be released), Moving Memo(to be released), and Real Soccer '09 use the camera.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

@freakbabyblues- & @darth-pyschosis:

The first game I tried on the DSi that didn't work was Final Fantasy Tactics A2. I didn't think much of it since I've played pretty far into the game and figured it wasn't much of a loss if I didn't get to play it again. Then I ordered four more games from Amazon this week. Last night I received the first of those four games, it was Tetris DS. It didn't play in the DSi. Both FFTA2 & Tetris DS play fine in my old DS Lite. Every other game I own plays just fine in both the DSi & DS Lite.

My nephew bought a DSi today. I took my games to his house and we tested them out. The exact same thing happened to him. All other games played fine in his DSi except the two I had trouble with.

All you need to do is a Google search on "tetris ds dsi" (without the quotes) and you'll see a whole host of posts regarding people having the same issues. There is some speculation that the games that don't work on the DSi could possibly be bootleg copies. I haven't ruled that possibility out since I buy used games off of Amazon all the time. If they are bootleg copies, then they're pretty freaking good because they look identical to regular DS carts with all the serial numbers, stickers, logos, etc. I can't see that there's anything physical amiss about them.

@darth-pyschosis:

I have no desire to play the "return it for a replacement over and over again" game. Plus I have no desire to send my brand new DSi to Nintendo for a few weeks only to have them tell me they don't know what the problem is. I can't return the games because they're old and you can't simply return software for a replacement once it's past a certain point (plus I bought most of them used) and especially since they all work flawlessly on a DS Lite. Whether you think I'm telling the truth is irrelevant. I am not trying to dissuade people from buying a DSi, just trying to put the word out there. I actually encouraged my nephew to buy one, but warned him to keep his box and receipt in case he experienced anything like I did and wanted to get a refund.

People are even posting about this on the official Nintendo support forums. Nintendo's official stance on this as of now is to send the unit in so they can look at it. Again, I'm not sending in a brand new system. Shouldn't have to. I don't really need the DSi, just thought I'd upgrade, so going back to my DS Lite is no biggie.

Links to stuff elsewhere on the web regarding this:

http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_ds_lobby/b7594/178943501/p1/?4

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220942

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090405181953AA2UFqX

mardigan71

I have final fantasy tactics A2, and it works fine on my dsi. I don't know if you buy your games on amazon or ebay, but there are people making fake game cartriges that look like the real thing and selling it on ebay ect. They do this to make extra money or whatever.....

the main point is that these people programed to work on the ds lite and since nintendo made the dsi less suseptible to hacks and modded products so the game doesn't work on the dsi.

And thats why I buy my games from the local retailer and I hope this helped in some way.

edit: so you do buy from amazon.(I should have read the first couple of sentences, sorry about that)

123delta98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 123delta98
Yet the DSI is exciting and pushes me more to getting one, i'd rather stick with a DS Lite it is some what better. One day I will get a DSI but not at the moment. 1.They are to expensive for a piece of technology. 2.They don't have enough features to push me towards it. 3. It doesn't have great graphics other than a crappy camera. 4.There is no GBA slot which means no Guitar Hero, GBA flash carts or any exclusive games. 5.You can get a camera for the DS lite AT the GBA slot. I don't have anymore ways to abuse the DSI but I still am not moved to buy one.
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

Yet the DSI is exciting and pushes me more to getting one, i'd rather stick with a DS Lite it is some what better. One day I will get a DSI but not at the moment. 1.They are to expensive for a piece of technology. 2.They don't have enough features to push me towards it. 3. It doesn't have great graphics other than a crappy camera. 4.There is no GBA slot which means no Guitar Hero, GBA flash carts or any exclusive games. 5.You can get a camera for the DS lite AT the GBA slot. I don't have anymore ways to abuse the DSI but I still am not moved to buy one.123delta98

180 is not a ridiculous amount of money.

How does a system that has a free internet browser, online shop with some nice games for purchase, sound recording app, decent camera with several editing options, tons of space for new apps/dl'ed games, improved system memory, etc.. not have enough features?

The graphics of future DS games will actually be enhanced by the DSi.

Few GBA games are still worth playing, considering how great the DS lineup is.

The camera costs money, where as the DSi camera is free.

It isn't that much for the upgrade, and its well worth it imo.

And if you buy the camera for the DSlite, the browser, and the DSlite, the cost will most likely exceed what the DSi costs. And the DSi offers much more than just those 2 things.

I really think people should just make the jump, unless they are big GBA fans. Selling your DSlite would probably get you a good $70 or 80$, so you'd only end up paying around $100 for the DSi...

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 elpooz

About what Ghost said...

Never buy games from Ebay. Amazon is fine as long as you get them new. I wouldn't trust the used selections, but they might be ok. I have never personally ordered anything used from Amazon.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

[QUOTE="123delta98"]Yet the DSI is exciting and pushes me more to getting one, i'd rather stick with a DS Lite it is some what better. One day I will get a DSI but not at the moment. 1.They are to expensive for a piece of technology. 2.They don't have enough features to push me towards it. 3. It doesn't have great graphics other than a crappy camera. 4.There is no GBA slot which means no Guitar Hero, GBA flash carts or any exclusive games. 5.You can get a camera for the DS lite AT the GBA slot. I don't have anymore ways to abuse the DSI but I still am not moved to buy one.elpooz

How does a system that has a free internet browser, online shop with some nice games for purchase, sound recording app, decent camera with several editing options, tons of space for new apps/dl'ed games, improved system memory, etc.. not have enough features?

And if you buy the camera for the DSlite, the browser, and the DSlite, the cost will most likely exceed what the DSi costs. And the DSi offers much more than just those 2 things.

I really think people should just make the jump, unless they are big GBA fans. Selling your DSlite would probably get you a good $70 or 80$, so you'd only end up paying around $100 for the DSi...

I found three faults in you post.

1: There is still a ton of great games on the GBA worth playing.

2: The camera in the DSi sucks. Yes it is good enough for what you will do with it in games but as a camera it just sucks.

3: $180 is a lot of money and not something most people would or should spend on an upgrade that have yet to have any great exclusive games on it.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 JLF1

About what Ghost said...

Never buy games from Ebay. Amazon is fine as long as you get them new. I wouldn't trust the used selections, but they might be ok. I have never personally ordered anything used from Amazon.

elpooz

I have bought a hundred games on Ebay and been fooled 1-2 times.

You just have to know what you are looking for and which sellers are OK to buy from. It's also a good idea to look up how fake DS games look like and never buy from a seller that doesn't show you an image of the actual game you might be buying.

If the seller just have stock pictures of the games from other shops then don't buy there. If the seller actually shows you a picture of just that game you might be interested in you can buy from them.

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 elpooz

[QUOTE="elpooz"]

[QUOTE="123delta98"]Yet the DSI is exciting and pushes me more to getting one, i'd rather stick with a DS Lite it is some what better. One day I will get a DSI but not at the moment. 1.They are to expensive for a piece of technology. 2.They don't have enough features to push me towards it. 3. It doesn't have great graphics other than a crappy camera. 4.There is no GBA slot which means no Guitar Hero, GBA flash carts or any exclusive games. 5.You can get a camera for the DS lite AT the GBA slot. I don't have anymore ways to abuse the DSI but I still am not moved to buy one.JLF1

I found three faults in you post.

1: There is still a ton of great games on the GBA worth playing.

2: The camera in the DSi sucks. Yes it is good enough for what you will do with it in games but as a camera it just sucks.

3: $180 is a lot of money and not something most people would or should spend on an upgrade that have yet to have any great exclusive games on it.

To #1, the DS games out a more than enough to satisfy a DSi owner. There are around 30 great games that are from tons of different genres, so why would you need Golden Sun, old Pokemons, old MM Battle Networks, and so on?

To #2, you make no sense. If it is good enough for what we will do with it, how is it flawed? If it can do what people are going to try do with it, it does not suck. If it were to take on the tasks of other cameras (which it will most likely not), then it would not work well. It works perfectly for the level of tech. it is on and does what people want to do with it, probably even more.

To #3... As I said, you could reduce that to $100. And Minis March Again, all the Art****, and Mighty Flip Champs own. Plus, DQ Wars and several other promising DSiware games are coming most likely.

This upgrade is well worth it unless you love GBA games.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 JLF1

To #1, the DS games out a more than enough to satisfy a DSi owner. There are around 30 great games that are from tons of different genres, so why would you need Golden Sun, old Pokemons, old MM Battle Networks, and so on?

To #2, you make no sense. If it is good enough for what we will do with it, how is it flawed? If it can do what people are going to try do with it, it does not suck. If it were to take on the tasks of other cameras (which it will most likely not), then it would not work well. It works perfectly for the level of tech. it is on and does what people want to do with it, probably even more.

To #3... As I said, you could reduce that to $100. And Minis March Again, all the Art****, and Mighty Flip Champs own. Plus, DQ Wars and several other promising DSiware games are coming most likely.

elpooz

1: So all those high quality GBA games are worthless now because the DS exists? Will the DS games also be worthless when the DS2 is released? That's laughable. A quality game is a quality game no matter whan system it's on. Could you give me a reason why I should play Golden Sun 1 and 2 anymore? If it's tech you want you should own a PSP and not DSi.

2: As I said, if you want a good camera you will be very disappointed. It might work in whatever way devs might implement it in games but if you want to take pictures with it it plain sucks.

3: So you are willing to neglect hundreds of GBA games for one or two DSiware games that are out now and for the "potential" future DSi games that could be years away and could very well suck. I will get a DSi when there is enough exclusive games on it or when Nintendo at least releases GAMES at a steady rate on it instead of clocks and calculators. If the Wiiware on the Wii is any indication of the future of the DSiware then it will take a year or two for me a DSL owner to see the need to buy a DSi.

The upgrade will be worth it when Nintendo gets of that big money pile and starts releasing quality games on it. We are however not there yet.

hcman46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 hcman46

I think the text in Chrono trigger and GTA: Chinatown wars is too small for comfort. I have a DS Lite, and I was wondering if there is anyone who switched to the DSI specifically to get a better screen, and can tell me about the difference. Did it help for the text size? I hate the shorter battery time, and there I'll lose around 100$ if I sell the DS Lite to buy a DSI. But I could really use larger text size. Please advice!

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 elpooz

I have GTA and a DSi. The text size is pretty good, I haven't been unable to read it so far. I don't know how much of an imrpovement it is from the lite, but the text size is alright on the DSi.

hcman46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 hcman46

I have GTA and a DSi. The text size is pretty good, I haven't been unable to read it so far. I don't know how much of an imrpovement it is from the lite, but the text size is alright on the DSi.

elpooz
I went and got the DSI, and the change in screen size was just enough to make the text comfortable for me :). Worth the money for me! Thanks for the advice!
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#176 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

[QUOTE="elpooz"]

JLF1

1: So all those high quality GBA games are worthless now because the DS exists? Will the DS games also be worthless when the DS2 is released? That's laughable. A quality game is a quality game no matter whan system it's on. Could you give me a reason why I should play Golden Sun 1 and 2 anymore? If it's tech you want you should own a PSP and not DSi.

2: As I said, if you want a good camera you will be very disappointed. It might work in whatever way devs might implement it in games but if you want to take pictures with it it plain sucks.

3: So you are willing to neglect hundreds of GBA games for one or two DSiware games that are out now and for the "potential" future DSi games that could be years away and could very well suck. I will get a DSi when there is enough exclusive games on it or when Nintendo at least releases GAMES at a steady rate on it instead of clocks and calculators. If the Wiiware on the Wii is any indication of the future of the DSiware then it will take a year or two for me a DSL owner to see the need to buy a DSi.

The upgrade will be worth it when Nintendo gets of that big money pile and starts releasing quality games on it. We are however not there yet.

Look, GBA is as outdated as the Gamecube. Nobody really plays them anymore. In fact, very few stores even SELL GBA games anymore. And, if you really want to play GBA games, get a GBA or an SP. That's what they're for. The DS can play GBA games as an extra feature; the main point of it is to play DS games.

So, like, get over yourself and stop feeling bad for yourself because you're too stubborn to upgrade.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#177 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

JLF1

Your logic about the GBA is flawed, saying that a system is bad just because it doesn`t have retro capabilities is well... trying too hard to revive the past. If your logic has to be followed, we can say that all the DS versions sucks because it can`t play GB/GBC, and there are games worthy of playing in these. Oh, god, i hate the DS! How imma gonna play my GBC games now? /sarcasm

blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#178 blooddog28
Member since 2008 • 2049 Posts
nice thread!
tekky14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#179 tekky14
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts

woooaah, what's with the arguing?

the DSi is already out and selling great, and I welcome other's opinions, but if you don't like it, just don't buy it :roll:

Anyway,
I've had DSLs in the past ,and both had their hinges broken, the last one about a month before the DSi came out. Everything it includes is great, as I own a GBA SP, I need a new DS, and the fact that it's got camera functions and works as a music player is only more satisfying.

However, all I need to do is lok at the price tag to say no. In Canada (that's the country north of the US), the DSLs are selling for $139.99. Fair enough.
The DSis however, are selling at a whooping $199.99. Now, add around 15% tax, that's $230. Add a game, and it goes up to $270.

For those of you who haven't pieced the puzzle, that means that for me to buy a DSi and a game would surpass the price of a home console, and that is just one thing I can't buy into. If there was any way to lower the cost, I would try it, but seeing as I currently have no games to trade in, I am a console gamer only for the time being.

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Yoweeh

woooaah, what's with the arguing?

the DSi is already out and selling great, and I welcome other's opinions, but if you don't like it, just don't buy it :roll:

Anyway,
I've had DSLs in the past ,and both had their hinges broken, the last one about a month before the DSi came out. Everything it includes is great, as I own a GBA SP, I need a new DS, and the fact that it's got camera functions and works as a music player is only more satisfying.

However, all I need to do is lok at the price tag to say no. In Canada (that's the country north of the US), the DSLs are selling for $139.99. Fair enough.
The DSis however, are selling at a whooping $199.99. Now, add around 15% tax, that's $230. Add a game, and it goes up to $270.

For those of you who haven't pieced the puzzle, that means that for me to buy a DSi and a game would surpass the price of a home console, and that is just one thing I can't buy into. If there was any way to lower the cost, I would try it, but seeing as I currently have no games to trade in, I am a console gamer only for the time being.

tekky14

Zoom down to the states, man. Or get one off ebay; there are tons priced at $170 with free shipping.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 JLF1

Look, GBA is as outdated as the Gamecube. Nobody really plays them anymore. In fact, very few stores even SELL GBA games anymore. And, if you really want to play GBA games, get a GBA or an SP. That's what they're for. The DS can play GBA games as an extra feature; the main point of it is to play DS games.

So, like, get over yourself and stop feeling bad for yourself because you're too stubborn to upgrade.

Yoweeh

Why should I feel bad for myself for not buying a product I don't need right now?

I have enough money to buy 10 DSis today right now and it wouldn't matter. For God sake I just bough a Glass object for $550. The thing is have that amount of spare money because I don't make stupid decisions when I buy games or other uneccesary stuff. It's not being stubborn, it's being economically smart. buying something I have no need for right now is a very supid thing to do especially when there is a huge chance that the product will drop in price when I find a use for it.

I play GBA games, why should I care if no one else is playing them on the DS? You know what? thousand and thousands of used GBA games are up on Ebay for sale right now and guess what? they sell. Yes I could buy a GBA SP or Micro but that would mean I have to walk around with another electronic on me. If I were to buy a DSi I would have to spend another $40-60 on a GBA.

I don't find backwardscompability necesarry. If the DS2 can't play DS games I won't cry but when one system can play my over 40 and growing great GBA collection I don't like the idea that an upgrade makes the function go away and replace it with a DSiware store that have yet to get any true great game on it. If the DSiware were to explode with quality games then I might consider but so far Nintendo isn't even releasing games on it every week. I looks like it's going the Wiiware way which means that it will have very few quality games on it. Yes I think it's fare to compare it to the Wiiware store because so far that's what it is.

The only way GBA games are outdated in is graphics. Something the DSi is compared to any other system. If graphics is so important to you I hope you own a PSP as the DSi is outdated compared to it in graphics. I own a PSP and a DSL and can you guess why? because I like the games on them, the same reason I still play a lot GBA games.

You see, I am the age where if I were to tell my freinds I got the new DS they would not say "OOH" or "Cool" or "WoW" or "where did you get the money from?" they would say "............ wait, what? Why?" because my other friends have apartments, nice cars, some of them are even already married.

I can't brag about my new DSi
I don't find the upgrades good enough for me to care
I don't find the games available on so far is worth it
I don't find neglecting my GBA games worth the very very few exclusive games on it.
I don't like the very high price for it.

I own a DSL and it works fine

I don't find the money I would spend on it would be worth it.

You see, I have absolutely no reason to buy a DSi yet so it's not about anger or jealousy. I have nothing against the DSi, why would I? I just find it unnecesary.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 meiaman
Why should I feel bad for myself for not buying a product I don't need right now?JLF1
Nobody is making you to. :?
I have nothing against the DSi, why would I?JLF1
I actually would believe you, but you were bashing it a few posts ago...
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 JLF1

1: Nobody is making you to. :?

2: I actually would believe you, but you were bashing it a few posts ago...meiaman

1: Actually Yoweeh clearly did when He/She said "So, like, get over yourself and stop feeling bad for yourself because you're too stubborn to upgrade."

2: No, I have never bashed the DSi as a system.

I might have said that It's a rip-off which I think it is consider the price it has or that It's not the worth the money or that I don't find it a good enough of an upgrade but nothing else. I have looked at it from a DSL owners eye and debated on the need for an upgrade from the DSL. I have not debated from a non DS owners eye. That's the main difference.

If you don't own a DS yet I think the DSi is amazing but if you already own a DSL I don't find necessary or worth the money. This is the DSL vs DSI thread isn't it?

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 elpooz

This guy needs to chill :lol:. We don't need a lesson on how to make smart choices bud, you can relax ;).

lol at that whole post...

anyway... I'm enjoying playing on my DSi. I had borrowed my friends DS lite before and, honestly, playing on this is just more appealing. I don't really know why. It's probably a combination of the better sound, resolution, screen size, and more user-friendly buttons. It's just all around better for gaming imo. And seriously, you look sexy with these things. I have had people stop and stare at it because of how nice it looks. And tons of people I've ran into have asked what it is :lol:. DSi ftw.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 JLF1

This guy needs to chill :lol:. We don't need a lesson on how to make smart choices bud, you can relax ;).

lol at that whole post...

anyway... I'm enjoying playing on my DSi. I had borrowed my friends DS lite before and, honestly, playing on this is just more appealing. I don't really know why. It's probably a combination of the better sound, resolution, screen size, and more user-friendly buttons. It's just all around better for gaming imo. And seriously, you look sexy with these things. I have had people stop and stare at it because of how nice it looks. And tons of people I've ran into have asked what it is :lol:. DSi ftw.

elpooz

I'm actually really calm :)

I hade a lot of spare-time at the moment so I thought "why not?".

It's just that some people don't seem to being able to accept that I so far are liking the DSL more than the DSi.

You should see some of the PM's I've got from people reading this thread calling me a looser, a failure at life and an idiot etc etc because I don't find the DSi worth the money right now. It's not really me that needs to relax :P

I made that post so that people wouldn't missunderstand me (they have done that a lot in this thread already) of why I personally don't find the upgrade neccesary for me yet. I have never tried to push my opinion onto other people or have stated that my opinion is always right. I am also not trying to stop anyone from buying a DSi or anything like that.

This thread is about DSL vs DSi. I said that I liked the DSL more but some people could apparantly not take that. :(

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 elpooz

Lol just ignore it. I can see where you're coming from, if I had a lite, I wouldn't have gotten the DSi so soon. But I had never had a DS before, period. So that warranted the purchase. If I was going to get it, I thought it would clearly be best to get the latest version. The DSi is superior, imo (obviously), but I can see why you wouldn't upgrade just yet. The lite is still formidable - it's not like it's a horrible handheld or anything.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 meiaman

You weren`t bashing it JFL? Well sorry, i could swear that i saw you bashing, maybe i was mistaken.

But now, i guess all the hate people goes for those who says that they are not buying the DSi can be explained. Before the DSi release, people here at GS just kept bashing the DSi every time they could, even stating wrong informations or making critics based on ambigous information, saying that it sucks and stuff. I think all the fighting created some anger at a certain point that people tries to proves the others are wrong, mainly because of the DSi bashers that were poorly informed about the DSi and went on a rampage on these boards. Anyway most of the DSi bashers are gone from the DSi forums, but a few DSi lovers still remains and with scars from those ancient battles. Yoweeh is one of these.

Just try to relax and take it easy on Yoweeh. Maybe she just passed through all this and she is in that state that i`ve talked of. There is nothing wrong with it, really, she just trying to defend the console that she loves. It happens. We just have to be careful to not turn this into another mini system wars, were fanboys keep slaughtering themselves for shame and dishonor. ;)

And Yoweeh, try to forget the past and continue to live on. And let people choose what they see best. Just keep working to give them the correct information about it and keep the valiant efforts to erradicate the "wrong info DSi bashing" clan. Sometimes people just don`t want to give in 35 bucks more for whatever reason, but thats just them. Just remember that the DSi is superior and even through some ppl prefer the Lite, they don`t know what they are missing anyway, as long as they are happy with any DS, i guess its fine. :P

psppwnzed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 psppwnzed
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
They could force everyone to go lefty end mut the peripheral on the DS card slot
McBlooAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 McBlooAce

I think theres has been big changes. I bought a DSi a few weeks ago and its much better! Of course I bought a regular Ds in 2005 sometime when itcame out, so I didn't have a DSL. But even so DSi is a very good system!

donaldo1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#190 donaldo1989
Member since 2005 • 6489 Posts

I'll stick with my DS lite. I'd only consider getting the DSi if my lite breaks or something

_Sawyer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 _Sawyer_
Member since 2006 • 448 Posts
So say I buy a Australian DSi even though my collection is made up of imported American Games will they still be able to play on it? As I have been reading stuff about Region Locked Games???? Please correct me here
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Yoweeh

So say I buy a Australian DSi even though my collection is made up of imported American Games will they still be able to play on it? As I have been reading stuff about Region Locked Games???? Please correct me here_Sawyer_

DS games are not region locked on the DSi. It's said that furute games will be and DSiware games and DSi-only games are though.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Until the DSi gets a VC, I'll still use my GBA slot on the Lite.

I still have all my Super Mario Advanced games, Zelda games, and Metroid games. I also have FFVI. So yeah, the GBA slot is still important.

freakbabyblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#195 freakbabyblues
Member since 2009 • 693 Posts

[QUOTE="_Sawyer_"]So say I buy a Australian DSi even though my collection is made up of imported American Games will they still be able to play on it? As I have been reading stuff about Region Locked Games???? Please correct me hereYoweeh

DS games are not region locked on the DSi. It's said that furute games will be and DSiware games and DSi-only games are though.

Naw, only DSiWare is RL'd. At least that's what I think Nintendo said...
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Yoweeh

for all die hard ds fans out there the new dsi has useless features that no body cares about. the ds and ds lite supports the r4 and others like it while the dsi doesnt. ds lite for life

blackcharizard1

*cough* There's a new one for the DSi.

And plus, that's illegal.

The DSi is most of the DS Lite but more.

Chubah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Chubah

The whole thread is useless, let me sum it up in 3 lines:

1) If you don't play any GBA games and you don't own a DS yet ---->buy DSi

2) If you still play GBA games and you don't have a DS yet --->buy DS Lite

3) If you already own a DS Lite there is no need to buy a DSi, unless you have money to waste, since the upgrade is not worth the DSi retail price.

freakbabyblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#198 freakbabyblues
Member since 2009 • 693 Posts

The whole thread is useless, let me sum it up in 3 lines:

1) If you don't play any GBA games and you don't own a DS yet ---->buy DSi

2) If you still play GBA games and you don't have a DS yet --->buy DS Lite

3) If you already own a DS Lite there is no need to buy a DSi, unless you have money to waste, since the upgrade is not worth the DSi retail price.

4) If you like what the DSi has to offer and have and have an alternate means of playing GBA games--->buy DSi

Chubah

Fix'd

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

I've been playing a few games on both my DSi and Lite last night and there is a significant difference. The DSi's bigger screen does stand out and the games seem faster, cleaner, crisper, and more smoother.

Sure, it's not DS2 but it's a good evolution of it.

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

I've been playing a few games on both my DSi and Lite last night and there is a significant difference. The DSi's bigger screen does stand out and the games seem faster, cleaner, crisper, and more smoother.

Sure, it's not DS2 but it's a good evolution of it.

ASK_Story

im not too sure about the smoother part but i can definately notice the bigger screens. WOOT! 200th post in this topic that is :P